IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 569.
#9601 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I was thinking the same thing that there should be teeth. I haven’t made any of these as I don’t have a printer so not sure if they work. I asked some guys on another thread to see if they had the CAD files and they were nice enough to share.
Any idea what they use on the gear of the servo? Is that just some heat shrink?

The WMPC has a 3D printer

#9602 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Huh? Heat shrink?
It's a toothy gear with a screw hole in it.[quoted image]

My stock Coronas had white rubber around the gear of the servo. Kinda resembled heat shrink based on the texture. I pulled it off and put it on the new servo. Yours came stock with the white hobby kings so maybe mine was left over from an earlier run. Weird

#9603 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

The WMPC has a 3D printer

Sweet! I’m hoping to stop by one of these fridays!

#9604 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sweet! I’m hoping to stop by one of these fridays!

Make sure to let us know in advance, I think Andy has the printer at his house currently as he’s making a variety of pinball posts.

#9605 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Do you know where I am?!? I’m in the jungle baby! [quoted image]

Lovely! Now how bout a view of it among the 15 games in your collection?

#9606 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

And then tell me which of the 34 previous pins you owned that you most regret parting with?

#9607 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

My stock Coronas had white rubber around the gear of the servo. Kinda resembled heat shrink based on the texture. I pulled it off and put it on the new servo. Yours came stock with the white hobby kings so maybe mine was left over from an earlier run. Weird

Huh. Yeah mine has nothing like that.

#9608 2 years ago
Quoted from arqpuebla:

Greatings!!
GNR CE Side Blades
Mine just got hurt!! Anyone knows were to get a new set? My distributor told me that a spare set was included with the machine. Mine not.
Any of you with a CE can confirm me please if it came with a spare set of side blades?
THANKS for any help!![quoted image]

These are a must when lifting the playfield, especially GnR.. Sharp edges in the back and tight quarters...

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#9609 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

That would be tough since they’re in various rooms, but here is one of the lineup in the room
that it’s in... 6189EC37-E1AA-40D9-B408-7B16C6596AC9 (resized).jpeg6189EC37-E1AA-40D9-B408-7B16C6596AC9 (resized).jpeg

#9610 2 years ago

All that money for machines and not $100 to spare for a carpet square for some comfort and to make it nice?

It's not as if you slide them, they are to close together for that.

Nother $100 and you could splash some paint around.

Mine are in a warehouse and still sit on comfy carpet in a welcoming 'room'.

#9611 2 years ago

Lol, that’s what I get for being accommodating.

#9612 2 years ago

Just a suggestion, it seems so incongruous to have such beautiful things in such a depressing space. Sorry if i sounded insulting, it was not my intention.

#9613 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just a suggestion, it seems so incongruous to have such beautiful things in such a depressing space. Sorry if i sounded insulting, it was not my intention.

It's a garage. Sometimes you put the pins where they fit. Better than a kitchen or hallway (both of which I've seen done).

#9614 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Depressing space?? Man this is my favorite room of the house!

The advantage of garage pinball is I can crank the volume without annoying the wife too much, I can open the door to have open air pinball (and hey, it’s California so we got the weather for it) and I have a big open wall for a nice sized lineup. Plus when I need to wrench on games my tools are at hand.

One of these days I’ll probably dress it up a little but for now, it does the trick.

#9615 2 years ago

If you put down carpet you just inherited the task of vacuuming so there's something to be said for keeping it low maintenance. Just open the garage door and fire up the leaf blower and all good!

#9616 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If you put down carpet you just inherited the task of vacuuming so there's something to be said for keeping it low maintenance. Just open the garage door and fire up the leaf blower and all good!

This guy gets it.

#9617 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Get this they don’t stink!

C34AB74C-0D72-4CD4-A000-70EA1A3E867E (resized).pngC34AB74C-0D72-4CD4-A000-70EA1A3E867E (resized).png
#9618 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Get this they don’t stink!

Endorsed by Carl in Caddyshack.

LTG : )

#9619 2 years ago

Ok I have a method of figuring out the timing of this GnR camera. I wear three different colored hats one for each ball. Then as I’m playing I will rotate the hats 90deg at different moments. I started and after 1 game had to shut her down for school night. So far the results are first pic is sometime during ball 1. Slash/vip pic is on ball three

#9620 2 years ago

Do you recommend applying blitz wax to a new play field?

#9621 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I use P21S but it's carnauba just the same. I like keeping the playfield waxed to reduce friction.

#9622 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Ok I have a method of figuring out the timing of this GnR camera. I wear three different colored hats one for each ball. Then as I’m playing I will rotate the hats 90deg at different moments. I started and after 1 game had to shut her down for school night. So far the results are first pic is sometime during ball 1. Slash/vip pic is on ball three

VIP pic is when you enter your initials and hit the Action button on <end>

I throw up horns all the time

#9623 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I PM'd you about this, but yep, I wax play clean wax play clean wax from the 1st ball...mainly to build up a protective layer over time and keep the game fast and flowing.

Honestly...JJP's playfield was a beautiful mirror that looked like it had been buffed professionaly and no swirls at all, super glossy and slippery. Probably didn't need it, but I have the habit from my Sterns which always have looked, let's just say...pretty good by comparison

#9624 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

VIP pic is when you enter your initials and hit the Action button on
I throw up horns all the time

Nice! Half way there

#9625 2 years ago

Hey guys carnt find a jersey jack next pin thread but just wandering a rough ball point figure on when toy storys will come out won't be this year I'm guessing maybe mid late next year an did jack get his second line up n going heard he was upgrading the factory to run 2 games side by side an avatar was romours any news or thread direction appreciated more soo time frame on toy storys thanks guys

love gunners tho wicked pinball hey

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9626 2 years ago
Quoted from DeprivedFallacy:

Hey guys carnt find a jersey jack next pin thread but just wandering a rough ball point figure on when toy storys will come out

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story#post-6277621

I wouldn't bet on it being next or even if ever.

A couple years ago it was expected at TPF - JJP showed YBR. A month later it was expected at MGC - JJP showed Willy Wonka. Last time around it was expected JJP launched GNR.

So until JJP announces any game. It isn't official until then.

Too many variables. Too many things can happen. Like a game or two bantied about that vanished when JJP got the Hobbit license.

#9627 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story#post-6277621
I wouldn't bet on it being next or even if ever.
A couple years ago it was expected at TPF - JJP showed YBR. A month later it was expected at MGC - JJP showed Willy Wonka. Last time around it was expected JJP launched GNR.
So until JJP announces any game. It isn't official until then.
Too many variables. Too many things can happen. Like a game or two bantied about that vanished when JJP got the Hobbit license.

I hope it's not Toy Story. They've already done a heap of kids themes! Hope they keep the adult vibe of GnR going!!

#9628 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy the plastic pieces that he shows in this video that installs over the inlane? He said it would help prevent chipping under the sling shot posts. Video below. He starts talking about the plastic pieces at the 2:50 mark in the video.

#9629 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

According to Keefer, the machine coding logic will only allow the CE to become interactive with the LED's behind and under the cab and backbox, beyound that you're into coding hacks and what not - not something I have the desire to poke around with for the return
Just do what I did and rig up your own LED strips independant of the game. You're going to be to immersed in the game to care about the led's outside the game anyways.

If this is the case, then why can Pinstadiums plug in and match the hotrails? It seems like backbox strips could just plug into the same setup? Can someone who bought the GnR Pinstadiums tell us how they are connected?

#9630 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

If this is the case, then why can Pinstadiums plug in and match the hotrails? It seems like backbox strips could just plug into the same setup? Can someone who bought the GnR Pinstadiums tell us how they are connected?

They can't, where did you see this? They only match the flasher or app controlled settings, not the hotrails specific coding which are individually addressable.

#9631 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a garage. Sometimes you put the pins where they fit. Better than a kitchen or hallway (both of which I've seen done).

Game room is full so I am in the process of making room in the garage for the next two machines, my kitchen and hallway are up next. Oops, I mean "our" kitchen and hallway...

#9632 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does anyone know where to buy the plastic pieces that he shows in this video that installs over the inlane? He said it would help prevent chipping under the sling shot posts. Video below. He starts talking about the plastic pieces at the 2:50 mark in the video.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/iPNcWuJJE0OdA9Dr5J8aCw?categoryid=23&category=Plastics%20Protectors&name=Guns%20N%27%20Roses%20%28Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202020

#9634 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Game is pretty dope so far. Gonna order some black mirror blades.

#9635 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

They can't, where did you see this? They only match the flasher or app controlled settings, not the hotrails specific coding which are individually addressable.

Ah, it looked like it did in the adverts. The description isn't very clear either....

#9636 2 years ago

If the pinstadiums don't match the hot rails it will be extremely disappointing. I agree with Javagrind888, the advertisement makes it appear as if the hot rails are being mimicked.

#9637 2 years ago

Are you guys seriously saying this game needs auxiliary lighting?

Gotta be pulling my leg.

#9638 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Are you guys seriously saying this game needs auxiliary lighting?
Gotta be pulling my leg.

I was thinking the same thing. A better way to spend the $ would be on a pinwoofer

#9639 2 years ago

Hey All

So got a G&RLE coming soon - what stuff is recommends for the game..
I have the Art of Pinball shooter housing, lockbar surround and Bullet shooter rod sorted.

What is this Pinwoofer Kit I’ve been hearing about? How easy to install is it?

Is this the best sound mod to get?

#9640 2 years ago

WiFi Beta Build 8 is available now.

#9641 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey All
So got a G&RLE coming soon - what stuff is recommends for the game..
I have the Art of Pinball shooter housing, lockbar surround and Bullet shooter rod sorted.
Is this the best sound mod to get?

The pinwoofer lifts this game to a complete nother level. Still have to put my tweeters in when they get here and haven't even bothered hooking up the external sub that i have here, even though i have the line trimmer kit installed.

The weightlifting gym next door to me are already complaining they can't hear their music when I'm playing gunners, so I'll wait till I move the pin down the back for that.

Best dollars I've ever spent on a pin. Up there and even beyond color DMD.

Gotta put the Deadpool pinwoofer system in next.

As far as install goes, i'm inept and i managed. Dan is the best when it comes to customer service and if you have problems, he'll walk you through it till it's right.
Step by steps here. Shows a wonka, but it's the same.

Haven't put my black mirrors on yet either, but suspect they will lift the machine again. I like the gun and rose button housings and have put one of those on.

Gunners needs a shooter rod upgrade and i hate the dirty head style rods on any pin, so have gone with a custom heavy stainless ball made by a local here. Other that that, the machine is complete in my eyes.

#9642 2 years ago

If I contact JJP, will they know an estimate on when my machine will be done? I ordered it in the beginning of Feb.

#9643 2 years ago

No.

#9644 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Here is the system for GNR:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

Installation for most guys is less than an hour with a few common hand tools for the speakers, and the electronics are plug and play.

Shipping to UK is no problem.

Good times!

#9645 2 years ago

Anyone having trouble updating to 1.22 via WiFi? Freezes at about 32%, then says unable to verify. Tried a second time, didn’t get past 1% and it locked the game. Had to turn off and reboot. Guess I’ll try a usb stick next.

#9646 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone having trouble updating to 1.22 via WiFi? Freezes at about 32%, then says unable to verify. Tried a second time, didn’t get past 1% and it locked the game. Had to turn off and reboot. Guess I’ll try a usb stick next.

Mine was successful over WiFi. It was a quick update. Restarting took longer than the update. It did hang for a quick second at 1% but powered through after that. Good luck!

#9647 2 years ago

Joined the club

97A3F5AA-8C64-467A-922F-C4C659E0BA58 (resized).jpeg97A3F5AA-8C64-467A-922F-C4C659E0BA58 (resized).jpeg
#9648 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Joined the club
[quoted image]

Something tells me you like band pins!

#9649 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine installed no problem. Saw the alert on the screen and went into the menu system for the update and was up and running again in less than 5 minutes.

#9650 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Joined the club
[quoted image]

That is likely the the only moment that GnR appeared darker than the other 3 pins and you managed to capture it in a still! Congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/193?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.