image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 568.
#10101 2 years ago

Some people just love having an axe to grind. Grind it somewhere else! We’re enjoying our games.

#10102 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have to get caught up on orders or the mylar ring and Tibetan Breeze mobs will run out of patience and converge to take head. Hopefully I'll be clear in a week or so.
It seems like that arm would be better as metal with a nylon insert on each end. Can you scan it so I can get an idea of dimensions?

I tried to scan it using an app on my phone, but it didn't work... Do you have a suggested method for scanning.. Sorry, I'm not much help here
Best I can do is show the dimensions that the 3D files that Agima2000 showed when I uploaded the 3dprinter files to a printing site for processing
Screenshot 2021-05-23 213220 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-05-23 213220 (resized).jpg

#10103 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some people just love having an axe to grind. Grind it somewhere else! We’re enjoying our games.

Who is telling you not to enjoy your game?

Axe to grind? We have fucking money down on the game.

#10104 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. "Screw You" you are telling me because I'm not going along with your "Be happy, use washers" vision? Sad and rude. You are acting like everyone should shut up about this issue, use washers, and keep quiet. Anyone delaying their order or cancelling wants a GNR, they like the actual game, but don't want to deal with a major issue such as pooling / chipping in an $8k - $12k+ pinball purchase of all things.

No one cares that you’re cancelling or delaying your order. Go do it in the playfield thread where other outraged lunatics will praise you for it. We are having fun and working with a bad situation as best we can for now. Your negativity isn’t helping.

#10105 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I tried to scan it using an app on my phone, but it didn't work... Do you have a suggested method for scanning.. Sorry, I'm not much help here
Best I can do is show the dimensions that the 3D files that Agima2000 showed when I uploaded the 3dprinter files to a printing site for processing
[quoted image]

Oh, where are the STL files? I can just print them and measure from that.

#10106 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, where are the STL files? I can just print them and measure from that.

Thanks

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563

It looks like it's altered from the original slightly as the circular piece that attached to the light bracket is flush to one side versus centered...giving it strength I would imagine

#10107 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is not entirely true.
While it is true to say that class action lawsuits enrich lawyers (obviously true), it is not true to say that it "only" enriches lawyers, as this minimizes the enormous good that has been accomplished through class action lawsuits, especially with regard to consumer protection.

Every class action lawsuit I’ve ever benefitted from I got a check for like 5 bucks.

I’d rather JJP survive than get five bucks.

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Every class action lawsuit I’ve ever benefitted from I got a check for like 5 bucks.

Not even remotely my point.

#10109 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not even remotely my point.

E3F9FE6B-4E3C-42A7-A766-1A92B176D46F.jpegE3F9FE6B-4E3C-42A7-A766-1A92B176D46F.jpeg
#10110 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How about JJP finally corrects an issue that has plagued their last 3 releases, sends all GNR customers with affected games properly made unpopulated playfields, and continues making awesome games? Then we can finally stop talking about using washers, irons, and hair dryers on our $8k - $12k+ pins.

#10111 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

If you didn’t get it the first time...

#10112 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Apparently it isn't a discussion in your opinion. But see, the way the forum works is that your opinion doesn't mean any more than anyone else. So you can expect many of us to continue to "discuss" our options, regardless of whether you think it's a discussion or not.

Goodo, that means i can continue to grind my point into dust over and over again too. Neither of us will accomplish a fucking thing, but hey, it's the internet.

The only thing that's getting accomplished is by people suggesting and developing ways to repair the damage and proof it before it happens.

You and I are just noise.

#10113 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How about JJP finally corrects an issue that has plagued their last 3 releases, sends all GNR customers with affected games properly made unpopulated playfields, and continues making awesome games? Then we can finally stop talking about using washers, irons, and hair dryers on our $8k - $12k+ pins.

This is a very sound and reasonable request from a guy that constantly sings the praises of JJP. Don’t think he’s negative at all, just trying to get support for 3 games in a row now (going on nearly 4 years unresolved), having same old issues. Panzer is correct, we should not have to use washers, irons and hair dryers on new priced CEs at $13,5k toys/collector pieces. We support you Panzer!

#10114 2 years ago

Agreed absolutely, it would be excellent if a solution is found.

But talking to all the people that agree with you about it will not get it done.

#10115 2 years ago

At least GNR is being discussed here. You guys should check out the Mandalorian reveal thread. The current topic is which programmer has the longest schlong.

#10116 2 years ago

In the Haggis Fathom thread we are talking about aussie snack foods.

#10117 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the Haggis Fathom thread we are talking about aussie snack foods.

That sounds way more entertaining!

#10118 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No ax to grind. Just hoping for a resolution to defective playfields. As more and more people discuss their dissatisfaction, it becomes likely that these aren’t isolated cases but evidence of a far more substantial issue. Forums bring people together to give transparency on issues that extend beyond themselves across the community.

@zaphx, you are content with your GnR, and I’m genuinely happy for you that you are enjoying it. But please don’t try to silence or diminish others who may have a different tolerance for what is acceptable to them.

#10119 2 years ago

There has been alot of day one orders that have not been fulfilled yet, has anyone that paid the 10,500 received a game yet?

#10120 2 years ago

has the playfield issues been primarily on the CE models? I've been debating to pull the trigger on an SE, but all these issues has me worried.

#10121 2 years ago

For those that routinely score over 10 million, what 4 patches are you likely to go for first? I’m trying to come up with a strategy to score better

#10122 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shield for GnR is almost ready. Test fit looks good. A couple very small adjustments on the cut-in part and it's ready to go (the final will be 1/8", this test is 1/16" polycarbonate).[quoted image]

Looking fine there PinMonk.

#10123 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For those that routinely score over 10 million, what 4 patches are you likely to go for first? I’m trying to come up with a strategy to score better

My scores have been hovering between 30 and 60 mill. That said, I can't seem to get to the next level. I always grab the fender patch first and then move around to the band members. Bra and panty combo is nice to have for double bonus... and skill shot increase. To me, the most important thing is to try and have all six balls locked to start the song. Even when I have Slash solo ready, I avoid the scoop and try and lock the six balls for song. I've yet to beat 600,000 on Slash solo. Seems high risk low reward to me.

#10124 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

There has been alot of day one orders that have not been fulfilled yet, has anyone that paid the 10,500 received a game yet?

I don’t think there have been any games shipped to US distributors in a good long while. As far as I know first JJP was trying to beat some tax in Europe and get a couple containers out, then they’ve been waiting for parts. Maybe I missed an unboxing photo recently due to the playfield nightmare photos.

#10125 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No ax to grind. Just hoping for a resolution to defective playfields. As more and more people discuss their dissatisfaction, it becomes likely that these aren’t isolated cases but evidence of a far more substantial issue. Forums bring people together to give transparency on issues that extend beyond themselves across the community.
zaphX, you are content with your GnR, and I’m genuinely happy for you that you are enjoying it. But please don’t try to silence or diminish others who may have a different tolerance for what is acceptable to them.

I’m just asking people to freak out about the playfields in the playfield freak out threads. I like chatting here about the gameplay, repair tweaks, etc. I know from experience this playfield outrage never goes away and the same 10 people will never stop complaining no matter what is done for them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10126 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m just asking people to freak out about the playfields in the playfield freak out threads. I like chatting here about the gameplay, repair tweaks, etc. I know from experience this playfield outrage never goes away and the same 10 people will never stop complaining no matter what is done for them.

That's on JJP - fix the issue and the outrage will go away

#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

My scores have been hovering between 30 and 60 mill. That said, I can't seem to get to the next level. I always grab the fender patch first and then move around to the band members. Bra and panty combo is nice to have for double bonus... and skill shot increase. To me, the most important thing is to try and have all six balls locked to start the song. Even when I have Slash solo ready, I avoid the scoop and try and lock the six balls for song. I've yet to beat 600,000 on Slash solo. Seems high risk low reward to me.

Fender is the patch I go for first. I’ll try your strategy with the band member patches and locking balls. Is there a way to inactivate the song when it’s lit?

#10128 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Greatest game of the decade is disappointing because there aren't enough mechs?

Lol , I haven't heard that song since I was a kid .
The lack of complicated mech's is one reason why I went for GNR . It's a band pin and doesn't need complicated mechs , I love how it has some kinetic diverters and a VUK , some opto's and the new sensors . I totally understand why some people want lots of Interactive mech's , I want to play Pinball not fix pinball .
No one wants to hear about Playfield issues ,
the last thing I want to do is , do research on whether I need petg or silicone washers or Milar circles or how many , or whatever other crap , but it is what it is , and if we didn't have these shit playfields , I wouldn't have to bother about it .
I understand that some people don't want to hear about it but closing your eyes and putting your hands over your ears and say , la la la la won't make the problem go away .

#10129 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Fender is the patch I go for first. I’ll try your strategy with the band member patches and locking balls. Is there a way to inactivate the song when it’s lit?

I don't believe so. Just do your best to avoid the scoop. Play the song automatically selected and once you get rolling with six balls in a song, don't look up at your pending jackpot... when I see 40+ sitting there, it is choke city.

#10130 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I don't believe so. Just do your best to avoid the scoop. Play the song automatically selected and once you get rolling with six balls in a song, don't look up at your pending jackpot... when I see 40+ sitting there, it is choke city.

So many times that glance just to see where I am costs me a ball or two. The struggle is real. And that damn skull animation won't get out of the way to let me see, which is part of the suspense

#10131 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

. And that damn skull animation won't get out of the way to let me see, which is part of the suspense

I do wish they'd kill that skull animation or at least have it pop up above the score. It's annoying and blacks the score, especially when in band frenzy....

pinball_keefer

#10132 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will keep my comments in the other thread, but its alot more than 10, and its not going to go away.

#10133 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I do wish they'd kill that skull animation or at least have it pop up above the score. It's annoying and blacks the score, especially when in band frenzy....
pinball_keefer

I have to assume that sense of suspense is intentional, right?

#10134 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The test was done with all the flippers on jjGnR, I just made that right flipper only FL-11629 graph to illustrate the extreme temps. jjPotC is all 15411s (well, they should be according to the manual, but who knows what JJP put in there. GnR has some...interesting...assembly deviations). With trapping that Karl does, the max temp on jjPotC was even crazier peaks. But that should give you an idea about 15411 temp performance for longer sessions in JJP games.
On jjGnR the lesser-used FL-15411 for lower left and upper right maxed out at 180.2F and 181F uncooled, well beyond the fade threshold. They were 115F and 110.2F cooled, respectively.

I've been meaning to send a huge shout out to PinMonk on the Tibetan Breeze JJP Pin 3-Flipper Cooling Kit × 1 … ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING!! One of the best mods so far!! Very easy to install and makes the world of difference! We have had installed since April 30th and it has increased game play, especially no issues with back handing left ramp after multiple games, very quiet and couldn't imagine the game without. THANK YOU for all your time spend and hard work to better the game in such a huge way!!!

#10135 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Cool. Will you have a retailer in the land of Aus?
Ride the boney beast does a lot of that kind of stuff, retailing TiltGraphix as well as others here. Nino is good pinball people too with a top reputation here.
https://www.rtbb.com.au/

If you are getting killed by the over the wall left out lane airball drains and can’t wait for this nice solution to show up you can make one yourself in the meantime. It won’t look as nice but will end those incredibly annoying and sometimes sole crushing false drains. If you have a home improvement store near by grab some corner protection clear molding and cut it down to fill the gap. I only needed some tin snips and a drill to fill that slot in. No more air ball drains. Then upgrade later when this is available locally.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184387

#10136 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

pinball_keefer

Not sure why they do that. I never look at the jackpot total as I always try to end the song and want to a lid the possible choke when 40 or 50 mil is sitting there. Then when I blow it if I don’t look up fast enough I have no idea what I just left on the table. We also need a credit for Largest Lost Song Jackpot.

#10137 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I usually start with Fender and then get the rest of the band if possible. Then try to get Band Frenzy going in a song. That pop corn popping sound or gun shot sound seems to bring good scores along with it. Also max out all the multi balls before entering a song. Then play the song until the end. That seems to bring the best scores but it’s often all or nothing for me. I am sure there are there ways to get a big score too but that’s how I have gotten or almost gotten my best scores. Blowing a massive jackpot hurts for sure.

#10138 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

If you are getting killed by the over the wall left out lane airball drains and can’t wait for this nice solution to show up you can make one yourself in the meantime. It won’t look as nice but will end those incredibly annoying and sometimes sole crushing false drains. If you have a home improvement store near by grab some corner protection clear molding and cut it down to fill the gap. I only needed some tin snips and a drill to fill that slot in. No more air ball drains. Then upgrade later when this is available locally.

It really doesn't even look bad - almost invisible really unless you're looking for it.

IMG_0003.jpegIMG_0003.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0005.jpegIMG_0005.jpeg
#10139 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563
It looks like it's altered from the original slightly as the circular piece that attached to the light bracket is flush to one side versus centered...giving it strength I would imagine

This makes it easier to print.

IMG_2219 (resized).jpgIMG_2219 (resized).jpg
#10140 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

We also need a credit for Largest Lost Song Jackpot.

Oh hell yeah. Just lost a 81 and a 76 Million in one game yesterday. Please kick me in the nuts some more to remind me to play better. It would have doubled my 105 million GC if i could have cashed those 2 in.

#10141 2 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

This makes it easier to print.
[quoted image]

Thank you much... Like the color too

#10142 2 years ago

I wish there was a ticker with the Song value on the main display before you got into song mode.. Kinda let you know you're progress numerically outside of the boosters... And also all 4 booster levels off to the side always showing , especially at the ball plunge instead of just the crowd meter

#10144 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

has the playfield issues been primarily on the CE models? I've been debating to pull the trigger on an SE, but all these issues has me worried.

I bought a se with 900 plays and playfield looks fine,fun game!

#10145 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Thank you, i'll see if i can find that in Australia.

Half an hour of google and this is all i can find here.

What size do i need? Anyone else in Aus want some, it's 4' lengths.

https://www.protectawall.com.au/polycarbonate-corner-guards/

#10146 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Oh hell yeah. Just lost a 81 and a 76 Million in one game yesterday. Please kick me in the nuts some more to remind me to play better. It would have doubled my 105 million GC if i could have cashed those 2 in.

Ouch. At least I feel better now.

#10147 2 years ago

PinMonk
cooling fans are now installed. Installation was a breeze.

#10148 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It really doesn't even look bad - almost invisible really unless you're looking for it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Its so easy, easy.

#10149 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

I've been meaning to send a huge shout out to PinMonk on the Tibetan Breeze JJP Pin 3-Flipper Cooling Kit × 1 … ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING!! One of the best mods so far!! Very easy to install and makes the world of difference! We have had installed since April 30th and it has increased game play, especially no issues with back handing left ramp after multiple games, very quiet and couldn't imagine the game without. THANK YOU for all your time spend and hard work to better the game in such a huge way!!!

Thanks for the testimonial. Until you use them, you don't realize how degraded the experience becomes in long sessions. Glad it made a big difference for you!

Hope to have all the backorders completed for the GnR Tibetan Breeze kits by this coming weekend.

#10150 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

PinMonk
cooling fans are now installed. Installation was a breeze.

You so punny!

Enjoy the high scores.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/203?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.