IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 568.
#12501 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

post deleted by Cayenne because Art of Pinball saw its rights violated

Just curious what rights were violated? Is there a copyright infringement going on?

#12502 2 years ago

I think it's really unfair that there appears to be a bunch of bullying going on from art of pinball to force this guy to stop selling generic plain speaker kits which nobody has a copyright on plastic speakers... Come on...

They were posted up here and now the posts all gone. Does anyone know about this? Even Sven store is taken down. Just not right.

Here's the original topic
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit#post-6392827

#12503 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think it's really unfair that there appears to be a bunch of bullying going on from art of pinball to force this guy to stop selling generic plain speaker kits which nobody has a copyright on plastic speakers... Come on...
They were posted up here and now the posts all gone. Does anyone know about this? Even Sven store is taken down. Just not right.
Here's the original topic
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit#post-6392827

Impossible to evaluate since all the posts and content are deleted.

#12504 2 years ago

Still want a GnR but with these playfield issues and no warranty, going to have to sit it out until JJP decide to be customer friendly.

#12505 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

So I personally just spent 6 hours toiling away on my GnR Standard. I used the Buffalo Pinball video as guidance and I used this post as well (along with Yellow Bird). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226?fbclid=IwAR0Tqv7xF5iKdzok07Mrbq4W0396cJyhfPcr2oLDeerpZWtJ3h3c1ovtYVg#post-6338289
I installed a full set of Cliffy Protectors, the Lior Shooter Rod/Skull and Action Button mod. I also got as many pooling posts as I could fixed and while I didn't get everything the ones I didn't get had such a small amount of pooling I may tackle it in the future if it gets worse. These are my techniques and what I learned about this process and I hope it helps future owners. The skull doesn't interfere with leg removal and the glue on the action button mod doesn't work (or didn't work for me) so I got Gorilla Glue double-sided tape and that worked like a charm. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
So the iron you get will have concentric ring marks from a machining process on the face of the iron. You must remove those or else you are going to put rings into your playfield! I used a lapping stone with fine sandpaper and then Scotch-Brite pads but look up how to lap and do it on a bench or something. Follow the video but what I did was press and smooth out the warm playfield your your fingers. The process is much like applying a screen protector as it's almost like mylar over the entire playfield as the mylar "shrinks" and you squeegee the bubble out to the hole. Try not to breathe in the offgassing fumes (smells like yogurt) however it won't kill you. Oddly removing wood screws created the same smell. For me it worked out great and buttery smooth! As for the washers folding that isn't necessarily due to people cranking away on the screwdriver. Typically as I show that happens when a ball guide acts like a knife edge and bends the washer which will happen because it's a flat disc. You want like 25 or so of these washers: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-700-0070-00-70 They look MUCH better than the junk JJP sent out and you won't even notice them when the game is lit up. Then as Nick Lane said you want to use the steel washer under the playfield to be on top. The washer squishes out and prevents metal to clearcoat contact and absorbs vibration. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Finally the whole "oh my god they installed the wrong posts and this is why the playfield is chipping" is plain bs. You only need to order 2, YES JUST 2 of these posts: https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html I point out where they need to be installed and I really hope JJP fixes that issue because that is a simple value adjustment on the CNC mill or use the correct post. So it's not every post hole as the person complained about because you can't fit the proper post in because it's too fat. It's just those 2 holes drilled out too large.[quoted image].[quoted image]
Finally the octagon lighting area needs to have the lights diffused. Nearly every game has this issue and a mod is commercially available but why buy it when you have it in your fridge already? This is a 7 year going strong mod for Stern Star Trek insignia: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-proprele-warp-ramp-insignia-lighting-mod-[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bottom left washer, which you showed you ironed out and then installed a silicone washer under, is showing pooling already around it. PTEG washers are definitely best.

#12506 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Bottom left washer, which you showed you ironed out and then installed a silicone washer under, is showing pooling already around it. PTEG washers are definitely best.

5BEB49E3-DA31-4278-A6E0-BA1CD13B24CA (resized).jpeg5BEB49E3-DA31-4278-A6E0-BA1CD13B24CA (resized).jpeg

#12507 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Impossible to evaluate since all the posts and content are deleted.

Original post and pictures are back now

#12508 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

PETG, silicone, carbon fiber, whatever is the cheapest washers I think will work. Anything soft between the steel and clearcoat. I noticed that with the image posted last night and I hope it's a shadow. I will check it out on Thursday but I didn't wait half an hour or whatever to re-install it. The game is currently located at a friends house. So I was just fixing as many as I could in the shortest time. I heated up the spot, pushed the pooling out with my fingers, put the steel washer under the pf on the post, then silicone washer and then installed it. My friend has many Stern games and some older Williams titles and they all look fantastic with the exception of Black Knight: Sword of Rage. It looks like Stern clearcoat thickness is much thinner as well which if you are applying multiple layers then it takes longer to dry/cure.

For me personally it's not the end of the world but it really shouldn't happen with these issues. I paid $8k (cheaper than a BM '66 or Elvira: HoH which are 2 games I debated over GnR) and my issues started happening around 70 plays. There are other issues as well like the flipper buttons slightly creased the cabinet artwork and a sticker on the coindoor is crooked. Can be fixed with eventual lollipop rails and the sticker is a whatever thing. Dimpling will even out over time and it's just the nature of the wear and tear of pinball even if it looks like the moon. It will even out over time as I have seen with my other friends games. The other issues like cabinet splitting, chipping/pooling, etc are way more serious.

I have 3 other friends with an LE locally and they don't have an issue and all of my friends were fascinated and thought I was crazy what I did yesterday afternoon. However my distributor does have a pooling LE on the show floor and I have seen just about every Wonka have a pooling playfield. My point is the issues are bad, you shouldn't have to deal with this (especially the posts) but it's not worthy of the hate. What would make me feel better is if JJP acknowledged the problem and made fixes (they are supposedly with the new runs). This is my first NIB by the way and my distributor and I fully knew what I was potentially getting into and I documented the issues with him. I love, absolutely love the game though and Liors mods. I have to say Eric is pretty creative when he designed GnR and it was simple to take apart/put together.

#12509 2 years ago

Ok i am about to get back into my GNRCE and tear this down to put some washers on it, etc...Been way to busy to get it done. I have been out of the loop so here goes. What is the best method to use to fix these STUPID issues? At this time, i think i want to put washers on ALL post. If i am going to tear it down might as well. Cliffys are on the way so im getting close. Does anyone have the amount i need and sizes needed? I need to go w/ black because clear washers will show my damage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!

#12510 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still want a GnR but with these playfield issues and no warranty, going to have to sit it out until JJP decide to be customer friendly.

My game ships this week!! Can't wait!! Every time I've played this it made me want it more. While I hope I don't have issues, I'm at a stage that I'm just going to have a ton of fun with it and chalk it up to collateral damage if something happens. Life is too short to stress about it!!

#12511 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Not on my thread , do you want to put up a picture .

#12513 2 years ago

Hi,
I just got my LE, and the left rubber on top of "Coma" (area to the left of the left slingshot) was unfortunately before even the first game.

What's the reference of that rubber and would you have any guidance on how to replace it ?

Total newbie here and it seems I need to remove 3 posts, one of which has a t-nut on the bottom of the playfield, with which I wonder how to deal.
The other ones I suppose can be removed with a nut driver (American size 11/32?) and a small wrench to keep the plot from turning ?
Thanks a lot !

#12514 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Hi,
I just got my LE, and the left rubber on top of "Coma" (area to the left of the left slingshot) was unfortunately before even the first game.
What's the reference of that rubber and would you have any guidance on how to replace it ?
Total newbie here and it seems I need to remove 3 posts, one of which has a t-nut on the bottom of the playfield, with which I wonder how to deal.
The other ones I suppose can be removed with a nut driver (American size 11/32?) and a small wrench to keep the plot from turning ?
Thanks a lot !

Most rubbers have the size on them. No need to remove posts.

#12515 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Hi,
Thanks a lot !

Assume you're referring to #5 in diagram below. That's 1 1/2" and there shouldn't be a need to remove any posts. Just remove enough nuts to be able to carefully lift the end of the plastic above it and pop the new ring in over posts.

The GnR game manual (including rubber ring sizes and all sorts of detailed info) is available for viewing via your game's menu system or you can download a copy of the latest manual (May 2021) at JJP's website support page.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

GnR ring (resized).JPGGnR ring (resized).JPG

#12516 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Quoted from screaminr:

Not on my thread , do you want to put up a picture .

Thx. Should have read all the posts before replying!

#12517 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

So I personally just spent 6 hours toiling away on my GnR Standard. I used the Buffalo Pinball video as guidance and I used this post as well (along with Yellow Bird). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226?fbclid=IwAR0Tqv7xF5iKdzok07Mrbq4W0396cJyhfPcr2oLDeerpZWtJ3h3c1ovtYVg#post-6338289
I installed a full set of Cliffy Protectors, the Lior Shooter Rod/Skull and Action Button mod. I also got as many pooling posts as I could fixed and while I didn't get everything the ones I didn't get had such a small amount of pooling I may tackle it in the future if it gets worse. These are my techniques and what I learned about this process and I hope it helps future owners. The skull doesn't interfere with leg removal and the glue on the action button mod doesn't work (or didn't work for me) so I got Gorilla Glue double-sided tape and that worked like a charm. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
So the iron you get will have concentric ring marks from a machining process on the face of the iron. You must remove those or else you are going to put rings into your playfield! I used a lapping stone with fine sandpaper and then Scotch-Brite pads but look up how to lap and do it on a bench or something. Follow the video but what I did was press and smooth out the warm playfield your your fingers. The process is much like applying a screen protector as it's almost like mylar over the entire playfield as the mylar "shrinks" and you squeegee the bubble out to the hole. Try not to breathe in the offgassing fumes (smells like yogurt) however it won't kill you. Oddly removing wood screws created the same smell. For me it worked out great and buttery smooth! As for the washers folding that isn't necessarily due to people cranking away on the screwdriver. Typically as I show that happens when a ball guide acts like a knife edge and bends the washer which will happen because it's a flat disc. You want like 25 or so of these washers: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-700-0070-00-70 They look MUCH better than the junk JJP sent out and you won't even notice them when the game is lit up. Then as Nick Lane said you want to use the steel washer under the playfield to be on top. The washer squishes out and prevents metal to clearcoat contact and absorbs vibration. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Finally the whole "oh my god they installed the wrong posts and this is why the playfield is chipping" is plain bs. You only need to order 2, YES JUST 2 of these posts: https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html I point out where they need to be installed and I really hope JJP fixes that issue because that is a simple value adjustment on the CNC mill or use the correct post. So it's not every post hole as the person complained about because you can't fit the proper post in because it's too fat. It's just those 2 holes drilled out too large.[quoted image].[quoted image]
Finally the octagon lighting area needs to have the lights diffused. Nearly every game has this issue and a mod is commercially available but why buy it when you have it in your fridge already? This is a 7 year going strong mod for Stern Star Trek insignia: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-proprele-warp-ramp-insignia-lighting-mod-[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great write up.

I agree, I think Retro Centgo or whatever the video source was from really took the focus off track and did a disservice to the root issue. Not intentional, but away from the prime focus of the clear and the metal washers being the issue. IMHO the posts used by JJP have nothing to do with the pooling issue...

#12518 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Great write up.
I agree, I think Retro Centgo or whatever the video source was from really took the focus off track and did a disservice to the root issue. Not intentional, but away from the prime focus of the clear and the metal washers being the issue. IMHO the posts used by JJP have nothing to do with the pooling issue...

Good time for an update from you? Still holding strong and how many plays are you up to since your bulletproofing?

#12519 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok i am about to get back into my GNRCE and tear this down to put some washers on it, etc...Been way to busy to get it done. I have been out of the loop so here goes. What is the best method to use to fix these STUPID issues? At this time, i think i want to put washers on ALL post. If i am going to tear it down might as well. Cliffys are on the way so im getting close. Does anyone have the amount i need and sizes needed? I need to go w/ black because clear washers will show my damage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!!

I think a good start is all here in a key post of biblical proportions from fooflighter located in the tech section and entitled NIB Bulletproofing:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#12520 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Good time for an update from you? Still holding strong and how many plays are you up to since your bulletproofing?

About 300 more games after my last posts.. still going strong and no further issues. I didn't replace any posts with the JJP kit either

#12521 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just get like 20 or something like that and 2 of those alternate posts or 3 if you have a LE/CE. Read my post from last night. It's a really simple process and over dramatized but I would use those translucent silicone washers because they are translucent and cheap. The pooling may be really bad but once you iron it out, it looks like the pooling never occurred then once you install the washer over it, it's completely gone and protected. Cliffy install took me half an hour btw. Some tips are that Cliff included enough inlane protectors for the bottom inlanes only and the apron is secured under the pf with lock nuts and 2 Philips head screws on the pf latch area. Why they added 2 mounting points under the apron is anyone's guess. Be sure to reuse the black washers under the apron and fix the pooling there as well.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Great write up.

Yeah I agree. Aside from calling people morons these posts are not moving. In the video he made it seem like every post was drilled too large when in fact it was only 2 for the SE and 3 for the LE/CE models for the entire game. They are sinking into the clear however but that isn't related to the posts and JJP could get away using the current ones.

#12522 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Looking at the set, three thoughts:

1. What a great kit
2. What a great value
3. If Lior was badgering him, I have no idea why. It's not like he has the patent on scale model speaker reproductions.

#12523 2 years ago

Is there suppose to be a rubber on the troublesome post on the upper playfield that leads to the guitar neck?

#12524 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Just get like 20 or something like that and 2 of those alternate posts or 3 if you have a LE/CE. Read my post from last night. It's a really simple process and over dramatized but I would use those translucent silicone washers because they are translucent and cheap. The pooling may be really bad but once you iron it out, it looks like the pooling never occurred then once you install the washer over it, it's completely gone and protected. Cliffy install took me half an hour btw. Some tips are that Cliff included enough inlane protectors for the bottom inlanes only and the apron is secured under the pf with lock nuts and 2 Philips head screws on the pf latch area. Why they added 2 mounting points under the apron is anyone's guess. Be sure to reuse the black washers under the apron and fix the pooling there as well.

Yeah I agree. Aside from calling people morons these posts are not moving. In the video he made it seem like every post was drilled too large when in fact it was only 2 for the SE and 3 for the LE/CE models for the entire game. They are sinking into the clear however but that isn't related to the posts and JJP could get away using the current ones.

There should be zero loose posts and nobody should be required to put Pet-G washers on a $10k pin. So this is really on JJP and not the people pointing this out

#12525 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

There should be zero loose posts and nobody should be required to put Pet-G washers on a $10k pin. So this is really on JJP and not the people pointing this out

It's not really loose though and nobody should have to be taking a hot iron to their game. That large hole thing is just a minor 2min change in the G-code of the CNC mill. These are problems however and for 99% of the people out there it's easily fixable and not as bad as a cabinet splitting or playfields warping. However the manufacturers know they have an issue even though they won't admit it, are trying to fix it (albeit a lame and ugly fix), and I'm confident they will make us whole or talk about it in-person this upcoming expo. I'm not even sure how many Pinsiders have had rationale and calm conversations with these manufacturers over e-mail or in-person. These people own and paid for their own games they made by the way. I don't like how customer support has been ghosting people lately because that is not the JJP I have come to know but I'm assuming it's due to sheer volume of e-mails and picking apart every single stupid thing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12526 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think a good start is all here in a key post of biblical proportions from fooflighter located in the tech section and entitled NIB Bulletproofing:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

Thank u so much. Exactly what i needed. But i dont see black.

#12527 2 years ago

Has anyone else with a July 2021 build not been able to find a manufactured date stamped on the playfield? I can't find it on any side, including all the way at the back. I've bound a couple 4 - 5 text / digit strings but that's it.

#12528 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Assume you're referring to #5 in diagram below. That's 1 1/2" and there shouldn't be a need to remove any posts. Just remove enough nuts to be able to carefully lift end of plastic above it and pop new ring in over posts

Thanks mate ! That's the one indeed, good to know it'll not be complicated ! And thanks too Yelobird, I had no idea - lots too learn

#12529 2 years ago

Played 1 game, absolutely amazing, wife was happy to beat me lol.

Have 1 issue. The tight lock release is not going up on its own. Throughout a game I noticed it very slowly starting to come up. Once down again the process would repeat. In the test coil menu I can triggering the right coil release did nothing, just a slight noise. Activating the left lock release coil repeatedly caused the right one to slowly go up.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

20210718_164417 (resized).jpg20210718_164417 (resized).jpg

#12530 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thank u so much. Exactly what i needed. But i dont see black.

True . And in that key post he does show a picture of a blue one on top of the upper play field which is really pretty dark. I think those are from pinball life.

Titanpinball also has purple which looks even darker to me so that might be as close as you can get. With the play field art underneath purple It will probably look pretty close to black.

Obviously you're trying to cover up damage which is why you don't want clear. Anything without damage you could still use clear.

And since we know JJP is putting black washers on their machines now I would hope if you can get in touch with them they could send you some black washers for your damaged areas if you really don't think purple will be dark enough..

#12531 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Played 1 game, absolutely amazing, wife was happy to beat me lol.
Have 1 issue. The tight lock release is not going up on its own. Throughout a game I noticed it very slowly starting to come up. Once down again the process would repeat. In the test coil menu I can triggering the right coil release did nothing, just a slight noise. Activating the left lock release coil repeatedly caused the right one to slowly go up.
Any suggestions? Thank you.
[quoted image]

Take a look underneath. This happened to mine but had two issues; the bolt holding the lock was loose and the coil sleeve was worn to a hilt. Doubt your sleeve will be bad though with it so new so check the bolt.

#12532 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:Has anyone else with a July 2021 build not been able to find a manufactured date stamped on the playfield? I can't find it on any side, including all the way at the back. I've bound a couple 4 - 5 text / digit strings but that's it.

I have a July build with a playfield date of May 21 Mine is stamped in the very back right corner edge.

#12533 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Take a look underneath. This happened to mine but had two issues; the bolt holding the lock was loose and the coil sleeve was worn to a hilt. Doubt your sleeve will be bad though with it so new so check the bolt.

Thanks! Got it fixed, just had to adjust the bolts underneath a bit.

#12534 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Added a spotlight for axl.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't think this post got the attention it deserves.
Spotlight on Axl is great.. do tell more.
did you just add a small led from under the playfield? What kind and where did you grab power? Assuming this just static and stays on when the game is powered? Or did you go overboard and tap into hot rails
Did you happen to experiment with different colors and brightness?

As a side note, maybe someone will come up with a nut hiding kit. The skulls at the bottom of axl are cool except I don't like the two nuts and bolt sitting among them. If we had little resin cast skulls we could pop on top cover them up that would be great. Also there's other areas on the playfield where something could sit on top of a nut to cover it up, like Just someone sell a bag of assorted skulls that fit on top of those standard nuts. Obviously a full kit of assorted roses, bullets, skulls, etc to cover all the bolts and screws on the playfield would be awesome.

#12535 2 years ago

Anyone know what activated the not in this lifetime divertor after the ball leaves the drumsticks?

I’ve only seen it come down twice.

#12536 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone know what activated the not in this lifetime divertor after the ball leaves the drumsticks?

I've mostly seen it during song modes where you need to hit either the center loop or the coma target: hit it up the right ramp and then it will divert.

#12537 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I've mostly seen it during song modes where you need to hit either the center loop or the coma target: hit it up the right ramp and then it will divert.

Thanks!!! Couldn’t find the info anywhere..

#12538 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Look at the big yellow insert under the right ramp, labeled ‘Detour’. When it’s lit, the diverter will go off.

Civil war is notorious for using the diverter. But once you start recognizing that detour insert, you’ll notice it’s used quite a bit.

#12539 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I don't think this post got the attention it deserves.
Spotlight on Axl is great.. do tell more.
did you just add a small led from under the playfield? What kind and where did you grab power? Assuming this just static and stays on when the game is powered? Or did you go overboard and tap into hot rails
Did you happen to experiment with different colors and brightness?
As a side note, maybe someone will come up with a nut hiding kit. The skulls at the bottom of axl are cool except I don't like the two nuts and bolt sitting among them. If we had little resin cast skulls we could pop on top cover them up that would be great. Also there's other areas on the playfield where something could sit on top of a nut to cover it up, like Just someone sell a bag of assorted skulls that fit on top of those standard nuts. Obviously a full kit of assorted roses, bullets, skulls, etc to cover all the bolts and screws on the playfield would be awesome.

Thanks, I just went with the simple single spotlight from comet pinball for now. Tied into 5v that feeds hotrails, so it is always on. I thought about tying it into GI, but thought that might defeat the purpose.

#12540 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Look at the big yellow insert under the right ramp, labeled ‘Detour’. When it’s lit, the diverter will go off.
Civil war is notorious for using the diverter. But once you start recognizing that detour insert, you’ll notice it’s used quite a bit.

Cool. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

#12541 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

About 300 more games after my last posts.. still going strong and no further issues. I didn't replace any posts with the JJP kit either

I want to thank you for your post and fix. I did everything you mentioned,no problems so far .

Thanks again.

#12542 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I want to thank you for your post and fix. I did everything you mentioned,no problems so far .
Thanks again.

That's so good to hear. Glad to help!!!

#12543 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the name of the connector to the board for the hot rails? 3pin what? Cheers

#12544 2 years ago

anybody know where i can order some red leg bolt washers without paying $10 on shipping?

#12545 2 years ago

16 games to choose from here, weekend impromptu pinball party started up, GNR got the most plays by far. It was great seeing them all battle for top score of the day. Really enjoyed seeing my wife take and hold it, she rarely played pinball till GNR arrived. Everyone took at least 5 games on it. The wow factor was achieved. Well over 300 plays now, not a flaw to be seen. Chics dig it, and looked great playing it.

#12546 2 years ago

Just a heads up, saw this posted on the JJP Facebook fans group. The image shows where JJP is taking protective measures at with certain posts. Looks like 11 posts total.

219333463_102675108775076_3235823579160979032_n (resized).jpg219333463_102675108775076_3235823579160979032_n (resized).jpg

#12547 2 years ago

I reached out to JJP support regarding pooling and chipping around the amp/gnr inlane post. I had issues with both pop bumper posts early on. Both came loose and found their way down the playfield. The posts were too short to thread into the t-nuts. I resolved that issue by countersinking the holes so the t-nuts go in further into the back of the playfield. I also had both spotlights replaced under warranty due to failed servos and cracking arms.

Engineering responded to the pooling/chipping issue to go through my distributor. My distributor contacted the same engineer who told my distributor they are not sending out replacement parts for this issue and to buy a kit from Pinball Life or Marco. Not sure why I needed to go through my distributor to get that response. The reponse could have been just sent directly to me without going through my distributor. Any how, I can’t seem to find any kits on either site that are JJP specific or even generic “Washer / Post kits”. Does anyone happen to know what these kits are and possibly a link to one of them?

Thanks!

843B4143-28F4-4266-BE5A-8369B294B6AA (resized).jpeg843B4143-28F4-4266-BE5A-8369B294B6AA (resized).jpeg

#12548 2 years ago

That is absolutely disgracefull corporate behavior and the reason they will never get another cent from me if i can help it.

#12549 2 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Any how, I can’t seem to find any kits on either site that are JJP specific or even generic “Washer / Post kits”. Does anyone happen to know what these kits are and possibly a link to one of them?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Sorry JJP ain’t so great all the time. Luckily, we have a fabulous community to try to help each other out. Try this kit? I ordered stuff separately before I saw they have it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-pinball-post-spacerprotector.html

#12550 2 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I reached out to JJP support regarding pooling and chipping around the amp/gnr inlane post. I had issues with both pop bumper posts early on. Both came loose and found their way down the playfield. The posts were too short to thread into the t-nuts. I resolved that issue by countersinking the holes so the t-nuts go in further into the back of the playfield. I also had both spotlights replaced under warranty due to failed servos and cracking arms.
Engineering responded to the pooling/chipping issue to go through my distributor. My distributor contacted the same engineer who told my distributor they are not sending out replacement parts for this issue and to buy a kit from Pinball Life or Marco. Not sure why I needed to go through my distributor to get that response. The reponse could have been just sent directly to me without going through my distributor. Any how, I can’t seem to find any kits on either site that are JJP specific or even generic “Washer / Post kits”. Does anyone happen to know what these kits are and possibly a link to one of them?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Here's the kit from Pinball Life. It's embarrassing that JJP is not sending these out to customers who paid $10k+ for these games.

https://www.pinballlife.com/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-pinball-post-spacerprotector.html

Update: Just realized link is already posted above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/251 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.