IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 562.
#9801 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Thanks for the help.
Also, I'm curious if pulling up the rails that seem to be hammered in near it is ok? Will they go back in snug if I do?

I would not attempt that personally and would reach out the the distro on that one...sorry

#9802 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Noob question, what about making a single slit in clear washers and then just slipping them on so as to avoid all that disassembly? I know it won’t look quite as clean as a fully intact washer, but maybe not that noticeable and still looking better than torn artwork?

You have to get them under the posts...around them doesn't matter, plus there's no way you could make a slit in these (you can score/notch the edge to make them fit against something though) , they are rigid PETG

#9803 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

If the pinstadiums don't match the hot rails it will be extremely disappointing. I agree with Javagrind888, the advertisement makes it appear as if the hot rails are being mimicked.

Just watched the ad, it does look like they are tied into the system GI and Hotrails

#9804 2 years ago

This is not to take anything away from those that are upset that the machine they got in November/December has pooling or chipping... but to me personally, I'd be a happy clam knowing that I got to play the most kick-ass pinball machine out while 99% of the people that want one or have ordered one have had no such privilege, even at the cost of the playfield damage.

I guess I'm just that kind of person... play it, have fun, and the cost of playing and potential damage is part of what I'd be dropping $1 bills per game somewhere. Not to mention getting to explore the code and all the new/exciting things/modes and sharing it with people (both the ones that have the game and the masses that wish they did). I could guess that I'd have a few thousand plays on my machine by now if I got one in November... so at $1 a game x 2000, lets say I paid $1500 in entertainment (3/$2 games, free games, etc). If I paid $9500 plus shipping for my machine, I could probably sell my game at not much of a loss... and my entertainment value was well worth it.

And just an observation- the machines I've seen go up for sale (one locally that was not listed here but by word of mouth) EVERY SINGLE ONE has been at a markup over what they paid, even the ones with damage. So I ask you this- why is it that someone who feels so ripped off willing to sell a machine AT A PROFIT to someone else who won't get the same warranty they have? If they personally value the machine at less than market right now because of the pooling and chipping, you certainly don't see them offering them up at a "diminished" sale price.

On top of that, if you can get the $9500, why wouldn't you right now? You know what I've noticed... they are waiting until the machines start in heavy production and when it isn't something so special to own right now, then it's garbage and not worth owning (LOL).

Flame me if you want... but you know I'm right. . I'm just posting this opinion for the sake of conversation as a Pinball player and since I've passionate about the hobby.. whatever makes you happy in this hobby, I'm not here to stand in your way to do so.

Do I wish this wasn't an issue and have I had a jacked up playfield before on a game (Stern)? Yes. Actually, this reminds me of a friend that had a AC/DC with cloudy playfield... he bitched up a storm and almost had a stroke over the window, and Stern ended up sending him a new playfield. When he sold it a few years later, he sold it at full price and I noticed he never mentioned the cloudy window to potential buyers. Guess what he did with the playfield? Sold it at a profit a while after lol. I think I knew a few guys that did this with AC/DC.

#9805 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Damn, I'm sorry to see that happen to your game, I would report it to your distributor and or JJP. If you don't mind me asking what is your games build date?

Thanks, the date is 12/20.

#9806 2 years ago

Success!! Minor tweak to the left pawl on the flipper and now I can backhand the left ramp with a +2 on the flipper (probably be better once my PinMonk fans get here)..It was a slight, slight, slight correction and bam, all the difference in the world. Can still make the right orbit and it doesn't feel like I'm exploiting the left ramp...it's not a guarantee and feels like I have to aim for it...not too easy.

#9807 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Success!! Minor tweak to the left pawl on the flipper and now I can backhand the left ramp with a +2 on the flipper (probably be better once my PinMonk fans get here)..It was a slight, slight, slight correction and bam, all the difference in the world. Can still make the right orbit and it doesn't feel like I'm exploiting the left ramp...it's not a guarantee and feels like I have to aim for it...not too easy.

Great feeling when you figure something out and get a pin locked in .To me that’s as satisfying as flipping .Congrats bud !I’m down with a scoop issue and have been too busy lately but I will get it worked out this weekend with some free time that unfortunatly popped up .

#9808 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

To me that’s as satisfying as flipping .

Very very true...good luck with the scoop!

#9809 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Very very true...good luck with the scoop!

Thanks FF I’ll get it right .The funny thing is, as much fun as I had playing it without noticing the issue I’ll be double exited to start it up again when fixed.Hands down the most exiting pin I’ve ever played .My kids are bugging me to get it right and I will .I can relate to this pin personally as theres work to do before you get the payoff .Work hard ,play hard thats how I roll and is there a better phrase to describe the feeling when a song starts ? Heeeel no ! Lmao

#9810 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm just going to post all the areas with pics because it's easier than describing as there are alot
About 5 of these areas I have are treated with the iron
The guitar neck was not pooling but the hex screw in the bare wood scared me after I had to remove the upper playfield to replace my Spotlights, so I put a small washer there as well
Some areas I had to use metal washers due to size limitations
Most areas got the 3/4 " PETG clear treatment[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for sharing. Great job!

#9811 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

You have to get them under the posts...around them doesn't matter, plus there's no way you could make a slit in these (you can score/notch the edge to make them fit against something though) , they are rigid PETG

fooflighter thanks for all the pics. In your first image, did you notch the washer to get it so close to the lane divider? What’s the best way to notch these? Any particular metal washer that you used for the posts that wouldn’t take the clear washers?

#9812 2 years ago

I was hoping I would not join this particular club but I’m in. I’m pissed and sad at the same time. GNRCE with a quick look over has these issues with the playfield. Left outlane and upper playfield. I put a ticket in. Has anyone had any communication with JJP about their CE?

525A4F90-7927-4EDC-9F1A-06059C81C3B3 (resized).jpeg525A4F90-7927-4EDC-9F1A-06059C81C3B3 (resized).jpeg61591B9B-BE85-4E12-8037-EDAA156B1892 (resized).jpeg61591B9B-BE85-4E12-8037-EDAA156B1892 (resized).jpeg
#9813 2 years ago

147 games played on one of the newest playfields. Manufacture date: 4/21. It took at least 500 more plays on POTC before damage of this magnitude showed up. Anyone defending JJP's shortsighted policy of ignorance is bliss either has skin in the game, or needs to pay more taxes. This is not the cost of playing pinball! I wholeheartedly agree that Eric and Slash and team have designed one of the best pinball machines of all time! Hands down. No argument there. That does not mean that I should feel privileged and honored to spend premium pinball prices on a pin in which the paint is literally flaking off a mere 2 weeks after delivery. If I wanted to throw my money down the drain I would've bought a Homepin.
This is not the distributor's problem or solution. They have no say in who makes the playfield, and no means to fix it, other than the bandaids currently offered. I've recommended to JJP that the least they can do for us is sell us a properly manufactured, unpopulated playfield at cost. The reply was a curt "we no longer deal with customers about these issues," translated to "pack sand." While I'm not in this hobby for the money, I'm definitely not in it to throw any more money away than I have to. Would you accept paint peeling off of your car before the first oil change, and say "welp, I guess I should just be happy to be able to drive this sweet car?" Umm, nope. This is one of the most expensive parts of the pin, and by far the hardest to swap out. Anyone think of the operator's out there who have one of these on location? They'd better hope it gets 10k plays on it, because resale will be a challenge.
Some of you might look at this damage and downplay it, but if all indications are correct, this is just the tip of the iceberg. None of us should have to deal with this clear manufacturer's defect. None of us should be treated like we're an easily replaceable commodity by JJP. They're clearly at fault, and their reputation is at stake, along with my future purchases, or lack thereof.

gnr post  (resized).jpggnr post (resized).jpg
#9814 2 years ago

As you can see on the shared pictures, the washers were installed under the posts but it is only making the damage larger: the art and clear are pooling around the washer.

Pay attention to the posts that can be hit hard repeatedly by the ball, you will probably find some damages on the playfield

#9815 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

147 games played on one of the newest playfields. Manufacture date: 4/21. It took at least 500 more plays on POTC before damage of this magnitude showed up. Anyone defending JJP's shortsighted policy of ignorance is bliss either has skin in the game, or needs to pay more taxes. This is not the cost of playing pinball! I wholeheartedly agree that Eric and Slash and team have designed one of the best pinball machines of all time! Hands down. No argument there. That does not mean that I should feel privileged and honored to spend premium pinball prices on a pin in which the paint is literally flaking off a mere 2 weeks after delivery. If I wanted to throw my money down the drain I would've bought a Homepin.
This is not the distributor's problem or solution. They have no say in who makes the playfield, and no means to fix it, other than the bandaids currently offered. I've recommended to JJP that the least they can do for us is sell us a properly manufactured, unpopulated playfield at cost. The reply was a curt "we no longer deal with customers about these issues," translated to "pack sand." While I'm not in this hobby for the money, I'm definitely not in it to throw any more money away than I have to. Would you accept paint peeling off of your car before the first oil change, and say "welp, I guess I should just be happy to be able to drive this sweet car?" Umm, nope. This is one of the most expensive parts of the pin, and by far the hardest to swap out. Anyone think of the operator's out there who have one of these on location? They'd better hope it gets 10k plays on it, because resale will be a challenge.
Some of you might look at this damage and downplay it, but if all indications are correct, this is just the tip of the iceberg. None of us should have to deal with this clear manufacturer's defect. None of us should be treated like we're an easily replaceable commodity by JJP. They're clearly at fault, and their reputation is at stake, along with my future purchases, or lack thereof.
[quoted image]

I thought I had heard that they were offering to buy back machines with playfield issues. Is this still the case? They might get the picture that this is unacceptable if several dozen people return their machines for a full refund.

#9816 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

[quoted image]

My goodness, sorry to see that your playfield is having an issue. A 4/21 build date too, that means this issue can more then likely occur on the latest build games. You are right, this is not acceptable.

#9817 2 years ago

So with the mad rush to put the plastic washers under all the posts, does anyone have experience using the silicone washers that Titan sells? I wonder if those would be better.

Last thing I want to do is just add a larger washer so the damage occurs even farther from the posts

#9818 2 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

I thought I had heard that they were offering to buy back machines with playfield issues. Is this still the case? They might get the picture that this is unacceptable if several dozen people return their machines for a full refund.

I am still awaiting a reply back. Barry has recieved my pictures of cracks and pooling in the playfield and would be back to me shortly. Thats a month ago now.
Also still awaiting reply to my ticket about the left spotlight not working anymore. I checked the cabling as suggested and replied back that those were all connected ok. Silence since then.
I have now 2 posts that pool. One on the left inlane and one on the post were the ball will hangup by the popbumpers. Further is have a starshape crack from the post behind the JAM target.
For a 13K Euro game i expect it to be resolved.

#9819 2 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

From what I gathered in this forum, nobody who was tentatively offered a buyback got an official offer from JJP. I could be wrong… As for me, shipping alone was $1k plus 10% vat and customs, and I’m sure that wouldn’t be covered. Like the rest of you, I really want to keep this game forever. The problem is, short of obtaining a satisfactory playfield, the only lasting solution is to find one of the handful of playfield restoration artisans in the world, spend more money on our brand new pin, and wait about 1 year for the turnaround. Sucks.

#9820 2 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

From what I gathered in this forum, nobody who was tentatively offered a buyback got an official offer from JJP. I could be wrong… As for me, shipping alone was $1k plus 10% vat and customs, and I’m sure that wouldn’t be covered. Like the rest of you, I really want to keep this game forever. The problem is, short of obtaining a satisfactory playfield, the only lasting solution is to find one of the handful of playfield restoration artisans in the world, spend more money on our brand new pin, and wait about 1 year for the turnaround. Sucks.

But will JJP even sell a spare CE playfield?

The best insurance is to get a NIB PF, then have an actual professional fix the trainwreck Mirco is selling JJP by sanding it down and re-clearing properly. But even then that may be problematic if the ink isn't adhering to the wood properly.

#9821 2 years ago

I wasn't going to engage on this issue, but yes - I'm affected too. (Note: we do have a VERY HIGH play count over 3000 and have already rebuilt the flippers once, that's how much we love/play this game.)

I purchased adhesive carbon fiber post ring discs from Cliffy and while we all wanted perfect playfields this is something I can live with as a way to stop the damage and have a cohesive look on the playfield.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/jp_cf_post.jpg

As a person who loves playing the games, I sought out a solution I can live with in order to keep enjoying my purchase.
Not interested in hearing any hate over it, if this isn't for you so be it.
Sharing this in the interest of offering up a stopgap for those who want one.
IMG_0036.jpegIMG_0036.jpegIMG_0037.jpegIMG_0037.jpeg

#9822 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But will JJP even sell a spare CE playfield?
The best insurance is to get a NIB PF, then have an actual professional fix the trainwreck Mirco is selling JJP by sanding it down and re-clearing properly. But even then that may be problematic if the ink isn't adhering to the wood properly.

It’s not a clearcoat issue. Its the ink not bonding with the wood.

#9823 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s a good question. I believe ‘before’ a song is started boosting band members increases ball save time to the max of 60 secs (default).
But during a song, if you hit the scoop for the next wave of shots, sometimes it gives a ball saver and sometimes it doesn’t. Curious if there’s a rhyme or reason to triggering that ball save.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

I noticed that too. I would guess that has to do with a patch but I'm not sure.

During a song, if you get a 'random' ball save its probably because of a mystery award. You get the mystery award by shooting enough bullet logo shots until you spell Guns n Roses.

JJP-GNR-rulesflow_rev2 (resized).jpgJJP-GNR-rulesflow_rev2 (resized).jpg
#9824 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I am still awaiting a reply back. Barry has recieved my pictures of cracks and pooling in the playfield and would be back to me shortly. Thats a month ago now.
Also still awaiting reply to my ticket about the left spotlight not working anymore. I checked the cabling as suggested and replied back that those were all connected ok. Silence since then.
I have now 2 posts that pool. One on the left inlane and one on the post were the ball will hangup by the popbumpers. Further is have a starshape crack from the post behind the JAM target.
For a 13K Euro game i expect it to be resolved.

Expect to hear something along the lines of “Put some washers over the damage”

#9825 2 years ago

Joined the pooling club yesterday. 4/21 build date. Time to open a ticket. Has anyone scored or thought of scoring the clear/art around the posts with an xacto after flattening it? Thought being it would stop the transfer of force to the art around it.

85468250-D9BF-470B-8391-E0C90233BFF4 (resized).jpeg85468250-D9BF-470B-8391-E0C90233BFF4 (resized).jpeg

#9826 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

fooflighter thanks for all the pics. In your first image, did you notch the washer to get it so close to the lane divider? What’s the best way to notch these? Any particular metal washer that you used for the posts that wouldn’t take the clear washers?

I made a small cut with some wire cutters, just very slight then used an emory board (nail file) to file the notch...you could also fold a piece of sandpaper and use the edge to make the notch larger or wrap a popsical stick with sandpaper

#9827 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So with the mad rush to put the plastic washers under all the posts, does anyone have experience using the silicone washers that Titan sells? I wonder if those would be better.
Last thing I want to do is just add a larger washer so the damage occurs even farther from the posts

In my experience, the plastic although rigid, are probably applying a smal amount of micro flex (I just made that up) so they are not pressing into the playfield at the extreme angles the metal washers do. 500 plays later and my fixes have held and no spreads of further damage.

The carbon fiber solution is also a similar option

I hate this, but this fix has been allowing me to keep playing my game without further issue.

I am pushing JJP via my Distro for some action - starting with a playfield...since I'm not time compressed and can continue to play the machine..I will continue to press the issue as will my Distro

#9828 2 years ago

Also, just to add, if everyone took a deep breath, start writing your distro and JJP via support tickets. Don't just explode on social media. Companies only fix or can adjust to what they can document. If everyone is "blowing up" about playfield issues, but sales are record breaking with no history of issue, then there is no issue from a recordkeeping standpoint.

Take a step back from the frustration..I know it sucks to have this happen to a new game...but keep your distro/JJP in the loop..take photos and document, mitigate the issue through washer/iron repair and continue to play while the issue piles up on Mirco's doorstop. Only then can real change happen...yelling about it or threathening not to buy does absolutely nothing.

#9829 2 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

Joined the pooling club yesterday. 4/21 build date. Time to open a ticket. Has anyone scored or thought of scoring the clear/art around the posts with an xacto after flattening it? Thought being it would stop the transfer of force to the art around it.
[quoted image]

I think that would loosen any bond there might have been to the rest of the playfield clear/art and what's left under the remelted part would eventually give way and slough off from the post pressure .

You, would actually need a complete removal / reclear of the surrounding post to bare wood with a reclear of the area similar to what Stern did on JP going forward

#9830 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also, just to add, if everyone took a deep breath, start writing your distro and JJP via support tickets. Don't just explode on social media. Companies only fix or can adjust to what they can document. If everyone is "blowing up" about playfield issues, but sales are record breaking with no history of issue, then there is no issue from a recordkeeping standpoint.
Take a step back from the frustration..I know it sucks to have this happen to a new game...but keep your distro/JJP in the loop..take photos and document, mitigate the issue through washer/iron repair and continue to play while the issue piles up on Mirco's doorstop. Only then can real change happen...yelling about it or threathening not to buy does absolutely nothing.

I agree! I will be reporting my issue even though I am almost certain nothing will be done for me. But, if it helps future products or buyers of the game, I will feel like I atleast made that happen.

#9831 2 years ago

Why does JJP continue to have artwork around the posts? Haven't both Stern and Spooky completely gone away from this?

#9832 2 years ago

Hmmm with the way JJP is handling it, and how often it’s happening, I believe a class action lawsuit should be in the works. Unfortunately, it’s the only way these companies will listen. The other option is people stop buying machines but seems like that ship has sailed.

#9833 2 years ago

i call BS. Stern Only Sent me a Populated Playfield once i sent them mine on KISS pro. I would have had to do it on GOT pro as well. ,So not sure how he got a Populated playfield and sold it and not having sent one back.

Quoted from Cobray:

Do I wish this wasn't an issue and have I had a jacked up playfield before on a game (Stern)? Yes. Actually, this reminds me of a friend that had a AC/DC with cloudy playfield... he bitched up a storm and almost had a stroke over the window, and Stern ended up sending him a new playfield. When he sold it a few years later, he sold it at full price and I noticed he never mentioned the cloudy window to potential buyers. Guess what he did with the playfield? Sold it at a profit a while after lol. I think I knew a few guys that did this with AC/DC.

#9834 2 years ago

The only way JJP will comment on the pf "tearing art" issue is if the pinball media start reporting on the problem. That's what motivated them to comment back when POTC owners had issues. As for a real resolution (beyond washers), imo that would require legal action.

#9835 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Here is the system for GNR:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/
Installation for most guys is less than an hour with a few common hand tools for the speakers, and the electronics are plug and play.
Shipping to UK is no problem.
Good times!

so pick GnR and that includes everything including the upgraded tweeters? All in 365?

#9836 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also, just to add, if everyone took a deep breath, start writing your distro and JJP via support tickets. Don't just explode on social media. Companies only fix or can adjust to what they can document. If everyone is "blowing up" about playfield issues,

I agree about not blowing up and being unreasonable. BUT, post pics of failed playfields with the art torn off the playfield or the clear pooling in preparation for tearing. Get a long public record of the problem. JJP will not work to ditch Mirco (who, after FOUR GAMES, does not have a solution) without public documentation of clearly unacceptable playfield failures.

I love the pins they put out, but this "tough, send your machine back if you don't like the defective playfields" policy is wrongheaded and it's time to make it clear how widespread the problem with playfield art and clear coming off is by people posting owners of their playfield's clear/art failures. They need to get off Mirco's teat and change where there playfields are made so they can control the path to a solution.

#9837 2 years ago

Few questions for everyone.

#1. How do you qualify extra balls? I got some early on in my play and havent gotten one in quite some time....
#2 Is there anything I can do to impact where the guitar lock balls fall near the flippers? The left side balls always seem to drop sdtm....

Side note- So far my playfield is ok. Will have to check build date but probably April. I dont have a ton of plays yet as I got Stranger Things LE the same weekend as well.

#9838 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

#1. How do you qualify extra balls? I got some early on in my play and havent gotten one in quite some time....

Mystery awards pre-song, spotting all the inlanes in-song (I think!)

Quoted from mbrave77:

#2 Is there anything I can do to impact where the guitar lock balls fall near the flippers? The left side balls always seem to drop sdtm....

I had pretty good results by pinching in the metal guides on the guitar neck a slight amount. This makes the ball contact the center plastic on the way out and steer away from center.

#9839 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Mystery awards pre-song, spotting all the inlanes in-song (I think!)

I had pretty good results by pinching in the metal guides on the guitar neck a slight amount. This makes the ball contact the center plastic on the way out and steer away from center.

thanks, Ill take a look at the guides

#9840 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree about not blowing up and being unreasonable. BUT, post pics of failed playfields with the art torn off the playfield or the clear pooling in preparation for tearing. Get a long public record of the problem. JJP will not work to ditch Mirco (who, after FOUR GAMES, does not have a solution) without public documentation of clearly unacceptable playfield failures.
I love the pins they put out, but this "tough, send your machine back if you don't like the defective playfields" policy is wrongheaded and it's time to make it clear how widespread the problem with playfield art and clear coming off is by people posting owners of their playfield's clear/art failures. They need to get off Mirco's teat and change where there playfields are made so they can control the path to a solution.

I agree it does need to be made public and I continue to post my issues and my solutions while following up behind the scenes..It’s tough when it turns into a feeding frenzy of bashing versus actual people wanting to make a change ...I for one want to see more JJP machines in the future because I think they make some deep involved pins ...if only the creativity could equal the play field build quality.. just find it really puzzling why Mirco is still a vendor or even manages to stay in business

#9841 2 years ago

After Seeing all the Playfield fails i tend to think they suck .

#9842 2 years ago

Posting to let people know. Pooling issue and a guitar neck chip. February build

20210520_103837 (resized).jpg20210520_103837 (resized).jpg20210520_142958 (resized).jpg20210520_142958 (resized).jpg
#9843 2 years ago

Are pinball youtube influencers scared to hit this head on for the community or do they have alternate agendas wanting JJP to fall?
As much as YouTube channels talk about mundane stuff ... you'd think this is a perfect time to get on the journalistic bandwagon and cover this on their programs. Pinside should be a resource for them to get current material And the fact we have April 2021 play fields doing this seems like current news It needs to be talked about.
Eric was on twitch the other night playing his pin And I wonder if he's got any of these issues?

#9844 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I agree it does need to be made public and I continue to post my issues and my solutions while following up behind the scenes..It’s tough when it turns into a feeding frenzy of bashing versus actual people wanting to make a change ...I for one want to see more JJP machines in the future because I think they make some deep involved pins ...if only the creativity could equal the play field build quality.. just find it really puzzling why Mirco is still a vendor or even manages to stay in business

Yeah, it's hard to manage the response to keep the pressure on without pockets of people going bananas (which is unproductive, IMO). Firm, consistent documentation of the problem in pictures and the repeated call to FIX the root cause - Mirco - by changing vendors or bringing it in-house. In house is a long and treacherous road, but if it had started at Wonka, JJP would be well along by now.

Bader is doing good work for Spooky now and seems to have solved their PF issues. Do they have the capacity to take on thousands of PFs for JJP? Can they do a few hundred as a test? CPR does digital playfield printing now and they use great quality wood blanks that don't crater like Stern. Can they help as a partial or total vendor? The solution IS out there, but it doesn't sound or look like Mirco. Bader got less than one machine (ECLE WoZ initial run) before their similar problems had JJP showing them the door. Mirco has had FOUR machines and they're just as bad as they've always been.

Or maybe do a little of all of that with a mix of external vendors (like Stern has done in the past) and bring in a 3rd party playfield clearcoat wizard like kruzman as a consultant to help get their in-house playfield operation going.

It can't keep going like this. JJP HAS to know that by now. And no more excuses from Mirco. None. Four machines of their sub-par work is enough.

#9845 2 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Expect to hear something along the lines of “Put some washers over the damage”

Not an option since the starcrack which keeps getting worse until it wil separate from the playfield originates from the steel guiderail that is wedged into the wooden playfield behind the jam target.

#9846 2 years ago

Thanks for the offer pinball life, but $67US to ship 30 washers doesn't sound too appealing for some reason.

Capturesd (resized).PNGCapturesd (resized).PNG

GladIt'sNotAPlayfieldPunkin

#9847 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks for the offer pinball life, but $67US to ship 30 washers doesn't sound too appealing for some reason.
[quoted image]
GladIt'sNotAPlayfieldPunkin

PM me if you want to ship to me and I'll forward it for you. Should be around $20 from here to you, I'm guessing, but I can get an exact once I have weight. So about $28 total (including the PBL shipping to me and the shipping to you) would be my guess.

#9848 2 years ago

Thanks for the offer, sourced them locally from Ride The Boney Beast.

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/clear-petg-fender-washers-3-4-7-8-1/

#9849 2 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Posting to let people know. Pooling issue and a guitar neck chip. February build
[quoted image][quoted image]

Such a shame, that guitar neck one would bother the sh!t out of me

#9850 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Such a shame, that guitar neck one would bother the sh!t out of me

Mmmm, WTF is causing that ? Ball just rolls off ? or is up post punching the ball ? I don't get it ? reduce power up post ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/197?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.