IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 567.
#9451 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do NOT put any tape in a scoop. Loosen the hood, adjust as far to the left flipper as possible, retighten.

He tried. Seems like either holes are either incorrect on the hood or on the playfield. I think JJP is sending him a replacement hood. My thought was the tape may actually work and won’t cause any harm.

#9452 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks CW that’s what I’ll do now that another is coming .Still I don’t think it’s a good idea to do that while it’s in place I’ll take it out again and put it in the vice I want to drill the holes to swing more anyway .At least I got one to play around with to see what works .

Chuck is correct here..just a little bend goes a long long way...you can take the hood out without moving the upper playfield using a thin 1/4 in hex driver (I wouldn't use phillips driver as you'll strip it at the angle you'll be removing it)

Mine wasn't bad from the factory but it was hitting closer to the tip of the flipper than I would like for control..no SDTM's

What I did to make an adjustment was to screw the hood to a block of wood, didn't have a vice handy, then using pliars protected by a microfiber, bent itslightly to the left gripping the sides...refit it..first time was a little much, hitting left sling...second time was the charm hitting almost dead center on the left flipper consistantly...But you'll have to make small adjustments...just dial it in slowly

#9453 2 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

mine is a 6 hr round trip away. might see it this weekend!!

ha. This was posted 45 days ago and I just got it set up last thursday. Life goes by to fast.

#9454 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Chuck is correct here..just a little bend goes a long long way...you can take the hood out without moving the upper playfield using a thin 1/4 in hex driver (I wouldn't use phillips driver as you'll strip it at the angle you'll be removing it)
Mine wasn't bad from the factory but it was hitting closer to the tip of the flipper than I would like for control..no SDTM's
What I did to make an adjustment was to screw the hood to a block of wood, didn't have a vice handy, then using pliars protected by a microfiber, bent itslightly to the left gripping the sides...refit it..first time was a little much, hitting left sling...second time was the charm hitting almost dead center on the left flipper consistantly...But you'll have to make small adjustments...just dial it in slowly

I can’t take the hood out without removing the Upper P/F . .I can acess the screw on the right with a long shafted nut driver but the left is way too far under to do anything with .I’ll take pictures when it’s all off again (I’ll need to send to JJP anyway).Right now it’s just finding time which I don’t have for awile.This is basically what I did .

C12D6C4E-2DB3-4069-A4BF-B45576881E3B (resized).jpegC12D6C4E-2DB3-4069-A4BF-B45576881E3B (resized).jpeg
#9455 2 years ago

In the future it would be easier if these were hex screws I would think .Better bite and fits tight spaces .

D1EA404F-2BCA-4BFD-BA27-3BE6BADB1CA9 (resized).jpegD1EA404F-2BCA-4BFD-BA27-3BE6BADB1CA9 (resized).jpeg
#9456 2 years ago

On the bright side of things I found these at a local hardware store in the clearance bin for $4.These will be helpful in the future I’m sure .

AC25649D-7ACE-4797-AB75-9EAF79EB2ED6 (resized).jpegAC25649D-7ACE-4797-AB75-9EAF79EB2ED6 (resized).jpeg
#9457 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My promised reminder for those that have been patiently waiting:
The jjGnR Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits will be back in the Pinmonk.com store tomorrow (Friday) at noon PST. If I get too many, I may pause them again, but they should be up for the afternoon, at the very least.
Note that these are ONLY for JJP GnR, not for other JJP games. With the redesigned bracket being moved to the side mount like the Spike machines, I have to customize them a bit for each JJP machine. So, for right now, jjGnR only.

Awesome, just ordered!

#9458 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Do any of you Nancy’s actually play the game or just talk about snapped rubbers and mods?!! Someone tell me how to blow this thing up!! Paging Eskaybee

I’ll have to get back to you on this one when I have more time lol. But the short version is get the fender patch and as many band member patches as you can to help with band frenzy. Vater + Duff have scoring boosts associated to their patches. I believe band member patches add additional scoring when hitting their shots during band frenzy (unconfirmed); if so, Melissa’s candy is a valuable patch and so could Vater for ripping the spinner during frenzy.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

In the future it would be easier if these were hex screws I would think .Better bite and fits tight spaces .
[quoted image]

Nice johnson controls background screen. Do you work for JCI or is that your BMS facility?

#9459 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My promised reminder for those that have been patiently waiting:
The jjGnR Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits will be back in the Pinmonk.com store tomorrow (Friday) at noon PST. If I get too many, I may pause them again, but they should be up for the afternoon, at the very least.
Note that these are ONLY for JJP GnR, not for other JJP games. With the redesigned bracket being moved to the side mount like the Spike machines, I have to customize them a bit for each JJP machine. So, for right now, jjGnR only.

Got my notice that mine are shipped from you yesterday. Yay!!!! How is the shield progressing?

#9460 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Got my notice that mine are shipped from you yesterday. Yay!!!! How is the shield progressing?

I have a sample that lines up well with the plastic scan I have, so I'm sending it out for a real-world test fit.

#9461 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have a sample that lines up well with the plastic scan I have, so I'm sending it out for a real-world test fit.

That is good to hear. People really want them. Hope the test fitting goes well. It really got me going. I am currently trying to make a fix for the popbumper post hangup. Going to make a test piece next week en try to get that fitted and tested.

#9462 2 years ago

So have any November LE orders been fulfilled? Seems like they are still shipping October orders for LE.

#9463 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So have any November LE orders been fulfilled? Seems like they are still shipping October orders for LE.

I'm a October 20th LE order and have not received 'the call' yet.

#9464 2 years ago

Some November orders may have made it out depending on the distributor (I don’t know of any specifically) but still plenty of October LE orders waiting.

JJP currently building machines for overseas; expected to pick back up on domestic LEs at end of the month.

#9465 2 years ago

Damn not a good week for my spotlights. A week or so ago my right vertical servo decided to stop working. Linkage perfectly fine. I bought a couple white hobby king servos but those are on back order so I found some OEM Coronas on amazon. I also bought a tester to calibrate them.

Two days ago the left horizontal spotlight goes rogue and spins a full 180. Burns out. Left vertical linkage broke but servo still good . I used jb weld and fixed the linkage. I may brush a light coating on the other linkage because it definitely strengthens it.

My Corona servo comes in so I use it to fix the left horizontal servo. That side is now 100%.

Power the game up and now my right side horizontal servo is not moving and it doesn’t respond to my tester. It’s burned. Worked fine last I played

So 3 of 4 stock servos failed within two weeks. Could I be that unlucky that I received 3 bad randomly chosen servos from a reputable brand? I’ll reseat the connections that go to the board. Maybe I am getting a bad connection and they are underpowered.

#9466 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Damn not a good week for my spotlights. A week or so ago my right vertical servo decided to stop working. Linkage perfectly fine. I bought a couple white hobby king servos but those are on back order so I found some OEM Coronas on amazon. I also bought a tester to calibrate them.
Two days ago the left horizontal spotlight goes rogue and spins a full 180. Burns out. Left vertical linkage broke but servo still good . I used jb weld and fixed the linkage. I may brush a light coating on the other linkage because it definitely strengthens it.
My Corona servo comes in so I use it to fix the left horizontal servo. That side is now 100%.
Power the game up and now my right side horizontal servo is not moving and it doesn’t respond to my tester. It’s burned. Worked fine last I played
So 3 of 4 stock servos failed within two weeks. Could I be that unlucky that I received 3 bad randomly chosen servos from a reputable brand? I’ll reseat the connections that go to the board. Maybe I am getting a bad connection and they are underpowered.

my left vertical spotlight is also down. Awaiting reply from JJP. Checked cables and connectors on their advice. but they all are ok.

#9467 2 years ago

No word yet on my Oct 12 le order placed through a distributor

#9468 2 years ago

I was finally able to cash in on a big jackpot today at 40 million. That was a rush and I have never been so anxious making a simple Applause scoop shot to collect and go onto the Encore. I do love this game when I am not hating it when I drain out on the same opportunity the game before. The rules and game strategy really keep me coming back. My Iron Maiden is getting lonely.

#9469 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

No word yet on my Oct 12 le order placed through a distributor

Ok thanks, sounds like I’m at least Aug/Sept. I have my Cliffys ready to go. All good have a couple machines I need to conquer.

#9470 2 years ago

Whew...what a long and frustrating night.

I decided to rebuild the lower 3 flippers with new rebuild kits from PBL and new bushings. Probably overkill, but we have a lot of plays and we've noticed degradation so, I figured why not.

To my chagrin, the flippers actually played WORSE after the rebuild. I could not backhand the left ramp, I couldn't make orbits, something was very wrong.

It took me way too long to diagnose but to hopefully save someone else time: the coil sleeves in the PBL kits were too short!
The correct sleeves are long enough to insulate the plunger as it passes through the metal ring. These sleeves were not and the plunger was grabbing on it and getting friction.

Once I replaced the sleeves with the right size the game now plays like new as I originally expected.

#9471 2 years ago

That sucks zaphX. Glad you figured it out tho.

#9472 2 years ago

I'm an early October order (through a distributor) and was told sometime this summer. Fingers crossed it's sometime in June!

#9473 2 years ago

I replaced my stock flipper rubbers with Titan flipper rubbers. I liked the way the Titans played a lot more that the natural rubber versions that came on the machine. To my surprise they were a lot less lively and allowed me to control the ball more. They also were a bit more sticky and helped me dig potential drains out of the center more easily. Lack of severe wear on the tips helped too. Overall Titans were a nice upgrade over the stock rubbers.

#9474 2 years ago

Curious about how many of the 5000 LE have been ordered at this point?

#9475 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Whew...what a long and frustrating night.
I decided to rebuild the lower 3 flippers with new rebuild kits from PBL and new bushings. Probably overkill, but we have a lot of plays and we've noticed degradation so, I figured why not.
To my chagrin, the flippers actually played WORSE after the rebuild. I could not backhand the left ramp, I couldn't make orbits, something was very wrong.
It took me way too long to diagnose but to hopefully save someone else time: the coil sleeves in the PBL kits were too short!
The correct sleeves are long enough to insulate the plunger as it passes through the metal ring. These sleeves were not and the plunger was grabbing on it and getting friction.
Once I replaced the sleeves with the right size the game now plays like new as I originally expected.

Good to know, that's where I get my rebuild kits from. Was it error in packaging on the part of PBL?

#9476 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Good to know, that's where I get my rebuild kits from. Was it error in packaging on the part of PBL?

Hard to say - I will definitely check the sleeves before using them going forward. I have a big bag of them so it wasn't a big deal to me, I just used what was in the kit.

Also only one of the kits had the short sleeves, the other kit I used on the upper right flipper was correct.

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why rebuilding the flippers had it playing so much worse! It made for a long day of pinball work.

#9477 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hard to say - I will definitely check the sleeves before using them going forward. I have a big bag of them so it wasn't a big deal to me, I just used what was in the kit.
Also only one of the kits had the short sleeves, the other kit I used on the upper right flipper was correct.
I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why rebuilding the flippers had it playing so much worse! It made for a long day of pinball work.

Good to know you got it sorted. Something I'll pay attention to. You probably just saved people hours of frustration!

#9478 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I'm an early October order (through a distributor) and was told sometime this summer. Fingers crossed it's sometime in June!

I just got off the phone with my distributor, and my early October order has now been pushed to late June, early July. I'm a pretty patient person, but I have to admit that it is wearing thin. I know that there are many other machines that have had long waits, but I didn't order those. Guess I'm just used to the Stern business model. Oh, well. Rant over. On a positive note, I did get a chance to play an LE recently, and it was everything y'all have been saying it is! Might account for my newfound impatience!

#9479 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Any orders placed are now on the new system, website has been updated. This new lighting is really exciting. They cost at least 3x as much as traditional leds (you can’t buy them at Walmart, lol), but it saves me on labor to make them so we are not raising the price. These are used in high end applications for things like kitchen remodeling. The lighting is so smooth and even, brighter, has no harshness and draws LESS power! Because of how well these distribute light, the install is now much easier and less cumbersome. The install is literally 5 minutes or less. It will take you longer to take the tape off the backing than it will be to install it.
The RGB version will remain on the traditional system as our new system does not support multi-color.

I ordered a set, can't wait to see them on my game.

#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I ordered a set, can't wait to see them on my game.

Me too. Looking forward to your before and after pics!
hopefully I'll have my game sometime this fall

#9481 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I just got off the phone with my distributor, and my early October order has now been pushed to late June, early July. I'm a pretty patient person, but I have to admit that it is wearing thin. I know that there are many other machines that have had long waits, but I didn't order those. Guess I'm just used to the Stern business model. Oh, well. Rant over. On a positive note, I did get a chance to play an LE recently, and it was everything y'all have been saying it is! Might account for my newfound impatience!

Who did you order through? I don't mind waiting, it's just the whole "unknown" aspect that bothers me. With my spooky rick and morty, at least there was some transparency and you could see progress being made towards your delivery.

#9482 2 years ago

My left post on the upper guitar lock keeps getting stuck under the playfield and will not lock balls. The lock is rubbing on the left side of the hole. I've adjusted the upper playfield and attempted to adjust the post bracket with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

#9483 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My left post on the upper guitar lock keeps getting stuck under the playfield and will not lock balls. The lock is rubbing on the left side of the hole. I've adjusted the upper playfield and attempted to adjust the post bracket with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Check the mount holding the coils underneath...you may have a loose screw or mount cantering the coil/assembly to the left

#9484 2 years ago

Just installed our replacement left side spotlight a few days ago.
It has the newer white servos and works like a champ.
Our right side one went out as well but Ken at JJP has been so nice working with us and already has the replacement on the way.
They realize they got a bad batch of these things and are taking care of everyone that has them break.
This game is freaking amazing. My whole family has become JJP snobs. lol
We were not even slightly tempted with the Mandalorian release today.

#9485 2 years ago

I can back hand the left ramp, but not all the way to the upper playfield. Should I be able to?

#9486 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Who did you order through? I don't mind waiting, it's just the whole "unknown" aspect that bothers me. With my spooky rick and morty, at least there was some transparency and you could see progress being made towards your delivery.

I ordered through Game Exchange of Colorado. They are great with updates, and I know it isn't their issue. JJP keeps changing the number of machines they ship.

#9487 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I can back hand the left ramp, but not all the way to the upper playfield. Should I be able to?

On my machine, I can backhand the left ramp up just up past the upper flipper and under the gate. But it will not make it straight through to the guitar lock. That I can only do with the right flipper.

#9488 2 years ago

I can back hand it to the upper playfield but only for the first few games. Then I think the fade starts to kick in

#9489 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Check the mount holding the coils underneath...you may have a loose screw or mount cantering the coil/assembly to the left

I'll check that out, thank you.

#9490 2 years ago

I replaced my 8 3/8 OD with some 7/16 OD....we're talking a 0.0625 diff, but it looks better IMHO and helps every so slightly on the outlane drains, while also providing a hare more lively action near the pops and lanes, at least that's the placibo effect I see ...for those curious, those are clear PETG washers from PBL

20210512_130059 (resized).jpg20210512_130059 (resized).jpg20210512_130128 (resized).jpg20210512_130128 (resized).jpg20210512_130200 (resized).jpg20210512_130200 (resized).jpg
#9491 2 years ago

Added some clear PETG (all 3/4 inch and one 7/8 near right minipost right outtlane - but you can use as large as you want, I found the 3/4 to be a good fit in most cases - just slightly larger than the factory sling clear washers) https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html washers. (2 pics below have the factory 3/8 OD mini post ring, those are gone now and replaced with 7/16 OD's) - some areas, for space constrainsts, necessitated a metal washer, so I compromised in some cases

I did the entire playfield yesterday, here's a sampling. Fun little project. Used the Yelobird flat iron technique on some areas.

20210511_205944 (resized).jpg20210511_205944 (resized).jpg20210511_212554 (resized).jpg20210511_212554 (resized).jpg20210511_212948 (resized).jpg20210511_212948 (resized).jpg20210512_130200 (resized).jpg20210512_130200 (resized).jpg

#9492 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Added some clear PETG https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html washers.
I did the entire playfield yesterday, here's a sampling. Fun little project. Used the Yelobird flat iron technique on some areas.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet .Looks way better with the clear nice job .

#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Added some clear PETG https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html washers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had to move the out lane posts as my family hates this game because of short ball times .Obviously a big problem is my scoop that’s been posted but JJP is sending out a new snubber hood so I’ll bring it to work and drill swivel slots so I can get that ball to the left flipper .Something is definitly off on my pin in that area I’ll take pics when I have it apart again which won’t be for a few weeks can’t find the time .

#9494 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I had to move the out lane posts as my family hates this game because of short ball times .Obviously a big problem is my scoop that’s been posted but JJP is sending out a new snubber hood so I’ll bring it to work and drill swivel slots so I can get that ball to the left flipper .Something is definitly off on my pin in that area I’ll take pics when I have it apart again which won’t be for a few weeks can’t find the time .

Thanks for the update, I'm really curious to see the hole alignments you have there causing that issue, It'll get fixed, just stay with it..One day you'll have that Eureka moment and solve it

#9495 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks for the update, I'm really curious to see the hole alignments you have there causing that issue, It'll get fixed, just stay with it..One day you'll have that Eureka moment and solve it

Thanks I’ll get it with new snubber I will drill holes to swing further but I’m not getting why I have to do this I havnt heard of anyone having this issue but it’s there for sure .It will help slot next time to post pics and get input the more eyes the better .

#9496 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks I’ll get it with new snubber I will drill holes to swing further but I’m not getting why I have to do this I havnt heard of anyone having this issue but it’s there for sure .It will help slot next time to post pics and get input the more eyes the better .

Is your playfield straight in that area, left to right, and up/down...just curious but would want to rule out any warping - just thinking outloud

#9497 2 years ago

Does increasing attenuation raise or lower volume?

#9498 2 years ago

yes.

#9499 2 years ago

Does increasing attenuation raise or lower volume?

On sterns, lowering attenuation, increases volume.

I dug in deep on it years ago. But if memory serves, attenuation is the amount of resistance. So if you increase the attenuation or resistance, your tightening the tunnel that the sound can pass through. Lower the attenuation, and you’re increasing that size of the tunnel to allow more of.

#9500 2 years ago

The more Stern releases the better I feel about buying JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/190?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.