IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 562.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean? Did they mess up the LE sales too? Haha

Basically. Most distributors still don’t know when or how many they are getting. Listen to Zach on today’s pinball show episode, even he says it’s a mess and he’s a distributor. Lessons Learned = buy direct from JJP on any new titles going forward.

#852 3 years ago

Crazy. Yeah pick one or the other. Don’t do both. AP has the same model. If they get a game made that is crazy popular like this, hopefully they adjust that process.

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Basically. Most distributors still don’t know when or how many they are getting. Listen to Zach on today’s pinball show episode, even he says it’s a mess and he’s a distributor. Lessons Learned = buy direct from JJP on any new titles going forward.

I'm hoping there will be some new guidance going forward with future titles...if not, one could assume that the Direct Order will be the only way to go for CE's.

#854 3 years ago

Another minor easy fix issue today: The upper right flipper was sticking and it was a mechanical issue. The coil bracket was not straight and it caused the issue because the plunger wouldn’t move freely. It’s possible it wasn’t tight enough and it worked itself crocked over the first 200 games or so.

Just loosened the bracket, aligned and tightened. All good.

#855 3 years ago

I certainly hope JJP was prepared for this. They worked so hard to get a hit like GNR and last thing they need is 6-10 month lead-times to deliver games. I've seen this movie before (CGC) and although people can be patient with a deposit, when they fork out $13K day 1 they start to get impatient.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I certainly hope JJP was prepared for this. They worked so hard to get a hit like GNR and last thing they need is 6-10 month lead-times to deliver games. I've seen this movie before (CGC) and although people can be patient with a deposit, when they fork out $13K day 1 they start to get impatient.

It shouldn’t be too bad if they are truly close to 100 per week. I’d guess they probably have at least 1000 units on order right now between the CE, LE, and SE. that’s 10 weeks of production. If they are only 50 per week it’s 20 weeks and that gets tougher.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Or 9.5K on an even larger scale for that matter

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It shouldn’t be too bad if they are truly close to 100 per week. I’d guess they probably have at least 1000 units on order right now between the CE, LE, and SE. that’s 10 weeks of production. If they are only 50 per week it’s 20 weeks and that gets tougher.

I heard 60 games/week although I have no clue what the real number is...

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I heard 60 games/week although I have no clue what the real number is...

I heard the same

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maybe I had a long day and have to vent, or maybe some of you can relate. But JJP’s distribution model is certainly sucking the wind out of my sails. And maybe I should just proceed with my JP2 order than get stuck in this debacle. It seems like it’s always something with JJP. Am I wrong?

So buy JP2, play the snot out of it, it's a perfect game for someone who plays like you, and then sell it and pick up a GNR once the dust settles. You'll have no problem moving Jurassic Park later, it's a hugely popular title. One of the only recent Sterns I've actually played, it's a shooter's game for sure.

It's always fun getting in on the hype, but after a week of owning a game it's just another pin, and when you got it doesn't make a huge difference.

Bonus: GNR bugs will be worked out, code will mature, and it will probably be a better game by the time you get it.

#861 3 years ago

Seeing R AND L Carriers in front of your House is Never a Bad thing!
Delivered this Morning and I was Impatient, I did Not want to wait for anybody to get off of work to help move downstairs, so I did it myself! 13 stairs down, I just tipped it and slid down 1 step at a time, in the BOX.
I used those ramps to get it up the stairs from the garage.

Checking in with LE #205
My first 2 games were horrible and I started to think - why all the hype!
Then It clicked, game started flowing and the shots started to get dialed in and Started to be FUN!
A LOT of FUN!
Its everything everybody is raving about. The Theme-Integration and Light show are amazing.
Yes its Multiball heavy!
However they counteracted that with the fan meter. Which will not let you take advantage of the multiball while in song
modes! ( NO Cradling)
Lots going on and lots to do in this game. A lot of different ways to score points and advance modes.

Inspected game and under the playfield before I played. I believe they did a great quality job on the build.
No Problems found!

20201012_130329 (resized).jpg20201012_130329 (resized).jpg20201012_131403 (resized).jpg20201012_131403 (resized).jpg20201012_134247 (resized).jpg20201012_134247 (resized).jpg20201012_142626 (resized).jpg20201012_142626 (resized).jpg20201012_181317 (resized).jpg20201012_181317 (resized).jpgGuns N´ Roses, Not in this Lifetime Tour - Detroit (resized).jpgGuns N´ Roses, Not in this Lifetime Tour - Detroit (resized).jpg
#862 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So buy JP2, play the snot out of it, it's a perfect game for someone who plays like you, and then sell it and pick up a GNR once the dust settles. You'll have no problem moving Jurassic Park later, it's a hugely popular title. One of the only recent Sterns I've actually played, it's a shooter's game for sure.
It's always fun getting in on the hype, but after a week of owning a game it's just another pin, and when you got it doesn't make a huge difference.
Bonus: GNR bugs will be worked out, code will mature, and it will probably be a better game by the time you get it.

That’s what I did with JJPOTC and IMDN. 2-3 years later, i still haven’t owned a JJPOTC and I still have IMDN. This time I’m gonna stick to my guns (pun intended) lol.

As cool as JP2 is, I honestly don’t want another ‘samey’ stern. It’s time for something different, something fresh. This hobby is all about timing and GNR couldn’t have come at a better time for me in this hobby. I didn’t want another music pin, and was set on getting JP2, but GNR checks those missing boxes I’ve been looking for. Played it this past weekend to confirm that. Hot Wheels is another contender for a new game, and they’re shipping immediately. But, I’ll hold off a little longer and hope distributors start getting answers.

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Delivered this Morning and I was Impatient, I did Not want to wait for anybody to get off of work to help move downstairs, so I did it myself! 13 stairs down, I just tipped it and slid down 1 step at a time, in the BOX.
Checking in with LE #205
Then It clicked, game started flowing and the shots started to get dialed in and Started to be FUN!
A LOT of FUN!
Its everything everybody is raving about. The Theme-Integration and Light show are amazing.
Yes its Multiball heavy!
However they counteracted that with the fan meter. Which will not let you take advantage of the multiball while in song
modes! ( NO Cradling)
Lots going on and lots to do in this game. A lot of different ways to score points and advance modes.
Inspected game and under the playfield before I played. I believe they did a great quality job on the build.
No Problems found![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First off congrats. Second, looking at those stairs you must be Crazy to heave that game up that flight solo or built like the Hulk. Wow. Enjoy that great game while you ice your back.

#864 3 years ago

Checking in with LE #205
A LOT of FUN!
Yes its Multiball heavy!
modes! ( NO Cradling)
No Problems found![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!! If I lived closer, I'd find an excuse to be knocking on the front door. Avengers, GnR, Wonka. Nice!

#865 3 years ago

I am curious to know what albums people are receiving in their new pin? Pictures of one would be nice.

#866 3 years ago

If I don't get AFD, UYI 1 or 2 then I'm going to Riot in St Louis

#867 3 years ago

Does the game come with a printed manual? The other day I went through wonka on jjps website and out of the blue saw somewhere that only the CE came with a printed manual.

#868 3 years ago

No printed manual for the LE. It’s online in PDF. I got appetite for my album.

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Does the game come with a printed manual? The other day I went through wonka on jjps website and out of the blue saw somewhere that only the CE came with a printed manual.

No manual online download

#870 3 years ago

Wonka CE did not come with a printed manual.

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am curious to know what albums people are receiving in their new pin? Pictures of one would be nice.

Albums?
Are we supposed to get an Album in the LE?

#872 3 years ago

For owners who have their games, where is your ball coming into play?
I’ve seen some streams where it’s smooth to the right flipper.
On mine it usually hits the rubber and bounces to the left flipper but sometimes just kisses it and goes strain down the middle.
It’s kind of a pain when new balls come into multiballs etc.
Am I too steep?
Bubble says I’m exactly 6.5 degrees.
To an early point, I also upped the flipper strength a bit. My hand hurt after my first sessions as I was trying to physically compensate for the lack of pop.
Knowing full well it did nothing.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

For owners who have their games, where is your ball coming into play?
I’ve seen some streams where it’s smooth to the right flipper.
On mine it usually hits the rubber and bounces to the left flipper but sometimes just kisses it and goes strain down the middle.
It’s kind of a pain when new balls come into multiballs etc.
Am I too steep?
Bubble says I’m exactly 6.5 degrees.
To an early point, I also upped the flipper strength a bit. My hand hurt after my first sessions as I was trying to physically compensate for the lack of pop.
Knowing full well it did nothing.

Leveling left to right is Critical on this game. If level it will always feed the right flipper. Also consider adding a bit more slope to the game. 6.5 works ok for a slow game not a JJP game. Mine is at 7.4 and plays great. Use a level not a bubble.

#874 3 years ago

Albums?
Are we supposed to get an Album in the LE?

The album cover graphic on the spinner. Luck of the draw as to which one you get.

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Leveling left to right is Critical on this game. If level it will always feed the right flipper. Also consider adding a bit more slope to the game. 6.5 works ok for a slow game not a JJP game. Mine is at 7.4 and plays great. Use a level not a bubble.

I have a digital level being delivered tomorrow for this game.
I’ve played with it a bit on “feel” but seems like it’s really sensitive to that.

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I have a digital level being delivered tomorrow for this game.
I’ve played with it a bit on “feel” but seems like it’s really sensitive to that.

Yeah we had one at an open house that was out of level and it did the same thing. At least download the free PinGuy app and use that to level both directions. Simple and free.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah we had one at an open house that was out of level and it did the same thing. At least download the free PinGuy app and use that to level both directions. Simple and free.

I didn’t even know that was a thing, thank you.
I just got into the hobby in June so figuring out a lot of the basic tips a tricks.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I didn’t even know that was a thing, thank you.
I just got into the hobby in June so figuring out a lot of the basic tips a tricks.

Just got into the hobby in June and already 10 games! The addiction is Strong for you sir. Lol. Yeah for me I exclusively use the PinGuy app. Works well, free, and easy to setup a game as it calls out the level while your crawling under the machine. Works for me. Just make sure to calibrate it one time on a flat surface before use.

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just got into the hobby in June and already 10 games! The addiction is Strong for you sir. Lol. Yeah for me I exclusively use the PinGuy app. Works well, free, and easy to setup a game as it calls out the level while your crawling under the machine. Works for me.

Yeah...when I like something I go hard. I have a very patient wife who has signed off on most of the 10. She wasn’t thrilled about adding the GnR, but I’m going to sell a couple, make room for zeppelin assuming it’s out later this year and take a break for a while.
Oh, maybe after my Indian Jones is finished getting built. I know I mentioned that to her but she’s going to forget before it’s finished.

#880 3 years ago

Anyone installing pinsound or pinstadiums to their game ?
JK

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They worked so hard to get a hit like GNR and last thing they need is 6-10 month lead-times to deliver games.

JJP employees better get ready for some overtime.

readyforovertime (resized).jpgreadyforovertime (resized).jpg
#882 3 years ago

Anyone installing pinsound or pinstadiums to their game ?
JK

Pinsound would get you the entire catalog. Wish this was an option.

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The album cover graphic on the spinner. Luck of the draw as to which one you get.

I have Appetite

20201013_090046 (resized).jpg20201013_090046 (resized).jpg
#884 3 years ago

Quick question for any other lucky early GNR owners: is Frank the drummer particularly chatty in your game? On plunge I'll often get a "this is Frank" callout. And then throughout the game, right flipper activity seems to trigger progress toward collecting drums (along w/ more Frank call-outs).

Nothing against Frank, but a bit odd hearing his voice when the right ramp/pop bumpers aren't in play. I've done a switch test and only have right upper/lower flipper showing up in the audit when pressing the right flipper button. Doesn't mean there's not a sticky switch or a short in the matrix, but: haven't had much time to investigate.

Was hoping it might be a bug in the software; but: still present after updating to 1.0.5.

Thought I'd ask. thanks...

#885 3 years ago

Yes frank is very chatty. We were actually making fun of it yesterday. Frank frank frank frank..

Is there a setting on JJP pins where you can hold the flipper and say the start button to restart a game? Crap hit 3 players and there's only 2 of you etc..

#886 3 years ago

2 players 3 games I either hit it again for 2 games each or play one player game each and one flipper each for the third game (unless it's comp day).

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Quick question for any other lucky early GNR owners: is Frank the drummer particularly chatty in your game? On plunge I'll often get a "this is Frank" callout. And then throughout the game, right flipper activity seems to trigger progress toward collecting drums (along w/ more Frank call-outs).
Nothing against Frank, but a bit odd hearing his voice when the right ramp/pop bumpers aren't in play. I've done a switch test and only have right upper/lower flipper showing up in the audit when pressing the right flipper button. Doesn't mean there's not a sticky switch or a short in the matrix, but: haven't had much time to investigate.
Was hoping it might be a bug in the software; but: still present after updating to 1.0.5.
Thought I'd ask. thanks...

Go into matrix switch test and hit the flippers there and see what registers (nothing should, as the flippers and EOS are all dedicated). Make sure the high power is active.

Or literally pound the playfield with your fist in switch test.

#888 3 years ago

Are any SE shipping yet?

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Are any SE shipping yet?

Should be , I know physically they have been in production for close to a week. My distributor has been given no info from JJP on any dates though , and from the silence around here sounds to be the story everywhere.

Will be interesting to see who sees the first SE in the wild. I haven’t heard of a single person with one yet. So yes, they WILL be shipping soon, but no one but JJP knows where , haha.

#890 3 years ago

How the hell do you post gifs that work anyway?

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
How the hell do you post gifs that work anyway?

You have to select your image, then on the right change the drop down choice from medium to Original size (no re-scaling)

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#892 3 years ago

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif

tenor (3).giftenor (3).gif

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You have to select your image, then on the right change the drop down choice from medium to Original size (no re-scaling)[quoted image]

thanks.

#894 3 years ago

LE ordered today, very much looking forward to getting this game in the house. No two JJP games are the same and that's why I love 'em. Can't wait!

#895 3 years ago

Just put down my deposit for an LE. Let the wait begin.

#896 3 years ago

Just picked up my LE from FedEx!

She’s coming home...Guns and F’n Roses baby!!!!

It’s going to be a Great weekend!

78ACC637-09D5-445E-A86C-F080B92C12ED (resized).jpeg78ACC637-09D5-445E-A86C-F080B92C12ED (resized).jpeg
#898 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I was originally in on a CE but I made a deal to take home one of the show games. I was told I made someone very happy

I am not for sure but I think that someone was me and I am very happy! I am so excited to get my game! Now I have something positive to look forward to and that is a very good thing for me.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am not for sure but I think that someone was me and I am very happy! I am so excited to get my game! Now I have something positive to look forward to and that is a very good thing for me.

I’m glad to hear as well. Happy for you. Enjoy it.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Just picked up my LE from FedEx!
She’s coming home...Guns and F’n Roses baby!!!!
It’s going to be a Great weekend! [quoted image]

Did you order direct too?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/18?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.