IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 568.
#9251 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I replaced my spotlights today, when I looked at the broken ones, it looks like there is a horizontal misalignment that pulls them laterally apart making them break. See photo...[quoted image]

Did both servos have mounting screws?

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did both servos have mounting screws?

I'm not sure what you are asking, sorry... But each spotlight was attached to the pin with two screws.

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Karl good. [quoted image]

This is a song I dislike and would normally skip. I've gotten some decent scores just trying to erase factory or other peoples scores. Maybe I need to embrace the hate! Great score!

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm not sure what you are asking, sorry... But each spotlight was attached to the pin with two screws.

Yes I meant the screws that mount the servo to the assembly. It definitely looks a bit misaligned in your pic

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This is a song I dislike and would normally skip. I've gotten some decent scores just trying to erase factory or other peoples scores. Maybe I need to embrace the hate! Great score!

Estranged and November Rain are super long songs. If you can get 2 or 3 big band frenzys during them they can get massive very quickly. But of all the songs to hate, Estranged?? It's fantastic.

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Estranged and November Rain are super long songs. If you can get 2 or 3 big band frenzys during them they can get massive very quickly. But of all the songs to hate, Estranged?? It's fantastic.

I agree, some of my goto GnR tunes are great, but I'm really loving alot of the slower build up songs...great mood setters with the lightshow

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Where did you get your black mirror blades. The only place I found them was at Pinball Decals.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html
Are there any other sources for the black mirror blades?

Yeah, that’s where I bought mine. Great quality, very pleased! Not cheap tho.

#9258 2 years ago

For those that may have missed this: About a month ago the band released some fantastic sounding live recordings of a Brazil show from a few years ago. Axl is on point. Worth the time to watch and listen. Just fantastic stuff.

#9259 2 years ago

My promised reminder for those that have been patiently waiting:

The jjGnR Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits will be back in the Pinmonk.com store tomorrow (Friday) at noon PST. If I get too many, I may pause them again, but they should be up for the afternoon, at the very least.

Note that these are ONLY for JJP GnR, not for other JJP games. With the redesigned bracket being moved to the side mount like the Spike machines, I have to customize them a bit for each JJP machine. So, for right now, jjGnR only.

#9260 2 years ago

#9261 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I have a temporary large washer in place and next week I am going to fix it with an iron and some PETG / fiber washers. I am 100% certain I can fix and cover this back to new plus it's in an inconspicuous area.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, the yelobird vinyl iron method is something you definitely want to do to get that ridge down, or it will eventually chip.

#9262 2 years ago

Seems like we have a lot of people with games that are unhappy and a bunch of unhappy people that haven't got their games yet. I'm going to say the solution is clear... the unhappy owners sell their games to those desperately wishing they had what appears to be one of the best pinball games currently out there!

Certainly this isn't about gameplay, which is what pinball is *mostly* about. This is about art and expensive toys with 200mph flying balls hitting stuff, creating damage that is *unsightly* to the point that the game can not be enjoyed? Ok, hear me out...

I'd bet that after the $1K price increase by JJP that all of those unhappy recipients of their game could sell right now and break even! And I'd bet those that just want to play the game and don't mind the chip here and there can do that. When JJP gets all this figured out, the people that sold their games can buy a new one and have that perfect game! So to those that can sell their early release game for $9500+, do you really feel burned at this point? It's not like this was done deliberately by JJP.. and you can most likely move your game at no or very little loss (IF YOU MOVE IT NOW). And who's to say.... what value do you place on actually getting the game early and playing 1000 games on it when everyone else is salivating and wishing they had it? Some even like the bragging rights of having a GNR right now (my opinion).

So why do I say all this? It's all perspective.

#9263 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Seems like we have a lot of people with games that are unhappy and a bunch of unhappy people that haven't got their games yet. I'm going to say the solution is clear... the unhappy owners sell their games to those desperately wishing they had what appears to be one of the best pinball games currently out there!
Certainly this isn't about gameplay, which is what pinball is *mostly* about. This is about art and expensive toys with 200mph flying balls hitting stuff, creating damage that is *unsightly* to the point that the game can not be enjoyed? Ok, hear me out...
I'd bet that after the $1K price increase by JJP that all of those unhappy recipients of their game could sell right now and break even! And I'd bet those that just want to play the game and don't mind the chip here and there can do that. When JJP gets all this figured out, the people that sold their games can buy a new one and have that perfect game! So to those that can sell their early release game for $9500+, do you really feel burned at this point? It's not like this was done deliberately by JJP.. and you can most likely move your game at no or very little loss (IF YOU MOVE IT NOW). And who's to say.... what value do you place on actually getting the game early and playing 1000 games on it when everyone else is salivating and wishing they had it? Some even like the bragging rights of having a GNR right now (my opinion).

I for one am not unhappy at all (if this wasn't directed at my last post, my apologies). New April build also with the new Mirco playfield QC stamp. This thing is bolted to the floor and never leaving. GNR is without a doubt a stellar game. I like tinkering and fixing my games to the point of sometimes, I think I have the playfield up more than down...But if there are problem areas I can find to help people out, I post it with that intention. I'm always learning something new.

I'm of the mindset that these things are just wood and metal and they dent, warp and age and meant to be played and not speculated on like the FOMO commodity they are becomming with certain people...But if I can do some preventative work to prevent or correct what was a lineworker oversight or mistake, I definitely will and try to share it for the benefit of others

#9264 2 years ago

No, it's posting while drunk.

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, it's posting while drunk.

If you can still type you are not drunk enough!

#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

QC Alert! Check your left orbit entry rail washer/post.
This is the only washer I have on the playfield like this so it's a one off...but just check yours to make sure.
The washer is literally warped and deformed from the pressure.
I wouldn't even call this pooling in the playfield..this is extreme torque denting! Looks to me like the line person just kept wrenching until the proper alignment on the rail was reached, playfield be damned
I think this is asking a little much from any playfield so I'm not blaming Mirco here (this time)
I have a temporary large washer in place and next week I am going to fix it with an iron and some PETG / fiber washers. I am 100% certain I can fix and cover this back to new plus it's in an inconspicuous area.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What number are you? I wonder if there were some new employees that weren’t fully practicing quality control.

#9267 2 years ago

G'day everyone. I've taken delivery of our first batch of LE's and I have one machine DOA. I suspect a dead CPU that requires jump start (IO board has power when turned on, but no fans are spinning). It has the ATX power supply. I have watched the YouTube video for jump starting a JJP CPU and I'm willing to try this on the game.

However, the input wires on the 24 pin connector to the CPU are ALL black, and the manual does not contain pinout information for this CPU yet. I have emailed JJP tech support but thought I would check here also.

Has anyone had to jump start a GNR yet? Thanks in advance.

#9268 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

This is exactly what i did, but buy another? No way! I will never buy another JJP anything.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

This is exactly what i did, but buy another? No way! I will never buy another JJP anything.

I've said that many times in the past about Stern also (slow code rollout on new game and/or quality issue) but since I'm so much into pinball my protest didn't last all that long and I eventually forged forward with another NIB

#9270 2 years ago

Looking for some advice on the scoop .I’ve played around with the L/R pitch and scoop strength but no matter what I do the best I can get is having to hard nudge with a double slap to possibly save 1/7 balls otherwise SDTM.I’ve watched streams most notable buffalos original which showed the scoop was sending the ball right smack middle of the left flipper .Before I get into tinkering with the scoop is there anything else in the adjustments I can try to correct this it’s almost making the game unenjoyable .Almost.Thanks for any help .

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

QC Alert! Check your left orbit entry rail washer/post.
This is the only washer I have on the playfield like this so it's a one off...but just check yours to make sure.
The washer is literally warped and deformed from the pressure.
I wouldn't even call this pooling in the playfield..this is extreme torque denting! Looks to me like the line person just kept wrenching until the proper alignment on the rail was reached, playfield be damned
I think this is asking a little much from any playfield so I'm not blaming Mirco here (this time)

I had a similar issue. Luckily it was pretty easy to fix using the method you described.

#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for some advice on the scoop .I’ve played around with the L/R pitch and scoop strength but no matter what I do the best I can get is having to hard nudge with a double slap to possibly save 1/7 balls otherwise SDTM.I’ve watched streams most notable buffalos original which showed the scoop was sending the ball right smack middle of the left flipper .Before I get into tinkering with the scoop is there anything else in the adjustments I can try to correct this it’s almost making the game unenjoyable .Almost.Thanks for any help .

Adjust the hood slightly

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust the hood slightly

Thanks CW

#9274 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

When I installed my Cliffy on the scoop, there is a little play in the hood as Chuck mentioned to adjust it. There are two hex screws holdingit in place. You should be able to stick a small hax driver or phillips head bewtween the guitar lock off ramps and loosen then retighten to offset / aim the scoop a little more to the left so it contacts the left flipper...I would guess there are a couple mm of play in the hood.

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Band Frenzy, yo!
Get yourself a Fender patch. In song, spam the active band member until Band Frenzy starts, then feed as many balls into the spinner/pops as you can.
When you hear gunshots popping off like popcorn you know you're in the butter zone.

you are making me missing the cinemas even more Zaphx. Dammit.

#9276 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For those that may have missed this: About a month ago the band released some fantastic sounding live recordings of a Brazil show from a few years ago. Axl is on point. Worth the time to watch and listen. Just fantastic stuff.

I am waiting for the show next year in Groningen The Netherlands. Tickets are hanging on the fridge.

#9277 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What number are you? I wonder if there were some new employees that weren’t fully practicing quality control.

663 April build

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say someone wasn't paying attention. They may have been focusing on the guide angle and ball end position versus what they were doing to achieve it. I can see how it would be missed as you dont really notice the damage until you remove the washer.

#9278 2 years ago

Can someone explain what qualifies thirst for carnage mode?
Got it twice in a row on games that weren’t great.

#9279 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Appetite for Destruction Song Album qualification progress

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

play through songs from Appetite for Destruction for 3 minutes in total to qualify for the album mode Thirst for Carnage.
Gettting the Appetite for Destruction patch will help greatly in completing it.

#9281 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

play through songs from Appetite for Destruction for 3 minutes in total to qualify for the album mode Thirst for Carnage.
Gettting the Appetite for Destruction patch will help greatly in completing it.

The 3 minutes I assume applies to all the album modes?
I was thinking how did I get here on a very sub par game and on games where I’ve gotten my highest scores didn’t see these modes.

#9282 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The 3 minutes I assume applies to all the album modes?
I was thinking how did I get here on a very sub par game and on games where I’ve gotten my highest scores didn’t see these modes.

It’s based on time in the album only. You can have horrible scores and make it to the album modes.

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:When I installed my Cliffy on the scoop, there is a little play in the hood as Chuck mentioned to adjust it. There are two hex screws holdingit in place. You should be able to stick a small hax driver or phillips head bewtween the guitar lock off ramps and loosen then retighten to offset / aim the scoop a little more to the left so it contacts the left flipper...I would guess there are a couple mm of play in the hood.

Thank you

#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

When I installed my Cliffy on the scoop, there is a little play in the hood as Chuck mentioned to adjust it. There are two hex screws holdingit in place. You should be able to stick a small hax driver or phillips head bewtween the guitar lock off ramps and loosen then retighten to offset / aim the scoop a little more to the left so it contacts the left flipper...I would guess there are a couple mm of play in the hood.

I successfully did this and I'm still 80% SDTM. Definitely frustrated. Any other recommendations?

#9285 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

G'day everyone. I've taken delivery of our first batch of LE's and I have one machine DOA. I suspect a dead CPU that requires jump start (IO board has power when turned on, but no fans are spinning). It has the ATX power supply. I have watched the YouTube video for jump starting a JJP CPU and I'm willing to try this on the game.
However, the input wires on the 24 pin connector to the CPU are ALL black, and the manual does not contain pinout information for this CPU yet. I have emailed JJP tech support but thought I would check here also.
Has anyone had to jump start a GNR yet? Thanks in advance.

The video has the connector pins counted out so you can still find the right ones by counting from the top of the connector. You can also jump it from the motherboard jumper pins.

When you power on, are all the red LEDs lit on the big board below the CPU box?

#9286 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s based on time in the album only. You can have horrible scores and make it to the album modes.

Lucky for me

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The video has the connector pins counted out so you can still find the right ones by counting from the top of the connector. You can also jump it from the motherboard jumper pins.
When you power on, are all the red LEDs lit on the big board below the CPU box?

Yes the IO board has power (red LED’s lit with power applied).

#9288 2 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

I successfully did this and I'm still 80% SDTM. Definitely frustrated. Any other recommendations?

Maybe an issue with coil power to the scoop? Is the plunger moving freely, aligned correctly within the coil sleeve etc?

#9289 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Yes the IO board has power (red LED’s lit with power applied).

If that's the case, then yeah, you can do the jump from the video, or, depending on which motherboard you have, jump the power on jumper and if that doesn't work, the CMOS clear pin points (or jumper).

#9290 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe an issue with coil power to the scoop? Is the plunger moving freely, aligned correctly within the coil sleeve etc?

So far as I can tell from inspection most definitely. I guess I'll fiddle with the coil power settings and see what happens.

#9291 2 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

So far as I can tell from inspection most definitely. I guess I'll fiddle with the coil power settings and see what happens.

How's the angle on the scoop hood? (Note mine aiming at the left flipper)

IMG_3038.jpegIMG_3038.jpeg
#9292 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

After about 20 minutes of play my upper right slipper starts to stick. Anyone else have this issue?

I had a similar problem but not exactly the same. It felt like it was sticky during play, but moved freely upon inspection. Turns out, it was the contracts that the right button push on to activate the two right flippers. They were installed a bit sloppy and the spacing wasn’t right, causing the upper right flipper to go haywire. The bottom (normal) right flipper had no issue. A little bending of those long tabs and we were back in business! Good luck!

#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Yeah, that’s where I bought mine. Great quality, very pleased! Not cheap tho.

Thanks for the confirmation. Guess I will bite the bullet and get them. I have not seen any art blades I like yet so this may be my only option.

Unfortunately I need to adjust my lock bar mech where it attaches the the cabinet. My playfield sits a bit askew and I have minimal space on the right front due to it. Adjusted the playfield fangs a bit that go into the lock bar mech but that only bought me about a half millimeter of space. I am sure I can shift the lock bar mech over a bit and have an even mil or two on either side for the mirror blades.

#9294 2 years ago

Anyone still waiting since mid October for the GNR to be shipped?

#9295 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:Anyone still waiting since mid October for the GNR to be shipped?

Me!

#9296 2 years ago

I have two mates close to me who were day 1 orders and are still waiting here with no indication on time frames.

It's in JJP's interests to get the games out as quick as possible, so i'm positive that's what they are doing.

#9297 2 years ago

Just had my playfield up looking at an issue and found these 2 items lurking in the cabinet.
Any idea where they are from.?
The screw looked like it had some loctite on it16204281644896439283186821124757 (resized).jpg16204281644896439283186821124757 (resized).jpg

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Anyone still waiting since mid October for the GNR to be shipped?

Day 1… waiting.

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Day 1… waiting.

Who is your Distro?

#9300 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Who is your Distro?

PinballSTAR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/186?hl=stags6969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.