IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 567.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So CEs are being made before LE round two? That’s doesn’t sound right b/c that would mean next LEs in Dec? I was told a few weeks from now for LE.

December is a few weeks from now

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'd be shocked if JJP got the CE's out by the end of the year....

Why? They said they were doing 100 LE, then 100 CE games. As the 100 LE games were DONE on announce and they do around 60 a week why Wouldn’t CE games start arriving by November as stated? Don’t look at past examples to judge Current direction.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So CEs are being made before LE round two? That’s doesn’t sound right b/c that would mean next LEs in Dec? I was told a few weeks from now for LE.
SE should be week 2 right now (starting 10/11). I can’t see CEs being made the week after that (10/18)....I believe it’s LEs no?

Not what I was told. Why would the CE owners have to wait after the other two models have been made 100 each??

#754 3 years ago

60 per week and only 11 weeks left (plus holidays interfering) they aren’t going to get anywhere close to the current demand produced till like June next year.

#755 3 years ago

Here is another minor issue with an easy fix. This is for the Guitar neck lock release. There is a gold bolt that adjusts the resting position of the plungers that release the balls. This fell out on one for me. Simple to find in cabinet and reattach. I don’t think it was ever tight from the factory.

CCE8E6B5-BE5E-4F2E-88B4-0913EB060DE5 (resized).jpegCCE8E6B5-BE5E-4F2E-88B4-0913EB060DE5 (resized).jpeg
#756 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Here is another minor issue with an easy fix. This is for the Guitar neck lock release. There is a gold bolt that adjusts the resting position of the plungers that release the balls. This fell out on one for me. Simple to find in cabinet and reattach. I don’t think it was ever tight from the factory.
[quoted image]

You are now our tech support til we get ours.

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are now our tech support til we get ours.

Happy to help. I bet some of these things may be common in early builds. This is my first JJP and I’m super impressed in the quality overall. It’s pinball and this stuff happens.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why? They said they were doing 100 LE, then 100 CE games. As the 100 LE games were DONE on announce and they do around 60 a week why Wouldn’t CE games start arriving by November as stated? Don’t look at past examples to judge Current direction.

I guess I didn't read the comment that way. Your right maybe a portion will ship in November, but theres 500 CE's that have to be made. The real question is when will they finish shipping that product...making only 100 is 20% of the overall CE build.

#759 3 years ago

At 60 per week and assuming they sold more LE's than CE's than your talking about 17+ weeks if they were only making LE/CE models....plus they will lose a few weeks in there due to the holidays...some folks won't see these machines for 4-6 months.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At 60 per week and assuming they sold more LE's than CE's than your talking about 17+ weeks if they were only making LE/CE models....plus they will lose a few weeks in there due to the holidays...some folks won't see these machines for 4-6 months.

So if you are on the fence about getting an LE. Consider getting in line ASAP. It’s going to be awhile...

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

So if you are on the fence about getting an LE. Consider getting in line ASAP. It’s going to be awhile...

At only 60 games/week it is what it is....my guess is they sold more LE's than CE's so thats over 1000 games that need to be built. So if you throw in SE's its gonna be 4-6 months at that build rate

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Pretty much... I wanted a ce but missed it bc of the distro cut so hopefully I get the a le out of the next run sometime in the next 4 weeks or so ...at least that's what has been mentioned. At this point it's just a waiting game and I just hope jjp is prepared to b making g@r for a while until demand is meant and hopefully the new factory can ramp things up to speed up the process for everyone.

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

At only 60 games/week it is what it is....my guess is they sold more LE's than CE's so thats over 1000 games that need to be built. So if you throw in SE's its gonna be 4-6 months at that build rate

Word is there are 2500-3k pins ordered allready between all models.... Obviously some will back out after the wait but many more will order also after seeing and playing it ..... so jjp has alot of work ahead and I hope they are ready for this huge test. I'm so happy for them...

#764 3 years ago

So what are others hearing then for the next round of LEs?

#765 3 years ago

I still do not understand how an LE has 5,000 units (a sweet machine nonetheless). I guess there are a limited amount of people that have one now!

Stern at least got this right: standard, premium, and LE

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what are others hearing then for the next round of LEs?

100 LE’s then SE’s not sure how many probably 100 . Who knows how many CE’s I was told November rain for mine.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I still do not understand how an LE has 5,000 units (a sweet machine nonetheless). I guess there are a limited amount of people that have one now!

Its not about the numbers when it comes to jjp le ... its about the nice upgrades and features it has....at least for me. No different than many other products.. not necessarily limited numbers but its about the things it comes with that make it stick out over the other regular models

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I never understood why anyone gets mad at the number of LE’s. For JJP the CE is the one you want severely limited. That is their top model.

Secondly, limited means exactly that, limited. 5000 machines is limited, by definition. There won’t be more than 5k of that machine. Limited does not mean, hard to buy or find. Their SE’s aren’t limited, they will he made as long as there is demand.

So what’s the issue with 5k LEs? These are games not collectibles.

#769 3 years ago

Boxing up 12 pins a day, 60 per week, doesn’t sound right to me, unless it’s coming from them and I didn’t see it mentioned.

I would have thought they could do 25 or so? I thought that’s what they previously estimated

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I never understood why anyone gets mad at the number of LE’s. For JJP the CE is the one you want severely limited. That is their top model.
Secondly, limited means exactly that, limited. 5000 machines is limited, by definition. There won’t be more than 5k of that machine. Limited does not mean, hard to buy or find. Their SE’s aren’t limited, they will he made as long as there is demand.
So what’s the issue with 5k LEs? These are games not collectibles.

Why even limit a premium model?

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I think there will be HUO LEs available long before an order placed today is fulfilled. Especially with Zep coming.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Word is there are 2500-3k pins ordered allready between all models.... Obviously some will back out after the wait but many more will order also after seeing and playing it ..... so jjp has alot of work ahead and I hope they are ready for this huge test. I'm so happy for them...

Wow....great for JJP...if thats the case they better make more than 60 games/week....thats almost a year to build through these units let alone try to launch another title. My guess is they launch another title within the next 6 months. JJP said GNR has been done for quite a while so my guess is the next title isn't far behind ...

#773 3 years ago

I had the opportunity to play this at a friend's house yesterday, and I wanted to give my impression as a long-time JJP skeptic: this game is a grand slam.

Art: 10/10 (cabinet: best ever)
Layout: 10/10
Light show: 11/10
Fun factor: 10/10
Audio: 8/10 (I'll explain)

First, kudos to JJP for finally picking a theme that I can get into. I did like POTC, but already owned the Stern, and couldn't justify the $$ to upgrade.

And OMG, the light show on this game - it's absolutely fantastic. My MET and Aerosmith seem a little sad now without those little stage lights. If these ever come up after-market, it'll be a must-add for Rock pins. Of course even those wouldn't be choreographed like the lighting on this pin.

My only quibbles are around the audio. Some of the sound effects seemed out of place, and the factory speakers seem a little weak compared to a full Flipper Fidelity system or separate sub. Both of those can be easily fixed, though.

Congrats to all the current and future owners, this is one hell of a fun pin.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

My wife is crazy about GnR. We flew from the east coast to see them in Hawaii at Aloha Stadium a few years ago and had front row tickets (purchased the second they went on sale) that were only $450 each plus fees - about $1,200 total for the pair. Not as expensive as most would think. We also found out the Eagles were playing the night before when we flew in and were able to get front row for them through TicketCenter resale the night of the show for $1,000 total for the pair.
That all being said, I do laugh when I look through my ticket stubs from the 80's and see how dirt cheap the shows were then compared to today.

My first concert was Kiss in 78 for $12.50

#775 3 years ago

For you owners; how difficult is it to stage the flippers? I didn’t get enough time to play with it. Are you able to play the upper right flipper and mini pf flipper while cradling balls?

One thing i remember while playing the other night is the crowd meter drops fast! I tried to be clever and just cradle while making shots with the other flipper but that is a no go. Can only cradle for a few seconds before you have to get the balls back in play. I thought that was really cool actually. Promotes on the fly playing which is actually more my style, and also makes for quicker gametimes.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For you owners; how difficult is it to stage the flippers? I didn’t get enough time to play with it. Are you able to play the upper right flipper and mini pf flipper while cradling balls?
One thing i remember while playing the other night is the crowd meter drops fast! I tried to be clever and just cradle while making shots with the other flipper but that is a no go. Can only cradle for a few seconds before you have to get the balls back in play. I thought that was really cool actually. Promotes on the fly playing which is actually more my style, and also makes for quicker gametimes.

And prevents players from adding time to their songs. Which is how you qualify album modes. They thought of most everything

#777 3 years ago

So word is that JJP is still sorting out it's numbers from the week. My Distro still doesn't have his shipping times yet as JJP is still working out it's schedule on backorders. I put in my deposit order for an LE on the 6th after losing my CE on the 5th from the ask pullback. Should I be concerned that I went through my distro again for the LE order instead of Direct? I just don't want to get burned again.

#778 3 years ago

I picked up my game, #268, last night after the event at Cointaker. I was originally in on a CE but with the allocation issues and not having an idea on the production order and an anticipated delivery date I made a deal to take home one of the show games. The game was obviously one of the first hundred produced and has a 3 different date stamps on it.
I was told I made someone very happy and since I’m a causal fan , I actually preferred the LE package because I had never seen the banned album with the “bad” robot.
With an external subwoofer connected the LE sounds amazing. Also some amazing aftermarket pieces will also be coming out for the lockdown bar, shooter rod and topper that make me confident that I made a good decision. I’m sure the CE value will ascend in value but a few months early is worth a premium in my book with the state of the country heading into an uncertain fall/ flu season. My Rick and Morty was on the line when Spooky shut down for a few months, that was torture. That reminds me I unlocked the 22nd song , Patience tonight , I think by locking 6 balls on the upper level which reminds me a lot of TSPP.

67F00566-1968-42EF-8F7C-229BC606D0FA (resized).jpeg67F00566-1968-42EF-8F7C-229BC606D0FA (resized).jpeg46A52AC2-FD3B-4AF6-8026-98E8D4B06D66 (resized).jpeg46A52AC2-FD3B-4AF6-8026-98E8D4B06D66 (resized).jpegEEB25929-F6D1-4862-B73E-B01983064A16 (resized).jpegEEB25929-F6D1-4862-B73E-B01983064A16 (resized).jpegFB83B87F-4E01-4AF5-A396-735C59DE78A7 (resized).jpegFB83B87F-4E01-4AF5-A396-735C59DE78A7 (resized).jpeg
#779 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think there will be HUO LEs available long before an order placed today is fulfilled. Especially with Zep coming.

I don’t think so

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think so

I know of a LE that will be available in late Nov, early Dec on the west coast.

#781 3 years ago

kermit24 jarozi Yelobird
4. I think all playfields are the same (except CE Glitter obviously).

I noticed, from Kanedas post, that the playfield IS different. Artwork wise. Numbers 7 on both sides of it... has extra artwork. I’ve never seen different artwork on a playfield, that’s model-dependent. Has that been done before? Also noticed there’s green plastic by the outline bottoms compared to blue on the other models.... the promos kept mentioning the purple plastics instead of red, but this set of plastics at the bottom is also different.
699719A7-C853-41CC-9E7C-7CE045A59EFF (resized).jpeg699719A7-C853-41CC-9E7C-7CE045A59EFF (resized).jpeg

#782 3 years ago

Jjp potc was quite different

#783 3 years ago

Wonka CE also different.

#784 3 years ago

Artwork is different for sure. The holes seem to be the same.

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Jjp potc was quite different

You can tell this will be my first jjp

#786 3 years ago

This game is straight up eating my lunch. I gotta get dialed in because I’m getting plenty drains in 10-15 seconds. The right side is particularly unforgiving.

#787 3 years ago

I think it's exciting to see a new JJP owner's thread that isn't dominated by 'fix it' messages. It sounds like they've managed to tighten up their QA and related design issues. It's still early but the initial wave of "I've been playing the game" and not fixing the game gives me hope.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

kermit24 jarozi yelobird
4. I think all playfields are the same (except CE Glitter obviously).
I noticed, from Kanedas post, that the playfield IS different. Artwork wise. Numbers 7 on both sides of it... has extra artwork. I’ve never seen different artwork on a playfield, that’s model-dependent. Has that been done before? Also noticed there’s green plastic by the outline bottoms compared to blue on the other models.... the promos kept mentioning the purple plastics instead of red, but this set of plastics at the bottom is also different.
[quoted image]

Yes I believe this was confirmed several pages ago. Yes, they are different.

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I picked up my game, #268, last night after the event at Cointaker. I was originally in on a CE but with the allocation issues and not having an idea on the production order and an anticipated delivery date I made a deal to take home one of the show games. The game was obviously one of the first hundred produced and has a 3 different date stamps on it.
I was told I made someone very happy and since I’m a causal fan , I actually preferred the LE package because I had never seen the banned album with the “bad” robot.
With an external subwoofer connected the LE sounds amazing. Also some amazing aftermarket pieces will also be coming out for the lockdown bar, shooter rod and topper that make me confident that I made a good decision. I’m sure the CE value will ascend in value but a few months early is worth a premium in my book with the state of the country heading into an uncertain fall/ flu season. My Rick and Morty was on the line when Spooky shut down for a few months, that was torture. That reminds me I unlocked the 22nd song , Patience tonight , I think by locking 6 balls on the upper level which reminds me a lot of TSPP.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What kind of subwoofer have you add and how?

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

What kind of subwoofer have you add and how?

It’s just a Polk PSW10 that I had hooked up to my Metallica. They are around $100 and I recommend them, I have about 5 of them hooked up to games like Maiden, GB, and JP.

I was just testing things out so I attached alligator clips to a speaker wire and tapped into the connections on the sub in the cabinet and fished the cable out of the box of the cabinet through the wire mesh. I was curiously looking in the backbox and how the audio was fed and with my limited knowledge I believe I saw a 3.5 mm line out that feed the speakers in the backbox and then feed into another board. I would think you could use a 3.5 mm splitter to feed an audio bar but I purely speculating and didn’t want to mess anything up. I’ll wait until someone with more knowledge weighs in. I can tell you with the simple addition of the powered sub I was very pleased with the sound. I had it up around 32 and one of the 1,000+ figures I have on the walls in my basement took a fall.
I’ll share some pictures of the interior of the backbox later.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

100 LE’s then SE’s not sure how many probably 100 . Who knows how many CE’s I was told November rain for mine.

Thanks. I’m hearing CEs mid November and SEs this week. I would think LEs are in between that (another run) but I’m hearing conflicting reports.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

You can tell this will be my first jjp

Another cool thing that GNR looks to be doing is bringing in a lot more new players into the JJP fold for the first time. There is a real opportunity for them here with QA, support, and service to try and further differentiate themselves by ensuring they knock the post-sales experience out of the park as well. They have been amazing for me and are already doing this, but I think GNR takes this to another level entirely.

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just wanted to say thank you for allowing us to play your game at Cointaker before picking it up. I hope my GC lasts at least a few days before you blow it away.

Enjoy it! It’s beautiful.

#794 3 years ago

Did anybody else see on Facebook that someone told Eric that they should have Slash sign things and put them in random machines? Eric simply replied with a wink emoji. I saw it in the comments section of the picture with Slash and Jack. That is no confirmation but it is a strong hint.

If I ordered one of these machines and found one of those JJP GNR hoodies (or anything really) signed by Slash inside, I would be over the moon. If this is true, it is another way that JJP is absolutely killing this launch and not letting up. Way to go JJP and team!

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm holding out for the drum stick protectors...

I hope my drumsticks get worn down to nubs

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm holding out for the drum stick protectors...

I believe they are already protected, pinball_keefer mentioned something in a stream about it.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I believe they are already protected, pinball_keefer mentioned something in a stream about it.

Drumsticks have mylar on them.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I asked during the stream, and Joe said they had extra clear to prevent wear.

#799 3 years ago

Drumstick issue is now settled. Lets stop beating it

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Drumstick issue is now settled. Lets stop beating it

But the drumsticks are Not Red! lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/16?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.