IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 569.
#11851 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Unfortunately (for me), I know more about this topic than pretty much anything else and am filled with useless information.

Well that was a useful answer, thanks for digging up my question ! I'll share how the PC washers fare when I get my LE and have some time spent on it.

#11852 2 years ago

Hi, I have a question, I am unable to download the latest version. it hangs every time ... it sometimes loads 20% or more and then stops .. I have a fast wifi network and all network settings are correct so that can't be it. you any idea?

thanks in advance and have a nice day

#11853 2 years ago
Quoted from Billekletser:

Hi, I have a question, I am unable to download the latest version. it hangs every time ... it sometimes loads 20% or more and then stops .. I have a fast wifi network and all network settings are correct so that can't be it. you any idea?
thanks in advance and have a nice day

What software version are you currently running? You may need to complete the update via USB instead. Download the latest code from the JJP website and complete a full install via USB.

#11854 2 years ago

Servo holder JJP GnR is now also available

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4898252

Greetings Peter

IMG_2461 (resized).jpgIMG_2461 (resized).jpgIMG_2463 (resized).jpgIMG_2463 (resized).jpg
#11855 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

What software version are you currently running? You may need to complete the update via USB instead. Download the latest code from the JJP website and complete a full install via USB.

Thanks swampy! I will do that. 1,21 atm... but maybe i should wait a little longer or is there much difference?

#11856 2 years ago

Iā€™ve got an issue with my inner loop switch being stuck open and I thing itā€™s related to how the switch is supposed to sit in relation to the post near it. Can someone post a pic for me please? Basically looking at the inner loop from the middle of the play field. Here are a couple of pics showing what I see.

Edit: Iā€™ve worked out the bolt should sit flush with the plastic but having done that the switch is still playing up. Is there some trick to getting it to work. Seems to only fire intermittentlyā€¦

Edit 2: all good. Had to bend the metal on the switch way more than i would have thought

BA8ECEE6-B059-44EE-A135-4D7B82C6B43D (resized).jpegBA8ECEE6-B059-44EE-A135-4D7B82C6B43D (resized).jpegE346E481-9096-4F82-9EFC-CD339C108F38 (resized).jpegE346E481-9096-4F82-9EFC-CD339C108F38 (resized).jpeg

#11857 2 years ago

Thanks swampy! I will do that. 1,21 atm... but maybe i should wait a little longer or is there much difference?

There are some improvements including less stress (and therefore heat) on the left ramp diverter coil. Highly recommend updating to 1.22

#11858 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So I just played my Metallica(previously most played game) for the first time since receiving my gnr a couple weeks ago, and I have to say wow, what a let down. Gnr is on such a whole different level. I seriously just smile as soon as a song starts. Great job jjp team!! Amazing

It makes me not want to play any of my other titles.
That part kinda blows

#11859 2 years ago

yep, AFM and MB collecting dust over here.

#11860 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yep, AFM and MB collecting dust over here.

I don't have my GNR but I do know that when I get a new game it gets a lot more play until I get something new. LOL I have AFM and MB also. The game that gets the least play is my TZ I had it 25 years now so the wow factor is gone. I can't wait to be in the club. It will be my first JJP.

#11861 2 years ago

Against my better judgement, I'm going to go ahead and share this video since I said I would! I know I'm setting myself up for all the Pinstadium haters to come barking, but here's a vid of the Pinstadium Concert Editions in-action along with the external LED hookups doing their thing. The video makes it look intense (and it is I'll admit), but truthfully I can track the ball a lot easier now with the brighter lighting. Scores have been improving and for my personal tastes I fucking love this new setup!

#11862 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Against my better judgement, I'm going to go ahead and share this video since I said I would! I know I'm setting myself up for all the Pinstadium haters to come barking, but here's a vid of the Pinstadium Concert Editions in-action along with the external LED hookups doing their thing. The video makes it look intense (and it is I'll admit), but truthfully I can track the ball a lot easier now with the brighter lighting. Scores have been improving and for my personal tastes I fucking love this new setup!

Gotta admit it looks good, better than I expected.
Looks like it's synced to the data line of the hot rails too... Hmm... Maybe I'm jaded because you picked rocket queen which is my top song pick right now in the pin.
Just not sure I can get over the price for what it is.
Part of me thinks if I can get the stuff and sync with hot rails outside the cabinet, I could also incorporate this is desired. Mounting might be the tricky part, but just don't know. Thanks for posting this!

#11863 2 years ago

Quick little tidbit from a prior SE owner that got to play a LE at my buddies house. The LE is the better game overall now that ive played them both. The upperplayfield is worth the upgrade and adds to the overall shots and gameplay alot but it does slow the game down alittle and blocks the view of the orbit off the upper flipper shot some. I think the white hotrails actually might be better for gameplay cause you can see the ball better with them and they feel more like strobe lights sorta at a concert but the RGB on LE look nicer in person and are plenty bright also. The nice little addons like stage lights and cymbals are cool but didnt add to the overall experience much. Really overall the upperplayfield adding in the powerchord jackpots and physical ball lock and how it feeds back to flipper with the extra wireform make the LE a no brainer if you have a choice of which model.

#11864 2 years ago

Make sure you leave the coin door open during the update. I know that was an issue in the past.

#11865 2 years ago

Placed my order for an LE in April, and am patiently awaiting delivery in Nov-Jan. Was able to pick up a TMNT premium for the family to shoot around on in the meantime (only a 1-pin home at the moment).

As I page through this forum it sounds like I will want to take preventative measures before playing my first ball to protect the art/playfield around some of the posts in the game. I have seen some of you use washers, others have actually received different posts (I believe from JJP), and have even seen the video on Facebook with the guy claiming the original posts were mis-engineered to handle the force of the ball knocking into them.

This is a grail game for my wife and I which we plan on keeping in our home for many, many years. During the pandemic, we put over 5,000 games on our first pin (JP pro) before trading it for an AIQ. We love to play these games, and do not expect them to remain looking pristine after so much use. What I would love to try and avoid however is big chucks of the playfield splintering near these posts in our first 100 games.

Given that our game will likely see heavy use in the coming years, what is the best strategy for trying to prevent these playfield issues from occurring? I am hoping that JJP figures out something in the factory that my later build might benefit from, but would like to be prepared anyway. Sincerely appreciate any and all recommendations.

Happy flipping!

#11866 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Placed my order for an LE in April, and am patiently awaiting delivery in Nov-Jan. Was able to pick up a TMNT premium for the family to shoot around on in the meantime (only a 1-pin home at the moment).
As I page through this forum it sounds like I will want to take preventative measures before playing my first ball to protect the art/playfield around some of the posts in the game. I have seen some of you use washers, others have actually received different posts (I believe from JJP), and have even seen the video on Facebook with the guy claiming the original posts were mis-engineered to handle the force of the ball knocking into them.
This is a grail game for my wife and I which we plan on keeping in our home for many, many years. During the pandemic, we put over 5,000 games on our first pin (JP pro) before trading it for an AIQ. We love to play these games, and do not expect them to remain looking pristine after so much use. What I would love to try and avoid however is big chucks of the playfield splintering near these posts in our first 100 games.
Given that our game will likely see heavy use in the coming years, what is the best strategy for trying to prevent these playfield issues from occurring? I am hoping that JJP figures out something in the factory that my later build might benefit from, but would like to be prepared anyway. Sincerely appreciate any and all recommendations.
Happy flipping!

There are really only 3 posts that are the trouble spots. Put washers under all the posts you can get to, 25 or so, get a cliffy scoop protector and Iā€™m sure you will be fine. Itā€™s a great game and you will love it. Oh and add an external sub

#11867 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

There are really only 3 posts that are the trouble spots. Put washers under all the posts you can get to, 25 or so, get a cliffy scoop protector and Iā€™m sure you will be fine. Itā€™s a great game and you will love it. Oh and add an external sub

I second the Cliffy remark. I'd order now. He's already a month backlogged! passionforpinball.com

#11869 2 years ago

My guitar lock was completely broken. It showed up in test mode and appeared to calibrate, but the switch didn't work. Keyboard and skill shot sensors worked fine. Post #3764 showed a similar issue, a wire not seated in a connector all the way. I never did hear it click in, it's in an awkward spot. It's working now, hopefully it stays. There are a lot of wires in this game under tension. I can see a lot of problems like this coming up over time.

2021-07-02 15.41.01 (resized).jpg2021-07-02 15.41.01 (resized).jpg
#11870 2 years ago

for pinstadiums, i'm not a hater; do what you want. but i always have to ask, why not just play with the lights on? a lot cheaper.

#11871 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

for pinstadiums, i'm not a hater; do what you want. but i always have to ask, why not just play with the lights on? a lot cheaper.

Lights weren't on in the Arcades back in the day.
That's Y

#11872 2 years ago

Yeah I kinda like playing with the lights off. It has an arcade vibe to it. I do notice I play better in the day though. Turning on the lights is like playing pinball as a Vampire, it burns it burns!

#11873 2 years ago

vibe is good.

#11874 2 years ago

My daughter just completed her Appetite for Destruction painting she started more than 8 months ago. Earned herself $200 spending money for the beach, so it worked out pretty well for her.

4339DA9E-673B-45AB-8907-95135D649FD7 (resized).jpeg4339DA9E-673B-45AB-8907-95135D649FD7 (resized).jpegC30AAEB4-F2B4-49FA-9E27-860361B417A6 (resized).jpegC30AAEB4-F2B4-49FA-9E27-860361B417A6 (resized).jpeg7A7FEB18-D389-43C6-925E-724DA996D5CE (resized).jpeg7A7FEB18-D389-43C6-925E-724DA996D5CE (resized).jpegD55F7EF3-DE43-44CA-A0AA-8E0CED911582 (resized).jpegD55F7EF3-DE43-44CA-A0AA-8E0CED911582 (resized).jpeg
#11875 2 years ago

Wow thatā€™s fantastic and also so special because your daughter made it for you!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11876 2 years ago

That came out great!

#11877 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Turning on the lights is like playing pinball as a Vampire, it burns it burns!

Especially when your eyes are dilated.

#11878 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

My daughter just completed her Appetite for Destruction painting she started more than 8 months ago. Earned herself $200 spending money for the beach, so it worked out pretty well for her.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Talented. A+
Next....playfield design!!

#11879 2 years ago

My daughter just completed her Appetite for Destruction painting she started more than 8 months ago. Earned herself $200 spending money for the beach, so it worked out pretty well for her.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, she needs to sign it in the bottom corner!

#11880 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My guitar lock was completely broken. It showed up in test mode and appeared to calibrate, but the switch didn't work. Keyboard and skill shot sensors worked fine. Post #3764 showed a similar issue, a wire not seated in a connector all the way. I never did hear it click in, it's in an awkward spot. It's working now, hopefully it stays. There are a lot of wires in this game under tension. I can see a lot of problems like this coming up over time.
[quoted image]

I have an electronics background and it drives me crazy when I see cables and wiring dressed incorrectly. There are 2 primary rules for good wiring practice and that is following a good path,running neatly without leaving loops and criss-crossing all over each other and most importantly leaving a small amount of slack/give in the wires to allow for vibration and some movement this is also important for servicing.
I was a little frustrated to find wiring in my CE severely over tensioned in a few locations causing problems ( mainly lights out ). I have since rectified these without too much trouble, but think it could be difficult and unfair for some pinheads to locate correct these issues. Hoping the assembly line workers are briefed about the wiring over tensioning problem and a little more care taken. I am a very fussy individual and still very happy with the build quality.

#11881 2 years ago

My daughter just completed her Appetite for Destruction painting she started more than 8 months ago. Earned herself $200 spending money for the beach, so it worked out pretty well for her.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.. very well done

#11882 2 years ago

I know that there has been some talk about the shooter rod spring tension. Has anyone changed their shooter rod spring and if so, what did you use? Results??

Thank you

#11883 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have an electronics background and it drives me crazy when I see cables and wiring dressed incorrectly. There are 2 primary rules for good wiring practice and that is following a good path,running neatly without leaving loops and criss-crossing all over each other and most importantly leaving a small amount of slack/give in the wires to allow for vibration and some movement this is also important for servicing.
I was a little frustrated to find wiring in my CE severely over tensioned in a few locations causing problems ( mainly lights out ). I have since rectified these without too much trouble, but think it could be difficult and unfair for some pinheads to locate correct these issues. Hoping the assembly line workers are briefed about the wiring over tensioning problem and a little more care taken. I am a very fussy individual and still very happy with the build quality.

I hear you bro, also the chain around Eddieā€™s neck is over tightened - just an observation

#11884 2 years ago

Does the official JJP topper do anything, price looks good.
Even if it just illuminates, I guess thatā€™s good enough.

#11885 2 years ago

Which would be better:

a) nylon washer, with a small black rubber under it
b) metal washer, with a small rubber under it?

In the picture the metal washer has a bigger rubber washer under it, but it seems to me that the black rubber
is so elastic that a smaller black rubber washer is better for both options.

The posts are similar to originals, but longer and secured to the playfield with a nut.

EDIT: Went with a nylon washer with a small black rubber under it.

IMG_0816 (resized).jpgIMG_0816 (resized).jpgIMG_0817 (resized).jpgIMG_0817 (resized).jpg

#11886 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Does the official JJP topper do anything, price looks good.
Even if it just illuminates, I guess thatā€™s good enough.

It just stays on , constant white , but maybe there could be a possibility of them programming it to flash .

#11887 2 years ago

#Where'sTheCodeJJPGNR

Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Happy flipping!

With the latest build games I don't think you will need to do anything else with the problem post areas. Those areas are now using longer posts secured with a nylon nut + a black plastic washer on top. Reports of pooling / chipping have dropped to nearly 0 with this combination.

#11888 2 years ago

The first images of the toppers out in the wild are coming in. What does everyone think?

2996B008-D1FD-4AC3-B83A-989A52143A22 (resized).jpeg2996B008-D1FD-4AC3-B83A-989A52143A22 (resized).jpeg5AA9EC13-991D-4625-9F1F-D81B781D1A34 (resized).jpeg5AA9EC13-991D-4625-9F1F-D81B781D1A34 (resized).jpeg9F1732BC-A0DF-4393-B521-B2FF5EFCCC6E (resized).jpeg9F1732BC-A0DF-4393-B521-B2FF5EFCCC6E (resized).jpegC8886B14-C7C9-47EA-8A11-764679DF9557 (resized).jpegC8886B14-C7C9-47EA-8A11-764679DF9557 (resized).jpeg
#11889 2 years ago

I like it but two things I would want to change.. since it's a concert stage replica make the back art feature the band in skull characters with their instruments placed in a concert situation and look like they are backing up Axl.
The art is good but the pin art is better and the topper art detracts, plus doesn't support the singer or GnR concert theme going on. Then you can Change the art to iron maiden band and then market it for that pin. ( Edit. The post after mine from pinballjah talks about the art looking like a dinosaur, I thought the EXACT same thing!)

Second, the side speakers should be black coordinate with the top.. Silver doesn't do it for me with this pin. It's too much and washes out the singer sculpture. Looks too techno, not rock and roll.
Nothing is silver on the pin either and overall it's too washed out looking. The silver scaffolding accent in silver looks good. If that was the only silver, then it would make Axl pop.

Final comment, the back drop lighting in the pic looks a little weak and concentrated to the bottom. Maybe the photos.. but I'd like to see it more even instead of just at the bottom and illuminate the entire art up to the top, not too bright to wash out Axl, but more even. I feel like I can see the bulbs/ LED behind the art

Great job overall.

#11890 2 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

The first images of the toppers out in the wild are coming in. What does everyone think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kind of looks like dinosaurs to me. They should improve the middle images.

#11891 2 years ago

I refuse to believe the two options are great toppers for $800 and shitty ones for $200.

#11892 2 years ago

We would love to bring the price down and are working actively to reduce our BOM. This means different suppliers, but as such a small company, it costs us a lot plus the R&D on it. We are trying to get it down though and if we can we will pass that saving on.

#11893 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Second, the side speakers should be black coordinate with the top.. Silver doesn't do it for me with this pin. It's too much and washes out the singer sculpture
Nothing is silver on the pin and overallit's too washed out looking. The silver scaffolding accent in silver looks good. If that was the only silver, then it would make Axl pop.
Final comment, the back drop lighting in the pic looks a little weak and concentrated to the bottom. Maybe the photos.. but I'd like to see it more even instead of just at the bottom and illuminate the entire art up to the top, not too bright to wash out Axl, but more even. I feel like I can see the bulbs/ LED behind the art
Great job overall.

I'm with vespula .
I think the side speakers looked washed out , especially with the colour of the wall behind them . If you had them black or red or a chrome surround they would pop a lot more , and the Axle sculpt needs a LED at his base to light him up , because he just blends into the background as well .
Overall I really appreciate the hard work you put into it and with just a couple little tweaks , it could put it over the top .
Now instead of the RGB lights on the sides , if you had two LCD screens , that would be sick .

IMG_20210704_013545 (resized).jpgIMG_20210704_013545 (resized).jpg

#11894 2 years ago

I don't need a complicated topper , I just want a simple topper , but I want it with moving spotlights , just like the Led Zeppelin topper .
If someone makes that , take my money now .
Pay no attention to the Shooter Rod , which is the worst I have ever seen .

#11895 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

the Axl sculpt needs a LED at his base to light him up , because he just blends into the background as well .

Excellent suggestion.

P.s.
The led zep topper is quite good, yes.

#11896 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The led zep topper is quite good, yes.

I just want to see lights moving around on my ceiling .

#11897 2 years ago

Anyone know how to get extra balls? Iā€™ve noticed mystery award and also patch set Gibson, vater, amp and Marshall. Must be more though.

#11898 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone know how to get extra balls? Iā€™ve noticed mystery award and also patch set Gibson, vater, amp and Marshall. Must be more though.

Complete all 9 inlanes during a song, youā€™ll get the option to light extra ball IF you cash out.

#11899 2 years ago

I have a late May, early June LE build. Do I have the "washer post kit/fix" already installed? I hope I took pictures of the correct posts.

20210703_125604 (resized).jpg20210703_125604 (resized).jpg20210703_125627 (resized).jpg20210703_125627 (resized).jpg

#11900 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I have a late May, early June LE build. Do I have the "washer post kit/fix" already installed? I hope I took pictures of the correct posts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No... Get those washers on pronto... And anywhere else you can for protection

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/238 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.