IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 567.
#10801 2 years ago

From the pictures in #10777 you can see that the LE got black washers for the sling posts and metal washers for the other posts. In other pictures there were clear washers and only some metal washers. I am a bit confused why JJP changes the washer type. Do you leave the black ones in? Do you swap all (black and metal) for silicone or petg ones?

#10802 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

From the pictures in #10777 you can see that the LE got black washers for the sling posts and metal washers for the other posts. In other pictures there were clear washers and only some metal washers. I am a bit confused why JJP changes the washer type. Do you leave the black ones in? Do you swap all (black and metal) for silicone or petg ones?

I left the black factory installed washers alone. I put clear PETG washers under the posts that will get a lot of impact. The small metal washers did not provide enough protection for my machine.

#10803 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I left the black factory installed washers alone. I put clear PETG washers under the posts that will get a lot of impact. The small metal washers did not provide enough protection for my machine.

Ok, thank you for your feedback. Do you get airballs from the slings, because the black washers seem to be quite high?

#10804 2 years ago

Mine came with factor washers installed. Did not matter.

#10805 2 years ago

Let’s talk rules.

Fender: active members spot another member. I’ve always assumed this is related to band frenzy. So if AXL is the active member and you shoot him, it’ll spot AXL + 1 other member. Is that accurate? I may be missing something because sometimes it seems like this is the case and other times it doesn’t. It makes me wonder if you have to have band members’ patch to qualify this type of action.

Vader and Duff skull patches light frank and Duff in band frenzy for the rest of the game. Are there any other patches do that for the other members? I noticed melissas candy, AXL rose, and slashes patch do not. But I have sworn I have had them lit at the beginning of the song before. Anyone know?

#10806 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is your skill shot sensors working correctly? They have a known issue with that board because of some blind soldering spots that can cause issues with the sensors on that board. Go into the sensor settings and see if any of the sensors are red like in pic. You might be able to just recalibrate or reseat all the connectors and it will go away
[quoted image]

So when I recalibrate the sensors. It looks like the keyboard sensors aren’t working. I reset all connections to the node board. Didn’t seem to make any different. I emailed Jjp support

D60D4659-5937-4A59-BECC-DA53429B75EE (resized).jpegD60D4659-5937-4A59-BECC-DA53429B75EE (resized).jpeg
#10807 2 years ago

Rules Q; I got a great crowd/fan bonus during a song, or something like that, what did I do to earn that?

#10808 2 years ago

I've got some pooling along this post. What should I do??? What's my best bet??? Better yet if anyone knows how to fix this and lives near Akron I will gladly pay you to fix it.

20210606_182754 (resized).jpg20210606_182754 (resized).jpg20210606_182837 (resized).jpg20210606_182837 (resized).jpg
#10809 2 years ago

For any bubbling issue, I’m going to iron it and cover w carbon cliffy. What you do is up to you, but thats what Ill be doing.

Also,
This game is brilliant, said a bit back POTC was peak was peak pinball, its been surpassed.

#10810 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

For any bubbling issue, I’m going to iron it and cover w carbon cliffy. What you do is up to you, but thats what Ill be doing.
Also,
This game is brilliant, said a bit back POTC was peak was peak pinball, its been surpassed.

Whoa there great game but still not POTC by a long stretch. Lol. Enjoy GnR but it does feel a bit like exercise at times and a bit chaotic. Not bad but certainly not refined like Wonka or POTC. JMO.

#10811 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Whoa there great game but still not POTC by a long stretch. Lol. Enjoy GnR but it does feel a bit like exercise at times and a bit chaotic. Not bad but certainly not refined like Wonka or POTC. JMO.

Hah Yeah, I think for me the diff is theme integration. If it were Gibbs Pirate pinball, I’d agree. As it is… well?

I mean come on, zero captain jack or who hah whats her name? Cant argue mechs,
But as a complete package? All subjective but Ill go GnR for now.

#10812 2 years ago

Thank you internet for not spoiling the mode that shouldnt be spoiled. I finally achieved it on my machine and was blown away! So f’in good! As a ‘coder’ thank you pinball_keefer and team.

#10813 2 years ago

So - this is interesting. My top post had a little bit of pooling around the factory washer. I replaced the factory washer last week with a lexan washer that was a little larger and HAND tightened it with a socket (no wrench):

092466CF-1A9D-4661-B187-4E1488C91DF5 (resized).jpeg092466CF-1A9D-4661-B187-4E1488C91DF5 (resized).jpeg

I removed the post this week to inspect the area and the pooling was gone! The lexan washer flattened it back out. No heat necessary!

8CFE8C91-5E99-496B-9C13-2BEEC6288852 (resized).jpeg8CFE8C91-5E99-496B-9C13-2BEEC6288852 (resized).jpeg

What’s a little disconcerting is how soft the clear must be for this to work.

#10814 2 years ago

well it looks like i have some pinmonk fans in my future. I've got about 40 games on my machine since I got it, and today was on my 3rd 2 player game and the right lower flipper just lost all its kick. I had been lucky and didn't have this issue with my R&M or ST, but this was a drastic change. Grabbed my IR thermometer and the coil was at about 128 degrees. left ramp was unmakeable.

#10815 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I've got some pooling along this post. What should I do??? What's my best bet??? Better yet if anyone knows how to fix this and lives near Akron I will gladly pay you to fix it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that pooling? It looks more like the outline of mylar.

#10816 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

well it looks like i have some pinmonk fans in my future. I've got about 40 games on my machine since I got it, and today was on my 3rd 2 player game and the right lower flipper just lost all its kick. I had been lucky and didn't have this issue with my R&M or ST, but this was a drastic change. Grabbed my IR thermometer and the coil was at about 128 degrees. left ramp was unmakeable.

Not that I'm one to turn away a sale, but it sounds like maybe some binding or something else, but not temp. 128F is BARELY perceptible fade if you're REALLY tuned into it, which most people are not. I'd check your flipper bushing spacing, coil sleeve and coil stop first.

#10817 2 years ago

As much as it sucks, hand tightening posts can shift the clearcoat, the force you use to tighten the posts matters. It shouldn’t, but it does.

Quoted from Damonator:

and HAND tightened it with a socket (no wrench):

#10818 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Not that I'm one to turn away a sale, but it sounds like maybe some binding or something else, but not temp. 128F is BARELY perceptible fade if you're REALLY tuned into it, which most people are not. I'd check your flipper bushing spacing, coil sleeve and coil stop first.

good call, i just checked after everything had cooled off, and the left ramp is still a no go.

#10819 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

good call, i just checked after everything had cooled off, and the left ramp is still a no go.

Turns out the bracket holding the end of the coil had worked loose. Thanks for putting me on the path.

#10820 2 years ago

Has anyone installed mirror blades? I purchased some but it looks like there isn’t enough room on both sides. One side looks like it would clear, but the other would be too tight and the Playfield will not shift over. Everytime I set the Playfield down, it seats where it wants to seat and there’s no shifting it to make room for the mirror blade. Thoughts?

#10821 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Turns out the bracket holding the end of the coil had worked loose. Thanks for putting me on the path.

Great news!

#10822 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Has anyone installed mirror blades? I purchased some but it looks like there isn’t enough room on both sides. One side looks like it would clear, but the other would be too tight and the Playfield will not shift over. Everytime I set the Playfield down, it seats where it wants to seat and there’s no shifting it to make room for the mirror blade. Thoughts?

I heard this pin is tight for mirrors .I just put them on my DP and took the middle screws out they were catching .When i get time i’m going to try a countersink bit on the blade to see if it helps .Very careful like because the screw head needs to catch and hold .Other option i’m thinking about is a adhesive dabbed in 6-8 spots .Either way get blade protectors whichever route you choose especially mirror blades .I wanted them but am waiting to see what pingraffix comes up with but they’ve been quiet recently .

#10823 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I bought mirror blades and prior to installing I looked and thought it would be too tight. I just installed them anyway and it surprisingly fits fine with no problems lowering or raising the playfield.

#10824 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Ok, thank you for your feedback. Do you get airballs from the slings, because the black washers seem to be quite high?

No I don’t get any air balls from the slings.

#10825 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I have the same problem as you. When you lower the playfield it shifts a few mm to the right and there is no room for a mirror blade at the front right. The fix for me would be to uninstall the lockdown mech and shift it a few mm left or use a dremle tool to clearance it. For now no mirror blades for me. Already spent too much time fixing the playfield and adding PETG washers. Just want to play it more and work on it less. If someone comes out with some good art blades I will go that route. JJP should be coming out with some this summer but not sure I want to give them any more money right now as I lick my playfield wounds. Still a great game but this extra overhead is not appreciated.

#10826 2 years ago

standard edition on location at game galaxy...

just one of the many posts that looked like this. It’s really ugly in person. Not sure i need this in my life. Decisions decisions.

4BB0AB28-5A2E-4221-8F36-37131ECE02C2 (resized).jpeg4BB0AB28-5A2E-4221-8F36-37131ECE02C2 (resized).jpeg
#10827 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

just one of the many posts that looked like this. It’s really ugly in person. Not sure i need this in my life. Decisions decisions.[quoted image]

Hey the fact that it hasn’t chipped while being on location is encouraging

#10828 2 years ago

so is that post not suppose to have a rubber on it? mine doesn't.

#10829 2 years ago

Anybody documenting all the washers changes vs playfield dates? I’m lost

DBF8E911-1BB0-4075-BA0C-B7CD83385343.gifDBF8E911-1BB0-4075-BA0C-B7CD83385343.gif
#10830 2 years ago

Thinking of ordering the Titan silicone washers as a preventative measure on my incoming GnR.
Anyone kindly give me a list of how many I will need and what size please?

#10831 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Whoa there great game but still not POTC by a long stretch

Couldn't agree more .
GNR has full assets , on Pirates you just see props not characters , you don't even get the pirate song .
GNR doesn't have 125 versions of the same mode.
GNR has a fun Wizard mode which is actually programmed .
GNR is also popular , not just because it's no longer available .
It doesn't have multiple threads on fix issues .
You don't have to buy kits to make it quieter .
I tried to sell my Potc ce for cost price for months and months and only ever had one phone call .
It's only valuable now because it is rare not because of how fun it is .
I still like the game but it does not compare to GNR .

#10832 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Anybody documenting all the washers changes vs playfield dates? I’m lost
[quoted image]

Is Vinnie on vacation in Bora Bora?

#10833 2 years ago

Just in case this helps someone else, my hot rails were hooked up backwards from the factory. Didn't notice until today that the skill shot chaser sequence was on the left, which I thought was odd. Upon running through the light test in the system menu it confirmed the left tests controlled the right and vice versa. It's an easy fix if that happened to yours, just swap these 2 connectors under the playfield.

IMG_1228 (resized).jpegIMG_1228 (resized).jpeg
#10834 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

just one of the many posts that looked like this. It’s really ugly in person. Not sure i need this in my life. Decisions decisions.[quoted image]

When mine chipped I wanted to throw the game in the trash. Nearly did a fire sale on it too. After I let my emotions calm down, I spent about 30 mins on preventative maintenance and repair.

After that, threw up 50 plays in a matter of days and still can’t stop playing the dam game, it’s so freakin fun! I am a GNR fan so that helps, but the game is so fun to shoot. I’m a sucker for ramps with targets and this game has 2! I wish target ramps like the right ramp in GNR was more common, feels so good to hit. Surprised it’s not used more often. And when you do a left loop > inner orbit > left ramp or right loop to right ramp, pinball heaven! The inner spinner shot through the pops to the lanes is slowly becoming one of my favorite shots in pinball (but honestly, it will be hard to beat katana ramp, snikt, and colossus in Deadpool), but it’s getting up there.

I think my only gripe on the game now is the album modes risk/reward or lack thereof, desert demolition, and slash solo. Glad I didn’t let emotion take over and fire sale it over the pf.

#10835 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not that I'm one to turn away a sale, but it sounds like maybe some binding or something else, but not temp. 128F is BARELY perceptible fade if you're REALLY tuned into it, which most people are not. I'd check your flipper bushing spacing, coil sleeve and coil stop first.

Karma will find a way to reward you.

#10836 2 years ago

Guys be sure to get the Cliffy for the center scoop… I lost a large flake of art off the front of mine last nite… the Cliffy (and a little glue) will repair and cover the damage but DON’T TRUST IT! Protect it.

#10837 2 years ago

Why not surround the edge of the scoop with Mylar, then if you want added protection put the cliffy on top?

#10838 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why not surround the edge of the scoop with Mylar, then if you want added protection put the cliffy on top?

Would be a prudent thing to do. Especially on this game.

#10839 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine came like that .You can see it goes just beneath Mystery and to the right close to the record .

75358EF6-22B1-445E-A587-2D96572DB540 (resized).png75358EF6-22B1-445E-A587-2D96572DB540 (resized).png
#10840 2 years ago

Does it go all the way to the edge of the scoop where the artwork ends? That’s the most fragile part.

#10841 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does it go all the way to the edge of the scoop where the artwork ends? That’s the most fragile part.

To the wood .You can see in this pic .Then left just above the band members head .

CE62FB63-D9B0-4D21-ACE5-0ABD031E7778 (resized).pngCE62FB63-D9B0-4D21-ACE5-0ABD031E7778 (resized).png
#10842 2 years ago

That’s good. Makes me wonder how the previous poster had a chip come off then. Maybe theirs had no Mylar?

#10843 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s good. Makes me wonder how the previous poster had a chip come off then. Maybe theirs had no Mylar?

Maybe his was early .I received mine early April .

#10844 2 years ago

center scoop damage is hit or miss

I have a first run SE and never had any damage on the center scoop after 500 or so plays

I now have a cliffy just in case though

#10845 2 years ago

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. I will dial it down via the coil settings in the game's menu. My game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.

20210604_134247 (resized).jpg20210604_134247 (resized).jpg

#10846 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

center scoop damage is hit or miss
I have a first run SE and never had any damage on the center scoop after 500 or so plays
I now have a cliffy just in case though

Im with what you had said before .I’m done worrying about the PF.I’ll take advice from the vets for sure and do what’s necessary but this pin is so much fun we’re just going to play the shit out of it .I feel bad for some people had some serious damage but I would advise not to give up on it .I don’t think we’ll ever see a pin in a museum behind glass so let’s rock!!

#10847 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, game #1028 finally came after an 8 month wait. Seems to have been worth the wait but it did arrive with the usual litany of NIB problems. The latch bar would not lock, the right flipper coil fell after 10 plays due to the coil stop screws falling out, the start button had 2 connectors not tied to it, and one connector for the upper left lane was not connected. Got them all fixed and I am really enjoying the game now. It really is a bit multi-ball heavy though. But, the shaker seems too intense and I am afraid it will shake my second floor loose. Short of disconnecting it, does anyone know how to lower the shaker effect? I can't find anything in the manual or the game menu. Also, my game does have factory installed washers (May 21 build date) but should I also install the Mylar washers that Yelobird sells? Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.
[quoted image]

The multi balls will get really enjoyable when you start learning the game .Need a packed chamber before you hit that scoop to start a song .

#10848 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mines a very early run (LE 0062) and no Mylar to the edge unfortunately! 4BFFF82A-EA26-412C-9972-C7F8F2BBF03F (resized).jpeg4BFFF82A-EA26-412C-9972-C7F8F2BBF03F (resized).jpeg

With a zoomed in pic looks like i didn’t exactly nail the replacement of the chip!! Luckily the cliffy covers that whole area.

The worst thing was it was just barely a touch that caused it to come off, before that I thought it was FINE… which is why I’m saying to be careful and armor it up before it goes bad.

#10849 2 years ago

Also does anyone know how to adjust the angle that scoop fires out at? Mine is way towards the center compared to the ones I see on stream and I was exploring how to adjust that when the chip happened.

#10850 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Im with what you had said before .I’m done worrying about the PF.I’ll take advice from the vets for sure and do what’s necessary but this pin is so much fun we’re just going to play the shit out of it .I feel bad for some people had some serious damage but I would advise not to give up on it .I don’t think we’ll ever see a pin in a museum behind glass so let’s rock!!

Exactly. Fuck it, it’s not perfect, I’m gonna fix what breaks and have a good time for my money.

Everything cool takes a lot of maintenance and a lot of cool shit isn’t known for reliability. I’ll buy an extra PF and do a swap someday but for now play it until the paint comes off… which seems to be in about 500 plays, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/217?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.