IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 568.
#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Are these really $10 for 10 post mylar rings?

And includes US shipping. After buying mylar, running the laser all day, packaging each kit, Paypal and CC fees, and postage at best they are .50 cents. Again if you can make them that's Awesome, I sincerely didn't want to! lol Lets hope the OEM's figure this out so I can Proudly cancel that product!

#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So if ford put out cars with faulty airbags you’d blame the airbag supplier?

Yes. I have had to replace a lot of these.

https://thomasjhenrylaw.com/blog/takata-airbag-recall-a-complete-list-of-affected-vehicles/

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

It appears The Mod Couple don't ship to Australia - at least that's what it's telling me when I'm trying to checkout on their store. I'm hoping PinMonk has some of these coming??

I will look into this but unfortunately we can't do free shipping to Australia as that costs more then the parts x2.

Edit: We added them to the Pinside Market Place for out of country.

#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So if ford put out cars with faulty airbags you’d blame the airbag supplier?
NASA wasn’t responsible for the challenger explosion either right, it was the o ring manufacturers fault.

The answer to your first question is yes…we blamed the airbag supplier.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/takata-recall-spotlight

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

It appears The Mod Couple don't ship to Australia - at least that's what it's telling me when I'm trying to checkout on their store. I'm hoping PinMonk has some of these coming??

Can you use a freight forwarder? I use them all of the time to get stuff sent to the UAE.

#10356 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Yeah, they're in the pinmonk.com store with international shipping, but I'm out of L until Tues/Wed next week. If you're only interested in the rings, I'll have to look into an envelope rate, though.

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

This is what you want. Nino is a great guy and pinball people.

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/clear-petg-fender-washers-3-4-7-8-1/

You could cut your own out of mylar with a set of gasket stamps. Sing out of you want to go that way and i'll send you some mylar to do it. A brother from another mother in the states sent it to me for nothing so i'm happy to keep paying it forward.

#10358 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I have to give a LOUD RINGING endorsement to PinMonk and the Tibetan Breeze Kit for GnR.
First off the packaging and instructions.
Love the quality and care - true pro stuff right here. Funny, clever, and well thought out instructions with illustrations
Install time - everything fit perfectly and install was a breeze (no pun)- literally 20 minutes
Sound, virtually undetectable with glass on and lock bar secure.
Now for the best part:
They are a game changer....and by this I mean...you can't play GnR without them after you try them once.
They allow you to keep your flipper performance at a constant throughout play. Not only strength, but the ability to string together combos, backhands, and shots, impossible through normal progression in the game without the fan kit due to flipper fade.
They are worth every penny and they should be the first mod you install on your machine...followed a close second by the Pinwoofer JJP Super kit
A++++++++++

Thanks much for the compliments. It's been a long road to getting this jjGnR Tibetan Breeze kit done, and I burned out a few testers in the process, but we made it. I'm also *almost* caught up on shipping out the backorders for these. I was shooting for tomorrow, but it will probably be Tues (Monday's a holiday).

A toast to your new high scores!

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not so.. I installed a cliffy on my GOTG and torqued it too much. Rookie mistake. It pooled a little. Anything laid on top of something else can separate.

Delaminate vs ‘pooled a little’ - bit of a difference perhaps and open to interpretation. On my Tron LE which I consider normal playfield I have indentation rings when I remove torqued down posts - these are normal but may be considered pool areas to some.
Maybe your GOTG has thicker clear finish than my Tron causing some pooling when loaded with extra torque.
There’s something else going on with GnR - it’s an adhesion issue so we cannot just blame the posts being overly tightened, that’s just nonsense.

#10360 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I have to give a LOUD RINGING endorsement to PinMonk and the Tibetan Breeze Kit for GnR.
First off the packaging and instructions.
Love the quality and care - true pro stuff right here. Funny, clever, and well thought out instructions with illustrations
Install time - everything fit perfectly and install was a breeze (no pun)- literally 20 minutes
Sound, virtually undetectable with glass on and lock bar secure.
Now for the best part:
They are a game changer....and by this I mean...you can't play GnR without them after you try them once.
They allow you to keep your flipper performance at a constant throughout play. Not only strength, but the ability to string together combos, backhands, and shots, impossible through normal progression in the game without the fan kit due to flipper fade.
They are worth every penny and they should be the first mod you install on your machine...followed a close second by the Pinwoofer JJP Super kit
A++++++++++

Is there any source to have an idea how they are installed? I found nothing on YouTube nor on the PinkMonk Website. Is there a picture of the installation guide? There are holes in the plastic fan guides, do you screw them in the wood?

#10361 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Is there any source to have an idea how they are installed? I found nothing on YouTube nor on the PinkMonk Website. Is there a picture of the installation guide? There are holes in the plastic fan guides, do you screw them in the wood?

Here's a reduced-size version of the first half of the instructions. Should give you a good idea. The brackets are different than the product pictures. I've re-designed then and haven't changed the pictures yet.
Cooling-Kit-JJP version 1.5 3 Flippers-6-panel- NEW-sml (resized).jpgCooling-Kit-JJP version 1.5 3 Flippers-6-panel- NEW-sml (resized).jpg

#10362 2 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

Looks good!
Been working on some cab lighting myself. Started under cabinet first. Need to install the head next.

That looks totally awesome , like fooflighter said would love to know how you did it .

#10363 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's a reduced-size version of the first half of the instructions. Should give you a good idea. The brackets are different than the product pictures. I've re-designed then and haven't changed the pictures yet.
[quoted image]

Thank you very much, that is very helpful!

#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Are these really $10 for 10 post mylar rings?

EK Tools Circle Punch, 0.75-Inch, New Package https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0090JVBP0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_X23SKZM83XTPNH00PB1R

Swingline 1 Hole Punch, Single Hole Puncher, 5 Sheet Capacity, Classic Office Paper Punch for Craft Paper, DIY Crafts, Perfect for Home Office School Supplies, Chrome (74005) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IBK9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_02SR7EERBBSZ1WXQ8ZK6

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, alignment looks way off, sorry I can't help with pics atm, still waiting for my game. You may want to check/replace your balls ? Pf looking scuffed up, should polish out.

We only have about 40 plays on it .lI did put new titan pinballs in last night .I keep my pins clean but 40 plays?

#10367 2 years ago

Have you guys noticed that the JJP washers have ridges under them? I wonder if the theory is that they jam into the play field to “trap” the paint/clear and prevent it from pooling outward? They definitely leave a noticeable imprint on the play field. I wonder if we are better off putting these on every post? Any idea where these can be purchased?

On the other hand, I’ve had Mylar and the flat petg washers on all my posts and haven’t seen any issues after 500+ plays

#10368 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the menu you can calibrate them.
LTG : )

Auto calibration fixed it thank you! Great software.

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Have you guys noticed that the JJP washers have ridges under them? I wonder if the theory is that they jam into the play field to “trap” the paint/clear and prevent it from pooling outward? They definitely leave a noticeable imprint on the play field. I wonder if we are better off putting these on every post? Any idea where these can be purchased?
On the other hand, I’ve had Mylar and the flat petg washers on all my posts and haven’t seen any issues after 500+ plays

26716287-05F7-484B-93EC-79A85A4E3141 (resized).jpeg26716287-05F7-484B-93EC-79A85A4E3141 (resized).jpeg
#10370 2 years ago

hey, guys. i just grabbed an SE thursday. can someone explain the skill shot, please?

#10371 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

hey, guys. i just grabbed an SE thursday. can someone explain the skill shot, please?

Simple: Get as high up as you can without hitting the back target.

Super Skill Shot: Get only as high as the lit circle without crossing it.

#10372 2 years ago

ok, i was on the right track then. thanks, buddy.

#10373 2 years ago

Anyone know where the “special” is?

#10374 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone know where the “special” is?

AFAIK to collect special you must collect the patch for it. I don't think there is a specific shot for it.

#10375 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

AFAIK to collect special you must collect the patch for it. I don't think there is a specific shot for it.

Gotcha. I thought that patch was to light special, but couldn’t figure out what shot was lit

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10377 2 years ago

So the GNR patch lights special. This patch isn’t available to start the game. You must unlock it. Not sure how, but I assume it appears after you collect enough letters to spell Guns N’ Roses but I could be wrong.

In settings, I made it so you get an extra ball when you collect the special.

I collected the patch but no indication that special was lit and I did not get an automatic extra ball, nor was the extra ball lit. Anyone have any ideas? Code 1.21

#10378 2 years ago

Hoping for a code update soon to take care of desert demolition or maybe if it can be disabled so it doesn’t come up.

#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hoping for a code update soon to take care of desert demolition or maybe if it can be disabled so it doesn’t come up.

If you hold the action button when scoop is lit to start the mode it will disable it

#10380 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If you hold the action button when scoop is lit to start the mode it will disable it

Huh! Just Desert Demolition or any mode?

#10381 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Any of the album modes.

#10382 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thx. How do you know desert demo is the mode that’s lit? I never paid much attention, is it on the screen or playfield somewhere?

#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Any mode

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. How do you know desert demo is the mode that’s lit? I never paid much attention, is it on the screen or playfield somewhere?

The album I think is flashing that corresponds to desert demo. Not sure which album it is

#10385 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s the Use Your Illusion 1 light, the center will be blinking yellow and orange and the mini display says Desert Demolition shoot center scoop IIRC.

#10386 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Dang. I didn't know that. When mode is lit, I would just try and avoid the scoop and lock six balls for next song.

#10387 2 years ago

#10388 2 years ago

I’m getting a big ball hang up at the top of the right ramp where it meets the drum sticks, right under the gate. Anyone else seen this and have a fix? Everything seems right.

Dude I will have to try this! Thanks.

#10389 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’m getting a big ball hang up at the top of the right ramp where it meets the drum sticks, right under the gate. Anyone else seen this and have a fix? Everything seems right.

Dude I will have to try this! Thanks.

You can bend the gate out so it does not hang. Bend it closer to the drum stick if it’s the hang up I am thinking about.

#10390 2 years ago

I am struggling to get mode song values in the 100’s and that is key to getting big points in the song modes from my understanding. Anyone know what drives that value the most? I want to focus on that set up as I approach collecting all the band members.

I usually try to max all the multi balls. I usually don’t achieve this. I struggle with the under the flipper shot so I skip crowd multi ball sometimes. I also try to lock as many balls as possible before going into the song mode.

Is there a significant benefit to starting a strong mode by locking the 6th ball vs focusing on maximizing the multi balls.

Trying to come up with a strategy to get as close too or over 100 for song value with the least amount of risk.

#10391 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

You can bend the gate out so it does not hang. Bend it closer to the drum stick if it’s the hang up I am thinking about.

I’ll get a pic if it happens again, and give that a try, thanks.

#10392 2 years ago

I wrote to the CEO Brett and Jack about the playfield problem. I don't expect a reply and if they don't reply in a week or so I'm probably going to sell the game which is a shame. They have both read the email.

---------------------
Subject: Current JJP GNR Playfield Situation.
Hello all,
My name is Neil McRae I’m based in the UK and I love pinball.

Firstly congrats on a great game, GNR is fantastic, I’d also especially call out the online capability which is making a huge difference particularly through the pandemic. Well done but…

In the dark and distant past I used to be the guy who got these emails from the CEO about important customers emailing and I was tasked to resolve them so I don’t send this email lightly.

However, as you know many people (and I’m a math and stats geek so probability and likelihood is my thing) are having terrible issues with their GNR playfield. I’m one of them on my LE; supplied by Pinball Heaven here in the UK. (Phil does a fantastic job for you guys here). This has been an ongoing issue at JJP for years it would appear. I borrowed a Wonka from Phil and it had the same problem and frankly put me off buying another JJP game I’m afraid to say, my good friend who is one of your biggest evangelists and owns every CE game you have made; he had the same issue with both his Pirates and Wonka.
However, both you and Mirco Playfields both stated that you were very bullish that this problem was resolved and I believed you because I’m a great believer that people always want to do their best and you guys nor Mirco don’t want to ship awful playfields. So I ordered GNR LE, but cards on the table guys (it’s that math geek in me I’m afraid)-> I wasn’t fully convinced you had solved this problem and I set my expectation low.

Starting to see the issues on GNR reported on Facebook and Pinside and I paid particular attention to my game checking everything was as how it arrived. (BTW I even streamed the delivery (first in the UK!) and unboxing and many of your excellent development guys joined it! It was awesome!) Then a few weeks later a friend who took delivery at the same time in the UK emailed with some pictures that made my heart sink. He had the chipping problem. I didn’t see this on my game but I don’t play so often – a few weeks later, same problem starts to appear on my game. I’ve reported it to Phil and he has reported it to you and I was asked to check the tightness of the posts which ~are~ tight and how they came from the factory. We have heard nothing since.

I’ve seen you guys on stage, in Chicago and in Texas, and I totally get the passion and love you put into your games – these issues aren’t the JJP brand you want to have, but nonetheless they are here and they are real and (again math geek) more likely than we would all like.

I would kindly like to ask what your intentions are to solve these problems? the entire pinball world wants to hear that you have solved it.

GNR has been massive for you unfortunately the sweetness of that is being taken away by the bitterness of the quality of the playfield. Irrespective of what happens to me personally in this issue I hope you solve it properly and permanently and I wish you success. I look forward to hearing what your intentions are.

Thanks,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae – Alive and Kicking.
[email protected]
Are you the next in line?

#10393 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I wrote to the CEO Brett and Jack about the playfield problem. I don't expect a reply and if they don't reply in a week or so I'm probably going to sell the game which is a shame. They have both read the email.
---------------------
Hello all,
Firstly congrats on a great game, GNR is fantastic, I’d also especially call out the online capability which is making a huge difference particularly through the pandemic. Well done but…
In the dark and distant past I used to be the guy who got these emails from the CEO about important customers emailing and I was tasked to resolve them so I don’t send this email lightly.
However, as you know many people (and I’m a math and stats geek so probability and likelihood is my thing) are having terrible issues with their GNR playfield. I’m one of them on my LE; supplied by Pinball Heaven here in the UK. (Phil does a fantastic job for you guys here). This has been an ongoing issue at JJP for years it would appear. I borrowed a Wonka from Phil and it had the same problem and frankly put me off buying another JJP game I’m afraid to say, my good friend who is one of your biggest evangelists and owns every CE game you have made; he had the same issue with both his Pirates and Wonka.
However, both you and Mirco Playfields both stated that you were very bullish that this problem was resolved and I believed you because I’m a great believer that people always want to do their best and you guys nor Mirco don’t want to ship awful playfields. So I ordered GNR LE, but cards on the table guys (it’s that math geek in me I’m afraid)-> I wasn’t fully convinced you had solved this problem and I set my expectation low.
Starting to see the issues on GNR reported on Facebook and Pinside and I paid particular attention to my game checking everything was as how it arrived. (BTW I even streamed the delivery (first in the UK!) and unboxing and many of your excellent development guys joined it! It was awesome!) Then a few weeks later a friend who took delivery at the same time in the UK emailed with some pictures that made my heart sink. He had the chipping problem. I didn’t see this on my game but I don’t play so often – a few weeks later, same problem starts to appear on my game. I’ve reported it to Phil and he has reported it to you and I was asked to check the tightness of the posts which ~are~ tight and how they came from the factory. We have heard nothing since.
I’ve seen you guys on stage, in Chicago and in Texas, and I totally get the passion and love you put into your games – these issues aren’t the JJP brand you want to have, but nonetheless they are here and they are real and (again math geek) more likely than we would all like.
I would kindly like to ask what your intentions are to solve these problems? the entire pinball world wants to hear that you have solved it.
GNR has been massive for you unfortunately the sweetness of that is being taken away by the bitterness of the quality of the playfield. Irrespective of what happens to me personally in this issue I hope you solve it properly and permanently and I wish you success. I look forward to hearing what your intentions are.
Thanks,
Neil.
--
[email protected]

What are you hoping they do?

#10394 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wow. So glad to get this clarified. We kept trying to hold the button down after the ball went into the scoop to start the mode as that made the most sense.
Glad there is at least a way because Desert Demo is useless until it gets programmed.

#10395 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. So glad to get this clarified. We kept trying to hold the button down after the ball went into the scoop to start the mode as that made the most sense.
Glad there is at least a way because Desert Demo is useless until it gets programmed.

You’d still need to play it to get to Not In This Lifetime right (assuming it’s there already, lol)?

#10396 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

---------------------
Hello all,
Thanks,
Neil.
--
[email protected]

Well said! Professional and to the point without hostility. I sincerely hope you get a response and would advise Anyone that has issues do the same. The forum is a great place to vent but this direct approach is the best way. Well done man, hope you get a response.

#10397 2 years ago

So what is the solution for people who have the PF issue?

What should we reasonably expect JJP to do if we have some chipping/delamination around a few posts?

Supposedly they offer to buy your game back, but the details make this such a pain that very few people will ever actually go that route.

A new unpopulated PF? How is this a solution if it's still a Mirco PF with the same issues?

It sure seems that something other than adding a washer under the posts needs to be done. I'm just not sure what it is.

#10398 2 years ago

Populated pf is the solution imo if it’s significant around more than one or two posts. That’s assuming they know what the issue is and the populated playfield has no issues.

#10399 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So what is the solution for people who have the PF issue?
What should we reasonably expect JJP to do if we have some chipping/delamination around a few posts?
Supposedly they offer to buy your game back, but the details make this such a pain that very few people will ever actually go that route.
A new unpopulated PF? How is this a solution if it's still a Mirco PF with the same issues?
It sure seems that something other than adding a washer under the posts needs to be done. I'm just not sure what it is.

Tough answer not knowing the margins or how many future sales will be lost.

Just a Guess of options
1 Populated playfield for those with Multiple issues unrepairable or not able to hide.
2 Spare playfield that is Known to be corrected
3 Buyback
4 15% discount on next purchase. Yeah not a go to but I suspect some would be willing to hide the pooling for a discount Assuming the issue is resolved! (IE let the next game and buyers pay for the issue by bumping the price a few hundred.)
5 Stay silent and quickly loose customers and see charge backs mount out of control.

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

---------------------
Hello all,
Thanks,
Neil.
--
[email protected]

Well, I am curious to see how fast will they get back to you and what will they say.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.