image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 568.
#10851 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. I will dial it down via the coil settings in the game's menu. My game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.
[quoted image]

My coil stop screws fell off as well.
I was happy because I though good they have been yelled at for over tightening things. I prefer the loose I'll fix it myself approach.

#10852 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

My coil stop screws fell off as well.
I was happy because I though good they have been yelled at for over tightening things. I prefer the loose I'll fix it myself approach.

Ha. Count me in the club as well. My coil stop fell off the right flipper coil too.

#10853 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. I will dial it down via the coil settings in the game's menu. My game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.
[quoted image]

Congrats!!
That's the first time I've seen the legendary side blades installed... Do you have any more pictures of the playfield showing those? They look way cooler than I was expecting, honestly!

#10854 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Also does anyone know how to adjust the angle that scoop fires out at? Mine is way towards the center compared to the ones I see on stream and I was exploring how to adjust that when the chip happened.

Thats a touchy subject for me lmao .Follow what the vets say .

#10855 2 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from pingraffix as far as mirror or power blades ?

#10856 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I have the same problem as you. When you lower the playfield it shifts a few mm to the right and there is no room for a mirror blade at the front right. The fix for me would be to uninstall the lockdown mech and shift it a few mm left or use a dremle tool to clearance it. For now no mirror blades for me. Already spent too much time fixing the playfield and adding PETG washers. Just want to play it more and work on it less. If someone comes out with some good art blades I will go that route. JJP should be coming out with some this summer but not sure I want to give them any more money right now as I lick my playfield wounds. Still a great game but this extra overhead is not appreciated.

So, if anyone is planning on installing mirror blades and you don’t have enough room on one side versus the other. You can loosen the lockdown receiver and slide it over a bit. Now I have plenty of room on both sides for mirror blade install. Hopefully that helps someone out.

#10857 2 years ago

Well, I got my LE paid off and I am expecting it in July, but this image from my friends after less than 40 plays that has a production date of May 21 makes me want to cancel my order and wait another year. Debating now if I should cancel as it is my dream theme.

195475825_4482153111797500_4049953697881460433_n (resized).jpg195475825_4482153111797500_4049953697881460433_n (resized).jpg
#10858 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, I got my LE paid off and I am expecting it in July, but this image from my friends after less than 40 plays that has a production date of May 21 makes me want to cancel my order and wait another year. Debating now if I should cancel as it is my dream theme.
[quoted image]

Really surprised JJP hasn't started putting 3/4" or 1" mylar around these before putting the metal washer on. It's not like there isn't a ton of photo evidence of very common failure points, this being one.

#10859 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really surprised JJP hasn't started putting 3/4" or 1" mylar around these before putting the metal washer on. It's not like there isn't a ton of photo evidence of very common failure points, this being one.

Some people say Mylar is a fix, some others washers.. I am sure washers will help a lot... Also I noticed dust in this pic, but it wasn't dust, it was the scratched playfield art that looks like dust.

#10860 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Some people say Mylar is a fix, some others washers.. I am sure washers will help a lot... Also I noticed dust in this pic, but it wasn't dust, it was the scratched playfield art that looks like dust.

One thing's for sure. The metal washers alone are not the fix. Plenty of factory metal washers with playfield art tearing around them. At least the mylar down on the playfield first would help prevent that when the posts are over-torqued.

#10861 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One thing's for sure. The metal washers alone are not the fix. Plenty of factory metal washers with playfield art tearing around them. At least the mylar down on the playfield first would help prevent that when the posts are over-torqued.

I feel metal washers are the worst option to be honest. I am expecting mine in July, If I decide to keep, I will probably spend an hour or two doing some prevention work on it.

#10862 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image]

As in cancel and pay $1k more later? I'm assuming you got in before the last price increase. That doesn't mean there won't be more increases forthcoming either...

#10863 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

As in cancel and pay $1k more later? I'm assuming you got in before the last price increase. That doesn't mean there won't be more increases forthcoming either...

No, I didn't. I got the 10500 but my distro told me I can use that credit towards another machine if I wanted to.

#10864 2 years ago

Quick Question? Is there a map or diagram for all the posts? Just want to make sure we check all our posts and get protected! THANKS!

#10865 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Is there a map or diagram for all the posts?

Not in the manual. Yet. There is a T Nut layout in the current manual, that might help you.

LTG : )

#10866 2 years ago

if i seen these pics before getting the game i may have had second thoughts too, However since i got it and been playing it .
I can say with 100 percent certainty that i would not bail over the playfield Issues now having experienced this game / Even if it turned out JJP fails to fix this i would have a hard time not getting the game still it is that good.
Pray that its gets fixed or the damage does not go any further than we have seen. If damage stays in the small area i can live with it .

I am sure you could too once you get and play the game .. You will be blown away !!

/

Quoted from tk375:Well, I got my LE paid off and I am expecting it in July, but this image from my friends after less than 40 plays that has a production date of May 21 makes me want to cancel my order and wait another year. Debating now if I should cancel as it is my dream theme.
[quoted image]

#10867 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

if i seen these pics before getting the game i may have had second thoughts too, However since i got it and been playing it .
I can say with 100 percent certainty that i would not bail over the playfield Issues now having experienced this game / Even if it turned out JJP fails to fix this i would have a hard time not getting the game still it is that good.
Pray that its gets fixed or the damage does not go any further than we have seen. If damage stays in the small area i can live with it .
I am sure you could too once you get and play the game .. You will be blown away !!
/

I have play the game already and you are 100% correct. Game is a great experience. Just feels like a bad let down what JJP is doing by not really helping you out and not admitting there is a problem.

#10868 2 years ago

I am so exhausted by all the damn playfield posts on here.

Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."

Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

#10869 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've heard that's a popular pastime in Frisco, TX.

#10870 2 years ago

What are we looking at?

Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image]

#10871 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

What are we looking at?

Yellow circle.

chipped (resized).pngchipped (resized).png

#10873 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."

It can be exhausting but the truth is, this is an issue JJP needs to deal with. It’s not a rare one off exception. Most people are posting the same issues over and over. The problem is real.

That said; I posted about gameplay the other day. You did not respond that said; I’ve learned that Vater and Duff skull patches do appear to light their insert for band frenzy all the time. So if you get those 2 patches, it’s two less shots to get band frenzy. That’s big. I do not know if there are other patches or ways to light other members similarly, but I think there is a way.

Also, I’ve been testing out Fender more to try and get some of my questions answered. It seems most of the time if I have fender and Axl for example is lit for frenzy, hitting him will spot him and one other member on the frenzy revolver. However, there are times when it doesn’t do this and I cannot figure out why. I think it has to do with which members you qualify a ball lock for, but not sure. I will do more glass on testing this week.

Lastly, I remember Eric or Karl mentioning in a stream that there’s other band member items to be collected in the game. I found Duffs bass strap, you get it for a successful left loop > upper flipper loop combo. I’m not sure what the award gives you, nor do I know how to get others’, but I’m open ears.

There you go zaphX - gameplay/rules discussion

#10874 2 years ago

I think Yelobirds are 3/4", which will work. The ones I sell, the Medium are ~3/4" and the large are ~1", so I'd get a 10 pack of each. I think my small are too small for the kind of damage happening on jjGnR.

#10875 2 years ago

sorry wrong thread.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10876 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m with you brother! Just play this great gorgeous game

Took a while to even find the little separation on that post in the pic

How many pf’s have been reported affected? 5, 10, 20, 100?

I don’t see many

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Guys be sure to get the Cliffy for the center scoop… I lost a large flake of art off the front of mine last nite… the Cliffy (and a little glue) will repair and cover the damage but DON’T TRUST IT! Protect it.

Is your avatar from the Sega Genesis game of the same name?
My first son and I played the hell out of that one !

#10878 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Yelobirds are 3/4", which will work. The ones I sell, the Medium are ~3/4" and the large are ~1", so I'd get a 10 pack of each. I think my small are too small for the kind of damage happening on jjGnR.

How are your stock levels @pinmonk? I ordered some on 19 May, no word yet but imagine there’s high demand!

#10879 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

<blockquote

How are your stock levels PinMonk? I ordered some on 19 May, no word yet but imagine there’s high demand!

I'm almost current on mylar ring orders, EXCEPT for the UK ones because of the UK VAT requirement change. The UK wants international sellers of anything under $200 to register to pay the VAT directly to the UK themselves for shipments they make. That's, uh, not gonna happen. So I turned off the UK shipping option in the pinmonk store and am trying to find ways to get a few existing UK orders through. In some cases I gave up and just canceled them. In your case I'm going to just try putting them in a letter with some hand-written correspondence from your friend in America and sending them that way.

It's not ideal, but what're ya gonna do? Hopefully the UK government wakes up and FIXES this idiocy. I'm sure it's caused major problems because it's so dumb.

#10880 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There really should be a thread that’s just for rules, strategy etc. Everyone’s quality threshold is different. Although a lot of this playfield chatter would go away if JJP just came out and said anything at all.

#10881 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In your case I'm going to just try putting them in a letter with some hand-written correspondence from your friend in America and sending them that way.

It’s my birthday soon, if that helps.

#10882 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I left the black factory installed washers alone. I put clear PETG washers under the posts that will get a lot of impact. The small metal washers did not provide enough protection for my machine.

My LE is shipping this week and I have an order cued up on Pinball Life for the 3/4 and 7/8 Clear PETG Fender Washers. Wondering how many to order of each? 10 each? Did you take the metal washers out completely when replacing with PETG Fender Washers? Also if you ordered any Cliffy's and which one is most recommended and where to buy? Any advice for a GNR Playfield Survivor kit would be greatly appreciated!

#10883 2 years ago

We need a god dammed real code update so we can talk about the game

Desert demolition still not coded
Wizard modes severely under valued
Slash solo severely undervalued
Still unfinished/fully coded songs (per devs comments)

Not to mention features that were promised like being able to select a song and play a 6 ball multiball right off the bat, a great feature for guests/parties

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We talking Balls here or what?

Very very very fun machine!

#10885 2 years ago

Could some please post a pic of the scoop under the Playfield? I’m installing the Cliffy and I can’t remember which way the mech goes back on. It can go two different ways. Thank you so much!! Tools everywhere. Lol.

#10886 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

We need a god dammed real code update so we can talk about the game
Desert demolition still not coded
Wizard modes severely under valued
Slash solo severely undervalued
Still unfinished/fully coded songs (per devs comments)
Not to mention features that were promised like being able to select a song and play a 6 ball multiball right off the bat, a great feature for guests/parties

I’d like to see the mini mode (i.e. pick a song and see how far you can get) be coded something like this:

• pick a song
• you get 1 ball + a 30 second ball saver
Edit: maybe handicap option for more balls or longer ball saver. Novice, advanced, expert.
• you then have to build up to add more balls via wave completions and/or power chord
• anytime you get all 9 inlane rollovers, you get a +5 second ball saver on the next wave
• band frenzy rules still apply (no fender patch haha)
• whether your crowd meter is maxed at applause jackpot or not, do not give an encore. One song and it’s over.
• no cashing out allowed. You either make it to applause or you don’t.

#10887 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It can be exhausting but the truth is, this is an issue JJP needs to deal with. It’s not a rare one off exception. Most people are posting the same issues over and over. The problem is real.

Agreed, but I don't see what there is to be gained by everyone posting picture after picture of their playfield issues. There are several other playfield threads.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

That said; I posted about gameplay the other day. You did not respond that said; I’ve learned that Vater and Duff skull patches do appear to light their insert for band frenzy all the time. So if you get those 2 patches, it’s two less shots to get band frenzy. That’s big. I do not know if there are other patches or ways to light other members similarly, but I think there is a way.

So this is my patch set (going from memory here):

- Start on Rose (AXL). When you get him, hit action 9 times.
- Now you're on Fender. When you get that, hit action 3 times.
- Now you're on Gibson (Slash). When you get that, hit action once.
- Now you're on Richard. When you get him you're on...
- Duff.

So now you have Axl, Slash, Richard and Duff all qualified. You just need to get 3 characters to start BAnd Frenzy, which you can get by spamming the active character thanks to the Fender patch. Once Band Fenzy begins, feed Richard as many balls as you can to keep the pops busy.

#10888 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lastly, I remember Eric or Karl mentioning in a stream that there’s other band member items to be collected in the game. I found Duffs bass strap, you get it for a successful left loop > upper flipper loop combo. I’m not sure what the award gives you, nor do I know how to get others’, but I’m open ears.

Just keep shooting tour shots and you'll get all the items, and they seem much more beneficial to song levels than anything else. I find that if I've made it to tour multiball I'm generally in the 125+ song level, if not higher. I'm now prioritizing this before my first song, using the booster multiballs to safely shoot tour shots as much as possible. After some patch collection I'm at MAX song level for the 2nd song set, 3rd at the latest.

Still need to do a GnR Science stream to try to pick apart the individual details.

#10889 2 years ago

There are so many questions I don't know. Like not changing the song makes the song worth more, by how much? How much does an item like the condom help a song like Rocket Queen? With Fender you get band members qualified quicker, but when exactly does that happen and when does it not? Seems like some patch items carry into multi ball but some do not?

I could go on.

Quoted from iepinball:

Still need to do a GnR Science stream to try to pick apart the individual details.

#10890 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed, but I don't see what there is to be gained by everyone posting picture after picture of their playfield issues. There are several other playfield threads.

So this is my patch set (going from memory here):
- Start on Rose (AXL). When you get him, hit action 9 times.
- Now you're on Fender. When you get that, hit action 3 times.
- Now you're on Gibson (Slash). When you get that, hit action once.
- Now you're on Richard. When you get him you're on...
- Duff.
So now you have Axl, Slash, Richard and Duff all qualified. You just need to get 3 characters to start BAnd Frenzy, which you can get by spamming the active character thanks to the Fender patch. Once Band Fenzy begins, feed Richard as many balls as you can to keep the pops busy.

I don’t think band member patches award frenzy inserts. Only Vader and Duff do. I tried an experiment of getting the Rose (Axl) and Gibson (slash) and their frenzy insert was not lit on the frenzy revolver like they are with Duff and frank are.

Or, maybe when you have the band member patches it auto collects their insert when it lights on frenzy? Which is still weird that Duff and Frank are handled differently.

#10891 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is your avatar from the Sega Genesis game of the same name?
My first son and I played the hell out of that one !

The name is from the Genesis game, but the avatar Judge Dredd on a ColorDMD in honor of my first game.

#10892 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As much as I agree, the sad truth is our awesome games have shifty PFs that are going to require attentions. If you can’t deal with at least that I don’t know what to tell you. Yeah it sucks, cause this game rules all.

It’s a big difference to come here and ask for or offer advice and tips to maintain and repair rather than bitch and moan and wonder if we should cancel our orders tho, which is what the other threads seem to be all about at this point.

#10893 2 years ago

I think fender works in multiballs, but not the individual member patches.

I could be very wrong on that.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or, maybe when you have the band member patches it auto collects their insert when it lights on frenzy? Which is still weird that Duff and Frank are handled differently.

#10894 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think fender works in multiballs, but not the individual member patches.
I could be very wrong on that.

I thought Fender just helped qualify more band members in general.

#10895 2 years ago

In my testing; fender in fact will spot you an extra member when you collect the active member for frenzy. But I could have sworn there’s been times where it doesn’t do it but I could be wrong. In all my testing with fender I did yesterday, it would always spot the active member towards frenzy +1 more. Which is how the patch reads.

Example: slash is lit for band frenzy, hit spinning record, collect slash for frenzy. If you have fender patch, it would collect slash +1 other member. This is why the fender patch is the most valuable patch in the game (IMO).

My confusion is how does the game decipher who the other member is on that +1 collect.

#10896 2 years ago

Is there a way to get to band frenzy on Patience without the Fender patch? I don't remember seeing the keyboard inserts ever active during that song...

#10897 2 years ago

Also, I saw no benefit to having Axl and Slash patches as they relate to band frenzy. They only spotted them pre-song, which is actually really helpful after you play your first song.

#10898 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Is there a way to get to band frenzy on Patience without the Fender patch? I don't remember seeing the keyboard inserts ever active during that song...

This is what eludes to some of my confusion with fender patch. I noticed this exact thing yesterday and had no way of collecting the keyboard insert despite having the fender patch. But I know I’ve gotten band frenzy during patience before.

#10899 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also, I saw no benefit to having Axl and Slash patches as they relate to band frenzy. They only spotted them pre-song, which is actually really helpful after you play your first song.

I -think- they get spotted when their part of the song comes up and they become the active band member.

#10900 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The name is from the Genesis game, but the avatar Judge Dredd on a ColorDMD in honor of my first game.

That’s cool I was meaning the name and I recognize the pic.That’s one of my first games and one I wish I had back!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/218?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.