IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 562.
#9351 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here's my wiring
[quoted image]

Got it. I don’t have the topper, was curious for the back-box speakers.

#9352 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Got it. I don’t have the topper, was curious for the back-box speakers.

Oh ok. Well that one is easy, if you run a left audio test and hear it from the right speaker, something is messed up

#9353 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Oh ok. Well that one is easy, if you run a left audio test and hear it from the right speaker, something is messed up

So when others do the sound test the left / right are the players left / right?

I’d be curious for the other PinWoofer owners if your sound test left/right is reversed.

Followed the instructions perfectly from Dan.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out testing with headphones. Left is supposed to be players left. Swapping backbox speaker connectors now.

#9354 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here is mine before doing the Cliffy, it looks about the same as yours to my eye.[quoted image][quoted image]

Your right this is best examined taking the upper PF off .Hopefully I’ll get some time tonight to deep dive been working long ass days but get to sleep in tomorrow .Thanks for all the help I’ll post later when I figure something out and/or hear back .

#9355 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So when others do the sound test the left / right are the players left / right?
I’d be curious for the other PinWoofer owners if your sound test left/right is reversed.
Followed the instructions perfectly from Dan.

Looking at that kit, you can easily swap the white/red RCA cables to reverse it and see if it behaves better.

#9356 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Enjoy mate
Waiting for cold November rain here in Australia November 16th for Brisbane.

Looking at your avatar i cannot stop smiling. For june 2022 i have also tickets to Iron Maiden.

#9357 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That looks like an ASROCK H310CM motherboard...[quoted image]

Many thanks to PinMonk, the procedure here (listed under 'try this first') brought the machine to life. Appreciate your help. Unfortunately I delivered the machine to the customer and it then did the same thing again. Do you suggest the CMOS clear to 'future proof' the board? Obviously I'll chat with tech support again about this too.

Thank you again.

#9358 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not you, that thing should very reliably eject to the left flipper.
You can see the consistent behavior in my stream from last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1015035998
I catch from the scoop all the time.

Great stream, just followed!

#9359 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Great stream, just followed!

Luck was decidedly against me last night

#9360 2 years ago

We have developed a new system for backbox lighting that is an improvement over our existing one. This new system provides much more even and multi-directional lighting, does not use individual LEDs in the same manner our current system uses, is generally brighter and less harsh, the lighting is bendable and uses less power. Because of these benefits, the install is simpler too.

It's now available on our website...
PXL_20210508_173704116 (resized).jpgPXL_20210508_173704116 (resized).jpg

#9361 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Many thanks to PinMonk, the procedure here (listed under 'try this first') brought the machine to life. Appreciate your help. Unfortunately I delivered the machine to the customer and it then did the same thing again. Do you suggest the CMOS clear to 'future proof' the board? Obviously I'll chat with tech support again about this too.
Thank you again.

I have no idea why JJP doesn't ship these with a momentary switch installed for the power. They did for some ECLE WOZ, and pretty much ALL owners will run into this issue at some point. I'd install a momentary switch like this:

https://www.amazon.ae/Computer-Motherboard-Switch-Reset-Power/dp/B09296LT15

in machines you send to your customers. If you order from Alibaba or Aliexpress you can get them for less than a dollar each Qty 12 at a time. It makes it WAY easier to get things going again when this happens if you have this already plugged in and waiting inside the backbox.

So in your case here, it could be a number of things (in order from most to least likely):

1. It wasn't left on long enough after you kickstarted it.
2. CMOS is corrupt
3. CMOS battery is flaky
4. Motherboard is bad
5. ATX power supply is bad

I'd try the CMOS clear (machine power OFF when you do this one) and if that doesn't do it, then CMOS battery replace/then clear again. And once you get it up, leave it up for a bit. If that doesn't do it, the motherboard or ATX power supply may be bad.

#9362 2 years ago

Not every WOZ.

LTG : )

#9363 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not every WOZ.

Oh, right. Maybe that was limited to the initial ECLEs.

But it should be a standard feature on ALL JJP machines. In quantity, it's something like 10-20 cents and would make support a LOT easier.

#9364 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe that was limited to the initial ECLEs.

It was spotty. Not related to model. Some had it. Some didn't. Some had a sticker "reset button inside", and some didn't. And some people added them.

#9365 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Light a 1/4 stick in the scoop hole .haha

I completely expected this

#9366 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have developed a new system for backbox lighting that is an improvement over our existing one. This new system provides much more even and multi-directional lighting, does not use individual LEDs in the same manner our current system uses, is generally brighter and less harsh, the lighting is bendable and uses less power. Because of these benefits, the install is simpler too.
It's now available on our website...
[quoted image]

@lermods
Is the old system also on the website or is it all new system from here on out?
On your website there is no indication that it is a new system.
I want to try out the new one, don't want to mistakenly order the old one.

#9367 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Lermods
Is the old system also on the website or is it all new system from here on out?
On your website there is no indication that it is a new system.
I want to try out the new one, don't want to mistakenly order the old one.

Any orders placed are now on the new system, website has been updated. This new lighting is really exciting. They cost at least 3x as much as traditional leds (you can’t buy them at Walmart, lol), but it saves me on labor to make them so we are not raising the price. These are used in high end applications for things like kitchen remodeling. The lighting is so smooth and even, brighter, has no harshness and draws LESS power! Because of how well these distribute light, the install is now much easier and less cumbersome. The install is literally 5 minutes or less. It will take you longer to take the tape off the backing than it will be to install it.

The RGB version will remain on the traditional system as our new system does not support multi-color.

#9368 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Any orders placed are now on the new system, website has been updated. This new lighting is really exciting. They cost at least 3x as much as traditional leds (you can’t buy them at Walmart, lol), but it saves me on labor to make them so we are not raising the price. These are used in high end applications for things like kitchen remodeling. The lighting is so smooth and even, brighter has no harshness and draws LESS power! Because of well these distribute light, the install is now much easier and less cumbersome. The install is literally 5 minutes or less. It will take you longer to take the tape off the backing than it will be to install it.
The RGB version will remain on the traditional system as our new system does not support multi-color.

Question about your lighting colors. Cool vs warm. Do you know what color JJP has installed in the machines? I would like to compare the current color to yours so I know which is which. If that makes any sense! Is JJP’s color warm or cool? Thanks

#9369 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Question about your lighting colors. Cool vs warm. Do you know what color JJP has installed in the machines? I would like to compare the current color to yours so I know which is which. If that makes any sense! Is JJP’s color warm or cool? Thanks

They use a cooler white. Warm to me looks better and our lights replace what they use.

#9370 2 years ago

For those who have used a small iron to repair pooling before it cracks, which iron brand do you recommend? I’m a total noob at this and wouldn’t even know what to google other than “iron”

Trying to find one like Nick on Buffalo Pinball used with a round head.

I have a LE coming in the very distant future, but a Stern arriving in a week or two and it’d be handy to have an iron on hand. Just in case...

#9371 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

For those who have used a small iron to repair pooling before it cracks, which iron brand do you recommend? I’m a total noob at this and wouldn’t even know what to google other than “iron”
Trying to find one like Nick on Buffalo Pinball used with a round head.
I have a LE coming in the very distant future, but a Stern arriving in a week or two and it’d be handy to have an iron on hand. Just in case...

I wouldn't assume you're going to have problems. Don't even think about ironing unless you do.

#9372 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wouldn't assume you're going to have problems. Don't even think about ironing unless you do.

I think it’s highly unlikely that I’ll need it, and I don’t plan on touching my play field with an iron except as a last resort. But I like to be prepared just in case. It’s the nature of my personality

#9373 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Any orders placed are now on the new system, website has been updated. This new lighting is really exciting. They cost at least 3x as much as traditional leds (you can’t buy them at Walmart, lol), but it saves me on labor to make them so we are not raising the price. These are used in high end applications for things like kitchen remodeling. The lighting is so smooth and even, brighter, has no harshness and draws LESS power! Because of how well these distribute light, the install is now much easier and less cumbersome. The install is literally 5 minutes or less. It will take you longer to take the tape off the backing than it will be to install it.

This looks great. Was browsing the site and the trough light looks cool to but I can't confidently order unless I knew which picture was which color.. is the order red, white blue purple or red blue purple white? Would help if I knew which picture was what color. Same with the back field, etc.
Also would be helpful, to have a translite warm and cool comparison picture... Otherwise..
Ready to order!!

#9374 2 years ago

I'm not trying to come off as woke or PC, but I noticed that the condom, bra, and underwear patches are still accessible in "non-adult mode."

This does not offend me one bit. I do not have kids and I'm very Rated R, however, I will soon have friends with kids finally coming to visit me. This is a game with flashy lights and cool toys, so kids are naturally going to gravitate towards it. Perhaps I am wrong.
It's just that I have a small collection, so it's not like they can walk over and play TMNT or Wonka while the adults throw down on GNR.

The game is obviously not intended for younger players, but it would make me feel more comfortable having the ability to hide sensitive patches like a condom or women's underwear when an 10-year old girl or boy is in my home. I would definitely want to have this as an option if I had a daughter.
It makes me a bit uneasy. I don't want to put my friends in an uncomfortable spot explaining or trying to hide "stuff" to their kid(s). The same applies if I decide to throw a work party sometime in the future. I want to be sensitive to those who are sensitive. Make sense?

Again, I know this is GNR, but I do wish there was a way to hide these particular patches, including the lighter. At the very least, perhaps they could become something else in Family Mode, even if each one is missing a callout. One could argue about guns not being kid-friendly, but there's no getting around it.

How do you parents deal with it? Are the kids kept off-limits?
In all seriousness, how does JJP address this in somewhere like Utah? I imagine their endgame is to sell as many games as possible.

#9375 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I'm not trying to come off as woke or PC, but I noticed that the condom, bra, and underwear patches are still accessible in "non-adult mode."
This does not offend me one bit. I do not have kids and I'm very Rated R, however, I will soon have friends with kids finally coming to visit me. This is a game with flashy lights and cool toys, so kids are naturally going to gravitate towards it. Perhaps I am wrong.
It's just that I have a small collection, so it's not like they can walk over and play TMNT or Wonka while the adults throw down on GNR.
The game is obviously not intended for younger players, but it would make me feel more comfortable having the ability to hide sensitive patches like a condom or women's underwear when an 10-year old girl or boy is in my home. I would definitely want to have this as an option if I had a daughter.
It makes me a bit uneasy. I don't want to put my friends in an uncomfortable spot explaining or trying to hide "stuff" to their kid(s). The same applies if I decide to throw a work party sometime in the future. I want to be sensitive to those who are sensitive. Make sense?
Again, I know this is GNR, but I do wish there was a way to hide these particular patches, including the lighter. At the very least, perhaps they could become something else in Family Mode, even if each one is missing a callout. One could argue about guns not being kid-friendly, but there's no getting around it.
In all seriousness, how does JJP address this in somewhere like Utah? I imagine their endgame is to sell as many games as possible.

I’m very curious about Utah’s thoughts on this...

In all seriousness, I’m in the same boat with no kids but friends and family who have youngin’s. I plan to just leave GNR off, at least while the kids are in the room. GNR will always be there for adult nights, just like Cards Against Humanity.

But I can see how it’s more of a conundrum with a small collection.

#9376 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

In your situation, I would just let the parents know and let them decide on what they want to do. It's pretty simple for them to tell their kids "No, not that one." As for how I handle it in my own home... When the kids were younger I would simply avoid themes that I didn't feel were age appropriate for the kids.

JJP has plenty of family friendly titles. Not every one needs to be kid friendly.

#9377 2 years ago

Does JJP sell replacement record decals? I got the shitty Chinese Democracy one and want to change it.

#9378 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Contact Yelobird he had a kit at one time.

Quoted from Psw757:

Does JJP sell replacement record decals?

Contact Nate at JJP.

#9379 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact Yelobird he had a kit at one time.

Contact Nate at JJP.

Thanks LTG!

#9380 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Everything you need to know on the subject is in the yelobird repair thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#9381 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This looks great. Was browsing the site and the trough light looks cool to but I can't confidently order unless I knew which picture was which color.. is the order red, white blue purple or red blue purple white? Would help if I knew which picture was what color. Same with the back field, etc.
Also would be helpful, to have a translite warm and cool comparison picture... Otherwise..
Ready to order!!

Ditto what he said! Would be helpful to have them labeled in some way.

#9382 2 years ago

How is the code coming along? I assume Keith is on it (right?). How does it compare to WOZ and DI for depth? Are there any major code features planned that are not yet implemented?

#9383 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I noticed that the condom, bra, and underwear patches are still accessible in "non-adult mode."

Again, I know this is GNR, but I do wish there was a way to hide these particular patches, including the lighter.

What's the world come to .
Condoms , bras and undies and even lighters are now offensive ?

Quoted from highdef:

Isn't Utah the state where you can have as many underage wives as you want , I wouldn't be looking to them for moral guidance .

IMG_20210509_165756 (resized).jpgIMG_20210509_165756 (resized).jpg
#9384 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Isn't Utah the state where you can have as many underage wives as you want

Not legally, but it's still done.

#9385 2 years ago

You people have clearly never been to Utah. No polygamy isn’t legal. Yes you can buy alcohol and go to bars. Most of the state isn’t even Mormon and Mormons aren’t any more pearl clutching than any other conservative religion.

#9386 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You people have clearly never been to Utah. No polygamy isn’t legal. Yes you can buy alcohol and go to bars. Most of the state isn’t even Mormon and Mormons aren’t any more pearl clutching than any other conservative religion.

youpeople.jpgyoupeople.jpg
#9387 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Lol

#9388 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact Nate at JJP.

You have a email address for Nate?

#9389 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea why JJP doesn't ship these with a momentary switch installed for the power. They did for some ECLE WOZ, and pretty much ALL owners will run into this issue at some point. I'd install a momentary switch like this:
amazon.com link »
in machines you send to your customers. If you order from Alibaba or Aliexpress you can get them for less than a dollar each Qty 12 at a time. It makes it WAY easier to get things going again when this happens if you have this already plugged in and waiting inside the backbox.
So in your case here, it could be a number of things (in order from most to least likely):
1. It wasn't left on long enough after you kickstarted it.
2. CMOS is corrupt
3. CMOS battery is flaky
4. Motherboard is bad
5. ATX power supply is bad
I'd try the CMOS clear (machine power OFF when you do this one) and if that doesn't do it, then CMOS battery replace/then clear again. And once you get it up, leave it up for a bit. If that doesn't do it, the motherboard or ATX power supply may be bad.

Great stuff, thanks again PinMonk. When I perform a CMOS clear, is anything else required after that (such as software install)? Cheers.

#9390 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You have a email address for Nate?

[email protected]

#9391 2 years ago

Out of curiosity, when should this greasy stuff be applied for maintenance?

AB31EA5B-2F22-4CED-ADF9-1C6A767366AE (resized).jpegAB31EA5B-2F22-4CED-ADF9-1C6A767366AE (resized).jpeg
#9392 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Out of curiosity, when should this greasy stuff be applied for maintenance?
[quoted image]

Super Lube is what I use for spinners. That note is likely an assembly note for the factory, so unless you feel like it's not spinning properly it probably doesn't need it (yet.)

I haven't lubed mine.

#9393 2 years ago

Do any of you Nancy’s actually play the game or just talk about snapped rubbers and mods?!! Someone tell me how to blow this thing up!! Paging Eskaybee

#9394 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Do any of you Nancy’s actually play the game or just talk about snapped rubbers and mods?!! Someone tell me how to blow this thing up!! Paging Eskaybee

Yeah we play.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9395 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah we play.

Holy smokes! That game must be on rout?

#9397 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Holy smokes! That game must be on route?

No, it's a personal game. Susan and I play a lot and are competitive with one another.

#9398 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah we play.
[quoted image]

Atta Boy! Play the crap out of that bad boy!

#9399 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Atta Boy! Play the crap out of that bad boy!

Hell yeah, that's what it's for right?

You should see the stats on our Wonka

#9400 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hell yeah, that's what it's for right?
You should see the stats on our Wonka

Lets see them! I love WW and will be picking up a G&R soon! My wife loves the band me nope never really liked them, but I gotta feeling the pin may change that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/188?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.