IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 567.
#11401 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

thanks for the fast responds.
I am not so expierenced. How can activate it manually (in the menu?). I manually rolled several times the ball through this gate (no action on the matrix screen tiles. Is it the wired gate or additional sensor?
ty

It's just a switch with a blade on it, right (not an opto)? If so, just push up on that specific switch blade on the playfield all the way with your finger while you're on that switch test screen and see if the screen beeps and the error clears.

If that doesn't work, do the REVERSE of that, and pull the blade down a little to see if the switch is bound and bringing the blade away from the switch a little releases it.

#11402 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

We have a location GNR, the Keys proximity switch is fluttering. Is there a way to adjust it, or disable it to make it playable for location?
Unfortunately people are walking away from it at the moment.. like a stuck switch constantly awarding 10 points.

Auto-Calibration fixes this along with a reboot.. but seems like it’s happening frequently. it's one common board where the piano and shooter lane proximity switches are all on. Seems like it’s usually the exact same switches that had drifted on.

Its also noteworthy we didn't have any problems until we updated to the current code.

#11403 2 years ago

Hi, I have an odd problem. A ball trough error message, but when I enter the switch test everything works just fine. Did anyone else have this issue?

#11404 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just a switch with a blade on it, right (not an opto)? If so, just push up on that specific switch blade on the playfield all the way with your finger while you're on that switch test screen and see if the screen beeps and the error clears.
If that doesn't work, do the REVERSE of that, and pull the blade down a little to see if the switch is bound and bringing the blade away from the switch a little releases it.

I turned on the pin this morning (error message and red on the switch), made a few games, now is no longer displayed errors in the switch overview, strange. I have done nothing.
I will keep an eye on this, thanks for the tips.

#11405 2 years ago

I have when I bought black mirror plates and coloured plastic protectors installed at the same time. Looks very cool.
Spiegelbleche 2 (resized).jpgSpiegelbleche 2 (resized).jpg

#11406 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I turned on the pin this morning (error message and red on the switch), made a few games, now is no longer displayed errors in the switch overview, strange. I have done nothing.
I will keep an eye on this, thanks for the tips.

Sometimes if a switch doesn’t register after a certain number of games it will show up in the error report upon boot up. It’s the games way of showing you a potential issue. Once the switch gets activated the error goes away

#11407 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have when I bought black mirror plates and coloured plastic protectors installed at the same time. Looks very cool.
[quoted image]

Looks great. What kind of scoop protector is that? Doesn’t appear to be a cliffy

#11408 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

[quoted image]

I love mirror blades , they just open up games so much .

#11409 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Looks great. What kind of scoop protector is that? Doesn’t appear to be a cliffy

My other pin has fully cliffy protectors, here I choose the little bit thicker ones by a german engineer, who spends a lot of time and testing to fix the scoop in the best way. In our german pinball forum all GnR owners are very satisfied with these ones. The guy dont have an own shop, you can buy the set here
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/artikelphotos/img_141740b_xl.jpg it´s the item "GNR-PROT-SET".
Same guy also made the (very similar to Cliffy) Shootler Lane protector: https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/artikelphotos/img_141663b_xl.jpg
Item GNR-PROT-SLM
All stuff at Freddy Pinball Paradise https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?n=5&s=5&e=50&p=1&o=1&guid=6073600&m=&l=1

#11410 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sometimes if a switch doesn’t register after a certain number of games it will show up in the error report upon boot up. It’s the games way of showing you a potential issue. Once the switch gets activated the error goes away

exactly what I noticed with my first pin; what i don´t understand is that manually testing wasn´t notices in the test menu. seems a bit too sensitive.

#11411 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Here’s a video of the new Pinstadiums in action. Mind you I had to record the video so this is just the game in attract mode! Songs are a whole other animal!
[quoted image]

Can't find the video.. is it me?

#11412 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ha , Not you , just a picture

#11413 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Shit, I thought I deleted this post! Apologies, didn’t realize I couldn’t upload a video directly, so I was going to repost once I uploaded the video somewhere else and could link to it. Here the video:

#11414 2 years ago

I was having trouble with plunged balls falling back down the shooter lane, so fixed using a method somewhere earlier in this thread. Added washer on top of the gate, which slightly lowers the metal flap. Working great now!

E23EC1AB-55B3-4F26-A5EC-024F10C4E492 (resized).jpegE23EC1AB-55B3-4F26-A5EC-024F10C4E492 (resized).jpeg
#11415 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

...I appreciate the fact you won’t have to remove the light bars every time you need to raise the playfield, but they still adhere to the sides. For me, the biggest annoyance about Pinstadiums is the width that the magnetic tape adds to the sides; especially if yours like me and can’t help but add mirror blades to every game you own! So for me the mounts are not a game changer, the lights themselves that’s a different story!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's an interesting idea.

#11416 2 years ago

So much blinking. Why ruin the light show?

Quoted from atg1469:

Shit, I thought I deleted this post! Apologies, didn’t realize I couldn’t upload a video directly, so I was going to repost once I uploaded the video somewhere else and could link to it. Here the video:

#11417 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So much blinking. Why ruin the light show?

Everyone is going to have their opinion, and rightfully so. You say “ruin”, I say “enhance”! Again, I’ll try and take some video of a song in action, may do more justice to the experience than just the attract mode.

#11418 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

[quoted image]

Where did you buy the colored protectors?

#11419 2 years ago

Hey guys

I got the call from JJP that my machine is very close to shipping. I am really torn about going ahead with the purchase. I have been super excited about the game, and the one-of-a-kind gameplay experience it offers. And it combines our families passion for live music with pinball. But it is heartbreaking to see all of the playfield issues and other quality issues with the game. Any word on what these new post kits are that JJP is shipping out? I have hopes that can help keep the playfield issues at bay. So ultimately, the tough question is, is the game really worth it given all of the challenges to keep the game going? Are there a lot of GNR owners that are happy with the game? I know I see some here on the forum, but they seem to be drowned out by so many folks having problems with the game.

Thanks,
MacJedi

#11420 2 years ago

I'm in the same boat MacJedi! Amazing game but nervous about all of the reported playfield issues.

I already delayed my order once and the next opportunity I can get a game is in July. I assume my games build date would be June.

My question though is has JJP taken additional measures since the April build date games to prevent playfield issues? Are different washers and or posts now being used?

#11422 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Everyone is going to have their opinion, and rightfully so. You say “ruin”, I say “enhance”! Again, I’ll try and take some video of a song in action, may do more justice to the experience than just the attract mode.

Thanks for sharing this. I'll hold my opinion until I see it during play because I can totally appreciate dynamic sequencing differences in a song compared to linear attract, but right now I'm leaning towards jalpert taking it from attract mode to distract mode ..

#11423 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
I got the call from JJP that my machine is very close to shipping. I am really torn about going ahead with the purchase. I have been super excited about the game, and the one-of-a-kind gameplay experience it offers. And it combines our families passion for live music with pinball. But it is heartbreaking to see all of the playfield issues and other quality issues with the game. Any word on what these new post kits are that JJP is shipping out? I have hopes that can help keep the playfield issues at bay. So ultimately, the tough question is, is the game really worth it given all of the challenges to keep the game going? Are there a lot of GNR owners that are happy with the game? I know I see some here on the forum, but they seem to be drowned out by so many folks having problems with the game.
Thanks,
MacJedi

I was nervous as well so I ordered a playfield protector and when it was installed everything was gone through completely. Get your game, just go through and QC your own game before you play a ball on it. You will be glad you did, I am loving it so far!

#11424 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
Thanks,
MacJedi

Based on all the recent evidence, buy and install the PETG washers recommended by Fooflighter. That appears to prevent any playfield damage around the posts.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed to work, but if I were in your position (and I jealously wish I was!) I’d make the purchase

#11425 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
Thanks,
MacJedi

Just my opinion .
There are obviously people with Playfield issues and other problems with this game .
BUT with the amount of games that have gone out , I think a majority of people do not have these issues .
That does not excuse jjp on how they are responding to people with these issues .
You can take some simple steps to help protect your Playfield from potential issues .
Mechanically , I don't think GNR has any more issues than any other pin , especially considering it lacks any complicated mechanical mech's .
I bailed on a Potc ce and lost a $1,500 deposit because of the mechanical issues , lack of assets and the code not being what I hoped for .
I'm nervous about Playfield issues like everyone else but with some preventative steps , I think it's well worth it .
GNR is definitely one of the best pins I have played .

#11426 2 years ago

I think after you get the game, if you go back and re-read your post, it might make you laugh. This pin is that good. You're not without tribal knowledge and resources here, and add in confidence in your fix/mod skills, it's totally a no brainer.

Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
Thanks,
MacJedi

#11427 2 years ago

First thing that anyone should do when they get the game is to go through and put 3/4” plastic washers under every post they can find. You should order 30 of them. If you do this preventive measure I think it’s safe to say at this point, based on people playing over 1,000 games since adding the washers, that your playfield will be perfectly fine. Fingers crossed of course

#11428 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
Thanks,
MacJedi

I say go for it! The game and experience are worth it. If you do get a chipped post (I did), you will get angry. But if you maintain it, the anger will slowly disperse and you will be able to enjoy the game again. It is one of the best in my opinion.

#11429 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have a new magnet coil on the way as well. Turns out there is a fuse under the coil wrapper that blows. I guess it is not easily replaceable because they just mailed me an entire new coil.
Maybe they have addressed this issue with coding so it won't happen again. But I have no idea if they have or not.

My magnet blew about 4 mos back (1.06 code?). JJP sent a replacement that I let sit for months. With the game at 1.22, I decided to put the new coil in a couple weeks ago. It was fairly easy, but does require soldering. So far so good with the new magnet - fingers crossed. So sweet to hit that extra ball shot through the pops with the magnet.

#11430 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:I was nervous as well so I ordered a playfield protector and when it was installed everything was gone through completely. Get your game, just go through and QC your own game before you play a ball on it. You will be glad you did, I am loving it so far!

Good advice. Fooflighter did an excellent write up about this process and it's a key post now. So definitely reference that.

What Playfield protector? Link pls?

#11431 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Did you happen to install the cliffy there? My cliffy wasn’t flush with the inside of the hole closest to the player and it caused the ball not to settle in the hole consistently. I had to remove it and bend it into shape to sit flush and it’s been perfect since. Maybe mine got bent out of shape in shipping.

I did actually. Good idea to check. It was all working great up until last night so I’ll dig in better and look. Thanks

#11432 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Where did you buy the colored protectors?

its same distributor, they call it Convolux, great update. https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206723

Check for MIX FLUORESCENT, Guns N' Roses CE, PROTECTOR (#6723MIX), same for LE.
Main colour is yellow, upper field with red and green, I love it.

#11433 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

its same distributor, they call it Convolux, great update. https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206723
Check for MIX FLUORESCENT, Guns N' Roses CE, PROTECTOR (#6723MIX), same for LE.
Main colour is yellow, upper field with red and green, I love it.

Anyone have a link to where can I find clear plastic protectors?

#11434 2 years ago

Does anyone know what the video resolution is for the smaller playfield monitor? 1280x800 maybe?

#11435 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Anyone have a link to where can I find clear plastic protectors?

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
all colours available (producer of Concolux an best PF protectors)

#11436 2 years ago

Hey folks I have 2 questions. One is how to reduce the amount of balls that come out during a song mode (there is just a constant ejection of 6 balls) and the other is what flipper strength most people have their game set at. Thanks!

#11437 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
all colours available (producer of Concolux an best PF protectors)

Wow an entire plastic playfield protector. Has anyone put this on their GnR pin? Looks like quite a job, but might be worth it. Obviously it looks like a pretty much a full disassemble. Curious exactly how much of a task it is, how long it takes and what are the issues you have to deal with along the way and afterwards because of the change adding a couple millimeters to the playfield? I guess the cliffy's will still fit.

#11438 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wow an entire plastic playfield protector. Has anyone put this on their GnR pin? Looks like quite a job, but might be worth it. Obviously it looks like a pretty much a full disassemble. Curious exactly how much of a task it is, how long it takes and what are the issues you have to deal with along the way and afterwards because of the change adding a couple millimeters to the playfield? I guess the cliffy's will still fit.

they are the best, i have them in my 2 pins, a must have. and the guy from https://www.playfield-protectors.com/ is producing and optimizing since many years, like Cliffy

#11439 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

they are the best, i have them in my 2 pins, a must have. and the guy from https://www.playfield-protectors.com/ is producing and optimizing since many years, like Cliffy

Have you installed on your gnr? If so, how long did it take you? What was the disassembly like and reassembly? Also, what surprise modifications did you have to make as a result of putting on the play field? Any new hardware or posts or screws let no longer work? This is very tempting and I'm not sure why there's not a whole lot of talk about this on this forum. Maybe nobody has one?

#11440 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

In my opinion germany‘s Pinball Universe playfield protectors (called Playfield Shield) are far better and more accurate. They also offers clear plastic protectors called clip. Both are looking great on the GnR. As far as I know it is distributed in the US via Mezel Mods

#11441 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Given that the playfield seems to have ink adhesion issues, a playfield protector on jjGnR is probably a one-way trip because art and clear could come up if it's removed in the future. Seems like risky overkill.

#11442 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that the playfield seems to have ink adhesion issues, a playfield protector on jjGnR is probably a one-way trip because art and clear could come up if it's removed in the future. Seems like risky overkill.

A playfield protector is not glued. It is loose lying on top of the playfield and you can easily remove it by cutting with a scissor. No problem with the Playfield clear

#11443 2 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

A playfield protector is not glued. It is loose lying on top of the playfield and you can easily remove it by cutting with a scissor. No problem with the Playfield clear

All the ones I've seen have adhesive on the backing. If there's no adhesive, that's eliminates the potential lifting of art. Still seems like overkill vs addressing just the known problem areas around posts, though.

#11444 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All the ones I've seen have adhesive on the backing. If there's no adhesive, that's eliminates the potential lifting of art. Still seems like overkill vs addressing just the known problem areas around posts, though.

No adhesives on German Playfield protectors and really common in Europe. Preserves Playfields. After removing you have a new Playfield under it. And it is not for eliminating of the current GnR problems. It is common in Europe on all new pins. If ordered the distributor installs it before delivery. Very nice

#11445 2 years ago

So my center VUK coil is out on my LE. JJP won't get back to me. Is this an common issue and is there an easy fix?

#11446 2 years ago

Very common, they don't get back to anyone.

#11447 2 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

So my center VUK coil is out on my LE.

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - does the switch in there work ?

Tests - Coils - does it fire ? Any others not firing ?

Check wires at the coil. Check connector for it at the I/O board.

LTG : )

#11448 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - does the switch in there work ?
Tests - Coils - does it fire ? Any others not firing ?
Check wires at the coil. Check connector for it at the I/O board.

Switch works, the coil does not fire. I checked all the wires and messed with it a bit and it then fired once on the next test, but no more. Thanks, will look in more detail.

#11449 2 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

messed with it a bit

Where did you mess with it ?

If at the coil lugs. I'd reflow the solder on them. And dig around the thin wires from the coil windings to the coil lugs. Easy to have a crack or break you can't see.

#11450 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Very common, they don't get back to anyone.

Yep, I’ve been waiting months for another magnet coil. I have owned the LE for 6 months and have had a working magnet for a day or two. No word from JJP on this issue (has it been fixed in the software? Was there a huge batch of defective thermal fuses?) of course.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/229?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.