IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 568.
#11601 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

You clearly haven’t meet many Australians

You funny bastard , I'll let you have that as you won the world Cup in test cricket

#11602 2 years ago

mezel clear shooter lane protectors are back in stock, btw, guys. mine's on it's way.

#11603 2 years ago

Didn't someone recently post pictures of their new LE with black plastic washers installed under posts? I can't seem to find that pic. I'm wondering if JJP just used the plastic washers or the original metal washer with the black plastic washer underneath? Double washer or single?

#11604 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone know what the Fog switch does on the upper playfield?
I’m still looking for the Special
For those that bought mirror blades that fit perfect, where did you buy them?
I added a Polk subwoofer yesterday and wow what a difference!

Mirror blades available at Tilt Graphics.

#11605 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Mirror blades available at Tilt Graphics.

I bought those and installed them but the back side hits a piece of wood so they don't center over the hinge screw perfectly. But its close enough honestly. Screw goes back in fine albeit clipping a little bit of the blade. No one will notice while playing.

#11606 2 years ago

Kind of disturbing that nearly 50% of posts over the last 50 pages are related to playfield problems and/or fixes.

#11607 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Well I think it is going to be a good rest of the week. I pick up my GnR tomorrow and Friday my corvette gets built (ordered in Nov 19). I was bummed out today because my beloved Naso Tang died. I cant believe how attached I get to fish.......

Were you an April allocation?(corvette) I've been waiting on mine about as long as you, currently preliminary tpw of 8/2

#11608 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I bought those and installed them but the back side hits a piece of wood so they don't center over the hinge screw perfectly. But its close enough honestly. Screw goes back in fine albeit clipping a little bit of the blade. No one will notice while playing.

Mine did the same thing. Cut a quarter an inch off the back using a dremmel tool and they fit perfectly. Like you said, it's likely not noticeable but I really wanted it to be flush.

#11609 2 years ago

Game number 532 is in the house! Build date 6/21 with a playfield date of May 21. Black and clear washers with steel washers and nylocked throughbolts on the posts. No playfield or other issues upon initial inspection. Will insect today again after about 25 plays on it last night.

After playing a few games and loving it It seems like I'm in constant multiball. I fiddled with the settings a bit but haven't really been able to change that. Does anyone else feel that way and or have any setting suggestions?

5ACBCAD3-5F7A-4E2D-9C84-0C7E74380036 (resized).jpeg5ACBCAD3-5F7A-4E2D-9C84-0C7E74380036 (resized).jpegEA92DB85-2843-4D00-88BC-346B92AC469B (resized).jpegEA92DB85-2843-4D00-88BC-346B92AC469B (resized).jpeg
#11610 2 years ago

The game is pretty much a constant multiball. That’s just the way it is.

#11611 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The game is pretty much a constant multiball. That’s just the way it is.

I guess I better pop open an energy drink before I start playing again then!

#11612 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Welcome to the jungle baby!

#11613 2 years ago

66D6D1DB-0BD4-4298-B742-2F2CAB6E29A1.gif66D6D1DB-0BD4-4298-B742-2F2CAB6E29A1.gif
#11614 2 years ago

Game number 532 is in the house! Build date 6/21 with a playfield date of May 21. Black and clear washers with steel washers and nylocked throughbolts on the posts. No playfield or other issues upon initial inspection. Will insect today again after about 25 plays on it last night.
After playing a few games and loving it It seems like I'm in constant multiball. I fiddled with the settings a bit but haven't really been able to change that. Does anyone else feel that way and or have any setting suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! When did you order it?

#11615 2 years ago

Today my shooter rod from art of pinball arrived. The holy trinity is complete and i can't stop drooling while looking at it. Now the wait for his topper reveal begins..simply lovely.

20210624_173023 (resized).jpg20210624_173023 (resized).jpg20210624_173059 (resized).jpg20210624_173059 (resized).jpg20210624_173725 (resized).jpg20210624_173725 (resized).jpg20210624_173804 (resized).jpg20210624_173804 (resized).jpg20210624_173809 (resized).jpg20210624_173809 (resized).jpg20210624_180344 (resized).jpg20210624_180344 (resized).jpg
#11616 2 years ago

Has anyone posted about duplicating the image from the mini-screen onto a separate monitor/tv? I have seen some people post pictures of this being done but not sure if there is a post explaining the process? Thanks for the help!

#11617 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone posted about duplicating the image from the mini-screen onto a separate monitor/tv? I have seen some people post pictures of this being done but not sure if there is a post explaining the process? Thanks for the help!

If the mini-screen is hdmi, you just need an hdmi splitter. If it's mini-hdmi, a little more complicated, but they make those, too.

Not a recommendation, but something like this I just grabbed because it came up first in the search:
https://www.amazon.com/HD-102-Powered-Splitter-Certified-Support/dp/B005HXFARS

#11618 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

if there is a post explaining the process?

Somewhere on the JJP threads it's detailed. Signal splitter off of the motherboard to the one in the game and one not in the game.

LTG : )

#11619 2 years ago

I feel 6 balls is a little much on this layout. I decreased my max song ball saver and increased the powerchord timer to help with it. I’ll dig in this weekend to see if there’s more settings to help the clutter, but overall Once you learn how to camp balls in the powerchord lock, it’s not so bad.

#11620 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Congrats! When did you order it?

October

#11621 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I feel 6 balls is a little much on this layout. I decreased my max song ball saver and increased the powerchord timer to help with it. I’ll dig in this weekend to see if there’s more settings to help the clutter, but overall Once you learn how to camp balls in the powerchord lock, it’s not so bad.

Thanks I’ll make those changes too!

#11622 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The small PF monitor is HDMI. The larger monitor is DVI on the CPU end, HDMI on the monitor end. So yes, an HDMI splitter is what you’ll need either way.

The resolution has to match EXACTLY or it won’t work when attempting to duplicate either monitor. Trust me. The larger monitor is 1920x1080 and the smaller PF monitor is 800x480.

If you are trying to put a monitor on the apron, make sure the daughterboard has an HDMI input. Most of these monitors have a daughterboard->monitor ribbon cable that is pretty short - another issue to figure out. The bezel color you get will be luck of the draw as you’ll more than likely be ordering direct from China via eBay or Alibaba.

I’m awaiting a monitor from China and will post my results when it comes in.

#11623 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's the key to the songs. You've really gotta hone in on the guitar lock and stack balls up there. I'm always going for that powerchord lock.

It's so important to be used the de-clutter, I've ofter wondered how you would manage it on a standard without the upper playfield. Huge game changer there.

#11624 2 years ago

I’ve thought of increasing the song ball save time just to let balls drain as they take a little time to come back in play .Just to try to get more time with 1-2 balls before the chaos begins.Any thoughts on this theory?

#11625 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve thought of increasing the song ball save time just to let balls drain as they take a little time to come back in play .Just to try to get more time with 1-2 balls before the chaos begins.Any thoughts on this theory?

Doesn’t sound good in theory to me. But does get me thinking. I wonder if KEEFER can use his brainpower to create some kind of rule:
• reduce ball saver time drastically
• songs start with one ball
• lockdown bar button is then used to add your additional ‘locked’ balls into play. So if you have 4 locked balls at the beginning of a song, then you get to use the action button at anytime to add a ball into play. The more balls you have in play, the higher your song level. out lane switch temporary disables the action button.

I don’t know. Food for thought. A little late in the game to change those rules though probably.

#11626 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Doesn’t sound good in theory to me. But does get me thinking. I wonder if KEEFER can use his brainpower to create some kind of rule:
• lockdown bar button is then used to add your additional ‘locked’ balls into play. So if you have 4 locked balls at the beginning of a song, then you get to use the action button at anytime to add a ball into play. The more balls you have in play, the higher your song level. out lane switch temporary disables the action button.
I don’t know. Food for thought. A little late in the game to change those rules though probably.

That’s very interesting I like it .Either way I love this pin it’s so exiting .It’s just if you do what’s correct and lock the 6 it’s so hard to hit anything your aiming for .I find myself just starring at the flippers until I get down to 3 balls .

#11627 2 years ago

I must add I probably lock 6 every 12-15 songs lmao .

#11628 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s very interesting I like it .Either way I love this pin it’s so exiting .It’s just if you do what’s correct and lock the 6 it’s so hard to hit anything your aiming for .I find myself just starring at the flippers until I get down to 3 balls .

Agreed. One strategy I’ve been going with lately is not necessarily going for boosters and just get into a song quickly as possible. I can usually build one ball up to 4 fairly quickly. Then if I drain to 1 ball, cash out, and rush to get back into a song. It’s been working well and finding some good results with score as well. Plus, it lets me go for other patches I normally don’t go for, like horn hands or poster/tshirt combo to trap up safely.

#11629 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dunno, Lyman changed The Walking Dead rules massively almost a year after release...and turned the game from a turd into an amazing classic.

It's never too late.

#11630 2 years ago

You guys just using alligator clips for a sub, or does jjp have an actual rca out jack somewhere in the cab for sub wires?

#11631 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You guys just using alligator clips for a sub, or does jjp have an actual rca out jack somewhere in the cab for sub wires?

I used alligator clips

#11632 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That would be cool. Really like the pin and I’m a huge GnR fan but I feel like I’m missing all the great assets because I’m always staring at the flippers!

#11633 2 years ago

If you think of each song as a mode and then if you consider each of the multiple stages within a song as a mode, then one could say this game has quite a few modes.

#11634 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My LE cab speaker had secondary male connections. So I took 14 gauge speaker wire and crimped on female connectors. Hooked onto the cab speaker and to the speaker level inputs on the sub. Best $120 I’ve ever spent. Now the songs are fuller and you can set your bass how you like it

#11635 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

My LE cab speaker had secondary male connections. So I took 14 gauge speaker wire and crimped on female connectors. Hooked onto the cab speaker and to the speaker level inputs on the sub. Best $120 I’ve ever spent. Now the songs are fuller and you can set your bass how you like it

Yea in my case I just clipped the alligators onto the secondary ‘male’ tabs

#11636 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Were you an April allocation?(corvette) I've been waiting on mine about as long as you, currently preliminary tpw of 8/2

I was March 26

#11637 2 years ago

So glad I got this game. What an adrenaline rush. It’s also what I always wanted a music pin to be, yet it still exceeded my expectations. 50 long, beat the crap out of it plays in, not a single issue in any of the potential problem areas. A cymbal nut came loose, and flipper fade happens but that’s it so far.

#11638 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Today my shooter rod from art of pinball arrived. The holy trinity is complete and i can't stop drooling while looking at it. Now the wait for his topper reveal begins..simply lovely.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry if been asked a million times.....
Where did you acquire that rug?
Are they for sale somewhere?

#11640 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

There is an unused connection on the sound board, if you have an LE. I think it is light green and should be the sound output für the CE soundbar, which is not existing for the LE. I plugged the external sub in that output for 2 cinch connectors in the low level input of the sub.

#11641 2 years ago

Walking dead was a flop, the changes were needed.

GNR is a hit, it’s different, changing the rules to make it play like every other game out there would destroy it.

Like every game out there, it’s not for everyone, but the sales despite the jacked up play fields speak for themselves.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno, Lyman changed The Walking Dead rules massively almost a year after release...and turned the game from a turd into an amazing classic.
It's never too late.

#11642 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Walking dead was a flop, the changes were needed.
GNR is a hit, it’s different, changing the rules to make it play like every other game out there would destroy it.
Like every game out there, it’s not for everyone, but the sales despite the jacked up play fields speak for themselves.

My point was it's never too late to make a game better. TWD proved that. Yes, GnR is a sales hit, but the scoring imbalances and boring album modes (as well as the unfinished modes) are constantly mentioned as a negative. It's not too late to rethink the things that aren't working and fix them with an overhaul instead of a patch.

#11643 2 years ago

It was suggested that the game should have major changes, less multiballs etc.

While I quoted you, your post was in response to that.

Nobody is advocating the scoring not be balanced etc, fixes not made etc…

Quoted from PinMonk:

My point was it's never too late to make a game better. TWD proved that. Yes, GnR is a sales hit, but the scoring imbalances and boring album modes (as well as the unfinished modes) are constantly mentioned as a negative. It's not too late to rethink the things that aren't working and fix them with an overhaul instead of a patch.

#11644 2 years ago

Absolutely Beautiful, HUGE shout out to Lior and his amazing work!! Thank you, Thank you!!

IMG_3139 (resized).jpgIMG_3139 (resized).jpg
#11645 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Absolutely Beautiful, HUGE shout out to Lior and his amazing work!! Thank you, Thank you!!
[quoted image]

You installed it in the wrong spot.

Jk. Cool pic!!

#11646 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It was suggested that the game should have major changes, less multiballs etc.
While I quoted you, your post was in response to that.
Nobody is advocating the scoring not be balanced etc, fixes not made etc…

Ah, I didn't get that as you only quoted me.

But, for example, if major changes are required to make album modes not suck, for example, I say pinball_keefer should rip the band-aid off and DO them. The amount of complaints they have now indicate they don't work.

#11647 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, I didn't get that as you only quoted me.
But, for example, if major changes are required to make album modes not suck, for example, I say pinball_keefer should rip the band-aid off and DO them. The amount of complaints they have now indicate they don't work.

The album modes are awesome, well the 3 that are coded. The only problem with them is the points they award. The modes are tough to complete and the reward just isn’t worth it. Completing an album mode should award 10M points minimum, right now it’s like 500k... that is literally all that needs to be changed...

#11648 2 years ago

I think that's what he means. Three of the album modes are great. I wanted to say they aren't worth enough points, but one time I got BIG points for the Appetite mode. I just don't know how or why.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

The album modes are awesome, well the 3 that are coded.

#11649 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The album modes are awesome, well the 3 that are coded. The only problem with them is the points they award. The modes are tough to complete and the reward just isn’t worth it. Completing an album mode should award 10M points minimum, right now it’s like 500k... that is literally all that needs to be changed...

That’s why they suck….crappy scoring

#11650 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Love the game, a blast to play. I moved at the beginning of the year and just now getting the gameroom back together.

IMG_0562 (resized).jpegIMG_0562 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0566 (resized).jpegIMG_0566 (resized).jpegIMG_0568 (resized).jpegIMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (OBO)
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/233?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.