IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 568.
#10501 2 years ago

I’ve found a company here in UK - make silicone washers any size/shape and can add adhesive backing to the washers..

Or how about this company- makes vibration dampening bushings / washers..

Maybe a bushing through the post hole.. like a flipper bat..

EC2728F2-4BE4-4920-950C-DAD013D91D84 (resized).pngEC2728F2-4BE4-4920-950C-DAD013D91D84 (resized).png
#10502 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I posted @HEP in another thread asking if his amazing treatment might "lock up/lock in" a suspect PF, prevent art tear under posts, gonna ask Savage too. Shit ton of work though for complete strip and re-populate

on a brand new game !! ,,,and completely voiding warranty ,,, incredible lenghts to go to for a a goo d quality playfield that had already been paid for ,, sorry not trying to crap om your idea but if that the standard we now accept , where next

#10503 2 years ago

Installed the cliffys and Lior’s shooter rod cover and action button sculpt this weekend. Did a thorough inspection and happy to report no playfield issues of any sort.

3036B26B-3CA3-4F05-A614-532B43CF695C (resized).jpeg3036B26B-3CA3-4F05-A614-532B43CF695C (resized).jpeg5536B984-7C1E-44CE-BD15-B8868B1EC97E (resized).jpeg5536B984-7C1E-44CE-BD15-B8868B1EC97E (resized).jpeg599EFF6F-5F60-4DAD-824D-817F7608E7CB (resized).jpeg599EFF6F-5F60-4DAD-824D-817F7608E7CB (resized).jpegBB3D930A-3ABF-4633-A0E3-0D7E12C244BC (resized).jpegBB3D930A-3ABF-4633-A0E3-0D7E12C244BC (resized).jpegFD01FF3B-F032-4A07-892B-B50D3A6CB029 (resized).jpegFD01FF3B-F032-4A07-892B-B50D3A6CB029 (resized).jpeg
#10504 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Anyone have any thoughts on my posy above? Would love some thoughts on strategy.

Gotta go for the pre-song multiballs. It is not enough just to start them, you have to collect jackpots during them as well. The more jackpots in the more of these, the higher your starting song value will be. Also, I've noticed it can be helpful to play more songs rather than just one loaded song. Try to finish a song and get the encore going. Best way to increase scoring during a song is to go for band frenzy. This can be easier if you have the fender patch. Also, you get slightly penalized if you select your song, so just try to go with whatever song is queued up, unless you have a specific patch that increases scoring for another song that you want to play. Some songs are easier than others, so try and queue up an easier song for better score.

#10505 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Installed the cliffys and Lior’s shooter rod cover and action button sculpt this weekend. Did a thorough inspection and happy to report no playfield issues of any sort. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Cloning the playfield LCD on the top is the first time í have seen that. Cool.
Have you seen the flexible strip LED like lermods uses for smooth glow.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-full-translight-kit

Great job and looks great. Don't see many modded SE either.

#10506 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

My Theory of why the clear PETG washers (carbon also) work better than mylar or metal washers: (Not saying that larger metal don't work as well or those who use mylar are doing it wrong...just I think the PETG solution is the best one for now)
(The pic below is after hot iron fix and 800+ plays...all my fixes are holding up as well 18+ fixes)
This is for those who want to fix/protect their games with the current playfields - I'm not posting this to discuss clearcoat and playfield methods, or how washers look ugly, detract from resale etc.... I think the playfield issue is a major problem and needs to be addressed but this is for those who want to keep their games and continue to enjoy them without worry
Hopefully this will encourage you to be proactive and protect your game with the right material
1. The sooner the better to prevent pooling as they best translate the forces away from the playfield
2. Notice the darker black ring around the post...that is the direct point of contact the washer is making in and around the post hole. The post is applying downward pressure but the flex of the PETG washer (while mostly rigid) is enough to just barely flex to a conical shape translating to a downward and outward force of the washer on the post hole rather than just a lateral "digging in" edge force a metal washer. Mylar works to a point but then bunches up, doesn't translate the force away enough, becomes compressed and loses effectiveness (see my crude sketch - sometimes a pic is easier to communicate)
3. By flex, I mean less than paper thin ....that space between the play surface and the outer washer area.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

fooflighter did you leave the original washers, metal or otherwise on the playfield And just add the petg ones underneath? Or remove them? Cheers

#10507 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm a bit confused about the washer situation as there seems to be so many options now.
Can someone please rank these in order of best solution to worst and and experience you've had post installment (how many plays post operation)
PETG washers
Titan Silicone washers
Cliffy Carbon Fibre washers
JJP Issued washers
Mylar Circles
Post sized washers

The whole thing is a head fuck .
It would be great if jjp knew the correct answer but obviously they don't and are guessing just like the rest of us .
The problem seems to be , a hard post pushing on a soft surface makes it Bubble Up and eventually pop .
So a metal washer would just spread the same issue further out .
So I'm going to go with the yelobird's method and put a Mylar washer down , that way if it does ripple up , it will all be held in place and won't just tear off and leave a blank space on the plywood .
Hope for the best , prepare for the worst

#10508 2 years ago

One side or the other needs to hire a chemist, someone who understands the properties of these materials, why they won't bond, and how to make them bond.

A consultant would cost a few bucks, but this is getting crazy.

Quoted from screaminr:

It would be great if jjp knew the correct answer but obviously they don't and are guessing just like the rest of us .

#10509 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

did that on TNA, made zero difference, the damage still happens.

Any chance you could share a photo of that?

#10510 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

One side or the other needs to hire a chemist, someone who understands the properties of these materials, why they won't bond, and how to make them bond.
A consultant would cost a few bucks, but this is getting crazy.

My Hobbit playfield was beautiful , who knows what they've changed since then .

#10511 2 years ago

Who sells the Mylar rings?

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Installed the cliffys and Lior’s shooter rod cover and action button sculpt this weekend. Did a thorough inspection and happy to report no playfield issues of any sort. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done on the screen. Looks great.

#10516 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Gotta go for the pre-song multiballs. It is not enough just to start them, you have to collect jackpots during them as well. The more jackpots in the more of these, the higher your starting song value will be. Also, I've noticed it can be helpful to play more songs rather than just one loaded song. Try to finish a song and get the encore going. Best way to increase scoring during a song is to go for band frenzy. This can be easier if you have the fender patch. Also, you get slightly penalized if you select your song, so just try to go with whatever song is queued up, unless you have a specific patch that increases scoring for another song that you want to play. Some songs are easier than others, so try and queue up an easier song for better score.

Thanks. I will do my best to Max all the multi balls out and collect as many jackpots as possible. I always use the preselected song as you get a pretty decent penalty for not using that. I also always try to complete the song even leaving massive jackpots on the table on many occasions trying. I often try to collect as many band member patches as possible along with the Fender patch first. Band Frenzy seems lucrative but I can’t we tell how much that plays into the jackpot scoring since I am so busy keeping the balls in play and can’t look at the screen. Washergate issues aside this game is a blast to play.

#10518 2 years ago

Just going to order mylar washers from Pinmonk (since he's the only one who can ship to France), but... how many and which size ? I'm assuming the issue is mostly on "small" posts, and 10 units would be enough ?

Regards

#10519 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just going to order mylar washers from Pinmonk (since he's the only one who can ship to France), but... how many and which size ? I'm assuming the issue is mostly on "small" posts, and 10 units would be enough ?
Regards

Yea I think 10 small will do the job. I ordered 10 medium too just to have as backup or any other future need.

#10520 2 years ago

It’s too bad you lose the full jackpot when you finish a song but fail to collect the applause jackpot. Seems like you should get the jackpot you had built up once the song finishes, and then you should get an additional jackpot for hitting the scoop at the end

#10521 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It’s too bad you lose the full jackpot when you finish a song but fail to collect the applause jackpot. Seems like you should get the jackpot you had built up once the song finishes, and then he’ll get an additional jackpot for hitting the scoop at the end

Yes, this is painful!

#10522 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Was it hard to mimic the mini screen on the LCD TV? Likely a lot cheaper than buying a new GnR topper and looks great. Thanks.

#10523 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure who’s recommending those PETG washers but I got mine today to fix/repair/maintain my chipped post and there’s no way the PETG washer is a good solution, at least for the GNR inlane post. They are bulky! They will mess with the balls trajectory. This is not a fix IMO.
Luckily, I happened to find my clear silicone (titan?) washers that I had been looking for all week. The clear ones are small and don’t cover up the damage, but like my Deadpool chip, it’ll do the trick. I covered the damage with a small bit of Mylar first, then applied the post with the clear silicone. Before and after pictures below.
I’ll stick with this until JJP sends me the replacement washers which is going on 2+ weeks now and they still haven’t shipped them as of yesterday (ridiculous).
My wife came into the game room to check to see what I was doing. She knows nothing about pinball, except anytime I get a new game she gets an iWatch or iPhone haha. In any case I showed her what was going on with GNR and she saw and her first words were, ‘whoa! That’s bad business’. Right?
In any case as of now I’m ok with my maintenance fix for now and plan to play the snot out of this game and pray to the pinball gods it doesn’t get worse. I’ll keep you guys updated.
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image][quoted image]

They work in most areas, specifically for the lane post you do have to modify it...here's what I did to mine

I scored a small notch with cutters, then used a file to sand out a small notch/recess..fit's like a glove, doesn't interfere with the ball at all on a 3/4 washer
20210512_130200 (resized).jpg20210512_130200 (resized).jpg20210518_112719 (resized).jpg20210518_112719 (resized).jpg

#10524 2 years ago

This would eliminate the cash out risk/reward that makes this game so great.

Automatically awarding the points as the song goes would ruin the game.

If you can’t hit that last shot, then you can always cash out before then.

Quoted from Mattyk:

It’s too bad you lose the full jackpot when you finish a song but fail to collect the applause jackpot. Seems like you should get the jackpot you had built up once the song finishes, and then he’ll get an additional jackpot for hitting the scoop at the end

#10525 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

fooflighter did you leave the original washers, metal or otherwise on the playfield And just add the petg ones underneath? Or remove them? Cheers

I left the JJP one by the slings, those work great.

I added PETG 3/4 inch everywhere else I could.

Some area which took damage with a small metal washer, I put a larger metal washer. (The two poast by the pop bumpers for example)

Some posts due to fit , I could only gte a 3/4 clear next to a metal washer, but usually the metal washer was braced against something else which secured it further.

It really is a custom job for everyone to do, based on how they see their playfield responds and what size and type of material to use.

I stand behind the PETG ones as the best solution overall before a lot of damage occurs or if you just have minor pooling with no art damage, or as a prevenatative Larger metal for areas with small washers and art damage.

900+ plays after my fixes and no further spread

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10526 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Anyone have any thoughts on my posy above? Would love some thoughts on strategy.

I have a few top scores in the 60 million point range, so I'm not the best but not the worst at this game either. I watched a lot of Karl's streams so most of my strategy is his but modified for my 'skill' level.

Ideally, you want to play all 4 multiballs at the same time, as the jackpots are multiplied depending on how many multiballs are running. I typically go for the lights multiball first because my priority is to lock balls, and get the patches that spot band members. Once I've started lights multiball, I go for pyro. To start crowd multiball its best to use two balls on the right flipper and backhand the crowd shot. Then I shoot ramps until I get amp multiball started.

My gameplan usually never works out irl hahha so I typically ignore the jackpots in all the multiballs and use them to go for patches and guitar locks. I go for Fender, gibson, vater, marshall, to get the extra ball. I usually end up playing a song before I get all those patches though. Play the song, and if you get a low song score, concentrate on completing all the inlanes so that when you collect the jackpot it lights extra ball.

Depending on how well I am doing the next set of patches that I will collect will be either the Tshirt and poster - to light extra ball, or if I am still on ball 1, I go for the rose, duff skull, franks drumsticks, and melissa's candy. Every song I play I concentrate on lighting extra ball by lighting the inlanes and I ABC everytime. Always Be Cashing if the extra ball is lit! This is the opposite of Karl's strategy which is to go big, or go home.

If somehow I have managed to collect all of those patches, I will then go for the multiball patches. But typically I have played 3 to 5 songs by then lol, and my game usually ends before I can get any further.

I feel that the more songs you play the higher your song score will be even if you do poorly in the multiballs. Choosing a song does lower the song score as well, so I don't choose songs, unless it's coma - which I think is the hardest one to score well in.

I always disable album modes when going for high scores, and I always time out slash's solo as well.

Concentrating on getting extra balls is kinda my way of getting high scores. I had one game where I played 8 balls lol! 1/3 of my games are over 15 min long.

When I get bored of my strategy, I'll probably try to play the boosters the way they were meant to be played and concentrate on getting jackpots. I don't see any reason to change it though until they update the code to balance scoring, and finish a few other modes in the game.

#10527 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea I think 10 small will do the job. I ordered 10 medium too just to have as backup or any other future need.

Good luck with the mylar, I hope that works for your playfield, it didn't for mine...just bunched up under the posts and spread adhesive around, all the while still allowing the posts to make indentations

#10528 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Good luck with the mylar, I hope that works for your playfield, it didn't for mine...just bunched up under the posts and spread adhesive around, all the while still allowing the posts to make indentations

My thought was to put the mylar down first than the washers. Either petg or the titan's?

#10529 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

also...

Here's an example of custom sizing...

I put a clear PETG under the inner loop guide rail entrance and exit...here is the exit. Bacause of proximity, I added a metal washer to one that wasn't there before at the post with the ring under the guitar and then enlargesdthe smaller one on the post near the pop to make it all fit

Screenshot_20210531-103055_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210531-103055_Gallery (resized).jpg

#10530 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I have posted too many times in this thread about PETG washers, their locations and before and afters and am probably starting to make people tired of me talking about them.

Here is the last time, of a smattering of some of my fixes...You can see it's a hodgpodge of metal and clear...trying to use clear whenever I could.

You can see in the last one I used 5 metal and 3 clear - so there is no formula...only what works for you

This doesn't represent all of my fixes, just some heavy hit areas related to your question and the various types I have used
20210511_205944 (resized).jpg20210511_205944 (resized).jpg20210525_172241 (resized).jpg20210525_172241 (resized).jpg20210525_172423 (resized).jpg20210525_172423 (resized).jpg20210530_160921 (resized).jpg20210530_160921 (resized).jpg20210531_102853 (resized).jpg20210531_102853 (resized).jpg20210531_102919 (resized).jpg20210531_102919 (resized).jpg

#10531 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

My thought was to put the mylar down first than the washers. Either petg or the titan's?

Tried that, with both metal and clear...the mylar just twisted and bunched out from under the washers for me

#10532 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

They work in most areas, specifically for the lane post you do have to modify it...here's what I did to mine
I scored a small notch with cutters, then used a file to sand out a small notch/recess..fit's like a glove, doesn't interfere with the ball at all on a 3/4 washer
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yea but look how thick that washer is. Going to mess with the ball trajectory. In a critical path of the game.

#10533 2 years ago

Here's what matters at the end of the day ...I probably have spent about 15+ hours just on playfield repair adding washers, ironing, tweaking, repairing...

This game represents the most labor I've ever had to put in on a NIB pin...not just the playfield. I definitely cannot at this point, recommend a JJP pin for a first time NIB user or someone new to the hobby...it is far too labor intensive and really requires a lot of maintenance and fabrication in a lot of places, and a ton of creative thinking and patience.

Repairs or replacements consisted of (I'm probably leaving things out):

spotlights, lockdown bars, mylar on sticks, cliffy protection, scoop hoods, fans for flipper fade (say that 3 times fast), rubbers, rail adjustments, rattling in backglass, sunken disk, magnet too high, fences sticking, machine not booting up, vinyl bubbling on decals, flipper alignment, shooter lane fence lower, this doesn't include all my own mods for fun...

DESPITE ALL OF THAT...this is simply a must have pin in my collection and is never leaving unless it decides to.

I totally can understand how this pin is not for everyone. It is not a plug and play pin solution in most cases. Maybe you are lucky and haven't had to tweak a thing.

Going forward, JJP really needs to step it up in pre release wear game testing...a bunch of these issues probably could have been worked out before distribution if someone from QC put 1000 games on a cross section of games.

This picture is all that matters now. It shoots like butter, is completely dialed in, despite the washers...here is my player view poistion. I Love this game.

20210531_105252 (resized).jpg20210531_105252 (resized).jpg
#10534 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea but look how thick that washer is. Going to mess with the ball trajectory. In a critical path of the game.

It doesn't interfere...one sec and I'll post a clearance shot

#10535 2 years ago

I'm holding the ball flush to the post.

This is the worst case scenario clearance since there is no rubber on that post

You can see the ball completely misses the washer all the way around

20210531_111336 (resized).jpg20210531_111336 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210531-111436_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210531-111436_Photos (resized).jpg
#10536 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm holding the ball flush to the post.
This is the worst case scenario clearance since there is no rubber on that post
You can see the ball completely misses the washer all the way around[quoted image][quoted image]

yeah-science.jpgyeah-science.jpg
#10537 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's what matters at the end of the day ...I probably have spent about 15+ hours just on playfield repair adding washers, ironing, tweaking, repairing...
This game represents the most labor I've ever had to put in on a NIB pin...not just the playfield. I definitely cannot at this point, recommend a JJP pin for a first time NIB user or someone new to the hobby...it is far too labor intensive and really requires a lot of maintenance and fabrication in a lot of places, and a ton of creative thinking and patience.
spotlights, lockdown bars, mylar on sticks, cliffy protection, scoop hoods, fans for flipper fade (say that 3 times fast), rubbers, rail adjustments, rattling in backglass, sunken disk, magnet too high, fences sticking, machine not booting up, vinyl bubbling on decals, flipper alignment, shooter lane fence lower, this doesn't include all my own mods for fun...
DESPITE ALL OF THAT...this is simply a must have pin in my collection and is never leaving unless it decides to.
I totally can understand how this pin is not for everyone. It is not a plug and play pin solution in most cases. Maybe you are lucky and haven't had to tweak a thing.
Going forward, JJP really needs to step it up in pre release wear game testing...a bunch of these issues probably could have been worked out before distribution if someone from QC put 1000 games on a cross section of games.
This picture is all that matters now. It shoots like butter, is completely dialed in, despite the washers...here is my player view poistion. I Love this game.[quoted image]

Awesome pic.
I'm saving for an airline ticket to fly you to Nashville when my pin arrives . I just need to know your daily rate to finalize the paperwork.

#10538 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Awesome pic.
I'm saving for an airline ticket to fly you to Nashville when my pin arrives . I just need to know your daily rate to finalize the paperwork.

I'll just stop in on a layover (Love Nashville)...I fly for a living and can just bring my washers and pinball breakout bag in my flight case lol

Oh by the way that just reminded me of a joke. How do you know if someone is a pilot?

They'll tell you
vfa4s6gu06t31 (resized).jpgvfa4s6gu06t31 (resized).jpg

#10539 2 years ago

Hi, I was hoping someone might have some insight/knowledge about GNR LE code updating via wifi in my particular case. I’m still at 1.14 but want to update to current code. I’ve been out of town for 3 months for work and when I left in early March it was 1.14. During the last 3 months I’ve read about multiple issues updating via wifi to 1.15-1.18 I think? Is it finally safe for me to do a wifi update now with the current latest code(1.21 is it?)? I’ve never had any issues updating via wifi previously. Thx for any info!

#10540 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Hi, I was hoping someone might have some insight/knowledge about GNR LE code updating via wifi in my particular case. I’m still at 1.14 but want to update to current code. I’ve been out of town for 3 months for work and when I left in early March it was 1.14. During the last 3 months I’ve read about multiple issues updating via wifi to 1.15-1.18 I think? Is it finally safe for me to do a wifi update now with the current latest code(1.21 is it?)? I’ve never had any issues updating via wifi previously. Thx for any info!

I think 1.14 was the good one where you can update via WiFi. Just make sure to keep the coin door open the whole time.

#10541 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think 1.14 was the good one where you can update via WiFi. Just make sure to keep the coin door open the whole time.

thx for the info!

#10542 2 years ago

Now that I’m back to playing, thinking about code. Curious to see what Keefer does for album modes and slash solo. Hopefully some kind of reward, a dangling carrot so to speak, for completing them. I’d like to see the album level be boosted too if you make encore. One other thing I hope he codes in a longer delay on releasing powerchord locks, much like he put a delay on the shooter.

#10543 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Looks great. Cloning the playfield LCD on the top is the first time í have seen that. Cool.
Have you seen the flexible strip LED like lermods uses for smooth glow.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-full-translight-kit
Great job and looks great. Don't see many modded SE either.

Thanks, still not finished with the topper. Need to make a base for it and then the monitor and the LED acrylics will be mounted flush and have a few cosmetic ideas for it.

I was trying another mounting spot for the backglass LEDs and they are too close mounted to the frame of the monitor. When I need to go back into the backbox, I'll move them further back where I had them before where they look smoother.

#10544 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now that I’m back to playing, thinking about code. Curious to see what Keefer does for album modes and slash solo. Hopefully some kind of reward, a dangling carrot so to speak, for completing them. I’d like to see the album level be boosted too if you make encore. One other thing I hope he codes in a longer delay on releasing powerchord locks, much like he put a delay on the shooter.

I can't wait to see Desert Demolition as well. I really wish I could see all my booster meters on the small display at all times, just the dials of color would be great...

In addition, The current song Value displayed somewhere at all times would really help...kind of giving you a target to shoot for and knowing directly how much your boosters are counting towards your overall song level value

#10545 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This picture is all that matters now. It shoots like butter, is completely dialed in, despite the washers...here is my player view poistion. I Love this game.[quoted image]

Heh, I just spent 2 days on a NIB Deadpool installing washers under ball guides that are known to scrape the PF plus all my mods. 9hrs spent day 1, 4+ hrs spent day 2.

Granted it’s my first pin and I was learning the basics as I went, so everything took waaaaay longer than normal. After that experience I’d be ok with 15hrs on GNR

#10546 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

I have a few top scores in the 60 million point range, so I'm not the best but not the worst at this game either. I watched a lot of Karl's streams so most of my strategy is his but modified for my 'skill' level.
Ideally, you want to play all 4 multiballs at the same time, as the jackpots are multiplied depending on how many multiballs are running. I typically go for the lights multiball first because my priority is to lock balls, and get the patches that spot band members. Once I've started lights multiball, I go for pyro. To start crowd multiball its best to use two balls on the right flipper and backhand the crowd shot. Then I shoot ramps until I get amp multiball started.
My gameplan usually never works out irl hahha so I typically ignore the jackpots in all the multiballs and use them to go for patches and guitar locks. I go for Fender, gibson, vater, marshall, to get the extra ball. I usually end up playing a song before I get all those patches though. Play the song, and if you get a low song score, concentrate on completing all the inlanes so that when you collect the jackpot it lights extra ball.
Depending on how well I am doing the next set of patches that I will collect will be either the Tshirt and poster - to light extra ball, or if I am still on ball 1, I go for the rose, duff skull, franks drumsticks, and melissa's candy. Every song I play I concentrate on lighting extra ball by lighting the inlanes and I ABC everytime. Always Be Cashing if the extra ball is lit! This is the opposite of Karl's strategy which is to go big, or go home.
If somehow I have managed to collect all of those patches, I will then go for the multiball patches. But typically I have played 3 to 5 songs by then lol, and my game usually ends before I can get any further.
I feel that the more songs you play the higher your song score will be even if you do poorly in the multiballs. Choosing a song does lower the song score as well, so I don't choose songs, unless it's coma - which I think is the hardest one to score well in.
I always disable album modes when going for high scores, and I always time out slash's solo as well.
Concentrating on getting extra balls is kinda my way of getting high scores. I had one game where I played 8 balls lol! 1/3 of my games are over 15 min long.
When I get bored of my strategy, I'll probably try to play the boosters the way they were meant to be played and concentrate on getting jackpots. I don't see any reason to change it though until they update the code to balance scoring, and finish a few other modes in the game.

Thanks for your thoughts. Very helpful to see how others play the game. I just learned my random extra balls during song modes were because I completed all the inlanes. Thanks for that nugget. I watched the IE Pinball streams too while waiting for my game and to help me when I was playing at location. I wish I had half his ability. I also cancel the Album Modes when going for score. Also the song modes are a bunch of fun. I think I need to get a few games in now. This was proper inspiration.

#10547 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think that’s part of the genius of this game. It’s a fairly straight forward shot until you have 10 or 15 seconds to make it with 20m or more on the line. It suddenly becomes the hardest shot in pinball. It also makes you really think about cashing out early vs riding it to the end. A bird in the hand vs a possibly better bird in the bush with a shot timer.

#10548 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I watched the IE Pinball streams too while waiting for my game and to help me when I was playing at location. I wish I had half his ability.

I know right? I watch him play almost effortlessly and wonder how many hours he plays per week or like sports if it's just a natural thing? His worst games are my GC scores lol.

#10549 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I think that’s part of the genius of this game. It’s a fairly straight forward shot until you have 10 or 15 seconds to make it with 20m or more on the line. It suddenly becomes the hardest shot in pinball. It also makes you really think about cashing out early vs riding it to the end. A bird in the hand vs a possibly better bird in the bush with a shot timer.

Isn't that the truth...I can't tell you how many times when that Applause jackpot starts flashing and I'm carrying double digit jackpots... The scoop goes from the easiest to the toughest shot of the game.... Just one more game.... Just one more...good stuff

#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Heh, I just spent 2 days on a NIB Deadpool installing washers under ball guides that are known to scrape the PF plus all my mods. 9hrs spent day 1, 4+ hrs spent day 2.
Granted it’s my first pin and I was learning the basics as I went, so everything took waaaaay longer than normal. After that experience I’d be ok with 15hrs on GNR

I had the same experience with my Jurassic park... Thankfully JJP used a different rail guide on GnR... Otherwise, it could have been really ugly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/211?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.