IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 568.
#11551 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:Someone else recently found that the other end of the USB cable for this board, the end plugged in to the PC cage in the head, was only plugged in about halfway. Check that end. If the board isn't recognized at all (based on the error message you reported) it's likely to be a USB cable problem, which usually means one end or the other isn't plugged in properly.

Quoted from frobozz:

And you still get the "Check PFD board" message on startup? And in sensor calibration test they all appear red? So now see if anything on that board works. The hotrails (you can see in attract mode if they are working)? The spotlights (they have their own device test, do they move?) The two little status LEDs on that board, do they both blink at a fairly fast rate? (If you pull the USB cable while everything is powered up, you can see the slow default blink rate that they both should have... does plugging the USB cable back in make them both blink faster like they should?)
Next try pulling the "ethernet cable" type connections from the boards with the sensor, one by one while in sensor test. The shooter lane board and keyboard board are both easy, but for the upper playfield board you're going to have to follow the cables down and unplug them at the PFD board - just unplug both since it will be impossible to tell in place which one goes to the sensors. Unplug one, wait a moment, check screen, then on to the next. Do the remaining sensors come alive on the test screen at some point, i.e. is a bad board somehow stomping on all the sensors? If you unplug them all with no change, try plugging them back in one by one slowly in a different order, in case it was the last one you unplugged that was bad.

The way you try to identify a problem , and the cause , and go through it step by step , is the best I've seen .
You explain yourself so well , even a simpleton like me is able to understand

#11552 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

The two little status LEDs on that board, do they both blink at a fairly fast rate? (If you pull the USB cable while everything is powered up, you can see the slow default blink rate that they both should have... does plugging the USB cable back in make them both blink faster like they should?)

1 fast and the other still on. If I remove the ethernet cable from the piano sensors than 1 fast and 1 slower.

I remove 1 by 1 the ethernet cables, its the piano one that's react weird. If I left it out, the skillshot sensors are back activated.
The guitar sensors still nothing.

#11553 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Anyone know what would cause the keyboard sensors to pickup upon trough eject? Thatā€™s the only time I can tell that they misfire, every game. Iā€™ve tried reseating connectors, and calibrating, to no avail. Iā€™ve searched this topic, but havenā€™t seen this particular issue with the sensors.

Different machine and different opto switches, but Iā€™ve had bad opto switches that triggered on vibrations before (trough eject, flippers, even my subwoofer going off). In my case, reseating connectors, repositioning the switches, etc. didnā€™t work - it was just a sign that the switch went bad. Bought a new one, replaced it, worked like a charm.

#11554 2 years ago
Quoted from May:

1 fast and the other still on. If I remove the ethernet cable from the piano sensors than 1 fast and 1 slower.
I remove 1 by 1 the ethernet cables, its the piano one that's react weird. If I left it out, the skillshot sensors are back activated.
The guitar sensors still nothing.

How about the hotrails and the spotlights? Do they work? (Try both with and without the keyboard sensor cable plugged in)

#11555 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Anyone know what would cause the keyboard sensors to pickup upon trough eject? Thatā€™s the only time I can tell that they misfire, every game. Iā€™ve tried reseating connectors, and calibrating, to no avail. Iā€™ve searched this topic, but havenā€™t seen this particular issue with the sensors.

The smack-the-playfield-with-the-heel-of-your-hand-in-switch-test idea is always a good one. (The latest versions include being able to use the shaker to do the vibrations for you, saving you wear and tear on the heel of your hand!) If that triggers the keyboard sensors, then see if wiggling connectors on that board directly has the same result. Badly crimped wires or damaged contact pins in the connector are not unheard of, but any of a million other more obscure possibilities. If none of that is it, go into sensor test and see if wiggling things does it, see how close you have to get a ball up top to each sensor for it trigger, etc. Possibly there's some debris trapped between the sensor board and the insert? Or grunge on the underside of the insert?

#11556 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, has anyone received their GnR and ordered in December?

I ordered in October and am receiving mine Thursday June 24 (Player One). First NIB ( Dozens of Notsonew since 1976) Hallelujah!

#11558 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

The smack-the-playfield-with-the-heel-of-your-hand-in-switch-test idea is always a good one. (The latest versions include being able to use the shaker to do the vibrations for you, saving you wear and tear on the heel of your hand!) If that triggers the keyboard sensors, then see if wiggling connectors on that board directly has the same result. Badly crimped wires or damaged ā€¦

Thanks guys! Yeah, I need to stop being so lazy, and troubleshoot a bit more to rule out the obvious stuffā€¦ Pinside is such a good resource, sometimes I bypass the basics.

#11559 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got this unsolicited invoice from JJP. Barry already gave me a bunch of the good plastic washers last month. I'll post back when I see what's in this kit. I had a support ticket in with my Distro already and JJP know that I fixed all my issues with clear PETG and ironing 1000 plays ago with a now beautiful playfield but still was sent this today.
[quoted image]

fooflighter Any chance you had the time to see what was in those kits JJP sent? I'm just so very curious...

#11560 2 years ago

Finally in, had to go to the terminal because theyā€™ve botched the delivery day since Friday but itā€™s here, looks flawless, June 2021 LE ordered direct from JJP on 10/9 around 10am.

No issues at all inside or out all around, plugged it in and playing it without doing anything at all to it. What a blast, this is how a game should be enjoyed!

May 21, 2021 playfield stamp.

21234ABC-3F0F-4569-827F-E4D47D27A551 (resized).jpeg21234ABC-3F0F-4569-827F-E4D47D27A551 (resized).jpeg3A59B888-E14D-471D-A601-5C42BAFC11E4 (resized).jpeg3A59B888-E14D-471D-A601-5C42BAFC11E4 (resized).jpegA05E3DC7-B7B8-4448-95DB-9EC4390CBDD7 (resized).jpegA05E3DC7-B7B8-4448-95DB-9EC4390CBDD7 (resized).jpegA5DFC4D3-F1CD-48BC-A39F-A8BA3A0281F5 (resized).jpegA5DFC4D3-F1CD-48BC-A39F-A8BA3A0281F5 (resized).jpegD27318FF-BCC8-4E03-8A62-E101F4FA126F (resized).jpegD27318FF-BCC8-4E03-8A62-E101F4FA126F (resized).jpegF6CF67DE-41AF-43A0-8A59-646951B3B415 (resized).jpegF6CF67DE-41AF-43A0-8A59-646951B3B415 (resized).jpegF8C8CF07-78BB-4D55-B776-00EE07F74871 (resized).jpegF8C8CF07-78BB-4D55-B776-00EE07F74871 (resized).jpeg

#11561 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Finally in, had to go to the terminal because theyā€™ve botched the delivery day since Friday but itā€™s here, looks flawless, June 2021 LE ordered direct from JJP on 10/9 around 10am.
No issues at all inside or out all around, plugged it in and playing it without doing anything at all to it. What a blast, this is how a game should be enjoyed!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It came with those black washers from the factory?

#11562 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It came with those black washers from the factory?

Just on the 3 posts w/ the biggest potential for problems - upper playfield and by AXL and I also noticed them by the outlanes.

#11563 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

fooflighter Any chance you had the time to see what was in those kits JJP sent? I'm just so very curious...

Just got it today actually...Sorry no photos but I broke my phone camera lens yesterday

It was 3 posts, including nuts and black washers...I'm assuming they are for the 2 posts near the AXL lanes and the one by the AMP GNR Lanes...I think they may be longer. There were also black washers with notches in them for the metal fence proximity to the inlane post.

The other part of the kit was repacement posts and clear washers for the slings. Mine already came installed with and have never been an issue in that area.

So it seems like an interim type kit as the new ones going out already have all the fixes. I may take the posts out and replace them but I've got everything else already covered.

#11564 2 years ago

The kit fooflighter mentions above seems to describe the way the one is built with as of June 2021. I missed the inlane posts with my previous answer, the black washers are there too.

#11565 2 years ago

Thanks sevenrites for the detailed post! This is super encouraging for those of us still waiting and knowing the issues seemed addressed.

#11566 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got it today actually...Sorry no photos but I broke my phone camera lens yesterday
It was 3 posts, including nuts and black washers...I'm assuming they are for the 2 posts near the AXL lanes and the one by the AMP GNR Lanes...I think they may be longer. There were also black washers with notches in them for the metal fence proximity to the inlane post.
The other part of the kit was repacement posts and clear washers for the slings. Mine already came installed with and have never been an issue in that area.
So it seems like an interim type kit as the new ones going out already have all the fixes. I may take the posts out and replace them but I've got everything else already covered.

Good to see JJP is tracking solutions from the community and implementing them.

Personally, I like the black washer look.

#11567 2 years ago

I had some pooling around the black washer on the inlane post. Happened after 175 plays or so. I took it off and ironed it out with a friend of mine. Looks fine now. You still need to keep an eye on those same problem spots unfortunately.

#11568 2 years ago

Who is the best person to contact at JJp for problems?

#11569 2 years ago

Iā€™m pretty sure the official answer is to go to their website and open a trouble ticket.

Quoted from May:

#11570 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Iā€™m pretty sure the official answer is to go to their website and open a trouble ticket.

Done everything, no response. JJp, dealer.
In the meantime, the pin is not playable.

#11571 2 years ago
Quoted from May:

Done everything, no response. JJp, dealer.
In the meantime, the pin is not playable.

Time zone difference with the US doesn't help, of course. Did you ever try seeing if the spotlights and the hotrails work?

#11572 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I had some pooling around the black washer on the inlane post. Happened after 175 plays or so. I took it off and ironed it out with a friend of mine. Looks fine now. You still need to keep an eye on those same problem spots unfortunately.

Just curious, what is your games build date and did JJP include the longer post that goes through the t-nut with a nylon nut for the one that pooled? JJP now seems to be installing the black washers + longer posts with a nylon nut. For a time there seemed to be games with no washers on the problem posts, then washers but no nylon nut on back, and now washer + longer posts + nylon nut. It's hard to keep up with all of the different combination of "fixes".

#11573 2 years ago
Quoted from May:

I believe Barry? Was the name he's in charge of all the issues.
Just call JJP and ask

#11574 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Time zone difference with the US doesn't help, of course. Did you ever try seeing if the spotlights and the hotrails work?

Those don't work. If I remove the internet cable from the sensors of the piano, they work again.

#11575 2 years ago
Quoted from May:

Those don't work. If I remove the internet cable from the sensors of the piano, they work again.

Well at the very least it sounds like the piano light/sensor board is bad (or less likely, something is wrong with the power connector to it or something.) Hopefully Barry can get you one of those quickly. Does everything else work if you unplug that? That would at least get your game playing, more or less. You'd have to collect those two band members other ways, like having them auto-spotted on ball 2 or 3...

#11576 2 years ago

I was really looking forward to this topper .
The jjp one is very simple and is a great price but I was hoping for something a bit more dynamic .
I thought this would be the one , mid-range and would cover all the bases , but to me it just looks very flat , the art looks good , the sculpt looks good , I like the lights , but it just doesn't look like a stage and the lights should be red , yellow and green like the GNR colors . At around 1500 aud dilvered , it's expensive for what it is .
Liors topper will probably be great , but at almost rumoured 3,000 aud , I'm not sure I can justify that .
I think I might go down the track of making my own topper , there are quite a few neon Guns N Roses signs and you can get some articulating spotlights which will cost you way less .

IMG_20210623_222853 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_222853 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_222920 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_222920 (resized).jpg
#11577 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I got my kit too. Not 100% sure where the three longer posts are meant to go. Was surprised to see no paperwork in the box telling you where to put them. Like you said, I'm guessing the AXL lanes (2) and then the third could either go on the upper playfield or by the left inlane. I've never seem a "fix" sent out without instructions. Very odd.

#11578 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I got my kit too. Not 100% sure where the three longer posts are meant to go. Was surprised to see no paperwork in the box telling you where to put them. Like you said, I'm guessing the AXL lanes (2) and then the third could either go on the upper playfield or by the left inlane. I've never seem a "fix" sent out without instructions. Very odd.

Likely upper PF, left inlane, left AXL lane.

#11579 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can find the playfield /vinyl repair irons? I'm in Australia. Looks like it might be a worthwhile piece of kit moving forward.

#11580 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Likely upper PF, left inlane, left AXL lane.

Upper playfield and two posts by the Axl lanes. They are meant for the T-nuts. Mine came like this. The other posts already go through the playfield.

#11581 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just curious, what is your games build date and did JJP include the longer post that goes through the t-nut with a nylon nut for the one that pooled? JJP now seems to be installing the black washers + longer posts with a nylon nut. For a time there seemed to be games with no washers on the problem posts, then washers but no nylon nut on back, and now washer + longer posts + nylon nut. It's hard to keep up with all of the different combination of "fixes".

I'm a May build date. It came with longer posts through the T-nuts on upper playfield and by the Axl lanes. It also had a black washer on the inlane post. It looks like this latest batch has black washers everywhere - upper playfield, by axl lanes, outlanes, etc. The inlane post goes through the playfield with a nylon nut. My pooling was around the black washer that it came with. The ironing got it back to looking normal. Hopefully its a permanent fix. I will say that the clear is very soft. Even moving the outlane posts - you have to be careful not to overtighten. It feels like you can just keep tightening. It doesn't come to a hard stop like you would think.

#11582 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I'm a May build date. It came with longer posts through the T-nuts on upper playfield and by the Axl lanes. It also had a black washer on the inlane post. It looks like this latest batch has black washers everywhere - upper playfield, by axl lanes, outlanes, etc. The inlane post goes through the playfield with a nylon nut. My pooling was around the black washer that it came with. The ironing got it back to looking normal. Hopefully its a permanent fix. I will say that the clear is very soft. Even moving the outlane posts - you have to be careful not to overtighten. It feels like you can just keep tightening. It doesn't come to a hard stop like you would think.

Thank you very much!

#11583 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was really looking forward to this topper .
The jjp one is very simple and is a great price but I was hoping for something a bit more dynamic .
I thought this would be the one , mid-range and would cover all the bases , but to me it just looks very flat , the art looks good , the sculpt looks good , I like the lights , but it just doesn't look like a stage and the lights should be red , yellow and green like the GNR colors . At around 1500 aud dilvered , it's expensive for what it is .
Liors topper will probably be great , but at almost rumoured 3,000 aud , I'm not sure I can justify that .
I think I might go down the track of making my own topper , there are quite a few neon Guns N Roses signs and you can get some articulating spotlights which will cost you way less .
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like this neon sign as well but when I looked into in, the shipping was the same as the cost of the sign to North America. Otherwise I would likely buy a couple.

#11584 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Boy, If they deem this complete, then Iā€™d be concerned.
ā€¢ Demolition Derby isnā€™t coded.
ā€¢ scoring balances
ā€¢ slash and album modes need more incentives.
I thought I remember reading somewhere that Keefer was working on these things. But it could be just another falsified rumor.
That said; Iā€™ve got a new strategy that has significantly increased my average scores (not peek scores). Iā€™ll go in more depth later, but itā€™s basically cashing out of songs once you light the extra ball, and getting right back into a song with the help of patches and jam target. Minimal use of boosters. Surprisingly, on my 6th song last night, I had my jackpot up to 115 mil, it would have been my highest score with this new strat; with approx 15-20 secs left in the song, I double drained! Lol.

Keefer mentioned on tilt in March more code is coming. He is aware of the scoring imbalances as well.

Letā€™s hope he follows up, I hate playing the album modes, worthless.

#11585 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Well at the very least it sounds like the piano light/sensor board is bad (or less likely, something is wrong with the power connector to it or something.) Hopefully Barry can get you one of those quickly. Does everything else work if you unplug that? That would at least get your game playing, more or less. You'd have to collect those two band members other ways, like having them auto-spotted on ball 2 or 3...

I think if you lock 6 balls the song will start automatically even if you don't have all the band members spotted. I think I have done this a couple of times after playing a few songs because it becomes very hard to get enough Duff ramps. So I just lock balls instead and the song starts...

The only other way to spot members (besides loosing a ball) is to spell JAM and then hit the JAM target. If you get the bandana patch it will increase the Jam hurry up timer, which might be helpful.

#11586 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Anyone know where I can find the playfield /vinyl repair irons?

Contact Yelobird about what he used. It's in one of these threads. Low power wood burning flat tip looking thing.

LTG : )

#11587 2 years ago
Quoted from May:

Please open another ticket and explain the issue about no response.

LTG : )

#11589 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Anyone know where I can find the playfield /vinyl repair irons? I'm in Australia. Looks like it might be a worthwhile piece of kit moving forward.

There's two on Ebay Australia right now with shipping from the US. Got a friend who needs one, too?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142174951528

Here's a single one shipping from the US:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/154406663599

#11590 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's two on Ebay Australia right now with shipping from the US. Got a friend who needs one, too?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142174951528
Here's a single one shipping from the US:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/154406663599

Iā€™d be very careful trying to use those in Australia without a step down transformer. Given that itā€™s designed for 120v, plugging it in 230v is likely to result in a very hot iron.

I can still remember an American I was travelling with years ago having her hair partially fall out as she plugged her hair straighteners into 230v in Italy.

#11591 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

Iā€™d be very careful trying to use those in Australia without a step down transformer. Given that itā€™s designed for 120v, plugging it in 230v is likely to result in a very hot iron.
I can still remember an American I was travelling with years ago having her hair partially fall out as she plugged her hair straighteners into 230v in Italy.

I'm assuming the user understands about step-down transformers for non-AUS products, but good to point that out.

#11592 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I believe I saw that someone else had used a heat gun to warm the bottom of small, flat metal measuring cup or something like that. Then applied that to the pf. I think the claim was that there was a little more control of the heat doing it that way and slightly better coverage, too. I don't recall all the details, but it's buried in a post somewhere, maybe in a different thread.

#11593 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Not sure if you have Clark Rubber in Melbourne ,, good place to start

#11594 2 years ago

Well I think it is going to be a good rest of the week. I pick up my GnR tomorrow and Friday my corvette gets built (ordered in Nov 19). I was bummed out today because my beloved Naso Tang died. I cant believe how attached I get to fish.......

#11595 2 years ago

My Dayne Henry Jr print came in.

20210623_233239.jpg20210623_233239.jpg20210623_232821.jpg20210623_232821.jpg20210623_232721.jpg20210623_232721.jpg
#11596 2 years ago

The blue cable/plug that comes out of the topper/Sound bar, Where does that plug into?
It's connected to a small row of RGB's.

Cheers,

#11597 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm assuming the user understands about step-down transformers for non-AUS products, but good to point that out.

You clearly havenā€™t meet many Australians

#11598 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

You clearly havenā€™t meet many Australians

Or maybe I've only met the "good" ones...

#11599 2 years ago

You donā€™t need the vinyl iron to level the pooling. I used a standard heat gun on the low setting. i am sure a hair dryer could even work. It takes surprisingly little heat to get it to level. You could actually see it going back to its original level when I did it and I also used a smooth ended socket extension to help the last bit level out with very little pressure. Just go slow and pay attention to whatā€™s going on.

Just for kicks I bought the vinyl iron too and gave it a try on another post location. You donā€™t really need to put much pressure on it and once itā€™s hot I would not leave it on the playfield for more than 3ish seconds. Itā€™s gets pretty hot. I did prefer to see whatā€™s going on with the clear when using the heat gun but this worked well for the pop bumper post under the drum stick ramp. Did not want to get heat anywhere near that ramp. The iron was easy to get under it when partially removed.

#11600 2 years ago

Anyone know what the Fog switch does on the upper playfield?

Iā€™m still looking for the Special

For those that bought mirror blades that fit perfect, where did you buy them?

I added a Polk subwoofer yesterday and wow what a difference!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.