IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 567.
#12001 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

did anybody ever make a video to install those pinmonk cooling fans?

Check YouTube :

LTG : )

#12002 2 years ago

thanks again ltg for your pinball wisdom!!!!!!!

#12003 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

did anybody ever make a video to install those pinmonk cooling fans? i did not install mine yet

The Install instructions that Vic included are very easy to follow.
Super easy install… think it took 20 min and I took my time. Great mod that is needed if you trap a lot or play for more than 30 min at a time.

#12004 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

did anybody ever make a video to install those pinmonk cooling fans? i did not install mine yet

Quoted from LTG:

Check YouTube :

LTG : )

Never seen that power supply fan...

thought he was talking about the "fans" plural... the Tibetan Breeze JJP Guns n Roses 3-Flipper Cooling Kit that dug is also referring to which include instructions with pics in the box, and are simple as mentioned... I haven't seen a video on it, probably for good reason. Not needed.
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-jjp-pin-3-flipper-cooling-kit

#12005 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

There's no video I'm aware of, but the printed instructions are very step by step, so you should be fine. I've literally only had two people need a clarification of one step.

#12006 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's no video I'm aware of, but the printed instructions are very step by step, so you should be fine. I've literally only had two people need a clarification of one step.

I tend to overanalyze things a bit, so unless that works in my favor, just a heads up that I will probably be people #3 once my game arrives.

#12007 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

i will just take it slow step by step...

#12008 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Yes it's the clear part. Is it all one sticker?

It’s all one sticker. As mentioned, you can get/buy additional ones from JJP, at least you could in the past. There’s also a prior post on here about how to best remove and apply new one (search posts about the record slipping because sometimes you need to remove the sticker to access the central screw to fix this problem).

#12009 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

My May LE build does not have the washers or longer posts.
When I created a ticket with JJP to get them, this was their response:
Do to supply issues we are unable to send out washers or longer posts.
JJP does not recommend altering your playfield.
If you feel you need to add these items,
Pinball Life and Marco Specialties have the information and can get you what you need.

That’s disappointing. I was a JJP fan but not only will they not acknowledge or fix the playfield issue, but they also won’t go to the trouble to send affected customers a few bucks worth of a band-aid?

#12010 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Resolution's not the same, and the aspect ratio is off by a few percent. IF there's a "stretch" adjustment in the menu, it MAY work, but not a sure thing.

Within that link there is a 7 inch version with 800x480 resolution. Is that not what is required?

#12011 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Within that link there is a 7 inch version with 800x480 resolution. Is that not what is required?

Ah, sorry, I didn't click through. I was just going off the product link title.

Someone's complaining about a poor viewing angle, so that's probably a TN panel you DO NOT want. Try to get an IPS or PVA for better off-angle viewing.

#12012 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Success! An LCD on the apron is incredible! I see so much more information now without having to look way up at the back corner - how many shots remaining for band members, shots remaining for song mb objectives, number of switch hits left during ignite the flames, etc, etc.
I have a few details to work out still - the oem PF LCD does NOT work with an HDMI splitter (at least not the splitters I’ve tried), so I haven’t been able to run them both at the same time. The aftermarket LCD works fine with the splitter though - I have another LCD coming that I plan to swap out with the oem LCD in order to run both.
The current LCDs I’m working with are TN panels - it would be nice to find cheap IPS panels that would offer better viewing angles. The TN panel is fine on the apron, but not sure how it will be on the PF.
A couple of pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any chance you would be able to take some pics of the install and links to the parts you used? I think this came out great

Someone a while back said they used a dvi to hdmi adapted. Not sure if the dvi video out was on the playfield monitor or somewhere on the board.

#12013 2 years ago

Man this pin is exhausting when you get a couple good ones back to back .

#12014 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Man this pin is exhausting when you get a couple good ones back to back .

No doubt! I break a sweat!

#12015 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Any chance you would be able to take some pics of the install and links to the parts you used? I think this came out great
Someone a while back said they used a dvi to hdmi adapted. Not sure if the dvi video out was on the playfield monitor or somewhere on the board.

I'm waiting when Damonator gets both apron and playfield LCD to work simultaneously .. then I'm in.

#12016 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm waiting when Damonator gets both apron and playfield LCD to work simultaneously .. then I'm in.

There was guy that had a larger monitor being used as topper that duplicated the playfield monitor. He had no issues running both so it’s doable. I think I found the 7” lcd damonator was using. Ships from China

#12017 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Resolution's not the same, and the aspect ratio is off by a few percent. IF there's a "stretch" adjustment in the menu, it MAY work, but not a sure thing.

So I have been experimenting in parallel with damonator. I got my replacement 7in lcd today, but still had issues getting both to boot up when the machine is power up. I can get 1 to work, and trick it by plugging in second monitor after boot, but so far no luck with both hooked up when powering on. I assume it's a hdcp issue, and will continue trying things.

20210706_142720 (resized).jpg20210706_142720 (resized).jpg
#12018 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

1.21 up to 1.22 should work on wifi but if it isn't, then do the delta update via USB.

Many thanks

#12019 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

So I have been experimenting in parallel with damonator. I got my replacement 7in lcd today, but still had issues getting both to boot up when the machine is power up. I can get 1 to work, and trick it by plugging in second monitor after boot, but so far no luck with both hooked up when powering on. I assume it's a hdcp issue, and will continue trying things. [quoted image]

I saw that monitor but looks like hiding the wires may be difficult since they come out the top. Damonator’s connects via a ribbon cable to the controller board underneath the playfield. Looks like a clean install.

Are you using an hdmi splitter? Is there any outputs on the board?

#12020 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

So I have been experimenting in parallel with damonator. I got my replacement 7in lcd today, but still had issues getting both to boot up when the machine is power up. I can get 1 to work, and trick it by plugging in second monitor after boot, but so far no luck with both hooked up when powering on. I assume it's a hdcp issue, and will continue trying things. [quoted image]

Certain HDMI splitters strip out the HDCP. I have one. Sounds like you need one of those.

#12021 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Certain HDMI splitters strip out the HDCP. I have one. Sounds like you need one of those.

I've got one on order

#12022 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I saw that monitor but looks like hiding the wires may be difficult since they come out the top. Damonator’s connects via a ribbon cable to the controller board underneath the playfield. Looks like a clean install.

Yeah, I would think one of the ones with the flat data cable out the bottom that connects to the controller under the apron or playfield is the way to go. HDMI connector on the screen itself would be a challenge unless it's a mini-hdmi and you have a right-angle mini-hdmi cable to connect to it.

#12023 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

This is just poc. I can get a longer ribbon and move the control board once I get it working. I have tried a few splitters. Waiting on one to arrive that removes hdcp

#12024 2 years ago

Anyone on the fence for the Pinwoofer kit for the GNR should pull the trigger. Anyone else install this kit? Whats your thoughts? 1st mode done on my LE. No regrets here. Worth every penny IMO. Like that I have booming base without a external sub sitting under the machine. Super easy to install following the YouTube video for installation. Now you can truly FEEL the sound like a title like this should have been out of the box. JJP fell short on the sound system. Pinwoofer addressed that problem quite well. Instruction have you installing the amp in place of the coin box. I chose to keep the coin box in place and mounted it next to the subwoofer. In my opinion its still easy to reach in through the coin door to make adjustments and pop it out of the holder to pull it outside the machine to adjust. The coil of wires next to the speaker is so the amp can be pulled out the coin door while hooked up. For those of you that don't know.

IMG_1346 (resized).JPGIMG_1346 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1348 (resized).JPGIMG_1348 (resized).JPG
#12025 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I will absolutely post install pics and product links to everything, but it’s still a work in progress.

Quoted from Vespula:

I think it’s possible actually and that’s my goal. There is a 7” on Alibaba that does 1920x1080 native, but it’s a self contained unit:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600269914815/7-inch-Portable-monitor-1080P-IPS.html?__detailProductImg=https%3A%2F%2Fs.alicdn.com%2F%40sc04%2Fkf%2FH0cccc32460374a58b0b2ab9ea50a4536L.jpg_200x200.jpg

It looks thin enough, but I would be tempted to uncase it to see if the breakout board can be moved under the playfield.

A monitor with breakout board will work better in our application - similar to what I’ve done with the PF monitor.

Ideally, here’s what we need to source:

7” 800x480 IPS monitor with HDMI on breakout board

7” 1920x1080 IPS monitor with either D-pin or HDMI on breakout board.

If anyone can find those on Alibaba or wherever, that would get us a long way down the road. brerspidur and I have been sharing info, but we welcome anyone that wants to experiment along with us.

#12026 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Great photo , after almost 8 months of waiting it's nice to have a reminder of how good the playfield looks .

#12027 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Anyone on the fence for the Pinwoofer kit for the GNR should pull the trigger. Anyone else install this kit? Whats your thoughts? 1st mode done on my LE. No regrets here. Worth every penny IMO. Like that I have booming base without a external sub sitting under the machine. Super easy to install following the YouTube video for installation. Now you can truly FEEL the sound like a title like this should have been out of the box. JJP fell short on the sound system. Pinwoofer addressed that problem quite well. Instruction have you installing the amp in place of the coin box. I chose to keep the coin box in place and mounted it next to the subwoofer. In my opinion its still easy to reach in through the coin door to make adjustments and pop it out of the holder to pull it outside the machine to adjust. The coil of wires next to the speaker is so the amp can be pulled out the coin door while hooked up. For those of you that don't know.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job. I'll likely do the same as I suspect once it's dialed in there will be not much adjustment needed.

I love how it's mounted next to a sticker stating adding electronics voids the warranty. And the deeper humor is, in reality, the warranty that is voided is I think only 2 items and those are limited to a short time. Meh. Mod it up!

#12028 2 years ago

Cliffys ordered, PinMonk fans ordered, washers and Titan rubber acquired. Now if the %&#$*@# machine would just get here!!! Sounds like late July, early August. After ordering in October, I think I've learned a lot about patience...

#12029 2 years ago

So about the warranty….when spotlights were breaking and they were sending replacements was that covered under a prior warranty that is no longer in place?

Are those that purchased the game months ago grandfathered in to the “old” warranty language?

#12030 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So about the warranty….when spotlights were breaking and they were sending replacements was that covered under a prior warranty that is no longer in place?
Are those that purchased the game months ago grandfathered in to the “old” warranty language?

All I can give you is my opinion, which is that prior to May there was a more comprehensive, yet limited warranty, and so anything shipped prior to May should be under that warranty. It's not when you ordered it's when it was shipped and arrived to you I believe.

But I'd like to think that any company that knew there was a valid issue such as spotlights would continue to honor that. However we know JJP is not any company. So I think everything is just a case by case basis. That's what it appears anyway. It also appears that as time goes on they're tightening the grip on the position of you're on your own.
Fortunately from the late @zaphx, I recall there are methods to sourcing your spotlight servos, and broken parts needed can be "printed" from 3D printers (thingyverse.com ?). So I think JJ is sending the message loud and clear, that as of pins shipped starting May 2021, they want to focus only on initial task of building and shipping the pin and basically code updates, with a limited warranty only covering: 1. Printed circuit boards (game logic) for Sixty (60) Days and 2. LCD monitor for Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

#12031 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Nice job. I'll likely do the same as I suspect once it's dialed in there will be not much adjustment needed.
I love how it's mounted next to a sticker stating adding electronics voids the warranty. And the deeper humor is, in reality, the warranty that is voided is I think only 2 items and those are limited to a short time. Meh. Mod it up!

Pinwoofer has a base tune you set it at. For me it seems to be quite satisfactory at the setting they recommend. Along with the base line for the amp settings. They also have you adjust several of the sound setting in the machine for a much better balanced of all the sounds from music mode to call outs and the regular sound effects. Everyone's sounds taste are different which is what is so nice about this set up. You have the gain controls as well as bass, mid and treble. I set my machine in jukebox mode and played around with the settings while it was at a pretty high volume and i ended up back where Pinwoofer found the best settings. The GNR pinwoofer kit also replaces the tweeters in the back box. The ones from JJP are quite inferior. Unfortunately for the CE owners. JJP used the same inferior tweeters in the sound bar which renders the sound bar useless when upgrading the sound system. The sound bar is a sealed unit and the tweeters are not accessible to upgrade. Pinwoofer found that if the soundbar is left in the sound stream after the system upgrade. It pollutes the sound qulity dragging down the sound quality. The sound bar just becomes a silent topper.

#12032 2 years ago

I've had a LE on order since Jan 31 through a FL dealer. Has anyone heard if these will be built and shipped anytime soon? I do have a email into the dealer I bought through. However you guys seem to know the latest.

I've searched through this thread but there are sooooo many posts.

#12033 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I've had a LE on order since Jan 31 through a FL dealer. Has anyone heard if these will be built and shipped anytime soon? I do have a email into the dealer I bought through. However you guys seem to know the latest.
I've searched through this thread but there are sooooo many posts.

I think it will really come down to what your distro says, as it doesn't seem like communication/expectations set by JJP is any good. I am a mid Oct order through FlipNOut, which Zach said maybe end of July the last time I bugged him, if that helps any.

#12034 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I think it will really come down to what your distro says, as it doesn't seem like communication/expectations set by JJP is any good. I am a mid Oct order through FlipNOut, which Zach said maybe end of July the last time I bugged him, if that helps any.

Thanks brother! I'll just wait till I hear from the distro then. Last time I asked they said this past April.

#12035 2 years ago

Have there been enough games delivered and enough transparency here amongst owners to build a narrative that suggests it was better to order from a large distributor or a small distributor or JJP directly in order to get your game the fastest?

I would think with the amount of buyers here and with open dialogue this could almost be "reverse engineered" with a reasonable degree of accuracy to suggest how production units were prioritized amongst distributors...

Would be potentially valuable information for future releases...

#12036 2 years ago

It doesnt appear to me from tracking with all the info from people ordering and receiving their pins over the last 6 months that all disty are the same... there is one post on here with Feb order and he received in May. This was an extreme exception/unicorn. Others are October orders and are still waiting from their Disty.
I am a 12/30 order direct from JJP and been told fall ship date. Several October JJP directs are posted here as landing recently in the last month.
I have seen a rare Nov JJP direct order already received by someone, so it seems maybe JJP's own allotment percentage of production has them fulfilling their direct orders from around the beginning of November, and still maybe end of October orders currently. This would track with my December 30 order & fall time frame.

Here is a speculative discussion from 3 months ago that touches on the topic of how allocations *may* work in another thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-gnr-les-till-june#post-6218018

#12037 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Have there been enough games delivered and enough transparency here amongst owners to build a narrative that suggests it was better to order from a large distributor or a small distributor or JJP directly in order to get your game the fastest?

To be honest, I am very happy I didn't get mine early now, to let whatever fixes and adjustments to be made prior to shipping. Don't get me wrong, the waiting sucks, but I am hoping for fewer issues thanks to the delay.

#12038 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I would think with the amount of buyers here and with open dialogue this could almost be "reverse engineered" with a reasonable degree of accuracy to suggest how production units were prioritized amongst distributors...
Would be potentially valuable information for future releases...

Ordered LE 1/22/21 through Pinball Star…. No updates yet. Got all excited other day when I saw an email from them, but it was just about an opportunity to buy Halloween/Ultraman!
So I will continue the patient wait.

I have PinWoofer delivered, and will pull the trigger on Tibetan fans soon enough.

#12039 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

All I can give you is my opinion, which is that prior to May there was a more comprehensive, yet limited warranty, and so anything shipped prior to May should be under that warranty. It's not when you ordered it's when it was shipped and arrived to you I believe.
But I'd like to think that any company that knew there was a valid issue such as spotlights would continue to honor that. However we know JJP is not any company. So I think everything is just a case by case basis. That's what it appears anyway. It also appears that as time goes on they're tightening the grip on the position of you're on your own.
Fortunately from the late zaphX, I recall there are methods to sourcing your spotlight servos, and broken parts needed can be "printed" from 3D printers (thingyverse.com ?). So I think JJ is sending the message loud and clear, that as of pins shipped starting May 2021, they want to focus only on initial task of building and shipping the pin and basically code updates, with a limited warranty only covering: 1. Printed circuit boards (game logic) for Sixty (60) Days and 2. LCD monitor for Two Hundred Seventy (270) Days.

Thanks. This makes sense to me but who knows with JJP. I’ve stocked up on some extra servos and a buddy of mine printed the linkages so I’m hoping I’ll be good in the event that JJP will not replace.

My distributor said everything was under warranty for a year. I never checked the actual JJP warranty language until I read the “new” language which is pretty much useless after 60 days.

Damn good game though

#12040 2 years ago

I wish the song patience could be permanently unlocked if you beat the song or hit certain objectives. I like that it’s available as a patch at least, but would prefer it be like getting to end of the line on Metallica, and permanently opening it up. Just a thought.

#12041 2 years ago

I ordered an LE on Jan from a distributer in CT and got the machine in June for whatbita worth.

#12042 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I ordered an LE on Jan from a distributer in CT and got the machine in June for whatbita worth.

Yup thx. That makes the point that depending on your disty and their % allocation from each weeks production you could wait less than six months if you pick the right disty... Bigger disty is probably worse since their orders qty are bigger, allocation percentage is smaller, which makes their line longer.. smaller Disty, less orders, shorter line...... But if you order direct from JJP then you are in one big honking line waiting 9 or 10 months minimum.
If I could go back, I'd probably go through my disty which I didn't even know I had until recently, honestly. Logically going direct to JJP seemed advantageous... But that was before I see how it works.... Oops.
At least as mentioned many times, later builds seem to have provided time to work out some kinks. I keep telling myself that while I wait, and wait, and wait...

#12043 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yup thx. That makes the point that depending on your disty and their % allocation from each weeks production you could wait less than six months if you pick the right disty... Bigger disty is probably worse since their orders qty are bigger, allocation percentage is smaller, which makes their line longer.. smaller Disty, less orders, shorter line...... But if you order direct from JJP then you are in one big honking line waiting 9 or 10 months minimum.
If I could go back, I'd probably go through my disty which I didn't even know I had until recently, honestly. Logically going direct to JJP seemed advantageous... But that was before I see how it works.... Oops.
At least as mentioned many times, later builds seem to have provided time to work out some kinks. I keep telling myself that while I wait, and wait, and wait...

Funny, but I was just slacking with my brother about the exact same thing, that going through a smaller distributor seems like the way to go. Kinda sucks really, as it shouldn't matter what the distro's volume is, and makes me wonder what to do when the next title announced and shown off. Oh well. It is just a hobby right? I have plenty of games to play and work on to pass the time lol.

#12044 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Funny, but I was just slacking with my brother about the exact same thing, that going through a smaller distributor seems like the way to go. Kinda sucks really, as it shouldn't matter what the distro's volume is, and makes me wonder what to do when the next title announced and shown off. Oh well. It is just a hobby right? I have plenty of games to play and work on to pass the time lol.

The size of the distributor shouldn’t matter. Each one gets the same percentage of their orders with each run. So a large distributor with 50 orders may get 5 but the smaller guy with 10 would get 1.

#12045 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

The size of the distributor shouldn’t matter. Each one gets the same percentage of their orders with each run. So a large distributor with 50 orders may get 5 but the smaller guy with 10 would get 1.

Are you making this up? It doesn't seem this linear.

#12046 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you making this up? It doesn't seem this linear.

Ha. No I was told this from my distributor.

#12047 2 years ago

New beta posted with completed Desert Demolition mode. Can’t wait to try it out!

#12048 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wish the song patience could be permanently unlocked if you beat the song or hit certain objectives

I dont mind it as a patch but I do wish the game had knocking on heavens door and dust n bones on the playlist.

#12049 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Ha. No I was told this from my distributor.

Ok interesting. I never knew Disty only gets 10 percent of orders allocated. How often? Do you know is it weekly? Monthly? What if they only have 2 orders did they get it 2 tenths at a time in pieces until they can build one? Lol

#12050 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Yeah totally agree. I have zero clue how the distribution works from any mfr to distributors...add a pandemic and major shortages across the board and that is even more delays.

Quoted from Vespula:

What if they only have 2 orders did they get it 2 tenths at a time in pieces until they can build one? Lol

This is what I am wondering really. If it is a "each distributor gets X %, but at least one game". Either way it doesn't matter. I already placed my order and still waiting. Maybe I get it in July, maybe not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/241?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.