IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 569.
#12401 2 years ago

Well. I give up. What the fuck. How do I update to the new beta? Never had a problem updating via WiFi before. I’ve tried it four times now. Twice with coin door open. Twice with it closed.

376E98A3-1AE9-42FF-82A2-38756747EAFF (resized).jpeg376E98A3-1AE9-42FF-82A2-38756747EAFF (resized).jpegF5BBD06A-7A5E-4399-BF7E-7BECD48E70E0 (resized).jpegF5BBD06A-7A5E-4399-BF7E-7BECD48E70E0 (resized).jpeg
#12402 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well. I give up.

Please try a few more times. ( you do have 1.22 in it ? )

LTG : )

#12403 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please try a few more times. ( you do have 1.22 in it ? )

Yes I have 1.22 in it.

#12404 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well. I give up. What the fuck. How do I update to the new beta? Never had a problem updating via WiFi before. I’ve tried it four times now. Twice with coin door open. Twice with it closed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope that you got it now NightTrain, I was able in the second time,
Tried 1st with door open but appeared "Failed to Verify", then 2nd time with the door closed and it was done after 15-18 minutes(When it was around 80% it was stuck for a few minutes so I just turned On Wizard of OZ and played while waiting )…

Desert Demolition was fine, I was expecting different/better music while racing with the monsters but that’s a good start for that mode I guess……
I was able to score 4 Million, and put my Grandmother’s name in the score(Always honor her and my beloved Father)

Cheers fellas

92E9606A-A7C4-4893-A3BA-FF0AF88F9CF8 (resized).jpeg92E9606A-A7C4-4893-A3BA-FF0AF88F9CF8 (resized).jpeg475A9949-EDFC-4C86-840B-851D48F11D56 (resized).jpeg475A9949-EDFC-4C86-840B-851D48F11D56 (resized).jpeg3B82F2FE-1A45-4BAB-A83C-32620BF1B49F (resized).jpeg3B82F2FE-1A45-4BAB-A83C-32620BF1B49F (resized).jpeg7389B722-C6F1-4E67-826B-DCFB0567A364 (resized).jpeg7389B722-C6F1-4E67-826B-DCFB0567A364 (resized).jpeg

#12405 2 years ago

I got my JJP Neon from CN (bought via ebay); looks great, great colors and was packed like the crown jewels. Nice addition to your game room.

JJP Neon 1 (resized).jpgJJP Neon 1 (resized).jpgJJP Neon 2 (resized).jpgJJP Neon 2 (resized).jpg
#12406 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I got my JJP Neon from CN (bought via ebay); looks great, great colors and was packed like the crown jewels. Nice addition to your game room.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, but I wish they'd do those supports with polycarbonate. The black drives me nuts, and clear polycarbonate would blend a lot better on almost any wall.

#12407 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks great, but I wish they'd do those supports with polycarbonate. The black drives me nuts, and clear polycarbonate would blend a lot better on almost any wall.

The clear might reflect too much light ?

#12408 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I hope that you got it now NightTrain, I was able in the second time,

No I haven't. I've tried four times now. Now sure why it would take even more than one time. I'm not a guy with a lot of free time on my hands. It takes over an hour for this to download, so I can only really try it once a day. I'd rather be playing the game during that hour.

JJP really needs to iron out this wifi updating issue. I bet there are 10-15 pages in this thread about people having issues updating their games. It's a simple wifi software update for crying out loud. This isn't new innovative stuff. This is old technology. The rest of the world has been doing this for years.

#12409 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Haven't played a single game since I unboxed it. Planning install full Cliffy protectors, PETG washers and address all known issues with the game before I hit the start button...The Pinwoofer GT kit sounds fricking amazing, what a difference! Will continue to enjoy jukebox mode for now

Man oh man - just wait until you get into some game play - have fun!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

#12410 2 years ago

added my Undercab and Backbox lights connected with the hotrails

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkAHEzqX5pMugZBDmwr34WdGiO_Z7g

Works great

#12411 2 years ago

Has anyone experienced what seems to be sporadic auto plunge to start the next players ball even with the setting on never? The action button and flipper plunge settings are off as well. Running v 1.22

#12412 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Has anyone experienced what seems to be sporadic auto plunge to start the next players ball even with the setting on never? The action button and flipper plunge settings are off as well. Running v 1.22

You need to go into settings and recalibrate those roll over lane sensors. It happens all the time. Another cute idea from JJP that doesn’t work well. Cool idea. Bad design.

#12413 2 years ago

Yep I am also getting that so annoying as you step away for a sip of beer and it plunges...

#12414 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You need to go into settings and recalibrate those roll over lane sensors. It happens all the time. Another cute idea from JJP that doesn’t work well. Cool idea. Bad design.

Thanks, I’ll do that. All the time???? That can really screw up league play for sure!!

#12415 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Yep I am also getting that so annoying as you step away for a sip of beer and it plunges...

Ya I spilled a beer trying to get it back in the pinbulp in time! Not sure which was worse…. Loosing the ball or loosing a frosty Delicious IPA!

#12416 2 years ago

Yes. Happens every once in awhile. Check your sensor harness under the playfield. See if it’s perfectly nicked like the pic below. You may need a new harness - I’m on my 3rd and suspect it gets nicked when lifting the pf or putting it back.

D7B77DEF-E646-419A-A632-1CDA5707A874 (resized).jpegD7B77DEF-E646-419A-A632-1CDA5707A874 (resized).jpeg
#12417 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. Happens every once in awhile. Check your sensor harness under the playfield. See if it’s perfectly nicked like the pic below. You may need a new harness - I’m on my 3rd and suspect it gets nicked when lifting the pf or putting it back. [quote

Will do!

#12418 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Yes it's incredibly annoying. I remember showing my dad those the first time he played the game and telling them how cool they were. After a few games, it would auto plunge, so I'd go in an recalibrate them like I normally had to. He just looked at me, shook his head, and said "yeah....real cool..."

Lol!

#12419 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

added my Undercab and Backbox lights connected with the hotrails
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkAHEzqX5pMugZBDmwr34WdGiO_Z7g
Works great

Flippin awesome!
Definitely on my to do list
Easy?

#12420 2 years ago

Got shipping notification for a December LE purchase.

#12421 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Got shipping notification for a December LE purchase.

Exciting! Your order must be through a distributor....
Can't wait to get mine!

#12422 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. Happens every once in awhile. Check your sensor harness under the playfield. See if it’s perfectly nicked like the pic below. You may need a new harness - I’m on my 3rd and suspect it gets nicked when lifting the pf or putting it back. [quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up. Will check that area out on my game before I even play it, may put some electrical tape on that side or something.

#12423 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The clear might reflect too much light ?

It could be frosted if that's a problem, or the backside of the tubes could have a black coating sprayed on. Either would be less visually annoying than the black cage that seems to be the standard.

#12424 2 years ago

What is everyone doing to prevent wear around the buttons for the flippers?

#12425 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Flippin awesome!
Definitely on my to do list
Easy?

It's worth the time and Money. Parts are around $80

It's easy and you only Need to solder the Led Stripes and for the Rest y-splitters and some t-clamps.

Took me about 2 hours

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12426 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

What is everyone doing to prevent wear around the buttons for the flippers?

Lexan protctors - cheap and Holding with the Flipper around

#12428 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I might have to get a Melbourne one for the game room
[quoted image]

I have a spare if you're interested

#12429 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for the heads up. Will check that area out on my game before I even play it, may put some electrical tape on that side or something.

It’s quite bizarre, so curious what other owners find. For me, once I noticed the nick in the harness the first time, I figured it came like that from factory. JJP sent me a new one, I replaced it, all was good. Then a couple months later I got a random auto ball launch, and then another, and was like wtf? Sure enough, the new harness had the same exact nick in it, but much more minor. JJP sent me out another new one which I haven’t replaced yet, but may do that this weekend since I got another auto plunge the other night.

#12430 2 years ago

Anyone know what the ‘fog’ insert represents on the mini pf?

#12431 2 years ago

Shooter lane gate issue

Can someone post a picture of the shooter lane gate.... when it auto plunges the ball, the ball passes through the gate and when it travels back hits the flap bounces back up slightly the flap opens and then the ball goes back into the shooter lane. This happens multiple times during a game. To me the ball is hitting the metal and not the blue rubber... is this peel and stick? Can I move it lower on the gate to stop this issue?

#12432 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know what the ‘fog’ insert represents on the mini pf?

Yeah I'd like to know also

#12433 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Shooter lane gate issue
Can someone post a picture of the shooter lane gate.... when it auto plunges the ball, the ball passes through the gate and when it travels back hits the flap bounces back up slightly the flap opens and then the ball goes back into the shooter lane. This happens multiple times during a game. To me the ball is hitting the metal and not the blue rubber... is this peel and stick? Can I move it lower on the gate to stop this issue?

You need to remove gate and add 2 washers to slightly lower it and the issue will be gone. Several have posted this fix in the thread.

#12434 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You need to remove gate and add 2 washers to slightly lower it and the issue will be gone. Several have posted this fix in the thread.

I second this.

#12435 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Shooter lane gate issue

I was having this intermittent issue for months. Tried everything to fix it, eventually replacing both trough boards, which seemed to fix it. However, during my last game it did the same thing one time, which makes me think it could be something else now. I'll definitely be looking at the wiring harness now though, this makes total sense!

What I guess I don't understand is I've been working with Ken from JJP for months trying to troubleshoot this issue and not once has he mentioned the wiring harness being a potential problem. Feels like Pinside is more in the know than the damn manufacturers!

#12436 2 years ago

I had the same shooter lane auto fire issue.
My problem was solved after I opened the metal box in the backbox. I reseated most connectors. I pushed back in it’s port a USB cable. The difference was 1 or 2 mm, but that seemed to fix it.

#12437 2 years ago

Any CE owners installed Pinwoofer kits? Is it needed?

#12438 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Any CE owners installed Pinwoofer kits? Is it needed?

It is a HUGE improvement. Even though you disconnect the soundbar you will never miss it. Great bass increase but the clarity and sharpness the new tweeters bring is the biggest improvement.

#12439 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

It is a HUGE improvement. Even though you disconnect the soundbar you will never miss it. Great bass increase but the clarity and sharpness the new tweeters bring is the biggest improvement.

You can’t leave the sound bar connected?

#12440 2 years ago

Thanks to Pinhead1982 for posting and sharing this alternative post idea.

I have a brand new July build with the updated longer posts + black washers + nylon nuts. Reports of playfield issues on the latest builds have dropped heavily. Would anyone recommend swapping the posts for this one on the latest builds? I assume I could then just get rid of the black washers?

a925d0d4147e1ecadd69a8ff30861e337d2cfc2e (resized).jpga925d0d4147e1ecadd69a8ff30861e337d2cfc2e (resized).jpg

b727cbbcdd85000bdc88b79fcc2efd1913498eb4 (resized).jpgb727cbbcdd85000bdc88b79fcc2efd1913498eb4 (resized).jpg

#12441 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks to Pinhead1982 for posting and sharing this alternative post idea.
I have a brand new July build with the updated longer posts + black washers + nylon nuts. Reports of playfield issues on the latest builds have dropped heavily. Would anyone recommend swapping the posts for this one on the latest builds? I assume I could then just get rid of the black washers?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those better looking posts still pooled on my Wonka and still need washers IMO. You could just use the Pinball Life silicone ones. The replacement posts are better than the factory posts but don’t solve the issues of the really problematic high impact t-nut posts in the pops and upper PF. The replaced posts in the inlanes aren’t really high impact.

#12442 2 years ago

I’ll start off by saying I do not consider myself very good at pinball, especially this game. But today I finally heeded advice from this forum and adjusted my flippers to run perfectly parallel with the guides. It was really only my right flipper that needed the slightest adjustment. Now I am hitting that left ramp on demand. Previously I would brick more ramp shots than I’d make. Now I am making it MUCH more often.

First three games after the adjustment I broke my previous high score each time. All games over 40 million. In my third game I was one mode away from Not in this Lifetime.

I wish I did this sooner. Hopefully everyone that has a hard time scoring takes a look at their flippers. My right flipper is now pointing at the top of of the skeleton knuckle

#12443 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Those better looking posts still pooled on my Wonka and still need washers IMO. You could just use the Pinball Life silicone ones. The replacement posts are better than the factory posts but don’t solve the issues of the really problematic high impact t-nut posts in the pops and upper PF. The replaced posts in the inlanes aren’t really high impact.

Just remove the posts completely if you can mate. No post = no pooling. That is the plan for pur Gunners when we get it.

#12444 2 years ago

I had this exact issue the other day and couldn’t figure out what was causing it. Same thing, reseated that connector and the problem disappeared. I will check it for nicked up wires.

#12445 2 years ago

Left flipper failed mid game ..... after only about 20 plays.... screws or should I stay screw backed out of the coil stop. I'm guessing they forgot to put 2 in because I looked everywhere in the cabinet and could only find 1....but I was able to fix the shoot lane

#12446 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can’t leave the sound bar connected?

You can but it will muddle the sound because you can’t replace the tweeters in the sound bar. I promise you will not miss it. Sound is louder and clearer even without it.

#12447 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm guessing they forgot to put 2 in because I looked everywhere in the cabinet and could only find 1.

There was two. They buy assembled flipper units ( like other manufacturer using the same thing ) and install them. It came loose somewhere along the way. Though you may not find it.

You can find it at ACE Hardware stores as well as others. Allen head 10/32. Check your other one for length.

#12448 2 years ago

Updating code?
Is this door open/closed thing a red herring?
I just unboxed my LE on Friday after being sat a week due to work commitments, connected to WiFi - shut the coin door did the update to latest in a matter of minutes.

I’m not flipping a single ball until I install all my Cliffy’s and a couple of bigger posts.
Been in jukebox mode though..... can’t wait

#12449 2 years ago

I got this after unboxing:-
Think it was due to the Sculpt packing foam putting long term pressure on the gate / switch forcing it up closed:
Fixed by bending the gate down.
Hope this helps anyone else.

239D75D5-443C-4D3B-8463-01A782E315EB (resized).jpeg239D75D5-443C-4D3B-8463-01A782E315EB (resized).jpeg90FD14FD-AE68-44C9-B60C-650B14337DAA (resized).jpeg90FD14FD-AE68-44C9-B60C-650B14337DAA (resized).jpeg
#12450 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Official JJP Guns N’ Roses Inner Art Blades have been announced and can be purchased at flipnoutpinball.com!
Shipping August-Fall
$129 plus shipping
The artwork for these accessory blades are inspired by the Limited Edition package featuring actual concert posters from the ‘Not In This Lifetime’ tour. Each set of blades will ship with a set of inner art blade protectors which can be easily added or removed, preventing any friction/damage from the raising and lowering of the playfield.
[quoted image]

Does anyone have pics of these art blades installed on a LE? Sorry if it's been posted, I scanned but couldn't find a pic! These look awesome though before installation!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/249?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.