IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 567.
#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The video is the same. It's a machine screw, so I'm assuming a T-nut or lock nut under the playfield at the very least, but a T-nut would be better than a lock nut, but still not sufficient given the large size of those holes.

Ah ok, the way heard him he described how only a couple threads held that post in to the t-nut and nothing else. Whereas mine is; post, washer, t-nut, lock nut. My misunderstanding.

#11152 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

For those who have Mirror blades installed how were you able to get them to line up? I purchased a black pair from pdi and there isn't enough clearance to line the holes up.
[quoted image]

I installed a set of regular mirrors, which are nuts. Doubles your hot rail effect. Anyway, mine also didn't line up and these were sold as Bally/WMS/JJP compatible. For what it's worth the same set fit my AFMR the same way, off center. But I installed anyway. It does cause a bit of a gap up top. But I also invested in blade protectors since I was told GnR was a tight fit with blades and art. So far so good, in play you don't notice the gap.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
IMG-1265 (resized).jpgIMG-1265 (resized).jpg

IMG-1267 (Medium) (resized).jpgIMG-1267 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#11153 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Ah ok, the way heard him he described how only a couple threads held that post in to the t-nut and nothing else. Whereas mine is; post, washer, t-nut, lock nut. My misunderstanding.

Maybe JJP did a running change and uses longer post threads now. But with either version the main problem seems to be way too much slack on the hole the post goes into.

#11154 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I installed a set of regular mirrors, which are nuts. Doubles your hot rail effect. Anyway, mine also didn't line up and these were sold as Bally/WMS/JJP compatible. For what it's worth the same set fit my AFMR the same way, off center. But I installed anyway. It does cause a bit of a gap up top. But I also invested in blade protectors since I was told GnR was a tight fit with blades and art. So far so good, in play you don't notice the gap.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html
[quoted image][quoted image]

So what did you do to install? Did you just place them over the hinge bolts?

#11155 2 years ago

I can not wait for Keith and team to implement the 'start the game with a song' mode. My family loves to see the song modes but some have trouble reaching them. Alas I'm the only pinhead in the house. When I had MMR and AFM they loved those because it was 'shoot here for awesome'. Looking forward to that with the new mode. My wife upon playing GnR reacted that she 'liked that I started with a song in that other one you had. (AC/DC)'. While I personally appreciate the current approach immensely, the super casuals will LOVE starting in a song mode I think. Regardless, the game is so good as is.

#11156 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So what did you do to install? Did you just place them over the hinge bolts?

Yes, I installed them with the hinge bolts partially covered by the blades, same as in my AFMr. Yuck, need to clean that glass
IMG-1268 (resized).jpgIMG-1268 (resized).jpg

#11157 2 years ago

Love Liors mods

8B628648-F0BF-429F-8BEC-98E428318EB2 (resized).jpeg8B628648-F0BF-429F-8BEC-98E428318EB2 (resized).jpegE70ADD28-B715-4FD5-B980-E2D1CD47134C (resized).jpegE70ADD28-B715-4FD5-B980-E2D1CD47134C (resized).jpeg
#11158 2 years ago

ZaphX deactivated his account?

#11159 2 years ago

I bought the black mirror version and needed to cut a bit off the back in order to get them to line up properly with the hinges. Just used a dremel to cut them, maybe removed a quarter inch at best.

Quoted from jarozi:

Yes, I installed them with the hinge bolts partially covered by the blades, same as in my AFMr. Yuck, need to clean that glass
[quoted image]

#11160 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Lost a good resource there.

Probably got tired of helping, and getting crap.

LTG : (

#11161 2 years ago

Anything that causes the washer to slide is a real problem.

Quoted from darkryder:

Got my GNR LE setup with some other music pins. Holy crap, this game is completely off the hook, WOW! Havenā€™t even played it yet as I plan to install Cliffy and PETG protection first, but damn this thing is bad ass even in jukebox mode. The light show is really something else. Definitely going to do a sound system upgrade on this beauty as the factory sound is pretty weak and needs more bass. This pin is bolted down forever, itā€™s a damn work of art. JJP absolutely crushed it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome line up there man, congrats!
I need one of those robot eyes for when I get my one, itā€™s so T2.

#11162 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Thank you Sir! In the future, all of the pins will be together. For now, AC/DC Luci and Aerosmith LE are in another room. The fiancƩ and enjoyed playing a bunch of songs in jukebox mode this evening. The live concert footage and light shows orchestrated to each song are amazing. Cannot wait to play this thing once the proper playfield protection is installed! I actually saw GNR for the Not in this Lifetime tour a few years ago and this game brings back good memories.

#11163 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If anyone knows him personally, tell him heā€™s already missed. I have so many of his posts saved, I know I owe him a beer. Man thatā€™s such a shame.

#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wish I spoke this language.
It sounds smart and I appreciate the knowledge and right way to do something, but I don't know how to translate this and produce this result on my own.
I could definitely accomplish with a specific parts list (preferably Amazon) and a write up with steps and preferably pictures....
Even better is a fully made GnR mod kit that I can buy. Any takers? I bet this would fetch $150-$200 bucks easy for a kit and would sell a lot.

There is nothing to it. Just connect the digital in (solder or just use a connector on the wire)for the rail stripes to your under cabinet 2812 stripes. Add power.

#11165 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hope he wasn't offended by the take it to the " I'm sick of hearing about the playfields thread "
It was genuinely meant in a lighthearted , tongue-in-cheek way .
A few people were pissed , even after it was explained that it was a joke , I get it , but that's not going stop me from trying to have some fun and lighten up the place .
Sometimes we can all get a bit too serious about what's meant to be a fun hobby .
Although , there's nothing funny about art work coming off your playfield .
Jjp needs to come up with a better solution than buying your game back , which no one wants to sell , because it's such a great game .
It's such a pitty these Playfield issues are detracting from such a awesome game that Eric has made .

#11166 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

If anyone knows him personally, tell him heā€™s already missed. I have so many of his posts saved, I know I owe him a beer. Man thatā€™s such a shame.

i second that .

#11167 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I hope he wasn't offended by the take it to the " I'm sick of hearing about the playfields thread "
It was genuinely meant in a lighthearted , tongue-in-cheek way .
A few people were pissed , even after it was explained that it was a joke , I get it , but that's not going stop me from trying to have some fun and lighten up the place .
Sometimes we can all get a bit too serious about what's meant to be a fun hobby .
Although , there's nothing funny about art work coming off your playfield .
Jjp needs to come up with a better solution than buying your game back , which no one wants to sell , because it's such a great game .
It's such a pitty these Playfield issues are detracting from such a awesome game that Eric has made .

Whatever. He dished me on the daily, every time I posted something to bitch about my issues with JJP, he trolled me immediately. Once he started getting some static back because of his behavior, he took his ball and went home. Grow thicker skin, the internet is a scary place sometimes.

#11168 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

THIS is why JJP GnR Pinball playfields are Chipping:

If anyone can give me the an accurate caliber size of the post and the hole size in playfield I can design a sleeve that holds the post firm. Then someone can try it to see how it works.

I am still waiting on my machine.

#11169 2 years ago

Quick update on my mirror blade issue. So i was able to line up the mirrors but the window glass channel has to come out and both can't be in at the same time. I know exactly what needs to be cut off for it to fit but I do not have the tools to do so I am going to have to return the mirrors.

Appreciate all the help people have given me

#11170 2 years ago

bumper123
A threaded sleeve the diameter of the existing hole ?

#11171 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

bumper123
A threaded sleeve the diameter of the existing hole ?

Vespula,

Need post diameter that are loose, and the hole size in the playfield, and the depth of the hole to the faster (approximately).

If we make a bushing it will hold the post stiff an spread the load.. wouldn't need washers and would take the impact of the ball better.. I can sketch sometime up... put it on the 3d printer to try.

Just a thought.

#11172 2 years ago
Quoted from bumper123:

Vespula,
Need post diameter that are loose, and the hole size in the playfield, and the depth of the hole to the faster (approximately).
If we make a bushing it will hold the post stiff an spread the load.. wouldn't need washers and would take the impact of the ball better.. I can sketch sometime up... put it on the 3d printer to try.
Just a thought.

Vespula,

Put the washer side up and the sleeve goes into the playfield hole. Then the energy of the ball hitting the post is absorbed by the playfield hole not the surface not the playfield surface. The drawing attached is a sample.

Just a thought.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11173 2 years ago

The above is what I was thinking also.. there is a silicone company that can make bushings to size..

All I need is the dimensions.

#11174 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The above is what I was thinking also.. there is a silicone company that can make bushings to size..

#11175 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I posted this on the other JJP thread the other day. Just from a quick google search.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit: Here's a place that sells the flanged sleeves: https://www.mcmaster.com/spacers/multipurpose-flanged-sleeve-bearings/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11176 2 years ago

Pinhead

Exactly...This would remove the surface issue that they are having and support the post from moving in the first place when the ball hits it. I would worry that the silicone would allow too much movement. Try a simple 3d PVC / PLA - Machined sleeve would be better.. drops in from the top.

#11177 2 years ago

NEW GNR TOPPER JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

The Officially Licensed JJP Guns N' Roses Pinball Topper Accessory

Looks great, affordable, and easy to install. Scheduled to start shipping in Aug/Sept.

Buy yours not before its too late! #buybuybuy

Flip N Out Pinball
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

GnR_topper_17 (resized).jpgGnR_topper_17 (resized).jpgGnR_topper_23 (resized).jpgGnR_topper_23 (resized).jpggnrtopper (resized).jpggnrtopper (resized).jpg
#11178 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Quick update on my mirror blade issue. So i was able to line up the mirrors but the window glass channel has to come out and both can't be in at the same time. I know exactly what needs to be cut off for it to fit but I do not have the tools to do so I am going to have to return the mirrors.
Appreciate all the help people have given me

I would think you'd would be able to trim the channel receiver by half a millimeter with an exacto knife. Isn't it just plastic?

#11179 2 years ago

Quoted from mbwalker:

I posted this on the other JJP thread the other day. Just from a quick google search.
[quoted image]
Edit: Here's a place that sells the flanged sleeves: https://www.mcmaster.com/spacers/multipurpose-flanged-sleeve-bearings/[quoted image]

Why not just leave the posts out of the machine all together?

Has anyone tried this to see what happens?

#11180 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW GNR TOPPER JUST ANNOUNCED!!!
The Officially Licensed JJP Guns N' Roses Pinball Topper Accessory
Looks great, affordable, and easy to install. Scheduled to start shipping in Aug/Sept.
Buy yours not before its too late! #buybuybuy
Flip N Out Pinball
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Price?

#11182 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

$199 plus shipping

Great price!

#11183 2 years ago

The topper just went on line at CoinTaker about five minutes ago. The site says an August delivery, but knowing JJP I'd guess later in the Fall. https://cointaker.com/products/jersey-jack-guns-n-roses-pinball-topper-not-shipping-until-august

#11184 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Why not just leave the posts out of the machine all together?
Has anyone tried this to see what happens?

Yea - I took the upper playfield post out and laid down a circle mylar around the hole. Game plays fine without it.

I dialed down the pop power to the lowest setting, so I havenā€™t removed the pop post yet. I put the mylar circle down and have a petg washer ready, but I ordered a longer shank post from PBL so that I could have plenty of bite in the T-Nut. Will probably lock nut it too if enough is sticking out of the T-Nut.

#11185 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

THIS is why JJP GnR Pinball playfields are Chipping:

I would really appreciate High_End_Pins insight I to this development.. could this indeed by the cause of the pooling/chipping.

What would you High_End_Pins do for the posts?

#11186 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I would really appreciate High_End_Pins insight I to this development.. could this indeed by the cause of the pooling/chipping.
What would you High_End_Pins do for the posts?

Search the playfields pooling thread, Chris has already gone into detail there. Suffice to say, the opposite of what we are doing.

#11187 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yea - I took the upper playfield post out and laid down a circle mylar around the hole. Game plays fine without it.
I dialed down the pop power to the lowest setting, so I havenā€™t removed the pop post yet. I put the mylar circle down and have a petg washer ready, but I ordered a longer shank post from PBL so that I could have plenty of bite in the T-Nut. Will probably lock nut it too if enough is sticking out of the T-Nut.

Thanks very much for the info. I think we will go this way as well. Leave the posts out all together for now.

Macca101010 What do you think?

#11188 2 years ago

Iā€™m not a very good nudger, so I added a couple of star posts to limit the cheap drains. Of course they sit on 3/4ā€ plastic washers.

Now my son and I have a chance at starting 2-3 songs per game lol.

3C78A3D4-953A-4D46-82C4-FEE793A971AF (resized).jpeg3C78A3D4-953A-4D46-82C4-FEE793A971AF (resized).jpeg836A0E94-6310-435E-9F0D-4020D9B609FD (resized).jpeg836A0E94-6310-435E-9F0D-4020D9B609FD (resized).jpeg
#11189 2 years ago

Is everyone using preventative measures and putting the PETG on every post or just the ones with chipping? I read someone said you may cause more damage by trying to use preventative measures and it got me thinking......

#11190 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Is everyone using preventative measures and putting the PETG on every post or just the ones with chipping? I read someone said you may cause more damage by trying to use preventative measures and it got me thinking......

Iā€™ve got a plastic washer on every post I could get to. So far so good. Truth is nobody knows what is good to do and not good to do. But I will say doing nothing is the worst thing to do.

#11191 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Iā€™m not a very good nudger, so I added a couple of star posts to limit the cheap drains. Of course they sit on 3/4ā€ plastic washers.
Now my son and I have a chance at starting 2-3 songs per game lol.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can the ball even got down the outlanes??

#11192 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can the ball even got down the outlanes??

It sure can and still does lol

#11193 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Then you should use a wider star post so it doesnā€™t

#11194 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Then you should use a wider star post so it doesnā€™t

Rubber band is next haha. Seriously though. These outlanes are killers

#11195 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

PLAY BETTER!!!!!!!!!

D304CF37-2156-4961-B95A-981BEC082093 (resized).jpegD304CF37-2156-4961-B95A-981BEC082093 (resized).jpeg
#11196 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Your next mod..

Screenshot_20210614-190713_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210614-190713_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11197 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Your next mod..
[quoted image]

And then I drill a mini post between the flippers

#11198 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

These outlines are killers

Agree. Just another option.

A160BA53-0003-4A57-8DBA-6A252C44207C (resized).pngA160BA53-0003-4A57-8DBA-6A252C44207C (resized).png
#11199 2 years ago

Agreed. Game absolutely kicked my ass this weekend. But I was working on a new strategy, cash out strategy, where my avg scores went up, but not my peek scores. Trying to get to the wizard mode and such; which I did not get to

#11200 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The video is the same. It's a machine screw, so I'm assuming a T-nut or lock nut under the playfield at the very least, but a T-nut would be better than a lock nut, but still not sufficient given the large size of those holes.

meSz suggested on the pf issue thread that a longer T-nut might help. I would assume the post hole size was drilled larger to accommodate the T-nut, so it seems if there was a longer T-nut (one that came close to the top of the pf), the post wobble would be significantly reduced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.