IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 562.
#10951 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay thanks. I feel like it’s hard to tell if it’s maxed. If it’s on fire, is that maxed?

Yes. On fire and skull rocking out.

#10952 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Love this game but I have no idea how it works after 6 months
I went into a song with 163 level song value and got an applause jackpot for 15 million... then I go into encore with a song value of 13 and I get a 45 million jackpot
I don’t get it!

Your first sentence is funny as hell I felt the same way about Wonka,even after Zaphx broke it down.But I still got higher scores!haha

#10953 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Have you guys noticed that the JJP washers have ridges under them? I wonder if the theory is that they jam into the play field to “trap” the paint/clear and prevent it from pooling outward? They definitely leave a noticeable imprint on the play field. I wonder if we are better off putting these on every post? Any idea where these can be purchased?
On the other hand, I’ve had Mylar and the flat petg washers on all my posts and haven’t seen any issues after 500+ plays

They are in theory to stop the washer from spinning, and lifting the CC off when they spin.

#10954 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's because in my view we've identified the issue and potential workarounds. What else is there to say? What's the point of 1000 "me too" posts?

I’ve enjoyed your posts and streams. But as someone expecting delivery any day now, after spending what for me was a ridiculous amount on what I still hope is my dream pin, I would very much like to continue reading about everyone’s experiences and their actions afterwards.

I’ll certainly be sharing my own experiences, good or bad.

#10955 2 years ago

People discussing the garbage GNR play fields are not off topic, and they aren't breaking any rules. Back seat moderators should leave the moderating to the real moderators.

#10956 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. On fire and skull rocking out.

Maybe that was it. The meter was fully on fire but the skull was not rocking out. I collected a 18m jackpot but no Encore. I must have been missing shots towards the end as I got more conservative to not drain and collect the jackpot. Next time I will make sure the skull is rocking out.

Damn game has so many nuances that make it great for at home repeat play. Have to admit collecting a 18m jackpot is nice but I was let down by not getting the encore.

#10957 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm just so sick of hearing about it constantly, it's ruining Pinside. I've been leaving the playfield threads alone BTW.

Or is JJP's garbage manufacturing and complete silence about the issue ruining Pinside?

#10958 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You need to add this to the rules Wiki on Tilt Forums. Nice job.

Don't forget pintips.net as well. Handy site, and nice and bareboned for quick searching/browsing, but not a lot of people know about it.

#10959 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Don't forget pintips.net as well. Handy site, and nice and bareboned for quick searching/browsing, but not a lot of people know about it.

Cool site, thanks for the tip on pintips

#10960 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

An owners thread either turns into a total bitch fest, or 100% mods talk. It's a sad life cycle.

#10961 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

An owners thread either turns into a total bitch fest, or 100% mods talk. It's a sad life cycle.

That's...pretty insightful and accurate actually.

#10962 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's pretty common that people jump in and post without reading much prior... So there's that too... stuff keeps coming back up in waves, always will.
I'm actually surprised I've really never seen people here reply curtly to the poster to use the search. I think everyone here generally likes helping and with the rate of new pins being shipped out, part of the onboarding process is helping through dealing with playfield issues, unfortunately. It's like a GnR owners triage forum waiting for the next visit. I'll be there this year but I'm not going to be bashing, that's for the other thread... and I won't be there either.
And gently guiding anyone wanting to go off on a rant bashing to that thread I think is educationally appropriate.
This thread is team GnR!

Exactly how I feel! I’ve been following this thread and taking notes since I ordered in January. I don’t think a lot of people have the time or inclination to do the same, so I get it when I read questions that have been answered ten times, and I ain’t mad. We’re gonna see a lot of repetition. I’ve stayed mostly off since I don’t have mine yet and can’t really contribute anything, but I’m supposed to be getting mine soon and I’ll be darn happy to try to be more helpful. I don’t mind people posting about almost anything game related.

I totally get how annoying it is to read playfield concerns over and over when you’ve had your game for a while and you want to talk strategy, lost jackpots, and parse out rules more… but hey, we’re all at different stages of the process. Soon I hope to have some ability to take all the strategy posts and make some sense of what to do… but dangit, I haven’t been taking notes on that stuff!

#10963 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Exactly how I feel! I’ve been following this thread and taking notes since I ordered in January. I don’t think a lot of people have the time or inclination to do the same, so I get it when I read questions that have been answered ten times, and I ain’t mad. We’re gonna see a lot of repetition. I’ve stayed mostly off since I don’t have mine yet and can’t really contribute anything, but I’m supposed to be getting mine soon and I’ll be darn happy to try to be more helpful. I don’t mind people posting about almost anything game related.
I totally get how annoying it is to read playfield concerns over and over when you’ve had your game for a while and you want to talk strategy, lost jackpots, and parse out rules more… but hey, we’re all at different stages of the process. Soon I hope to have some ability to take all the strategy posts and make some sense of what to do… but dangit, I haven’t been taking notes on that stuff!

Out of curiosity, did you receive an ETA on your order? I have a Feb pre-order and I'm very interested to hear when Jan orders start shipping

#10964 2 years ago

I think it really depends on how many people ordered from your distributor. I ordered Jan 12, and I had called maybe 7-8 distributors to find out when they had spots available. At that point most weren’t until June/July, but I found one who had a March spot open and I put my deposit down. Then the big slowdown yada yada yada and my dist apologized that his March order was pushed to June. I called last week to see how many more months I was pushed back and was pleasantly surprised to be told that they were scheduled to receive a shipment this week and that mine was in the batch.

#10965 2 years ago

Wow, nicely done. Sounds like your distro ordered that unit before January. I ordered directly through JJP in Feb, so I'm guessing mine will arrive significantly later.

#10966 2 years ago

Also, let’s lay off zaphX a little! He’s been awesome and amazingly helpful through most of this thread and he understandably is over all the playfield stuff. I think most of us are just asking for a little understanding from him that many of us are still (im)patiently awaiting our good times or are just getting our games and haven’t had a chance to work through the setup and protection stuff yet and want to be able to express our disappointments sometimes before we get to the rock out and enjoy phase.

So if he gripes that he’s tired of gripes, eh, stop the cycle.

I finally found an LE in the wild this weekend and had an amazing time on the machine despite not being able to hear a thing. I’m reaaaaally excited to get one up at my place now! I’m not even going to mention that it had pooling and art chipping. Not a word about how that makes me nervous. Not saying a thing about how its build date was 5/21. Eh. Mine will have problems. I will deal with it. Because this thing is fun to shoot!

#10967 2 years ago

I hope sooner than you think @xelz! I don’t know how many jjp allocates themselves in the schedule or how long the queue was. But the games seem to be coming faster and more furiously here lately…

#10968 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Also, let’s lay off zaphX a little! He’s been awesome and amazingly helpful

Words of wisdom.

It never pays to p*ss off the guy you may need help from in the future. He will remember.

LTG : )

#10969 2 years ago

This should be fun!!!

757BA855-535A-486D-8D6B-5116E65FE47C (resized).png757BA855-535A-486D-8D6B-5116E65FE47C (resized).png
#10970 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I hope sooner than you think Xelz! I don’t know how many jjp allocates themselves in the schedule or how long the queue was. But the games seem to be coming faster and more furiously here lately…

I hope JJP was able to speed up production, heh.

I ran the math back when I ordered - at that time the rumor was a 3,000 unit backlog and PinMonk (IIRC) estimated 50-60 units produced per week. Assuming a week or two off for holidays, that would take exactly a year to produce my order. Which I was ok with when I ordered. If JJP delivers earlier, it'll be a welcome surprise

#10971 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This should be fun!!![quoted image]

Is the opener Wolfgang VHs band ?

#10972 2 years ago

I put my glasses on .Can’t wait to hear Mammoth .I believe it was VH original band name .

#10973 2 years ago

Still relatively new to the game, Had it less than a week, and hadnt done any research on the game play, so it has all been new to me as a figure it out. just started a game with my best ball to date on Chinese Democracy. Shattered my high score on that mode alone. Then right after that I started "do you want to play a game" for the first time. That was a bit of an "Oh Sh*#" moment.

#10974 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This should be fun!!![quoted image]

Hmmmm, fly to the GnR show or stay at home while the in-laws visit... decisions, decisions...

Btw, charge your phone!

#10975 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Hmmmm, fly to the GnR show or stay at home while the in-laws visit... decisions, decisions...
Btw, charge your phone!

I know what I would try to do!
Thanks for heads up

#10976 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I hope JJP was able to speed up production, heh.
I ran the math back when I ordered - at that time the rumor was a 3,000 unit backlog and PinMonk (IIRC) estimated 50-60 units produced per week. Assuming a week or two off for holidays, that would take exactly a year to produce my order. Which I was ok with when I ordered. If JJP delivers earlier, it'll be a welcome surprise

I have pretty much only seen JJP direct fulfilling October orders so far. I want to say maybe one November, but not sure. I don't feel like they've crossed fully into November yet. I'm 12/30 order date and was told by email on April 1st from JJP I'm looking at a fall ship date so you may be pretty accurate on your 1 year guesstimate.

#10978 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I started "do you want to play a game" for the first time. That was a bit of an "Oh Sh*#" moment.

A gem no doubt.

#10979 2 years ago

I received my limited edition today. #1109. Only a minor switch adjustment issue out of the box.

#10980 2 years ago

I think Chinese Democracy is the easiest song by far. Everything is lit, and levels progress quickly.

Quoted from brerspidur:

just started a game with my best ball to date on Chinese Democracy.

#10981 2 years ago

The very unfortunate GNR PF photos and stats that are being shown by far more than 10 people, try adding a zero or two to the 1 and it might be more accurate. (Even now appearing to most PFs, if not eventually all of them over time.)

Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Or is JJP's garbage manufacturing and complete silence about the issue ruining Pinside?

JJP is no longer silent on the issue, says Richard. Lol

Quoted from zaphX:

I am so exhausted by all the damn playfield posts on here.
Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."
Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

Here’s the issue my friend and why it’s tough to enjoy playing them, but follow this technique, cause it seems to be the size of the washers that makes the “BIG” difference:

#10982 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I was referring to the upper playfield post. The left post below the rollover lanes could certainly be removed, but the bottom rollover post would start taking the hits from the pops - I’m not sure that’s a good thing.
The easiest preventative measure is to lower your pop bumper strength. I did that on all 3 pops and still get plenty of action.

Yeah I’m gonna do an assessment and probably just remove what’s not needed. While it may change the gameplay slightly key is to avoid damage at this point

#10983 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think Chinese Democracy is the easiest song by far. Everything is lit, and levels progress quickly.

I missed a 55mil Jackpot on Paradise City. Will try Chinese Democracy tonight, I think my son has a 36 mil Jackpot in the leaderboard that I keep hearing about... need to bump him out

#10984 2 years ago

I’m starting to have a plan nightly now to try to understand the scoring more .Tonight’s goal get to Jungle with both the gun and rose patch .What other patches (if time lmao) would you suggest ? I was thinking bra/undies for double scoring do these patches stack like that ?

#10985 2 years ago

Hi fellow GnR owners. Game is amazing but I apparently suuuuuuck at it (I've saw someone missed a jackpot larger than my best score lol). What is the best guide on the rules or video that I could watch? The game seems VERY deep in terms of rules in comparison to some of my other pins but I LOVE it and want to suck at it less.

#10986 2 years ago

We all suck at this game.

Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Game is amazing but I apparently suuuuuuck

#10987 2 years ago

Hi fellow GnR owners. Game is amazing but I apparently suuuuuuck at it (I've saw someone missed a jackpot larger than my best score lol). What is the best guide on the rules or video that I could watch? The game seems VERY deep in terms of rules in comparison to some of my other pins but I LOVE it and want to suck at it less.

Look up IE Pinball on YouTube. He is a bit ridiculously good at it.

#10988 2 years ago

I ordered direct from JJP on October 18th. Just received an email today stating mine would ship in July or August. The wait continues but maybe the pf issues will be worked out by then...

#10989 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

We all suck at this game.

Yup ... But there are just enough moments when we don't to keep ya coming back for more!

#10990 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m starting to have a plan nightly now to try to understand the scoring more .Tonight’s goal get to Jungle with both the gun and rose patch .What other patches (if time lmao) would you suggest ? I was thinking bra/undies for double scoring do these patches stack like that ?

For scoring: fender! Possibly best patch in game.

Next 2 for scoring: Vader and Duff skull. They are right next to each other (and 5 clicks away from fender) so easy to access.

#10991 2 years ago

Play your booster multiballs. Collecting Jackpots in those multiballs increase your song level. But better yet, use the multiballs to help collect patches.

Learn how to light jackpots for all the boosters. A jackpot will typically light up with a bright rainbow looking insert:
• lights multiball: qualify the jackpot after hitting a certain # of ramps. The jackpot will light at the left loop and move clockwise around the pf every few seconds until collected. If it’s not collected after 2 full rotations, it will go away and ramp shots will be needed to relight.
Single, double, triple jackpot can be collected on one of the following shots:
> loops = triple jackpot
> ramps = double jackpot
> scoop = single jackpot

• AMP multiball: qualify the jackpot after hitting X amount of yellow hurry ups. Jackpots will light for following shots:
> under upper flipper = triple jackpot
> upper loop shot = double jackpot
> scoop = single jackpot

• crowd multiball: one shot lights Teal, qualify the jackpot after hitting an X amount of Teal shots. Collect the only jackpot under the upper flipper.

• Pyro multiball: switch frenzy. Jackpot lights after X amount of switch hits. Collect with action button - time it with the bar on display for single, double, triple jackpot.

Locking balls helps boost song level scoring as well.

Learn how to qualify band frenzy during a song. The fender patch helps considerably for collecting band members for band frenzy.

Last tip: don’t drain

#10992 2 years ago

Another helpful tip. Use your right ramp and the JAM lanes to get two inserts lit, then move them to the GNR lane for a patch collect.

#10993 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And the best washer in the game.

Sorry could not resist.

#10994 2 years ago

zaphx's strategy and rules video was helpful to me, it's a long one but in the first 15-20 minutes or so you'll get the most of it.

#10995 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Next 2 for scoring: Vader and Duff skull. They are right next to each other (and 5 clicks away from fender) so easy to access.

Thanks for the tips .Went decent last night, I drained a couple of times trying to hit the appetite target to switch song .Then I had built up nicely on the last ball of my last game so I just switched to jungle so could see it through . I couldn’t get the ball cradled at the end to collect the jackpot which was very frustrating but that’s what this is all about .Will be going for the same tonight hopefully with a payoff so i can move onward to another “plot”.Soooooo much fun !

#10996 2 years ago

Just got confirmation from my distributor that they will receive my LE tomorrow. Ordered on day 1. I’m getting LE095 this shows the numbering must be totally random.

#10997 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

zaphx's strategy and rules video was helpful to me, it's a long one but in the first 15-20 minutes or so you'll get the most of it.

I always appreciate his videos....

#10998 2 years ago

Just an update on shipping. I ordered on 10/11/20 directly from JJP and just got the email a moment ago regarding the pinball shipping this week. If you ordered close to this date you should be getting notification soon!

#10999 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

Just an update on shipping. I ordered on 10/11/20 directly from JJP and just got the email a moment ago regarding the pinball shipping this week. If you ordered close to this date you should be getting notification soon!

congrats

#11000 2 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

Just got confirmation from my distributor that they will receive my LE tomorrow. Ordered on day 1. I’m getting LE095 this shows the numbering must be totally random.

The collector plate numbers don't matter. The serial numbers show the actual order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/220?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.