IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 569.
#9651 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

That is likely the the only moment that GnR appeared darker than the other 3 pins and you managed to capture it in a still! Congrats!

Probably using the pin stadium before/after filter

#9652 2 years ago

Ok, just looking for an estimate. When did the latest receive their GNR and when did they order it? Lots in the mix and selling to make room...if it’s a year off that’s ok, just trying to estimate. Thanks!

#9653 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, just looking for an estimate. When did the latest receive their GNR and when did they order it? Lots in the mix and selling to make room...if it’s a year off that’s ok, just trying to estimate. Thanks!

We have seen a few late October LE orders arrive recently. Standards are actually in stock with some distros.

#9654 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

We have seen a few late October LE orders arrive recently. Standards are actually in stock with some distros.

Thanks...that helps...6-7 months estimate.

#9655 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Day 1 LEs still being shipped with varied LEs from late October. Very few LEs shipped from later than October (a couple people reported getting them). Standards appear to be available sooner. CEs are available on the market for $18-$20K. I think the 6-7 month estimate is probably accurate

#9656 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks...that helps...6-7 months estimate.

Depends on the distributor really. It’s not one big line. It’s one line per distributor. So if you’re a day one order with a large distributor you could be in a line of 50 ppl and that distributor gets a bank of 5 games at a time. Or, if you bought with a small distributor you could be in a line of 10 getting 5 games per run. Now if you ordered straight from JJP, chances are you are in one big mofo line.

#9657 2 years ago

Hey y'all - for you LE owners or soon-to-be... Thought I'd offer a heads up that there's a sweet start button that Bill from SuperSkillShot.com developed and if you want a lamp controller for it (to make it pulse or whatever you like - instead of just blink...), I have those available in the shop! They're a super quick install that make use of an available connector.

Start button:
https://superskillshot.com/products/gus-n-roses-start-button?_pos=2&_sid=3f96ba806&_ss=r&variant=39297866268735

Lamp controller mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/05089-lamp-control-mod-for-jjp-gnr-robot-eye-start-button

Recommended Red-colored LED (if it didn't come with your start button):
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-and-subminiature-bulbs/194-led-bulb-1-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/197/848/

#9658 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Joined the club
[quoted image]

Congrats man.. Awesome line up of bands!

#9659 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Day 1 LEs still being shipped with varied LEs from late October. Very few LEs shipped from later than October (a couple people reported getting them). Standards appear to be available sooner. CEs are available on the market for $18-$20K. I think the 6-7 month estimate is probably accurate

I'm a JJP ordered on 12/30 and told "sometime this fall ship date" .. I'm under the impression from posts here they have spent time recently completing CE orders and then focused on international ... So if they ramp up LE domestically hopefully a Feb order could be 7 months... But might be 9. Regardless, It's great to keep seeing these ",joined the club" posts more often!

#9660 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:Hey y'all - for you LE owners or soon-to-be... Thought I'd offer a heads up that there's a sweet start button that Bill from SuperSkillShot.com developed and if you want a lamp controller for it (to make it pulse or whatever you like - instead of just blink...), I have those available in the shop! They're a super quick install that make use of an available connector.

Start button:
https://superskillshot.com/products/gus-n-roses-start-button?_pos=2&_sid=3f96ba806&_ss=r&variant=39297866268735
Lamp controller mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/05089-lamp-control-mod-for-jjp-gnr-robot-eye-start-button
Recommended Red-colored LED (if it didn't come with your start button):
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-and-subminiature-bulbs/194-led-bulb-1-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/197/848/

That is so T2- love it!

#9661 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Depends on the distributor really. It’s not one big line. It’s one line per distributor. So if you’re a day one order with a large distributor you could be in a line of 50 ppl and that distributor gets a bank of 5 games at a time. Or, if you bought with a small distributor you could be in a line of 10 getting 5 games per run. Now if you ordered straight from JJP, chances are you are in one big mofo line.

This is definitely true.
I ordered an LE the Friday after release through a distributor not known for distributing JJP and got mine last month. My dad ordered an LE the day of release through a well known JJP distributor and is still waiting.

#9662 2 years ago

Got my nasty bit of playfield pooling.
138 Games in, on a CE PF.

“How disappointing” call out on CONGO is the only thing that comes to mind. should I just flatten it out and stick a piece of Mylar before replacing the post? Hope the other side stays intact.

59A4EE85-F33C-4DB1-9B1B-F3FE1CCD54A3 (resized).jpeg59A4EE85-F33C-4DB1-9B1B-F3FE1CCD54A3 (resized).jpeg69AF72B7-5B5C-4C58-BF30-AB66F622BF08 (resized).jpeg69AF72B7-5B5C-4C58-BF30-AB66F622BF08 (resized).jpeg

#9663 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

“How disappointing” call out on CONGO is the only thing that comes to mind. should I just flatten it out and out Mylar before replacing the post? Hope the other side stays intact.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#9664 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now if you ordered straight from JJP, chances are you are in one big mofo line.

I ordered direct from JJP...so I’m mashed in that big mofo line. Thanks everyone, this helps a lot with estimating when I’ll need the room.

#9665 2 years ago

“How disappointing” call out on CONGO is the only thing that comes to mind. should I just flatten it out and stick a piece of Mylar before replacing the post? Hope the other side stays intact.

Damn. Was the post loose?

#9666 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I ordered Oct 12, and haven't heard anything yet.

#9667 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Same day heard nothing yet

#9668 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Damn. Was the post loose?

Not at all. Maybe too tight?

#9669 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Just checked... My invoice states 10/14 order date. I've been playing this game since Christmas, almost 1000 plays already.

#9670 2 years ago

That area takes a lot of abuse. Before anyone flips a ball on their pin, they should put PETG clear's (3/4) inch under any posts they can, and if not those, then larger metal or carbon. I like the look of the hard clears and they disperse the weight properly. This one requires a little notch to fit but it stays put and this is after 400 games with no further wear

20210518_112719 (resized).jpg20210518_112719 (resized).jpg

The other areas that are a must are the ones near the pop bumbers and all the posts just north of the slings on both sides of the playfield. If you can reach it easily, cover it with clear PETG. There is some minor disassembly in some hard to reach areas, but this beats disassembly and touch up.
It sucks but you have to play an active role in the preservation/damage mitigation process. It's not if this will happen for certain areas but when. But you can stop it before it starts

The rest of the field looks amazing, just these post areas all take a hit

Heat it up with an iron or some carefully directed blasts from a heat gun then cover it up...I covered mine at the first sign of pooling

Here's some more samples:
20210511_205944 (resized).jpg20210511_205944 (resized).jpg20210511_212948 (resized).jpg20210511_212948 (resized).jpg20210512_130059 (resized).jpg20210512_130059 (resized).jpg20210512_130128 (resized).jpg20210512_130128 (resized).jpg20210512_130200 (resized).jpg20210512_130200 (resized).jpg
20210516_215916 (resized).jpg20210516_215916 (resized).jpg

#9671 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That area takes a lot of abuse. Before anyone flips a ball on their pin, they should put PETG clear's (3/4) inch under any posts they can, and if not those, then larger metal or carbon. I like the look of the hard clears and they disperse the weight properly. This one requires a little notch to fit but it stays put and this is after 400 games with no further wear
[quoted image]
The other areas that are a must are the ones near the pop bumbers and all the posts just north of the slings on both sides of the playfield. If you can reach it easily, cover it with clear PETG. There is some minor disassembly in some hard to reach areas, but this beats disassembly and touch up.
It sucks but you have to play an active role in the preservation/damage mitigation process. It's not if this will happen for certain areas but when. But you can stop it before it starts
The rest of the field looks amazing, just these post areas all take a hit
Heat it up with an iron or some carefully directed blasts from a heat gun then cover it up...I covered mine at the first sign of pooling
Here's some more samples:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

About to order some of these from pinball life. How did you make the notch for the in-lane one?

#9672 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Yes, every single one of them. Some multiple times. Some straight out of the box. Some before they're even built.

Someone needs to post pictures of this playfield repair. Before and after. They all do it. Left in lane post.

I'm going to mylar and modify a black plastic washer.

#9673 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

About to order some of these from pinball life. How did you make the notch for the in-lane one?

I used some wire cutters and made a very small slit, then used an emory board to score/file the notch along the slit until it was the correct fit. One of those trial an error things until it fit perfect

#9674 2 years ago

Unfortunately, for all of their efforts Mirco hasn't solved this issue yet. I do believe that Mirco is trying very hard to figure this out. But in the meantime owners with defective playfields are not getting the support they deserve from either JJP or Mirco. Saying this is sufficiently addressed with washers is a lame cop out, not a solution. This playfield is defective, we all know it, JJP knows it, Mirco knows it.

#9675 2 years ago

Wow, that is nasty. The premium Mirco quality shining through the cracks in the torn clear and lifted art. No idea why JJP doesn't dump Mirco and give Bader another try. It literally cannot be worse than this. Spooky PF's Bader supplies seem to be fine now. JJP could have both Bader and Mirco supplying playfields as a test in a transition period, even. I can't believe JJP is going to pump out another 3000 or whatever jjGnR machines with known crappy playfields from Mirco. FIX IT. They're not powerless.

Repair process detailed here, but you might need to use some superglue to set the fragments once you get them flattened out, before the mylar goes on:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9676 2 years ago

Finally broke the 100 million tonight. Blew through paradise city and collected 79 million jackpot. Also as result got my first max song level in night train but lost 30 million there on account of a multidrain. Nevertheless new target to aim for. Only regret is that i did not start scorbit.

20210518_225910 (resized).jpg20210518_225910 (resized).jpg20210518_225917 (resized).jpg20210518_225917 (resized).jpg

#9677 2 years ago

Excellent. I've only got 99 million to go to catch you.

#9678 2 years ago

So About these issues with the Playfield Posts and art Peeling from around them . I had only pooling at one place on Delivery but now the Post up Top Under AXL The one between A and X to the top right of the extra Ball Light i just discovered it Getting bad around that one post as well as above the Left Inlane between AMP and GNR and will most likely utilize your method but why is this happening ?
Looked so smooth and great on Delivery and now doing this . Looked as it was cured and dried properly !

#9679 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:Ok, just looking for an estimate. When did the latest receive their GNR and when did they order it? Lots in the mix and selling to make room...if it’s a year off that’s ok, just trying to estimate. Thanks!

Ordered mine last Wednesday got it on Friday

#9680 2 years ago

Seeing this is really making me question my purchase of a LE, especially with the reports that JJP are doing nothing to resolve the issue with Mirco.

#9681 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Finally broke the 100 million tonight. Blew through paradise city and collected 79 million jackpot. Also as result got my first max song level in night train but lost 30 million there on account of a multidrain. Nevertheless new target to aim for. Only regret is that i did not start scorbit.

That’s a beast of a game! I got a 40 million applause jackpot on Mr Brownstone and still finished the game at 42 million yesterday...

#9682 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Seeing this is really making me question my purchase of a LE, especially with the reports that JJP are doing nothing to resolve the issue with Mirco.

Me as well. How pervasive of an issue is this? Is it really not just if but when this will happen?

#9683 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

So About these issues with the Playfield Posts and art Peeling from around them . I had only pooling at one place on Delivery but now the Post up Top Under AXL The one between A and X to the top right of the extra Ball Light i just discovered it Getting bad around that one post as well as above the Left Inlane between AMP and GNR and will most likely utilize your method but why is this happening ?
Looked so smooth and great on Delivery and now doing this . Looked as it was cured and dried properly !

On this one it looks like the art and clear both came off the playfield, so the art isn't grabbing the wood, either. This is the same problem Bader had on the original run ECLE WoZ where chunks of the playfield art and clear just came off the playfield and left clean wood underneath. It's the reason JJP parted ways with Bader pretty quickly. I have NO IDEA why JJP is letting Mirco get away with this same crap for FOUR MACHINES NOW. It's been an issue since Dialed In (chipping on Dialed In, pooling on Wonka and jjGnR, and chipping/pooling on jjPotC).

It's especially mystifying since Bader seems to have gotten the issue under control on the playfields they supply to Spooky. Why not show Mirco the door and give Bader another go? Mirco is just one excuse after another.

#9684 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Me as well. How pervasive of an issue is this? Is it really not just if but when this will happen?

I am not sure but this is why I like Pinside. Some Pinsiders are willing to post their issues so the rest of us get to see them and the result of what their distro or manufacturer did to make it right (or not).

Hopefully JJP remove the art around the posts and ball guides soon. This alone will give me a little more confidence as I do not have much faith in the JJP warranty when it comes to playfields. We are way down the list for a LE and I am actually liking it. It means we get time to see if the issues are resolved or not.

#9685 2 years ago

Too tight, too loose, Friday afternoon, full moon?
Give me a break!
Clueless springs to mind.

#9686 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Too tight, too loose, Friday afternoon, full moon?
Give me a break!
Clueless springs to mind.

It's not an assembly issue, it's Mirco's crap playfield quality. You can clearly see the art and clear detached from the wood. That's on Mirco.

#9687 2 years ago

Considering the number of playfield with manufacturing defects, is there any class action to have Mirco do the right thing ?

#9688 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Considering the number of playfield with manufacturing defects, is there any class action to have Mirco do the right thing ?

German company. Good luck with that one. And since JJP is the one that sold it to customers, they are your point of contact, not Mirco, anyway.

If you're in Europe, you may have some recourse due to better consumer protections.

#9689 2 years ago

It seems unbelievable that JJP cannot make Mirco liable for so many playfield manufacturing issues.

#9690 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not an assembly issue, it's Mirco's crap playfield quality. You can clearly see the art and clear detached from the wood. That's on Mirco.

No, it’s on JJP, the buck stops with the vendor.
Bad business decision making processes.
You have a bad batch of hard drives, you don’t keep pumping them out.

#9691 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

No, it’s on JJP, the buck stops with the vendor.
Bad business decision making processes.
You have a bad batch of hard drives, you don’t keep pumping them out.

No I completely agree it's on JJP for still pushing out these Mirco crap playfields when there are other options, but the issue pictured is because the playfield Mirco supplied is crap, not because of JJP's assembly on top of it.

#9692 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am not sure but this is why I like Pinside. Some Pinsiders are willing to post their issues so the rest of us get to see them and the result of what their distro or manufacturer did to make it right (or not).
Hopefully JJP remove the art around the posts and ball guides soon. This alone will give me a little more confidence as I do not have much faith in the JJP warranty when it comes to playfields. We are way down the list for a LE and I am actually liking it. It means we get time to see if the issues are resolved or not.

At this point, I wish they would do like Stern and remove the artwork also. The rest of the playfield is beautiful, it just can't withstand pinpoint direct pressure or lateral pressures at small focus points. Kind of like high heels on a hardwood floor... You're going to get marks and deformations...

#9693 2 years ago

Does JJP have a click and bang playtest room like Stern? I'd be curious to see.

#9694 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No I completely agree it's on JJP for still pushing out these Mirco crap playfields when there are other options, but the issue pictured is because the playfield Mirco supplied is crap, not because of JJP's assembly on top of it.

Yes, I think everyone is tired of the excuses, which is the point I was trying to make.
Mirco, JJP...... whatever. Customers don’t want to have stress, just enjoyment for the price tag.
They clearly haven’t got a handle of the situation.

#9695 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yes, I think everyone is tired of the excuses, which is the point I was trying to make.
Mirco, JJP...... whatever. Customers don’t want to have stress, just enjoyment for the price tag.
They clearly haven’t got a handle of the situation.

The crazy thing is they don't even seem to be TRYING to find a new vendor solution, just swallowing Mirco's excuse-of-the-week and soldiering on, while now letting their customer eat the defects since they won't replace playfields with this damage now.

It's ridiculous. Worst case, they should 50-50 the number of playfields remaining to be made for jjGnR between Mirco and Bader and see if the newer Bader playfields hold up like they have for Spooky (with one quickly-remedied exception). If they do, show Mirco the door and gain back some customer trust JJP is rapidly pissing away with these non-stop crappy playfield issues for literally no good reason.

#9696 2 years ago

Well, there’s a big container destined for UK full of JJP GnRs landing in a few weeks.
Loaded with CE+ LEs .... one of which has my name on it.
Take a deep breath..... lol.

#9697 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Well, there’s a big container destined for UK full of JJP GnRs landing in a few weeks.
Loaded with CE+ LEs .... one of which has my name on it.
Take a deep breath..... lol.

I know the general rule is if it ain't broke don't fix it, but when I get mine, I will be removing all the posts I can get to and using yelobird's vinyl iron technique to "set" the clear and then mylar around the posts before I play ball 1.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

The documentation of Mirco clear and art problems on their playfields now is too widespread and consistent to ignore and hope it doesn't hit yours.

#9698 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know the general rule is if it ain't broke don't fix it, but when I get mine, I will be removing all the posts I can get to and using yelobird's vinyl iron technique to "set" the clear and then mylar around the posts before I play ball 1.
The documentation of Mirco clear and art problems on their playfields now is too widespread and consistent to ignore and hope it doesn't hit yours.

This unfortunately is the way. I can attest to no playfield issues other than these post ones. It's better to do this at the very beginning before ball one instead of thinking you may dodge a bullet, you won't.

If you are doing mylar instead of clear PETG or carbon, make sure it is the stiffer, automobilegrade stuff.. The thinner stuff that PBL sells won't hack it.

#9699 2 years ago

And Just like that... I find myself in this thread.
Just paid for an L.E.
What are the things I should know, replace, change when I get mine in July? TIA

Good to be part of this group.

#9700 2 years ago

Looks like you are right with the clear taking the art with it and ink not grabbing/printing into the wood= here is mine taking the art with it / glad it is small and can not see it from front side

Quoted from PinMonk:On this one it looks like the art and clear both came off the playfield, so the art isn't grabbing the wood, either. This is the same problem Bader had on the original run ECLE WoZ where chunks of the playfield art and clear just came off the playfield and left clean wood underneath. It's the reason JJP parted ways with Bader pretty quickly. I have NO IDEA why JJP is letting Mirco get away with this same crap for FOUR MACHINES NOW. It's been an issue since Dialed In (chipping on Dialed In, pooling on Wonka and jjGnR, and chipping/pooling on jjPotC).
It's especially mystifying since Bader seems to have gotten the issue under control on the playfields they supply to Spooky. Why not show Mirco the door and give Bader another go? Mirco is just one excuse after another.

20210518_201717 (resized).jpg20210518_201717 (resized).jpg20210518_201723 (resized).jpg20210518_201723 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/194?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.