IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 567.
#10551 2 years ago

Anyone know what the band items do that appear to be hidden around the game? Iā€™ve gotten antlers before from inner loop and I just got Duffs strap, I believe from the top lanes.

#10552 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just going to order mylar washers from Pinmonk (since he's the only one who can ship to France), but... how many and which size ? I'm assuming the issue is mostly on "small" posts, and 10 units would be enough ?
Regards

For the kind of problems GnR is showing probably a mix of small and medium. You want to get past the area of damage with some room for the mylar to have a good surface to adhere to. The jjPotC kit has a mix of 2 small and 4 mediums, or you could just get a 10 pack of small and a 10 pack of medium.

Yelobird also sells something similar to the mediums I have on themodcouplepinball.com. No one is hurting my feelings if they get mylar rings from him. They're a pain to make.

#10553 2 years ago

A few more rules ideas:

ā€¢ completing an album should give 5-10 mil on top of what was earned in the mode. Plus, automatically lights next song. So player can choose to jump into another song, build their song ball saver, lock balls, or build the song level.

ā€¢ Slash solo should be playing for an extra ball.

ā€¢ Desert Demolition. Iā€™d like to see something that incorporates the albumsā€™ song shots:
Wave-1: double talking jive = spin the record
Wave-2: coma = hit coma target 5 times or one time off a right ramp - upper flipper combo.
Wave-3: donā€™t cry = 4 album targets + pyro
Wave-4: November rain = 60 switch hits
Final wave: live and let die = both ramps and finish the album on the center spinner with a live and let die power chord call out.

For the display, when you complete a wave, one of the DD racers crash and burns and adds to the completion jackpot.

Just having fun thinking out loud. Game is so good, I can play all day...oh wait I have been

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A few more rules ideas:
ā€¢ completing an album should give 5-10 mil on top of what was earned in the mode. Plus, automatically lights next song. So player can choose to jump into another song, build their song ball saver, lock balls, or build the song level.
ā€¢ Desert Demolition. Iā€™d like to see something that incorporates the albumsā€™ song shots:
Wave-2: coma = hit coma target 5 times or one time off a right ramp - upper flipper combo.
Final wave: live and let die = both ramps and finish the album on the center spinner with a live and let die power chord call out.
For the display, when you complete a wave, one of the DD racers crash and burns and adds to the completion jackpot.
Just having fun thinking out loud. Game is so good, I can play all day...oh wait I have been

Agree on all. Especially the Slash solo. Dislike that mode

#10555 2 years ago

does any one know the colorcode for the powder coat they used for the Metalparts. Cause i want to paint my coindoor... and i don't trust my painter to mix right match. Maybe some one can help me

#10556 2 years ago

I'm also worried that the mylar is a one-way step (same with any of the adhesive washers people are using). Any attempt to remove it later will just take all of the artwork with it.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Good luck with the mylar, I hope that works for your playfield, it didn't for mine...just bunched up under the posts and spread adhesive around, all the while still allowing the posts to make indentations

#10557 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This would eliminate the cash out risk/reward that makes this game so great.
Automatically awarding the points as the song goes would ruin the game.
If you canā€™t hit that last shot, then you can always cash out before then.

Say you keep multi ball going the entire song. You never get a cash out opportunity. The songs all vary in length but on full completion you should get the jackpot. The applause jackpot feels like it should be a separate award. I mean itā€™s a bit frustrating that you can play excellent and then miss out on a huge score because you fail to hit one shot in the last 10 seconds. Just my opinion. It still keeps the risk reward feature in place, just provides a little more satisfaction

#10558 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Say you keep multi ball going the entire song. You never get a cash out opportunity. The songs all vary in length but on full completion you should get the jackpot. The applause jackpot feels like it should be a separate award. I mean itā€™s a bit frustrating that you can play excellent and then miss out on a huge score because you fail to hit one shot in the last 10 seconds. Just my opinion. It still keeps the risk reward feature in place, just provides a little more satisfaction

Maybe make it an option in the settings menu?

#10559 2 years ago

Edit: misread.

Yah, if you double drain the first time you get down to single ball play itā€™s tough.

But I donā€™t think itā€™s worth modifying the scoring balance for that particular scenario.

I do appreciate your opinion, just respectfully disagree.

Quoted from Mattyk:

#10560 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Edit: misread.
Yah, if you double drain the first time you get down to single ball play itā€™s tough.
But I donā€™t think itā€™s worth modifying the scoring balance for that particular scenario.
I do appreciate your opinion, just respectfully disagree.

Keefer did mention he will eventually do something to balance the scoring so it will be interesting to see what he does

#10561 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Maybe as a strategy, drain down to 1 on purpose...I have done this when I'm getting close but feel like I'm not hitting my shots and want to take my big bank without trying to stretch to the applause...It is a delicate balance sometimes

#10562 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I'm also worried that the mylar is a one-way step (same with any of the adhesive washers people are using). Any attempt to remove it later will just take all of the artwork with it.

Is it possible to use silicon washers under these metal posts ?

According to the description on Titan website, they state it's only for plastic posts:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154

It would seem logical that slightly flexible silicon post would prevent this type of damage, and as the post is screwed to the playfield anyway that would not generate any type of "rebound". However if the washer cannot be used with metal posts...

#10563 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Maybe as a strategy, drain down to 1 on purpose...I have done this when I'm getting close but feel like I'm not hitting my shots and want to take my big bank without trying to stretch to the applause...It is a delicate balance sometimes

If I have multiple balls going near the end of a song I often try to keep one ball in the scoop by repeatedly shooting it. Then when itā€™s time for the applause jackpot a ball is sometimes already in the scoop and I collect it immediately or I am already trying to make the shot. It eliminates some delay waiting to hear the call out or notice the scoop light up for the shot. Itā€™s worked well for me with three or more balls in play.

#10564 2 years ago

#10565 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Is it possible to use silicon washers under these metal posts ?
According to the description on Titan website, they state it's only for plastic posts:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154
It would seem logical that slightly flexible silicon post would prevent this type of damage, and as the post is screwed to the playfield anyway that would not generate any type of "rebound". However if the washer cannot be used with metal posts...

I thought of adding metal or plastic washers and put a silicon washer below those. Then you have a hard surface for the post and the pressure is spread to the wider metal/plastic washer. But the pressure there is smoothed down by the silicon washer below and thus the playfield gets less pressure from any ball contact at the post.

#10566 2 years ago

#10567 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I thought of adding metal or plastic washers and put a silicon washer below those. Then you have a hard surface for the post and the pressure is spread to the wider metal/plastic washer. But the pressure there is smoothed down by the silicon washer below and thus the playfield gets less pressure from any ball contact at the post.

Sounds good in theory but I think you're raising components way too high at that point by using a double washer... I'd be worried about changing the shot geometry at that point too much

#10568 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Sounds good in theory but I think you're raising components way too high at that point by using a double washer... I'd be worried about changing the shot geometry at that point too much

Some problematic posts the height wouldnā€™t matter. Post on guitar lock, posts near pop bumpers, and post near out lane. All those posts are just metal posts with no rubber on them. So it shouldnā€™t do anything to game play.

#10569 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had a pretty similar idea 7 months ago when the first 100 were having issues. My idea got poopooed ...I bet it would work though, not all over the playfield (space requirements) but key areas that take a pounding
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/35#post-5926668[quoted image]

Nice idea.

I'd just stick a t-nut on the top of the PF, secure with a nut/washer on the bottom of the PF.

#10570 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Some problematic posts the height wouldnā€™t matter. Post on guitar lock, posts near pop bumpers, and post near out lane. All those posts are just metal posts with no rubber on them. So it shouldnā€™t do anything to game play.

There shouldn't be any posts near the pop bumpers that don't have bumpers on them which ones do you mean?

Agreed on the bare metal posts but they're far outnumbered by the ones that have rubber

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

There shouldn't be any posts near the pop bumpers that don't have bumpers on them which ones do you mean?
Agreed on the bare metal posts but they're far outnumbered by the ones that have rubber

Sorry you are correct. I was talking about the two beside the ā€œbackstageā€, I had to check, I could have sworn they had no rubbers. Also, why are those posts even there?? I feel like take them out completely.

#10572 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The two posts without rubber would not be influenced (except if you put rubbers on them for additional protection reasons what I plan to do) and the other 2 posts with rubbers in the bumper section have metal washers anyway and an additional silicon washer should not matter, because the silicon is pressed together anyway. Additionally, I have a playfield protector on it, so that the post level is adjusted by teh silicon to that increased playfield level.

The only thing that bothers me is the question whether you damage the clear/art work, when screwing out a post that has no washer; if it is drilled into the clear, the post may already be connected with the clear so that you damage more than you may win. Any experience in this regard?

#10573 2 years ago

As I read before, people make mistake about Cliffy's carbon protectors: they are NOT intended to be used alone !!! Fix your pooling, install the carbon ring (stick it to the playfield so it won't move) then re-install the post with its washer. That way, the washer could slide and move on the carbon protector and NOT tearing the clear/art.

More photos here : http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

CF-washer-compare (resized).jpgCF-washer-compare (resized).jpg
#10574 2 years ago

Been playing on location and now have one at home.

Any adjustments that people have generally had to make?

Noticed the ball getting stuck bottom of bumpers/jets but there is a rubber on it. Never had this issue on location. Wondering if anyone had to make adjustments for this.

#10575 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

As I read before, people make mistake about Cliffy's carbon protectors: they are NOT intended to be used alone !!! Fix your pooling, install the carbon ring (stick it to the playfield so it won't move) then re-install the post with its washer. That way, the washer could slide and move on the carbon protector and NOT tearing the clear/art.
More photos here : http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm[quoted image]

Can you make a recommendation on how many of Cliffā€™s small and large carbon rings a GNR LE will need to protect the game? Thanks.

#10576 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Noticed the ball getting stuck bottom of bumpers/jets but there is a rubber on it. Never had this issue on location. Wondering if anyone had to make adjustments for this.

I did some re-dialing in this weekend and currently loving the setup. Hereā€™s some tips:

ā€¢ bottom bumper: added a small piece of foam on the bumper skirt to prevent ball hang ups. (Sorry donā€™t have a pic at the moment).

ā€¢ Pitch: Iā€™m right above the 2nd line. Iā€™ve tried many different pitch levels. I was at the 3rd line for quite awhile but found my loop/ramp combos were off and the inner spinner though the pops never worked. Where Iā€™m at now seems like a real sweet spot. See pic below.
> hint: for playing with pitches get a couple identical hand towels and fold them different ways to add/subtract pitch levels and stick them under legs. Once you find a pitch your happy with, lock it in and remove the towels.

ā€¢ inner spinner (through the pops): thereā€™s an adjustable screw at the entrance of the inner spinner right at the JAM target. Loosen, then use your thumb / fingers on the middle of the ball guide to push in or out the guide to adjust the guide to your liking. Tighten the screw then test how consistent it makes it through the pops to the top lanes. Readjust as necessary. Keep in mind that shot is designed to go through the pops up to the lanes about 10% of the time. Iā€™ve done a lot of adjusting and happy to be at around 15-20% success now. I have not played with the 2nd half of this shot - guide rail under the ramp > there is 2 adjustable screws for that guide but they seem to be a pain to get at.

ā€¢ left loop ball guide exit. I used needle nose to ever so slightly bend the exit rail a hair so that returns would come to the flipper and not top of sling shot. May have to play with this one depending on your pitch so you can still combo the right ramp on the loop return.

ā€¢ flipper power:
> right flipper +3
> left flipper +2
> up rt flipper I think Iā€™m at 19ā€™or 20. Youā€™ll have to play with your own to your liking and consistency.

ā€¢ other misc adjustments you probably donā€™t care about but including anyway:
> increased power chord lock time from 15 secs to 20 secs
> lowered song max ball saver time from 60 to 45 secs
> lowered band member ball saver increase time from 15 secs to 10 secs.
> increased # of letters to light mystery by I think 3 or 4. I think I need to spell out GNR completely.

4B66A750-8E0D-4608-8595-4DECF86AEEFB (resized).jpeg4B66A750-8E0D-4608-8595-4DECF86AEEFB (resized).jpeg
#10577 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Can you make a recommendation on how many of Cliffā€™s small and large carbon rings a GNR LE will need to protect the game? Thanks.

Sorry I cannot recommend anything as I am "simply" a game owner like you, so I have no legitimacy to tell you precisely what to do, only sharing my own experience and advices from professionals.

Large carbon protectors are used with star post and other large ones, where 3/4 ID are used with small post WITH their washers.
Please consult http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm for more details

#10578 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Sorry I cannot recommend anything as I am "simply" a game owner like you, so I have no legitimacy to tell you precisely what to do, only sharing my own experience and advices from professionals.
Large carbon protectors are used with star post and other large ones, where 3/4 ID are used with small post WITH their washers.
Please consult http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm for more details

Actually, Cliff said to check Pinside for a recommendation on how many washers and size to buy for the LE. I guess Iā€™ll wing it. I was only looking for a ball park. I donā€™t have my game yet, but want to be prepared for when it eventually arrives. But thanks anyway.

#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:As I read before, people make mistake about Cliffy's carbon protectors: they are NOT intended to be used alone !!! Fix your pooling, install the carbon ring (stick it to the playfield so it won't move) then re-install the post with its washer. That way, the washer could slide and move on the carbon protector and NOT tearing the clear/art.

Good to know, I've mostly used them with washers on top but in instances where I haven't the cliffy shifts around.

#10580 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Actually, Cliff said to check Pinside for a recommendation on how many washers and size to buy for the LE. I guess Iā€™ll wing it. I was only looking for a ball park. I donā€™t have my game yet, but want to be prepared for when it eventually arrives. But thanks anyway.

I purchased a set of 10 small washers, not installed them yet as I'm waiting for JJP regarding the tickets I have opened. I dont want to make any intervention before their inputs.

#10581 2 years ago

Best of British luck to you.

#10582 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I had the issue of the ball resting at the right of the bottom pop, and my fix was to adjust the switch gap on that pop (to be more sensitive) and upped the power on just that one by a little bit.

No issues since.

#10583 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Leo is precisely correct

#10584 2 years ago

How is the shaker in this game?yes or not worth 150.00

#10585 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:How is the shaker in this game?yes or not worth 150.00

Worthy!

#10586 2 years ago

Worth $150 for any game in my book. =1-2% extra on purchase cost?

NoBrainerPunkin

#10587 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I purchased a set of 10 small washers, not installed them yet as I'm waiting for JJP regarding the tickets I have opened. I dont want to make any intervention before their inputs.

Ok, much appreciated. I ordered large and small. And surprise, surprise I got my invoice for my LE today. Game ships in two weeks.

#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Shaker and light show integration are the best Iā€™ve ever experienced on a pinball. Lots of ā€œoh wow, thatā€™s coolā€ moments.

#10589 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

It's noticeable, but no magic moment IMO (No Sparky, JP Dino, Gappa, etc. level integration). Some games are certainly a must have on the shaker, but if it were between $150 on a shaker and $150 on a subwoofer, I'd go with the sub on GnR.

#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A few more rules ideas:

Great ideas! Please jjp listen

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Ok, much appreciated. I ordered large and small. And surprise, surprise I got my invoice for my LE today. Game ships in two weeks.

Order date? Distro or JjP direct?

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Shaker and light show integration are the best Iā€™ve ever experienced on a pinball. Lots of ā€œoh wow, thatā€™s coolā€ moments.

Oh man. Because of these posts... I just realized LE didn't have shaker. Another must have mod.

Do you get these from pinball life?

#10593 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Worth $150 for any game in my book. =1-2% extra on purchase cost?
NoBrainerPunkin

Quoted from Vespula:

Oh man. Because of these posts... I just realized LE didn't have shaker. Another must have mod.

The LE does come with a shaker. The SE does not.

#10594 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

LEs are SUPPOSED to have shaker motors. Was yours missing?

#10595 2 years ago

Maybe his is turned off in settings?

#10596 2 years ago

Sorry for the confusion. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm just collecting mods

I remembered one being in the LE on location but When I went to Jersey Jack website they didn't list shaker motor except on the CE.

But that was because I was looking at the overview section which does list the shaker motor on the CE, and then when I switch to the LE I looked at the specs section and they don't list shaker motor in the specs.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/
Duh.
Thanks

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry for the confusion. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm just collecting mods
I remembered one being in the LE on location but When I went to Jersey Jack website they didn't list shaker motor except on the CE.
But that was because I was looking at the overview section which does list the shaker motor on the CE, and then when I switch to the LE I looked at the specs section and they don't list shaker motor in the specs. But it's in overview... Little panic. I'm ok now
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/
Duh.
Thanks

#10598 2 years ago

Argh. I need a drink I can't find the delete post button. Maybe you can't do it. Sorry again

#10599 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

One of the reasons why I purchased the SE was that it didn't have a shaker motor. For example "Live and Let Die" song lyrics are completely muffled by the sound of the game shaking itself. So it will be like "But if this ever changin' world in which we're livin'....Makes you give in and cry.*musical cue*..Say *BURRR* AH *BURR* Live and Let *BURR* *BURR*. Then the song plays with jackpots making more rumbling sounds. Plus it vibrates the game to hell making hardware come loose. I want to listen to the music and callouts, etc and not the vibrating game like a Honda with huge speakers in the back vibrating the plastic trim off the car.

#10600 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

One of the reasons why I purchased the SE was that it didn't have a shaker motor. For example "Live and Let Die" song lyrics are completely muffled by the sound of the game shaking itself. So it will be like "But if this ever changin' world in which we're livin'....Makes you give in and cry.*musical cue*..Say *BURRR* AH *BURR* Live and Let *BURR* *BURR*. Then the song plays with jackpots making more rumbling sounds. Plus it vibrates the game to hell making hardware come loose. I want to listen to the music and callouts, etc and not the vibrating game like a Honda with huge speakers in the back vibrating the plastic trim off the car.

Wouldn't have thought that much rubbish would fit in one paragraph, but you've surprised me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/212?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.