IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 568.
#11652 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Not where i ordered mine but it is the same one.

Maybe post your link for fans in Europe that want one and would like to save on shipping.

#11653 2 years ago

Is the "Not In This Life Time" speaker set on the right hand side supposed to light up or is it just decals? Mine has that a light that shines on the playfield but the top of the speakers don't light up.

#11654 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe post your link for fans in Europe that want one and would like to save on shipping.

mine came also out of the usa so it it really is not much of a difference i think.

#11655 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

mine came also out of the usa so it it really is not much of a difference i think.

A big rolled up rug cannot be cheap to ship to UK
All good stuff is always overseas....

#11656 2 years ago

That rug looks awesome.

I finally pulled off a 6-ball power chord jackpot tonight, what a rush that was! So far my top score is only 45,000,000 or so, which doesn’t even equal some of the song jackpots I’ve heard and seen people lose.

100 plays logged now on this beast of a machine. Finally had to tighten up coil stop screws tonight, and made a small adjustment on the lower right flipper because it had a tendency to get hung up inside the coil at times. Smooth sailing otherwise.

#11657 2 years ago

Just got my gnr limited edition today. Flawless in every way. I'm amazed and relieved that there are no issues. All I can say is that gnr makes potc look and play like an old Gottlieb. The art, music, and lights are flawlessly integrated and it shoots way better than expected. Eric is a BOSS.

This game is probably one of the best games of all time. Top 5 I've ever played

Such a masterpiece my goodness!!!!!

My son is IN LOVE with this game, so bonus points for sure. Happy as hell! Cheers pinsiders!!!

16246986865576332909025716811373 (resized).jpg16246986865576332909025716811373 (resized).jpg20210625_141212 (resized).jpg20210625_141212 (resized).jpg20210625_142655 (resized).jpg20210625_142655 (resized).jpg
#11658 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the rotating concert stage lights are more reliable on the latest builds? Curious if JJP has made any improvements.

#11659 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know if the rotating concert stage lights are more reliable on the latest builds? Curious if JJP has made any improvements.

not what I see in mine (Apr 2021 build) nor what Ive read in our german pin forum. JJP improved the SW with 1.22 for the spots.
Many guys are upset about the broken spotlights and the defected magnet.

#11660 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That’s why they suck….crappy scoring

Yes but it’s the easiest thing imaginable to fix. The actual gameplay design etc is there...

#11661 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No issues with my May build after about 200 plays

#11662 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Is the "Not In This Life Time" speaker set on the right hand side supposed to light up or is it just decals? Mine has that a light that shines on the playfield but the top of the speakers don't light up.

The speakers do not light up. They are just decals. If you want them to light up, get the Pinstadium Concert Edition! It adds a ton of light to the game in a great way.

#11663 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

There is a service outlet just inside the coin door to right. It's always on when machine is plugged in

Could you use a 12v tap from somewhere in the game? Or would power draw be too much? (Thank you!)

#11664 2 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Could you use a 12v tap from somewhere in the game? Or would power draw be too much? (Thank you!)

Use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WV7GMA2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_EJNJDT5ENSZ9HJ7QZC71

Insert your 12v signal from the machine into the side and plug this surge protector into the service outlet. Then you can have whatever you want turning on and off with the machine without affecting the machine's power supply.

#11665 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nah. Just create a small adapter. Unplug connector from board, plug connecter into adapter. Adapter goes to the board on one end, has wires going out for LEDs on the other.

Anybody know what size JST or other moles connector this is between the board and its connectors to the original led strips?

#11666 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

A big rolled up rug cannot be cheap to ship to UK
All good stuff is always overseas....

I mean this in the kindest possible way, but doesn’t that come with the territory of living on an island?

#11667 2 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Don't remember what this was in reference to, but if it was the additional under cab and backbox lighting, they actually draw a good amount of power considering they are led. I wouldn't recommend tapping into the machine.

#11668 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Many guys are upset about the broken spotlights and the defected magnet.

Is there a magnet in this game? If so where and what is it's purpose?

#11669 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Is there a magnet in this game? If so where and what is it's purpose?

Top lanes. Used to grab ball when AXL is lit for frenzy or collecting out of song. And also for a cool extra ball effect.

#11670 2 years ago

I got a Guns N Roses neon today .
It's way too big for a topper , but still looks pretty cool .
Anyone in Melbourne , I would highly recommend checking out man cave madness , they have heaps of cool stuff and easily over 50 pins .

IMG20210626185710 (resized).jpgIMG20210626185710 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021331 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021331 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023059 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023059 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023201 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023201 (resized).jpg
#11671 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got a Guns N Roses neon today .
It's way too big for a topper , but still looks pretty cool .
Anyone in Melbourne , I would highly recommend checking out man cave madness , they have heaps of cool stuff and easily over 50 pins .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Extremely cool Scream! Very nice neon my mate, and that place Man Cave Madness seems to be my kind of place too

#11672 2 years ago

Just the Tip:
For those of you who don’t like Desert demolition or thirst for carnage and/or aren’t a fan of the high risk / low reward, go into settings and set those modes to easy.

#11673 2 years ago

I have a few questions on my CE GNR that maybe someone can answer.

1. My spotlights were not moving in all 4 directions especially the right spotlight when facing the machine. JJP sent me new ones and I finally got around to replacing them this morning. The spotlights move in all 4 directions but the right spotlight does not have as big of a range of motion as the left spotlight. It is better than the old one, but still does not move in as big of a range of motion as the left one. Is this normal?

2. I noticed that when I first started playing the game the right diverter would work so the ball would feed to the right upper flipper instead of the inlane. I haven't seen that happen in a while so I did a the diverter test. It worked in test mode but it did make a loud humming noise to divert down and it also said cooling (see picture) after going up on the machine. Is this normal? If so, in what mode does the diverter go down so I can actually test in the machine while playing to see if it works.

3. I found these screws just sitting in the cabinet. They are about a cm long. Any ideas where they go?

IMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0059 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPG
#11674 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I mean this in the kindest possible way, but doesn’t that come with the territory of living on an island?

Add BREXIT nonsense to that, and it gets a lot worse. The new thing the UK is trying where shippers have to collect the VAT for the UK govt for anything under about $200 and send it to the UK directly is nonsense. I removed UK shipping from the Pinmonk store because of it. Fortunately I recently figured out that if I went to the retail counter at the post office I could get around it, but that's more time for me and higher rates because I can't use the discounted software to ship, so UK shipping is now $10 more across the board to allow for that.

Craziness.

#11675 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

1. My spotlights were not moving in all 4 directions especially the right spotlight when facing the machine. JJP sent me new ones and I finally got around to replacing them this morning. The spotlights move in all 4 directions but the right spotlight does not have as big of a range of motion as the left spotlight. It is better than the old one, but still does not move in as big of a range of motion as the left one. Is this normal?
2. I noticed that when I first started playing the game the right diverter would work so the ball would feed to the right upper flipper instead of the inlane. I haven't seen that happen in a while so I did a the diverter test. It worked in test mode but it did make a loud humming noise to divert down and it also said cooling (see picture) after going up on the machine. Is this normal? If so, in what mode does the diverter go down so I can actually test in the machine while playing to see if it works.
3. I found these screws just sitting in the cabinet. They are about a cm long. Any ideas where they go?[quoted image][quoted image]

1. Make sure you’re on 1.22 code. They did limit their movement with that code. You may still have a problem though so sorry if this isn’t much help.

2. There’s an insert under right ramp (backstage?) that lights when the diverter is going to activate. Civil war is a perfect song to play to test it as its always lit.

3. Sorry can’t help ya.

#11676 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

3. I found these screws just sitting in the cabinet. They are about a cm long. Any ideas where they go?[quoted image][quoted image]

3) There’s a circuit board under the playfield with a bunch of network cables going into it. Check to see if that board has 4 screws holding it in place.

#11677 2 years ago

My clean shots to the right loop end up hitting the top of the left sling. I bent the left loop lane rail out a bit to get the shot to hit left flipper. But it always finds its way back to hitting the top of the sling. That just how its supposed to be?

#11678 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I controll all my machines with wifi surge protectors integrated into alexa, you can just say alexa turn on guns n roses. . . And you can give each outlet on surge protector a unique name.

Smart idea (especially with the added Surge protector. Is it an all in one, or separate wifi outlets to one surge protector or? Do you have a link to your choice? I am interested in your setup, thank you!

#11679 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. Make sure you’re on 1.22 code. They did limit their movement with that code. You may still have a problem though so sorry if this isn’t much help.
2. There’s an insert under right ramp (backstage?) that lights when the diverter is going to activate. Civil war is a perfect song to play to test it as its always lit.
3. Sorry can’t help ya.

The right diverter is working. I tried it in civil war. You are right, the detour insert under the ramp lights up when diverter is ready to activate. Something new I learned.

I thought had downloaded to 1.22, but I am still on 1.16. I tried to download wirelessly and after it downloaded the zip drive it said if I wanted to download and I hit the start the button. It downloaded and restarted but I still was on version 1.16. I did that a couple more times and still the same thing. My wireless network is fine. Should I just try and do it with usb stick?

#11680 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

The right diverter is working. I tried it in civil war. You are right, the detour insert under the ramp lights up when diverter is ready to activate. Something new I learned.
I thought had downloaded to 1.22, but I am still on 1.16. I tried to download wirelessly and after it downloaded the zip drive it said if I wanted to download and I hit the start the button. It downloaded and restarted but I still was on version 1.16. I did that a couple more times and still the same thing. My wireless network is fine. Should I just try and do it with usb stick?

You HAVE to update from USB stick from versions 1.15-1.17 since the wifi updates are broken in those versions.

If you click on the topic index at the top of any page in this thread, there's an entry for this, "TECH: CODE. Notice for users on 1.15-1.17 code" (click on keypost summary will put all the tech entries together on the list so it's easier to find).

#11681 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You HAVE to update from USB stick from versions 1.15-1.17 since the wifi updates are broken in those versions.

I downloaded the delta file for the update but there is no zip file as per the instructions say to extract. Anybody know what files I need to put on usb stick or do I need to do a full download on usb stick. I am confused. Thank you.

#11682 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I downloaded the delta file for the update but there is no zip file as per the instructions say to extract. Anybody know what files I need to put on usb stick or do I need to do a full download on usb stick. I am confused. Thank you.

You need to download the full install 1.22 version ISO here:
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GunsNRoses-v01.22.iso

Instructions for a full install are here:
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#11683 2 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Smart idea (especially with the added Surge protector. Is it an all in one, or separate wifi outlets to one surge protector or? Do you have a link to your choice? I am interested in your setup, thank you!

You can control each outlet seperate with unique names. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J9YDHQT

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1ZSCYV

These are 2 examples that I have.

#11684 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Add BREXIT nonsense to that, and it gets a lot worse. The new thing the UK is trying where shippers have to collect the VAT for the UK govt for anything under about $200 and send it to the UK directly is nonsense. I removed UK shipping from the Pinmonk store because of it. Fortunately I recently figured out that if I went to the retail counter at the post office I could get around it, but that's more time for me and higher rates because I can't use the discounted software to ship, so UK shipping is now $10 more across the board to allow for that.
Craziness.

Thanks for taking the time to finding a way around the political bs. Happy to pay a few buck more for some of your awesome stuff and us thrifty fellas will pool our orders to split the carriage anyway!

#11685 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Thanks for taking the time to finding a way around the political bs. Happy to pay a few buck more for some of your awesome stuff and us thrifty fellas will pool our orders to split the carriage anyway!

Yeah, pooled orders are the way to go for the UK. Makes the shipping almost reasonable if you can get 3 or so to go in on an order at the same time.

EU is doing the same thing with pre-collected VAT starting July 1, EXCEPT that they are limiting the precollection of VAT and electronic remit of collected funds by sellers to EU member countries, so there's no change for the USA, which makes a whole lot more sense.

#11686 2 years ago

OK, sorry this may be a dumb question as I was monkeying around in the Service Menu to do some testing. What Difficulty Level does the GnR NITL LE default to when shipped?

#11687 2 years ago

You always have the option of restoring the factory default settings.

Quoted from websherpa:

OK, sorry this may be a dumb question as I was monkeying around in the Service Menu to do some testing. What Difficulty Level does the GnR NITL LE default to when shipped?

#11688 2 years ago

How cool would it be if someone made a mod that plays the music video for each song instead of the concert footage? Like you could select either one when you select the song

#11689 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

How cool would it be if someone made a mod that plays the music video for each song instead of the concert footage? Like you could select either one when you select the song

It wouldn't really make sense in the context of the game (concert) and the lighting likely wouldn't sync because of different timings. I would like younger Axl, but that's too much to give up.

#11690 2 years ago

Thought you guys might like this solution as an alternative to having voice activated outlets for the additional light bars mod for your LE:

#11691 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thought you guys might like this solution as an alternative to having voice activated outlets for the additional light bars mod for your LE:

Wow that's really cool and really appreciate the video you made . Now if you made a video with all the parts needed and the step by step installation process that would be awesome
( for a know nothing's like me )

#11692 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Wow that's really cool and really appreciate the video you made . Now if you made a video with all the parts needed and the step by step installation process that would be awesome
( for a know nothing's like me )

Will do!

#11693 2 years ago

You legend , I am a bit jealous of the CE owners because I said to myself I had to play it , before I brought it and I think the art package looks unreal .
But if you can make the exterior hot rails work on the LE , that is just awesome .

#11694 2 years ago

I don’t always hit the scoop, and when I struggle the most, it’s usually when it’s time for applause jackpot. Goodbye, potential high score. It was nice to see what could have been.

This game rocks, even when it destroys me.

#11695 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thank you for posting that. Can you post links to LED components you used? A video of how you hooked it all together would be much appreciated.

#11696 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I found a nasty bug in 1.13 code:
During Mr Brownstone I had a nice big Applause jackpot that I hit and still had 3 other balls in play. I got the encore. But the game became locked in an “Encore” feedback loop. It showed the Encore animation on the screen, flippers went dead, all balls in the trough, the audio chanted “Encore! Encore! Encore!” endlessly. No balls hung up. Couldn’t even tilt out of it. The game just kept looping this Encore animation. Couldn’t even enter the service menu screen. Had to turn power off and on. Also sucks bc I had a HUGE game going.

Had this happen to me last night. Was able to open coin door and use my hand to pop a new ball in the trough. Game auto-plunged it, flippers were dead until ball drained. Then game came back to where it should have been... Maybe a ball count bug?

#11697 2 years ago

This is likely a dumb question… but what tool are people using to remove the posts on their GnR machines to repair the playfields?
None of my sockets are deep enough to fit over the post

Are people just using a wrench?

Happy to buy what I need… just looking for some advice on what is the easiest/best tool for the job.

Thanks!

#11698 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Thank you for posting that. Can you post links to LED components you used? A video of how you hooked it all together would be much appreciated.

Will do. I used the products linked by brerspidur and fooflighter earlier in this thread. I'll put together a video in the next week or so.

#11699 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

This is likely a dumb question… but what tool are people using to remove the posts on their GnR machines to repair the playfields?
None of my sockets are deep enough to fit over the post
Are people just using a wrench?
Happy to buy what I need… just looking for some advice on what is the easiest/best tool for the job.
Thanks!

You want a deep socket set similar to this though obviously Imperial (not metric)…..I got mine from a mechanic tool supplier….make sure it goes right down to the small size sockets.

57B3D46A-29B5-4D50-BDA7-0CE4113C68BB (resized).jpeg57B3D46A-29B5-4D50-BDA7-0CE4113C68BB (resized).jpeg

C4FF5455-926C-40DB-AD55-7219E39E35FD (resized).jpegC4FF5455-926C-40DB-AD55-7219E39E35FD (resized).jpeg
#11700 2 years ago

After installing my new top magnet coil from JJP I played one game and the magnet grabbed the ball perfectly. Once.
It has never grabbed it again.
I put the game in coil test mode and when I hit the start button the magnet will repel the ball but it does not grab it.
Is the normal?
When during a game should this magnet be active?
My old broken coil would not do anything in the coil test mode so at least this one is doing something.
Just wish it would grab the ball during a game like I know it should.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/234?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.