IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 569.
#10151 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You so punny!
Enjoy the high scores.

I will. I Have been playing for a few hours since installation and allready noticing the difference. Grinning from ear to ear. Also i put the extra connector allready near the divertor once you release that one.

#10152 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I will. I Have been playing for a few hours since installation and allready noticing the difference. Grinning from ear to ear. Also i put the extra connector allready near the divertor once you release that one.

I've got the diverter mocked up here to test the bracket design for that. I wasn't going to do one, because it doesn't really affect a player's game performance. But, there's been a lot of interest and people PMing me for a fix since the high temps it achieves in long sessions (even with the new code) apparently makes distressing hot coil smells?

So I ordered the parts to make the coil bracket setup for it here so I can test fit a fan bracket design and make it an optional add on for those that want it. The fact that there's an extra fan connector in a 3 coil Tibetan Breeze install makes it an easy add.

#10153 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bader and CPR both come to mind. Both are successfully doing non-pooling non chipping/flaking playfields en masse. Bader is even not that far away from the JJP factory.
There are options.

Just for comparison, I have repaired just as many digital printed CPR playfields as I have JJP. Not good either way just sayin they are not a good example. Bader on the other hand look spectacular.

#10154 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just for comparison, I have repaired just as many digital printed CPR playfields as I have JJP. Not good either way just sayin they are not a good example. Bader on the other hand look spectacular.

I hadn't personally experienced or seen issues with CPR playfields doing what JJP and occasionally Sterns have been doing with the pooling and ink adhesion issues.

While engineering this from the grandstands where it's much easier, I agree, and Bader is my first choice for JJP to fix this long-running playfield disaster. I know Jack was burned hard with them on ECLE WoZ, but that PALED compared to the nonsense that Mirco has put JJP and their customers through for the last 3-4 years. They should have been gone 2 years ago. The bonus is Bader isn't very far from the new JJP factory.

Hopefully JJP gives Bader another shot and everyone can calm down.

#10155 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hadn't personally experienced or seen issues with CPR playfields doing what JJP and occasionally Sterns have been doing with the pooling and ink adhesion issues.
While engineering this from the grandstands where it's much easier, I agree, and Bader is my first choice for JJP to fix this long-running playfield disaster. I know Jack was burned hard with them on ECLE WoZ, but that PALED compared to the nonsense that Mirco has put JJP and their customers through for the last 3-4 years. They should have been gone 2 years ago. The bonus is Bader isn't very far from the new JJP factory.
Hopefully JJP gives Bader another shot and everyone can calm down.

My total Guess is that while Bader would be my vote I suspect they would long term face the same issues as Mirco faced. Volume. When Mirco was doing short run playfields (silk screened) they (from what I seen) were pretty darn good. Fast forward JJP and Mirco had to increase volume throughput by 100x and the only solution was to change process (IE digital printing). Seems thats where the issue happened in my view. Could Bader take on this massive volume? No clue. Also a partial Guess why CGC can't/won't do runs for Stern or JJP. They have their own volume to deal with to sustain their business and quality. Just a guess.

#10156 2 years ago

For anyone in Australia looking for (hopefully) solutions.

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/clear-petg-fender-washers-3-4-7-8-1/

DSCF9338[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9338[1] (resized).jpg

#10157 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My total Guess is that while Bader would be my vote I suspect they would long term face the same issues as Mirco faced. Volume. When Mirco was doing short run playfields (silk screened) they (from what I seen) were pretty darn good. Fast forward JJP and Mirco had to increase volume throughput by 100x and the only solution was to change process (IE digital printing). Seems thats where the issue happened in my view. Could Bader take on this massive volume? No clue. Also a partial Guess why CGC can't/won't do runs for Stern or JJP. They have their own volume to deal with to sustain their business and quality. Just a guess.

If volume is the problem, then temporarily use multiple vendors so each can slow things down, I guess. Stern did that for quite a while.

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If volume is the problem, then temporarily use multiple vendors so each can slow things down, I guess. Stern did that for quite a while.

Can't agree more. In most Any trouble shooting exercise the safe bet is to ask "what is the last thing we did". For CPR and Mirco the answer seems to be Digital printing. Fairly common knowledge even to those that just paint a simple fence. The quality of the end product is how you prepare the foundation. The best clear or paint means Nothing with a crap primer or prepared surface.

#10159 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern did that for quite a while.

They still do I believe.

#10160 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They still do I believe.

I thought they were primarily in-house now.

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought they were primarily in-house now.

Only cutting and clearing in house. Using 3 vendors for art and final clear as of Summer 2019 when I was there last.

#10162 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've got the diverter mocked up here to test the bracket design for that. I wasn't going to do one, because it doesn't really affect a player's game performance. But, there's been a lot of interest and people PMing me for a fix since the high temps it achieves in long sessions (even with the new code) apparently makes distressing hot coil smells?
So I ordered the parts to make the coil bracket setup for it here so I can test fit a fan bracket design and make it an optional add on for those that want it. The fact that there's an extra fan connector in a 3 coil Tibetan Breeze install makes it an easy add.

So Excited!!! Sometimes the diverter coil has a burning smell and turns brown, We're in for the diverter fan!! Thanks again for all you do!!

#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

So Excited!!! Sometimes the diverter coil has a burning smell and turns brown, We're in for the diverter fan!! Thanks again for all you do!!

Pretty sure the fans only do the 3 main flippers, not the diverter coils

#10164 2 years ago

Sounds like there’s another issue with their diverter too if it’s burning.

#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

In development, see a couple of posts back.

#10166 2 years ago

Why are you guys adding plastic to your game to stop air balls instead of using the modified target bracket?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm

#10167 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you, i'll see if i can find that in Australia.
Half an hour of google and this is all i can find here.
What size do i need? Anyone else in Aus want some, it's 4' lengths.
https://www.protectawall.com.au/polycarbonate-corner-guards/

28mm should work perfectly. Mine is just over 29mm.

#10168 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Why are you guys adding plastic to your game to stop air balls instead of using the modified target bracket?

I can’t even see the plastic after the install and it covers the entire exit for the air ball exit into the left out lane. I could source the raw materials locally for $3 and it took me 20 minutes to make including getting tools out to closing the last drawer to put them away.

#10169 2 years ago

This game is the same price as a Kia, I doubt many owners are that price sensitive.

Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I can’t even see the plastic after the install and it covers the entire exit for the air ball exit into the left out lane. I could source the raw materials locally for $3 and it took me 20 minutes to make including getting tools out to closing the last drawer to put them away.

#10170 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Maybe because no-one has posted this as a solid solution to the problem as yet?

#10171 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Maybe because no-one has posted this as a solid solution to the problem as yet?

Or maybe people have not been in the hobby long enough to realize that there are already solutions out there?

swinks is a great guy and an Aussie. Reach out to him and I am sure he can show you the way.

#10172 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I designed these brackets for Stern games like GB etc, not sure what the bracket design of a JJP target is

#10173 2 years ago

For those that have installed mirror blades what is the verdict? I mean, mirrors enhance any game and make it look stunning, but I do like the “glow” I get on the black just above the hot rails. Do you get a similar effect with the mirror blades?

#10174 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For those that have installed mirror blades what is the verdict? I mean, mirrors enhance any game and make it look stunning, but I do like the “glow” I get on the black just above the hot rails. Do you get a similar effect with the mirror blades?

Maybe it’s just me but the GNR PF seems really snug in the cab... my game already has some dings and scratches in the sides.

Personally I’m hoping for some sick looking art blades.

#10175 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Or maybe people have not been in the hobby long enough to realize that there are already solutions out there?
swinks is a great guy and an Aussie. Reach out to him and I am sure he can show you the way.

Yes i know Jody is a great guy and i'm already a customer and a fan of his products and have a few of his tee shirts.

Looking forward to his GnR topper collaboration too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10176 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you, i'll see if i can find that in Australia.
Half an hour of google and this is all i can find here.
What size do i need? Anyone else in Aus want some, it's 4' lengths.
https://www.protectawall.com.au/polycarbonate-corner-guards/

punkin im guessing I'll need some when my game eventually arrives. Bunnings doesn't have anything similar?

#10177 2 years ago

After looking at it, I doubt this bracket will work.

Plus there is a rivet to work around.

Quoted from swinks:

I designed these brackets for Stern games like GB etc, not sure what the bracket design of a JJP target is

#10178 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This game is the same price as a Kia, I doubt many owners are that price sensitive.

It’s not about cost. It was about convenience and quickly solving a problem that was driving me and others nuts. Nothing worse than an air ball drain on a good game.

#10179 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

punkin im guessing I'll need some when my game eventually arrives. Bunnings doesn't have anything similar?

No, just in white. I emailed the guys at the place i linked to, it'll be a 4' length if it's not crazy money, there'll be enough to share with many for the cost of postage.

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

After looking at it, I doubt this bracket will work.
Plus there is a rivet to work around.

yeah unless JJP and Stern are using a generic target I am not surprised that it would be different.

what I found is with stern they cheapened out and lowered there target a little and made it vertical and with both these elements then caused airballs. I explain it more on the shapeways listing the approach.

if someone wants me to look into it send me some pictures and I can give my thoughts

#10181 2 years ago

here is a flyer released today for a project I was involved in and Pinball Bazaar will release more when the time is right.

14. JJP (resized).jpg14. JJP (resized).jpg
#10182 2 years ago

Any word on when US distributors may get games flowing again?

#10183 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Correct, They are high quality fans that are a game changer for all three main flippers, But Pin Monk is working on a diverter coil and this is going to be amazing!! CAN'T WAIT!!

#10184 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Correct, They are high quality fans that are a game changer for all three main flippers, But Pin Monk is working on a diverter coil and this is going to be amazing!! CAN'T WAIT!!

Diverter coil fan BRACKET and fan, not a whole new diverter coil. Just to be clear.

#10185 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, just in white. I emailed the guys at the place i linked to, it'll be a 4' length if it's not crazy money, there'll be enough to share with many for the cost of postage.

Good work. I'm in

#10186 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Good work. I'm in

And me. Not that I have my GNR yet, or know if I have this airball problem…

#10187 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is a flyer released today for a project I was involved in and Pinball Bazaar will release more when the time is right.
[quoted image]

Cool news #Swinks!! Can't wait to see what your creative magic comes up with!!!!

#10188 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In development, see a couple of posts back.

Yep I'm a moron which is why I drained it fast - not fast enough apparently lol

#10189 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

That is awesome mate, Congratulations!..

#10190 2 years ago

Wow lots of topper coming for this game. I have heard JJP is releasing, then there's Lior's and now also Pinball Bazaar. Great to see some options. I can't wait to see when they are all released.

#10191 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

For anyone in Australia looking for (hopefully) solutions.
https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/clear-petg-fender-washers-3-4-7-8-1/
[quoted image]

Are they flexible like the plastic on Tupperware .
And why is JJP installing metal washers , a hard surface is not gonna help with a soft clear coat .
If you have any of that ball deflector stuff left put me down for a bit , I'll chuck it on the pile of stuff I've brought for GNR , if this game doesn't rock up , I'm screwed

#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Wow lots of topper coming for this game. I have heard JJP is releasing, then there's Lior's and now also Pinball Bazaar. Great to see some options. I can't wait to see when they are all released.

Yep .
Loir's topper should be great , with lasers and rgb's and interactive with the game but the price will probably be mental .
Pinball bazaar topper , probably in the Middle with some 3d Image's and cool lights .
JJP topper , maybe plexi with lights .
With what I have pictured in my head , I don't think you could go wrong with any of them , just go with whatever suits your budget .

#10193 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Bunnings doesn't have anything similar?

You're making me hungry , I want a sausage

#10194 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll be ordering a diverter fan when they become available. Check out my diverter coil, pretty sure it needs a fan. I got about 250 plays on it. I'm wondering if I should get a spare coil? Is this coil gonna last once I put the fan on it?

IMG_1743 (resized).jpgIMG_1743 (resized).jpg
#10195 2 years ago

are you playing on the beta code? The changes haven't been released in official code release yet but the new beta code has drastically lowered (and added options for adjustment) for coil hold power for the flippers and diverter.

#10196 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

are you playing on the beta code? The changes haven't been released in official code release yet but the new beta code has drastically lowered (and added options for adjustment) for coil hold power for the flippers and diverter.

I'm on 1.22 code. I haven't signed up for the beta code trials yet. Even if the code does help, I'll still be ordering a fan to go with my flipper fans. Overkill, is fine by me on an investment like this.

#10197 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Barry Engler told me in the FB JJP page that code 1.22 addresses the diverter coil overheating. I did a diy diverter coil fan before it was released. Maybe I’ll do some temp testing.

#10198 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

I'll be ordering a diverter fan when they become available. Check out my diverter coil, pretty sure it needs a fan. I got about 250 plays on it. I'm wondering if I should get a spare coil? Is this coil gonna last once I put the fan on it? [quoted image]

Coils can be pretty ugly from heat damage and still work fine. The cooling fans should prevent them from discoloring or swelling for a LONG time. The new code helps quite a bit, but last time it was tested, the diverter still got close to 200F. Better than the ~215F before, but still not great.

#10199 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Loir's topper should be great , with lasers and rgb's and interactive with the game but the price will probably be mental .

2k per K-Man! I’m sure he could sell 250 or so at that price if he wanted to.

#10200 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coils can be pretty ugly from heat damage and still work fine. The cooling fans should prevent them from discoloring or swelling for a LONG time. The new code helps quite a bit, but last time it was tested, the diverter still got close to 200F. Better than the ~215F before, but still not great.

How in the world is a dual-wound flipper coil overheating like that? Are they not cutting the power circuit voltage when switching to hold voltage?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/204?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.