DEF0DCA2-C21F-44BF-8361-0C435C1D2EBA (resized).jpeg
84029341-DC15-40BC-BA8E-16673F1E5B0D (resized).jpeg
JJP Extra Jack (resized).jpg
IMG_20220805_002517 (resized).jpg
Photo Aug 03, 7 07 22 PM (resized).jpg
20220801_153349 (resized).jpg
F9C34854-7438-4A0B-B4B0-5F7342B7C19D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

71 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 451.
#10651 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Sounds like JJP is adding more washers as time goes by. Are these primarily clear, plastic washers?

No. Black plastic sling

Metal everywhere else

#10652 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Small metal washers on my April build, clear under sling posts.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now I'll have to go home and look at mine.

They're right your upper one is really bad

#10653 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thanks it's my 5th JJP but I pulled kinda hard then figured I'd reach out to the owners.
Thanks!

Ha! I pulled kinda hard too and then confirmed on the forum. Then I pulled harder and it let go. It’s got some strong magnets.

#10654 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Dude fix that Upper playfield post before it tears

Is this enough washers?

F08482FB-5E9B-451A-A083-3B1509D421F8 (resized).jpeg

Ok, maybe a bit overkill. What does it need - I see a little pooling but no tearing yet. Does this Lexan washer work?

0B4D7DF8-F937-4512-A0D3-0A5F5FDDFB86 (resized).jpeg

#10655 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Welcome to the jungle! You're going to have a blast with it!

Quoted from zaphX:

Welcome to the jungle! You're going to have a blast with it!

Thanks Zaph!

#10656 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Glad you finally got yours, dad! I got some extra clear petg washers and I'll get you set up this weekend. Next step, gotta get our Scorbit set up.

Most awesome. Working on rules and strategies...

#10657 1 year ago

LE 952 has landed.

IMG_1210 (resized).jpeg
#10658 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Is this enough washers?
[quoted image]
Ok, maybe a bit overkill. What does it need - I see a little pooling but no tearing yet. Does this Lexan washer work?
[quoted image]

Just my thoughts but add the metal washer above the plastic washer. It helps

#10659 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

LE 952 has landed.
[quoted image]

What was your order date

#10660 1 year ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

What was your order date

9-Oct, direct from JJP.

#10661 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Is this enough washers?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I am trying just the PETG washers and no small metal washer. I like that I can see the playfield and if any damage is happening. Many use the metal washer on top but in a few places like the Axle pop bumper post the t nut and post don’t thread with both washers in place.

#10662 1 year ago

I’m sorry, I just couldn’t resist. This issue is making me hysterical, but it’s real.

DBF264F1-5537-46D3-8C49-E976DF68620E (resized).png
#10663 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm holding the ball flush to the post.
This is the worst case scenario clearance since there is no rubber on that post
You can see the ball completely misses the washer all the way around[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I may give the PETG washers another go in this location since JJP doesn’t appear to be sending me their kit. Maybe they’re on low stock now haha.

#10664 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks, I may give the PETG washers another go in this location since JJP doesn’t appear to be sending me their kit. Maybe they’re on low stock now haha.

The JJP washers are interesting, they have ridges on them that jam into the PF when you tighten the post, leaving an imprint in the clear. Not sure if this is very intentional so that it stops the clear from shifting somehow or they are so clueless that they can’t get proper washers.

#10665 1 year ago

Ok - seriously, what’s the point of the post on the upper PF? To protect the ball guide?

I’m tempted to just remove it.

#10666 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok - seriously, what’s the point of the post on the upper PF? To protect the ball guide?

I think it increases difficulty of locking balls. Try a rubber on it and it definitely increases difficulty.

#10667 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m sorry, I just couldn’t resist. This issue is making me hysterical, but it’s real. [quoted image]

Umm...I think you're missing carbon fiber washers, mylar rings, and either the silicone and/or fiber washers. At least the washer industry is getting a boost from this latest JJP fiasco.

#10668 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I think it’s just there to protect the lane guide and shrink the opening a bit. It you trap the ball on the small flipper it’s a really easy shot anyway. I also think the sharp edge on the lane guide would be tough on the pinballs until it’s hammered down.

#10669 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Is this enough washers?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I would use a smaller washer. That one just widens the potential damage horizon a lot.

#10670 1 year ago

I ordered in Jan I wont get mine probably till September.

#10671 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would use a smaller washer. That one just widens the potential damage horizon a lot.

He already had a smaller washer on it

#10672 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

He already had a smaller washer on it

Unless there’s a good argument for needing the post, I think it’s coming off and a small piece of mylar that covers the previous washer location/hole is going in.

I’m fine if the lock shot is easier. There’s no sense in damaging a fragile area of the playfield just to keep a post there.

#10673 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Unless there’s a good argument for needing the post, I think it’s coming off and a small piece of mylar that covers the previous washer location/hole is going in.
I’m fine if the lock shot is easier. There’s no sense in damaging a fragile area of the playfield just to keep a post there.

If it’s pooled and not cracked you should try the iron method to flatten before you Mylar

#10674 1 year ago

Hi folks, here are some WS2812 LEDs in Action, retrofitted on a LE with custom Topper...

#10675 1 year ago

They are connected to the Siderails, left and right of course separate....

83DE4414-3ED7-493D-8998-866DF71629C5 (resized).jpegBD61A66A-0A95-447D-AEAD-05672B23E154 (resized).jpeg
#10676 1 year ago

This looks really GREAT !

#10678 1 year ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Hi folks, here are some WS2812 LEDs in Action, retrofitted on a LE with custom Topper...

Damn right!! Looks awesome man! Did you document how you were able to connect the LED's to the siderails?

#10679 1 year ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

They are connected to the Siderails, left and right of course separate....[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome. Any pics or documentation of your parts, connections and if any power mods ? Mucho appreciate the discussion.

#10680 1 year ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

They are connected to the Siderails, left and right of course separate....[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you connect them to the siderail wire harnesses?

#10681 1 year ago

Yeah Jim-Beam when's your cabinet lighting kit going up for sale?? I want one

#10682 1 year ago

Ok mod people... Revenue opportunity here.... Lermods ?
now need this back box and under cabinet solution with WS2812 LEDs tapped into the hot rails!
We have two people on here with YouTube videos that have done it...
Jim-Beam above and
gump79 here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/209#post-6309959

#10683 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

LE 952 has landed.
[quoted image]

Got the game setup and WOW, the videos absolutely do not do this one justice. I have some tweaking to do so I'll search around the forums for fixes to my two minor issues; the scoop 50/50 goes SDTM and the plunger seems to hit the auto-launch bracket preventing consistent plunges.

Absolutely no idea what I'm doing yet, so looking forward to learning the rules a bit. Otherwise the game looks great and I'm having a blast with it.

#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

9-Oct, direct from JJP.

Congrats. I ordered mine on the same day through a reseller and haven't heard a peep other than the LEs are "back on the line". Clearly going direct to JJP was the correct move.

Actually I ordered and sent deposit on day one but it took several days to sort out that the CEs were not available so by the time the LE order was confirmed it was 10/9. Thanks for letting me share!! Enjoy the new game!!!

#10685 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Congrats. I ordered mine on the same day through a reseller and haven't heard a peep other than the LEs are "back on the line". Clearly going direct to JJP was the correct move.
Actually I ordered and sent deposit on day one but it took several days to sort out that the CEs were not available so by the time the LE order was confirmed it was 10/9. Thanks for letting me share!! Enjoy the new game!!!

Seems to go both ways. I also ordered the CE on day 1, in the first couple hours, but from a distributor. After it was confirmed I was being refunded my ‘non-refundable’ deposit I really didn’t want to do business with them again so I went JJP direct on the LE. Me and another guy did the same thing except he stayed with the distro, and got his machine about a month ago. So it’s luck of the draw at this point, and I’m sure distro cancellations are messing with who gets what and when. Anyway hang in there, it’s worth it!

#10686 1 year ago

Just got my game today after waiting 7 months. Mine is a May build. Looks like there are washers already installed. Don't see any playfield damage yet. What areas should I keep an eye on?

IMG_5164 (resized).JPGIMG_5165 (resized).JPGIMG_5166 (resized).JPGIMG_5167 (resized).JPGIMG_5177 (resized).JPGIMG_5178 (resized).JPGIMG_5179 (resized).JPG
#10687 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Just got my game today after waiting 7 months. Mine is a May build. Looks like there are washers already installed. Don't see any playfield damage yet. What areas should I keep an eye on?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Every post with a metal washer under it is a good start.

#10688 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

LE 952 has landed.
[quoted image]

“welcome aboard kid .”

#10689 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You’ve got some pooling on that upper play field post l

#10690 1 year ago

poll question ...Am i being a weirdo ? ..Got 2 boys 12/13 n they have 3 kids staying over .Looks like they all drank red bull bouncing off walls .I told them complete BS on why 3 Pins are unplayable (Gnr Imdn Dp)n left Family Guy to take the abuse .I’m fine when they’re relaxed but they look like a Hype train if you will .I’m panicked to the point where I want to install booby traps to inflict pain like a mouse trap if they disobey and push start on my most treasured .I’ve never been in this situation before looking for guidance .My OCD is at a level i’ve never been to I’m shaking like leaf .Please help.

#10691 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

poll question ...Am i being a weirdo ? ..Got 2 boys 12/13 n they have 3 kids staying over .Looks like they all drank red bull bouncing off walls .I told them complete BS on why 3 Pins are unplayable (Gnr Imdn Dp)n left Family Guy to take the abuse .I’m fine when they’re relaxed but they look like a Hype train if you will .I’m panicked to the point where I want to install booby traps to inflict pain like a mouse trap if they disobey and push start on my most treasured .I’ve never been in this situation before looking for guidance .My OCD is at a level i’ve never been to I’m shaking like leaf .Please help.

Eh, let them play. They can’t do worse damage than you just playing it.

#10692 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If you are worried about people breaking your pins you shouldn’t own them. Visit them on site and you’ll never have to worry. On the other hand, even if they damage them, it will be something you can teach them how to fix. And make them bring you beers and a burger. PS, your kid and friends were drunk. Sorry, not Sorry

#10693 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If you are worried about people breaking your pins you shouldn’t own them. Visit them on site and you’ll never have to worry. On the other hand, even if they damage them, it will be something you can teach them how to fix. And make them bring you beers and a burger. PS, your kid and friends were drunk. Sorry, not Sorry

lmfao .I’m on vaca this week but still working a sider . I was in a bind then collected myself n took them all down to play .I explained quick like what they want to shoot for then they took control .Lots o fun they actually were asking ?s.I’m starting a league this fall (one member just bought his first )now i’m thinking about a youngster league also .That’s the whole thing about pinball .It gets faces away from the screen and puts them to use .There is no better hobby !

#10694 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

u the best Chaka

#10695 1 year ago

Well that’s sound like the right way. I learned a lot growing up on pins. Sounds like you’re on the right path. Good luck

#10696 1 year ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Eh, let them play. They can’t do worse damage than you just playing it.

Well put .This is what it’s about .The youngsters will have to carry this hobby eventually .Until then give me Black Sabbath ,Friday the 13th,Godzilla ,The Shining ,blah blah because after that the tic tic gen is taking over with themes like .....Tic Toc .

#10697 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:Well that’s sound like the right way. I learned a lot growing up on pins. Sounds like you’re on the right path. Good luck

I took them both on trips to get the pin they wanted .It has been a great bonding experience and both had to help w the mods they picked out . Honestly it’s been a great connection for us .

250C3293-49F2-4FA4-9D2B-EB6E8A1F8CC7 (resized).jpeg3DD0740B-EED9-4D72-96A0-CAB1D0B12119 (resized).jpeg7A981255-DE03-4D81-B435-B002C687E0E0 (resized).jpeg
#10698 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I took them both on trips to get the pin they wanted .It has been a great bonding experience and both had to help w the mods they picked out . Honestly it’s been a great connection for us .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dad of the year!

925AED88-09C0-4956-BFFE-800D48DC6855.gif
#10699 1 year ago

I also noticed pooling on your upper playfield post or at least looks like that from the angle?

#10700 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I also noticed pooling on your upper playfield post or at least looks like that from the angle?

Yep. Seems like this post is a guarantee.

A1A7C69E-2B3D-4894-9A9F-7C138829B770 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
Cheap Drainz Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Hartford, CT
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 22,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 451.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!