IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 569.
#9101 2 years ago

Who makes a translite light kit to light the dark edges? Non color changing preffered.

#9102 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks very much for the honest feedback, appreciate it. Good to know you have confidence in our Distro, that is extremely important to me.

I had a mark on one of the rails on unboxing my LE, Paul was straight on the phone once i emailed and said he'd get a replacement down the track for me.

Month or so later there it was. He's good people as far as i can tell.

#9103 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Who makes a translite light kit to light the dark edges? Non color changing preffered.

Walmart. $6. You want the USB TV wall backlighting kit. If yours doesn't have the cheap kit, you can get a 3 pack of 6.5' color changing (or white) remote controlled usb powered strips for $30:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-Illuminessence-3-LED-Strip-Kit-with-Premium-RF-Touch-Remote/751528543

#9104 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Went with the soft white (amber) LED strips. The artwork is fantastic and too bad JJP didn’t light it up for shit. Oh well that’s the cheapest mod there ever was and well worth it especially running the jukebox IMO.
[quoted image]

That looks fantastic. Thanks for the detailed photos as well. I will give this a go myself.

#9105 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Walmart. $6. You want the USB TV wall backlighting kit.

Isn’t a wire tap needed or connector?

#9106 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My tech noticed that same post has an identical chip on mine on the weekend. I emailed my distributor just to seek his advice about how best to cover it and he rang straight back (as always).
He said to use a hairdryer to try to settle it and cover with a fibre washer which i intend to do.
I think the idea of a new playfield because of it is hysteria.

Oh man, I hadn't heard the dryer approach but that totally makes sense. The "flap" on mine is hard as nails so this will help get it flush to the rest of the playfield. Thanks for sharing!

#9107 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Check out post #9069

LTG : )

#9108 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can splice them in, or if you get the USB ones, they just plug into a USB port and turn on with the machine.

#9109 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Oh man, I hadn't heard the dryer approach but that totally makes sense. The "flap" on mine is hard as nails so this will help get it flush to the rest of the playfield. Thanks for sharing!

Paul said that he was advising that as far back as Dialed In, and it worked. He sent me a link on my phone but i haven't looked at it yet.

#9110 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Paul said that he was advising that as far back as Dialed In, and it worked. He sent me a link on my phone but i haven't looked at it yet.

The vinyl repair iron process yelobird recommends is much more targeted and also gives great results:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

I know I will be taking all the accessible posts off and hardening the areas manually with that iron to save headaches later. Should I have to? No. But thems the breaks. It's an ongoing problem so defensive measures are necessary.

#9111 2 years ago

Help would be appreciated

Game won't load, stuck in loop

All CPU fans, I/O board running, all LED's start then turn off

20210504_185449 (resized).jpg20210504_185449 (resized).jpg
#9112 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Help would be appreciated

Game won't load, stuck in loop

All CPU fans, I/O board running, all LED's start then turn off

Please add that you hooked the Pinwoofer GT up and then it started doing this.

Without all the details, you'll get help that won't help.

#9113 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Cut the plug for the old LED and spliced in two 6 foot fixtures from amazon[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you install 12v light strips? I ask because I think they also come in 6v.

Any reflection on the glass caused by this?

#9114 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just a cut and splice anyone with a man card should be able to handle. I thought twice about cutting out the factory lights but this machine is bolted to the floor anyways so I don’t really care about selling it to this crowd

#9115 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looking at the sequence, I don't think it was Pinwoofer just a coincidence

#9116 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did you install 12v light strips? I ask because I think they also come in 6v.
Any reflection on the glass caused by this?

I installed 12 feet of 12v LEDs and I don’t really notice a glare on the invisiglass. The light show is so bright anyways I don’t think it’s a deterrent to seeing the artwork in full detail

#9117 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We already spoke. This is a BIOS / boot error and has nothing to do with the audio. Maybe he needs a fix for the beta software version he's been running, or the full game USB image for GNR (which is not yet posted on your website). I'm not sure.

LTG - I recommended that he get with you so can you offer some assistance. If it comes down to it, please provide me the BIOS code and I'll debug it.

Thanks

#9118 2 years ago

Just cashed in a 7,500 point jackpot just to make Chinese Democracy go away.

#9119 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Looking at the sequence, I don't think it was Pinwoofer just a coincidence

Agree - reminds me of the time I flicked a light switch and the power grid went down.

#9120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

full game USB image for GNR

Full install of 1.21 is on the JJP website. I'd do that.

#9121 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Full install of 1.21 is on the JJP website. I'd do that.

Will this work considering the BIOS halt? Thanks

#9122 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok i didnt know that one long hex bolt thing would come off without hurting something. Thanks. Still learning!

I'm glad you worked it out. It wasn't so bad, right?

#9123 2 years ago

Okay, I removed the SATA drive and reconnected it and Linux was able to go into a recovery mode

It will now boot normally despite the one error message at the beginning. (recovering journal)

I am convinced this had nothing to do with Pinwoofer setup and just some inconvenient timing

Dan from Pinwoofer has been amazing on the phone and email the past 2 hours

Even though we both agree it's not the audio and something in the Bios, he has stuck by me this whole time with support

That's customer service!!!!

Screenshot 2021-05-04 194227 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-05-04 194227 (resized).jpg
#9124 2 years ago

Dan is amazing. I am in a customer service business too, but i am not a patch on him. He genuinely cares that his customers are on track, whether it's Sunday night family time or Monday morning work time.

#9125 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It will now boot normally despite the one error message at the beginning. (recovering journal)[quoted image]

My GNR reports similar boot errors and journal recovery.

The /dev/sda3 journal file is probably left open when the machine is shut off at the power sequence and this is Unbuntu's way of reporting a fix to the open file handle. Since this PC does not really have a classic off switch this is likely unavoidable.

Seems like the BIOS error should be addressed with an update?

Screenshot_20210504-GNR BOOT (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210504-GNR BOOT (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9126 2 years ago

After about 20 minutes of play my upper right slipper starts to stick. Anyone else have this issue?

#9127 2 years ago

Was able to give the Pinwoofer GT a good run with my External Klipsch hooked up as well!

NIGHT and DAY difference.

I thought I could get by with a tap off the cab to an external sub and call it a day. Nope. The tweeter upgrade and amp make the audio "Sparkle" is the best way I can describe it! All the while providing amazing bass, no hum, no rattle..just perfect blend. I'm hearing spatial orientation and callouts and sound effects that did not exist with the factory setup!

The ability to adjust the backbox volume and equalize things is HUGE.

A++++

Sorry this turned into a commercial but this is a must have mod for thie pin!

#9128 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The /dev/sda3 journal file is probably left open when the machine is shut off at the power switch and this is Unbuntu's way of reporting a fix to the open file handle. Since this PC does not really have a classic off switch this is likely unavoidable.
[quoted image]

Whew...so glad to know this is "normal" in linux land.

You are correct, all the stuff I've been reading is showing this is Linux / Unbuntu way of recovering from power cuts. Some where recommending BIOS upgrades as well

#9129 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

After about 20 minutes of play my upper right slipper starts to stick. Anyone else have this issue?

How many plays on the machine? Might need to replace the coil sleeve.

#9130 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Was able to give the Pinwoofer GT a good run with my External Klipsch hooked up as well!
I thought I could get by with a tap off the cab to an external sub and call it a day. Nope. The tweeter upgrade and amp make the audio "Sparkle" is the best way I can describe it! All the while providing amazing bass, no hum, no rattle..just perfect blend. I'm hearing spatial orientation and callouts and sound effects that did not exist with the factory setup!
A++++

There's some discussion on this exact question on the Deadpool owners thread atm. They could do with your input i'd reckon being as someone who has tried stand alone sub and sub with Pinwoofer as that was what the question was yesterday.

#9131 2 years ago

Anyone know how many more weeks JJP will be primarily focused on overseas games? I’m dying to get my LE.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Please link us to what and where we need to buy for this set up. Thanks!

#9132 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know how many more weeks JJP will be primarily focused on overseas games? I’m dying to get my LE.

Please link us to what and where we need to buy for this set up. Thanks!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

#9133 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's some discussion on this exact question on the Deadpool owners thread atm. They could do with your input i'd reckon being as someone who has tried stand alone sub and sub with Pinwoofer as that was what the question was yesterday.

Hey PunkPin ! I put some comments out there earlier. The gadgets for the external stuff are fun and some guys eat it up, so we support it. (Like your stuff that went missing in the outback last month when we thought a Dingo ate it!)

Our focus still remains on the internal integration since that's where most of the interest lies - provide a great sounding system that's easy to install. But, we'll help anyone reach their goals.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/185#post-6261708

Good times!

#9134 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The /dev/sda3 journal file is probably left open when the machine is shut off at the power switch and this is Unbuntu's way of reporting a fix to the open file handle. Since this PC does not really have a classic off sequence this is likely unavoidable.
[quoted image]

#9135 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Took me about two months to get a replacement. Then the second one broke

Couple days on my RMA from contact to shipping, should be here in a couple days

#9136 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Make sure the coil stop is tight, and the plunger is aligned properly. Mine was loose a few days in.

#9137 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How many plays on the machine? Might need to replace the coil sleeve.

500 plays.

#9138 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Make sure the coil stop is tight, and the plunger is aligned properly. Mine was loose a few days in.

Coil stop is tight. I looked at the plunger and it seems to be fine. I'll check over it again just to be safe! Thanks

#9139 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Coil stop is tight. I looked at the plunger and it seems to be fine. I'll check over it again just to be safe! Thanks

So what I'd check:

- When you manually move the flipper to the full extent do you feel any friction or grabbing? The plunger might be entering the coil at an angle. If so, loosen the pawl nut and adjust the vertical position until the plunger enters the coil smoothly.
- Replace the coil sleeve (or at least remove/clean it)
- Does the flipper feel like it can be wiggled more than the others? The flipper bushing might have broken.
- Examine the coil stop - is it concave? (It shouldn't be yet, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
- Examine the plunger - is it mushroomed? (It shouldn't be yet, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Watch this video and you'll know everything there is to know about flippers!

#9140 2 years ago

I thought it was a mistake when I got mine but is that post in the middle lane supposed to be bare? Wouldn't that bang up the ball a bit too much? I added a rubber to mine.

3168e71c7cdaf2b448054d3ea7773926e9f06f3b (resized).jpg3168e71c7cdaf2b448054d3ea7773926e9f06f3b (resized).jpg
#9141 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So what I'd check:
- When you manually move the flipper to the full extent do you feel any friction or grabbing? The plunger might be entering the coil at an angle. If so, loosen the pawl nut and adjust the vertical position until the plunger enters the coil smoothly.
- Replace the coil sleeve (or at least remove/clean it)
- Does the flipper feel like it can be wiggled more than the others? The flipper bushing might have broken.
- Examine the coil stop - is it concave? (It shouldn't be yet, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
- Examine the plunger - is it mushroomed? (It shouldn't be yet, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Watch this video and you'll know everything there is to know about flippers!

Great info! Thank you. I appreciate it.

#9142 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I thought it was a mistake when I got mine but is that post in the middle lane supposed to be bare? Wouldn't that bang up the ball a bit too much? I added a rubber to mine.
[quoted image]

It's by design AFAIK. Adding a rubber probably makes that outlane area more bouncy/drainy.

#9143 2 years ago

Quoted from zaphX:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

IMG_20210505_231748 (resized).jpgIMG_20210505_231748 (resized).jpg
#9144 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's by design AFAIK. Adding a rubber probably makes that outlane area more bouncy/drainy.

Correct. Adding a rubber will 100% cause more bounce and more drains. This is designed to NOT have a rubber

#9145 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

A++++

I'll pile on here.
Bought and installed the Pinwoofer system in my GnR LE a while ago and just last night installed the tweeter upgrade and the line trimmer for the external sub.
What a difference.
The external sub doesn't need much before it overwhelms but the difference with the tweeters was way better than I expected.
As others have said, Dan has a massive "gives a sh!t about his product" factor that shows.
He knows it's a premium product and wants you to be happy with it.
If you're on the fence in picking a system up, go for it.
It improves the game for sure.

#9146 2 years ago

Um... I know its "supposed" to be a torpedo/missile but it just seems they went a little extra mile to make it a dick. That the chick is riding. Amirite?

3168e71c7cdaf2b448054d3ea7773926e9f06f3b (resized).jpg3168e71c7cdaf2b448054d3ea7773926e9f06f3b (resized).jpg
#9147 2 years ago

Any toppers in the works for the LE?

#9148 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Um... I know its "supposed" to be a torpedo/missile but it just seems they went a little extra mile to make it a dick. That the chick is riding. Amirite?
[quoted image]

definitely a cock

#9149 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

“Rocket Queen” ain’t about a spaceflight fangirl…

#9150 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm glad you worked it out. It wasn't so bad, right?

Its funny. Ive owned like 10 machines and have 6 now. And ive never had to ask
How to do something like that. Hehe. Most its pretty simple and quick. Also have never had to replace after like 70 plays!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/183?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.