IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 568.
#11201 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I would really appreciate High_End_Pins insight I to this development.. could this indeed by the cause of the pooling/chipping.
What would you High_End_Pins do for the posts?

That might explain things in some areas but not all.
You have this happening in other areas that are low traffic and some that have plastic post. Itā€™s happening on other titles as well so in my opinion itā€™s deeper than this but the observations made are insightful and have basis,
If the post canā€™t rock it canā€™t do damage. True!!
Just because a post does rock should that cause this type of damage?
Are there no other games in history that a post can get loose and rattle around a bit?
If there are do they have this type of damage?
I really and sincerely donā€™t have a horse in the race.
I use Mirco playfields when needed and I havenā€™t had negative dealings with him nor JJP. I donā€™t care about the latest thing at all when it comes to pinball. Todayā€™s new game is tomorrowā€™s restoration so I am glad they are being produced.
What I do have is some insight as to what I would expect of a playfield and how as well as when and where it should show significant signs of use and under what circumstances.
In my opinion these are poor outcomes to common and expected uses and very fast timeframes.
I donā€™t know if itā€™s just a sign of the times or a flawed product. I just know itā€™s not what I am used to nor would expect.

#11202 2 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

That might explain things in some areas but not all.
You have this happening in other areas that are low traffic and some that have plastic post. Itā€™s happening on other titles as well so in my opinion itā€™s deeper than this but the observations made are insightful and have basis,
If the post canā€™t rock it canā€™t do damage. True!!
Just because a post does rock should that cause this type of damage?
Are there no other games in history that a post can get loose and rattle around a bit?
If there are do they have this type of damage?
I really and sincerely donā€™t have a horse in the race.
I use Mirco playfields when needed and I havenā€™t had negative dealings with him nor JJP. I donā€™t care about the latest thing at all when it comes to pinball. Todayā€™s new game is tomorrowā€™s restoration so I am glad they are being produced.
What I do have is some insight as to what I would expect of a playfield and how as well as when and where it should show significant signs of use and under what circumstances.
In my opinion these are poor outcomes to common and expected uses and very fast timeframes.
I donā€™t know if itā€™s just a sign of the times or a flawed product. I just know itā€™s not what I am used to nor would expect.

Thatā€™s a great breakdown. But letā€™s say that if you did an HEP and a customer showed you the chipped art and pooling damage on one of your restores (which has never ever happened on your watch), Iā€™m betting this wouldnā€™t be acceptable to you and you would remedy it right? I donā€™t think the issue is the damage vs JJPā€™s radio silence on this issue

#11203 2 years ago

For those who've upgraded their GNR LE's with Pinwoofer GT kits, did you order this kit without tweeters:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1196-pinwoofer/04694-guns-n-roses-pinwoofer-gt-8in-jersey-jack-pinball-super-kit

Or this kit with the backbox tweeters?

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

Not sure which kit to order, do the tweeter upgrades even make a difference? Mostly looking for more bass and midrange.

Thanks

#11204 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

For those who've upgraded their GNR LE's with Pinwoofer GT kits, did you order this kit without tweeters:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1196-pinwoofer/04694-guns-n-roses-pinwoofer-gt-8in-jersey-jack-pinball-super-kit
Or this kit with the backbox tweeters?
Not sure which kit to order, do the tweeter upgrades even make a difference? Mostly looking for more bass and midrange.
Thanks

Must... Have.... Tweeters. Yes.
I think the pinside page needs updating. I think there is only 1 super kit which includes tweeters. Go to pinwoofer site.

#11206 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Must... Have.... Tweeters.

Thanks Vespula - apprciate the clarification!

WoZ YBR, Dialed In!, Pirates, Wonka and GNR do include the tweeter upgrade. Since March of 2021 you can buy it on PinSide or on the site link below and you'll get tweeters:

We'll review and as needed fix the listing on PinSide.

Dan

#11207 2 years ago

Just joined the club! Ordered 3/31 and delivered LE #806 today. Has a May born on date. Amazing game but having a few issues. Some of the rollover switches are causing stuck balls (which I am seeing is a common issue) and my Start button stopped working. I cannot see anything obvious as to the wires plugged into it but it does not work and switch doesn't register in test mode. The LED for the Start button does work however. Any ideas where to troubleshoot? Also, are the keys to the backbox hidden somewhere, I can't find them....

#11208 2 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Also, are the keys to the backbox hidden somewhere, I can't find them....

Hanging on a hook on the side of a coin chute inside the game on the coin door.

LTG

#11209 2 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Some of the rollover switches are causing stuck balls

Carefully adjust the wire arm down a tiny bit. Make any adjustments past the body of the switch so you don't effect the flat metal blade the wire arm is attached to effecting where it pushes the tiny knob into the body of the switch. A tweak or two and the switch will still work in Tests - Switches - Matrixed, yet not trap the ball. Be sure you had at least a 6 1/2 degree pitch on your playfield too. To help the weight of the ball roll over the switch.

Quoted from jclausing:

my Start button stopped working.

Right inside please push the connectors together tighter, where the ones for the coin door join the cabinet wiring. Not seated good I'd suspect first. Be sure you can hear the switch click when you push the start button in.

LTG : )

#11210 2 years ago
Quoted from bumper123:

Vespula,
Put the washer side up and the sleeve goes into the playfield hole. Then the energy of the ball hitting the post is absorbed by the playfield hole not the surface not the playfield surface. The drawing attached is a sample.
Just a thought.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This looks like a great option vs just a washer. I would give them a try if they are made.

#11211 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

C
Right inside please push the connectors together tighter, where the ones for the coin door join the cabinet wiring. Not seated good I'd suspect first. Be sure you can hear the switch click when you push the start button in.

Here's what I'm seeing by the start button. Does that plug go somewhere or the connector with red female end? The start button wires don't appear to plug in anywhere near there, it looks like they wind down to the lower cabinet and up to the head. (Found the keys, thanks!)

16237307760907252668965530703310 (resized).jpg16237307760907252668965530703310 (resized).jpg

#11212 2 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Does that plug go somewhere?

No.

See the black connector. It belongs on your switch.

#11213 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
See picture. See connector circled in red. Unplug it and then plug back together real tight and push wires in on both sides. See if that helps.
[quoted image]

Got it! That red female connector was the culprit, popped off the switch. Thanks LTG!

#11214 2 years ago

Curious question Iā€™m owner le #0591.
I noticed after watching my son play a game, he wasnā€™t able to get enough shots to keep the meter going for the song live and let die, so ofcourse flippers die but then the game continued and no ball in shooterlane for my turn. We had to power the game off turn on and everything is fine...hasnā€™t happened again after 5 games still ok.
Could it be the ball after draining from dead flippers may have not been recognized in ball trough?

#11215 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks Vespula - apprciate the clarification!
WoZ YBR, Dialed In!, Pirates, Wonka and GNR do include the tweeter upgrade. Since March of 2021 you can buy it on PinSide or on the site link below and you'll get tweeters:
We'll review and as needed fix the listing on PinSide.
Dan

Thanks for chiming in Dan. I'll place an order for the full GT kits for POTC LE, GNR LE and Wonka LE shortly. All of those games need help in the sound department!

#11216 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Rubber band is next haha. Seriously though. These outlanes are killers

My wife refused to play champ pub because one of the sides drains and only would play if I had a rubber band to block it altogether do it again if it helps keep her interest

#11217 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks very much for the info. I think we will go this way as well. Leave the posts out all together for now.
Macca101010 What do you think?

Only one way to find out

#11218 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

THIS is why JJP GnR Pinball playfields are Chipping:

Good discovery and hoping this fix worksā€¦maybe we need to tell Doc tooā€¦.

FAF888F6-65BA-4E29-9DB0-91AA027F7276 (resized).jpegFAF888F6-65BA-4E29-9DB0-91AA027F7276 (resized).jpeg
Lol

#11219 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

[quoted image]
Lol

How about trolling somewhere else and stay the hell out of the owner's thread with your incessant bullshit.

#11220 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

How about trolling somewhere else and stay the hell out of the owner's thread with your incessant bullshit.

Right on brother!See you later Jimmy!

#11221 2 years ago

Broke down and just ordered Pinsound I really hope I can tell a difference?

#11222 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Broke down and just ordered Pinsound I really hope I can tell a difference?

You mean pinwoofer?

#11223 2 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Just joined the club! Ordered 3/31 and delivered LE #809 today. Has a May born on date. Amazing game but having a few issues. Some of the rollover switches are causing stuck balls (which I am seeing is a common issue) and my Start button stopped working. I cannot see anything obvious as to the wires plugged into it but it does not work and switch doesn't register in test mode. The LED for the Start button does work however. Any ideas where to troubleshoot? Also, are the keys to the backbox hidden somewhere, I can't find them....

2.5 months from order to delivery??
Please explain... Did you get someone's cancellation through a disty?

#11224 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You mean pinwoofer?

Oh yes Pinwoofer

Don't even know what I ordered sure hope it's worth it?

Already have Subwoofer added which is nice.

#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

[quoted image]
Lol

When you were saying that crap in the Playfield thread , I thought whatever , say what you want . And when you said GNR has no flow , I knew you had no idea .
But when you say that shit here , like I said before , your opinion is irrelevant and yep I'm right .

IMG_20210615_231507 (resized).jpgIMG_20210615_231507 (resized).jpg
#11226 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW GNR TOPPER JUST ANNOUNCED!!!
The Officially Licensed JJP Guns N' Roses Pinball Topper Accessory
Looks great, affordable, and easy to install. Scheduled to start shipping in Aug/Sept.
Buy yours not before its too late! #buybuybuy
Flip N Out Pinball
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think the topper looks good and is an affordable price . If it had a couple of rotating spot lights I would be in . I just want to see the other two before making my mind up .

#11227 2 years ago

The price seems right, might have paid a bit more for some interaction. Looks on par with the previously 'free' LE toppers. But the game is such a spectacle, maybe a more subdued topper is the way to go.

#11228 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

[quoted image]
Lol

Since this is a club thread, and you're doing nothing but trolling.

mlat.gifmlat.gif

#11229 2 years ago

So are games shipping out to the U.S.? I was under the impression that dozens were supposed to be going out now... but yet I don't see unboxings or anything??

#11230 2 years ago

Officially in the club.
Game is amazing and played perfectly out of the box.

3C6C1226-031A-4C81-B890-96F29F0FAB03 (resized).jpeg3C6C1226-031A-4C81-B890-96F29F0FAB03 (resized).jpeg90AFC21F-D3AE-458F-A903-C7670EA4200E (resized).jpeg90AFC21F-D3AE-458F-A903-C7670EA4200E (resized).jpeg
#11231 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

2.5 months from order to delivery??
Please explain... Did you get someone's cancellation through a disty?

No, not at all, I was reading on here somewhere that someone said that the distro's get allotted the same number of machines regardless of their size so it might be quicker to find a smaller distro rather than going with one of the big guys. Went with a local guy that had good reviews and it worked out great. I asked him how many he got in my order and he said 3 and then told me he was only getting 3 more but not until October. Maybe I just got lucky!

#11232 2 years ago

Why does JJP use oversized pallets?

#11233 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Why does JJP use oversized pallets?

To prevent tipping and stacking is my guess

#11234 2 years ago

Wife is out of town, so I am going to have a lot of time to work on machines this weekend. Not much needs to be done to GnR except for adjusting the spinning disc and replacing the action button mech, however, I do want to spend a little more time on the playfield issues. Has anyone concluded the BEST method to mitigate further damage to the playfields? I have plastic washers, steel washers, JJP washers, mylar rings, Cliffy rings, vinyl iron, and pretty much anything else that has been mentioned in this thread. There are tears around the upper posts that I had covered with plastic washers but the damage has expanded. The lower posts had some pooling but seem to be stable for now. Thank you for everyone's input on this thread!

#11235 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

To prevent tipping and stacking is my guess

Also to prevent forks from going through and damaging the next box.

#11236 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh yes Pinwoofer
Don't even know what I ordered sure hope it's worth it?
Already have Subwoofer added which is nice.

Totally worth it.

If you have the external sub, the internal upgrade woofer isn't really necessary, but nice to have to round out the sound (much better quality than the factory) if you're playing at night and don't want wall thumping bass, but still want clear, punchy bass that wont wake the entire house..The tweeter upgrade is a must have upgrade as well as the amplifier in rounding and balancing out the sound. So nice to have controls on the fly to equalize the sound experience.

I would also recommend the line trimmer for the sub out. Makes it easy when adjusting BASS level to the external on the fly and be able to keep the Gain constant on the external sub.

I have a 12 inch 800 W Klipsch sub hooked to mine and the Pinwoofer Superkit was a night and day upgrade including the external sub

#11237 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Totally worth it.
If you have the external sub, the internal upgrade woofer isn't really necessary, but nice to have to round out the sound (much better quality than the factory) if you're playing at night and don't want wall thumping bass, but still want clear, punchy bass that wont wake the entire house..The tweeter upgrade is a must have upgrade as well as the amplifier in rounding and balancing out the sound. So nice to have controls on the fly to equalize the sound experience.
I would also recommend the line trimmer for the sub out. Makes it easy when adjusting BASS level to the external on the fly and be able to keep the Gain constant on the external sub.
I have a 12 inch 800 W Klipsch sub hooked to mine and the Pinwoofer Superkit was a night and day upgrade including the external sub

Is there directions for putting in the tweeters? everything else is installed with same external sub as yours however got the tweeters late as they were not apart of package when bought. Cheers

#11238 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is there directions for putting in the tweeters? everything else is installed with same external sub as yours however got the tweeters late as they were not apart of package when bought. Cheers

Tweeter install
https://pinwoofer.com/content/PinWoofer%20GT%20JJP%20Tweeter%20Assembly.pdf

New settings to amp
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-amplifier-settings/

#11239 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Wife is out of town, so I am going to have a lot of time to work on machines this weekend. Not much needs to be done to GnR except for adjusting the spinning disc and replacing the action button mech, however, I do want to spend a little more time on the playfield issues. Has anyone concluded the BEST method to mitigate further damage to the playfields? I have plastic washers, steel washers, JJP washers, mylar rings, Cliffy rings, vinyl iron, and pretty much anything else that has been mentioned in this thread. There are tears around the upper posts that I had covered with plastic washers but the damage has expanded. The lower posts had some pooling but seem to be stable for now. Thank you for everyone's input on this thread!

Just my thoughts on the repair with washers / Mylar rings. If the post is unsupported at the top where the ball hits it and is loose, the force would need to be distributed to the washer... as a sliding moment. This pressure and sliding moment on the surface is basically pushing the clearcoat to pool until it makes a dam or it cracks the surface material. It is like holding a pencil by the eraser and trying to stop the top from moving... the moment at the playfield is amplified because of the lack of support when the ball hits. The clamp pressure of the washer / bolt assembly is only as good as the friction between the two surfaces.

The thought would be to sleeve the top of the bumper post within the playfield hole so the post is snug and supported at the level of the playfield....The force of the ball will be less when it hits and places the energy to the hole not the surface. Like a choking up on the bat in baseball

#11240 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I donā€™t think anyone has the magic answer which is why the issue continues to fester. If JJP can give us owners a constructive answer it would reduce a lot of the backlash and calm the storm, Iā€™m sure.

That said, from personal experience with both GNR and Deadpool, Mylar has certainly helped prevent further damage. Couple that with a washer for safe keeping and you should be good on areas that have chipping.

For pooled areas, Iā€™m not sure - either PETG washer or double wrap it with Mylar ring + factory washer (or PETG washer).

#11241 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

wcbrandes - install is pretty straightforard but give a shout if you need my assistance.

#11242 2 years ago

Hi guys
Iā€™m a total noob when it comes to pinball. I love gnr and have a deposit down on an LE. Iā€™m worried about all the play field stuff I see on here. Is there something I can do to prevent this that is easy. I will be able to fix nothing and will probably have to pay someone to come service The machine. Iā€™m not worried about minor issues that a novice like me wonā€™t notice but Iā€™d like the thing ti work properly and not get ruined. Any help appreciated

#11243 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Hi guys
Iā€™m a total noob when it comes to pinball. I love gnr and have a deposit down on an LE. Iā€™m worried about all the play field stuff I see on here. Is there something I can do to prevent this that is easy. I will be able to fix nothing and will probably have to pay someone to come service The machine. Iā€™m not worried about minor issues that a novice like me wonā€™t notice but Iā€™d like the thing ti work properly and not get ruined. Any help appreciated

Wait awhile and buy a used game from a trusted pinsider that has a game with no issues and is dialed in would be your best option. Once JJP gets all the orders out the door and everyone plays it there will be ALOT of them on the used market, some under 8k with major issues and some over 10k+ with perfect playfields is the way I see it playing out.

#11244 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There is an install pdf online

https://pinwoofer.com/content/PinWoofer%20GT%20JJP%20Tweeter%20Assembly.pdf

#11245 2 years ago

Just got this unsolicited invoice from JJP. Barry already gave me a bunch of the good plastic washers last month. I'll post back when I see what's in this kit. I had a support ticket in with my Distro already and JJP know that I fixed all my issues with clear PETG and ironing 1000 plays ago with a now beautiful playfield but still was sent this today.

201218707_10223566013451871_3311841608279305513_n (resized).jpg201218707_10223566013451871_3311841608279305513_n (resized).jpg

#11246 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

wcbrandes - install is pretty straightforard but give a shout if you need my assistance.

All straight forward however can not get the back glass back in as it is hitting the tweeters? Also don't see any side on tweeters that's flatter? Cheers

#11247 2 years ago

It's in the tweeter instructions, they have a little scalloped side from memeory.

#11248 2 years ago

Everything is absolutely symmetrical and there is no difference to any side except where the terminals are. I must be loosing it

20210615_121758 (resized).jpg20210615_121758 (resized).jpg
#11249 2 years ago

Looks different to mine, i'm sure Dan will pipe in.

#11250 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

All straight forward however can not get the back glass back in as it is hitting the tweeters? Also don't see any side on tweeters that's flatter? Cheers

I talked with wcbrandes and we've got a plan to get him going. Thanks for chiming in guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/225?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.