IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 567.
#11901 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I have a late May, early June LE build. Do I have the "washer post kit/fix" already installed? I hope I took pictures of the correct posts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No, same as in my April build…

#11902 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:I have a late May, early June LE build. Do I have the "washer post kit/fix" already installed? I hope I took pictures of the correct posts.

Quoted from fooflighter:

No... Get those washers on pronto... And anywhere else you can for protection

Here's fooflighter awesome key post if you haven't read it yet

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#11903 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't need a complicated topper , I just want a simple topper , but I want it with moving spotlights , just like the Led Zeppelin topper .
If someone makes that , take my money now .
Pay no attention to the Shooter Rod , which is the worst I have ever seen .

There is this aftermarket topper I have seen.
https://pinballsales.com.au/product/rock-topper/

IMG_6259-scaled (resized).jpgIMG_6259-scaled (resized).jpg
#11904 2 years ago

Anyone have issues with their pyro target activating the mode after 1 hit (on the first time qualifying pyro) when the difficulty is set to 1? It’s not a switch issue on my machine because after the first time qualifying pyro, it’s accurate and requires the 3-4 hits to qualify the pyro mode. Also if I change the difficulty to 2, it is accurate and requires all the hits. Pretty strange considering it’s not a switch/sensitivity issue. Wondering if this is normal or if anyone else had/has this problem?

#11905 2 years ago

Got my name down for one of those.

#11906 2 years ago

n0pe. they are the ones that get and take damage . got to get them off and do bigger

Quoted from psexton:I have a late May, early June LE build. Do I have the "washer post kit/fix" already installed? I hope I took pictures of the correct posts.

#11907 2 years ago

Just installed the pinwoofer kit with 8 inch sub and tweeters. Wow, what a difference. Everything sounds better and more clear, including the call outs. I also hear sounds like the points incrementing that I really never noticed before. And the bass rocks the machine and is great. I did have to wedge foam on my backglass as it was rattling. Like someone stated earlier, spending $10k plus on an LE and not spending around $350 for the pinwoofer is a mistake. Must have IMO.

#11908 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

https://pinballsales.com.au/product/rock-topper/[quoted image]

$2K+ .... no thanks....

#11909 2 years ago

So I found something interesting. In settings there was a way to award an extra ball after a certain amount of G N R lane completions made. Default was zero. I changed it to 8. This resulted in several patches becoming unavailable including at least Fender, Vater and Gibson. There were likely others missing.

I changed the setting back to zero and thankfully they are back. Not sure if that’s a bug or what.

#11910 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

It’s difficult to tell what that is and what it does. There’s not many details on the page about it.

#11911 2 years ago

There's a vid posted on the GnR FB group of the topper in action. The spotlights are all active and mimic the lights in the game.

https://www.facebook.com/100018048159123/videos/866335163978081

#11912 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

$2K+ .... no thanks....

If you're in that price range, I'd wait for lior's first

#11913 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If you're in that price range, I'd wait for lior's first

Couldn’t agree more!

#11914 2 years ago

I think this is buried somewhere in the thread but I can’t find it (and no keypost). My spinning record is dropping down. I’ve worked out how to raise it with the large nut under the assembly but not how to tighten it in place. Is it a matter of turning the small nut at the very base while holding the actual record still?
Thanks

#11915 2 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Is it a matter of turning the small nut at the very base while holding the actual record still?

Tighten the big plastic one.

LTG : )

#11916 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tighten the big plastic one.

Page 131 in the manual item #8

You can download the manual from the website under Support - under Downloads.

#11917 2 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

I think this is buried somewhere in the thread but I can’t find it (and no keypost). My spinning record is dropping down. I’ve worked out how to raise it with the large nut under the assembly but not how to tighten it in place. Is it a matter of turning the small nut at the very base while holding the actual record still?
Thanks

If you do not see a large white nut, look in the bottom of your cabinet. Mine fell completely off and I had to reattach it.

#11918 2 years ago

Thanks LTG and psexton - spot on, big white nut on the bottom of the cabinet

#11919 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Love the idea of the moving spots which is what I’m looking for but the scaffold apparatus kinda reminds me of Live Aid 1985. Think it’s a bit over engineered?

5170ACE3-3A78-4F13-B396-174534E186F1 (resized).jpeg5170ACE3-3A78-4F13-B396-174534E186F1 (resized).jpeg
#11920 2 years ago

Anyone know the definitive fix for the ball getting stuck on the upper right bumper and post?

#11921 2 years ago

anyone know where to get direct replacement rubbers? who made these anyway? thanks.

#11922 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I like it but two things I would want to change.. since it's a concert stage replica make the back art feature the band in skull characters with their instruments placed in a concert situation and look like they are backing up Axl.
The art is good but the pin art is better and the topper art detracts, plus doesn't support the singer or GnR concert theme going on. Then you can Change the art to iron maiden band and then market it for that pin. ( Edit. The post after mine from pinballjah talks about the art looking like a dinosaur, I thought the EXACT same thing!)
Second, the side speakers should be black coordinate with the top.. Silver doesn't do it for me with this pin. It's too much and washes out the singer sculpture. Looks too techno, not rock and roll.
Nothing is silver on the pin either and overall it's too washed out looking. The silver scaffolding accent in silver looks good. If that was the only silver, then it would make Axl pop.
Final comment, the back drop lighting in the pic looks a little weak and concentrated to the bottom. Maybe the photos.. but I'd like to see it more even instead of just at the bottom and illuminate the entire art up to the top, not too bright to wash out Axl, but more even. I feel like I can see the bulbs/ LED behind the art
Great job overall.

This is great feedback. Thanks for laying it all out, and to all the others who have too.

People might not be aware but we are a very small outfit of like minded pinball hackers, not even a company really (James runs pinball bazaar but the rest of us work solo usually). We don't have a massive budget. We work nights and weekends around non pinball day gigs. There's no market research or focus groups, we rely on ourselves and forum feedback to inform decisions. Any help we get to assist in the goal of producing kickass pinball mods is massively appreciated.

We have been talking behind the scenes today and making changes where we can. We want it to be as good as it possibly can be! Things we're looking at are

- Updating the lighting for the back artwork. This might be moving existing strips into a better position or using different lighting.

- Updating the acrylic used on the side panels, moving this to a clear acrylic so it doesn’t look “silver”. Possibly a black shroud.

- Updating the lighting of the front model to make him stand out more, either via a strip or a spot.

We'll post some updates soon!

#11923 2 years ago

Do others have these two wires that go to nowhere? This is in the bottom left of the playfield when raised.

IMG_5132 (resized).JPGIMG_5132 (resized).JPG
#11924 2 years ago

Got to the point now where auto calibration and reboots are frequently required to fix the stuck keyboard switch issue. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

#11925 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Anyone know the definitive fix for the ball getting stuck on the upper right bumper and post?

i fixed it with this piece of plastic i cut and stuck on the popbumper with doubleside 3m tape. never had a ball stuck there in the 4 weeks its on there.

20210702_201529 (resized).jpg20210702_201529 (resized).jpg
#11926 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do others have these two wires that go to nowhere? This is in the bottom left of the playfield when raised.[quoted image]

if it is an LE it might be a harness for the CE Coma lock area. Not sure tho.

#11927 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats!!
Great info on plastics, so after becoming smarter thanks to you, I have two questions...
When did you order?
From whom? (JJP direct or disty)

My actual order date was Feb. 1st. I had no idea a price increase was coming a few days later so lucked out. Had been on the fence, but after receiving my Zep LE just a few days before that, I realized rock pins are for me. (no Zep vs. GnR comments here please.....they can peacefully co-exist and I will prove it! ha ha)

Ordered from a Distributor. Had told me 5-6 months at the time so not that far off.

#11928 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anyone know where to get direct replacement rubbers? who made these anyway? thanks.

Are the second set of sling rubbers in the goodie bag a different size? Or just replacements?

#11929 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do others have these two wires that go to nowhere? This is in the bottom left of the playfield when raised.[quoted image]

Yes .I just used those for a start button mod I purchased .

#11930 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got my name down for one of those.

I thought you were selling your machine?

#11931 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Someone earlier in the thread used a furniture leg button protector cut in half and stuck next to the bumper in the problem area. It has worked for me. Just enough to keep the ball from getting nestled there.

#11932 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anyone know where to get direct replacement rubbers?

See if Titan has a kit.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

#11933 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Love the idea of the moving spots which is what I’m looking for but the scaffold apparatus kinda reminds me of Live Aid 1985. Think it’s a bit over engineered?[quoted image]

Who's that on stage. Led Zeppelin I remember that day very well. What a wonderful show that was.

#11934 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are the second set of sling rubbers in the goodie bag a different size? Or just replacements?

oh, forgot about those. thanks.

#11935 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

My actual order date was Feb. 1st. I had no idea a price increase was coming a few days later so lucked out. Had been on the fence, but after receiving my Zep LE just a few days before that, I realized rock pins are for me. (no Zep vs. GnR comments here please.....they can peacefully co-exist and I will prove it! ha ha)
Ordered from a Distributor. Had told me 5-6 months at the time so not that far off.

Ordered 12/30 from JJP direct and they said fall ship date so clearly disty is the way to go. Wish I could switch to music city pinball now ..

#11936 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I thought you were selling your machine?

It's listed for sale, yes.

#11937 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

damn, didn't have one for a mini post. i want to put one on the naked left inlane post, but would like to match what's already installed from the factory. manual has this pn: 25-006005-06-13. only thing that pops up on google is a replacement set for Pirates on pu-parts.com. frustrating...

#11938 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i fixed it with this piece of plastic i cut and stuck on the popbumper with doubleside 3m tape. never had a ball stuck there in the 4 weeks its on there.
[quoted image]

Went by the craft store and picked up clear double stick tape and a sheet of clear plastic. Cut it out as shown and although I only played about 10 games I am thinking this is the permanent fix. No hung balls so far. Thanks cybervenom!

#11939 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Who's that on stage. Led Zeppelin I remember that day very well. What a wonderful show that was.

Yeah it is....for me Queen stole the show. Remember watching it, Freddie Mercury was Ace!

#11940 2 years ago

Anyone have 1.22 live update fail with “update failed to verify” the image?

8F6298E8-E4C9-4F3B-B4F8-B244FD3347A4 (resized).jpeg8F6298E8-E4C9-4F3B-B4F8-B244FD3347A4 (resized).jpeg

#11941 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

[quoted image]

Haven’t seen that yet. But did you leave the coin door open during update? If not, try that.

#11942 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haven’t seen that yet. But did you leave the coin door open during update? If not, try that.

I tried it both ways. Trying it again. It gets to 100% without issue. If this fails I’ll revert to USB

#11943 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

[quoted image]

Seen it many times, keep trying is all I can say. Seen it with usb too.

#11944 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

[quoted image]

Try a full install of 1.22 via USB instead. There were problems with wifi updating on earlier code versions.

#11945 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

I replaced the factory sling rubber with 2 1/4 inch titan rubbers. I bought a heap when our first batch of games arrived. They're slightly bigger but don't appear to change the characteristics of the slings. So far so good. The factory ones break easily.

#11946 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

[quoted image]

Ah just realised you're doing a beta update......Maybe get to 1.22 first and then switch to beta?

#11947 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Ah just realised you're doing a beta update......Maybe get to 1.22 first and then switch to beta?

I just noticed that as well. I don’t have beta enabled….

Weird. The update finally started installing. Let’s see where I land.

#11948 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I just noticed that as well. I don’t have beta enabled….
Weird. The update finally started installing. Let’s see where I land.

Very odd. Wasn't aware that public beta was available either.

#11949 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Very odd. Wasn't aware that public beta was available either.

I checked and beta was enabled. I’m not running b8. I turned off beta and now it looks like it wants to download 1.22. Crossing my fingers.

#11950 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I checked and beta was enabled. I’m not running b8. I turned off beta and now it looks like it wants to download 1.22. Crossing my fingers.

Should be all good now. If 1.22 struggles over wifi then do it via USB delta update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/239?hl=splitcms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.