IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 562.
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

JJP posted some better stage pics for the SE. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice! looks like the stage lights up during game play...

#952 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I called and spoke with my distributor today. He stated that JJP was hoping to provide delivery estimates and numbers this Friday to distributors. More to follow. Just running rough estimates based on passed releases, I am looking at a few weeks wait for my LE. I purchased mine early and am in the first third of the waiting cue.

Thank you...I was just about to bug my distro.

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I called and spoke with my distributor today. He stated that JJP was hoping to provide delivery estimates and numbers this Friday to distributors. More to follow. Just running rough estimates based on passed releases, I am looking at a few weeks wait for my LE. I purchased mine early and am in the first third of the waiting cue.

What is first third of the waiting cue mean? Your like #15 for an Le from ur distributor?

#954 3 years ago

At 100 games a week thats 5 weeks for the CEs to be done. So earliest I see LE’s shipping would be 6 weeks from next week. If you are like number 1-100 up next.

Most people think that number is 60 a week soooo a lot longer than that is more likely.

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

What is first third of the waiting cue mean? Your like #15 for an Le from ur distributor?

Yes, #15 out of 45 on the wait list for an LE from my distributor.

Edit: so if my distributor is receiving 5 LE’s every 2 weeks, then it will be approximately 6 weeks before I see my LE.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just wanted to update from my post yesterday that I picked up my machine.
I’m in the middle of finishing my pinball room which sucks because after work I’d really rather play GNR than do that.
Anyway after painting late into the night last night I decided to unbox GNR in my living room. I only played it for about an hour-ish because it was late and I had to wake up for STUPID work today!
I just want to say that this game is amazing!!!!
I know I only played it a handful of times but oh my God… This thing is loaded, it looks great, it shoots really nice, the sound effects are great, the lights are crazy cool. I could go on and on!
I wasn’t able to turn up the volume because it was after 1am and the wife and kids were sleeping. So I wasn’t even able to get the full experience with the sound system turned up! I can’t wait to crank this thing up and play it again, should be even more amazing!
I’m hoping to be done with my pinball room by Thursday night (down to flooring and an accent wall) so I can really get some games on it this thing!
The good news is I have Friday off so it’s a three day weekend for me!!!

Headphones jack is a great option!

#957 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Edit: so if my distributor is receiving 5 LE’s every 2 weeks, then it will be approximately 6 weeks before I see my LE.

6 weeks from when LEs start shipping which is between 6 to 11 weeks away depending on speed they produce games and complete all the CEs. so you are looking at 6+6 weeks at the earlier and 11+11 weeks at the longest. January to May.

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Who are u goin thru?

#959 3 years ago

Anyone have an idea where the “Lights” target is on the SE. Both LE & CE have it on the upper playfield.

#960 3 years ago

Question for those with machines already. Theres a picture or two circulating showing potential playfield clearcoat lifting around posts. Anyone seeing this?

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Question for those with machines already. Theres a picture or two circulating showing potential playfield clearcoat lifting around posts. Anyone seeing this?

Theres a picture posted earlier on this thread....looked like a non issue to me, but I guess time will tell

#962 3 years ago

Dont worry about it... enjoy ur game.

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Headphones jack is a great option!

Ha ha, great point!

It was late, I was tired and I was just excited to play it for the 1st time! so I wasn’t even thinking about that.

#964 3 years ago

What do the black boxes right by the shooter lane do? They say not in this lifetime.....

#965 3 years ago

After realizing that the extra lights in the CE were all under cabinet or behind the cabinet lights the one extra that bothered me not getting in the LE was the extra sound bar. It is a simple add on to the LE with a 3.5mm headphone splitter cable and adding a soundbar with a 3.5mm input. Many soundbar a have way more features and digital assistants that aren’t needed. I picked “Bose TV speaker” for $250 because Bose is good at delivering clear clean audio which although the stock system sounds great , at louder volumes the callouts get distorted. The Bose sound bar had an bass out for their subwoofer. After buying both pieces and hooking them up I believe all the low frequency is routed out of the sound that I patched into which makes sense since it feeds the small cab speakers. I returned the Bose sub and went with a Polk PSW 108 and tapped right off the sub in the cabinet. All the this is above and beyond what anyone needs but I thought I’d share for those that want to turn up the volume a bit louder.
Yes it’s a great game, Rick and Morty is a great game, Turtles is a great game, Avengers is a also great game. 2020 has sucked but Pinball has been a bright light in this shitty year. Can we not tear down other titles, this one stands on its own. G n R is unique and fun but it isn’t going to devalue other games. Variety is key and this game is the most approachable game I’ve ever seen. A novice will enjoy it immensely and great players will most likely be able to play an entire album or more but JJP has finely made a game that’s FUN.

I have a set of black mirror blades coming next.
Can’t wait to see the modders produce with toppers, action button and shooter rod creations.

EB97DB68-8246-40F9-9C16-DD848FD653E3 (resized).jpegEB97DB68-8246-40F9-9C16-DD848FD653E3 (resized).jpegE6FC2545-C491-4DD6-8B55-34B8779D1828 (resized).jpegE6FC2545-C491-4DD6-8B55-34B8779D1828 (resized).jpeg7059FAF8-4731-45D0-A2A3-2855965F99AF (resized).jpeg7059FAF8-4731-45D0-A2A3-2855965F99AF (resized).jpegF7BA7C66-517F-47B6-8C0F-9F9D3648D735 (resized).jpegF7BA7C66-517F-47B6-8C0F-9F9D3648D735 (resized).jpeg4D874846-A83A-4EEE-96AB-4C92EA3390D3 (resized).png4D874846-A83A-4EEE-96AB-4C92EA3390D3 (resized).pngF1E5CE10-DB99-48D5-9C24-6E774C50577D (resized).jpegF1E5CE10-DB99-48D5-9C24-6E774C50577D (resized).jpeg0E21C0BF-8176-4A76-AE57-C7D50E2DF116 (resized).jpeg0E21C0BF-8176-4A76-AE57-C7D50E2DF116 (resized).jpegBF04B65C-E19A-436C-B595-86AA88FD61C2 (resized).jpegBF04B65C-E19A-436C-B595-86AA88FD61C2 (resized).jpeg
#966 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Anyone have an idea where the “Lights” target is on the SE. Both LE & CE have it on the upper playfield.

I believe hitting the left ramp spots lights on the SE.

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What do the black boxes right by the shooter lane do? They say not in this lifetime.....

That's a diverter. Instead of the ball feeding the inlane, it will take a different path, roll up the right orbit lane, and back down to the upper flipper.

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jack shit, no they cover a diverter

#969 3 years ago
8E1A76FC-C18A-48A2-A2C6-0A54F9C7F2F0 (resized).jpeg8E1A76FC-C18A-48A2-A2C6-0A54F9C7F2F0 (resized).jpeg
#970 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

After realizing that the extra lights in the CE were all under cabinet or behind the cabinet lights the one extra that bothered me not getting in the LE was the extra sound bar. It is a simple add on to the LE with a 3.5mm headphone splitter cable and adding a soundbar with a 3.5mm input. Many soundbar a have way more features and digital assistants that aren’t needed. I picked “Bose TV speaker” for $250 because Bose is good at delivering clear clean audio which although the stock system sounds great , at louder volumes the callouts get distorted. The Bose sound bar had an bass out for their subwoofer. After buying both pieces and hooking them up I believe all the low frequency is routed out of the sound that I patched into which makes sense since it feeds the small cab speakers. I returned the Bose sub and went with a Polk PSW 108 and tapped right off the sub in the cabinet. All the this is above and beyond what anyone needs but I thought I’d share for those that want to turn up the volume a bit louder.
Yes it’s a great game, Rick and Morty is a great game, Turtles is a great game, Avengers is a also great game. 2020 has sucked but Pinball has been a bright light in this shitty year. Can we not tear down other titles, this one stands on its own. G n R is unique and fun but it isn’t going to devalue other games. Variety is key and this game is the most approachable game I’ve ever seen. A novice will enjoy it immensely and great players will most likely be able to play an entire album or more but JJP has finely made a game that’s FUN.
Can’t wait to see the modders produce with toppers, action button and shooter rod creations.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love your attitude. 2020 is a great year for pinball! Thanks for sharing your audio upgrades.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome...is there enough room to install mirrored game blades? The last several JJP's I've purchased there isn't enough room between the play field and side.

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks awesome...is there enough room to install mirrored game blades? The last several JJP's I've purchased there isn't enough room between the play field and side.

Same question I asked yesterday. I believe not enough room. Artblades like on the CE might be an option

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Same question I asked yesterday. I believe not enough room. Artblades like on the CE might be an option

I will let you know as I plan on installing mirrors for it asap. I rather not do art considering the PF is so colorful but we'll see.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Anybody order from a distributor today? Wondering what timing is looking like for deliveries now. Gotta save up a bit more but want to get in line. Need a few months. Wondering if they are weeks or months out at this point.

Ordered one on October 7th (also coming to Ottawa). Tried ordering from Nitro this time (have ordered from P1 twice in the past).
I’ll let you know but was told “about 3-4 weeks” by Tommy when I ordered. We’ll see if that holds up... My guess is that it might not be until Christmas but I hope I’m wrong!

#975 3 years ago

Thanks!

Sick setup with the bluetooth btw. Although it's overkill, I might do the same for mine.

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sick setup with the bluetooth btw. Although it's overkill, I might do the same for mine.

I believe he’s wired, not Bluetooth.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I believe he’s wired, not Bluetooth.

yep - meant to say wired....

#978 3 years ago

I tried to use the Bluetooth and it was glitchy. It actually reset the entire game once and when you switch to Bluetooth headphones, sound bar, etc it stops signal to the machine speakers.

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I will let you know as I plan on installing mirrors for it asap. I rather not do art considering the PF is so colorful but we'll see.

I hope u can, but DI, POTC, Wonka were a serious no go on mirrored game blades. The only JJP game that had room was Hobbit. The artwork on the other games was a challenge. Especially on POTC and Wonka

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hope u can, but DI, POTC, Wonka were a serious no go on mirrored game blades. The only JJP game that had room was Hobbit. The artwork on the other games was a challenge. Especially on POTC and Wonka

I helped install art blades on my friends Pirates and it wasn’t to bad.

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:I helped install art blades on my friends Pirates and it wasn’t to bad.

Easy to install....not easy to keep from getting damaged when u lift the play field up and down. The plastic game blade protectors are a must have. My point is its really tight on those games. I really like the look of the mirrored game blades, but they were way too thick to work.

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

CE here. Nice work! Looks awesome and Altoona!! I’m from State College!

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dude, mirrors and you might have seizures...or soiled pants!

#984 3 years ago

No doubt JJP games are tight but i was able to install DI and POTC. Mirror covers when lifting are a must - agreed.

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Easy to install....not easy to keep from getting damaged when u lift the play field up and down. The plastic game blade protectors are a must have. My point is its really tight on those games. I really like the look of the mirrored game blades, but they were way too thick to work.

I agree with the plastic blade protectors. They are a must to have if you are using art blades and lifting the playfield. I want to install art blades in my DILE. Wonder if that will go in easy?

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree with the plastic blade protectors. They are a must to have if you are using art blades and lifting the playfield. I want to install art blades in my DILE. Wonder if that will go in easy?

Art blades are easy and typically work fine. Unfortunately on my DI, POTC, and Wonka there wasn't enough room for mirrored game blades as their quite a bit thicker..

#987 3 years ago

pinball_keefer thanks for the tip re: my "chatty Frank" problem. Top right orbit roll-over switch was bent/stuck so it was *almost* closed. Any vibration was making it detect a hit.

Had my first two real issues today. First was a relatively easy fix. Second one I'm going to need pinball_keefer help with.

The easy fix (in case others want to do some preventative maintenance): the right flipper's housing bolts worked themselves completely free. Right flipper became stuck in raised position during a game; when I opened the hood was greeted to the coil dropping to the bottom of the cabinet. I could only find one lock washer; maybe it was assembled with just one lock and the shipping/rocking gameplay worked them both loose? QC issue on early run? Not sure. But: reset the flipper bracket, tightened the rest of the coils (two others were also loose!), and all good.

The not-so-easy fix: my left spotlight has lost its up and down motion. It was sagging during gameplay compared to the right one (and: v. noticeable as their coordinated movement is part of the "wow" factor). During the device test it will only move side to side (right to left). Checked the wiring on the Servo and the mechanical arm that is hooked to the spotlight; nothing obviously wrong. Any ideas? Not looking forward to replacing the motor as that bracket does not look especially accessible.

No worries; comes with the "early adopter" territory. But: would love to get her up to full glory sometime soon. Will call JJP support during working hours tomorrow and hopefully get a replacement part heading my way.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Awesome feedback and write up thank you. I am looking to only add the upper soundbar do you think it adds enough improvement without the sub?

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Awesome feedback and write up thank you. I am looking to only add the upper soundbar do you think it adds enough improvement without the sub?

Sub is always necessary. Can't go without the sub!

#990 3 years ago

Polk 10 subwoofer is $109 on amazon. Down from $129. Grab it while you can! I use this sub on all my newer pins. As do many of you!

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sub is always necessary. Can't go without the sub!

If you tap off an add on sub, can you adjust the crossover on JJP audio settings so that your only feeding it the lows 80hz and below...or are you doing a tap off the cab sub and essentially running a dual sub setup? Thanks

#992 3 years ago

When you lock 6 balls it’s very satisfying.

F93E2068-91B4-4D4F-9461-3713B39FF4F2 (resized).jpegF93E2068-91B4-4D4F-9461-3713B39FF4F2 (resized).jpeg
#993 3 years ago

For those using an external Sub. I pulled the sub off my Metallica with the board that was used to plug the sub cord straight in to. Is this the same case here? Can I just plug the board into the machine and then the sub into?

#994 3 years ago

On a music pin like gnr why cant jjp just include an external sub hook up.....makes sense huh. ?

#995 3 years ago

The soundbar is not as noticeable as the external subwoofer and I’m not confident that most would find value in it. Especially if your not playing at higher volumes, it helps more with clarity of the callouts and differentiates all the pinball sounds better from the music. That taps off the 3.5mm splitter that I installed in the top right corner of the back box.
The external sub adds more depth and is instantly noticed at any volume. I just tap right onto the sub in the cab with some alligator clips. A guy sells a $10 cord if you want to make it really easy.

I’ll say this again, the stock speakers do sound great, this isn’t necessary. It’s to take the sound from a 8.5 out of 10 to a 9.5.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1176-gweem-s-mods/02289-10-ft-external-subwoofer-cable

9F9D2EF0-5277-4534-B81A-2CC728394447 (resized).png9F9D2EF0-5277-4534-B81A-2CC728394447 (resized).png
#996 3 years ago

There's a GnR on reddit with mirror blades. They look great. I'd like to see printed mirror blades; https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/j85iys/gnr_le_248_tilt_pinball_bar/

Shrunken image from the source;

GnrMB.jpgGnrMB.jpg
#997 3 years ago

Is the CE topper the only time the GNR FLIPPERS LOGO is used? I haven’t seen it anywhere else on the game or in the different models.

1147C2EE-1A5C-4696-A6C9-EF2BEE7DACF7 (resized).jpeg1147C2EE-1A5C-4696-A6C9-EF2BEE7DACF7 (resized).jpeg
#998 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

There's a GnR on reddit with mirror blades. They look great. I'd like to see printed mirror blades; https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/j85iys/gnr_le_248_tilt_pinball_bar/
Shrunken image from the source;[quoted image]

Looks nice. Stern Mirror Blades will fit these? I'm thinking black mirror only

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Is the CE topper the only time the GNR FLIPPERS LOGO is used? I haven’t seen it anywhere else on the game or in the different models.
[quoted image]

ok found it on the aprons

#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Shrunken image from the source;[quoted image]

Great call... need to order mirrors!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,079 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/20?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.