image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,388 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 568.
#12051 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok interesting. I never knew Disty only gets 10 percent of orders allocated. How often? Do you know is it weekly? Monthly? What if they only have 2 orders did they get it 2 tenths at a time in pieces until they can build one? Lol

I made up that 10% number. I donā€™t know what the percent is. But itā€™s supposedly the same for all distributors. And itā€™s allocated when games ship to them. They all ship in batches. Itā€™s cheaper that way. And yeah the math would get funky if they get less than a game.

#12052 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wish the song patience could be permanently unlocked if you beat the song or hit certain objectives. I like that itā€™s available as a patch at least, but would prefer it be like getting to end of the line on Metallica, and permanently opening it up. Just a thought.

Check in the settings. I saw that song listed in there and thought you could change the way it was you locked.

#12053 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Check in the settings. I saw that song listed in there and thought you could change the way it was you locked.

I just checked. In game settings under patches you can change how many gnr lane completions until patience is unlocked. Default is zero

#12054 2 years ago

My buddy and I both ordered two LE in Oct .

Shipping Friday .

#12055 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

My buddy and I both ordered two LE in Oct .
Shipping Friday .

Great news!! Do you remember what day in October you ordered them?

#12056 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Thanks. Canā€™t remember the exact date.

#12057 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Itā€™s cheaper that way. And yeah the math would get funky if they get less than a game.

Man I agree.with you except the cheaper part. All games I have bought NIB have been directly shipped by the mfr, including JJP, so I don't see this being any savings unless you are talking about exports

#12058 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Pinwoofer has a base tune you set it at. For me it seems to be quite satisfactory at the setting they recommend. Along with the base line for the amp settings. They also have you adjust several of the sound setting in the machine for a much better balanced of all the sounds from music mode to call outs and the regular sound effects. Everyone's sounds taste are different which is what is so nice about this set up. You have the gain controls as well as bass, mid and treble. I set my machine in jukebox mode and played around with the settings while it was at a pretty high volume and i ended up back where Pinwoofer found the best settings. The GNR pinwoofer kit also replaces the tweeters in the back box. The ones from JJP are quite inferior. Unfortunately for the CE owners. JJP used the same inferior tweeters in the sound bar which renders the sound bar useless when upgrading the sound system. The sound bar is a sealed unit and the tweeters are not accessible to upgrade. Pinwoofer found that if the soundbar is left in the sound stream after the system upgrade. It pollutes the sound qulity dragging down the sound quality. The sound bar just becomes a silent topper.

Beg to differ, I added a powered sub and this preamp to my CE and it sounds quite excellent. Though I agree the stock sound was pretty lacking until I added both. And Iā€™m very picky about audio. So I would argue that the tweeters (at least the ones in the soundbar) can sound good with the right preamplification and equalization. I posted this in the CE forum.

Nobsound NS-10P Mini Vacuum Tube Preamp Audio Hi-Fi Stereo Pre-Amplifier Treble & Bass Control https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07719G56B

If the same tweeters are indeed in the backbox and the CE soundbar (I have not confirmed this personally) then maybe this preamp would also work well on the LE/SE.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I think PinWoofer is a great idea, Iā€™m just showing that good quality sound can be had with the stock CE speakers as well.

#12059 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

My buddy says it was mid Oct.
We each ordered one not two a piece ..
Been following this club for awhile . Looking forward to delivery.

#12060 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

My buddy says it was mid Oct.
We each ordered one not two a piece ..
Been following this club for awhile . Looking forward to delivery.

Disty or direct?

#12061 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Disty or direct?

Shipping paperwork says right from JJP factory to a Fed Ex terminal.

Ordered through a distributor...

#12062 2 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

New beta posted with completed Desert Demolition mode. Canā€™t wait to try it out!

Dang I'm getting the screen. Hope it's just temporary. Will try again tomorrow.

16257075945893661607778875875419 (resized).jpg16257075945893661607778875875419 (resized).jpg
#12063 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Shipping paperwork says right from JJP factory to a Fed Ex terminal.
Ordered through a distributor...

See that's interesting since JJP direct orders are also shipping from October order time frame. So at least with your disty it looks like ordering through them only benefited them. Does it drop from FedEx to your door or theirs?

General question to everyone here:
What is the value proposition of the disty anyway?
Do they come out the day of delivery and set it up?

#12064 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

[quoted image]

Looks like definitely server issue.

#12065 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

In the past for me, when I had a problem (this was JJP POTC btw with the monitor), I reached out to FlipNOut and they handled it quickly. Submitted a ticket and I got a replacement fast.

Now the value prop itself is opionated, but with the issues reported lately, I am very happy to use a distro. Surely in that case, I am not the only one to have that experience IF I have an issue that is outside of an adjustment or minor issue. Just my 2 cents.

#12066 2 years ago

guys with shakers, yay or nay?

#12067 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Hell yes

#12068 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

[quoted image]

I had the exact same problem. Downloaded it twice, but it wouldnā€™t install either time. I hope they fix it ASAP.

#12069 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

See that's interesting since JJP direct orders are also shipping from October order time frame. So at least with your disty it looks like ordering through them only benefited them. Does it drop from FedEx to your door or theirs?

I have to pick it up from the fed ex terminal.

Purchase price was free shipping to nearest terminal.

#12070 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Yeah totally agree. I have zero clue how the distribution works from any mfr to distributors...add a pandemic and major shortages across the board and that is even more delays.

This is what I am wondering really. If it is a "each distributor gets X %, but at least one game". Either way it doesn't matter. I already placed my order and still waiting. Maybe I get it in July, maybe not.

Not sure if the size of the distributor or location really maters. I ordered my LE from one of the largest distributors in the western half of the states on October 7th. I didn't get it till 3 weeks ago. Has a May 21st build date. A lot of people that ordered machines weeks if not a month or two after me got then way before I did so it doesn't even seem to mater if your only a day or two out from launch or placed a order two month after launch. Certainly isn't following any priority of whose order was in earlier or not. Seem everyone is getting them at random. Like many others have said. I am so thankful didn't get a earlier production model.

#12071 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have to pick it up from the fed ex terminal.
Purchase price was free shipping to nearest terminal.

Yikes. Ok hopefully when I get "the call" from JJP they have freight to my door option when they quote shipping... Or maybe this is something new I didn't realize and it's expected to go to the terminal to get it??

#12072 2 years ago

JJP pulled the new beta update, FYI. Unexpected issue for a user in the open beta group. They are looking into it.

#12073 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Not sure if the size of the distributor or location really maters. I ordered my LE from one of the largest distributors in the western half of the states on October 7th. I didn't get it till 3 weeks ago. Has a May 21st build date. A lot of people that ordered machines weeks if not a month or two after me got then way before I did so it doesn't even seem to mater if your only a day or two out from launch or placed a order two month after launch. Certainly isn't following any priority of whose order was in earlier or not. Seem everyone is getting them at random. Like many others have said. I am so thankful didn't get a earlier production model.

You fit the profile of biggest disty, most orders, longest line theory. Small disty, shorter line. They missing info is how jjp handles allocation qty and how often.

Edit. Are you saying that people that ordered games after you from the same distributor got them earlier than you did?

#12074 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Must have IMO.

#12075 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Definitely think the shaker adds to the game although I wish there was a setting in between low and medium as the medium setting shakes the machine like crazy. I am not brave enough to try the high setting, I'm afraid it might break the glass lol.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12076 2 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Definitely think the shaker adds to the game although I wish there was a setting in between low and medium as the medium setting shakes the machine like crazy. I am not brave enough to try the high setting, I'm afraid it might break the glass lol.

I think itā€™s a must have. If someone isnā€™t engaged in the game the shaker adds a certain level of engagement and is integrated fairly well on this game and lets the player know that they need to pay attention or something is happening.

#12077 2 years ago

Edit: Appologies - will take it up in the PF issue threads.

#12078 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You fit the profile of biggest disty, most orders, longest line theory. Small disty, shorter line. They missing info is how jjp handles allocation qty and how often.
Edit. Are you saying that people that ordered games after you from the same distributor got them earlier than you did?

Oh how nice, the sharpest tool in the shed has arrived! Unfortunately I wasn't detailed enough for the ones with a 4th grade education. "Disty, most orders, longest line theory" WHAT THE ACTUAL FU%K is That?

I am not referencing any one particular distributor. I would suggest going back and reading all 241 pages of this thread and you might have a better understanding of what I am getting at. If you have read it. Read it again and again till you can retain the information! For while a lot of discussion was which distributors get stock first. Who should I order from and so on. Being a NEWBE on here you wouldn't understand.

No one really knows who gets what from JJP or when JJP ship out orders to distributors. Ask any distributor. They will tell you how in the dark they were and still are on when order were shipped and how many units per shipment. Why do you think so many are still bitching and complaining about when they placed their order and still waiting. Oh wait, guess you missed that discussion too. Doesn't mater the size or volume of the dealer. I went with my local dealer which is one of the largest distributors. Just because a distributor is a large high volume dealer doesn't have any bearing on who gets what when. My point in my post was people in this thread months ago were receiving orders they placed many weeks after mine."DIFFERENT DISTRIBUTORS" OMG can't leave that critical bit of info out. Sharp tool will loose it again! These other orders just had a distributor that were receiving orders quicker and most likely didn't have as long of a waiting list to work through as my distributor did. My original delivery time was around Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then January then the distributor said spring. Sure you don't have to dig to far to find MANY others that were contently updated with delays from the distributor. The distributor had very little information from JJP for the delays and when next shipments were coming. Again, read back into this thread read about guys pissing and moaning about distributors not having any updates or info. Lots of guys turned to this thread in hopes to figure out production dates, production runs and time lines. Lots of speculation comments, but JJP kept things pretty quiet which infuriated many at times. So back to your "THEORY" point. No theory. All pretty damn accurate on how my order went as well as hundreds of others that can vouch for a similar experience. Lack of information the distributor passed on to me which was very little most of the time cause JJP wouldn't talk much about any specifics or details. This situation effected ALL distributors big and small. Next time I will be more specific for the educationally challenged. I could bring in COVID, but that would just overload what few normal functioning brain cells are left. Yes Covid did play a big roll in delays and production runs. Not therory. Its FACT.

#12079 2 years ago

You're up early.

#12080 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Oh how nice, the sharpest tool in the shed has arrived! Unfortunately I wasn't detailed enough for the ones with a 4th grade education. "Disty, most orders, longest line theory" WHAT THE ACTUAL FU%K is That?
I am not referencing any one particular distributor. I would suggest going back and reading all 241 pages of this thread and you might have a better understanding of what I am getting at. If you have read it. Read it again and again till you can retain the information! For while a lot of discussion was which distributors get stock first. Who should I order from and so on. Being a NEWBE on here you wouldn't understand.
No one really knows who gets what from JJP or when JJP ship out orders to distributors. Ask any distributor. They will tell you how in the dark they were and still are on when order were shipped and how many units per shipment. Why do you think so many are still bitching and complaining about when they placed their order and still waiting. Oh wait, guess you missed that discussion too. Doesn't mater the size or volume of the dealer. I went with my local dealer which is one of the largest distributors. Just because a distributor is a large high volume dealer doesn't have any bearing on who gets what when. My point in my post was people in this thread months ago were receiving orders they placed many weeks after mine."DIFFERENT DISTRIBUTORS" OMG can't leave that critical bit of info out. Sharp tool will loose it again! These other orders just had a distributor that were receiving orders quicker and most likely didn't have as long of a waiting list to work through as my distributor did. My original delivery time was around Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then January then the distributor said spring. Sure you don't have to dig to far to find MANY others that were contently updated with delays from the distributor. The distributor had very little information from JJP for the delays and when next shipments were coming. Again, read back into this thread read about guys pissing and moaning about distributors not having any updates or info. Lots of guys turned to this thread in hopes to figure out production dates, production runs and time lines. Lots of speculation comments, but JJP kept things pretty quiet which infuriated many at times. So back to your "THEORY" point. No theory. All pretty damn accurate on how my order went as well as hundreds of others that can vouch for a similar experience. Lack of information the distributor passed on to me which was very little most of the time cause JJP wouldn't talk much about any specifics or details. This situation effected ALL distributors big and small. Next time I will be more specific for the educationally challenged. I could bring in COVID, but that would just overload what few normal functioning brain cells are left. Yes Covid did play a big roll in delays and production runs. Not therory. Its FACT.

Geeze man. Go find Jesus or something

#12081 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

You're the newbie around here mate , and your not gonna make any friends talking to people like that .

#12082 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The disty I use will deliver it for free and set it up. Always a bonus when you have stairs to haul it down! Also, they have techs on staff that will come out and fix a warranty machine, as well as communicate with the manufacturer when you have other issues. I will always do NIB from my distributor.

#12083 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

JJP pulled the new beta update, FYI. Unexpected issue for a user in the open beta group. They are looking into it.

Bummer but it's good they are correcting the issue.

Just curious, does the latest beta expand on existing game modes and or completes the unfinished ones?

#12084 2 years ago

I really want to pull the trigger on an LE but what are my odds of getting a pin with an Fā€™d up playfield?

#12085 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Bummer but it's good they are correcting the issue.
Just curious, does the latest beta expand on existing game modes and or completes the unfinished ones?

Someone said JJP finished desert demolition in the latest beta.

#12086 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Someone said JJP finished desert demolition in the latest beta.

Awesome, good to hear! Thank you.

Quoted from Enchantress:

I really want to pull the trigger on an LE but what are my odds of getting a pin with an Fā€™d up playfield?

I'm going to say lower then it's ever been assuming you get a game with the latest fixes with those being longer posts in problem areas + black plastic washers + nylon nuts installed from the factory.

I've delayed my order a couple times due to playfield issues but I'm moving forward at this time. My LE is being shipped on Friday.

#12087 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Yes, but I will say that JJP's implementation in GnR isn't the best I've experienced. Seems weak to me, but I haven't tweaked it.

#12088 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Nobsound NS-10P Mini Vacuum Tube Preamp Audio Hi-Fi Stereo Pre-Amplifier Treble & Bass Control amazon.com link Ā»
If the same tweeters are indeed in the backbox and the CE soundbar (I have not confirmed this personally) then maybe this preamp would also work well on the LE/SE.

I happen to have one of these for my vinyl setup that I can test on an LE. Did you outline where to hook it into the system? (I will also try and check your CE Posting, thank you!)

#12089 2 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Yes, but I will say that JJP's implementation in GnR isn't the best I've experienced. Seems weak to me, but I haven't tweaked it.

I stopped adding shakers because I thought they sometimes shake the game too violently. This is the reason I didn't add to Jurassic Park because I read they were causing screws to fall out. When I play GnR and feel the shaker it feels great, I think it is a really good implementation of the shaker.

#12090 2 years ago

New beta is back up as of a bit ago and yes, Desert Demolition is in the game now

#12091 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wish the song patience could be permanently unlocked if you beat the song or hit certain objectives. I like that itā€™s available as a patch at least, but would prefer it be like getting to end of the line on Metallica, and permanently opening it up. Just a thought.

I was wondering that as well. I know Patience is tied to a patch and must be unlocked in order to be played. So does the song need to be unlocked each game? Or, once unlocked, is it available for each subsequent play? Based on the post above, there's no way to permanently unlock it......which sucks!

#12092 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

New beta is back up as of a bit ago and yes, Desert Demolition is in the game now

Hell yes! Thanks for noting it. Going to download now.

#12093 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yikes. Ok hopefully when I get "the call" from JJP they have freight to my door option when they quote shipping... Or maybe this is something new I didn't realize and it's expected to go to the terminal to get it??

It was part of the deal when I placed the order so no surprise.

All my new sterns were delivered right to my house .

#12094 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

These days seems like it's dwindled... Maybe 1 in 5000. Just a swag.
JJP is implementing changes as we've seen from latest games shipped plus There's nib key post in tech section of this topic of steps documented by fooflighter which has worked for him and he's well over 1000 plays after implementing them.

Or

Plenty of gently used ones. Almost no warranty on new anyway so seems like a worthwhile option if you want to see before you buy. Even on those, the steps in the key post mentioned above should be considered and implemented if not done already.

#12095 2 years ago

I've been away from the thread for a bit to follow the Spooky reveals. Did I read correctly that JJP has now stopped adding the black washers and longer posts to new machines? And they further limited the scope of their warranty?

I previously applauded them for taking steps to protect their customers, but now this feels like they're getting into sleazy territory. Even if they ran out of parts, the prudent thing to do would be to fix your supply chain and wait for the parts to build the machine right.

GnR still looks awesome, but I'm liking JJP less and less.

#12096 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Anyone on the fence for the Pinwoofer kit for the GNR should pull the trigger. Anyone else install this kit? Whats your thoughts? 1st mode done on my LE. No regrets here. Worth every penny IMO. Like that I have booming base without a external sub sitting under the machine. Super easy to install following the YouTube video for installation. Now you can truly FEEL the sound like a title like this should have been out of the box. JJP fell short on the sound system. Pinwoofer addressed that problem quite well. Instruction have you installing the amp in place of the coin box. I chose to keep the coin box in place and mounted it next to the subwoofer. In my opinion its still easy to reach in through the coin door to make adjustments and pop it out of the holder to pull it outside the machine to adjust. The coil of wires next to the speaker is so the amp can be pulled out the coin door while hooked up. For those of you that don't know.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's great to hear! Your game looks awesome. I have a Pinwoofer Super kit ready to go for my GNR LE once it gets here. I installed a Pinwoofer Super kit on a TMNT Premium and it sounds so much better.

#12097 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Hell yes! Thanks for noting it. Going to download now.

Is the beta open to anyone?

#12099 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

. Did I read correctly that JJP has now stopped adding the black washers and longer posts to new machines? And they further limited the scope of their warranty?

There's nothing to indicate that they have stopped adding washers and posts improvements. Latest shipments have shown these modification. What you may be referring to is a post of one request made to support for a may build that did not have these changes and they replied to this person due to supply chain issues they can't send parts and go source from Marco or pinball life.
As for the limited warranty, the may GNR manual is very limited compared to nov2020 version last year.

November
JJPā€™s Limited 90 Day Bumper to Post Warranty

What is covered on the game?
Our Bumper to Postā€œ Limited Warrantyā€ covers every part in your new Jersey Jack Pinball Machine for 90 days from the date of purchase written on your invoice. The LCD monitor will be covered for 1 year from the date of purchase written on your invoice.

What is not covered? Tax, labor, service calls, loss of income, negligence, misuse, abuse, alteration, modification, rust, warping, damage caused by electrical surge, intrusion of any liquid, fire, theft, acts of God,
improper repair, installation, testing and improper electrical connections, damaged caused by converting game from one region to another.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Nov2020.pdf

May 2021

What is covered on the game?
Our Limited Warranty covers only the items listed below (ā€œCovered Partsā€) from the date the machine is shipped to JJPā€™s authorized distributors
(or directly to the original owner), for the period of time indicated (the ā€œWarranty Periodā€):
1. Printed circuit boards (game logic). Warranty Period ā€“ Sixty (60) Days.
2. LCD monitor. Warranty Period - Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

What is not covered on the game?
JJPā€™s Limited Warranty does not cover anything other than the Covered Parts during the Warranty Period. JJPā€™s Limited Warranty also does
not cover claims for Covered Parts arising from misuse, abuse, alteration or modification, rust, warping, damage caused by electrical surge, intrusion of any liquid, fire, theft, acts
of God, improper repair, installation, testing and improper electrical connections, or damage caused by converting game from one region to another.

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

#12100 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I was wondering that as well. I know Patience is tied to a patch and must be unlocked in order to be played. So does the song need to be unlocked each game? Or, once unlocked, is it available for each subsequent play? Based on the post above, there's no way to permanently unlock it......which sucks!

In game settings it looks like you could unlock patience after x number of gnr lane completions. So theoretically you could unlock the song after one patch collection of something other than the Lies Album

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,388 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/242?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.