IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 569.
#8901 2 years ago

Not arguing, just trying to understand.

How is it not hitting the skirt correctly? What types of bounces would cause the pop to not fire?

Quoted from LTG:

Not hitting the skirt right. Pop switches won't help here. A spring holds the skirt up on the pop bumper body.
LTG : )

#8902 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Dialing in pinball machines is an art. This is usually lost on most “tech guys.”

Not this guy, Neil's been operating for thirty years and still has a dozen of his own machines on sites in pubs. He owns a Aerosmith Pro that plays twice as good as my LE because he has it tuned to perfection.

Edy Stevens is also a tech as well as a world class player and i've never played a pinball that plays better than when he's tuned them.

Your comments don't sit with my experience, and i doubt your inclusion of the word 'most'.

StickingUpForTechGuysAroundTheWorldPunkin

#8903 2 years ago

Am I supposed to remove these felt/foam inserts between the legs and the cabinet? When I unboxed they were there for protection and I assumed they were the protectors between the legs and the cabinet. The unboxing instructions doesn't mention them so maybe I'm just dumb and they don't belong there.

16197453820106939308150360850020 (resized).jpg16197453820106939308150360850020 (resized).jpg
#8904 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Am I supposed to remove these felt/foam inserts between the legs and the cabinet? When I unboxed they were there for protection and I assumed they were the protectors between the legs and the cabinet. The unboxing instructions doesn't mention them so maybe I'm just dumb and they don't belong there.
[quoted image]

I would keep them there , looks like a new thing they're doing .

#8905 2 years ago

Happy to report that although i needed two layers of mylar, it now rarely sticks now and if it does comme to rest near the bumper it can now be nudged out.

#8906 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Happy to report that although i needed two layers of mylar, it now rarely sticks now and if it does comme to rest near the bumper it can now be nudged out.

That's the key for a rare odd spot. Something on the skirt for the ball to hit, or playfield by it a tiny bit higher so the ball rolls onto the skirt better.

#8907 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

[quoted image]

They are indeed for protection. They keep your cabinet from getting gouged up. All my JJPs have em!

#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They are indeed for protection. They keep your cabinet from getting gouged up. All my JJPs have em!

Yep , I use them as well . They do have the built in ones now but the felt ones give me a bit of peace of mind . Really glad to see jjp are including them now .

#8909 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not arguing, just trying to understand.
How is it not hitting the skirt correctly? What types of bounces would cause the pop to not fire?

Sometimes the bounces are very gentle there and the skirt and the post form of v cradle that just keeps the ball on the edge without depressing the skirt so no matter of adjusting the sensitivity will actually change that I've got the leaf contacts as close as you can have them.

If you make the post bigger it provides a bigger obstacle for the ball to get around further sticking the ball..however if you make a bulge on the skirt itself the ball then depresses the skirt... Hence the foam...

Trust me I don't want to make the pin ghetto either but 300 plus plays without sticking proves this works..

What they really need to do is redesign the skirt for that area The one north of it you can see is actually cut off It's not a complete circle maybe JJP can come up with one that has a little bit of a bulge or lip on that to extend and offer it as a replacement for those willing to replace the factory one

#8910 2 years ago

Gave my LE some CE love

Wifi controlled

Alexa voice controlled

Music reactive (independant of machine) via Magic Home/ Alexa app

Full RGB color range (but I like red)

20210430_004907 (resized).jpg20210430_004907 (resized).jpg20210430_005439 (resized).jpg20210430_005439 (resized).jpg20210430_004932 (resized).jpg20210430_004932 (resized).jpg20210430_005008 (resized).jpg20210430_005008 (resized).jpg20210430_004950 (resized).jpg20210430_004950 (resized).jpg
Inked20210430_005145_LI (resized).jpgInked20210430_005145_LI (resized).jpg
20210430_005106 (resized).jpg20210430_005106 (resized).jpg

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Trust me I don't want to make the pin ghetto either

Don't feel bad. Stern literally just drilled a screw straight into the playfield at one of the pop bumpers on TWD to stop a similar problem. You can't get much more ghetto than that...

twd_screw.jpgtwd_screw.jpg
#8912 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't feel bad. Stern literally just drilled a screw straight into the playfield at one of the pop bumpers on TWD to stop a similar problem. You can't get much more ghetto than that... [quoted image]

#8913 2 years ago

I've no doubt the foam works, but the mylar is invisible to me and it works too.

Choose your poison till JJP comes up with a better post.

#8914 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've no doubt the foam works, but the mylar is invisible to me and it works too.
Choose your poison till JJP comes up with a better post.

What shape and how big did you cut the Mylar .
Every time I've played the game it's happened to me at least a couple of times , how did they not pick up on this during the design phase .

#8915 2 years ago

Have you tried a quick swipe of sand paper on both the top and bottom contacts on the switch?

Maybe they are using switches that have been sitting around a long time.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Sometimes the bounces are very gentle there and the skirt and the post form of v cradle that just keeps the ball on the edge without depressing the skirt so no matter of adjusting the sensitivity will actually change that I've got the leaf contacts as close as you can have them.
If you make the post bigger it provides a bigger obstacle for the ball to get around further sticking the ball..however if you make a bulge on the skirt itself the ball then depresses the skirt... Hence the foam...
Trust me I don't want to make the pin ghetto either but 300 plus plays without sticking proves this works..
What they really need to do is redesign the skirt for that area The one north of it you can see is actually cut off It's not a complete circle maybe JJP can come up with one that has a little bit of a bulge or lip on that to extend and offer it as a replacement for those willing to replace the factory one

#8916 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

[quoted image]

JJP GnR manual states that you can take them off or leave them on for extra protection.

#8917 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Wouldn’t it need more of a spoon adjustment to make it more sensitive? I am gonna regret saying this, but I have yet to get a ball stuck there

#8918 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

From what other people have said you should be able to use one of these USB LED strip from Jaycar .
It's a lot cheaper and should work ?
I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure someone well let us know , if it doesn't work .
https://www.jaycar.com.au/power-batteries/lighting/led-strip-lighting/c/0EB?sort=popularity-desc&q

Walmart sells Monster LED strips for 65" TVs that cost only $5. They are the perfect size for the monitor and full RGB with a remote. Nothing special at all is needed and I've done this mod myself on all my JJP games.

#8919 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I am gonna regret saying this, but I have yet to get a ball stuck there

I am curious to why some machines do not have this issue. What is different? I have not had a ball get stuck there. Center spinner once in a while traps a ball.

#8920 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am curious to why some machines do not have this issue. What is different? I have not had a ball get stuck there. Center spinner once in a while traps a ball.

I’d be curious to know this also. I had the issue a couple of times when I first got it. Increased the pop strength a bit and it hasn’t happened since and that’s been 3 months or so. Maybe with the increased strength it propels the ball enough so it doesn’t slow and get hung up there.

#8921 2 years ago

Same here, over 300 plays and not one stuck ball. My pops are very active, my pitch is slightly over 7 degrees.

#8922 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I've had only one ball get stuck there since I have owned it.

As a side note, I noticed the left pop bumper was only firing occasionally during play and test. Under the playfield I noticed one of the lugs was shorting against the coil mount - easy fix by simply bending away from the assembly but you might want to check these coils out in case that is a common issue. Also - my lower pop bumper stopped working all together. One of the lugs came off and need to be resoldered.

#8923 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Same here, over 300 plays and not one stuck ball. My pops are very active, my pitch is slightly over 7 degrees.

That could be it, my pitch is right at 6.5 maybe a hair higher. With the bubble right at the top of the second line.. It could be gravity having more of an influence preventing soft balls in that area.

I'm wondering if a slight leg adjustment higher and a click on the pops strengthwould work. I just didn't want extra wear and stress in that area by hiking up the default strength.

#8924 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Have you tried a quick swipe of sand paper on both the top and bottom contacts on the switch?
Maybe they are using switches that have been sitting around a long time.

I haven't, I do have some 2000 grit lying around...I may play with the angle and pop strength and a quick swipe of paper later on today. I'll report back

#8925 2 years ago

Is GnR watching me/ sensor camera?

I left it on an walked away for about 35 minutes...

Came back in the room and passing in front of the machine, it call's out,"Hey! You!"

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8926 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Please don't sand low voltage contacts.

A piece of paper held between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out is enough.

And it's nothing to do with the pop bumper leaf blade switch. Where the ball rests it doesn't get to push the skirt.

#8927 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Is GnR watching me/ sensor camera?
I left it on an walked away for about 35 minutes...
Came back in the room and passing in front of the machine, it call's out,"Hey! You!"

Yes.

There's a setting to turn it off if you don't want it to do that.

#8928 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A piece of paper held between them and gently hold closed and pull the paper out is enough.
And it's nothing to do with the pop bumper leaf blade switch. Where the ball rests it doesn't get to push the skirt.

Thanks yeah didn't do the sand thing

Quoted from frobozz:

Yes.
There's a setting to turn it off if you don't want it to do that.

Nah, was just curious, neat feature

#8929 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is there anything possibly in the works for a skirt mod? My piece of foam is reliable, just curious. Thx

I've tried everything else from raising the angle, to mylar, foam is the best.

Didn't really want to raise the pop strength and but extra wear in the area

#8930 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What shape and how big did you cut the Mylar .
Every time I've played the game it's happened to me at least a couple of times , how did they not pick up on this during the design phase .

I cut them as a blunt triangle with the pop end curved around the pop. About an inch wide at the pop end and 1.5" long.

#8931 2 years ago

Well, just put a couple games on it after raising the angle a bit.

Took off the foam for now to experiement, if that did the trick

Waxed the area a little too

I'm showing 6.5 deg at the flippers, 6.9 mid playfield, 0.0 left and right flippers and mid point

So far, so good...foam will go back if I stick again

#8932 2 years ago

Nope...Foam is back in place

Oh well..

#8933 2 years ago

Okay…..

Clean the contacts. Take a business card, light pressure of switch on both sides, and pull it out.

Or however you want to do it.

Quoted from LTG:

#8934 2 years ago

Just an FYI…I’m on 1.20 and got my first Encore freeze in a long while. It appears that it is mostly fixed as I think this was a fringe case with the timing. I was on Mr. Brownstone with one ball left, and I lost the ball down the left outlane with a Coma ball save in play…during which the song then went into the Applause jackpot timing (last 15 sec of song). Unfortunately I didn’t hit the center scoop in time and lost a big jackpot. The game then went into the Encore animation and froze.

I’ll submit via JJP support ticket to let them know too. Anyone else seen this one crop up again?

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Just an FYI…I’m on 1.20 and got my first Encore freeze in a long while. It appears that it is mostly fixed as I think this was a fringe case with the timing. I was on Mr. Brownstone with one ball left, and I lost the ball down the left outlane with a Coma ball save in play…during which the song then went into the Applause jackpot timing (last 15 sec of song). Unfortunately I didn’t hit the center scoop in time and lost a big jackpot. The game then went into the Encore animation and froze.
I’ll submit via JJP support ticket to let them know too. Anyone else seen this one crop up again?

I would let Keith know on this thread .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#8936 2 years ago

I can’t seem to intentionally get the make some noise shot behind the top right flipper. So tough.
Another thing
I’m wondering about the side decals on the ce getting skid marks from when the ball rolls along the outside of the drumstick ramp. I’m guessing Mylar there won’t leave any space to lift the playfield, but has anyone got a solution for the long run? S far as the roll itself, I don’t mind it one bit. Just want to keep that side decal fresh for a long time.

#8937 2 years ago

Is there any sound level adjustments for bass and treble or an EQ?

#8938 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I can’t seem to intentionally get the make some noise shot behind the top right flipper. So tough.

Start another multi-ball then get two balls on your lower right flipper then flip the left ball under the upper right flipper. It's definitely a very repeatable shot if you set it up with two balls on your right flipper.

#8939 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

You're missing the little flap that bolts there and helps retain the balls in the trough when you raise the playfield for service. Seems like you would have noticed if the screw fell out and the flap assembly fell over into the shooter lane So maybe it was never installed? I'd contact JJP Support and ask for one.

Just like the factory

5B03929B-6735-4EF3-A0B8-DCB8B8CF2968 (resized).jpeg5B03929B-6735-4EF3-A0B8-DCB8B8CF2968 (resized).jpeg
#8940 2 years ago

Not sure where this cliffy goes... so far overall cliffy installation for me was easier than I expected. The upper playfield removal was super easy and other than having to dremel a tiny bit on the scoop protector it’s all installed. Other than this bit

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Not sure where this cliffy goes... so far overall cliffy installation for me was easier than I expected. The upper playfield removal was super easy and other than having to dremel a tiny bit on the scoop protector it’s all installed. Other than this bit
[quoted image]

It goes on top of the scoop Cliffy to protect the back wall of the playfield hole. Don't forget to remove that protective plastic!

IMG_3004.jpegIMG_3004.jpeg
#8942 2 years ago

thank you!!!

#8943 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Start another multi-ball then get two balls on your lower right flipper then flip the left ball under the upper right flipper. It's definitely a very repeatable shot if you set it up with two balls on your right flipper.

Oh snap. I’ll have to try that! That’s a really tough shot from the left flipper.

#8944 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Yes. Just had this happen a couple of days ago.
But we were not paying any attention to what was going on when it happened. Had to reboot the game to fix.
We are running whatever the latest full release code is. Not a beta.

#8945 2 years ago

Well we had one too many left-plastic drains and I got motivated enough to build the cybevenom Invisiwall.

I started with this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184387

I cut a piece to fit using a Dremel cutting wheel. Removed the plastic and used it to mark drill holes for the Invisiwall, drilled them and reassembled.

You truly don't see it when the pin is lit, and it seems to have definitively solved the problem.

While I had it open I replaced the rubber above the outlane, which was about 1/2 worn on a split corner.

IMG_0003.jpegIMG_0003.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0005.jpegIMG_0005.jpeg

#8946 2 years ago

I need one of them, seems every 4th or 5th game i lose an airball down that plastic to the outlane. Ripped off feeling worse than skipping over a flipper.

#8947 2 years ago

Add me to the list of broken spotlights. My right one broke and won’t move up and down. Doesn’t seem to be full motion left to right either. I think it happened during mR Brownstone. I had plenty of slack in the wires.

For those that received a replacement, are they better built and have any broken?

#8948 2 years ago

For those of you adding those LED TV strips from Walmart or Amazon for backglass lighting. Are they USB? If so, where are you plugging them in? I don’t see any open spots in my back box.

#8949 2 years ago

Do all GNRs get pooling and wrinkling at the left in lane post? Only 3 weeks old and I'm having to repair mine to stop further damage.

Why is it doing this? Is the post not tight enough causing vibration? There is no rubber on the post so that doesn't help.

I'm going to use a heat gun to flatten it out. Then mylar it. Then a plastic washer. Then metal washer.

#8950 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would let Keith know on this thread .

It's noted, thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/179?hl=yoderboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.