IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 567.
#11451 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the ones I've seen have adhesive on the backing. If there's no adhesive, that's eliminates the potential lifting of art. Still seems like overkill vs addressing just the known problem areas around posts, though.

Mezel mods has it. $100
No adhesive and from pinball universe....
I haven't seen one post on this. Puzzled. If I'm going to the trouble to fix problem areas, why not preserve the entire playfield. Europe it's common. Germans all doing it. The logical side of my brain needs some understanding why this isn't a USA pinhead standard equipment. It's the European side of my bloodline I guess. Is it truly overkill? Why isn't fooflighter doing it? If anyone was going to do this I would think it would be him. . Have to see why he isn't...

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/pinball-playfield-protectors-guns-n-roses

#11452 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Mezel mods has it. $100
I haven't seen one post on this. Puzzled. If I'm going to the trouble to fix problem areas, why not preserve the entire playfield. Europe it's common. Germans all doing it. The logical side of my brain needs some understanding why this isn't a USA pinhead standard equipment. It's the European side of my bloodline I guess. Is it truly overkill? Why isn't fooflighter doing it? If anyone was going to do this I would think it would be him. . Have to see why he isn't...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/pinball-playfield-protectors-guns-n-roses

I did it on my EHoH as the VUK throws the ball across the playfield. I think it's overkill on most pins however. In the case of GnR, it won't help the post issues since it only lays down over/around the posts. The downsides are 1) you have to remove quite a few top side components in order to drop it into place (EHoH required removal of both ramps, all gates, spinner, the main house and several plastics), 2) some people notice the slight change of the ball sliding on occasion vs rolling, 3) the additional cost and 4) you have to keep fresh balls in the game as the PF protector will scratch if not.

#11453 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Mezel mods has it. $100

I have seen enough weird pin hacks in reimports from Europe to last a lifetime, so if Europe's doing it to a pin, that's a warning sign for me.

The playfield protectors change the way the pin plays in a lot of cases, and is like your grandma putting protective plastic on furniture - why, when furniture is meant to be enjoyed, not entombed in plastic.

Clearcoat and wax should be good enough, and is for most cases. It sounds like the specific areas of jjGnR with issues are getting solutions with post sleeves and locking nuts and mylar and petg and whatnot, which is the way I will go, too. That way I can enjoy the pin the way Hogbog intended. I feel like full playfield plastic sheeting makes him sad.

#11454 2 years ago

I wish I had a GnR that I could complain about, heh. Counting down the months before mine arrives…

#11455 2 years ago

I heard that Pingraffix is going to release pinblades July 4th 2021 you may want to wait to see these.... I hear they are something special...

#11456 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I heard that Pingraffix is going to release pinblades July 4th 2021 you may want to wait to see these.... I hear they are something special...

Where did you hear this?

#11457 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have seen enough weird pin hacks in reimports from Europe to last a lifetime, so if Europe's doing it to a pin, that's a warning sign for me.
The playfield protectors change the way the pin plays in a lot of cases, and is like your grandma putting protective plastic on furniture - why, when furniture is meant to be enjoyed, not entombed in plastic.
Clearcoat and wax should be good enough, and is for most cases. It sounds like the specific areas of jjGnR with issues are getting solutions with post sleeves and locking nuts and mylar and petg and whatnot, which is the way I will go, too. That way I can enjoy the pin the way Hogbog intended. I feel like full playfield plastic sheeting makes him sad.

This reply is really appreciated and also appeals to the logical side of my brain. Thank you.

#11458 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I did it on my EHoH as the VUK throws the ball across the playfield. I think it's overkill on most pins however. In the case of GnR, it won't help the post issues since it only lays down over/around the posts. The downsides are 1) you have to remove quite a few top side components in order to drop it into place (EHoH required removal of both ramps, all gates, spinner, the main house and several plastics), 2) some people notice the slight change of the ball sliding on occasion vs rolling, 3) the additional cost and 4) you have to keep fresh balls in the game as the PF protector will scratch if not.

Great feedback. Thanks so much!

#11459 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Where did you hear this?

I hear things.........Its nice having important friends.

#11460 2 years ago

All my friends are important.

#11461 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

All my friends are important.

Damn right, my friends are the family I chose.

#11462 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Great feedback. Thanks so much!

Cut to 11 months from now when giant chunks in the center of the playfield are separating from long-term play and vibration Bader-style and opinions take a hard right...

simpsons_mob.gifsimpsons_mob.gif

#11463 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Officially in the club.
Game is amazing and played perfectly out of the box.

Good to see US games making it out again. Which distributor received inventory? I need to check in with mine.

#11464 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Officially in the club.
Game is amazing and played perfectly out of the box.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. And a nice start!
Order date and disty/direct?
I'll guess disty and ordered October 9th

#11465 2 years ago

Eight short months later…

(Actually received Tuesday, finally had time to set it up today.)

030E5996-018D-458B-9938-ACD3E8B1C076.jpeg030E5996-018D-458B-9938-ACD3E8B1C076.jpeg

#11466 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I sometimes sell games into Europe from Dubai, the first question I get from buyers is 'does it have a playfield protector?' Second question is 'does it have convulux?'

For some reason they love them. Personally, I think they're huge overkill for a HUO game and they change the dynamics of the ball. I bought a WOZ from Europe with a protector fitted - I'll be removing it because it plays horribly. Also no good for games with roll overs because they get jammed up against the protector. Maybe a good idea for a routed game but that's it.

#11467 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

[quoted image]

Best pic ever! Dream team. How will you ever want to play the DE again? I played DE on location prior to jjgnr coming out and still loved it but things have changed somewhat....
Its always going to have that nostalgic charm and great memories but since the jjgnr came out it's showing it's age and I smile as I walk by it down memory lane on the way to the jjgnr.

#11468 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

I sometimes sell games into Europe from Dubai, the first question I get from buyers is 'does it have a playfield protector?' Second question is 'does it have convulux?'
For some reason they love them. Personally, I think they're huge overkill for a HUO game and they change the dynamics of the ball. I bought a WOZ from Europe with a protector fitted - I'll be removing it because it plays horribly. Also no good for games with roll overs because they get jammed up against the protector. Maybe a good idea for a routed game but that's it.

It's what you're around when you come into the hobby I guess. But there are a LOT of weird ideas in Europe about acceptable hacks to a pin. So much Bally/Williams carnage has come across my plate via reimports. But hey, it's their pin, they can do what they want. My job is just to put some opposing weight on the scales of the conversation to maybe keep the solutions limited to "address just the problem, keep cleaned and waxed" and leave the plastic sheets for a sad, dated Florida couch somewhere instead.

#11469 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good to see US games making it out again. Which distributor received inventory? I need to check in with mine.

Local distributor. Ordered early Oct.

#11470 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Have you installed on your gnr? If so, how long did it take you? What was the disassembly like and reassembly? Also, what surprise modifications did you have to make as a result of putting on the play field? Any new hardware or posts or screws let no longer work? This is very tempting and I'm not sure why there's not a whole lot of talk about this on this forum. Maybe nobody has one?

May distributor has all items installed (Plastics & PF & Scoop protector..), so no exact info on how long it will take.
I´ve heard that the scoop prot installation takes around 30min; you have to disassemble the upper playfield (Unscrew the four screws, loosen the two nuts of the ramp on the slings then the Mini Playfield can be lifted enough to get to the screws)

#11471 2 years ago

Love this game

163BF283-6B86-4248-991D-4796E161BDD8 (resized).jpeg163BF283-6B86-4248-991D-4796E161BDD8 (resized).jpeg284765D0-F239-4F3F-A4A3-49B3E9F2C8DC (resized).jpeg284765D0-F239-4F3F-A4A3-49B3E9F2C8DC (resized).jpeg7AFDE70D-6637-43CD-8BB0-21474956BFEB (resized).jpeg7AFDE70D-6637-43CD-8BB0-21474956BFEB (resized).jpegC1A539FB-1023-44D8-ABEE-60CE9DD88380 (resized).jpegC1A539FB-1023-44D8-ABEE-60CE9DD88380 (resized).jpeg
#11472 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

[quoted image]

Awesome. I have mine set up in a similar way.

5AFD5CC4-A991-4297-A85C-1479447E31C9 (resized).jpeg5AFD5CC4-A991-4297-A85C-1479447E31C9 (resized).jpeg
#11473 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I hear things.........Its nice having important friends.

Friends in low places, hmmm? Well, I hope it's rigjt because the existing side blades suck. I've been considering mirror blades, but I much prefer graphics...

#11474 2 years ago

You wont be disappointed.

#11475 2 years ago

Play field protectors are an embarrassment

#11476 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Awesome. I have mine set up in a similar way.[quoted image]

I went with bookend GnRs

8CE32098-ACA8-49D1-888B-779ED09E2589 (resized).jpeg8CE32098-ACA8-49D1-888B-779ED09E2589 (resized).jpeg
#11477 2 years ago

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t consumer protection laws in many European countries put the onus of replacements/returns on the distributor if problems arise?

If that’s the case and I was a distributor there, I’d be covering the playfield in Kevlar

#11478 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Local distributor. Ordered early Oct.

Congrats on the game! I’m waiting for my distro to receive inventory. Hopefully soon now that they are shipping US again.

#11479 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t consumer protection laws in many European countries put the onus of replacements/returns on the distributor if problems arise?

Right, in Europe warranty is not only a statement by the manufacturer, which could freely include things or not.
It is law, that the direct contract partner (distributor) must repair the product if problems arise or replace the product. He is responsible at first, not the manufacturer. If repair isn’t possible you could get your money back. And you have a 14 day money back guarantee for all online orders.

#11480 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on the game! I’m waiting for my distro to receive inventory. Hopefully soon now that they are shipping US again.

I was just notified that mine is shipping in 30 days… pinball star is the distributor, and ordered on 10/7.

#11481 2 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I went with bookend GnRs
[quoted image]

Great line-up! I have 4/6. How do you like the LZ? I have played the pro but kind of found it boring.

#11482 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I was just notified that mine is shipping in 30 days… pinball star is the distributor, and ordered on 10/7.

I also received notification that my game is ready to ship. Are you having the same reservations about accepting a game with the potential for playfield issues? I'm really torn because I absolutely love the gameplay!

#11483 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great line-up! I have 4/6. How do you like the LZ? I have played the pro but kind of found it boring.

Like it a lot. It helps when you know the rules.

#11484 2 years ago

Sure seems like they are favoring disty orders! Then again JJP direct is probably the longest line and the slowest way to order but the most profit for JJP, So you think that would count for something.

#11485 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I also received notification that my game is ready to ship. Are you having the same reservations about accepting a game with the potential for playfield issues? I'm really torn because I absolutely love the gameplay!

Are you helpless in repairs and unable to do the work discussed in the key post by fooflighter? If so, you might cancel.

#11486 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you helpless in repairs and unable to do the work discussed in the key post by fooflighter? If so, you might cancel.

Not helpless, no. It's just that I have this absurd notion that when I drop 10k for an elaborate toy, I'm going to be able to play the game instead of shutting it down for an extended period of time to iron a pooled playfield and install additional washers. Out-of-the-box adjustments are one thing, but I'm not eager to invest time in a machine to address aesthetic issues on a brand new game.

#11487 2 years ago

Not helpless, no. It's just that I have this absurd notion that when I drop 10k for an elaborate toy, I'm going to be able to play the game instead of shutting it down for an extended period of time to iron a pooled playfield and install additional washers. Out-of-the-box adjustments are one thing, but I'm not eager to invest time in a machine to address aesthetic issues on a brand new game.

Then I think you're in a great position to take the game. Latest ones seem to have some modifications indicating positive changes are happening at JJP. I understand what you're saying and everyone here agrees with you, but it is what it is. Accept the shipment and enjoy the best pin ever made!!!

#11488 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Then I think you're in a great position to take the game. Latest ones seem to have some modifications indicating positive changes are happening at JJP. I understand what you're saying and everyone here agrees with you, but it is what it is. Accept the shipment and enjoy the best pin ever made!!!

I agree with Vespula - take 30 minutes to do some preventative measures, then enjoy one of the best games ever made (* if you love GnR music).

I think the general consensus is that IMDN is also one of the best games ever made, but I've never been a fan of the music so I'll never own one.

#11489 2 years ago

I wouldn’t worry about it, the work won’t seem that bad once you do it. I received a NIB Deadpool a month ago, which is notorious for ball guides that scrape off the clear and art. They required removal and washer installs - basically similar to the situation with GnR only different causes.

I dreaded the work on Deadpool and it turned out to be fine. The GnR posts should be no worse, if not easier, considering how much had to be disassembled on Deadpool to remove those guides.

#11490 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I wouldn’t worry about it, the work won’t seem that bad once you do it. I received a NIB Deadpool a month ago, which is notorious for ball guides that scrape off the clear and art. They required removal and washer installs - basically similar to the situation with GnR only different causes.
I dreaded the work on Deadpool and it turned out to be fine. The GnR posts should be no worse, if not easier, considering how much had to be disassembled on Deadpool to remove those guides.

Heh - just did the DP fix as well and I agree it was a little more involved than GnR.

#11491 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

If that’s the case and I was a distributor there, I’d be covering the playfield in Kevlar

2 years full warranty in Europe, its a European Law. No and, ifs or buts about it. My disto is going to bat about my playfield issue. Looking forward to what the outcome will be. Currently they are getting the same silence treatment i have had for awhile. JJP has shipped washers my way and told me to take the issue up with my distro which i allready had.

Still loving playing this monster of a machine.

#11492 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure it's a thermal switch and not a fuse.

Thanks. I'm sure you are correct.
Went back and looked at my email from Jersey Jack and they did call it a fuse. Oh well. Either way it failed. lol.

#11493 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Went back and looked at my email from Jersey Jack and they did call it a fuse. Oh well. Either way it failed. lol.

Yeah, it's a thermal protector/switch. Disconnects power when a certain temp is reached, re-connects when temp falls.

Looking at the spec sheet again just now, I just realized that it says the casing is electrically alive, so probably not a good idea to leave this outside of the coil with no electrical tape or something over it (plus the fact that not having it against the coil defeats the heat switching cutoff it's supposed to be doing).

http://pepiusa.info/model-st01/

#11494 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Play field protectors are an embarrassment

It is the shitty playfields from JJP that is the embarrassment. This issue needs to be fixed. Some people like playfield protectors and some do not. That is the beauty of the hobby, you can do whatever you like to customise your machine.

#11495 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is the shitty playfields from JJP that is the embarrassment. This issue needs to be fixed. Some people like playfield protectors and some do not. That is the beauty of the hobby, you can do whatever you like to customise your machine.

You are wasting your breath trying to teach that one manners.

#11496 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You can bypass the switch if you want. I got a new coul from JJP and replaced it. So far so good on the latest code.

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

You wont be disappointed.

Ive been waiting on Pingraffix .High quality blades can’t wait to see what they throw down .Thanks for the heads up .

#11498 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Playfield protectors have nothing to do with the shit JJP play fields, they both suck

#11499 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are wasting your breath trying to teach that one manners.

yes, I see what you mean.

Thanks.

#11500 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I joined the club with my NIB GnR LE.
After one day playing I have an error - Matrixed Switche #35 "Lockup enter" (stuck open).
The switch&wires beside AXL looks okay; any ideas how to fix/identify the problem? (someone mentioned the foam which damaged the wires, but it looks good for me). Is this switch relevant, as the Guitar Lock works without problems?
[quoted image] [quoted image]

I received my game a few days ago and got that error after putting on the scoop Cliffy. Turns out I crimped the wire when I was putting the Axl mold back onto the upper pf. I un crimped it and it’s working fine now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/230?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.