• LE 352 votes
    49%
  • SE 43 votes
    6%
  • None 167 votes
    23%

(722 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 825 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot 2021-01-26 150127 (resized).png
7E86CB16-B53A-4A5A-81BB-91E0ABCF0ECE (resized).jpeg
15B61AC2-EBF8-492E-A8A9-E834873B69E5 (resized).jpeg
58C7EAAF-FE6F-4C50-9774-45DF451BE003 (resized).jpeg
9E90C41B-D76F-4B15-B2C6-37016E3461B2 (resized).jpeg
Gnr_Ziptie (resized).jpeg
gnr-liftinginserts (resized).jpg
16117201310992051112118162291511 (resized).jpg
9FF3B6A1-C137-403E-B7EF-C550C0834151 (resized).jpeg
4E2B50EE-4A3B-4841-BD72-62BFBF965296 (resized).jpeg
1611718185049587585215785610281 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210126_221142 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210127_000634480 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210127_000637164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210127_000640892 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5381 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 108.
#901 3 months ago

Man the four album modes are badass. My favorite right now is “Shall We Play a Game” (Chinese Democracy). Just beat that one. So awesome.

#902 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Man the four album modes are badass. My favorite right now is “Shall We Play a Game” (Chinese Democracy). Just beat that one. So awesome.

I believe that’s the one with the UNIX crash in the beginning? I really loved that mode - came out of nowhere when I was playing and the China vs US graphics are so good.

#903 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe that’s the one with the UNIX crash in the beginning? I really loved that mode - came out of nowhere when I was playing and the China vs US graphics are so good.

Yep

#904 3 months ago

I just lost a 8M+ song bonus on Rocket Queen. There should be a leaderboard for the biggest losers. The most song bonus lost.

#905 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I just lost a 8M+ song bonus on Rocket Queen. There should be a leaderboard for the biggest losers. The most song bonus lost.

You're such a huge loser!

J/K I can't wait to get my LE.

#906 3 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You're such a huge loser!
J/K I can't wait to get my LE.

Yeah it will be good when there are more owners with games in hand. It’s pretty lonely in here.

Currently I’m trying to figure out patches. They are huge actually. And the concept of patch sets is really interesting. Patches that go together when collected will have another benefit. For example when you collect both the Bra and Panties patches you get double bonus for the whole game. Need to figure out all the patch sets.

#907 3 months ago

Anybody hear anything about the co-op mode Keith mentioned was coming ? Just curious on basic idea of how he’s planning on doing it.

#908 3 months ago

I’m officially in the club. I’m paid in full for an LE and just waiting for JJP to make it.

Average Joe player here. I played the game today at FUN, my distributor.
My first impression was very positive.

***Skilled twitch watchers who post laser measured reports about the 0.001 degree of pitch etc.. Skip this and go down to the next review. ***

Exterior: Beautiful cabinet art and powder coat. Volume button on the front is a nice touch.

Playfield and lights: great colors, easy to see everything. Not at all blinding or confusing.

Music and sound: Duh. Next topic.

Gameplay: It’s pretty simple for a player like me. Skill shot is right in front of you. Plunge accurately to get it. You start with a single ball and, yes, you can trap up. No big deal. Collect all the band members to be able to choose a song. This sounds more complicated than it is. If you can bang the ball around and make a few shots, you can collect the members. Sometimes a second ball gets added in, not sure what I did. It was fine. Once all are collected, shoot the scoop. Then you get to easily pick a song and play to it.
THIS is when the game literally wakes up and gets loud and fun. The light show gets going etc. For probably my first time in Pinball, the game actually sounds and plays just as loud and fun as the trailer for it. Playing Live and Let Die was exactly what you see in the promo video. I completed a few songs etc and was quite pleased. Yes there were multiballs, but it wasn’t overwhelming or annoying. Importantly to me, no shots were to hard for me to make.

Overall, I’m super excited about the game and really looking forward to the call when it ships.

#909 3 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m officially in the club. I’m paid in full for an LE and just waiting for JJP to make it.
***Skilled twitch watchers who post laser measured reports about the 0.001 degree of pitch etc.. Skip this and go down to the next review. ***
Exterior: Beautiful cabinet art and powder coat. Volume button on the front is a nice touch.
Playfield and lights: great colors, easy to see everything. Not at all blinding or confusing.
Gameplay: It’s pretty simple for a player like me. Skill shot is right in front of you. Plunge accurately to get it. You start with a single ball and, yes, you can trap up. No big deal. Collect all the band members to be able to choose a song. This sounds more complicated than it is. If you can bang the ball around and make a few shots, you can collect the members. Sometimes a second ball gets added in, not sure what I did. It was fine. Once all are collected, shoot the scoop. Then you get to easily pick a song and play to it.
THIS is when the game literally wakes up and gets loud and fun. The light show gets going etc. For probably my first time in Pinball, the game actually sounds and plays just as loud and fun as the trailer for it. Playing Live and Let Die was exactly what you see in the promo video. I completed a few songs etc and was quite pleased. Yes there were multiballs, but it wasn’t overwhelming or annoying. Importantly to me, no shots were to hard for me to make.
Overall, I’m super excited about the game and really looking forward to the call when it ships.

Thanks for the review from a casual player perspective

#910 3 months ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

JJP will put them at the top of the list for the Collectors "Encore" Edition.

As one who waited 2.5 years on my WOZECLE, while JJP built their company with my money, and then once all 1000 of those were sold, released the "even more awesome" RR LE, then yeah, I could see that happening. Or perhaps in a year from now, the Slash Special Edition - 1000 units. I think GNR is great, and I think JJP builds great games, but that kind of marketing is dirty pool.

#911 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So buy JP2, play the snot out of it, it's a perfect game for someone who plays like you, and then sell it and pick up a GNR once the dust settles. You'll have no problem moving Jurassic Park later, it's a hugely popular title. One of the only recent Sterns I've actually played, it's a shooter's game for sure.
It's always fun getting in on the hype, but after a week of owning a game it's just another pin, and when you got it doesn't make a huge difference.
Bonus: GNR bugs will be worked out, code will mature, and it will probably be a better game by the time you get it.

The rational side of me completely agrees with this!! Unfortunately the impulse side sometimes takes control and says buy, buy, buy!! I usually purchase one pin a year, AIQ came out of nowhere and I clicked add to cart. I knew GNR was coming and had a plan to sell my AC/DC. Completed that sell and have clicked add to cart. Looking forward to GNR!!

Something I have learned in this hobby is to never purchase a pin that I played when I was younger. I bought what I thought was a keeper in SS, I played it so much when I was younger. The thrill of it is not there anymore I remember reading your posts on it and I thought you were crazy. Damn you were right!!

#912 3 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

As one who waited 2.5 years on my WOZECLE, while JJP built their company with my money, and then once all 1000 of those were sold, released the "even more awesome" RR LE, then yeah, I could see that happening. Or perhaps in a year from now, the Slash Special Edition - 1000 units. I think GNR is great, and I think JJP builds great games, but that kind of marketing is dirty pool.

If they did a CE in the LE Cabinet Art but CE physical features (Lockdown Sculpture, Shooter, Topper, Apron Lock, etc) I’d be down. Otherwise it will be an LE

#913 3 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I am super happy for you.

Normally you pay in full when your game is ready to ship. Hopefully JJP will be shipping your game real soon. If it was me I would ask my distro when my game will ship. I think JJP have been inundated with orders and will be flat out keeping up with demand.

#914 3 months ago

1)Are the usual cabinet protectors, those plastic ones, needed between the cabinet and legs? Or do those metal ones attached to the cabinet together with that little foamy piece it ships with sufficient enough?

2)
Is anyone seeing those flyers and/or rule sheets which were posted online and look fantastic , come with their game?
Do distr. get those at all? Or are they just online files and jjp don’t print any, just like there’s no printed manual?
I love collecting those together with the games.

#915 3 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

1)Are the usual cabinet protectors, those plastic ones, needed between the cabinet and legs? Or do those metal ones attached to the cabinet together with that little foamy piece it ships with sufficient enough?
2)
Is anyone seeing those flyers and/or rule sheets which were posted online and look fantastic , come with their game?
Do distr. get those at all? Or are they just online files and jjp don’t print any, just like there’s no printed manual?
I love collecting those together with the games.

No other leg protection needed. And I've seen the flyers for jjp games ...I believe distros get them and probably cld ask jjp nicely.

#916 3 months ago

Sorry i´ve asked this before, but didn´t get a reply.
Guess it was to early, and there was not enough experience.

How is the attract mode?
With all the assets, camera/sensor, great music and lights i think there is potential for the best attract mode ever.

Maybe seems odd to be concered about that aspect, but for me, a potential buy would go into a social party area of our home, it would really fit the bill if it was a show-stopper so to speak.

#917 3 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Sorry i´ve asked this before, but didn´t get a reply.
Guess it was to early, and there was not enough experience.
How is the attract mode?
With all the assets, camera/sensor, great music and lights i think there is potential for the best attract mode ever.
Maybe seems odd to be concered about that aspect, but for me, a potential buy would go into a social party area of our home, it would really fit the bill if it was a show-stopper so to speak.

I seen a cool attract mode special feature that was put in with a flipper code . It was behind the scenes footage of g@r while on tour and was super cool. Hopefully we can find out how to enable that.

#918 3 months ago

Has anyone added mirror blades to their LE yet? Did they fit or thoughts on those vs custom art blades down the track?

#919 3 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone added mirror blades to their LE yet? Did they fit or thoughts on those vs custom art blades down the track?

Jjp pins are tight and the thinner the side blades the better

#920 3 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jjp pins are tight and the thinner the side blades the better

So art blades are the better option? This is my first JJP

#921 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am super happy for you.
Normally you pay in full when your game is ready to ship. Hopefully JJP will be shipping your game real soon. If it was me I would ask my distro when my game will ship. I think JJP have been inundated with orders and will be flat out keeping up with demand.

Yes, that’s correct. I have relationship with my distro and chose to pay in full. It was not requested or required to place an order.

#922 3 months ago

Can anyone explain how the "travel" inserts work and how they factor into the rule-set?

#923 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah it will be good when there are more owners with games in hand. It’s pretty lonely in here.

Ours landed pm yesterday!
Broke every pin purchase rule.
But what a incredible experience, staying in song modes is very addictive - we were all up way too late for mid week.

I earned my first ever bra award in a pinball machine and first dimple on my record.
Both are a HUGE badges of honor!

Real stunner of a machine, incredible work JJP!
Look forward to others sharing too!

308C3262-4942-4A2E-BB03-052238561708 (resized).jpegB340B5E2-1CBB-4366-A438-0D4411DA98BA (resized).jpeg

#924 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Can anyone explain how the "travel" inserts work and how they factor into the rule-set?

I asked a few pages ago, and was told the lights turn green for the cities you’ve visited. There are some band member power ups at certain cities, and the rules list 2 multiballs associated with visiting x number of cities and for visiting all cities.

I’m hoping there is a patch to help that along because there are ~50 cities/lights

#925 3 months ago
Quoted from Blu:

I asked a few pages ago, and was told the lights turn green for the cities you’ve visited. There are some band member power ups at certain cities, and the rules list 2 multiballs associated with visiting x number of cities and for visiting all cities.
I’m hoping there is a patch to help that along because there are ~50 cities/lights

Has anyone made a list of the cities?

#926 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ours landed pm yesterday.
Broke all my pin purchase rules but what a great experience. Staying in those song modes is very addictive - tough to articulate, we were up way too late for mid week.
Best of all, earned my first dimples on my record.
It’s a badge of honor.
Nice work JJP!
[quoted image][quoted image]

First off congrats on getting the AFD record label as it's the only real cross for jjp GnR as the CE has a modified millennial version. Hopefully I get the same one! Also look at that cab art. So cool.

#927 3 months ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yes there are patches that can help for SURE. I've got to Tour Multiball one time so far.

#928 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes there are patches that can help for SURE. I've got to Tour Multiball one time so far.

Was it a 2 ball mode? Do you remember if it was lucrative at all?

#929 3 months ago

Someone over in the other GNR thread posted an image from a location game that shows clear lifting around a post. Any noticed that at home?

#930 3 months ago
Quoted from Blu:

Was it a 2 ball mode? Do you remember if it was lucrative at all?

I don't remember how many balls, I think it was 2. Unfortunately I didn't make it very far. The first stage you need to shoot all 3 loops and I drained after making two.

#931 3 months ago

Just so everyone else doesn’t have to look in the other thread. Location game in Madison,WI

9C7D100D-136A-4C4A-BFF9-F7A64053F76F (resized).jpeg
#932 3 months ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Just so everyone else doesn’t have to look in the other thread. Location game in Madison,WI
[quoted image]

Pay attention to me!

#933 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pay attention to me!

#934 3 months ago
dont-use-the-j7chrw (resized).jpg
#935 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pay attention to me!

Haha it’s your money!

#936 3 months ago

Is there any SE footage yet?

#937 3 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Is there any SE footage yet?

No, nor do we know when anything is shipping. I do wish they would tell distributors soon when they may start expecting games to ship. Everyone seems in the dark right now with exception of the handful of LE owners who were able to get their games already.

They seem to be making it hard on distributors who are trying to sell games. Many people are reluctant to purchase when a lead time cannot be offered.

#938 3 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No, nor do we know when anything is shipping. I do wish they would tell distributors soon when they may start expecting games to ship. Everyone seems in the dark right now with exception of the handful of LE owners who were able to get their games already.
They seem to be making it hard on distributors who are trying to sell games. Many people are reluctant to purchase when a lead time cannot be offered.

If you haven’t put in an order already. Don’t expect your LE till spring-summer of next year.... there are likely well over 500 LE orders waiting. They need to make 500 CEs and they will make some SEs in between.

#939 3 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

If you haven’t put in an order already. Don’t expect your LE till spring-summer of next year.... there are likely well over 500 LE orders waiting. They need to make 500 CEs and they will make some SEs in between.

No doubt. I ordered the SE for a few reasons. One of them being I have room in my collection right now. If I feel so inclined I can sell down the road to step up to the LE.

My comment was more a blanket statement that no one knows anything yet. I mean I know the SE is currently on the line, but ive seen literally NO ONE who has a clue when they may have one in their hands.

Im certain JJP wishes they could have seen into the future and had these games lined up ready to go out the door. Obviously this would have been foolish considering I dont think anyone anticipated how popular this would have been. As they say "a good problem to have", I just wish they would clue in the distributors. I feel bad for them, considering the weird year we have had.

#940 3 months ago

#941 3 months ago

#942 3 months ago

Off the Jersey Jack facebook page:

Jersey Jack Pinball
If you have a distributor it is recommended that you order with him or her first. You are not able to "jump the line" by ordering direct.

#943 3 months ago

Just wanted to update from my post yesterday that I picked up my machine.

I’m in the middle of finishing my pinball room which sucks because after work I’d really rather play GNR than do that.

Anyway after painting late into the night last night I decided to unbox GNR in my living room. I only played it for about an hour-ish because it was late and I had to wake up for STUPID work today!

I just want to say that this game is amazing!!!!

I know I only played it a handful of times but oh my God… This thing is loaded, it looks great, it shoots really nice, the sound effects are great, the lights are crazy cool. I could go on and on!

I wasn’t able to turn up the volume because it was after 1am and the wife and kids were sleeping. So I wasn’t even able to get the full experience with the sound system turned up! I can’t wait to crank this thing up and play it again, should be even more amazing!

I’m hoping to be done with my pinball room by Thursday night (down to flooring and an accent wall) so I can really get some games on it this thing!

The good news is I have Friday off so it’s a three day weekend for me!!!

#944 3 months ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Haha it’s your money!

I'll think of you when I play my CE!

#945 3 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I've seen this movie several times. I personally think its expected to wait a while if their only holding a deposit. Its the guys who paid in full that will start to get impatient if they don't get a specific delivery date. The waiting game in this industry can be painful....hopefully the supply chain, and manufacturing can step it up.

#946 3 months ago

JJP posted some better stage pics for the SE.

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#947 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just wanted to update from my post yesterday that I picked up my machine.
I’m in the middle of finishing my pinball room which sucks because after work I’d really rather play GNR than do that.
Anyway after painting late into the night last night I decided to unbox GNR in my living room. I only played it for about an hour-ish because it was late and I had to wake up for STUPID work today!
I just want to say that this game is amazing!!!!
I know I only played it a handful of times but oh my God… This thing is loaded, it looks great, it shoots really nice, the sound effects are great, the lights are crazy cool. I could go on and on!
I wasn’t able to turn up the volume because it was after 1am and the wife and kids were sleeping. So I wasn’t even able to get the full experience with the sound system turned up! I can’t wait to crank this thing up and play it again, should be even more amazing!
I’m hoping to be done with my pinball room by Thursday night (down to flooring and an accent wall) so I can really get some games on it this thing!
The good news is I have Friday off so it’s a three day weekend for me!!!

... please post pics of your Pinball Room when it’s ready

#948 3 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

... please post pics of your Pinball Room when it’s ready

Will do!

Your game room is amazing!

My game room will be nothing crazy but better than no game room, right!

#949 3 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

JJP posted some better stage pics for the SE. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is definitely more room for mods on that stage. LE and CE looks packed with little to no room for mods on the playfield.

#950 3 months ago

I called and spoke with my distributor today. He stated that JJP was hoping to provide delivery estimates and numbers this Friday to distributors. More to follow. Just running rough estimates based on passed releases, I am looking at a few weeks wait for my LE. I purchased mine early and am in the first third of the waiting cue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
There are 5381 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 108.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside