image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 568.
#9701 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Looks like you are right with the clear taking the art with it and ink not grabbing/printing into the wood= here is mine taking the art with it / glad it is small and can not see it from front side
[quoted image][quoted image]

Unscrew those posts immediately and use Yelobirds technique to remelt the clear before that spreads and the entire circle comes off...And definitely get some bigger washers to spread the load... Those posts get hammered by the ball and they should have had the sling post washers from the factory as well. A steady hand and you can make it look new again

#9702 2 years ago

And you are right . i took it for granted on delivery did not have but one iffy pooling spot . now Three and one tearing art .

Quoted from fooflighter:

This unfortunately is the way. I can attest to no playfield issues other than these post ones. It's better to do this at the very beginning before ball one instead of thinking you may dodge a bullet, you won't.
If you are doing mylar instead of clear PETG or carbon, make sure it is the stiffer, automobilegrade stuff.. The thinner stuff that PBL sells won't hack it.

#9703 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

And you are right . i took it for granted on delivery did not have but one iffy pooling spot . now Three.

Yep, the tears seem to start after about game (unscientific guestimate) 200-250...pooling after 50-175 unfortunately... So even HUO with low plays can disguise themselves if they haven't been protected from the getgo

It's a crummy situation, but you can turn it around with quick action. I'm not making apologies for JJP... They need to do better... But you can fix this and put it behind you.. I've checked all the areas I've fixed when I clean the playfield and they all look perfect with no further degradation.

#9704 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Looks like you are right with the clear taking the art with it and ink not grabbing/printing into the wood= here is mine taking the art with it / glad it is small and can not see it from front side

You definitely need to fix that. If you don't it will get bigger and harder to repair/hide.

It's crazy how JJP showed Bader the door after less than 1 machine's run worth of playfields that failed. They've given Mirco essentially at least THREE machine's runs to fix their problems, and now are telling customers to eat it or they'll just buy it back. That is not how you build a happy customer base.

They need to give Bader another chance now that they're doing great work with Spooky playfields, or experiment with in-house manufacture or SOMETHING they can control better. Mirco doesn't have the answer, obviously.

#9705 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Is yours an earlier run or more recent?

#9706 2 years ago

Reading about all the micro playfield problems...gives me pause. Hopefully JJP is listening and fixing the situation for the future GNRs. If they don’t...guess they just don’t care. Passing the buck doesn’t work here...it is all on JJP.

#9707 2 years ago

Here comes the post where someone says all we have to be heard is our wallet and was long as we buy what's the incentive to change.....

So anyway, I wonder when mine will ship so I can work on fixing it.

#9708 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hopefully JJP is listening and fixing the situation for the future GNRs.

They aren’t. They said the CEs would be perfect. They aren’t. And it’s all on you if yours is messed up, so I would make sure you’re okay with the risk.

#9709 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They aren’t. They said the CEs would be perfect. They aren’t. And it’s all on you if yours is messed up, so I would make sure you’re okay with the risk.

Hhmmmm...I have months until mine is shipped...maybe I will spend my money elsewhere. Love the theme, but if the company is saying f-you to those spending good money, there are other companies that will stand behind their pins. Competition is a good thing.

#9710 2 years ago

Playfield issues suck. I hope all are able to repair the affected areas. Personally I’ve not seen the issue with the inlane post until now. That one is rough for sure.

JJP has not shown they are willing to do much more than send washer kits so far unfortunately.

#9711 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Here comes the post where someone says all we have to be heard is our wallet and was long as we buy what's the incentive to change.....
So anyway, I wonder when mine will ship so I can work on fixing it.

Uuummm. Yah. Economics 101. No money, no company. But ok, I am thinking about changing my spending habits...I don’t expect to change JJP, just my own economics...and what I do with my money.

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

At this point, I wish they would do like Stern and remove the artwork also. The rest of the playfield is beautiful, it just can't withstand pinpoint direct pressure or lateral pressures at small focus points. Kind of like high heels on a hardwood floor... You're going to get marks and deformations...

Thank you for posting your playfield issues and fixes. It is still the same playfield issues from JJP as the last few years. It is people like you posting the issues that makes the rest of us more aware. Good on you.

#9713 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thank you for posting your playfield issues and fixes. It is still the same playfield issues from JJP as the last few years. It is people like you posting the issues that makes the rest of us more aware. Good on you.

Thanks addicted...While I don't like the issues and wish they were reveresed...it is what it is for now. I try to post the issues, but then try to arrive at fixes or solutions and make the best out of it instead of beating dead horses. I did write Barry Engler and he told me he was addressing the production line about the problem with possible over torqued posts, however, I'm afraid it's deeper than the assembly process and needs a deep internal look at the playfield manufacturing process at its core.

Stern adjusted their playfields mid cycle on the JP rollout, at the same time Wonka was shipping with the same pooling issues..and I got a JP playfield with thin clear and no art around the posts...It has been solid to this day.

I think JJP needs to halt the assembly line...take the hit and ship the playfields back to Mirco and get them to either redesign the post/art points or look elsewhere for a supplier.

I will continue to play my machine warts and all, it is a beautiful glassy playfield, albeit on the slightly soft under pressure side...

#9714 2 years ago

Hey all, question. If I install these washers you are all talking about before playing the game I will not have these problems with playfield I keep reading about. Thanks for your input on this .

#9715 2 years ago

What is strange is that both kinds of posts, the kind that bolt through the playfield and the T-nut screwed in posts both exhibit the same pooling tearing behavior.

If it is a post that is open to receiving a ball hit and it is in any way contacting the play surface, it has a very good chance (80% I would say) of providing enough sideways force at the point of contact to slough off the clear...art and all.

What that means to me is the clear is just very viscous. It actually melts fairly quickly under the heat of a vinyl iron

I really think LOTR had the best solution where the post did not contact the playfield. If the clear is "as good as it can get " under the current environmental restrictions, they need to figure out a way to provide solutions with minimal playfield to apparatus contact.

#9716 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think JJP needs to halt the assembly line...take the hit and ship the playfields back to Mirco and get them to either redesign the post/art points or look elsewhere for a supplier.

Mirco just can't do it. He's had 3 machine runs over YEARS to fix it and it's almost the same now as it was on Wonka. All he has is excuses. JJP needs to see if Bader can do some as a trial while still keeping the line running with Mircos. If the trial works (and there's every reason to believe it will) drop Mirco. If Bader can't handle the extra work, look at bringing it in-house. That's a treacherous road, but doing SOMETHING is required now. The time for inaction on this long-running JJP/Mirco issue is past.

#9717 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hey all, question. If I install these washers you are all talking about before playing the game I will not have these problems with playfield I keep reading about. Thanks for your input on this .

Nothing is a guarantee but I would say you are eliminating 95% (maybe more) of the risk.

I rescrew everything just snug hand tight (thumb and two fingers) - so far nothing has come loose - I always check when I'm cleaning which is about every 50 - 75 games. So far so good and no impressions of the larger washers.

You can actually see the point of contact in this (extreme closeup) photo of the PETG with the playfield (the dark ring) - that isn't a bubble or pooling, its the most direct contact portion of the playfield to the washer...so there may be a micro thin area towards the outer edges of the disk spreading from that contact point that is not contacting the playfield at all ...instead the point of contact is angled and spread out by the PETG fender to the sidewall of the hole, diminishing contact force outward from the post versus a direct hard contact point on the edge of the post where the pounds per square inch of force would definitely be greater especially during a ball strike.

20210512_130059 (resized).jpg20210512_130059 (resized).jpg

#9718 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks addicted...While I don't like the issues and wish they were reveresed...it is what it is for now. I try to post the issues, but then try to arrive at fixes or solutions and make the best out of it instead of beating dead horses. I did write Barry Engler and he told me he was addressing the production line about the problem with possible over torqued posts, however, I'm afraid it's deeper than the assembly process and needs a deep internal look at the playfield manufacturing process at its core.
Stern adjusted their playfields mid cycle on the JP rollout, at the same time Wonka was shipping with the same pooling issues..and I got a JP playfield with thin clear and no art around the posts...It has been solid to this day.
I will continue to play my machine warts and all, it is a beautiful glassy playfield, albeit on the slightly soft under pressure side...

JJP will not stop production, people are screaming for their games as most people are not on Pinside and would not notice pooling and chipping. That is the sad reality of the situation. JJP and Mirco know it. We do not want to let a bit of pooling or chipping stop us from enjoying the hobby either. The best machines ever made have come out in the last few years, we want to enjoy them.

#9719 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

JJP will not stop production, people are screaming for their games as most people are not on Pinside and would not notice pooling and chipping. That is the sad reality of the situation. JJP and Mirco know it. We do not want to let a bit of pooling or chipping stop us from enjoying the hobby either. The best machines ever made have come out in the last few years, we want to enjoy them.

That's the catch 22, I love my pins and play the heck out of them and will continue to do so, even knowing what I know, but always hoping for a fix. Guilty as charged but life is short and I gotta flip

#9720 2 years ago

I personally would be ok with waiting an extra year if it meant getting a PF that I don’t have to worry about. I’m in no rush.

But I’m also pretty confident in Foo’s solution plus using an iron if needed. And I doubt most buyers would be as patient for a fix.

I wonder if JJP will partially pivot like Stern and change the art to avoid ink around posts for better clear adhesion. Didn’t Stern make that adjustment between different Deadpool runs?

#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I personally would be ok with waiting an extra year if it meant getting a PF that I don’t have to worry about. I’m in no rush.
But I’m also pretty confident in Foo’s solution plus using an iron if needed. And I doubt most buyers would be as patient for a fix.
I wonder if JJP will partially pivot like Stern and change the art to avoid ink around posts for better clear adhesion. Didn’t Stern make that adjustment between different Deadpool runs?

Not sure about DP - but I know they definitely did it during JP - fingers crossed - however Stern has more in house direct control over their fields I think.

#9722 2 years ago

So is production steady on the GNR's right now or what? We are not seeing or hearing of any USA Unboxings, with the exception of one here and there.... not what we were supposed to be seeing this month!

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

So is production steady on the GNR's right now or what? We are not seeing or hearing of any USA Unboxings, with the exception of one here and there.... not what we were supposed to be seeing this month!

They were doing overseas for a while. US unboxings should start trickling in again soon.

#9724 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They were doing overseas for a while. US unboxings should start trickling in again soon.

Trickling...water

Water...pool

Pool...playfield...

Playfield pooling

Ahhh Triggered

#9725 2 years ago

Note for those attempting the iron method for pooling.

Be very very careful...the iron gets really hot rather quickly. If you press, it is going to leave a ring. Just barely touch the pooled clear, you want to go very slowly and only use 3-4 second applications and let it cool between heating. For really small areas, I even turn the iron on the side and work only with the edge just feathering the area needing work. I almost let the thing rest on it's own weight in my hand and just guide it where I need it...but please don't press, or you could end up with something that a washer won't cover

If you need the practice, take off the apron and try it there first.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9726 2 years ago

What are the exact clear washers, size and where to get theses.

#9727 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I would like to know too and the link.

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Note for those attempting the iron method for pooling.
Be very very careful...the iron gets really hot rather quickly. If you press, it is going to leave a ring. Just barely touch the pooled clear, you want to go very slowly and only use 3-4 second applications and let it cool between heating. For really small areas, I even turn the iron on the side and work only with the edge just feathering the area needing work. I almost let the thing rest on it's own weight in my hand and just guide it where I need it...but please don't press, or you could end up with something that a washer won't cover
If you need the practice, take off the apron and try it there first.

Thanks for the tip fooflighter. I have the iron, mylar rings, and washers ready to go. It depends on how the two tears looks after I settle them flush to the pf, but probably won't be using clear washers on those particular posts. I love pinball projects... seriously!

#9729 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That area takes a lot of abuse. Before anyone flips a ball on their pin, they should put PETG clear's (3/4) inch under any posts they can, and if not those, then larger metal or carbon. I like the look of the hard clears and they disperse the weight properly. This one requires a little notch to fit but it stays put and this is after 400 games with no further wear
[quoted image]
The other areas that are a must are the ones near the pop bumbers and all the posts just north of the slings on both sides of the playfield. If you can reach it easily, cover it with clear PETG. There is some minor disassembly in some hard to reach areas, but this beats disassembly and touch up.
It sucks but you have to play an active role in the preservation/damage mitigation process. It's not if this will happen for certain areas but when. But you can stop it before it starts
The rest of the field looks amazing, just these post areas all take a hit
Heat it up with an iron or some carefully directed blasts from a heat gun then cover it up...I covered mine at the first sign of pooling
Here's some more samples:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's insane that at these prices we have to apply clear washers. I know it helps cut down on issues but it's also ugly, at these prices we shouldn't have to do this. I have a $9500 LE spot that should be shipping next month and I'm now strongly considering canceling it over these issues.

#9730 2 years ago

Shrek topper coming soon!

186918445_4420002508018311_3521020544331996858_n (resized).jpg186918445_4420002508018311_3521020544331996858_n (resized).jpg
#9731 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Shrek topper coming soon![quoted image]

Damn, I was really hoping it would say "Better Playfields Coming Soon" lol.

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I got the 3/4".
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Got my nasty bit of playfield pooling.
138 Games in, on a CE PF.
“How disappointing” call out on CONGO is the only thing that comes to mind. should I just flatten it out and stick a piece of Mylar before replacing the post? Hope the other side stays intact.

I'm sorry to hear you are having that issue. JJP should at the minimum send you a fully populated playfield and if not buy back the game. A washer "fix" kit is unacceptable.

Could you please share your games build date? Also, does anyone else know if the latest GNR's are coming with washers installed from the factory at that location?

#9734 2 years ago

For the record, my LE have same issues:
- pooling at the left inlane
- 3 posts with pooling and art tearing
- other spots of pooling (not in visible areas)

#9735 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

For the record, my LE have same issues:
- pooling at the left inlane
- 3 posts with pooling and art tearing
- other spots of pooling (not in visible areas)

Sorry to hear that Can you please share your games build date?

#9736 2 years ago

Dec.2020

#9737 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Thanks for the tip fooflighter. I have the iron, mylar rings, and washers ready to go. It depends on how the two tears looks after I settle them flush to the pf, but probably won't be using clear washers on those particular posts. I love pinball projects... seriously!

I started with the mylar and it bunches up under the clear washers. I have since used just the iron and clear washers and that seems to do the trick with no further issue.

#9738 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's insane that at these prices we have to apply clear washers. I know it helps cut down on issues but it's also ugly, at these prices we shouldn't have to do this. I have a $9500 LE spot that should be shipping next month and I'm now strongly considering canceling it over these issues.

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to offer a solution. I agree it stinks at this price level, but it is what is is for now. I'm just trying to provide a solution for people who want to keep their games. I do hope this is addressed going forward

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

but it's also ugly

Here are some photos with different color schemes from my players perspective 1st person. Again, not making excuses at all...but once fixed...you don't see the washers during play unless looking for them
20210519_104102 (resized).jpg20210519_104102 (resized).jpg20210519_104106 (resized).jpg20210519_104106 (resized).jpg20210519_104237 (resized).jpg20210519_104237 (resized).jpg

#9739 2 years ago

What increases your ball save time when you're playing a song???

#9740 2 years ago

my CE is 375 but #sFeb 2021 .
I think the problem is with all of them .No matter of build date .

Quoted from mostater:

Is yours an earlier run or more recent?

#9741 2 years ago

Ooooh. Goody!!! Things are gonna get even more cooler soon. Can't wait to find the time to install these bad boys.
Thanks Pin Monk.

20210519_175425 (resized).jpg20210519_175425 (resized).jpg20210519_175508 (resized).jpg20210519_175508 (resized).jpg20210519_175515 (resized).jpg20210519_175515 (resized).jpg

#9742 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Ooooh. Goody!!! Things are gonna get even more cooler soon. Can't wait to find the time to install these bad boys.
Thanks Pin Monk.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can't wait for mine. That is some nice packaging as well.

I was playing last night on Beta code 8 (inline with 1.22) and was getting some pretty good flipper fade (don't have the kit installed yet). I need some Tahitian Breeze in my life

#9743 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Ooooh. Goody!!! Things are gonna get even more cooler soon. Can't wait to finx ghe time to install these bad boys.
Thanks Pin Monk.

I ordered mine the day after he put them back in the store. Hope mine ship soon. I really like to backhand the left ramp and thats much harder after I play for more than 30 minutes.

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I ordered mine the day after he put them back in the store. Hope mine ship soon. I really like to backhand the left ramp and thats much harder after I play for more than 30 minutes.

Do you boost your left flipper strength up from default..I can just barely get up the left ramp on a trapped backhand

#9745 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:Do you boost your left flipper strength up from default..I can just barely get up the left ramp on a trapped backhand

My order was from the first order day. My flippers are set to 1 setting above standard.

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to offer a solution. I agree it stinks at this price level, but it is what is is for now. I'm just trying to provide a solution for people who want to keep their games. I do hope this is addressed going forward

Here are some photos with different color schemes from my players perspective 1st person. Again, not making excuses at all...but once fixed...you don't see the washers during play unless looking for them

I apologize for getting grumpy with my original comment. Thanks for offering a fix for owners.

#9747 2 years ago

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134

Would these work too? When I ordered my Titans prior to game delivery, I got these washers from them too so this is readily available from whereas ordering the ones mentioned from pinball life could take more than a month before I’ll get them delivered over to my side of the world. I don’t want to touch the game til I sort this out.
Sad it’s the way it’s gotta be, but it is what it is. anyway, would these do the trick in your opinion?

Quoted from fooflighter:

Unscrew those posts immediately and use Yelobirds technique to remelt the clear before that spreads and the entire circle comes off...And definitely get some bigger washers to spread the load... Those posts get hammered by the ball and they should have had the sling post washers from the factory as well. A steady hand and you can make it look new again

#9748 2 years ago

Looks like JJP will be releasing some art blades this summer along with the rest of the accessories. I know many will go crazy over the topper but I would love more options for art blades. I commended on the post stating we need art blades and they hinted they were coming too. Looking forward to see what they come up with. Almost went black mirror blades but I need to adjust my front lockdown mechanism to center the playfield in the cabinet to give me even clearance as it’s a bit tight to start with. Already tweaked the playfield arms and that only gave me a half mil of space in the front right where it is practically touching the side of the cabinet. Not enough for a mirror blade. That slowed me down just enough to see the tease on the accessories release.

In the meantime I can order some clear washers and have the fun of installing them instead. About 300 plays in with no issues but I guess it’s cheap is insurance.

#9749 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134
Would these work too? When I ordered my Titans prior to game delivery, I got these washers from them too so this is readily available from whereas ordering the ones mentioned from pinball life could take more than a month before I’ll get them delivered over to my side of the world. I don’t want to touch the game til I sort this out.
Sad it’s the way it’s gotta be, but it is what it is. anyway, would these do the trick in your opinion?

Those look like a perfect solution as well in the same size and also PETG. I'm not sure of the thickness size of the PB life ones that I installed, not sure if they are .06" like the Titans as I don't have a caliper measure at the ready

#9750 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm sorry to hear you are having that issue. JJP should at the minimum send you a fully populated playfield and if not buy back the game. A washer "fix" kit is unacceptable.
Could you please share your games build date? Also, does anyone else know if the latest GNR's are coming with washers installed from the factory at that location?

I’m in Israel so getting the game back, and the additional shipping and tax it cost me in the first place, wouldn’t make it worth anyone’s while. it’s VERY disappointing to say the least. But it is what it is. My build date is a mix of December (decals,printed date) and January (hand written date on larger back box decal). It’s a CE, so they’re not prone to anything if anyone thought that. And I’ve since noticed another two or three posts that are still 100% in tact, but a formation building around them can be seen if you’re now inspecting it closely. I hardly have 138 games and this is already happening, I plan on keeping this one for at least twenty years going forward but seeing someone’s post here with the mic pooling around the magnet? What washer will I need then? I’m only a month in!

Why don’t we all just get a white wood of gnr and call it even? I’d be happy with a bare pf rather than a worn,chipped,pooled out one any day. Just as much as I’m into playing pinball, I really am drawn to the hobby for the art, the aesthetics, the pop culture , THE DETAILS. So this really bums me.
This is the first thing I’ve really mentioned, I was ok with all the rest of the problems. Mylar on the drumsticks, rubbers, diverter/left ramp, my lockbar not fitting properly for the latch to lock, but this one is really upsetting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/195?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.