IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 569.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Tell me one thing that you buy for $10,000 that you have to fix? Oh yeah a 2003 BMW?

Name one comparison with hundreds of lights and switch’s that gets loaded on a truck also carrying office supply’s on its back bouncing down the highway in a cardboard box? It’s pinball, just moving it 5 feet in a gameroom messes with shit. Pretty common and doesn’t matter if it cost $5.00 or 50k.

#1052 3 years ago

ALWAYS always, always, tweaking/minor repairs are to be expected with NIB pinball. Especially on a brand new release. Major stuff? No. But loose bolts, connectors, lights, etc. Sure. It happens.

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Name one comparison with hundreds of lights and switch’s that gets loaded on a truck also carrying office supply’s on its back bouncing down the highway in a cardboard box? It’s pinball, just moving it 5 feet in a gameroom messes with shit. Pretty common and doesn’t matter if it cost $5.00 or 50k.

Still doesn’t seem right to me but if you want to justify it that way that’s fine. Love your mods by the way.

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've seen and now read about this spinning disc issue, where it falls in, a number of times.
As a soon to be new owner, what should I do or check for to ensure this doesn't happen before I play it?

I talked to Eric about the record and he said that only the first dozen or so games shipped with no loctite. There is a service bulletin on it, and he was going to make sure it was available on their site. It was found early on and the rest of the games have it, so if you don't have your game yet, I doubt you'll have that issue.

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Tell me one thing that you buy for $10,000 that you have to fix? Oh yeah a 2003 BMW?

Don’t get into boating.

#1056 3 years ago

My mate spent $20K on a mountain bike and the chain fell off first ride.

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Still doesn’t seem right to me but if you want to justify it that way that’s fine. Love your mods by the way.

I get why it would be frustrating, but these games are pretty complex. One of the many things Ive learned is to always check all the connections, bolts, etc prior to firing up the game. On most games something shakes loose from either someone at the factory not installing correctly or from transit. As long as its not the cabinet or play field I can deal with it. If your not mechanically or electrically inclined owning pinball games at home will be a frustrating venture.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Don’t get into boating.

Ha....I know that drill

#1059 3 years ago

I'm reminded of the newbie that had a meltdown over his coindoor latch falling off during shipping of his NIB ACNC. I'm still in disbelief on that one.

#1060 3 years ago

As long as my play field and cabinet show up pristine its all good....everything else can be fixed or replaced

#1061 3 years ago

I've seen several mentions of playfield service protectors so that you don't scratch the side art when pulling the playfield. I tried searching and I can't find these. I'd hate to get my new gnr and then damage it.

Can anyone tell me where to order these?

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm reminded of the newbie that had a meltdown over his coindoor latch falling off during shipping of his NIB ACNC. I'm still in disbelief on that one.

Yeah, that was really friggin bizarre.

My dad says this every once in a while “that’s the kind of person that would bitch about them not using a new rope as he’s being walked to the gallows”.

Not exactly sure where that saying comes from, but I assume it’s from the old west. Basically meaning that some people will bitch about anything.

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

My LE arrived in Richmond today delivery coming tomorrow by 5pm. Woohoo!

Thought you were a CE?
Unless.....

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

I've seen several mentions of playfield service protectors so that you don't scratch the side art when pulling the playfield. I tried searching and I can't find these. I'd hate to get my new gnr and then damage it.

pinball life has them

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

My LE arrived in Richmond today delivery coming tomorrow by 5pm. Woohoo!

Nice. I'm in richmond. Still no eta on my le

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Don’t get into boating.

Already there have a Yamaha haven’t had to fix anything. You are buying the wrong boat. Somebody educate me please I have 2 Sterns that I haven’t had to do anything with and my MMRLE has needed maintenance as well as my JJP WoZ. I am in on the LE for GNR. I don’t want to have to do anything and I assume I shouldn’t have to do anything it’s ridiculous for the amount of money.

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Already there have a Yamaha haven’t had to fix anything. You are buying the wrong boat. Somebody educate me please I have 2 Sterns that I haven’t had to do anything with and my MMRLE has needed maintenance as well as my JJP WoZ. I am in on the LE for GNR. I don’t want to have to do anything and I assume I shouldn’t have to do anything it’s ridiculous for the amount of money.

I get what you’re saying, but right or wrong there is a non-zero chance you’ll have to troubleshoot the machine.

#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Wrong hobby. Buy an Xbox.

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wrong hobby. Buy an Xbox.

Even Xbox One's have HDD errors after awhile, and require removing and installing, and reapplying firmware and a rewrite.

Hell, don't even get people started on the old Xbox 360's Red Ring of Death....

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I do agree but it’s a large chunk of change. Normally if you were to buy a car people would be there to help you fix it correct? Also would not have to fix it yourself correct?

Maybe it's different where you live but I have to bring my new car in if it needs service.

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Reboot the game. Make sure you are on 1.05 (can download over WiFi) Put into switch test. Place a pinball over each sensor to verify they are working. Reboot the game. I believe the sensors auto calibrate upon each boot up.

Thx kermit. After the upgrade, the switch registered in test and seemed behaved from there onward.

The upgrade process was a little disconcerning over the number of reboots and it complaining it can't mount the drive... so wasn't quite sure if we were in a cyclic situation, but with some blind trust it all went fine.

Nice job JJP on the wireless... that went very well.

Bluetooth we failed on first attempt to connect it to the tesla near by.. but we didn't play much

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

ALWAYS always, always, tweaking/minor repairs are to be expected with NIB pinball. Especially on a brand new release. Major stuff? No. But loose bolts, connectors, lights, etc. Sure. It happens.

Exactly this, hey its pinball, games are packed with coils, switches, bulbs, ramps and steel balls that fly all over the place hitting things hard!
Not to mention the shipping of games over hundreds or thousands of miles.

Pinball machines were NEVER consumer devices they went to operators that EMPLOYED staff to maintain them, as they need constant maintenance be that out of the box, 25 games in or 500 games later.

Don't like the idea of things going wrong on your pinball machine? Well they will, so maybe take up stamp collecting.

As others have said its all down to your dealer and the manufacturer on how they support you when things do go wrong, because they will.

JJP are first class as is Phil at Pinball Heaven in the UK.

#1074 3 years ago

has anyone made a decent gameplay video ??

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Thought you were a CE?
Unless.....

He is getting both. The LE today to tie him over til he gets his CE. I’m heading over his house tonight to play. Hell yeah.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 3 years ago

I just heard 2,000 GNR LE’s sold in 10 days

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Thats what I'm hearing also and 2500-3000 between all models...

#1078 3 years ago

It’s a good possibility that all LE’s will sell out by early next year.

That’s some serious cash injection into JJP... with that kinda cash that is on the table JJP should invest in getting the factory pumping out the games... Double shifts if they have too!

Get these games out before Stern release another title.. LZ.. I’m not concerned with, but you can bet that Stern WILL be looking at the games they have in development and picking one that WILL derail JJP G&R momentum.

Back To The Future... James Bond.... the hint at one of these games coming out will affect sales

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Thought you were a CE?
Unless.....

I got one of the first 100 LEs from someone on pinside who didn’t want the game because I don’t like waiting, even though I ordered my CE direct and ordered it 1 minute after release, I figured it would be a while. After playing it in PA I had to have it ASAP. Also, it’s already presold for when my CE arrives so it’s not a loss one way or another just a few month or two of playing.

#1080 3 years ago

So do we think there will much more additional code added?

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

A pinball machine. Stop trying to compare this hobby to something else. It’s unique, and not for everyone.

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Somebody educate me please I have 2 Sterns that I haven’t had to do anything with and my MMRLE has needed maintenance as well as my JJP WoZ.

You’re lucky. Enjoy your games. All companies make great games and all companies’ games will have issues from time to time. Only way to shield yourself from this completely is to buy used so you can inspect before you buy.

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

has anyone made a decent gameplay video ??

Buffalo pinball has on on YT as well as what the flip on twitch

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

If that's true, that would be incredible.

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Starting to think my SE should be the one with the numbered badge, haha. Joking, the LE is an incredible machine, I can see why its selling so well. As many others have stated we are supposed to have real shipping times for first run games, so that should be interesting.

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Automated services. Was going to be picked up last Friday, but there was a mixup. Paid in full, day one though.

I hope this means I get mine soon. I ordered from Automated day 1 as well, but to pick up in person.

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I feel sorry for your distributor.

Your #1 problem is, as you say, “I assume I shouldn’t have to do anything.” You should actually assume you have to do everything.

The money you pay is for a ticket to the show. If you don’t like how the show might be performed, you best not buy a ticket because you’re gonna get burned.

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My mate spent $20K on a mountain bike and the chain fell off first ride.

Ha!

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It’s a good possibility that all LE’s will sell out by early next year.
That’s some serious cash injection into JJP... with that kinda cash that is on the table JJP should invest in getting the factory pumping out the games... Double shifts if they have too!
Get these games out before Stern release another title.. LZ.. I’m not concerned with, but you can bet that Stern WILL be looking at the games they have in development and picking one that WILL derail JJP G&R momentum.
Back To The Future... James Bond.... the hint at one of these games coming out will affect sales

I don’t think a ship the size of Stern could change direction that quickly.
And misdirection would backfire!

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think a ship the size of Stern could change direction that quickly.
And misdirection would backfire!

I think it could by Feb/ March when the next game after LZ

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

meltdown over his coindoor latch falling off during shipping of his NIB ACNC.

That is still the highlight of that thread .. and everyone posting their coin door locks when they got the machines. Brilliant!!

#1092 3 years ago

Spooky began including this inspection sticker after that. LOL

z83491b941684c941485f52ee0f0bb6002a2afa9a (resized).jpgz83491b941684c941485f52ee0f0bb6002a2afa9a (resized).jpg

#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Wow thats awesome if true....if u include the CE's thats over 2500 games they need to deliver.....lets hope they can build more than 60 games per week

#1094 3 years ago

Anyone know if the media during songs is from the concert screens? Or is made for the game? There is some crazy fun animations. The terminators during you could be mine... the TRON like animation etc.

The album mode for Chinese democracy is hilarious

#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow thats awesome if true....if u include the CE's thats over 2500 games they need to deliver.....lets hope they can build more than 60 games per week

Was just thinking that, and with SEs currently on the line, it could be a long time for LE owners.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Was just thinking that, and with SEs currently on the line, it could be a long time for LE owners.

or CE buyers....At 60 games/week thats more than 10 months....they must be able to make more games than that?

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone know if the media during songs is from the concert screens? Or is made for the game? There is some crazy fun animations. The terminators during you could be mine... the TRON like animation etc.
The album mode for Chinese democracy is hilarious

My understanding is the footage was from concert screens, not created just for the game.

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

That is still the highlight of that thread .. and everyone posting their coin door locks when they got the machines. Brilliant!!

Link to this thread please? I gotta read this!

#1099 3 years ago

I wonder if there is a way to pull the concert animations from the hard drive, or mod it, where it only shows concert animations and not the concert footage.

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Spooky began including this inspection sticker after that. LOL
[quoted image]

I remember taking that picture!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/22?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.