IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,352 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 568.
#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Cliffy scoop protector requires a bit of trimming to get fit properly in order to avoid the upright ball coil locks... Maybe they have a new cut on the play field I'm not sure but there was definite metal on metal rubbing I just used the Dremel and a light touch marked what I needed to cut both pieces needed filing...
Here's some before and afters
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I may be dense, but... which protector are you using, ie where to find it ?

On Cliffy page it's stated as "WIP"

#10252 2 years ago

Just email Cliff, and he will send you an invoice. Be patient, he is 4 weeks back on these protectors !

#10253 2 years ago

Well waiting on my spotlight RMA to come in I decided to go with a 3D printed replacement from Xometry.com since I don't have a 3D printer handy (yet )

Hopefully these hold up.

Thanks to Agima2000 for the Revised 3D print files.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563/files

I did these using ASA filament using an FDM 3D print method (disclosure, I know nothing about 3D printing but agima's sample was made with this FDM method according to the .stl file page...I chose ASA as it seemed pretty tough and my light research showed it to have a high mechanical and environmental resistance..but if I break these easily...I might get some PLA ones

I filed them with an emory board (very lightly) to smooth them out and make them glide...and applied some Lithium grease to the inside of the linkage

They look like a more rigid version of the JJP ones at the center bracket piece is in line with the edge instead of floating in the middle of the arm

You can see the broken one also...all 3 of mine from JJP broke in the same spot
20210527_115735 (resized).jpg20210527_115735 (resized).jpg20210527_115755 (resized).jpg20210527_115755 (resized).jpg20210527_115831 (resized).jpg20210527_115831 (resized).jpg20210527_115838 (resized).jpg20210527_115838 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-05-23 213220 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-05-23 213220 (resized).jpg

#10254 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I may be dense, but... which protector are you using, ie where to find it ?
On Cliffy page it's stated as "WIP"

3rd one down on this page

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Cliffy works through email/paypal

#10255 2 years ago

#10256 2 years ago

...and Success ...Spotlights working again!!!!!!

#10257 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

...and Success ...Spotlights working again!!!!!!

Well done! Between the servos (easy to get) and the control arms (apparently easy to print) we are able to keep these things happy for years to come.

#10258 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well done! Between the servos (easy to get) and the control arms (apparently easy to print) we are able to keep these things happy for years to come.

I ordered 4 ES3054 just in case

#10259 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I see your point. But it’s $1000 vs. $10000 out of my pocket for the gamble. Just not willing to stomach that. Know when to hold them, know when to fold them, and know when to run...as a wise man said.

For what its worth, I have a ton of playfield issues but I still love the damn game and I am happy to have it. I would keep the game if I was you, its a great pin and plays like nothing I ever played before. Its really addicting.

#10260 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep, it was pretty simple. Thanks for the advice in centering the servos up with the Test function. Worked like a charm! This is a fix I don't mind doing at all now that I know I can get parts pretty easily! Just like anything else in pinball that wears out.

#10261 2 years ago

i will Second the "you will be sorry if you sell it or do not get it "Comment

Even with The PF issues i would not part with this game at all. It has another play vibe at every end of game i play / Just one more .just one more / The game is on a level all its own with integration.
Aside from MEtPremium ,STTNG , I have never Pumped /Promoted a title as much as i have with GNR / It actually may be the Best Pinball machine on Earth in my opinion .

Quoted from Gambeno:

For what its worth, I have a ton of playfield issues but I still love the damn game and I am happy to have it. I would keep the game if I was you, its a great pin and plays like nothing I ever played before. Its really addicting.

#10262 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i will Second the "you will be sorry if you sell it or do not get it "Comment
Even with The PF issues i would not part with this game at all. It has another play vibe at every end of game i play / Just one more .just one more / The game is on a level all its own with integration.
Aside from MEtPremium ,STTNG , I have never Pumped /Promoted a title as much as i have with GNR / It actually may be the Best Pinball machine on Earth in my opinion .

It really is the best. I haven’t had this much fun playing a pin in years.

The rules are different than any other music game and deep yet still totally understandable.

The songs are the stars of the show as opposed to just window dressing.

And of course the light show is supreme.

#10263 2 years ago

All your positive feedback is good !! By dint of looking at the wires on the playfield problem I was starting to get depressed for having ordered my GNR LE !! And you know what I found the solution: I don't look at them anymore !! I can't wait to have this game

#10264 2 years ago

My enthusiasm has deflated. I’ve had the game 6+ months and I went for nearly a month or more issue free. I was in the driver seat, loving this pin, still playing more than my others (Ended up selling IMDN the other week). But, then I got hit with the double whammy. Spotlight out (appears to be a servo - arm is in tact). While investigating the servo, I saw my playfield chipped at the GNR inlane post.

I haven’t played GNR in nearly 2 weeks. For some reason JJP still hasn’t sent out my replacement servo nor washers. They’ve been super fast on replacements up until this point - they’ve shipped me Flipper Pawls, coil sleeves, magnet, spring, wire harness, etc... all at a rapid pace (days). Now...nothing. Was hoping to have my game up and running for the 3-day weekend. Took action into my own hands to protect the pf and ordered the washers recommended here from pbl last weekend and Hope they get here today or tomorrow.

My distributor has been great. We discussed even selling the game back, but in the end, I’m going to stick this one out and try to get my game back to 100%. I have a replacement magnet I’m going to tackle this weekend, hopefully add washers and Mylar to chipped post and protect other posts. That just leaves the spotlight.

In any case, sorry for the rant but it is needed to lighten the load. Pinball, in general, relieves stress for me; not causes it (until now). So hopefully I’ll be back in the driver seat again.

#10265 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

3rd one down on this page
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
Cliffy works through email/paypal

OK thanks, since it was marked as WIP and not "DONE", I assumed it was not ready

Regards

#10266 2 years ago

Has anybody tried the titan silicone washers instead? Curious if the soft washer would be better to protect around posts better.

#10267 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Has anybody tried the titan silicone washers instead? Curious if the soft washer would be better to protect around posts better.

They seem to be for star posts and probably would not work well with the smaller posts we need to protect unless you put a 3/4 inch metal washer on top. But now you are lifting the post pretty high even if it will still thread into the t nut. The PETG washers seem like the best approach to me and what I installed. This weekend I will put some Mylar under them too when it arrives.

#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Too much flex, your going to do possible more damage as 1. the post doesn't have a secure stable footing (could change gameplay/bounce) 2. the rubber would only provide cushion at the immediate point of contact and would not distrubute the load as fell as a more rigid washer. I think the clear PETG stikres the balance between to hard (metal) and too soft (rubber)

#10269 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

They seem to be for star posts and probably would not work well with the smaller posts we need to protect unless you put a 3/4 inch metal washer on top. But now you are lifting the post pretty high even if it will still thread into the t nut. The PETG washers seem like the best approach to me and what I installed. This weekend I will put some Mylar under them too when it arrives.

How many of the petg ones did you need?

#10270 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How many of the petg ones did you need?

I think I installed 10 and there are a few more I will install. My machine came with black washers on the slings.

#10271 2 years ago

I would swap at least my lower sling posts for star posts w/rubber washers... those metal posts did a job on my PF.

Honestly I think the star posts actually look better in those spots and have no idea why manufactures went away from that?

#10272 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I would swap at least my lower sling posts for star posts w/rubber washers... those metal posts did a job on my PF.
Honestly I think the star posts actually look better in those spots and have no idea why manufactures went away from that?

Pictures?

#10273 2 years ago

Star posts are not better. I’ve seen Wonka and POTC with the same issues with star posts.

#10274 2 years ago

If I may be allowed, a moment of celebration amongst playfieldgate, my LE machine is to be delivered this week. May it be blessed with diamondcoathian durability. For ever and ever, huzzah.
giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

If I may be allowed, a moment of celebration amongst playfieldgate, my LE machine is to be delivered this week. May it be blessed with diamoncoathian durability. For ever and ever, huzzah.
[quoted image]

you are in for a treat. this playfield issue thing is a shit-show without question but that doesn't negate the fact that this game from an overall design, implementation, theme integration and technology perspective is an absolute gamechanger and new paradigm we may not see again for another decade. Enjoy the moment, friend. Unbox that shit, set it up and enjoy the face melting.

Worst case you become jaded, pissed off, anxiety riddled and can easily sell it for 1000 profit or more...

Again, playfield issues are a mess, this is NOT a good situation for JJP but for owners? hard to beat the fact that even if you have issues, you can sell for profit? how fucked up is the entire pinball market that that is a reality? Its true...

#10276 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star posts are not better. I’ve seen Wonka and POTC with the same issues with star posts.

Plus it moves the sling rubber out further from the kicker which was an issue for many that converted with ball traps.

#10277 2 years ago

If you're getting or have a game with no damage yet, one thing to try would be to take an xacto knife with a new blade and carefully score the playfield right around the base of the post. Cut through the clear and art so any twisting or other movement of the post isn't transferred to the surrounding art.

If you make the cut right against the post you'll never see it. Don't add any washers, and if a small washer is already there just score around it. Goal is to separate the clear under the post from the clear surrounding it.

#10278 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you're getting or have a game with no damage yet, one thing to try would be to take an xacto knife with a new blade and carefully score the playfield right around the base of the post. Cut through the clear and art so any twisting or other movement of the post isn't transferred to the surrounding art.
If you make the cut right against the post you'll never see it. Don't add any washers, and if a small washer is already there just score around it. Goal is to separate the clear under the post from the clear surrounding it.

#10279 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sure you try it, let me know how that works out lol

#10280 2 years ago

You're installing washers anyway, might as well try this first. If you're careful it shouldn't be a big deal. It's going to get messed up no matter what, might as well make the cut yourself rather than let it twist up and lift in a big mess. I'd try it but don't have a GnR.

#10281 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're installing washers anyway, might as well try this first. If you're careful it shouldn't be a big deal. It's going to get messed up no matter what, might as well make the cut yourself rather than let it twist up and lift in a big mess. I'd try it but don't have a GnR.

In the old days before the new leg protectors that lift the legs away from the cabinet this technique was used to prevent cabinet decals from getting wrinkles.

#10282 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

In the old days before the new leg protectors that lift the legs away from the cabinet this technique was used to prevent cabinet decals from getting wrinkles.

#10283 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

There's no way I'd try that , especially before you see a problem .
IF I do get pooing , I'll go with yelobird's method to fix it and move on .
But that doesn't mean we should stop complaining about the issue and let JJP off the hook .
They need to fix this for once and for all .

#10284 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There's no way I'd try that , especially before you see a problem.

Exactly Scream, I’m close to 2,000 games x 5 balls (=10,000 balls played, "0" issues)…
Scream, you and Chaka, both of your LE’s are going to be two of those with "0" issues as well mate! Period!

#10285 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Exactly Scream, I’m close to 2,000 games x 5 balls (=10,000 balls played, "0" issues)…
Scream, you and Chaka, both of your LE’s are going to be two of those with "0" issues as well mate! Period!

Thanks mate , great to hear you've got no problems . I'll say that diamond coat spell as well , just to be safe
Are you getting deep into the game , have you seen The Wizard mode yet ?
I wish I had my game we've just gone back into lockdown again

#10286 2 years ago

Another thing if you have a game with lots of plays and zero issues: contact JJP and tell them that, plus your serial number. It might help them track parts and processes and narrow down where the problem is.

#10287 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks mate , great to hear you've got no problems . I'll say that diamond coat spell as well , just to be safe
Are you getting deep into the game , have you seen The Wizard mode yet ?
I wish I had my game we've just gone back into lockdown again

Thanks Scream!

Wizard mode…. Not yet but I will .
Be patient about your game mate, mine was ordered Oct-5th and I got it on mid February, the wait was worth it 100% in my case

#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Be patient about your game mate, mine was ordered Oct-5th and I got it on mid February, the wait was worth it 100% in my case

It's hard , but what's getting me through this is buying bits and pieces while I'm waiting .
I just want to see the 3 toppers to decide which one to get .

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

0B8569D1-88AE-4569-A207-42B65B8D2A92 (resized).jpeg0B8569D1-88AE-4569-A207-42B65B8D2A92 (resized).jpeg
#10290 2 years ago

HAHAHAHA lol!

Quoted from screaminr:

It's hard , but what's getting me through this is buying bits and pieces while I'm waiting .
I just want to see the 3 toppers to decide which one to get .

I want to see them too … the LE is a Masterpiece Scream, the topper must be in the same level mate

#10291 2 years ago

I am a second week LE order (I think Oct 12th?), and I know I will be downvoted by some, but I just looking forward to playing the game. Yeah I know it will probably have wear around some of the posts.

I was one to have chipping around the slings and Tortuga saucer, and took JJP on the "half off" playfield offer. Several weeks after I took that offer, I got a call from Jack, which we talked about other things too, and he then told me "well we are giving a free replacement for people that had issues with the playfields, so we are refunding your payment", and I got the refund. Anyway, I know there is a good chance that this playfield may have chipping issues, but I am just so looking forward to the game . I ordered through FlipNOut, so I assume that is almost ready for delivery, and if it has issues, will just follow the typical path of letting my distro know and then jjp.

I just can't wait to have fun with it. If there are issues with it, I sure hope JJP and Mirco (or cough cough not Mirco?? ) gets it right for future titles.

Anyway, love reading this thread when it is about strategy, mods, fixes in that order.

#10292 2 years ago

lol , you crack me up
If you do have any issues Zach will look after you .

Quoted from pinballj:

I ordered through FlipNOut, so I assume that is almost ready for delivery, and if it has issues, will just follow the typical path of letting my distro know and then jjp.
I just can't wait to have fun with it. If there are issues with it, I sure hope JJP and Mirco (or cough cough not Mirco?? ) gets it right for future titles.
Anyway, love reading this thread when it is about strategy, mods, fixes in that order.

IMG_20210528_202425 (resized).jpgIMG_20210528_202425 (resized).jpg
#10293 2 years ago

I believe the difference in having issues or not is how tight the posts are installed during assembly.

I think their fix was washers but also to not screw down everything so hard.

If someone was really worried about it, I would recommend people loosen posts and either hand tighten or very carefully tighten with a tool.

I wouldn’t do this. You just don’t need to.

Quoted from metallik:

#10294 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think their fix was washers but also to not screw down everything so hard.
If someone was really worried about it, I would recommend people loosen posts and either hand tighten or very carefully tighten with a tool.
I wouldn’t do this. You just don’t need to.

I think you've got a good point , how freaking hard do you screw down the post for the washer the end up looking like this .

IMG_20210523_234652 (resized).jpgIMG_20210523_234652 (resized).jpg
#10295 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:If you're getting or have a game with no damage yet, one thing to try would be to take an xacto knife with a new blade and carefully score the playfield right around the base of the post. Cut through the clear and art so any twisting or other movement of the post isn't transferred to the surrounding art.

Sorry dude. That’s the dumbest post on this thread

#10296 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sorry dude. That’s the dumbest post on this thread

Based on what?

#10297 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I believe the difference in having issues or not is how tight the posts are installed during assembly.

No way. If the art adheres to the wood correctly, you can tighten the post down until it disintegrates, and all that will be left is a white ring on the clear/art where the post damaged it from being over tighten.

Long story short, if the art and clear is applied correctly, this issue shouldn’t even be possible.

#10298 2 years ago

I probably don't have any playfield issues as I have yet to crack $10 million

#10299 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way. If the art adheres to the wood correctly, you can tighten the post down until it disintegrates, and all that will be left is a white ring on the clear/art where the post damaged it from being over tighten.
Long story short, if the art and clear is applied correctly, this issue shouldn’t even be possible.

I agree 100% but if it wasn't screwed as hard maybe you could get away with it . Maybe ?

#10300 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I agree 100% but if it wasn't screwed as hard maybe you could get away with it . Maybe ?

We’re now back to thinking of bandaids. Just fix the issue and you don’t have to worry about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,352 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/206 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.