IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 562.
#11051 2 years ago

Can you order just enough and cut them to size?
Or do you have to do four rolls?

#11052 2 years ago

new shooter rod on the CE for me! Flipper fans installed and a pinball cover.

Played a bunch with the new fans and they do their job perfectly. I also tried to get Fender, Vater, and Duff before starting songs and I was getting huge jackpots because I could get two or even sometimes 3 band frenzies! Gun, and Microphone also boost the songs value it seems. I concentrated on tour shots and got quite a few tour multiballs and it def helped my score. Franks Drumstick for superjets was also a good patch to have. I got 90 mil and a couple 60 mil games in the last couple days, with potential for much higher scores than that now since my flippers don't get soggy.

IMG_1809 (resized).jpgIMG_1809 (resized).jpgIMG_1803 (resized).jpgIMG_1803 (resized).jpgIMG_1806 (resized).jpgIMG_1806 (resized).jpggnr towel (resized).jpggnr towel (resized).jpg
#11053 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Can you order just enough and cut them to size?
Or do you have to do four rolls?

I'll count the LEDs when I get home, one roll 16ft was enough to do all four strips. You will also need some connectors that allow you to go from wire to the LED strip I'll post links when I get home

#11054 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don’t know the LED count, but these are 50% off on Amazon:
amazon.com link »
You need to place multiple orders to get 50% off on more than 1.

Those are 30 LEDs per meter, I believe you need 60 LEDs/ meter

#11055 2 years ago

I used these leds.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHK4LNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_R84ZTPA6H6YRGFK9YZFW

I got the waterproof ones because I think the connectors go on easier.

I used these connectors
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093PH2K32

And this power supply
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PKR7YGW

Also needed some wire and t wire connectors which I already had.

#11056 2 years ago

I think I just lost 185,000,000 jackpot. Is that even possible? Did not even know it was that insane. Just playing three balls on my encore song with a high song value and then all three balls instadrained. I looked up and saw that number and my heart stopped. Totally took me by suprise. I would think it was 185,000 but I was almost to the end of the song and that deep into an encore it could not be that low. Almost did not want to play my last ball.

#11057 2 years ago

#11058 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'll count the LEDs when I get home, one roll 16ft was enough to do all four strips. You will also need some connectors that allow you to go from wire to the LED strip I'll post links when I get home

Did you only tap into the green wire which is data?

#11059 2 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions of what cables to check if the game is just randomly shutting down during play?
The playfield lights will still be on, but the flippers die and the monitor goes blank and then reboots. It will do it every game or sometimes you can play a couple games before it does it again, and doesn’t seem to occur in any particular point during gameplay.
I took off the metal plate on the back where the power cable is and made sure the cable was snug and left the plate off, I also tried to snug in and Ethernet cable connections I could see along the bottom of the pf, but no luck.
Thanks for any suggestions

#11060 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I used these leds.
amazon.com link »
I got the waterproof ones because I think the connectors go on easier.
I used these connectors
amazon.com link »
And this power supply
amazon.com link »
Also needed some wire and t wire connectors which I already had.

Awesome thanks. Where do you get the power for the power supply?

#11061 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Where do you get the power for the power supply?

Plug it into the service outlet.

LTG : )

#11062 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did you only tap into the green wire which is data?

Green (data) and white(ground) on each side. Each rail has unique data

#11063 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Anyone have any suggestions of what cables to check if the game is just randomly shutting down during play?
The playfield lights will still be on, but the flippers die and the monitor goes blank and then reboots. It will do it every game or sometimes you can play a couple games before it does it again, and doesn’t seem to occur in any particular point during gameplay.
I took off the metal plate on the back where the power cable is and made sure the cable was snug and left the plate off, I also tried to snug in and Ethernet cable connections I could see along the bottom of the pf, but no luck.

That would have been the first thing I would have said to check.

If you have an old ATX power supply around, you can swap it in and see if the problem goes away. That would be my second place to check.

#11064 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Awesome thanks. Where do you get the power for the power supply?

Service outlet

#11065 2 years ago

It has arrived... Beautiful in person.

Installed pics to follow

20210610_202918 (resized).jpg20210610_202918 (resized).jpg20210610_202952 (resized).jpg20210610_202952 (resized).jpg20210610_203028 (resized).jpg20210610_203028 (resized).jpg
#11066 2 years ago

Also dug the co-branded bottle opener. Nice work Lior and Little Shop.

#11067 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It has arrived... Beautiful in person.
Installed pics to follow[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep. Gotta have it. Ordered today.

#11068 2 years ago

Thanks, I don’t have an old atx, I guess I can try another power cable.
When you say service outlet, do you mean the surge protector it’s plugged into? It’s brand new and only one other game plugged into it and it runs fine. Also there’s no issues during attract mode, it just reboots during gameplay for some reason.

#11070 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

When you say service outlet, do you mean the surge protector it’s plugged into? It’s brand new and only one other game plugged into it and it runs fine. Also there’s no issues during attract mode, it just reboots during gameplay for some reason.

There is a service outlet just inside the coin door to right. It's always on when machine is plugged in

#11071 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It's POSSIBLE you have a short in the power cable, but if you've checked the connection to the back of the machine and it's solid, the ATX power supply is the next thing to check.

You MIGHT have some corruption on your SSD that a full USB install of the code could fix. I guess you could try that, too.

#11072 2 years ago

... and installed

20210610_205025 (resized).jpg20210610_205025 (resized).jpg20210610_205034 (resized).jpg20210610_205034 (resized).jpg20210610_205048 (resized).jpg20210610_205048 (resized).jpg20210610_205143 (resized).jpg20210610_205143 (resized).jpg
#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You MIGHT have some corruption on your SSD that a full USB install of the code could fix. I guess you could try that, too.

Yes I thought about trying a full code update today and downloaded the latest code (full) and put it into the USB port inside left of coin door, then powered the game on, I saw code loading up so I walked away and did some more things then I noticed it beeped and the game was on/loaded up way faster than normal load up sequence. This is my first Jjp to update software so I’m not sure if it actually updates, and the issues still persisted on the subsequent test games.

#11074 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yes I thought about trying a full code update today and downloaded the latest code (full) and put it into the USB port inside left of coin door, then powered the game on, I saw code loading up so I walked away and did some more things then I noticed it beeped and the game was on/loaded up way faster than normal load up sequence. This is my first Jjp to update software so I’m not sure if it actually updates, and the issues still persisted on the subsequent test games.

With your current issue you have no way of knowing since you walked away. You're going to have to try again and babysit it for 20-30 mins to make sure it didn't just reboot and not finish the job.

#11075 2 years ago

If it takes 20-30 mins for the full upload of new code then I know for a fact it didn’t install cause it was quicker than a normal boot up.
So do I do anything else special to upload the code other than pop usb drive into the empty port on the inside left of the coin door and then power the game on?

#11076 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

If it takes 20-30 mins for the full upload of new code then I know for a fact it didn’t install cause it was quicker than a normal boot up.
So do I do anything else special to upload the code other than pop usb drive into the empty port on the inside left of the coin door and then power the game on?

Nope, that's it. (But the USB thumb drive has to be prepared with ubootnetin so it's bootable and has the image unpacked on it before you do this)

#11077 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Green (data) and white(ground) on each side. Each rail has unique data

By also tapping the ground wire, it sounds like you only run the positive to the external power? Does that make it so it turns on and off automatically along with the game?

#11078 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

By also tapping the ground wire, it sounds like you only run the positive to the external power? Does that make it so it turns on and off automatically along with the game?

The connection diagram is actually on the amazon page actually. Just think of the "controller" in the diagram being one of the 3 pin drivers from the machine.
If coming off the same power supply, you don't need to connect the grounds together (since it is obv the same ground in the power supply). If you are using a completely separate power supply though, you will need to connect the grounds together to allow for the data line to have a potential difference from the ground on the LED strip.

The LEDs should turn off as per the datasheet , a reset is active low, so no data should turn them off.
Link to the datasheet:

https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/datasheets/WS2812B.pdf

I don't have my game yet, so can't test though

Hope that helps.

Screenshot_20210610-221705 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210610-221705 (resized).png

#11079 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

had to ground to both the machine and the power supply. Lights are on when Hine has power irregardless of machine power button, but that isn't an issue for me bc I controll all my machines with wifi surge protectors integrated into alexa, you can just say alexa turn on guns n roses. . . And you can give each outlet on surge protector a unique name.

#11080 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

The connection diagram is actually on the amazon page actually. Just think of the "controller" in the diagram being one of the 3 pin drivers from the machine.
If coming off the same power supply, you don't need to connect the grounds together (since it is obv the same ground in the power supply). If you are using a completely separate power supply though, you will need to connect the grounds together to allow for the data line to have a potential difference from the ground on the LED strip.
I could see the LEDs staying on in the last pattern if the separate power supply is still on and the pinball machine is turned off, as I think the ws2812 uses a logic high for so much time to reset / turn off the LED.
I don't have my game yet, so can't test though
Hope that helps.
[quoted image]

This is how I did it. I had to connect both grounds.

#11081 2 years ago

So just got my LE finally today!!! Question. The posts on mine all have washers, and the post goes all the through play field and has a washer and nut on backside. Is this how all of the problematic ones were, or did jjp change it up on recent builds? Debating if I need petg washers on any of these? Thanks

803282F1-C9BB-4DB4-96BA-68A0648917F8 (resized).jpeg803282F1-C9BB-4DB4-96BA-68A0648917F8 (resized).jpegDB43CA3D-EF16-46AB-8098-A4651EEA323A (resized).jpegDB43CA3D-EF16-46AB-8098-A4651EEA323A (resized).jpegF19E23A2-BB1A-4B18-8D56-CB2A5F1B3459 (resized).jpegF19E23A2-BB1A-4B18-8D56-CB2A5F1B3459 (resized).jpeg
#11082 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So just got my LE finally today!!! Question. The posts on mine all have washers, and the post goes all the through play field and has a washer and nut on backside. Is this how all of the problematic ones were, or did jjp change it up on recent builds? Debating if I need petg washers on any of these? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any post that takes an impact from the ball should have a PETG washer on it. I had issues with most of the post you took pictures of and mine came with metal washers too.

#11083 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope, that's it. (But the USB thumb drive has to be prepared with ubootnetin so it's bootable and has the image unpacked on it before you do this)

Ok thanks for this info Monk I greatly appreciate the help

#11084 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So just got my LE finally today!!!

Congrats! After 248 days, for the record, but who's counting?

#11085 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Ok thanks for this info Monk I greatly appreciate the help

Definitely post the solution when you arrive at it so it's here for posterity in case someone else has the issue, too.

#11086 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

... and installed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see, so that 10-149 smaller barrel spring goes inside the skull hole recess?
Also - noticed you have a GnR key ring - did your pin come with this?

#11087 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Sako, that key ring comes inside the goody bag … I bought an extra one from JJP to avoid a blank side, and glued them both

#11088 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe JJP has moved the concept of disappearing messages on whatsapp into playfields. Eventually you're playing a whitewood.

This is too funny! Save ourselves from frustration and time dealing with all the issues that come loaded with buying anything from JJP. History has shown they will not fix the PF problems. This is JJP’s fourth game in a row with PF issues. Nothing is ever going to be solved by JJP or they would have done it by now. But accepting that GNR will eventually become a white wood, might be the next best thing. Lol

#11089 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Any post that takes an impact from the ball should have a PETG washer on it. I had issues with most of the post you took pictures of and mine came with metal washers too.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure since these go through to to bottom. For some reason I was thinking the problem ones only threaded into the wood. Thanks

#11090 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Switch matrix problem , something wrong with row “x”
Go into matrixed switch test and look at all of your switchs

#11091 2 years ago

Where is everyone getting the clear petG washers? I ordered cliffys and he sells carbon fiber rings for the posts. Do you think this is just as good as the petG that’s clear? It seems like carbon fiber would protect the playfield is put underneath of the metal washers.

#11092 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yes and yes...fits perfect

Key ring was in goody bag

#11093 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Where is everyone getting the clear petG washers? I ordered cliffys and he sells carbon fiber rings for the posts. Do you think this is just as good as the petG that’s clear? It seems like carbon fiber would protect the playfield is put underneath of the metal washers.

Pinball life for petg washers. They are $0.50.

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

This is one place you can get them .
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
Personally I think Mylar circles are the way to go .

#11095 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don’t know the LED count, but these are 50% off on Amazon:
amazon.com link »
You need to place multiple orders to get 50% off on more than 1.

WS2812 ledstrips are very common, and very cheap on Aliexpress if you're patient (delivery can take some time).

Here are the ones I regularly use for my "gizmos":
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2036819167.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.517a7893sRGbvb&aem_p4p_detail=202106110524345248356825853200001705205

A 5m roll of IP30 60 led/m is 20 dollars. It can be cut anywhere to the correct lentgh, just at the pad (which are spaced every 1.5cm).

To note:
- Each led can consume up to 60mA, so if you have 5m at 60l/m is 300 leds, meaning 9A. Granted, it's full white and full brightness, so in practice it's slightly lower, but this still means you need a dedicated 5V PSU
- You need to reinject power every 150 leds or so, as the current decrease on the power line of the ledstrip. For this application therefore it's one power input for each ledstrip.
- The IP class will determine the "cover" of the ledstrip, IP30 is "raw", IP60 should give you a transparent silicon rubber above the ledstrip, which I recommend as it allows to protect the electronics
- From what I understand of the pinball electronic design, it seems to be just a matter of duplicating the data signal from the pinball ledstrip to the external ledstrip. While not strictly "by the book", it is possible to drive two ledstrips with one signal without any additional electronic (which is what has been done here I assume). If one is very picky on electronic design, you should add a single input dual output buffer. If you intend to drive two additional ledstrips (rear and back), then it's recommended to add the buffer in any case (as this would mean driving three outputs from a single control signal).

#11096 2 years ago

Couple questions. What exactly is needed to drop diverted to open upper stage, and also what do we need to do to get to the album wizard modes? Game is amazing, but so much going on I’m not sure what my objectives are at times.

#11097 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

WS2812 ledstrips are very common, and very cheap on Aliexpress if you're patient (delivery can take some time).
Here are the ones I regularly use for my "gizmos":
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2036819167.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.517a7893sRGbvb&aem_p4p_detail=202106110524345248356825853200001705205
A 5m roll of IP30 60 led/m is 20 dollars. It can be cut anywhere to the correct lentgh, just at the pad (which are spaced every 1.5cm).
To note:
- Each led can consume up to 60mA, so if you have 5m at 60l/m is 300 leds, meaning 9A. Granted, it's full white and full brightness, so in practice it's slightly lower, but this still means you need a dedicated 5V PSU
- You need to reinject power every 150 leds or so, as the current decrease on the power line of the ledstrip. For this application therefore it's one power input for each ledstrip.
- The IP class will determine the "cover" of the ledstrip, IP30 is "raw", IP60 should give you a transparent silicon rubber above the ledstrip, which I recommend as it allows to protect the electronics
- From what I understand of the pinball electronic design, it seems to be just a matter of duplicating the data signal from the pinball ledstrip to the external ledstrip. While not strictly "by the book", it is possible to drive two ledstrips with one signal without any additional electronic (which is what has been done here I assume). If one is very picky on electronic design, you should add a single input dual output buffer. If you intend to drive two additional ledstrips (rear and back), then it's recommended to add the buffer in any case (as this would mean driving three outputs from a single control signal).

I wish I spoke this language.
It sounds smart and I appreciate the knowledge and right way to do something, but I don't know how to translate this and produce this result on my own.

I could definitely accomplish with a specific parts list (preferably Amazon) and a write up with steps and preferably pictures....

Even better is a fully made GnR mod kit that I can buy. Any takers? I bet this would fetch $150-$200 bucks easy for a kit and would sell a lot.

#11098 2 years ago

Here are some pictures of my install that have been requested by a few people. Please ignore the tape on the backbox, I haven't decided on final placement yet.

20210611_130134 (resized).jpg20210611_130134 (resized).jpg20210611_130142 (resized).jpg20210611_130142 (resized).jpg20210611_130244 (resized).jpg20210611_130244 (resized).jpg20210611_130417 (resized).jpg20210611_130417 (resized).jpg20210611_130430 (resized).jpg20210611_130430 (resized).jpg20210611_130501 (resized).jpg20210611_130501 (resized).jpg20210611_130619 (resized).jpg20210611_130619 (resized).jpg20210611_130630 (resized).jpg20210611_130630 (resized).jpg20210611_132051 (resized).jpg20210611_132051 (resized).jpg
#11099 2 years ago

As PETG washers are not easy to find in my area, I've ordered polycarbonate washers... I assume they should have the same protective qualities ? I'm planning on putting Mylar rings below as suggested by some.

#11100 2 years ago

I feel like I got this game dialed in now. Fixed some minor out of the box issues. I followed Eskaybee and lowered the flipper alignment slightly and changed the flipper rubbers. Stock flipper settings and pitch at 6.8. Plays really good now. I don’t understand everyone’s high scores but I’ll get there. So much fun to play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.