pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 563.
#8451 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ah.. I get it. Thanks. How fast do coils cool down to fresh temp generally after reaching that max temp/fade point if you stop playing to rest them? Minutes? Half hour?

No idea. I haven’t done that type of research. Wild guess? 30 mins to an hour depending on the temp of the coils once you stopped playing.

#8452 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I have a early wake up call so I’ll tackle this seemingly easy fix tomorrow but out of curiosity has this happened to anyone ? The plastic bent upwards and is a hair from touching/scratching the stage screen .We only have 40-50 plays on it so I’m not sure when it even happened My only worry is it happening again and scratching the screen .As always any help is greatly appreciated .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same problem. To fix, I just gently pushed the plastic down until it wasn't obstructing the screen. Hasn't moved back since.

#8453 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So either it's not enough fade to matter or people aren't playing their gnr pins for extended periods? why isn't this being talked about as a number one issue unless the fade just isn't enough to affect game play? It's there a gnr flipper fade post that's on fire that I'm missing out on?
Just because it's noticeable maybe doesn't equate to enough to significantly impair game play? I'm really curious if it's just a known pin "thing" but not really a showstopper or much of an issue?
However, obviously there's enough chatter about it that it became a setting in the beta code, so there is that... Is there a hard stop playing this pin all out for a certain period of time like say 45 to 60 minutes where this fade becomes such an issue and you literally have to stop playing and let the coils cool down because you just can't make shots due to the fade?
I'd really like to know from the people that have their gnr pins, both the ones who just got them and are probably and hopefully wearing them out having a blast and those that have had them for months.. you all are in the position to comment on real world experiences with this. Thoughts?

I've played GNR twice and each time for about an hour . I never noticed anything and was still able to make all the shots . I used to play my Hobbit for 2 to 3 hours at a time and it has lots of multi balls and same thing , never noticed anything and could still hit all the shots .
I don't doubt what PinMonk and Chuck are saying .
I did hear someone say on a podcast that they thought because we have 240v over here , it helps with the flippers . I don't know , either way it hasn't been an issue for me .

#8454 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've played GNR twice and each time for about an hour .

Next time you play, backhand the left ramp. After 30 mins try it again.

#8455 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Will do , I'm positive I was able to do that last time but I will really keep an eye on it next time . Even when there were parties here and people were playing The Hobbit for the afternoon , I would jump on it and would still be able to play it just like normal .
I'm not disputing the coils can heat up and get weaker .
I just never found it to be a problem .

#8456 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Will do , I'm positive I was able to do that last time but I will really keep an eye on it next time . Even when there were parties here and people were playing The Hobbit for the afternoon , I would jump on it and would still be able to play it just like normal .
I'm not disputing the coils can heat up and get weaker .
I just never found it to be a problem .

It usually isn’t a problem for most. But can become frustrating if there’s a shot that is really sensitive to ball speed. You may only notice that at the start of a session, right ramp backhands Zip up there and later ones only trickle up there. I’m talking ones that go all the way up to the upper flipper. I’m sure on the SE it never matters.

Another common way to tell are combos with a shot right up the middle. You may be able to do these no problem to start, then it gets way harder later (but still possible). AIQ is notorious for this. Deadpool and combining the left ramp to wolverine spinner is another.

#8457 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It usually isn’t a problem for most. But can become frustrating if there’s a shot that is really sensitive to ball speed. You may only notice that at the start of a session, right ramp backhands Zip up there and later ones only trickle up there. I’m talking ones that go all the way up to the upper flipper. I’m sure on the SE it never matters.

I wonder if there's any truth in our different voltage makes a difference ?

#8458 2 years ago

No idea. I’m just an accountant. Haha. I just know that all my flipper troubles went away when I put these fans on my stranger things. So I’m on board for life.

#8459 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Mine currently exhibit fade symptoms well within 20 minutes. This is likely due to the multitude of multiballs I typically hit PRIOR to ever starting the song, and even then I tend not to start a song until I have at minimum 3 locked, creating another multiball scenario during the song. All these multiballs seem to contribute to faster fade and hence my desire to minimize as much as practically possible.
Bottomline, I’ll take all the help I can get wrt fade!

You don't want to "minimize" the multiballs. It sounds like you don't understand the game rules.

The pre-song multiballs are boosters, your goal is to hit as many jackpots for them as you can prior to the song, which will maximize your song jackpot.
Stacking them helps achieve this.

They are an intentional part of the gameplay and if you're trying to avoid them, you're missing the point.

I mean, if you want to minimize your score and your fun, go for it.

#8460 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was able to fix this issue on mine by bumping up the power on the left flipper by 2. After long play, I can still backhand the left ramp.

#8461 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Another common way to tell are combos with a shot right up the middle. You may be able to do these no problem to start, then it gets way harder later (but still possible). AIQ is notorious for this. Deadpool and combining the left ramp to wolverine spinner is another.

You’re able to backhand the right ramp on your machine?

#8462 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I have a early wake up call so I’ll tackle this seemingly easy fix tomorrow but out of curiosity has this happened to anyone ? The plastic bent upwards and is a hair from touching/scratching the stage screen .We only have 40-50 plays on it so I’m not sure when it even happened My only worry is it happening again and scratching the screen .As always any help is greatly appreciated .

I’ve got the same issue on mine. Didn’t see a way to secure it. Let me know what you find out.

#8463 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You’re able to backhand the right ramp on your machine?

Don’t own it. Just play on location a lot. I remember this being possible, but honestly don’t really try it. I feel like I always need the left ramp and never need the right one haha.

Bumping flipper power is a good call. On stranger things I couldn’t make it any higher, so I had to go a different route to keep the performance.

#8464 2 years ago

When hitting the right orbit on my game the ball will exit the left orbit and hit the top left sling sending the ball out of control. Before I make any adjustments I wanted to see how other people’s game behaved. Is this how everyone else’s game is?

#8465 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

When hitting the right orbit on my game the ball will exit the left orbit and hit the top left sling sending the ball out of control. Before I make any adjustments I wanted to see how other people’s game behaved. Is this how everyone else’s game is?

No, not on mine. The right orbit shots never hit the left sling. It might happen on occasion on the right sling, but I think it only happens at one particular ball speed and that is a slow/medium speed. And not often. Most orbit shots rocket around the field and you have to be ready for them.

#8466 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Pretty common adjustment that's needed. Step 1 make sure your pitch and level is exactly how you want it. Then go to work loosening and adjusting the left ball guide. Like the other poster mentioned, even when dialed in it wont go to the flipper 100% of the time, there are certain ball speeds where it will still hit the sling.

#8467 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Mine does this as well. I was going to look into adjusting the left orbit guide. Not sure if there is room for it to move at all.

#8468 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t own it. Just play on location a lot. I remember this being possible, but honestly don’t really try it. I feel like I always need the left ramp and never need the right one haha.
Bumping flipper power is a good call. On stranger things I couldn’t make it any higher, so I had to go a different route to keep the performance.

Yeah I swear I use the left ramp 10 times more than the right. I always post pass and backhand the left ramp. I rarely try to shoot it from the right flipper. It’s just riskier if you hit those stand ups. It’s almost a guarantee with the left flipper back hand.

#8469 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

whats in the extra box. you bought extra Backglasses too?. Man you went all out!
And if it is you risking it all standing it up like that with Black dog by it

PinFever on top there are ramp sets for CV and Earthshaker, shipping is what has prevented me from getting them up until now - whereas this was a free piggyback ride with the game. On the side, a hobbit playfield and plastics for shits and giggles :-p

0BA940D5-76B7-48AB-AC28-DAA69293BFC9 (resized).jpeg0BA940D5-76B7-48AB-AC28-DAA69293BFC9 (resized).jpeg
#8470 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve got the same issue on mine. Didn’t see a way to secure it. Let me know what you find out.

I will, I’m thinking about cutting a piece of rubber to length then slit it so plastic sits inside it then wedge down .I would just push it down but am worried if it happens again it will scratch the screen .I’ll send pics when I do this over the weekend .

#8471 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I was able to fix this issue on mine by bumping up the power on the left flipper by 2. After long play, I can still backhand the left ramp.

Thanks I’ll try this also ,when the fade starts can’t get anywhere in this game .Trying to hit with the right flipper ends badly quite often .

#8472 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine does this as well. I was going to look into adjusting the left orbit guide. Not sure if there is room for it to move at all.

There is some room to move it but I had to bend the end with a pair of pliers.

#8473 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Loosen the guide then stick a straight screwdriver between the ball guide and the post like a wedge then tighten the guide back up. Worked for me and made the game play alot better with some nice orbit flow.

#8474 2 years ago

Anyone getting balls stuck between the right ramp and the drumstick? Seems like the gap or the gate are the issue, but it's happening more and more. Can't even nudge to get it out, so it's a total game stopped.

#8475 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone getting balls stuck between the right ramp and the drumstick? Seems like the gap or the gate are the issue, but it's happening more and more. Can't even nudge to get it out, so it's a total game stopped.

No

#8476 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

There was some guy, many pages back now, who was having that issue and found his ramp wasn't bolted down right - the bottom part was sitting too far away from the cabinet wall. If you can't find that post, you could at least see if that looks to be the case. The right drumstick should be perfectly parallel with the wall, which you can most easily see by sighting down from the top and checking it against the hotrail.

#8477 2 years ago

How do we get on the beta list?

#8479 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m sure it has colors, it just will be based off the hardware of Pinstadium, not the coding of the game.
I’m also not sure how they figured out how to make their kit mirror the RGB hot rails, but maybe they did.

nothing unique about the hotrails it should be possible to tap into them.

#8480 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ah.. I get it. Thanks. How fast do coils cool down to fresh temp generally after reaching that max temp/fade point if you stop playing to rest them? Minutes? Half hour?

Lots of variables there with coil size, how hot it was etc, but generally if you give it 10-15 minutes it will be below the fade threshold again, but it won't be like a completely fresh game.

#8481 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder if there's any truth in our different voltage makes a difference ?

It's an interesting idea, but once the voltage is converted for the machine to use, there shouldn't be any difference what the input voltage from the wall was. Still, I have no firsthand knowledge of whether it does or doesn't only that I don't see why it would.

#8482 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lots of variables there with coil size, how hot it was etc, but generally if you give it 10-15 minutes it will be below the fade threshold again, but it won't be like a completely fresh game.

THAT'S why people aren't noticing it much. Just enough time for bathroom and beverage break to cool your coils.

#8483 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's an interesting idea, but once the voltage is converted for the machine to use, there shouldn't be any difference what the input voltage from the wall was. Still, I have no firsthand knowledge of whether it does or doesn't only that I don't see why it would.

Line voltage shouldn't matter, but the cycle (50hz vs 60hz) might.

#8484 2 years ago

Rather nice to see all that beautifull Dayne Henry Jr. art fully in the backglass. A little solder, a piece of 4000K ledstrip and an old piece of cable of a deceased pc powersupply and voila. Plug it into the spare 12V Molex connector behind the monitor and voila. Thats some nice backlit backglas around the monitor. just gotto finetune (darken it abit) around the camera area.

20210422_201938 (resized).jpg20210422_201938 (resized).jpg20210422_224652 (resized).jpg20210422_224652 (resized).jpg20210422_224745 (resized).jpg20210422_224745 (resized).jpg

20210422_232139 (resized).jpg20210422_232139 (resized).jpg20210422_232154 (resized).jpg20210422_232154 (resized).jpg20210422_232228 (resized).jpg20210422_232228 (resized).jpg
#8485 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Line voltage shouldn't matter, but the cycle (50hz vs 60hz) might.

An interesting avenue to explore, for sure. This whole coil fade project has been very enlightening. Quite a number of unexpected outcomes. The Spike hold magic is the most surprising so far, though.

Neil? Paging NeilMcRae . Shall I send you some temp measuring equipment with your jjGnR fan kit so you can get some baseline 50hz machine temps before you put them on?

#8486 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Rather nice to see all that beautifull Dayne Henry Jr. art fully in the backglass. A little solder, a piece of 4000K ledstrip and an old piece of cable of a deceased pc powersupply and voila. Plug it into the spare 12V Molex connector behind the monitor and voila. Thats some nice backlit backglas around the monitor. just gotto finetune (darken it abit) around the camera area.

Have you adjusted the monitor yet? It looks very washed out.

#8487 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you adjusted the monitor yet? It looks very washed out.

i have not yet. lots of settings are grayed out and to be honest i have been to busy playing it since it arrived 2 months ago. Next job will be installing your cooling fans when you ship your orders. Looking forward to those. But take your time testing. I rather have the patience than have them fail.

#8488 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i have not yet. lots of settings are grayed out and to be honest i have been to busy playing it since it arrived 2 months ago. Next job will be installing your cooling fans when you ship your orders. Looking forward to those. But take your time testing. I rather have the patience than have them fail.

Use the direct monitor adjustment menu on the remote mini-board in the backbox, not the settings in the software. You should be able to get it looking more reasonable.

#8489 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Use the direct monitor adjustment menu on the remote mini-board in the backbox, not the settings in the software. You should be able to get it looking more reasonable.

i take it you mean the controls on the back of the monitor since i could not find any mini board in the backboard with controls on it.

#8490 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i take it you mean the controls on the back of the monitor since i could not find any mini board in the backboard with controls on it.

I don't know how the controls are mounted on jjGNR. Usually there's a mini remote circuit board with buttons for the monitor, but maybe it's mounted behind the monitor on jjGnR.

#8491 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know how the controls are mounted on jjGNR. Usually there's a mini remote circuit board with buttons for the monitor, but maybe it's mounted behind the monitor on jjGnR.

yup. the buttons are on the side of the monitor in GnR.

#8492 2 years ago

Holy crap playing with this new beta code is like a new machine. Flippers way more powerful through long play sessions. Very happy.

Huge improvement thanks pinball_keefer !

#8493 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Holy crap playing with this new beta code is like a new machine. Flippers way more powerful through long play sessions. Very happy.
Huge improvement thanks pinball_keefer !

This is great news. From the beginning, it struck me as weird that JJP with dual wound coils couldn't manage heat as well as Spike that just had single wound. In theory, dual wound should be BETTER. Glad pinball_keefer is on the case.

#8494 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Anyone else have their magnet fail? The solenoid for the magnet by the top lanes has a resistor "rigged" inline to it (under the coil wrapper, taped to the coil), and mine failed, making the magnet not work (no continuity). This makes the game rough as the ball never drops into the top lanes (to collect extra balls or Axl letters). Also, my lower right hotrail isn't working. Anyone else seeing these issues?

Hey, if you are still having issues with your lower right hotrail the fix is that the left and right hotrail's have swapped connections (if the left hotrail displays the plunge animation). You can find the connections by placing the playfield in the service stance and in the bottom left there will be a board with multiple eathernet cables attached to it with the hot rails being the two three pin connectors facing the coin door. Just swap them and it should fix the issue.

#8495 2 years ago

Can someone break down the jukebox mode for me? Isn’t there a way to get video? All I can figure out is ordered songs. What am I missing here?

#8496 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone break down the jukebox mode for me? Isn’t there a way to get video? All I can figure out is ordered songs. What am I missing here?

I would like this explained as well. It seems that every time I fire it up even though it’s in shuffle mode estranged is the first song that plays without fail I’m not sure how to advance songs in the jukebox mode or if that’s even possible?

#8497 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

There is a setting to get the video I think there’s a setting for lights and music and video.

#8498 2 years ago

Got Liors mods in today.They look Awesome

176875627_298446608349147_5375926228844242268_n (resized).png176875627_298446608349147_5375926228844242268_n (resized).png177295926_904299087082233_6046898267960660413_n (resized).png177295926_904299087082233_6046898267960660413_n (resized).png
#8499 2 years ago

What has jjp done to address the pooling playfields? Is there a fix?

#8500 2 years ago

What pooling playfields? WTF did that come from?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/170?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.