IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 562.
#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Really disappointed to see this on my CE. I hope fellow owners don’t have this happen to their playfields. This was my first JJP machine, and am not impressed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch, that is horrible and inexcusable, especially at the high prices JJP is charging. We all know they abandoned mechs because of so many failing and the primary reason, there are no real mechs in GNR, but can’t abandon PFs too. Lol

Can totally understand after seeing your photos and the many other people’s GNR photos, why Kaneda says he’s done with JJP and telling others to get their money back. Those PFs would be so disappointing on a show piece for sure. When showing game off, you’d always be apologizing to your guests about how the most important aspect to any pinball machine looks.

Is JJP going to send you a replacement under warranty?

#9952 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks great, but the guitar needs a longer neck or a smaller body. Looks like a ukulele as is.

Thank you
The guitar doing something and in this photo is very hard to see the proportion of it. right now she's all the way to the back of the backbox
the guitar proportion are good and also made by professional guitar artist. we have here the same original guitar by gibson and its 1:2.5 scale. i agree that in the photos its looks not in proportion but when we will share the video you will figure it out

#9953 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Thank you
The guitar doing something and in this photo is very hard to see the proportion of it. right now she's all the way to the back of the backbox
the guitar proportion are good and also made by professional guitar artist. we have here the same original guitar by gibson and its 1:2.5 scale. i agree that in the photos its looks not in proportion but when we will share the video you will figure it out

I think the problem is there is a mix of scale in the topper. The head/skull, guns and guitar all seem to be different scale so it makes the guitar look weird (at least in the photo). It's a beautiful topper, maybe adjusting the scale of the skull and the guns closer to the guitar would address the issue from the other way around.

EDIT: Mixed scale confirmed. Skull/guns 1 scale. Guitar 1:2.5 scale.

#9954 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the problem is there is a mix of scale in the topper. The head/skull, guns and guitar all seem to be different scale so it makes the guitar look weird (at least in the photo). It's a beautiful topper, maybe adjusting the scale of the skull and the guns closer to the guitar would address the issue from the other way around.

wait to see the video
Guns, skull and roses are 1 : 1 scale

#9955 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Serious question. Can my spot be transferred? Do I contact JJP? I have a spot ordered at the beginning of February 2021, it’s a $9500 LE spot. I’m not looking to make money, just transfer the spot and get my $1000 back. I love GNR...but things have changed.

I emailed Jen several times , could I sell ,transfer , get told by Jen that that decision is up to my distributor, what a load of shit , JJP doesn't control warranty decisions on their own products, ive little to no faith in JJP , at least in Aus we have good consumer rights , I really love pinball but this company has contempt for these issues, ive been on the fence with my purchase only been told to hang in by mates who have recieved it , fingers crossed i don't get a dud , the odds aren't great though I'm afraid

#9956 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Serious question. Can my spot be transferred? Do I contact JJP? I have a spot ordered at the beginning of February 2021, it’s a $9500 LE spot. I’m not looking to make money, just transfer the spot and get my $1000 back. I love GNR...but things have changed.

I think the best way is to find someone to reimburse you for the deposit and when the game arrives, they go with you to pick it up at the distributor, and pay you the balance. I was told by my local distributor they would not allow a transfer of ownership and in any case, any new purchaser would have to pay the new price. With all the demand, the distributors would rather keep the $1k deposit and have the game arrive as planned (at the old price), and then they can easily resell it for the new price.

#9957 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Has a nice rose shooter been released yet? Still waiting for one to pop up. Only aware of the generic rose shooter from tilt I believe. Might just end up getting that one if need be.
Only interested in a rose shooter btw - I know of liors work.

They have the original in Germany, but a lot more expensive.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/guns-n-roses/8300/rose-shooter?c=0

#9958 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Has anyone changed the rubbers to there out lane posts, maybe bigger ones or know a solution to the balls draining on the outer lanes 80% of the time, THANKS!!

If you want to reduce outlane drains you could always swap in a star post. I’d put a plastic washer under it though to be safe from PF damage.

You could also change the little rubbers to 7/16 size if you keep the original spike posts

#9959 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why in the world would I want to go through that hassle just to come out even?

Better than coming out a grand behind!

#9960 2 years ago

I am looking for the easiest way to access this area to iron out a couple things. It looks like the ramp needs to come off but I'm not sure how to go about that.

20210522_082846 (resized).jpg20210522_082846 (resized).jpg
#9961 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Add 2 washers to each post between part 1 and part 2. Fixed it 100% for me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH but no go! I tried thinner metal washers and the clear plastic washers and it still isn't right. Do I need thicker washers or any other idea to fix the problem?

#9962 2 years ago

Stern is No better Than JJP when it comes to the Loyal Pinball Buyer

#9963 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

THANK YOU SO MUCH but no go! I tried thinner metal washers and the clear plastic washers and it still isn't right. Do I need thicker washers or any other idea to fix the problem?

You put them on top of the flap piece right? The goal here is to lower that gate enough that the ball stops slipping through it.

#9964 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

JJP is no better than Stern when it comes to the Loyal Pinball Buyer

#9965 2 years ago

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

20210522_104243 (resized).jpg20210522_104243 (resized).jpg20210522_104249 (resized).jpg20210522_104249 (resized).jpg20210522_104256 (resized).jpg20210522_104256 (resized).jpg
#9966 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

I've had multiple warranty issues with Stern and they responded to every one properly. This "no warranty on the playfield" thing from JJP is insanely bad.

#9967 2 years ago

I've had the machine shut down for a couple of weeks now and forgot how much fun it actually is!! I hope it lasts awhile.

#9968 2 years ago

Hello Gunners, can some tell me how many of these plastic washer's I will need to help fix the post pool problems. are they all the same size? Is one better than another ? Thanks ,I want to try and Bullitt proof my game out of box!

#9969 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello Gunners, can some tell me how many of these plastic washer's I will need to help fix the post pool problems. are they all the same size? Is one better than another ? Thanks ,I want to try and Bullitt proof my game out of box!

I’d get about 20 washers. 3/4” works. Some you may need to trim using some cutters as some posts are close together. Take pics as you pull ramps and plastics off. Careful not to let any existing washers under posts slide away from you. Put a microfiber towel on playfield to catch any that get away from you

#9970 2 years ago

It’s crazy people gotta do all of this work to save a $10k+ game. I’ve never thought about doing this to a 90s pin. Maybe they need to go back to screen printing

#9971 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

It’s crazy people gotta do all of this work to save a $10k+ game. I’ve never thought about doing this to a 90s pin. Maybe they need to go back to screen printing

If the pooling starts to happen again with the clear washers we are all screwed. It’s too bad because this is the coolest game I’ve ever played

#9972 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

That is complete BS. My experience with Stern is they stand behind every pinball machine. I’ve had a PF replacement with no issues. On the other hand, JJP didn’t want to know about it and would not return calls or email, till months later and still no solution (washer kits are not a solution). No definitely Stern takes care of their customers and is not in the same camp as JJP. Don’t kid yourself, experience at Stern is far superior. When Jurassic Park PFs had issues, Stern replaced all PFs and even reprinted and removed artwork under posts, then started production again. Almost every PF since then has been almost flawless.

It is ridiculous that we as buyers have to come up with solutions and work on a $10k or more JJP game, to fix the most important component in the game. No game is worth that. Don’t we buy to play, not endlessly work on? None of us would accept a new car with a dented in door and think, that car is soooo cool to drive, I just need to figure out how to “iron out” the door?

#9973 2 years ago

The fault lies completely on JJP. Since they refuse to remove artwork under the posts. Mirco simply prints and uses what JJP gives them. Until JJP changes how they do the artwork, this problem will never go away. This issue has been going on for years at JJP. They never learn or stand behind or have figured out what Stern, Spooky, AP, CGC, Haggis have all figured out. Until we the consumer stop buying this issue will never be solved.

#9974 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude I think you made the best of a bad situation and I think it looks freaking awesome.. You did nice clean work and it shows.. I don't care what anyone says. You took the initiative and have an awesome looking machine.. Love that color choice too that's very unique

#9975 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

That is complete BS. My experience with Stern is they stand behind every pinball machine. I’ve had a PF replacement with no issues. On the other hand, JJP didn’t want to know about it and would not return calls or email, till months later and still no solution (washer kits are not a solution). No definitely Stern takes care of their customers and is not in the same camp as JJP. Don’t kid yourself, experience at Stern is far superior. When Jurassic Park PFs had issues, Stern replaced all PFs and even reprinted and removed artwork under posts, then started production again. Almost every PF since then has been almost flawless.
It is ridiculous that we as buyers have to come up with solutions and work on a $10k or more JJP game, to fix the most important component in the game. No game is worth that. Don’t we buy to play, not endlessly work on? None of us would accept a new car with a dented in door and think, that car is soooo cool to drive, I just need to figure out how to “iron out” the door?

+1 Stern replaced playfield for me and other fixes.

#9976 2 years ago

I bought a used se and I don’t see any problems with the playfield,except all the multi balls causing a bit of wear in the shooter because of all the balls being loaded,way more the other games with the amount of plays,just a ton of balls being shot from the lane.I love it and am really enjoying my standard.i was going to upgrade in the fall but I am happy after playing both le and se a bunch.

Great game

#9977 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Dude I think you made the best of a bad situation and I think it looks freaking awesome.. You did nice clean work and it shows.. I don't care what anyone says. You took the initiative and have an awesome looking machine.. Love that color choice too that's very unique

That's such a nice thing to say.
Makes me wish for a moment that i was better at being nice to people (i do know my problem and can't fix it).

#9978 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

multi balls causing a bit of ware in the shooter

"Ware?"

Soft, or hard?

#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

good effort but unfortunately those washers will make no difference in the medium term. We all deployed washers on TNA, the chipping still happens, and some folks had plastic that reacted to the playfield.

Neil.

#9980 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's such a nice thing to say.
Makes me wish for a moment that i was better at being nice to people (i do know my problem and can't fix it).

You just did it. Great job. I'm going to give you an upvote for it, too!
See, you're already better at it. Now that wasn't so hard?

#9981 2 years ago

I better stop then, now i know how it's done.

I'll end up making friends with someone or something.

#9982 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

good effort but unfortunately those washers will make no difference in the medium term. We all deployed washers on TNA, the chipping still happens, and some folks had plastic that reacted to the playfield.
Neil.

Those guys probably didn't use PETG plastics

It's FDA food grade chemical resistant can be used in medical supplies and implants pretty much a wonder plastic

https://www.acmeplastics.com/what-is-petg

#9983 2 years ago

Unfortunate to find this on my LE. Added a larger washer to cover the damage (okay in that spot, but would be unacceptable as a fix in most other spots).

The sling areas with plastic washers are 100%, but nearly every place a metal washer is used has some kind of wrinkling if closely inspected (presumably over-torqued posts).

20210520_155241 (resized).jpg20210520_155241 (resized).jpg20210521_103158 (resized).jpg20210521_103158 (resized).jpg

#9984 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Yeah, I was a little afraid of that. So basically we're SOL?

#9985 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Yeah, I was a little afraid of that. So basically we're SOL?

Cliffy's carbon fiber post rings are adhesive, low profile, and probably less likely to transmit more vibration than metal washers do. I've posted pics a few times.

#9986 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Unfortunate to find this on my LE. Added a larger washer to cover the damage (okay in that spot, but would be unacceptable as a fix in most other spots).
The sling areas with plastic washers are 100%, but nearly every place a metal washer is used has some kind of wrinkling if closely inspected (presumably over-torqued posts).
Not a great first impression with JJP and Mirco's Fischer Price playfield quality (never expected art to just peel off like a cheap sticker).

Again, its not Mirco that is the issue here. Mirco did not create the artwork going under the posts, JJP did. JJP is the one’s at fault, not Mirco. They only do what JJP tells them to do and work with JJP artwork. Mirco did not create the artwork that is under all the posts. Everyone else in the industry does not put artwork under the posts now. JJP has done this for years and has not changed their process, so the results are always going to be the same. JJP could change vendors and still will have same issues. With a JJP PFs, it is not a matter of if, but when will the PF go bad.

#9987 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Cliffy's carbon fiber post rings are adhesive, low profile, and probably less likely to transmit more vibration than metal washers do. I've posted pics a few times.

I did order some. Thank you.

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Again, its not Mirco that is the issue here. Mirco did not create the artwork going under the posts, JJP did. JJP is the one’s at fault, not Mirco. They only do what JJP tells them to do and work with JJP artwork. Mirco did not create the artwork that is under all the posts. Everyone else in the industry does not put artwork under the posts now. JJP has done this for years and has not changed their process, so the results are always going to be the same. JJP could change vendors and still will have same issues. With a JJP PFs, it is not a matter of if, but when will the PF go bad.

This is a owners thread!

#9989 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doesn’t rubber have the best damper properties?
Anyone doing these washers / self adhesive?

#9990 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is a owners thread!

And he's discussing an issue that's affecting owners. What better place?

#9991 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Mirco is the problem as well as JJP. Does not matter about what art work JJP designed. The problem is simple. The ink Mirco is using and how it’s applied is the issue. It’s not bonding to the wood. It’s that simple. Does not matter if you use a washer or have HEP clear it, it’s going to happen. JJP should have stopped using Mirco after Pirates. Do you want to see my Addams Gold that has artwork under the post??? It’s perfect.

#9993 2 years ago

Does anyone have Lior's 4 piece speaker set on their game? I'm just looking for feedback on how it looks on the game. Lior has made it so I know the detail and quality will be great. It's just that it's quite expensive so just looking to hear opinions of whether it's money well spent.

#9994 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not a great first impression with JJP and Mirco's Fischer Price playfield quality (never expected art to just peel off like a cheap sticker).

Sorry to hear. What’s your build and/or playfield date?

#9995 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry to hear. What’s your build and/or playfield date?

April build. LE# 877 (if that means anything). Not sure where to see a playfield date.

Have had the game for about 40 days and somehow managed to completely miss that damage.

#9996 2 years ago

Are April runs worse than day 1? Seems like I keep hearing April. Maybe those were rushed because of demand? Maybe we should start making a tally?

#9997 2 years ago

It pains me a lot that all the conversation is now playfields and not strategy, enjoying the game, etc.

#9998 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Are April runs worse than day 1? Seems like I keep hearing April. Maybe those were rushed because of demand? Maybe we should start making a tally?

My le is a December build and I don’t have any playfield issues.

#9999 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My le is a December build and I don’t have any playfield issues.

Interesting

#10000 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Does anyone have Lior's 4 piece speaker set on their game? I'm just looking for feedback on how it looks on the game. Lior has made it so I know the detail and quality will be great. It's just that it's quite expensive so just looking to hear opinions of whether it's money well spent.

I do not believe he has shipped any yet. With everything going on in his neighborhood, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are delayed for a bit. I have ordered a set. He posted an update in his GNR mods thread a day or two back. I would check there for the last update.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/200?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.