pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 563.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm reminded of the newbie that had a meltdown over his coindoor latch falling off during shipping of his NIB ACNC. I'm still in disbelief on that one.

Same guy, with no prior PM to me, publicly posted that he was having a problem with me (after only a few days, yet claimed it had been a week), because his made to order (with a waitlist) mods didn't ship immediately... Only person to ever do that amongst 1000s of mods shipped (and no complaints even with turnaround times being up to 3 months this year with the crazy demand since Elvira).

Pinsiders are generally awesome.

He's posted in the GnR threads, so in the event I do make any mods for it (game doesn't look to need any), I'll have to remember to deny any orders from him--that's a headache I'd prefer to avoid.

#1103 3 years ago

Soft spoiler alert: Spooky went waaaaay above and beyond for the guy. Worth getting to that part to realize the absurdity of it all.

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Soft spoiler alert: Spooky went waaaaay above and beyond for the guy. Worth getting to that part to realize the absurdity of it all.

Wow, just wow...lol Spooky sure did.

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I just heard 2,000 GNR LE’s sold in 10 days

Between all the versions they likely have more games sold than the entire Data East GNR run! Also more than all Dialed In and JPOTC games combined. This is great for JJP! I just hope they can build them fast enough.

#1106 3 years ago

It’s right up there with the Chodard threads. And others I recall. Might be the best. I feel like I’m be played, as though this event is choreographed and that guy is a paid actor.

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wrong hobby. Buy an Xbox.

Still laughing! Pinball hobby is not just playing... But...shopping, fixing, mods, tournaments, socializing, etc. I have 13 machines- always happy when ALL of them are working- Stern's, Sega, American pinball, Bally/Williams. But also happy to fix them- always an accomplishment especially if I can fix 'em myself. Always adjusting and cleaning.

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Still laughing! Pinball hobby is not just playing... But...shopping, fixing, mods, tournaments, socializing, etc. I have 13 machines- always happy when ALL of them are working- Stern's, Sega, American pinball, Bally/Williams. But also happy to fix them- always an accomplishment especially if I can fix 'em myself. Always adjusting and cleaning.

Yeah it almost feels weird when all of my machines are working perfectly.

#1110 3 years ago

I think its worth noting that, especially newbies, but even experienced people will play their games and be unaware of an isolated issue not working.
I've done it but then I'm sometimes a slow learner.

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone know if the media during songs is from the concert screens? Or is made for the game? There is some crazy fun animations. The terminators during you could be mine... the TRON like animation etc.
The album mode for Chinese democracy is hilarious

I read somewhere that they leveraged a lot of the animations from the actual tour.

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Spooky began including this inspection sticker after that. LOL
[quoted image]

Lol..... just read the case behind this.
Dude def threw his toys out the pram!

#1113 3 years ago

Well, just pulled the trigger on an LE.....
So officially a GnR club member

#1114 3 years ago

I pulled the trigger 3 days after it launched for a LE. Like everyone else, I wondering when my distributor will have an idea as to when they will get the next shipment.

#1115 3 years ago

Being in UK, I’ve kinda prepared myself to have to wait till start of next year...... but I’m fine with that.

#1116 3 years ago

Warning, hypothetical post incoming. If they did sell 2500-3000 games. Let’s say they can make 100 games/wk in the new factory with COVID restrictions. that’s 30 weeks at best they’ll have all orders fulfilled, granted there’s no supplier issues or delays with parts ordering. Good for JJP, but a long long wait for a lot of us. It’ll be interesting to see how many people stick to their order and don’t jump ship when stern or CGC show the next new shiny toy.

Good luck and Godspeed to you JJP. You’re in the big leagues now, right where you wanted to be. But a lot hard work and bumpy roads still ahead. Pulling for you to be able to meet this much demand.

#1117 3 years ago

Was their any news today from JJP to distributors on the timeline....? I thought I read that somewhere sometime

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Was their any news today from JJP to distributors on the timeline....? I thought I read that somewhere sometime

Distributors were told they would have a time frame "this week", no news yet though.

#1119 3 years ago

Paid in Full on LE

No clue when it's coming.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Warning, hypothetical post incoming. If they did sell 2500-3000 games. Let’s say they can make 100 games/wk in the new factory with COVID restrictions. that’s 30 weeks at best they’ll have all orders fulfilled, granted there’s no supplier issues or delays with parts ordering. Good for JJP, but a long long wait for a lot of us. It’ll be interesting to see how many people stick to their order and don’t jump ship when stern or CGC show the next new shiny toy.
Good luck and Godspeed to you JJP. You’re in the big leagues now, right where you wanted to be. But a lot hard work and bumpy roads still ahead. Pulling for you to be able to meet this much demand.

Hopefully they won't be producing them linearly... Opening up the second line should easily be able to start cranking out 100+ and multiple versions.. but I'll take quality over quantity. Jim Patla, the new COO has been around a long time from the Bally Williams era and he knows the value of striking while the iron is hot. I can see them ramping up staffing and production very soon if not already to meet demand. It's crucial in order to capitalize the market share.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

so in the event I do make any mods for it (game doesn't look to need any)

Love your mods in my ACNC and I imagine if GnR needs some mods, your talent fits right in!

#1122 3 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted. Cool Fox News article on JJP and GNR.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-leads-to-spike-in-pinball-popularity

#1123 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing this.

#1124 3 years ago

Never read this before. That is ridiculous. Way over the top.

#1125 3 years ago

5000 limiteds at least it has it's limit / 500 CE for 5500 total GNR .set number there
How many SE you figure will be made to add to those numbers?

#1126 3 years ago

Eric just said on the Pinball Expo virtual that when Slash visited the factory, he randomly signed some items (top hat, etc) inside some of the SE’s on the line.

Will be a cool surprise if you get one

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

5000 limiteds at least it has it's limit / 500 CE for 5500 total GNR .set number there
How many SE you figure will be made to add to those numbers?

...probably 2,000 - 3,000 SE’s perhaps?...

500 Collectors sold out in a day or two... 5K LE’s seems to be an easy and fast sell. If JJP sells more than 40M Dollars just with this title, by 2022 they will be able release 3-4 games per year IMO.

#1128 3 years ago

Wow that’s quite a leap of faith. Let them produce the game and fulfill the orders. Looks like they will be busy all next year on gnr which is a good problem to have. Maybe next year expo for toy story

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...probably 2,000 - 3,000 SE’s perhaps?...
500 Collectors sold out in a day or two... 5K LE’s seems to be an easy and fast sell. If JJP sells more than 40M Dollars just with this title, by 2022 they will be able release 3-4 games per year IMO.

#1129 3 years ago

You think there will be downloadable songs with a complete code set for that particular song, that can just be added to the pre-existing song selection list. It makes sense with this title, where one would pay like $50 to download it to the game, and get a whole new experience.

#1130 3 years ago

I normally respect Caucasian2steps reviews on Pinside but his early review on the LE just seems off. IMO no game is perfect, but sounds like he either absolutely despises the theme or the game he played just wasn’t level at all.
What stood out was a design flaw comment based on experiencing drain issues on plunge but I’ve had absolutely ZERO issues.
Just an odd take as a first impression.
Oh well, hope folks give the game more than one shot out in the wild!

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I normally respect Caucasian2steps reviews on Pinside but his early review on the LE just seems off. IMO no game is perfect, but sounds like he either absolutely despises the theme or the game he played just wasn’t level at all.
What stood out was a design flaw comment based on experiencing drain issues on plunge but I’ve had absolutely ZERO issues.

Meh, he gave Munsters a 9 and GnR a 6...That's all I need to know.

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Based on my opinion, you should never judge a game in the wild. You can’t hear it, it’s never set up right, the pitch is off, it’s not level, hard to learn the rule set when you have several waiting behind you to play. Just my thoughts.

#1133 3 years ago

I want a table with the scores for biggest jackpot lost!

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Totally. It needs to happen. Biggest loser.

#1135 3 years ago

1.06 is available for direct download now!

7ED42BC9-DC3D-4ADA-A0FB-9FF390E2C0E1 (resized).jpeg7ED42BC9-DC3D-4ADA-A0FB-9FF390E2C0E1 (resized).jpeg
#1136 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Eric just said on the Pinball Expo virtual that when Slash visited the factory, he randomly signed some items (top hat, etc) inside some of the SE’s on the line.
Will be a cool surprise if you get one

That is cool. Wonder how much the CE owners would pay for it? Lol

#1137 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

He's posted in the GnR threads, so in the event I do make any mods for it (game doesn't look to need any)

Oh but it does, the CE style skull for the plunger would be nice maybe toss in some leds too

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Oh but it does, the CE style skull for the plunger would be nice maybe toss in some leds too

Yes please

#1139 3 years ago

A little behind the scenes at JJP

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

has anyone made a decent gameplay video ??

I really liked this stream , it's all in French but it's very entertaining .
Keep an eye out for the dancing girls .

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

when you collect both the Bra and Panties

Bras and panties ?
That does it , I'm in

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Bras and panties ?
That does it , I'm in

Does it show said women throwing bras and panties?

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Does it show said women throwing bras and panties?

They did say it has adult video content .
I'm hoping you see boobs in the crowd

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I order my LE on the 8th and my Dist told me I was 7th in line out of then 40 he had on ordered already. He said it will be Nov - Dec till I probably get mine but he heard they might ship out more near the end of Oct and since he had 40 that mine might go out then. Here's hoping.

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They did say it has adult video content .

We are all grown ass men and still want to see boobies.

Hey. did you you know that boobs without nipples would be pointless?

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

37M+ jackpot lost on Paradise City last night. Knew I was pushing my luck, but was in the ZONE. (Until I wasn’t).

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Bras and panties ?
That does it , I'm in

Condoms too!

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

37M+ jackpot lost on Paradise City last night. Knew I was pushing my luck, but was in the ZONE. (Until I wasn’t).

Wow thats the biggest one lost I have heard of. Biggest loser so far!!!

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I paid a lot of money for those tickets and don't appreciate being called names.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

We are all grown ass men and still want to see boobies.

Thre's a great set of boobies in Rob Zombie. Everyone loves boobies, from kids to old ladies and even dogs.

how-manyaagree-with-the-dog-puppylove-likes-boobs-4013303 (resized).pnghow-manyaagree-with-the-dog-puppylove-likes-boobs-4013303 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.