IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 569.
#12351 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Question..... did you guys leave the felt on the legs that were on the cabinet or remove them all together

I recall reading in the set up instructions the felt stays on. It’s the cabinet protector for the legs. Mine are on.

#12352 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Our shooter is the same size as the stock one. We had this issue with the stock shooter from jjp on a few gnr games that we sold. We are waiting for respond from jjp about that. My own game came without sleeve. please check if you have the sleeve.

G'day Lor , just wondering how high the topper is , I have low ceilings .

#12353 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not from Detroit nor complaining but I’m baffled how this one wasn’t used anywhere unless I’m missing it ?
[quoted image]

I might have to get a Melbourne one for the game room

IMG_20210714_222357 (resized).jpgIMG_20210714_222357 (resized).jpg
#12354 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Couple of questions for you guys with Cliffys. I received my protector set and plan to install them soon, but the actuating rod carbon fiber protector is missing. I asked Cliffy to send that part as I believe that rod can hit and damage the playfield correct? Would appreciate if someone could explain what adjustments are needed to prevent that rod from making contact with the playfield.
Second, the Lior bullet shooter rod seems too small and is flopping around in the stock shooter housing. Am I missing something or is this a mismatched shooter rod? I can wiggle the shooter left and right and it’s sloppy AF. Might go back to the stock shooter rod if this can’t be resolved.
Any guidance would be appreciated
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As for the actuating rod, it can make playfield contact, I see damage on mine already. I think partially because the washers were missing on the screws holding it in place so they got loose and the rod moved around. Not sure on adjustments, I guess the screws holding it to the playfield.

Shooter rods typically have none of the pieces, those all come from the original. Springs, washers, c ring and sleeve. You must be missing one or more of those pieces.

#12355 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lift playfield up and pull forward and rest on front of game. Remove two screws on rear of apron going through the two metal bars that latch onto the lockdown bar receiver. Push apron forward to release tabs in front.

Not sure which nut you mean. 5/16, 11/32, or 3/8
LTG : )

I mean one of the nuts holding the apron on is so close to the ball trough I can't get a tool on it effectively to loosen it. Wondering if anyone had a trick or technique to manage this.

#12356 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I might have to get a Melbourne one for the game room
[quoted image]

All the lithographs are tricky to find

#12357 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I received my protector set and plan to install them soon, but the actuating rod carbon fiber protector is missing.

Yep , I asked for a full set , and that carbon fibre piece was not included .
I raised this , on this thread and had no response , so you know.....

#12358 2 years ago

Is the game light on Bass? Mine game seems kinda pitchy if that makes sense

#12359 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This might be the #1 best mod by consensus.. dare I say the word mandatory?
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

Depending on your play habits and duration of play, the tbreeze fans are probably 2nd
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-jjp-pin-3-flipper-cooling-kit

#12360 2 years ago

Anyone happen to know how to resolve the “failed to verify update” error? It has happened to me on every version of the beta software update. Can the beta files be downloaded to a USB? I am only seeing the latest released 1.22 available for download to USB. I thought I had read trying the update with the coin door open but that hasn’t worked either.

#12361 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I mean one of the nuts holding the apron on is so close to the ball trough I can't get a tool on it effectively to loosen it.

Could you post a picture please ?

Should only be the two screws on the front, and the metal tabs are on the playfield side that release when you push it forward.

#12362 2 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Anyone happen to know how to resolve the “failed to verify update” error? It has happened to me on every version of the beta software update. Can the beta files be downloaded to a USB? I am only seeing the latest released 1.22 available for download to USB. I thought I had read trying the update with the coin door open but that hasn’t worked either.

You can’t use USB with beta. I kept getting that error and I had the coin door open. It worked for me when I updated with the coin door closed. Maybe it was coincidence.

#12363 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

You can’t use USB with beta. I kept getting that error and I had the coin door open. It worked for me when I updated with the coin door closed. Maybe it was coincidence.

Beta downloads but fails to validate for me, multiple attempts yesterday and I gave up-

#12364 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Beta downloads but fails to validate for me, multiple attempts yesterday and I gave up-

Try from the beginning with the coin door closed.

#12365 2 years ago

I'm think I'm in the same boat here. I tried to update from 1.22 to the beta last night. It failed twice after spending 1-2 hours downloading. I had the coin door open. I'll try with the door closed tonight.

This whole wifi update thing is a real cute idea, but I wish the would release the beta online so we can download and use a USB. I've never once had a problem updating a Stern. These wifi JJP updates on the other hand....they leave a little to the imagination...

#12366 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Add a Polk 10” external sub. It’s the best $110 you can spend. Really improves the sound quality.

The cabinet speaker has a second set of male terminals so just attach the speaker wires to those and then to the speaker level inputs on the sub.

#12367 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Add a Polk 10” external sub. It’s the best $110 you can spend. Really improves the sound quality.
The cabinet speaker has a second set of male terminals so just attach the speaker wires to those and then to the speaker level inputs on the sub.

Having done both, I would suggest going with the pinwoofer if you're comfortable with the install.

#12368 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should only be the two screws on the front, and the metal tabs are on the playfield side that release when you push it forward.

See picture. Blue arrows point to the two screws circled in blue.

Remove them. Lift this side of apron up a little. Slide towards the rear of the machine so the tabs on the other side clear the brackets securing them. Lift apron off.

Reverse the procedure to stick the apron back in.

DSC00542 (resized).JPGDSC00542 (resized).JPG
#12369 2 years ago

So what’s the latest Playfield stamp dates? Are we seeing June/July 2021 stamps yet?

#12370 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Having done both, I would suggest going with the pinwoofer if you're comfortable with the install.

Pinwoofer Super Kit is the first mod I will be installing. I'm ready to crank this game up! Should be having an LE being delivered today.

#12371 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pinwoofer Super Kit is the first mod I will be installing. I'm ready to crank this game up!

Yeah I'm thinking the same

#12372 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See picture. Blue arrows point to the two screws circled in blue.
Remove them. Lift this side of apron up a little. Slide towards the rear of the machine so the tabs on the other side clear the brackets securing them. Lift apron off.
Reverse the procedure to stick the apron back in.
[quoted image]

The front of the apron doesn’t slide under brackets it’s actually bolted through the playfield. One bolt on each side. I just removed mine the other day. I didn’t have the problem removing the nuts like the earlier poster is having. Mine had no clearance issues with the trough.

#12373 2 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

The front of the apron doesn’t slide under brackets is actually bolted through the playfield. One bolt on each side. I just removed mine the other day. I didn’t have the problem removing the nuts like the earlier poster is having. Mine had no clearance issues with the trough.

That's a first, I haven't run into that yet.

Thank you,
Lloyd

#12374 2 years ago

Pinwoofer was so great in this game i bought a second full setup and installed it in Deadpool a couple days ago. Massive, massive difference.

#12375 2 years ago

Hi All.. sorry, where do you get the Beta code for G&RLE?

I’m on 1.21 - game downloads 1.22
But fails to verify.. any suggestions?

Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12377 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All.. sorry, where do you get the Beta code for G&RLE?
I’m on 1.21 - game downloads 1.22
But fails to verify.. any suggestions?
Thanks

You have to go into your settings and allow for beta code.

#12378 2 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

it’s actually bolted through the playfield. One bolt on each side.

Here is pictures. Two locknuts circled in red. 11/32 nut driver works great.

Doot77 Thank you for letting me know !

DSC00543 (resized).JPGDSC00543 (resized).JPGDSC00544 (resized).JPGDSC00544 (resized).JPG
#12379 2 years ago

Thanks for the accolades guys!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pinwoofer Super Kit is the first mod I will be installing. I'm ready to crank this game up! Should be having an LE being delivered today.

GO PanzerFreak !

Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah I'm thinking the same

Add the PinWoofer system and I think you'll agree that GNR is among the best sounding titles ever, if not the best. The install is pretty easy too, and you can view the installation video here:

https://pinwoofer.com/videos/

Please scroll down to "How to Install the PinWoofer GT Jersey Jack Pinball Super Kit".

#12380 2 years ago

What’s peoples
Thoughts- just fitted Cliffy protector on scoop..
The main piece. I put the hole protector from JJP back in..

I didn’t use the small Cliffy that goes on the back.. what are people doing?

#12381 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What’s peoples
Thoughts- just fitted Cliffy protector on scoop..
The main piece. I put the hole protector from JJP back in..
I didn’t use the small Cliffy that goes on the back.. what are people doing?

Double check that the scoop protector does not interfere with the openings of the 2 rods that release the balls from the guitar lock. I had to re-disassemble and remove the scoop protector to trim it with a Dremel.

#12382 2 years ago

Did the 1.22 just come out today ?

#12383 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did the 1.22 just come out today ?

No.

#12385 2 years ago

She just got here! What a heavy damn game, like all JJP games. The Escalera and myself got a workout moving it. Can't tell exact built date yet but the giant shipping box shows July 2021 so that's good.

Huge shout out to Gary from Abel Electronics who not only delivered the game personally but stayed to help me move it into my basement. Awesome distrubtor!

20210715_173227 (resized).jpg20210715_173227 (resized).jpg

#12386 2 years ago

Where's the best flipper setting is...they seem a little weK

#12387 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

She just got here! What a heavy damn game, like all JJP games. The Escalera and myself got a workout moving it. Can't tell exact built date yet but the giant shipping box shows July 2021 so that's good.
Huge shout out to Gary from Abel Electronics who not only delivered the game personally but stayed to help me move it into my basement. Awesome distrubtor!
[quoted image]

Post the PF build date. Curious also if there are any new changes

#12388 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

My bad ,I just seen I downloaded 1.22 yesterday but don’t remember seeing “new” next to it yesterday .

#12389 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Couple of questions for you guys with Cliffys. I received my protector set and plan to install them soon, but the actuating rod carbon fiber protector is missing. I asked Cliffy to send that part as I believe that rod can hit and damage the playfield correct? Would appreciate if someone could explain what adjustments are needed to prevent that rod from making contact with the playfield.
Second, the Lior bullet shooter rod seems too small and is flopping around in the stock shooter housing. Am I missing something or is this a mismatched shooter rod? I can wiggle the shooter left and right and it’s sloppy AF. Might go back to the stock shooter rod if this can’t be resolved.
Any guidance would be appreciated

All that money paid for that mod and you have to steal the sleeve from the original plunger that's not cool. I still love the mod though. It's definitely missing the sleeve. Just look at your original and you will see.

#12390 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Post the PF build date. Curious also if there are any new changes

I will, beer and Door Dash first after moving this beast of a game lol.

#12391 2 years ago

Fitted the Cliffy protector at the scoop- went pretty well, took me about 2 hrs.

Took a break before re connecting the upper playfield wires.. and can’t remember if I unplugged these two from each other.. yellow wires

Actually they are both female so no idea - an little help!?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12392 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Fitted the Cliffy protector at the scoop- went pretty well, took me about 2 hrs.
Took a break before re connecting the upper playfield wires.. and can’t remember if I unplugged these two from each other.. yellow wires
Actually they are both female so no idea - an little help!?[quoted image][quoted image]

There are some extras under there. I would just fire it up and make sure everything works, if you can’t find a place for them to plug in to

#12393 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Where's the best flipper setting is...they seem a little weK

I recommend lowering the flipper alignment to be in line with the guides. There are several posts about it in this thread. It’s just a little bit but the game plays better. I have mine at 6.8 degrees and stock flipper strength

#12394 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Actually they are both female so no idea - an little help!?[quoted image][quoted image]

I know there was at least 1 set of wires that was open not sure on the second i’ll look back in my pics .

#12395 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

this should help

1AFD047D-7773-41D2-8BFA-933738B75E04 (resized).png1AFD047D-7773-41D2-8BFA-933738B75E04 (resized).png
#12396 2 years ago

What about getting headphones setup on the Bluetooth, the game see my Beats but won't connect to them ... what am I doing wrong?

#12397 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

All that money paid for that mod and you have to steal the sleeve from the original plunger that's not cool. I still love the mod though. It's definitely missing the sleeve. Just look at your original and you will see.

Yes, the sleeve from the stock shooter rod is reused...it had fallen into the cabinet when I swapped shooters out. Reinstalled and all good, no more play

#12398 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Again just guessing as I don't have the game in front of me but typically there is (item 5) a shooter sleeve in there. Would have come with the game not the mod.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You were correct Yelobird, the shooter sleeve was sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. Thanks for the help clearing this up and fixing the issue!

#12399 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

You were correct Yelobird, the shooter sleeve was sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. Thanks for the help clearing this up and fixing the issue!

Congrats to you for getting it fixed. Go enjoy that awesome game!

#12400 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats to you for getting it fixed. Go enjoy that awesome game!

Haven't played a single game since I unboxed it. Planning install full Cliffy protectors, PETG washers and address all known issues with the game before I hit the start button. Still lots of work to do, but I know it will be worth all of the preparation! The Pinwoofer GT kit sounds fricking amazing, what a difference! Will continue to enjoy jukebox mode for now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/248?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.