IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 567.
#8551 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Dear God I hope it's not the fall. I ordered mine Dec 1 and I'm hoping for end of May, but I have not been told any dates.

Jen, the sales and marketing coordinator at JJP told me on april 1st the following:

Hi -

Based on your order date it looks like a Fall delivery for your game.

We are going as fast as we can and we thank you for your patience!

Jen

#8552 2 years ago

I just joined the club today with a standard version built December of 2020. Iā€™m ordering Cliffys and thereā€™sa part for early builds for a rod. How can I tell if I have an early build

93496561-DB17-4E22-99C1-73C6901577CC (resized).jpeg93496561-DB17-4E22-99C1-73C6901577CC (resized).jpeg
#8553 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club today with a standard version built December of 2020. Iā€™m ordering Cliffys and thereā€™sa part for early builds for a rod. How can I tell if I have an early build
[quoted image]

Look at your playfield where the diverter rod goes through the playfield. If the nuts hit the playfield or there is damage, get it. And adjust so the nuts stop hitting.

#8554 2 years ago

Anyone know if the magnet issue has been fixed by JJP? For those who had the magnet fail, what did JJP do to fix it? Did they just send a new coil?

#8555 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Dear God I hope it's not the fall. I ordered mine Dec 1 and I'm hoping for end of May, but I have not been told any dates.

I ordered Oct 7th and as of yesterday my distributor still has no idea when mine will ship.

#8556 2 years ago

I installed the Pinwoofer GNR upgrade kit today, on my LE, and I highly recommend this aftermarket enhancement. Prior to installing, I thought the sound was muddled and harsh with no base from the cabinet speaker. I guess with no amp to drive the woofer, it doesn't work to good. The new tweeters made the biggest improvement. The game now has great stereo imaging and clear voice callouts. And with the amp, the new woofer shakes the cabinet. By far the best mod for this pin.
Thanks SubDude Audio PinWoofer

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

#8557 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballgas:

I installed the Pinwoofer GNR upgrade kit today,

Looks like fun.

LTG : )

#8558 2 years ago

I found this in the bottom of my cabinet, any idea where it goes?

406D3227-216F-4234-B344-8F841673DBAA (resized).jpeg406D3227-216F-4234-B344-8F841673DBAA (resized).jpeg
#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

any idea where it goes?

Tightens up on the bottom of the spinning record to keep the spinning record moving up or down and not staying level with the playfield.

#8560 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I found this in the bottom of my cabinet, any idea where it goes?
[quoted image]

Part#8 on this exploded diagram from the manual.

GnR_record_nut.jpgGnR_record_nut.jpg
#8561 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tightens up on the bottom of the spinning record to keep the spinning record moving up or down and not staying level with the playfield.

Page 129 in the manual, item #8. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - under Support - under Downloads - under Guns and Roses.

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

any idea where it goes?

Red arrows point to it.

gnrbottom (resized).jpggnrbottom (resized).jpg
#8563 2 years ago

hopefully an extra

Quoted from Yesh23:I found this in the bottom of my cabinet, any idea where it goes?
[quoted image]

#8564 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballgas:

I installed the Pinwoofer GNR upgrade kit today, on my LE, and I highly recommend this aftermarket enhancement. Prior to installing, I thought the sound was muddled and harsh with no base from the cabinet speaker. I guess with no amp to drive the woofer, it doesn't work to good. The new tweeters made the biggest improvement. The game now has great stereo imaging and clear voice callouts. And with the amp, the new woofer shakes the cabinet. By far the best mod for this pin.

I have an external 12" Klipsch sub hooked up and it has great bass tapping off the speaker, however, the mids and hi's are not where i would like them, i find the speech to be a little muddy at times and it lacks a top end punch...I wish it had an equalizer at least besides just gain settings. I am pretty set in the bass department althought he cabinet speaker is really (sorry to say) crap...It has a persistant hiss and lack any sort of drive - do you find that the addition of the pinwoofer, mainly the extender board and amp, allow you to really dial in the mid to top end to make it shine?

#8565 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red arrows point to it.
[quoted image]

Thank you!!

#8566 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has tried this? For the cost it looks like itā€™s a no brainer but I havenā€™t actually seen any videos comparing the sound before and after except for the chart in his video

#8567 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Jen, the sales and marketing coordinator at JJP told me on april 1st the following:
Hi -
Based on your order date it looks like a Fall delivery for your game.
We are going as fast as we can and we thank you for your patience!
Jen

Maybe I missed it.... When did you order your game?

#8568 2 years ago

Question, is there a way to lower the record, I notice mine is about 1-2mm below the surface of the playfield. It's very new, but I could see without adjusting it could eventually chew up the edge. I looked under and there is a screw and some give in the vertical movement of the record (e.g. I can push it upwards), but the screw is very, very tight and don't want to start forcing things.

#8569 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Question, is there a way to lower the record, I notice mine is about 1-2mm below the surface of the playfield. It's very new, but I could see without adjusting it could eventually chew up the edge. I looked under and there is a screw and some give in the vertical movement of the record (e.g. I can push it upwards), but the screw is very, very tight and don't want to start forcing things.

Easy! Donā€™t mess with the screw. Loosen big white plastic nut. Spin the threaded shaft to desired height and retighten.

#8570 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Easy! Donā€™t mess with the screw. Loosen big white plastic nut. Spin the threaded shaft to desired height and retighten.

Thanks mate, not sure if this was answered prior. But if not, someone should make your post a key one.

#8571 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Maybe I missed it.... When did you order your game?

12/30 from JJP direct

#8572 2 years ago

Hey just posting this here as a FYI, it seems my two spotlights stopped vertical movement, I only received the game this month. I reached out and I'm sure that JJP will help me resolve, but posting for reference.

I'm just wondering what the community would think as a longer term solution... If I've only been playing for weeks, and the vertical connection broke on not one, but both of my spotlights, how do we prevent this from happening again on our pins into the future?

IMG_3932 (resized).jpgIMG_3932 (resized).jpgIMG_3937 (resized).jpgIMG_3937 (resized).jpg
#8573 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay so to summarize here's what I did to remove the upper play field to put on the cliffy on the scoop:
For pictures I just referenced Vitty's post which was on page 150 of this thread I believe.
1. Removed bass guitar wire frame... Just two nuts and two washers holding in place... Entire assembly goes straight up 90 degrees to the play field and then pulls out of the holes in the upper play field.
2. Remove two nuts holding axl in place. Removed axl
3. Lift playfield. Locate molex connector and rj 45 to upper playfield unplug.
4. The next part requires some patience there's a yellow and green wire that runs up to a control board also ties into a black and red wire... In order to have enough slack to lift the playfield you'll need to trace this wire from the upper play field to the connection point and unplug it take your time you'll find it. Also will require cutting zip ties to give yourself some slack Make sure to take plenty of pictures. Again I didn't remove the upper playfield entirely I simply provided enough slack to the cables that were there that once the playfield is lowered I was able to lift it up and put a microfiber towel underneath to protect the upper playfield from the main.
5. Remove the two screws holding the scoop protector in place.
6. Lower playfield.
7. Remove the left spotlight wiring so that you're not putting any undo stress on the light when you lift the playfield.
8. Remove four screws in the upper play field a long magnet really helps here.
9. Carefully lift up on the upper play field and have a thick microfiber towel at the ready to be able to slide underneath to protect the lower surface from the upper If you feel resistance stop make sure that you have clearance on the wires below You shouldn't have to move it that much we're only trying to get it out of the way so that we can get to the scoop assembly.
10. Next unscrew the two nuts holding the metal guitar shelf guide and remove
11. Unscrew the nut holding the plastic in place which also doubles as a one-way ballgate, You should be able to lift the plastic off now.
12. Using a hex driver, loosen the two posts, one has a ring bumper on it, The other has a larger ring that spans to a post.
13. Unscrew the two screws that are holding the vuk ball guide... You should now be able to remove the two brackets that hold the blue rubber bumpers
14. Remove the inner scoop protector... I did this by pushing down on the front and pulling up on the back work slowly so is to not damage the scoop hole.
15. There will be some adhesive left over on the playfield from the previous mantis protector I left mine in place as it still had enough stickiness to function to hold down the cliffy
16. Here's where we may differ My cliffy's once installed needed to be ground down a little bit with the Dremel because I had them interfering with the two ball locks and metal was scraping... You may be okay but this is definitely a place you want to make sure you have clearance before you screw everything back together.
17. Insert the new cliffy by putting the front end in first, The clip should spring to the playfield and the sides need to be slightly pinched and it should just pop right in
18. Insert the back wall inner cliffy protector again trial fit to make sure you have clearance
19. Now just reassemble everything in reverse order starting with the vuk ball guide to lock the cliff in place followed by the two rubber bumper brackets and then the posts
20. Once you've reassembled the top playfield lift it up again and resecure all the wires that you loosened and cut zip ties for.
21. Make sure none of your wires are crossing the vuk, and also make sure you have slack on your left spotlight so that it can move freely.
That's it... It sounds a lot worse than it actually is Just be sure to take your time take lots of pictures label stuff if you're not sure don't rush This is definitely not something you're going to knock out in a 30 minutes..It took me about three hours talking my time.
Couple of notes that I did as extras:
I put a couple drops of blue loctite on the two scoop ball guide screws
Couple posts back I showed were the wires crossed in front of the metal frame housing for the left spotlight here's where I put some mylar to protect the wires from frame over time over time again maybe overkill but I'd rather have a little overkill protection than have to send away for a new assembly due to cut wires
For the dremel cuts on the cliffy, I used a sharpie to mark the areas that needed to be cut, used a simple sanding wheel at high speed ..go very slowly.. as you only want to remove what metal is interfering and no more
Also while I had to play field off I took the opportunity to replace whatever PL slings and rings that they had assembled with Titan clears
Hope this helps

Great job for documenting your steps . I've got Cliffy's on order and I'm dreading the install .
It's been said before but why can't jjp work with Cliffy . Jjp put in a horrible looking protector that doesn't even protect the front of the scoop , unlike Cliffy's protector which looks great and you know it will do the job .

IMG_20210424_230145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230309 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_230309 (resized).jpg
#8574 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

What company makes the best mirror blades for this game in the US? Mine comes in on Monday.

I'm trying to find the best black mirror blades in Oz . If anyone has any suggestions I would love to know .

#8575 2 years ago

Both my spotlights broke as well JJP sent me new ones, they told me they had some defective parts get through. When the new ones arrived the linkage was the same but the servos where a different brand. The new ones are a hobby king hk 15148B. Donā€™t know if it was the servos or the linkage that was defective, but the new servos are definitely different.

#8576 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great job for documenting your steps . I've got Cliffy's on order and I'm dreading the install .
It's been said before but why can't jjp work with Cliffy . Jjp put in a horrible looking protector that doesn't even protect the front of the scoop , unlike Cliffy's protector which looks great and you know it will do the job .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, the JJP protector really had me puzzled when I saw it. knew that was the first thing I would need to change

#8577 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Both my spotlights broke as well JJP sent me new ones, they told me they had some defective parts get through. When the new ones arrived the linkage was the same but the servos where a different brand. The new ones are a hobby king hk 15148B. Donā€™t know if it was the servos or the linkage that was defective, but the new servos are definitely different.

Have the new ones held up okay?

#8578 2 years ago

Have a question for the audiophiles out there. I have a LE on pre-order (arriving in the distant future since I was very late to pre-order mine ) and Iā€™m currently planning to install a pinwoofer.

However, I also have a spare A/V receiver lying around, and Iā€™ve got the space to place good bookshelf speakers on stands next to the cab. Are there any good options for running audio out to a receiver without getting audio lag?

Sorry if this has already been addressed. Iā€™m currently reading through this whole thread and Iā€™m on page 81 - only 91 more pages to go

#8579 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Have a question for the audiophiles out there. I have a LE on pre-order (arriving in the distant future since I was very late to pre-order mine ) and Iā€™m currently planning to install a pinwoofer.
However, I also have a spare A/V receiver lying around, and Iā€™ve got the space to place good bookshelf speakers on stands next to the cab. Are there any good options for running audio out to a receiver without getting audio lag?
Sorry if this has already been addressed. Iā€™m currently reading through this whole thread and Iā€™m on page 81 - only 91 more pages to go

Not sure if this helps but I just connect my GnR wirelessly to my Amazon Echo Studio. Gives great sound.

#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

I ordered mid October from a distributor and was told sometime this summer. While the nebulous timetable is frustrating, at least all the early production issues will be identified and addressed. I've played the LE on location and a number of games on my friend's CE. It's worth the wait!

#8581 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hey just posting this here as a FYI, it seems my two spotlights stopped vertical movement, I only received the game this month. I reached out and I'm sure that JJP will help me resolve, but posting for reference.
I'm just wondering what the community would think as a longer term solution... If I've only been playing for weeks, and the vertical connection broke on not one, but both of my spotlights, how do we prevent this from happening again on our pins into the future?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hopefully that elbow control arm is a standard RC part, if anyone can identify it please let me know as I'd like to buy a few for spares just in case.

#8582 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure if this helps but I just connect my GnR wirelessly to my Amazon Echo Studio. Gives great sound.

Any lag time with that setup? I did not like using BT headphones on Wonka due to lag.

#8583 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Just wondering if anyone has tried this? For the cost it looks like itā€™s a no brainer but I havenā€™t actually seen any videos comparing the sound before and after except for the chart in his video

I just ordered the parts for this last night. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it all set up. I decided to go this way over the Pinwoofer route, because I didn't think I needed upgraded tweeters, and so I'm saving a butload of cash. If I need to upgrade the JJP stock sub(?) I found the exact one in the pinwoofer kit on amazon. Its not expensive btw.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you setup a speaker group, like add two studio's and a subwoofer? That might be the easiest and best way to get better sound.

#8584 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I used to have a set of studios and a subwoofer hooked up to my tv but I got so pissed off with the lag, and no way to fix it that I just went back to my wired surround sound system. If there's delay with the pinball machine too, it would mean its useless for this purpose, and I made the right choice by getting the Cheap bass mod!

#8585 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have the new ones held up okay?

So far they have held up, but I have not played much since I put them on. The one thing I did notice was how much easier the new servos move by hand compared to the old ones

#8586 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballgas:

That's a great summary pinballgas !

You're spot on with your description of the improved stereo imaging. One example - the loops have stereophonic effects that track the ball from side to side which was very clever. There are countless other wonders in the track that you simply cannot hear with clarity out of the box. Here is the link again:

Below is some reading in case you're interested in our assessment:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/

Have fun!

-Dan

#8587 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

You're spot on with your description of the improved stereo imaging. One example - the loops have stereophonic effects that track the ball from side to side which was very clever. There are countless other wonders in the track that you simply cannot hear with clarity out of the box. Here is the link again:
Have fun!
-Dan

I really want to get one of these , would love to see a , step-by-step video install .
I watched the Wonka install and thought it rushed a few steps , and wasn't very clear and with the new tweeters install , I'm just not sure .
I don't want to spend a lot of money on this mod and fuck up , the install process .

#8588 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Have fun!
-Dan

I just ordered. I have an external sub (great quality Klipsch R112SW) that provides plenty of bass, but the problem now is equalization, the callouts get drowned out and are muddied even with the default gain turned up, the imaging is unremarkable. It just feels like it's missing so much in the mid to hi range. I'm hoping the extender board and equalization amp really round things out, as well as the ability to tweak the sound to my liking which is pretty non-existent in the software.

My sub does double duty via an RCA switchbox that I use with my bookshelf speakers, also Klipsch (R41PM), I really want to keep it in the loop - just the sub, the bookshelfs are not included in the pin selection. Will keeping it in the mix with the pinwoofer setup have an adverse affect? Or will it just balance out the sub nodes. I'm a fan of 2+ sub setups

Thanks

#8589 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Greetings - please let me say that I don't want to discourage guys from trying new things so I'll be as objective as possible.

This specific mod is a similar to the PinWoofer V2 cabinet sub kit. We've had feedback specific to this implementation that there is an excessive amount of noise, owing to the power solution which is an AC to DC wall converter. There are two noise issues that have been reported to us. The first issue is that the wall converter (which I believe is always on, even when the machine is turned off utilizing the service outlet) has a virtual ground and therefore you have a likelihood of creating a ground loop which results in a "hum" or "buzz". The second is a "hiss" which is a consequence of Johnson-Nyquist noise originating from the output of the amplifier that drives the cabinet speaker. You may or may not get a noisy result, and if you do, you may not care or will be able to live with it.

Please note that the old PinWoofer V2 implementation used an internal 12V power tap that shares a ground with the factory amplifier, and powers off with the machine.

Our new GT system has a very quiet power solution and auto-muting so any potential residual noise is inaudible.

One final note. Please use caution on this DIY. We had a customer who connected a high-low converter backwards at the sub and damaged his amplifier board. The root-cause was a dead short at the output of the amplifier since the connection was reversed.

#8590 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I really want to get one of these , would love to see a , step-by-step video install .
I watched the Wonka install and thought it rushed a few steps , and wasn't very clear and with the new tweeters install , I'm just not sure .
I don't want to spend a lot of money on this mod and fuck up , the install process .

Hey screaminr - we have detailed instructions that we share before your system is delivered. We also have many, many systems out there and you likely won't have a problem during install, but if you do, we offer tech support. (I've talked to a bunch of you guys, even in Australia!)

#8591 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I would like this explained as well. It seems that every time I fire it up even though itā€™s in shuffle mode estranged is the first song that plays without fail Iā€™m not sure how to advance songs in the jukebox mode or if thatā€™s even possible?

You're not doing anything wrong. The game, when in shuffle, ALWAYS starts with Estranged. (which drives me crazy too)

The good news is you can mash on the action button (on the lockbar) to immediately skip to the next shuffle song and that one, and all the rest, will be random.

#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Dude, itā€™s a super simple install. Do not let that hold you back from adding what is easily the best mod you can add to this game! Took me maybe 45 minutes total including the tweeters.

#8593 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I have an external 12" Klipsch sub hooked up and it has great bass tapping off the speaker, however, the mids and hi's are not where i would like them, i find the speech to be a little muddy at times and it lacks a top end punch...I wish it had an equalizer at least besides just gain settings. I am pretty set in the bass department althought he cabinet speaker is really (sorry to say) crap...It has a persistant hiss and lack any sort of drive - do you find that the addition of the pinwoofer, mainly the extender board and amp, allow you to really dial in the mid to top end to make it shine?

Yes, the kit improved the mid and high range, voice callouts are clear and crisp, and defined better. The high end can be adjusted on the amp also. The new tweeters may be the key to better sound. I'm not sure if just upgrading to better tweeters alone would give better sound, but the kit is the whole package and well worth the money.

#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just ordered.

Mine arrived yesterday! Now if only I had something to install it in. Lol.

#8595 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballgas:

Yes, the kit improved the mid and high range, voice callouts are clear and crisp, and defined better. The high end can be adjusted on the amp also. The new tweeters may be the key to better sound. I'm not sure if just upgrading to better tweeters alone would give better sound, but the kit is the whole package and well worth the money.

Thank you much!

#8596 2 years ago

Man I need a fix for the lower pop/bumper stuck ball issue...I didn't realize how common this was. My machine is level and setup correctly front to back and left to right. It happens with regularity and usually during critical times. Getting frustrating. Searching the threads here is what I've seen to alleviate the issue:

1. 3D Printed block that fits on post
2. foam on pop skirt
3. Adjusting pop strength
4. Adjusting pop sensitivity
5. Bending the post after marking the front, removing, bending, and reinserting

I've tried options 3 and 4 with no luck.

Nudging doesn't help as it it sets off the tilt warning the way I prefer it as you really have to push it to get any movement, it just rests in that skirt/post cradle

Any other thoughts or ideas?

20210424_123441 (resized).jpg20210424_123441 (resized).jpg
#8597 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just ordered. I have an external sub (great quality Klipsch R112SW) that provides plenty of bass, but the problem now is equalization, the callouts get drowned out and are muddied even with the default gain turned up, the imaging is unremarkable. It just feels like it's missing so much in the mid to hi range. I'm hoping the extender board and equalization amp really round things out, as well as the ability to tweak the sound to my liking which is pretty non-existent in the software.
My sub does double duty via an RCA switchbox that I use with my bookshelf speakers, also Klipsch (R41PM), I really want to keep it in the loop - just the sub, the bookshelfs are not included in the pin selection. Will keeping it in the mix with the pinwoofer setup have an adverse affect? Or will it just balance out the sub nodes. I'm a fan of 2+ sub setups
Thanks

Hey fooflighter ! We've got this new offering:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-line-trimmer/

This accesory will enable you to jack into the hot line-out of the PinWoofer GT amp and control your external sub volume at the coin door location. This item is designed to work with our GT amp but not recommended for other situations.

Good times!

LineTrimmerCartoon (resized).jpgLineTrimmerCartoon (resized).jpg
#8598 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey fooflighter ! We've got this new offering:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-line-trimmer/
This accesory will enable you to jack into the hot line-out of the PinWoofer GT amp and control your external sub volume at the coin door location. This item is designed to work with our GT amp but not recommended for other situations.
Good times!
[quoted image]

Thank you. I'll see how the JJP Superkit works with my sub. Currently I have an easy access gain on the sub and have that tweaked to a good setting between both my pinball machine and other speaker setup which has it's own trim setting

I appreciate the link though, knowing there is a solution if I need further adjustability

#8599 2 years ago

I posted the scoop install steps I took some posts back..

Here is the shooter lane

Cliffy Shooter lane:

Trough

1. Lift playfield to 2nd position
2. Place microfiber towel on playfield left
3. Undo apron nuts (2) on bottom and 2 screws front
4. Lift apron and set down lightly on left side - don't scratch anything
5. Unscrew trough stop ball protector flap (2 screws) - and other screw on top of trough
6. Remove first guidelane nut and loosen the next 2 to be able to pull up on the guidelane slightly to be able to insert piece under guide.
7. Position Cliffy lining up everything precisely - it should be equal distance around the trough and just stradle the shooter lane (test with a ball for clearance)
8. Resecure Screws (do not overtighen - you will warp Cliffy)
9. Resecure Guiderail - make sure alignment is straight and previous alignment is repeated - you may see slight washer indentation to know this position

Rail

1. Remove 4 screws and remove autolauncher.
2. Set on support rail handle (I used a clamp to keep it in place but you could also use a zip tie - this is just to make sure the assembly doesn't drop taking wires and connectors with it should you bump it off the rail while you're working)
3. Unscrew 4 nuts under rail
4. CAREFULLY lift hotrail up to be able to just slip the cliffy under the first 2 screws
5. Alignment of the cliffy for mine was exactly even with the playfield ends which positioned the cliffy just shy of the shooter lane and spot on when the rail is secured
6. Reattach rail nuts starting with the one closest to the front - make sure cliffy stays aligned
7. Reattach autolauncher making sure alignment and rollover are centered

That's it

#8600 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Man I need a fix for the lower pop/bumper stuck ball issue...I didn't realize how common this was. My machine is level and setup correctly front to back and left to right. It happens with regularity and usually during critical times. Getting frustrating. Searching the threads here is what I've seen to alleviate the issue:
1. 3D Printed block that fits on post
2. foam on pop skirt
3. Adjusting pop strength
4. Adjusting pop sensitivity
5. Bending the post after marking the front, removing, bending, and reinserting
I've tried options 3 and 4 with no luck.
Nudging doesn't help as it it sets off the tilt warning the way I prefer it as you really have to push it to get any movement, it just rests in that skirt/post cradle
Any other thoughts or ideas? [quoted image]

That's happened to me with LEs at 2 different locations. To avoid tilting I have to wait for the ball search. During a song that is a disappointment. When I get mine I may try a larger rubber ring on the post or a fat sleeve.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/172?hl=yoderboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.