IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 567.
#801 3 years ago

Ordered a CE thru the JJP website a week ago and was worried on whether or not I would make the cut. JJP just called and has taken my 1k deposit. Delivery date is still to be determined.

#802 3 years ago

So, are most of you ordering from JJP or a distributer. I called Jen and she said to order from my local distributor. He warranties the stuff he sells anyway whereas we know JJP does not.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So, are most of you ordering from JJP or a distributer. I called Jen and she said to order from my local distributor. He warranties the stuff he sells anyway whereas we know JJP does not.

JJP has a warranty.

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I ordered through my distributor. They have nothing firm on shipping anything yet, but hopefully soon.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

JJP has a warranty.

Since when?

#807 3 years ago
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 1.09.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-12 at 1.09.39 PM (resized).png
#808 3 years ago

With all due respect, why on earth would you think they didnt have a warranty?

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Because he read it somewhere on Pinside so it Must be true!

#810 3 years ago

Since they opened for business....what in the world made u believe NIB games didn't come with a warranty? The caveat to that is its technically for the original owner only (same as Stern, and CGC)

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ordered mine from a distributor.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ordered a GNR LE from a distributor.
My dad ordered from a different distributor.
It's a race to see who gets one first lol.

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

When dealing with tech support. I've found many people aren't aware of it. Or don't read it or misunderstand it.

From any manufacturer, they are often surprised the warranty is parts not labor.

LTG : )

#814 3 years ago

JJP just charged my card $1k. Yay! Is everyone getting this or do they time it based one when the machine might ship? Interesting that they don't charge the full amount upfront.

#815 3 years ago

1k deposit for everyone. They told me the CE would be shipped in the order in which transactions took place online.

So that begs a question, when exactly did the JJP website start taking orders? At 10am there was no order button on the page? Weā€™re they taking calls?

Iā€™m glad I got one. Iā€™ll wait a long time probably

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

1k deposit for everyone. They told me the CE would be shipped in the order in which transactions took place online.
So that begs a question, when exactly did the JJP website start taking orders? At 10am there was no order button on the page? Weā€™re they taking calls?

Its gonna be interesting to see how these are allocated although not sure it really matters. So it sounds like direct sales are first, and then they allocate for distributors? My guess is most won't see their game until Q1 2020, which is fine. I would be shocked if JJP even had all the materials in stock before they started selling the CE's

#817 3 years ago

Agree. I fine with whatever they decide. Iā€™m just way too excited.

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

JJP just charged my card $1k

I paid in full to my distributor. Hope that means I get one of the first

#819 3 years ago

If it becomes a shitshow somehow, all JJP needs to do is sell us some swag that goes with the game.

#820 3 years ago

LE #315 arrived in southwest suburbs of KC today. Ordered directly through JJP website Monday morning when they started allowing purchases (~ 12:30 cst). Arrived at the local depot on Thursday, but was out of town and had to wait until this a.m.

Have only been able to put a few plays on her so far, but: WOW what an unbelievable experience. I upped the main and upper right flipper strength a bit after one play; made a huge difference. Definitely plays challenging, but: the worries about monotony of modes in multi-ball/song modes is not an issue. Objectives are clear (though: achieving them < a lay-up w/ the incredible light/sound show). And the risk/reward of continuing songs vs. collecting jackpot is *brilliant* on first blush. Will see how it holds up over some serious play in the coming weeks.

No significant issues out of the box. Roll-over switches needed some adjusting (as is the case w/ every NIB pin I've ever bought). The only one GNR-specific item I'd share w/ new owners: my spinning record mech was sitting about 1/8" low. Caused some funky shot shapes, and: even had one ball find its way to rest on the platter (btw: "Spaghetti Incident" decal on mine; hoping the rumors of replacement stickers is true ). I tried adjusting the nut that holds the center post in place to no avail. It turns out the big white plastic "captain's wheel" (that's the shape it looks like to me) adjusts the depth of the mechanism. A few twists and mine was right as November rain. In the pic below, I'm pointing to it w/ my nut driver.

I hope everybody gets a chance to play one of these in person. Was *slightly* concerned about gameplay when watching the original videos, but: 0.0 reservation after spending some time with it today. Thrilled to have another awesome JJP in the lineup.

GNR4 (resized).jpgGNR4 (resized).jpgGNR1 (resized).jpgGNR1 (resized).jpgGNR2 (resized).jpgGNR2 (resized).jpgGNR3 (resized).jpgGNR3 (resized).jpgGNR5 (resized).jpgGNR5 (resized).jpgGNR6 (resized).jpgGNR6 (resized).jpg
#821 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

LE #315 arrived in southwest suburbs of KC today. Ordered directly through JJP website Monday morning when they started allowing purchases (~ 12:30 cst). Arrived at the local depot on Thursday, but was out of town and had to wait until this a.m.
Have only been able to put a few plays on her so far, but: WOW what an unbelievable experience. I upped the main and upper right flipper strength a bit after one play; made a huge difference. Definitely plays challenging, but: the worries about monotony of modes in multi-ball/song modes is not an issue. Objectives are clear (though: achieving them < a lay-up w/ the incredible light/sound show). And the risk/reward of continuing songs vs. collecting jackpot is *brilliant* on first blush. Will see how it holds up over some serious play in the coming weeks.
No significant issues out of the box. Roll-over switches needed some adjusting (as is the case w/ every NIB pin I've ever bought). The only one GNR-specific item I'd share w/ new owners: my spinning record mech was sitting about 1/8" low. Caused some funky shot shapes, and: even had one ball find its way to rest on the platter (btw: "Spaghetti Incident" decal on mine; hoping the rumors of replacement stickers is true ). I tried adjusting the nut that holds the center post in place to no avail. It turns out the big white plastic "captain's wheel" (that's the shape it looks like to me) adjusts the depth of the mechanism. A few twists and mine was right as November rain. In the pic below, I'm pointing to it w/ my nut driver.
I hope everybody gets a chance to play one of these in person. Was *slightly* concerned about gameplay when watching the original videos, but: 0.0 reservation after spending some time with it today. Thrilled to have another awesome JJP in the lineup.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great info. Would be good if people posted the time of their email confirmation from JJP and when their machines arrive and what model they got.

I ordered an LE and confirmation email at 12:38 PST.

Hoping to get a good record or like you, am hoping they have replacement stickers lol.

#822 3 years ago

Anyone around the Denver area needs help setting up their LE when it arrives let me know

#823 3 years ago

Iā€™m glad to here the site started taking orders at 10:30am PST, in my zone. I thought the maybe site crashed at 10 or something. I was in at 10:37, After coffee and a few final moments of second guessing..

Thanks for the post regarding the record tweak.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, Had to fix that myself on day one as well as the shaft falling out. Simple blue locktite (#425) and all fixed. Just trying to figure out how to do a disk Upgrade for a three record set.....lol

IMG_5934 (resized).jpgIMG_5934 (resized).jpg
#825 3 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I hope that is true. I was told I was the first direct buyer to purchase one. I called exactly when they opened and ordered direct on the phone. I even told them about how their website wasnā€™t allowing purchasing only showed reserve now but you couldnā€™t click it.

They had no idea the website wasnā€™t working when I spoke to them. So thatā€™s why you couldnā€™t order there till after they fixed it.

#826 3 years ago

Thatā€™s wild! I saw the ā€˜reserve nowā€™ button and it didnā€™t work. Thanks for telling them. Calling seems to be the ticket to the front anymore.

#827 3 years ago

I tried to convince a friend who loves Pinball to order one, but no luck. Iā€™m generally decent at getting people to spend their money.

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep, Had to fix that myself on day one as well as the shaft falling out. Simple blue locktite (#425) and all fixed. Just trying to figure out how to do a disk Upgrade for a three record set.....lol
[quoted image]

Do you have access to any more of those or want to sell it?

#829 3 years ago

Owners might have some aftermarket mod upgrade options coming. These could be interesting.

FB_IMG_1602541427191 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1602541427191 (resized).jpg

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

LE owners might have some aftermarket mod upgrade options coming. These could be interesting.
[quoted image]

He makes high quality mods....not cheap, but high quality

#831 3 years ago

I wonder out of the 117 votes of people who say they want a CE actually got one secured?

#832 3 years ago

Anybody order from a distributor today? Wondering what timing is looking like for deliveries now. Gotta save up a bit more but want to get in line. Need a few months. Wondering if they are weeks or months out at this point.

#833 3 years ago

I placed my order last Wednesday with a pretty big distributor, best info he had on LEs was November so that could be anywhere from 2 weeks to six weeks
I plan on asking for an update at the end of the week and I will share any news I get

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I placed my order last Wednesday with a pretty big distributor, best info he had on LEs was November so that could be anywhere from 2 weeks to six weeks
I plan on asking for an update at the end of the week and I will share any news I get

Interested to hear too.

#835 3 years ago

Ordered and paid in full for a LE right at launch. My distributor has not heard a thing from JJP. How can they not know build order yet? Any info/timeline would be nice.

#836 3 years ago

It'll get there when it get's there. What good is all the speculation, rumours and complaining going to do?

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

Ordered and paid in full for a LE right at launch. My distributor has not heard a thing from JJP. How can they not know build order yet? Any info/timeline would be nice.

I sent my distro an email, they said JJP said they are still trying to work through their schedule and will be in touch with distros soon about lead times. That message was sent to them on Friday.

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It'll get there when it get's there. What good is all the speculation, rumours and complaining going to do?

Because folks see others already getting theirs and we are eager to play! I think after spending 10k its not too much to ask for an approximate delivery window. I have my dad going in and of the hospital in another state and may need to plan around a delivery.

#839 3 years ago

Joined the club Today!! Wow!!! what a game!

5CD855F1-4772-4862-BD6B-13604D69C7CE (resized).jpeg5CD855F1-4772-4862-BD6B-13604D69C7CE (resized).jpeg73EA1D08-BC46-46BE-95FB-B8752B147031 (resized).jpeg73EA1D08-BC46-46BE-95FB-B8752B147031 (resized).jpeg
#840 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Who did you order through? I'm being told mine should drop ship from JJP tomorrow.

#841 3 years ago

Maybe I had a long day and have to vent, or maybe some of you can relate. But JJPā€™s distribution model is certainly sucking the wind out of my sails. And maybe I should just proceed with my JP2 order than get stuck in this debacle. It seems like itā€™s always something with JJP. Am I wrong?

#842 3 years ago

What do you mean? Did they mess up the LE sales too? Haha

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! BTW, how do you like TMNT? It's the only stern I have my eye on currently.

#844 3 years ago

Yelobird already did a great job of explaining how the JJP model has worked in the past and present. Those are the posts to look up.

My opinion...downvote away..
Distributors have never provided me any service, help, put me on a list, or even called me back inside a 2 week period. I have tried and tried to buy through distributors. They always tell me to call the manufacturer if I have a problem. Although I have cash on hand, and route machines, Iā€™m just not a special person to distributors.
I like the first come first serve model. It prevents lines from starting months before a reveal. Lines I canā€™t get in. If distributors wanted CEs then get in line buy them like everyone else.

But that is clearly the wrong attitude I have. Alright Iā€™m done now. Hack away

#845 3 years ago

Waiting eagerly for my le

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Great info. Would be good if people posted the time of their email confirmation from JJP and when their machines arrive and what model they got.
I ordered an LE and confirmation email at 12:38 PST.
Hoping to get a good record or like you, am hoping they have replacement stickers lol.

I got my confirmation email at 1:08 PM eastern 8 minutes after release. Order was placed at 1:01pm for a CE...

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I got my confirmation email at 1:08 PM eastern 8 minutes after release. Order was placed at 1:01pm for a CE...

I told my distributor back in September I wanted a CE regardless. So I was locked in to the number 1 position with them. Bam!

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I told my distributor back in September I wanted a CE regardless. So I was locked in to the number 1 position with them. Bam!

Didnā€™t you hear? All CEā€™s were cut from distributors. All 500 sold direct. Sorry buddy, better luck next time lol

Donā€™t worry. I will take a POTC CE plus 5k for mine. First to offer gets the game. Lol jk

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Owners might have some aftermarket mod upgrade options coming. These could be interesting.
[quoted image]

Didn't they say that Back Alley Creations made all of the sculpts for GnR? It would be nice if they released some but pretty sure the ones they made for the CE will be exclusive.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

You stinker you!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/17?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.