IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 569.
#11251 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

I talked with wcbrandes and we've got a plan to get him going. Thanks for chiming in guys!

Yup turned out I had the first edition of the new tweeters so I just filed the housing down about 3 to 4 mm and bang the glass now has room to get up and in! Thanks for everyone's help and I have to say the sound now is sooooo much better than stock although I too have a 12 inch external sub! The highs needed attention for sure so thankyou Pinwoofer!

#11252 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Hi guys
I’m a total noob when it comes to pinball. I love gnr and have a deposit down on an LE. I’m worried about all the play field stuff I see on here. Is there something I can do to prevent this that is easy. I will be able to fix nothing and will probably have to pay someone to come service The machine. I’m not worried about minor issues that a novice like me won’t notice but I’d like the thing ti work properly and not get ruined. Any help appreciated

Unfortunately there is no easy fix for any potential issues. Mine is a May build and I’ve had it for a couple of weeks. 100 plays in and no playfield issues. I didn’t do any additional preventative work. The waiting part is tough. But it’s worth it. The game really is amazing and really comes alive after you get the hang of it. It’s so much more than just a light show. It’s just a super addicting game.

#11253 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks for everyone's help and I have to say the sound now is sooooo much better than stock although I too have a 12 inch external sub! The highs needed attention for sure so thankyou Pinwoofer!

My pleasure! Please note that the fit issue was resolved months ago by adding the scallop as punkin indicated. Enjoy!

#11254 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Hi guys
I’m a total noob when it comes to pinball. I love gnr and have a deposit down on an LE. I’m worried about all the play field stuff I see on here. Is there something I can do to prevent this that is easy. I will be able to fix nothing and will probably have to pay someone to come service The machine. I’m not worried about minor issues that a novice like me won’t notice but I’d like the thing ti work properly and not get ruined. Any help appreciated

I have no damage, chipping or pooling after around 200 plays on my May LE. I installed 7/8" mylar and petg fender washers under two of the more problematic posts; the 'Lock' post and the one in the bumpers. My left outlane post and slings came from factory with black nylon washers.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/mylar-post-ring-kits?_pos=1&_sid=bcd26957f&_ss=r

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

#11255 2 years ago

I was thinking about picking up G&R LE. What is the typical wait for the game?

#11256 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was thinking about picking up G&R LE. What is the typical wait for the game?

My opinion only ... Everyone has one.

Direct from JJP, at least 8 or 9 months, from disty depends on who, ask them... From used market, your choice.
Someone just posted they ordered from a small disty on March 31 and got it now... That's a unicorn.

#11257 2 years ago

Getting close to a bigger announcement

85881DC5-595B-4DAE-9D4C-3E5CA0C9C645 (resized).jpeg85881DC5-595B-4DAE-9D4C-3E5CA0C9C645 (resized).jpeg
#11258 2 years ago

For the players that regularly average games over 10 million….

When in 2ball booster multi balls, are you playing slowly or just go ham? Meaning do you try to catch and cradle the balls and aim for every jackpot?

Obviously the more balls in play the faster you gotta flip.

I feel like I need to focus and play in control more, especially with this game more so than others, as I am aiming and shooting on the fly 90% of the time. Looks like jackpots are very important when it comes to song levels

#11259 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For the players that regularly average games over 10 million….
When in 2ball booster multi balls, are you playing slowly or just go ham? Meaning do you try to catch and cradle the balls and aim for every jackpot?
Obviously the more balls in play the faster you gotta flip.
I feel like I need to focus and play in control more, especially with this game more so than others, as I am aiming and shooting on the fly 90% of the time. Looks like jackpots are very important when it comes to song levels

I just go ham and and I also try and bring in all 4 booster mb at the same time if I can.

#11260 2 years ago

Can anyone elaborate on this a bit please .What does it mean by “all 3 in lanes can be cycled to move GnR letters “.I’m struggling with patch collecting I’ve noticed sometime I nudge them ball to the GNR lane and it doesn’t register a letter also I’ve let balls drop from UPF and not advanced a letter .Trying to understand this .I’m finally playing consistently better I’m trying to learn a little more every play the game is slowing down finally

C1A72AF7-FDC8-4F4D-B50F-C98998D3A559 (resized).pngC1A72AF7-FDC8-4F4D-B50F-C98998D3A559 (resized).png
#11261 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I just go ham and and I also try and bring in all 4 booster mb at the same time if I can.

watching Karl’s streams it looks like he sets up the boosters all before bringing MB in is this a fair assessment ?

#11262 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Can anyone elaborate on this a bit please .What does it mean by “all 3 in lanes can be cycled to move GnR letters “.I’m struggling with patch collecting I’ve noticed sometime I nudge them ball to the GNR lane and it doesn’t register a letter also I’ve let balls drop from UPF and not advanced a letter .Trying to understand this .I’m finally playing consistently better I’m trying to learn a little more every play the game is slowing down finally
[quoted image]

Not sure why your letters aren't registering. You should be spotted a letter from the UPF when not in song mode or the G N R lane. Might have a finicky switch or opto? Just guessing. You should be able to cycle the letters through all 3 lanes. For example you get an A in the Amp lane..you can hit the right flipper and move it to the G N R lane so now you would have a lit G...you could also switch it back to the A M P lane and have your A back. It works the same through all 3 lanes as well as the top AXL lanes.

#11263 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Not sure why your letters aren't registering. You should be spotted a letter from the UPF when not in song mode or the G N R lane. Might have a finicky switch or opto? Just guessing. You should be able to cycle the letters through all 3 lanes. For example you get an A in the Amp lane..you can hit the right flipper and move it to the G N R lane so now you would have a lit G...you could also switch it back to the A M P lane and have your A back. It works the same through all 3 lanes as well as the top AXL lanes.

Thank you .Is that timed after the switch is rolled over ? Like do you just have a short time to switch it over before it sticks ?

#11264 2 years ago

I’ve never noticed this .The pin has been very fast thinking for me lmao .So much going on it’s awsome .

#11265 2 years ago

These are the only 3 posts that I haven’t put a petg washer under yet. Can anybody confirm if any of these 3 are problematic? Posts are under right ramp, upper part of coma outlane, and behind the left most pop bumper.

1A715437-CB17-413F-A1C3-958989CCEFDC (resized).jpeg1A715437-CB17-413F-A1C3-958989CCEFDC (resized).jpegFBBA3140-8484-4D2D-877C-BD3F29227EC2 (resized).jpegFBBA3140-8484-4D2D-877C-BD3F29227EC2 (resized).jpegFECB94BB-5043-4DEB-898F-D4DB2FAC1E70 (resized).jpegFECB94BB-5043-4DEB-898F-D4DB2FAC1E70 (resized).jpeg
#11266 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

These are the only 3 posts that I haven’t put a petg washer under yet. Can anybody confirm if any of these 3 are problematic? Posts are under right ramp, upper part of coma outlane, and behind the left most pop bumper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, yes, and yes...

On your 3rd pic I also put a PETG under the rail mount (both rail mounts to make the rail even height) and both posts..

All the pics below I just took.. and these are after a 1000 plays after the fixes ...They all had pooling and they were all ironed out... With no further damage
20210615_214423~2.jpg20210615_214423~2.jpg20210615_214654~2.jpg20210615_214654~2.jpg20210615_214609.jpg20210615_214609.jpg20210615_214633.jpg20210615_214633.jpg
20210615_215648 (resized).jpg20210615_215648 (resized).jpg

#11267 2 years ago

Also if people think my PETG use is excessive ...well it may be... but here's what I see when I play the game

20210615_220120.jpg20210615_220120.jpg

#11268 2 years ago

Anyone have any idea why all of the LEDs on my GNR SE would just stop working? The only ones still working are on the guitar over the left ramp, which I noticed do not go through the same board as the rest of the LEDs. Does this mean I need an entirely new board, the one that all of the rj45 connectors are plugged into? The board is getting power as I can see a little green light by the power cord.
Other than the LEDs, the only problem I can see on the testing menus is the sensors also appear to be non-functioning.

20210615_193857 (resized).jpg20210615_193857 (resized).jpg20210615_194249 (resized).jpg20210615_194249 (resized).jpg
#11269 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thank you .Is that timed after the switch is rolled over ? Like do you just have a short time to switch it over before it sticks ?

It's just an opto from the UPF and a rollover for the lanes. When you press the flipper, it simply shifts the letters left and right...they stay where you want them until the lane is completed then they reset.

#11270 2 years ago

Every post has the possibility of being problematic.

Quoted from konghusker:

Can anybody confirm if any of these 3 are problematic?

#11271 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve never noticed this .The pin has been very fast thinking for me lmao .So much going on it’s awsome .

Next time you’re in between balls, check to see if any of the inlanes have an insert lit. If so, press one of the flipper buttons and watch how they cycle lane to lane.

If you have 2 inserts on JAM inlane, for example, and you press left flipper, those 2 inserts will cycle to the GNR inlane. Press again and they’ll move to the JAM inlane.

#11272 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yes, yes, and yes...
On your 3rd pic I also put a PETG under the rail mount (both rail mounts to make the rail even height) and both posts..
All the pics below I just took.. and these are after a 1000 plays after the fixes ...They all had pooling and they were all ironed out... With no further damage
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like I got more work to do then. Thanks for the info.

#11273 2 years ago

Can the song patience be permanently opened up or does it have to be opened with every new game?

#11274 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Looks like I got more work to do then. Thanks for the info.

No problem...glad to help

#11275 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Can the song patience be permanently opened up or does it have to be opened with every new game?

Only way to open Patience is to acquire the GNR Lies patch. So it would have to be done each game that you wanted to play the song.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11276 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also if people think my PETG use is excessive ...well it may be... but here's what I see when I play the game
[quoted image]

Always loved that pic! Where did you get your flipper tops?

#11277 2 years ago
Quoted from KCPinhead:

Anyone have any idea why all of the LEDs on my GNR SE would just stop working? The only ones still working are on the guitar over the left ramp, which I noticed do not go through the same board as the rest of the LEDs. Does this mean I need an entirely new board, the one that all of the rj45 connectors are plugged into? The board is getting power as I can see a little green light by the power cord.
Other than the LEDs, the only problem I can see on the testing menus is the sensors also appear to be non-functioning.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at the manual, looks like fuse Fx00 handles all the feature and GI RGB lights. I'd check that. Sounds like you may have blown it.

#11278 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Every post has the possibility of being problematic.

Pinside’s unofficial motto!

#11279 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Always loved that pic! Where did you get your flipper tops?

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/guns-n-roses-jjp

They have red and white or red and black in addition to art blades

#11280 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looking at the manual, looks like fuse Fx00 handles all the feature and GI RGB lights. I'd check that. Sounds like you may have blown it.

If the sensors are also not working (as your picture showed), definitely something wrong with that board or associated stuff. Did the USB cable fall out there or up in the head? Does the LED on the board blink? Fast or slow? When you turn the game on, do all the LEDs come on in their test mode?

#11281 2 years ago

This is what is did better then nothing,nylon sleeve reduced to a snug fit

84682B2D-4B8F-4F8D-8FA6-1753E7374C22 (resized).jpeg84682B2D-4B8F-4F8D-8FA6-1753E7374C22 (resized).jpeg
#11282 2 years ago

fooflighter - could you tell me how many posts are there?

Game has yet to arrive.

The PETG washers.. are they Pinballlife.. and what size do I need to order.

Thanks

#11283 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Another quick and easy way could be to use some plumbers silicone tape , or electrical or sticky tape , to pad it out ?
Your way looks much more professional , I'm just thinking if you have nothing else .

IMG20210616223349 (resized).jpgIMG20210616223349 (resized).jpg
#11284 2 years ago

How many posts you want to protect is up to you. I haven't seen evidence that every posts chips. What tends to happen on JJP machines is there is a handful of frequently impacted posts that might bubble or chip, the rest are fine. But if you have the time and inclination to take action for each post in the game, I say go for it.

The only downside really is doing more harm than good if you aren't careful taking things apart/putting back together. I know on pirates there were examples of bubbling posts that had not chipped until the washer was removed, and the paint went with it. So if you do it, take your time.

#11285 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the Cliffy for the drain? I am having some issues with the ball hanging up where circled. Appreciate if anyone has a pic of the correct placement!

F5F2CBC1-33FF-4C80-9B56-0F3CC8182B73 (resized).jpegF5F2CBC1-33FF-4C80-9B56-0F3CC8182B73 (resized).jpeg
#11286 2 years ago

I had that same hang-up, I just bumped it over a bit to avoid the curve and only cover the flat area, here's a pic.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#11287 2 years ago

Here are the posts I've seen evidence of damage here on Pinside (green and red), the green ones came from factory with nylon washers on mine and show no bubbling whatsoever so I've taken no action on those. If there are pics of damage to other posts let me know.

GnR_PF_LE (resized).pngGnR_PF_LE (resized).png

#11288 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Did almost similar, but also took a longer post. So it extend more under the playfield. Even going to add another nut on there. Now it can't move anymore. Ordered longer posts for the rest too.

20210616_000454 (resized).jpg20210616_000454 (resized).jpg
#11289 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did almost similar, but also took a longer post. So it extend more under the playfield. Even going to add another nut on there. Now it can't move anymore. Ordered longer posts for the rest too.
[quoted image]

Now this I highly recommend. If your problematic posts don't extend through the bottom, and don't have lock nut, would fix that asap. Newer builds come with longer posts and lock nuts from the factory.

#11290 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I had that same hang-up, I just bumped it over a bit to avoid the curve and only cover the flat area, here's a pic.[quoted image]

Thanks!!

#11291 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Curious...Do you have the measurements for the outer and inner diameters?

#11292 2 years ago

The number of the neighbor of the beast arrived yesterday:

1BF54741-21F2-450F-9B8E-AF7E38827958 (resized).jpeg1BF54741-21F2-450F-9B8E-AF7E38827958 (resized).jpeg

#11293 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

[quoted image]

"Right next door to hell" GnR

#11294 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

fooflighter - could you tell me how many posts are there?
Game has yet to arrive.
The PETG washers.. are they Pinballlife.. and what size do I need to order.
Thanks

Quoted from jarozi:

How many posts you want to protect is up to you. I haven't seen evidence that every posts chips. What tends to happen on JJP machines is there is a handful of frequently impacted posts that might bubble or chip, the rest are fine. But if you have the time and inclination to take action for each post in the game, I say go for it.
The only downside really is doing more harm than good if you aren't careful taking things apart/putting back together. I know on pirates there were examples of bubbling posts that had not chipped until the washer was removed, and the paint went with it. So if you do it, take your time.

What Jarozi said...there is no hard fast rule.

To be safe get 25 3/4 inch and 5 7/8...should be plenty.

I first replaced all that I could easily reach...then moved on to some that required disassmbly or fabrication of the washer. Then finally used large metal #8 or #10 where I couldn't fit a PETG but none existed before. How and where you put them is up to you and will vary from machne to machine. I started the process at 50 and as I saw new pooling, would fix on the fly to my current state.

All in all, I would say I replaced about 25 washers with PETG and about 5 - 7 metal...not one post that I fixed ever got worse, and no new pooling has been encountered

#11295 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

[quoted image]

Congrats! I'm sure the plate# before yours was pulled from the box a long time ago . Maybe we will get to know who the owner is someday...

Order date? Disty/JJP?

Glad to see another arrival!! Definitely a slow trickle... Does anyone know what their output production per day or week is?

#11296 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Where did you find this nylon sleeve?

#11297 2 years ago

Would this be the correct longer post you guys are ordering? How many would a guy need?

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base-15430.html
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#11298 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

More importantly than game #... what is the build date?

#11299 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

[quoted image]

Technically the neighbor would be 668, more across the street from the beast

#11300 2 years ago

petg.pngpetg.pngHey all, been getting a lot of PM requests on PETG washers...the how many, where, why etc questions.

To make it easier on me, thought I'd type up a little memo summary for reference. I'll add more to this if new updates happen or change.

Issue: Playfield pooling, chipping, art tearing

Cause: Clearcoat, loose posts, overtorqued posts, bent washers, metal washers, no washers, too small washers

Fix: Debateable but for me, the best solution is PETG. The runner up is Cliffy carbon. The only reason the Cliffy is ranked 2nd is that it is adhesive (most likely permanent, possibly tearing up art if removed, covers up existing surrounding art near damage, requires a metal washer on top of it for true protection. Whereas the clear PETG provides enough rigidness to stand alone, can see underlying art clearly, can be easily removed, can be easily cut and fabricated to fit.

Results: My results and pics have all held up 1000+ plays post fixing. I am not guaranteeing this for everyone as all the playfields seem to vary, but from others feedback, this seems to be the best method currently. I am providing this for those who wish to continue to play their game while preserving what is there without further damage and repairing what may already be. This isn't to debate pooling or why or why not we should have to fix our $$$ machines.

Parts Needed:

20 - 25 clear 3/4 inch PETG washers. They can be obtained from many sources but my goto has been Pinball Life https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

You can also find colored ones from Titan pinball https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134&search=washerand use them in special areas...The upper playfield for example, I used a blue 3/4 inch for example.. See pic below

20210616_115025.jpg20210616_115025.jpg

5 clear 7/8 inch PETG washers. Used sparingly on some areas to cover more art area or to fit flush against other machine washers, rails or posts to give extra rigidity.

Set of various metal washers. Should be standard in any pinball repair arsenal but here's a link if you don't have any:

https://www.amazon.com/Sutemribor-Stainless-Steel-Washer-Assortment/dp/B07CQM4R1B/ref=asc_df_B07CQM4R1B/

washer (resized).pngwasher (resized).png

Tools Needed:

Long skinny hex drivers (sold at most big box hardware stores in kits)
Long skinny phillips head driver to reach areas under ramps
Small wrenches to get into tight areas
Telescoping magnet tool for parts retrieval https://www.pinballlife.com/telescoping-magnet-tool.html
Vinyl Iron kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007TQWK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The Process and fix:

(***Disclaimer - any modifications done are solely at the discretion of the owner and I do not take responsibility for over ironing, or further damage to your playfield employing the methods below)

1. Unfortunately, there isn't a hard fast rule for preventing or stopping the pooling and chipping if left untouched. I'm just relaying my best possible solution fix that has held up for over 1000+ plays now after my applied fixes and still going strong with no spreading wear or new areas of pooling around new washers.

2. You can take a complete "protect it all" method straight out of the box or just protect the easier to tackle posts and employ a monitor fix methodology. I started seeing pooling at around 25 plays and started employing my techniques until around 250 plays. From that point I had no further damage and employed 29 new washers (and or larger metal replacements). Yes, you read that correctly 29. But, most are hidden from view and the clear PETG is the other advantage. You can cover large areas and multiple washers and it doesn't fill your playfield with unsightly washers. Here is a sample (some - not all of some of the problem areas I have had). https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP4pdonoGuVuEIqsBgtvZatV44oSnM2201uhGO_RYpcWJqY59vya8bPQ5-JNP0WDw?key=TkVjVngyMWhISTJZN05Mb1huLUloNjZiZ0tzV2dR

3. Technique:

a. Examine. What do you need to fix? Take a close look and document it all. Tackle the posts you can get to, save other areas for small projects. For example, you can combine removing the upper playfield to

Install cliffy scoop protectors

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197148 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/171#post-6243689, and while you're at it, install all the PETG you can.

b. Document and record. Take pictures. Label if necessary. When disassembling ramp areas or a new part, I lay the parts out in a line as I remove them so that I can work backwards and forwards for various stages of assembly and clearly see what screws and washers go where and when. It's a simple technique but very helpful once you have a bunch of various screws and washers of different shapes and sizes.

c. Trial fit. Lay out your fixes first. Determine what you need. A couple clear washers? A clear and a metal? A larger metal? What fits what and where? I try to always butt up a washer against another surface if I can to give the washer support. See the pic below as an example. Notice the post on the left ...here is where I used a 7/8 washer that sits against the inlane guiderail spacer. More support, less risk of movement and stress.

20210610_004145.jpg20210610_004145.jpg

d. Apply Iron fix technique. Yelobird and Buffalo pinball provided great step by steps and videos for this process.

Yelobird method

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

Buffalo Pinball video

I allow my areas to cool to the touch after about 30 minutes and then apply the washers. I don't wait extended periods of time...maybe an hour max before reapplying the washers and this hasn't resulted in any mushy clear or repooling.

Some areas, I could not fit a 3/4 inch PETG so I upgraded those areas to a larger metal washer or cut a sliver off the PETG (they cut very well with scissors and do not fracture or crack..I also used a file on some to notch an area, the inlane washer near the AMP GNR lanes for example.

I also fabricated some of the clear PETG (cut slits, or cut portions of) to fit next to other metal posts or rails.

20210610_004430 (resized).jpg20210610_004430 (resized).jpg

e. Hand assemble posts back in position. I use hand tools and the 2 finger and a thumb tightening rule, that way it's snug yet not cranked down. Remember, the longer the tool, the more torque applied with the same force. Do not over tighten!!!! Can't stress this enough The PETG allows minor flexing and you should be able to get a very snug tight rigid fit of your post without "cranking down the post". The washer then provides very little contact with the playfield and doesn't dig in like the smaller metal washers do. See the pic below, the black circle around the post shows you the point of direct contact the washer makes with the playfield.

20210511_205944.jpg20210511_205944.jpg

f. Test fit your ball clearances. Most posts including the ones unprotected by a bumper will allow full clearance of the ball to the playfield without interference. But you always want to check to make sure.

20210531_111336 (resized).jpg20210531_111336 (resized).jpg

g. Reassemble. Work slowly and backwards using the parts in reverse order that you have lined up, following your documentation and pics if necessary. Use the right tool for the right job. Don't force something if it's not correct. Use proper hex drivers and screw drivers for specific areas. The last thing you want is a stripped thread, or screw or nut that no longer functions or makes the issue worse. Worse yet, damaging areas or the playfield or assemblies trying to force something.

h. Protect while working. Use thick microfiber towels to protect the playfield from falling parts, and also to brace parts away from each other. Disassembling a ramp for example or partially removing the upper playfield. The towel can cushion and support the piece temporarily without scuffing or damaging other parts of the game.

Use a thick card (business card) or at least a sheet of paper under metal ramp flaps to protect playfield if you are moving the ramp without disassembling from playfield entirely. This will prevent wear and scratching while working

i. Inspect your work after every 10 plays. Keep an eye on areas you fixed and always look out for new areas and apply the fixes accordingly and soon.

j. You will eventually arrive at a custom stopping point for your machine that will result in no further damage or pooling and you can finally start to enjoy the machine again. Take your time and have "Patience" - yes pun intended.

Please let me know if this helped you and if there is anything you'd like me to add or change.

At the end of the day, remember, it's about playing the game, not inspecting every square inch with a microscope. Hopefully these fixes will allow your anger to fade over time and bring back the true enjoyment this game can give. This is my view from a player's perspective. Washer's and all!

Thanks a bunch and happy flipping!
20210616_121351.jpg20210616_121351.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.