IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 569.
#11701 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

After installing my new top magnet coil from JJP I played one game and the magnet grabbed the ball perfectly. Once.
It has never grabbed it again.
I put the game in coil test mode and when I hit the start button the magnet will repel the ball but it does not grab it.
Is the normal?
When during a game should this magnet be active?
My old broken coil would not do anything in the coil test mode so at least this one is doing something.
Just wish it would grab the ball during a game like I know it should.

I believe the magnet should be active whenever you need to collect Axel

#11702 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

My clean shots to the right loop end up hitting the top of the left sling. I bent the left loop lane rail out a bit to get the shot to hit left flipper. But it always finds its way back to hitting the top of the sling. That just how its supposed to be?

Bump.

#11703 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I believe the magnet should be active whenever you need to collect Axel

That does make sense.
My very first shot with the new magnet did grab the ball.
But it has yet to do it again many games in.
Frustrating.

#11704 2 years ago

No, doesn't do that on mine, but it does it on my dad's - still need to help him fix it.

You'll need to slightly bend the left orbit guide rail towards the middle of the field likely. A little goes a long way and don't overdo it!

#11705 2 years ago

hi guys, does anyone know how to connect the subwoofer to this game? i have a normal sub, with a basic aux cable ready to plug into the game. I just don't know where to plug in the sub.

thanks everyone!

#11706 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

After installing my new top magnet coil from JJP I played one game and the magnet grabbed the ball perfectly. Once.
It has never grabbed it again.
I put the game in coil test mode and when I hit the start button the magnet will repel the ball but it does not grab it.
Is the normal?
When during a game should this magnet be active?
My old broken coil would not do anything in the coil test mode so at least this one is doing something.
Just wish it would grab the ball during a game like I know it should.

my Wonka magnet did this in test mode also. JJP had to replace the coil before it functioned as intended. I'd say the coil is bad. again!

#11707 2 years ago

Never mind. The problem resolved itself

#11708 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hi guys, does anyone know how to connect the subwoofer to this game? i have a normal sub, with a basic aux cable ready to plug into the game. I just don't know where to plug in the sub.
thanks everyone!

The easiest way is via a Pinnovator adaptor:

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-push-on-kit

Then just remove one of the rear bottom vent grates and run the wire out to the sub.

#11709 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It wouldn't really make sense in the context of the game (concert) and the lighting likely wouldn't sync because of different timings. I would like younger Axl, but that's too much to give up.

Well, since the game uses the album masters, the music videos really should line up, unless the video used a radio edit, or have extended sequences (November rain?)

However, a lot of the songs used in the game did not have fully produced music videos, so unless you use the ā€˜bare bonesā€™ ones from the backdrop at their concerts (humping skeleton pun intended), then you wouldnā€™t have the source material to do it.

What would REALLY be cool is if someone could substitute the Live at the Ritz live footage for those songs that were around back then, so you get Peak young axl, but the timings would certainly be way off and that would require a lot of manual work

#11710 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Extremely cool Scream! Very nice neon my mate, and that place Man Cave Madness seems to be my kind of place too

If any fellow Canadians are interested in ordering from the place that makes these neon signs, PM me. Maybe we can get a deal on the shipping. Last time I checked, the GnR neon was 260Euro but the shipping was 240Euro extra. They also have Kiss and Led Zeppelin signs as well. Thanks.

https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8384-guns-n-roses-neon/

https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8370-2-guns-n-roses-neon-guitar/

#11711 2 years ago

I was under the impression the concert footage was edited and synced as best of their ability to match the album master tracks.

#11712 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I was under the impression the concert footage was edited and synced as best of their ability to match the album master tracks.

Correct

#11713 2 years ago

I told JJP about the pooling on my CE and they sent me this.

9772E43D-EB3F-4A96-A92E-EFD68B78A24A (resized).jpeg9772E43D-EB3F-4A96-A92E-EFD68B78A24A (resized).jpeg
#11714 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

[quoted image]

Tell him what he's won, Bob!

#11715 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

[quoted image]

Thats why Marco had sold out of the 10-32 posts.

#11716 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

[quoted image]

So are the posts in the right bag needing washers too? I only did my posts like the ones in the left bag

#11717 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got a Guns N Roses neon today .
It's way too big for a topper , but still looks pretty cool .
Anyone in Melbourne , I would highly recommend checking out man cave madness , they have heaps of cool stuff and easily over 50 pins .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see the GNR one in that Mancave Madness store?

#11718 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So are the posts in the right bag needing washers too? I only did my posts like the ones in the left bag

Posts in the right bag are for under the slings which, to my knowledge, already have washers installed from factory. The bag on the left is the important one.

#11719 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Posts in the right bag are for under the slings which, to my knowledge, already have washers installed from factory. The bag on the left is the important one.

arenā€™t those posts on the right the same as whatā€™s already there?

#11720 2 years ago

Attached is the picture of the post that they have used in my game (the one on the left, build date 04/21).

Is it better to replace it with the post on the right and put it through the original tee nut and add a nut after that?

I read that the thickness of the post is important and I would be replacing the thicker original post with a narrower post though!

Thanks for your help!

IMG_0765 (resized).jpgIMG_0765 (resized).jpg
#11721 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

[quoted image]

What is the size of the posts on the JJP fix-package and where to order those posts? Will they fit through the original tee-nuts?
I bet I could get them quicker from some pinball shop than from JJP.

#11722 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Attached is the picture of the post that they have used in my game (the one on the left, build date 04/21).
Is it better to replace it with the post on the right and put it through the original tee nut and add a nut after that?
I read that the thickness of the post is important and I would be replacing the thicker original post with a narrower post though!
Thanks for your help!
[quoted image]

Yikes! I figured the thicker post on the left was the fix. We are going thinner and leaving a larger gap?

#11723 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yikes! I figured the thicker post on the left was the fix. We are going thinner and leaving a larger gap?

The ones on the left were on my GnR originally, I was planning to replace them with the ones on the right. Well, yes, you are right, they are too thin, I ordered these ones: https://pu-parts.com/1-7/8-Tall-Metal-Post

#11724 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

[quoted image]

Mmm, I was kinda hoping this kit would be correct fix.

If the new posts have the narrow diameter this is not a good fix.

We need a big hard post in a very tight hole please JJP.

#11725 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

We need a big hard post in a very tight hole please JJP.

Mmm Oh yes please!! Now youā€™re really on to something!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11726 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have a few questions on my CE GNR that maybe someone can answer.
1. My spotlights were not moving in all 4 directions especially the right spotlight when facing the machine. JJP sent me new ones and I finally got around to replacing them this morning. The spotlights move in all 4 directions but the right spotlight does not have as big of a range of motion as the left spotlight. It is better than the old one, but still does not move in as big of a range of motion as the left one. Is this normal?
2. I noticed that when I first started playing the game the right diverter would work so the ball would feed to the right upper flipper instead of the inlane. I haven't seen that happen in a while so I did a the diverter test. It worked in test mode but it did make a loud humming noise to divert down and it also said cooling (see picture) after going up on the machine. Is this normal? If so, in what mode does the diverter go down so I can actually test in the machine while playing to see if it works.

1. The range of horizontal motion for the right spotlight is not as great as the one on the left, due to obstructions with the backpanel or display or something. It's never been able to go farther right than "straight ahead".

2. The diverter test would allow you to operate the diverter far more frequently than it ever does in the game, which would lead to unpleasant smoke and smells. So the test mode enforces a cooling period and doesn't let you abuse it like that. As you discovered, it works fine under normal game conditions. The buzzing is just how the coil is driven, which you don't hear with the glass on and the game sounds going, but becomes really obvious with the glass off and testing the diverter.

#11727 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If any fellow Canadians are interested in ordering from the place that makes these neon signs, PM me. Maybe we can get a deal on the shipping. Last time I checked, the GnR neon was 260Euro but the shipping was 240Euro extra. They also have Kiss and Led Zeppelin signs as well. Thanks.
https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8384-guns-n-roses-neon/
https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8370-2-guns-n-roses-neon-guitar/

You can't believe everything you read .
This is the company that distributed my sign
https://www.neonetics.com/
They have distributors all over the place .
And no , they're not made in the Netherlands and mine came in the double box with foam , at no extra charge .

Quoted from allsportdvd:

I don't see the GNR one in that Mancave Madness store?

Google Guns N Roses neon sign / shopping and the eBay site should come up .

IMG_20210628_213108 (resized).jpgIMG_20210628_213108 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205607 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205607 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205618 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205618 (resized).jpgIMG_20210628_215331 (resized).jpgIMG_20210628_215331 (resized).jpg
#11728 2 years ago

I hate asking such a noob question but I can't seem to find this documented anywhere on here. What size rubber do you suggest for the outlane posts?

I'm getting a lot of drains on that left side and wanted to test adding a small rubber to the currently bare middle outlane, but not sure what size to order. Every time I guess and buy I end up spending $7 in shipping for a .07 cent part, so figured I'd do the more sensible thing and ask the experts this time around!

#11729 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I hate asking such a noob question but I can't seem to find this documented anywhere on here. What size rubber do you suggest for the outlane posts?
I'm getting a lot of drains on that left side and wanted to test adding a small rubber to the currently bare middle outlane, but not sure what size to order. Every time I guess and buy I end up spending $7 in shipping for a .07 cent part, so figured I'd do the more sensible thing and ask the experts this time around!

Thought rubbers for those posts were in the goody bag that shipped with the game?

#11730 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Adding a rubber to the post between the two inlanes will cause MORE drains, not less. Youā€™ll end up getting bounces off the post to the left outlane.

There are two placement options for the left outlane post - make sure it is in the upper position. This will cause less drains on the left.

Upper position pictured here:

9B938283-50E6-485B-B55F-33EEBAA96829 (resized).jpeg9B938283-50E6-485B-B55F-33EEBAA96829 (resized).jpeg

#11731 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You can't believe everything you read .
This is the company that distributed my sign
https://www.neonetics.com/
They have distributors all over the place .
And no , they're not made in the Netherlands and mine came in the double box with foam , at no extra charge .

Google Guns N Roses neon sign / shopping and the eBay site should come up .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I contacted Neonetics in the US and they told me they don't make a GnR sign. Was hoping to find one in North America.

#11732 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

You can increase the size of the outlane post rubbers to 7/64. No rubber should be in the post in the middle in lane

#11733 2 years ago

So, my right orbit to left flipper shot is hitting the left sling and not going to the left flipper. I know itā€™s been suggested to slightly bend the left rail in. However, how do people suggest doing this? Completely remove the entire rail and slightly bend? Or remove plastics and try to bend while installed? Thank you!

#11734 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thats why Marco had sold out of the 10-32 posts.

Great News! The Mini post 10-32 bottom .875 inch stud is now back in stock! (Product ID 530-5005-00)

Click the following link to view the details for item: 530-5005-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5005-00

#11735 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Great News! The Mini post 10-32 bottom .875 inch stud is now back in stock! (Product ID 530-5005-00)
Click the following link to view the details for item: 530-5005-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5005-00

Did you receive notification about that? Because when I tried to order, it showed as in stock but they emailed me after I ordered to say it wasnā€™t.

In any case Pinball Spare Parts Australia had some if any one needs them and Marco doesnā€™t have them.

#11736 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, my right orbit to left flipper shot is hitting the left sling and not going to the left flipper. I know itā€™s been suggested to slightly bend the left rail in. However, how do people suggest doing this?

I just loosened the nut underneath at the end of the rail closest to the left slingshot, wedged a screwdriver between it and the post right to the left of it, and held it there as I tightened the nut underneath. It worked great but I need to do it again and make it tighter next time.

#11737 2 years ago

Seems funny all you guys supporting Marco for fixes to the issues they've caused.

Brilliant plan from them of course to onsell the bits to fix there own fuckups.

#11738 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seems funny all you guys supporting Marco for fixes to the issues they've caused.
Brilliant plan from them of course to onsell the bits to fix there own fuckups.

Two completely different businesses mate.

Marco
Mirco

#11739 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Two completely different businesses mate.
Marco
Mirco

Ahhh, good stuff, please excuse me and go on about your business.

istockphoto-1187424615-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-1187424615-612x612 (resized).jpg

#11740 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did you receive notification about that? Because when I tried to order, it showed as in stock but they emailed me after I ordered to say it wasnā€™t.
In any case Pinball Spare Parts Australia had some if any one needs them and Marco doesnā€™t have them.

Nice. Yep, I posted immediately after I got the back in stock email from them. They should fix their website.
I guess JJP beat you to it.

#11741 2 years ago

crap. dbl post....hate it when I do that

#11742 2 years ago

Hello Fellas

Well just powered up my new LE and am very pleased thus far. Stunning game!! Couple quick questions pleaseā€¦. I had to slightly bend the ā€œcatchā€ that skids down into the rectangular hole in the lock bar assembly for the playfield as it just wasnā€™t getting there. Not much but a little. Donā€™t know if anyone else has faced this. I am guessing that the foam in the back of the cab keeps the playfield very tight?!

Also I have two wires that got fatter somehow at the very back of the playfield. Please see picture. Looks like they were rubbing on something?? Any ideas fir remedy here? Liquid stuff they sell to repair wire insulation?? New harness?? Thank you guys. First nib and a little nervous. Havenā€™t even played the game yet. It was built 5/21 and appears to have the washer fixed in place and is running 1.21 code. Thank you guys!!

George

#11743 2 years ago

Dokey. Forgot to add picture

E6E55517-71C7-4CE6-B97F-2A48060471D2 (resized).jpegE6E55517-71C7-4CE6-B97F-2A48060471D2 (resized).jpeg
#11744 2 years ago

The above picture originally had the wires going over the top of the wood that is why you can see a small indentation! I moved them to sit as they are pictured now

#11745 2 years ago

Clearly that was installed in the wrong spot from the factory. First time the playfield was put back in probably did the damage.
Tape them up and order a new harness. should be fine if not broken right through. For now.

#11746 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I just loosened the nut underneath at the end of the rail closest to the left slingshot, wedged a screwdriver between it and the post right to the left of it, and held it there as I tightened the nut underneath. It worked great but I need to do it again and make it tighter next time.

This worked great! Thank you!

#11747 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello Fellas
Well just powered up my new LE and am very pleased thus far. Stunning game!! Couple quick questions pleaseā€¦. I had to slightly bend the ā€œcatchā€ that skids down into the rectangular hole in the lock bar assembly for the playfield as it just wasnā€™t getting there. Not much but a little. Donā€™t know if anyone else has faced this. I am guessing that the foam in the back of the cab keeps the playfield very tight?!
Also I have two wires that got fatter somehow at the very back of the playfield. Please see picture. Looks like they were rubbing on something?? Any ideas fir remedy here? Liquid stuff they sell to repair wire insulation?? New harness?? Thank you guys. First nib and a little nervous. Havenā€™t even played the game yet. It was built 5/21 and appears to have the washer fixed in place and is running 1.21 code. Thank you guys!!
George

Liquid electrical tape would be perfect there. But definitely open a ticket and they will send you a new assembly

#11748 2 years ago

Finally grew a brain cell n listened to the vets w the scoop .Pull off ,screw to 2x4. use tape on hood ,squeeze pliers and twist sweet spot 10/10 shots .Apologies for all the chaos .The GnR lane was just the switch was twisted up bent back to match others wallah.Have 1 pooling post (the one by the A),will be using the small iron before installing the mylar ring n I donā€™t care after that this game is the shit .Funny thing is after fixed those issues last night played a game with a quick drain first ball just trying to see if all worked .Started 2 songs Better 144 and This ILove 117 (stared at my dick during instead of looking for shots) then the Slash solo (They canā€™t wreck the masters solo w this scoring much longer)and ended with my highest score yet 27.6.Great night and thanks to all for the help.

#11749 2 years ago

Oh and if someone has Dereks number call him and get him back in the mix .Itā€™s boring without him .

#11750 2 years ago

Does anybody offer an left ramp airball protector yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 235 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/235 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.