IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,401 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 569.
#12301 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I got a broken attachment to one of my spotlights from my servo. Anyone know where to get a replacement, JjP hasn’t responded in two weeks

If you've got a 3d printer I believe someone in this thread made some you can download and print.

From talking to JJP (I had two breakages), get the latest beta software to prevent future breaks.

#12302 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

If you've got a 3d printer I believe someone in this thread made some you can download and print.
From talking to JJP (I had two breakages), get the latest beta software to prevent future breaks.

I get I can make one but if it’s a known defect on a game weeks old I really shouldn’t have to make my own. They should just say ok and mail one.

#12303 2 years ago

I get I can make one but if it’s a known defect on a game weeks old I really shouldn’t have to make my own. They should just say ok and mail one.

Yeah it sucks. Support response is hit or miss. You could always have your distributor put the pressure on them too.

#12304 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

Now the most disappointing part. My Limor action button broke in half at the bottom of the bottom. Had little tape on the backside. Very disappointed for $ 270 bucks.

I had this very concern as its pretty delicate. The tape on the back of the mod wasn't even close to working. I was worried that if I tried to press too hard the part would break as it wasn't flat. I ended up using some thicker tape it seems to be holding up fine although not ideal as the original tape would have been a nicer look

#12305 2 years ago

I got a broken attachment to one of my spotlights from my servo. Anyone know where to get a replacement, JjP hasn’t responded in two weeks

Perhaps this one?

https://pu-parts.com/jjp-guns-n-roses-spotlight-pu-upgrade-kit

#12306 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Almost broke 80,000,000 finally!!!
Knew it was gonna be great when I got past Slash solo without losing a ball. Also did DD album mode (beta), tour multiball, and had 55,000,000+ on Paradise City I cashed in before end of song. Patch strategy and booster multiball success fueled the madness.

I'm totally with you on the score minus 1 zero....

#12307 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm totally with you on the score minus 1 zero....

That’s also me about 85% of the time! But I’ve shifted my patch strategy a bit to go for ones that do higher scoring for songs.

I also try to get several booster MBs running at once, and while in them, I send balls to the upper playfield and let them drop into the hole to try and get my patches building up even more during those.

Plus getting jackpots on boosters is huge. It helped a lot! I think I had 136 song level for my 55,000,000 Paradise City jackpot.

#12308 2 years ago

I honestly don't know how JJP can get away with this shit, just unreal. Oh wait, no warranty, so I guess I do know.

#12309 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That’s also me about 85% of the time! But I’ve shifted my patch strategy a bit to go for ones that do higher scoring for songs.
I also try to get several booster MBs running at once, and while in them, I send balls to the upper playfield and let them drop into the hole to try and get my patches building up even more during those.
Plus getting jackpots on boosters is huge. It helped a lot! I think I had 136 song level for my 55,000,000 Paradise City jackpot.

What patches are you going for?

#12310 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What are the first things I need to do to make sure my playfield doesn't begin to have issues.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With the latest fixes (just need to verify they are there of course, should be) I don't plan on changing anything.

Agreed. Just double check to make sure you have the latest fixes as Panzer mentioned. If they’re in place I’d leave it all alone.

My May playfield and June build date have those fixes and I don’t have any issues. Over 250 heavy plays now. I haven’t done anything to the game at all other than inspect it every once in awhile and I’ve waxed it 3x now also.

Quoted from tdiddy:

should I swap out the pinball

I haven’t swapped mine yet but after seeing your question I did inspect them yesterday and they seem fine still. Also remember the magnet so certain balls won’t work as good as others if you do swap.

Pics added, sorry I didn’t get all the wax off the black washer on upper playfield post.

0636A2DF-E334-4ECE-B1DA-08079B0184D2 (resized).jpeg0636A2DF-E334-4ECE-B1DA-08079B0184D2 (resized).jpeg152FE212-78FE-43AB-9EFA-B054DE1B78C0 (resized).jpeg152FE212-78FE-43AB-9EFA-B054DE1B78C0 (resized).jpeg60023B62-1B28-4DE0-9809-30CED992AAFF (resized).jpeg60023B62-1B28-4DE0-9809-30CED992AAFF (resized).jpeg96952B33-CEF2-4816-8A93-ED06D6784F57 (resized).jpeg96952B33-CEF2-4816-8A93-ED06D6784F57 (resized).jpegAEA7E967-C9D0-4688-A1FE-08F9A742D89C (resized).jpegAEA7E967-C9D0-4688-A1FE-08F9A742D89C (resized).jpegB201A0E6-9196-4E8D-807A-6880B092E468 (resized).jpegB201A0E6-9196-4E8D-807A-6880B092E468 (resized).jpegE666733B-2570-4154-9845-168F097CF203 (resized).jpegE666733B-2570-4154-9845-168F097CF203 (resized).jpeg
#12311 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

What patches are you going for?

The two newest ones I went for that I think contributed to the song points the most would be Vater and Duff Skull. I also get the Gun, Bra and Panties. And Axl mike fuzzy. Also Marshall, Gibson, Fender, etc.

I avoid patches like the one that boosts Rocket Queen scoring for example, because that’s only going to help me for Rocket Queen.

#12312 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I honestly don't know how JJP can get away with this shit, just unreal.

This has not been my experience with JJP at all. Maybe it’s all in how people conduct themselves when they inquire with JJP. Or maybe they flame JJP publicly before giving them a chance.

#12313 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This has not been my experience with JJP at all. Maybe it’s all in how people conduct themselves when they inquire with JJP. Or maybe they flame JJP publicly before giving them a chance.

I have had a great experience with JJP getting parts and information on my used games, and info on games I was thinking of purchasing. I haven't had any NIB warranty claims, so I can't speak to that, but based on the post kits going out as noted in this thread I think they're doing what they can to make things right for new games.

#12314 2 years ago

Any issues with downloading / running the new beta code? Bugs?

#12315 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Any issues with downloading / running the new beta code? Bugs?

Not a single issue so far with any of that on my end. Enjoying it. Desert Demolition got some code for this recent Beta release and it’s fun and done well.

#12316 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Not a single issue so far with any of that on my end. Enjoying it. Desert Demolition got some code for this recent Beta release and it’s fun and done well.

Awesome. Thanks!

#12317 2 years ago

There is a post here you can try searching for that has the 3D print file. You just need to find someone with a printer.

When mine broke I used jb weld to glue it back together and it has held up. I would paint the jb weld lightly on the other linkage if it was me as it definitely strengthens it

#12318 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

There is a post here you can try searching for that has the 3D print file.

Try this maybe

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=GNR+JJP&type=things&sort=relevant

#12319 2 years ago

JjP hasn’t responded in two weeks

Please call Nate there.

LTG : )

#12320 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

My experiences in the past have also been good, but lately is seems people are having issues getting parts.

#12321 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

There is a post here you can try searching for that has the 3D print file. You just need to find someone with a printer.

Click on Topic Index at the top of any page in this thread and sort by keypost summary. The post with the link is listed under TECH:Lighting.

#12322 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

people are having issues getting parts

Agreed, but with supply chain issues, lack of people wanting to return to work, shipping delays, and the backlog of games still needing to go to customers I think it’s reasonable to expect some parts supply delays. Sending post kits might be on hiatus so they can save remaining inventory to finish builds, for example.

#12323 2 years ago

The pinball gods heard my plea!
12.29.20 - Down Deposit Placed
07.14.21 - Email received from Pin-star about submitting final payment!

Now this is where patience REALLY comes in to play!

#12324 2 years ago

NIB yesterday and this happens;

20210714_214752 (resized).jpg20210714_214752 (resized).jpg

I am asking the distributor for a replacement, any idea it it can be fixed?

Also can I disconnect it so I can at least play the game?

#12325 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

[quoted image]

That took “Throw The Lights” Multiball to a whole different level

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12326 2 years ago

Yes.

any idea it it can be fixed?

A couple screws and 2 or 3 connectors and it lifts out. Screws on side drop the spotlight. Replace servo motor. Reassemble. 5 to 10 minutes.

Pretty easy.

#12327 2 years ago

any idea it it can be fixed?

Hard to tell from your picture if servo gear is okay or spotlight housing is screwed. Either one not a hard fix.

#12328 2 years ago

[quoted image]
I am asking the distributor for a replacement, any idea it it can be fixed?

Pull that white shit off and try either a new piece of heat shrink or even some white thread plumbers tape. Just a small amount and push the assembley back in. Hopefully that holds while you wait for a replacement.

Assuming of course the servo is still good.

First thing I would do though is start the game and shut it off. That will center the servo. Or you can do this through calibration in settings. Then make sure the spotlight is in the neutral position before you reassemble.

#12329 2 years ago

What’s the latest software?
My game is running 1.21..

#12330 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hopefully that holds while you wait for a replacement.

A screw holds it to the gear. Not sure your idea will work.

#12331 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What’s the latest software?
My game is running 1.21..

Connect to wifi and you will be able to download 1.22
or you can download the new beta code

#12332 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A screw holds it to the gear. Not sure your idea will work.

Yeah you’re right. I forgot about the screw

#12334 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Proud parents.

#12335 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

I'm glad I'm not the only nerd to wear a GnR shirt to pick up my GnR. Enjoy!

#12336 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Awesome! Congrats on the new pin.

#12337 2 years ago

Trying to install cliffys, anyone got a hint how to get the apron off? One nut is tight to the ball trough, my wrench is too wide. And it looks like the trough won't come off without taking the apron off first. And what size is that nut anyway? 9mm works ok but I can't imagine thats the right size. Sockets seem too wide as well.

#12338 2 years ago

Also there is a service bulletin for the LE. Left ramp diverter plate is missing a washer and lock washer on some machines and screws may loosen and plate may fall off. Mine is missing these. Had to tighten screws for now until I get some.

#12339 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

anyone got a hint how to get the apron off?

Lift playfield up and pull forward and rest on front of game. Remove two screws on rear of apron going through the two metal bars that latch onto the lockdown bar receiver. Push apron forward to release tabs in front.

Quoted from glpinball:

One nut is tight to the ball trough,

Not sure which nut you mean. 5/16, 11/32, or 3/8

#12340 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Proud parents.

Quoted from Shredso:

I'm glad I'm not the only nerd to wear a GnR shirt to pick up my GnR. Enjoy!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome! Congrats on the new pin.

Thanks everyone

#12341 2 years ago

Question..... did you guys leave the felt on the legs that were on the cabinet or remove them all together

#12342 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Question..... did you guys leave the felt on the legs that were on the cabinet or remove them all together

I left the felt on.

#12343 2 years ago

1375 arrived yesterday.

7ED4C7DD-94E2-468C-938F-B35A4651E175 (resized).jpeg7ED4C7DD-94E2-468C-938F-B35A4651E175 (resized).jpeg
#12344 2 years ago

Couple of questions for you guys with Cliffys. I received my protector set and plan to install them soon, but the actuating rod carbon fiber protector is missing. I asked Cliffy to send that part as I believe that rod can hit and damage the playfield correct? Would appreciate if someone could explain what adjustments are needed to prevent that rod from making contact with the playfield.

Second, the Lior bullet shooter rod seems too small and is flopping around in the stock shooter housing. Am I missing something or is this a mismatched shooter rod? I can wiggle the shooter left and right and it’s sloppy AF. Might go back to the stock shooter rod if this can’t be resolved.

Any guidance would be appreciated

13BEE9D4-684C-471A-96D3-0BBBA8769096 (resized).jpeg13BEE9D4-684C-471A-96D3-0BBBA8769096 (resized).jpeg6F61AF33-1D0F-4E60-B5DE-17926BBDCB83 (resized).jpeg6F61AF33-1D0F-4E60-B5DE-17926BBDCB83 (resized).jpeg8BC6DBD0-A5A9-47A7-8491-4F4B3B06FB47 (resized).jpeg8BC6DBD0-A5A9-47A7-8491-4F4B3B06FB47 (resized).jpeg
#12345 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Couple of questions for you guys with Cliffys. I received my protector set and plan to install them soon, but the actuating rod carbon fiber protector is missing. I asked Cliffy to send that part as I believe that rod can hit and damage the playfield correct? Would appreciate if someone could explain what adjustments are needed to prevent that rod from making contact with the playfield.
Second, the Lior bullet shooter rod seems too small and is flopping around in the stock shooter housing. Am I missing something or is this a mismatched shooter rod? I can wiggle the shooter left and right and it’s sloppy AF. Might go back to the stock shooter rod if this can’t be resolved.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like your missing the sleeve that goes in first?

#12346 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like your missing the sleeve that goes in first?

That would be an easy fix, but I don’t recall receiving any sleeves with the Lior mods. If someone can compare their Lior bullet shooter rod with mine and check for sideways movement/slop with the shooter, I’d appreciate it

#12347 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That would be an easy fix, but I don’t recall receiving any sleeves with the Lior mods. If someone can compare their Lior bullet shooter rod with mine and check for sideways movement/slop with the shooter, I’d appreciate it

hmmmm mine also did not have a sleeve and is flopping about. Might have to ask about that.

#12348 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Again just guessing as I don't have the game in front of me but typically there is (item 5) a shooter sleeve in there. Would have come with the game not the mod.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.04.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.04.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.05.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.05.04 AM (resized).png

#12349 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Again just guessing as I don't have the game in front of me but typically there is (item 5) a shooter sleeve in there. Would have come with the game not the mod.
[quoted image][quoted image]

there is a sleeve in mine from JJP factory but it has a bit more wiggle room than stock shooter rod but not a shocking lot. I should be fine as is.

#12350 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Our shooter is the same size as the stock one. We had this issue with the stock shooter from jjp on a few gnr games that we sold. We are waiting for respond from jjp about that. My own game came without sleeve. please check if you have the sleeve.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,401 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.