IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 568.
#9001 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

jarozi and TigerLaw
When did you order?

9-Oct from JJP. Latest ETA is Jun-Jul.

#9002 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I use dryer sheets.

So your game smells like Snuggle?

#9003 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The mods for this game are incredible. That skull housing around the shooter and the bullet shooter Rod, what a combo those are. So tempting to order them before I get my game.

Agreed, Iā€™ve ordered everything Lior has released to this point and am hoping his full topper doesnā€™t have a soul crushing price, but I fear it will based on what he charges for smaller things. I also went ahead and ordered Cliffyā€™s and a full set of Titans. Iā€™ve spent more on mods for this thing than some games cost me and I donā€™t even have the darn thing yet.

#9004 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Shhhhā€¦only when I take the glass off!

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are there still some significant features they plan to build in? Iā€™ve really not been following this thread as closely I should have been.

I do not know what is coming. But I know one of the album modes is not finished and I know they are working on adjusting some system settings. There is another thread for the beta testers that might contain more information. I do not read it. I will find the thread and post the link.

Here is the linkā€¦ https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Agreed, Iā€™ve ordered everything Lior has released to this point and am hoping his full topper doesnā€™t have a soul crushing price, but I fear it will based on what he charges for smaller things. I also went ahead and ordered Cliffyā€™s and a full set of Titans. Iā€™ve spent more on mods for this thing than some games cost me and I donā€™t even have the darn thing yet.

Liorā€™s stuff is simply crazy good. I could go broke on his stuff fast, particularly if heā€™s getting into toppers. Twilight Zone is a game I hope he does a topper for, in addition to GnR.

Does GnR perform better with Titans or super bands?

#9007 2 years ago

^^^ Also on the subject of mods
Now that I have an ETA of mid June for my pin.
I have already received my exceptional Lior Skull + Button mod.
Whatā€™s the best side blades to get for the LE?
Iā€™m usually a mirror man but thinking vinyl this time around due to clearance.

#9008 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start I'd turn the game off. Reseat connector at camera and motherboard. Be sure they are on tight. If there is a video card on the motherboard, be sure it is on tight too.
LTG : )

Thanks for the advice. I did exactly that and all connectors seemed to be okay. I then turned it on and now all's good. Must have been something a little loose after all. You're a legend Lloyd - thank you.

#9009 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Iā€™m usually a mirror man but thinking vinyl this time around due to clearance.

I just installed black mirror blades. I too was concerned about clearance but it's actually fine. No issues raising or lowering the playfield at all.

#9010 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I just installed black mirror blades. I too was concerned about clearance but it's actually fine. No issues raising or lowering the playfield at all.

Did you get them from kjs are they really shiny .

#9011 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Late, but I purchased an early order spot from another user.

Are there still some significant features they plan to build in? Iā€™ve really not been following this thread as closely I should have been.
The mods for this game are incredible. That skull housing around the shooter and the bullet shooter Rod, what a combo those are. So tempting to order them before I get my game.

I believe they are planning and can't wait for single song mini modes. Would be so much fun challenging friends to the same song.

#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Can you post some pics of the black mirror blades

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Can you post some pics of the black mirror blades

Check out Post #1225 . Thanks to TheGunnett .
Or type in " black mirror blades " in topic search .

IMG_20210503_224704 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_224704 (resized).jpg
#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Black mirror 100%. I added them and have no issues with clearance when lifting the playfield.

#9015 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Hahaha I had a game once that just reeked so I cleaned it and finally ended up with a bunch of dryer sheets in it, and when my wife came
to check it out I was like ā€œwell?ā€ and she was like ā€œit smells like a laundromat!ā€

#9016 2 years ago

Is the pop bumper with high hat supposed to light up like the other two?

Mine doesnā€™t light and took the plastic and metal cover off and donā€™t see a bulb in there.

#9017 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is the pop bumper with high hat supposed to light up like the other two?

No.

#9018 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Thanks!

#9019 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

She will be - she was really frustrated by those drains (we both were.)
Unfortunately she is in Mexico on a scuba trip so it will be a week before she can try it.

So sorry for her being on a scuba trip. Jeez. I miss my scuba days.

#9020 2 years ago

Anyone else ever have this? The shooter plate is crooked.

Amazing pin nonetheless!

090D67B1-2C25-48FC-9948-A874AD38E74D (resized).jpeg090D67B1-2C25-48FC-9948-A874AD38E74D (resized).jpeg
#9021 2 years ago

Easy enough to fix. Have you had a look in there? Loosen screws, straighten and retighten.

#9022 2 years ago

PinMonk
Here is the picture of the motherboard. I believe it is the asrock H310

i will try the reset. thanks for the response!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9023 2 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

PinMonk
Here is the picture of the motherboard. I believe it is the asrock H310
i will try the reset. thanks for the response!!
[quoted image]

If you already tried the shorting pins 16/17 on the power adapter, the power jumper short might not work. If it doesn't, you need to do the CMOS clear when powered off (which is just two points on the board, no pins) then try the power jumper again with the machine already turned on.

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Did you get them from kjs are they really shiny .

Yep got them from KJS. I got the black which look good but I think if I did it again I'd just go regular mirror blades. The black are shiny but a bit more subtle with the reflection. It's hard to say without a direct comparison of both but as I said, I think I'd go regular mirror blades if I had my time over.

#9025 2 years ago

I am about 250 plays on on my CE and noticed this around a couple of the posts. What's the best way to repair this and/or prevent further damage. I tried the fender washer approach, but I don't care for the look and the fact that it could affect the play of the ball(two of the posts are in the pop bumpers). Any input is much appreciated.

20210429_172608 (resized).jpg20210429_172608 (resized).jpg20210426_210242 (resized).jpg20210426_210242 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9026 2 years ago
20210503_220618 (resized).jpg20210503_220618 (resized).jpg
#9027 2 years ago

I thought they fixed these issues?? Bummer. Not much can be done there except cover it, and hope it doesnā€™t get worse.

#9028 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I am about 250 plays on on my CE and noticed this around a couple of the posts. What's the best way to repair this and/or prevent further damage. I tried the fender washer approach, but I don't care for the look and the fact that it could affect the play of the ball(two of the posts are in the pop bumpers). Any input is much appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How about Cliffy's carbon fiber post rings?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/jp_cf_post.jpg

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Wow, I'm sorry to see that happening. JJP should send you a fully populated playfield in my opinion, there's no excuse for that to happen.

If you don't mind me asking what is your games build date?

#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

What did your distro or JJP say?

I thought we were past this shit. That just makes my heart sink, I really feel for you.

I feel for you and I sincerely hope that JJP look after you.

#9031 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I like my red though on my LE [quoted image]

Matches the brick orange armor.

#9032 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, I'm sorry to see that happening. JJP should send you a fully populated playfield in my opinion, there's no excuse for that to happen.

Another Mirco "quality" playfield. Bummer.

#9033 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, I'm sorry to see that happening. JJP should send you a fully populated playfield in my opinion.

I will need to double check...I believe build date 12/20. Barry at JJP told my distributor that they aren't sending out replacement playfields, but he did offer to send out washers. Another smaller issue that I brought to JJP's attention is that I have is some cloudiness/spots under the clear.

20210321_121331 (resized).jpg20210321_121331 (resized).jpg
#9034 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another Mirco "quality" playfield. Bummer.

Yeah. It's disappointing to say the least. JJP should have an SLA agreement with Mirco that basically fines them for quality issues like this within the first year.

Quoted from Chetrico:

I will need to double check...I believe build date 12/20. Barry at JJP told my distributor that they aren't sending out replacement playfields, but he did offer to send out washers. Another smaller issue that I brought to JJP's attention is that I have is some cloudiness/spots under the clear. [quoted image]

Thanks for the date. I'm sorry you were told that by JJP, that's not right at these prices. Hopefully that's the only affected area, will cover up well with a washer.

#9035 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. It's disappointing to say the least. JJP should have an SLA agreement with Mirco that basically fines them for quality issues like this within the first year.

JJP needs to be working with playfield clearcoat gurus as consultants to set up an in-house or affiliated line for their own playfields. They are WAY overdue for solving this problem, and all Mirco has is one excuse after another, year after year.

Set up a parallel line and work on getting the process right and then seed some in-house playfields into production along with the Mircos to test reliability. It will take a while, probably 2 years at least, but if they start now this playfield headache can be over for them sooner. They could also seed some of their in-house playfields into location machines at heavy traffic locations like Ayce Gogi and Sunshine Laundromat, etc and put some hard miles on the playfields in a short period of time to see how they hold up.

#9036 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for the date. I'm sorry you were told that by JJP, that's not right at these prices. Hopefully that's the only affected area, will cover up well with a washer.

Thank you. I'm sure it will all work out.

#9037 2 years ago

So does anyone have a song with their favorite lighting effects? I'd rank "Out to Get" me as my favorite so far.

It's fun how you experience different lighting moments, as you are able to play further into the song on subsequent plays.

#9038 2 years ago

Check your upper playfield. New April build

Recleared and put some water thin cyanoacrylate down around hole and edge of peel and put smaller washer over larger washer over mylar... That hole got chewed up fast.. paint and clear both gone. Not sure if the upper playfield got same treatment as lower... Here's the final look... Sorry don't have pics of the damage.. but it looks similar to the poster Chetrico above and I don't want to remove what I fixed to look. Just imagine an offset circle of clear the size of the small washer gone including the art, white playfield showing through.

There is a small halo of mylar around the washer, so you may see that in the reflection, that isn't pooling

This double washer, I believe, will disperse the force hopefully, and clears the ball completely not affecting play at all, and I don't notice it, frankly, I don't know why they didn't use larger washers in some of these areas

When you get these things new in the box keep checking every week because depending on who is putting it together, it definitely seems like some of these posts were torqued down way way too tight ... I'd almost go so far as to say to loosen things up under the playfield and hand tighten them just to be sure they're not over torqued...

I think Stern made the right decision in removing the art from around the posts...Mirco still can't get this right

My playfield looks great overall besides these couple problem areas so I'm going to keep an eye on everything and just closely monitor fixes as I go and keep playing ...that's pinball I guess...

20210503_230853 (resized).jpg20210503_230853 (resized).jpg
20210504_025008 (resized).jpg20210504_025008 (resized).jpg

#9039 2 years ago

I gave this post at the top of the inlane separator the same mylar and double washer treatment as it was getting beat up also... No pooling but it was definitely screwed down tight from the factory and I didn't want to risk it over time but you could definitely see some indentations that who knows maybe would turn into a pool?

The larger washer sits against the separator now and I'm hoping it deflects some of the abuse as well as disperse

It also just clears the ball and makes no contact with it

20210503_233553 (resized).jpg20210503_233553 (resized).jpg

#9040 2 years ago

Well shit, spoke too soon... Upon further inspection... latest April build

Time to break out the larger washers

20210504_011057 (resized).jpg20210504_011057 (resized).jpg

#9041 2 years ago

.. and my fix...

I honestly have to say this is the most I've ever had to fix a new inbox pinball machine...i expected some, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kind of disappointed..I still love, love, love this game, it's just kind of a bummer to have to find so many issues brand new and with so low plays...

20210504_015904 (resized).jpg20210504_015904 (resized).jpg

#9042 2 years ago

Damn. Iā€™ll have to check my playfield today.

Nightshift playfields?

#9043 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

it amazes me that JJP is still doing business with Mirco after all the continued playfield failures.
And why isn't JJP having Mirco replace their defective playfields?

#9044 2 years ago

I,m a barely a backyarder ,, I use 2pak auto clear , i spray north east south west all 4 directions fairly heavy coat ,, I do this between 4 and 6 times ,,24 hrs between coats , then i start on the rest of the game ,cab etc ,playfield cures for 3 to 4 weeks tops , i dont screw down any part overly and everything is tight enough and ive not had issues like this , no training only you tube and pinside (VIDS ) playfield resto thread for guidance .

how an established company like Mirco can keep coming up short has me stumped , worse still that people are expected to cop it

#9045 2 years ago

I would gladly pay JJP extra to have a playfield like Haggis.. free from dimples, pooling, chipping, missing art.. That would eliminate most modern pin issues

#9046 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would gladly pay JJP extra to have a playfield like Haggis.. free from dimples, pooling, chipping, missing art.. That would eliminate most modern pin issues

You are already paying JJP for a good quality playfield. Maybe JJP can just start using some one else to make their playfields.

#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well shit, spoke too soon... Upon further inspection... latest April build
Time to break out the larger washers
[quoted image]

It wont matter to JJP, you can live with it or GFYS, mine was way worse, the ugly black washers barely covered and my question to customer service was what happens when it grows past. No matter how many people show racked playfields, others continue to buy! If youā€™re new to pinball and buy this game make sure you buy an extended in home service agreement from your vendor, this game needs lots of repair out of the box.

#9048 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

This happened to me, itā€™s in part because that post becomes loose over time, it isnā€™t held by a nut at the bottom. Itā€™s easy to not realize that the post is rattling around smashing against the playfield. I used these clear washers which look good. I used 1ā€ washers and they donā€™t interact with the ball. I actually put the 3/4 washers on every other post in the game just in case.

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

#9049 2 years ago

Can anyone please tell me the easiest way to adjust the left orbit ball guide? Any right orbit shot returns from the left and hits the top of the sling and bounces right into the center. Removing the plastic seems complex, the nuts are in a groove that isn't even accessible.

#9050 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What's sad is the clear coat used in old Bally Williams diamond plate playfields is still available. The real problem may be artwork around posts due to the digital printing process used today. Stern got around this by not putting artwork around posts. At this point I wish JJP would do the same thing.

What I don't understand is how Hobbit playfields made by Micro are pretty much perfect, probably the best quality playfields on JJP games. Micro seemed to change something with how they are making playfields. It's on JJP though for continuing to use them and sell products with quality defects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
8,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/181?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.