IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 568.
#7951 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It has several functions:
3. Press and hold to defer (toggle) album mode
Any others?

I didn’t know this one, thanks! I was wondering if/how this is possible.

#7952 3 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Pitch is critical in this game. The steeper i make it, the more ball control i have. Harder, fast pins play better steep imo. Definitely experiment with it. I also lean slightly left.

Thanks for the info .I’ll keep tweaking in small increnements .

#7953 3 years ago

Can anyone help with a question .My first NIB for registration when asked date of purchase woukd that be deposit,Paid in full or delivery date ?

#7954 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Can anyone help with a question .My first NIB for registration when asked date of purchase woukd that be deposit,Paid in full or delivery date ?

The date that is on your bill of delivery from your distributor

#7955 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Whoa whoa whoa....What!?!?!

#7956 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It has several functions:
1. Patch selection
2. Pyro jackpot collection
4. Press at the tank to allow song selection
5. Hadoken in the AFD album mode
6. Cannon shot in the Tear Down the Wall album mode
Any others?

Ok, I do use it for song selection but during active ball play the only time I press it is for that pyro jackpot with the dynamite and shooting the posters mode. Other than that I don’t ever press it

#7957 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I do use it for song selection but during active ball play the only time I press it is for that pyro jackpot with the dynamite and shooting the posters mode. Other than that I don’t ever press it

If you're not choosing patches you're leaving a lot on the table!

#7958 3 years ago

This weekend I installed the Pinwoofer system to my GnR and I gotta tell you I think this thing is a must-have for this particular title! It makes a huge difference to the song quality as well as to hearing the shoutouts and gameplay F/X. I added the tweeter upgrades and an external sub as well. Tweeters will likely take me awhile to really say whether they added anything but for $50 I figured what the hell. The external sub is completely over the top and unnecessary, but that's kind of the effect I was going for! The walls fucking bleed when I play this game now!

Anyways, long story short, if anyone has any use for the stock sub or tweeters that came with the machine, hit me up. Happy to make a deal if someone can put these things to use. Oh, and go buy a Pinwoofer system, you won't be disappointed!

#7959 3 years ago

Two questions for a JJP newbie. Where do you connect an external sub? Also, where can I pull 12v power for a cabinet lighting kit? Thank you!

#7960 3 years ago

The tweeters are 100% required. They make a huge difference.

Though, I wouldn’t run an external sub and the pinwoofer system.

Quoted from atg1469:

This weekend I installed the Pinwoofer system to my GnR and I gotta tell you I think this thing is a must-have for this particular title! It makes a huge difference to the song quality as well as to hearing the shoutouts and gameplay F/X. I added the tweeter upgrades and an external sub as well. Tweeters will likely take me awhile to really say whether they added anything but for $50 I figured what the hell. The external sub is completely over the top and unnecessary, but that's kind of the effect I was going for! The walls fucking bleed when I play this game now!
Anyways, long story short, if anyone has any use for the stock sub or tweeters that came with the machine, hit me up. Happy to make a deal if someone can put these things to use. Oh, and go buy a Pinwoofer system, you won't be disappointed!

#7961 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you're not choosing patches you're leaving a lot on the table!

Oh, I’m not saying I’m doing anything right I just never look at the screen. I honestly don’t even know how or when I get a patch. That’s why I am asking to Understand how they work. Sounds like after you collect a patch then you hit a button and collect another one, correct?

#7962 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The tweeters are 100% required. They make a huge difference.
Though, I wouldn’t run an external sub and the pinwoofer system.

Why? I am and use the cabinet more as mid as everything adjustable. The 12 inch external sub just gets those deep heart shaking beats there is no way that small speaker can pick up. Adding better topper speakers as well and inserting new tweeters. Next is smoke machine

#7963 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Oh, I’m not saying I’m doing anything right I just never look at the screen. I honestly don’t even know how or when I get a patch. That’s why I am asking to Understand how they work. Sounds like after you collect a patch then you hit a button and collect another one, correct?

The button chooses which patch you're going for, and lighting the GNR inlane collects it. Dropping through the hole on the upper playfield collects a letter too.

I did a quick and dirty explanation and some patch strategy yesterday:

#7964 3 years ago

Thank for all of the nice accolades, guys!

Now that we've got our copy of GNR and have it dialed in I'd say its among the best sounding titles of all time.

Tweeters - with the factory backbox and sound board you can get away with the originals but adding PinWoofer power absolutely necessitates our aftermarket tweeters. Because of the world-wide shipping glut and supply constraints, we can't offer the tweeters on their own, but you are guaranteed to get them when you purchase the late JJP PinWoofer system (i.e. GNR). (Existing late JJP PinWoofer owners can still purchase one set per serial number as a stand alone.)

Adding external bass is great if that's what you like (and our system and accessories support it), but doing that alone - you'll miss out on the rich array of well mastered audio. You really have to hear it to understand. The percussion effects from the jets are amazing and punch hard - like the drum kit is in the machine. There are a huge array of effects that are masterfully done and crystal clear; little guitar riffs and things you don't otherwise hear with clarity. You can also play loud. Slash's Les Paul / Marshall combination is amazing too.

We're hugely excited about GNR.

Have fun!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

#7965 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The button chooses which patch you're going for, and lighting the GNR inlane collects it. Dropping through the hole on the upper playfield collects a letter too.
I did a quick and dirty explanation and some patch strategy yesterday:

Awesome, thanks!

#7966 3 years ago

zaphX

So how do you use the action button to NOT play an album mode. I honestly wish those modes didn't exist at all. They are lacking so much in comparison to song modes.

Can you still get to the final wizard mode if you don't play those modes and skip them?

#7967 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

zaphX
So how do you use the action button to NOT play an album mode. I honestly wish those modes didn't exist at all. They are lacking so much in comparison to song modes.
Can you still get to the final wizard mode if you don't play those modes and skip them?

When an album mode is qualified and flashing just press and hold the action button. Do it again to turn it back on. It must be done each new ball.

I wish the album modes kicked in a bit later in the game, after completing gold or platinum perhaps.

Re final wizard mode, unlikely - I'm sure you have to finish them.

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wish the album modes kicked in a bit later in the game, after completing gold or platinum perhaps.

Agree, that would be a good setting, activate after Gold or Platinum records and adjust time.

#7969 3 years ago

Fellas, yesterday I heard that something fell precisely when I finished my last game. I just found these parts under the playfield, any idea where the screw might be?

06ADB8AC-E3B2-48AD-8452-EA461AA3C559 (resized).jpeg06ADB8AC-E3B2-48AD-8452-EA461AA3C559 (resized).jpegB7DE4D8D-EBC5-4BA9-B3E4-B4331C5275A5 (resized).jpegB7DE4D8D-EBC5-4BA9-B3E4-B4331C5275A5 (resized).jpegD4EBA9CD-E1FC-4768-BF8F-4F6BA4AA6DE3 (resized).jpegD4EBA9CD-E1FC-4768-BF8F-4F6BA4AA6DE3 (resized).jpeg
#7970 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

any idea where the screw might be?

Check coil stops.

LTG : )

9860b6971f0ab25a5ebb978fb1ae9b9f6f8f1d40 (resized).jpeg9860b6971f0ab25a5ebb978fb1ae9b9f6f8f1d40 (resized).jpeg
#7971 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, yesterday I heard that something fell precisely when I finished my last game. I just found these parts under the playfield, any idea where the screw might be?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yup that screw is from one of your flipper mechs for sure need allen key and make sure you tighten them all.

#7972 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check the left ramp diverter.

#7973 3 years ago

Is everybody else getting shooter lane protectors? I just installed mine today - I think they are a must given the number of balls this thing fires out.

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check coil stops.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Quoted from wcbrandes:

yup that screw is from one of your flipper mechs for sure need allen key and make sure you tighten them all.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Check the left ramp diverter.

Thanks Fellas.... found it

830656F9-52C5-47E0-B8C3-A5C4CFABABC9 (resized).jpeg830656F9-52C5-47E0-B8C3-A5C4CFABABC9 (resized).jpeg
#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is everybody else getting shooter lane protectors? I just installed mine today - I think they are a must given the number of balls this thing fires out.

Strangely enough I have yet to see shooter wear against Wonka (~8000 plays) or GNR (~2600 or so).

I did order the scoop Cliffy though!

#7976 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Two questions for a JJP newbie. Where do you connect an external sub? Also, where can I pull 12v power for a cabinet lighting kit? Thank you!

JDub03 When you lift the playfield, the stock subwoofer that’s pointing downwards has a free set of metal terminals. Get your signal from there. I used alligator clips on speaker wire. Then you wire it through the hole in the back of the cabinet to your external subwoofer. Of course, it has to be a powered sub since all you’re getting from the cabinet is the signal.

Or, you can get a Pinwoofer kit

As far as lighting, I think somebody said they used one of the USB outlets behind the coin door to supply power for extra LEDs.

#7977 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I got one from Mezelmods. Would probably be fine without it but why risk it for such a low price?

#7978 3 years ago

Successful wifi update from 1.19 to the current code.

#7979 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No I just put 3 layers of Mylar where the ball hits the lane, 800 games in... no issues

#7980 3 years ago

Definitely recommend the cliffy scoop

#7981 3 years ago

One thing I hope that could be added in future update. Each song has a high score...maybe somehow when you play a song it would show what the current high score is for that song. The pin rocks either way and is definitely never leaving the house.

#7982 3 years ago

Just got my shipment tracking number for my LE. Excitement is an understatement!!!!

I guess this is what expecting mothers feel like I'm "nesting" a special place in my office for my baby away from my other pins

Also not pictured but going in: New Titans, more Lior mods including Shooter/Topper, Pinnovators Pinsub
20210412_223748 (resized).jpg20210412_223748 (resized).jpg20210412_223812 (resized).jpg20210412_223812 (resized).jpg

#7983 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Strangely enough I have yet to see shooter wear against Wonka (~8000 plays) or GNR (~2600 or so).

Do you have a link for the cliffy? I couldn't find it on his site. Thanks!

#7984 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do you have a link for the cliffy? I couldn't find it on his site. Thanks!

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got my shipment tracking number for my LE. Excitement is an understatement!!!!
I guess this is what expecting mothers feel like I'm "nesting" a special place in my office for my baby away from my other pins
Also not pictured but going in: New Titans, more Lior mods including Shooter/Topper, Pinnovators Pinsub
[quoted image][quoted image]

Two thumbs way up for those Speakers Art Blades! Congrats, and if you’re excited right now... wait for the happiness that this game will give you and your family ... I’m telling you man, 3 months with my game here at home and every single night the happiness is total... NO EXCEPTIONS

#7986 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Two thumbs way up for those Speakers Art Blades! Congrats, and if you’re excited right now... wait for the happiness that this game will give you and your family ... I’m telling you man, 3 months with my game here at home and every single night the happiness is total... NO EXCEPTIONS

That's so great to hear!!! I love those blades too. Seem like the perfect fit for a concert in a box!

#7987 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

i just got confirmation from Cliff that he has shipped mine.

#7988 3 years ago

How hard or where did anyone look to find out how to install the cliffy on the scoop ? Lane ones were pretty straight forward cheers

#7989 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Congrats!! When did you order your LE?

#7990 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Funny, I thought I was the only person that bought mods before they actually had the game

#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny, I thought I was the only person that bought mods before they actually had the game

Nup , my pile of mods is growing , just fun to have something arrive in the mail while I'm waiting for my game .

#7992 3 years ago

Is there a juke box mode yet? Would love to sit back and watch some concert footage

#7993 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Is there a juke box mode yet? Would love to sit back and watch some concert footage

You have to enable it in the set up menu.

#7994 3 years ago

Thank you, I thought I saw it but wasn’t able to enable it.
It seemed like it was add on content?

Quoted from eagleeyemma:

You have to enable it in the set up menu.

#7995 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

How hard or where did anyone look to find out how to install the cliffy on the scoop ? Lane ones were pretty straight forward cheers

There's a post on here by Vitty I believe that shows how to remove the upper playfield to get at the scoop

#7996 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Congrats!! When did you order your LE?

October 8th, although I did have my CE cancelled on the 5th. I don't think that affected my cue position though, just thought I'd mention it for full disclosure

#7997 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm "nesting" a special place in my office for my baby away from my other pins

Awesome.. newb here with LE on order... spent many months back in the day playing my favorite pin DE GNR.... this JJP is my first pin.
so do you have a post anywhere with details on those mods and maybe links? If its all on this pinside site, thats a fine answer... Ill use search.

1. Tape on floor, this is something I wanted to do but didn't know dimensions... would you share your footprint dims?
2. Cliffy kit- I see the reply post with a link but looks like on website it is WIP and not "DONE" and available?
3. Pin Shoes? Nice - need these! What company is that from? Link?
4. Light Diffusers? Cool.. same question.. where are those and what do they change? Link?
5. More info on your LED strip light kit? How are you planning to utilize that? Mount location? Will they be "active" or always on?
6. What is that red and clear circle with the drumsticks on them? Where do they go? link?
7 Is the subwoofer the PINWOOFER kit I am reading about ? If not, what's your audio upgrade plan?

I have the acrylic bumper protectors already from Mezel Mods! check!
I also ordered the Tilt Graphics side blades .... I got the Golgotha Speakers but with Skulls, Guns and Roses piled up along the bottom! check!

Thanks! Your picture and post are such a help!

-V

#7998 3 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Awesome.. newb here with LE on order... spent many months back in the day playing my favorite pin DE GNR.... this JJP is my first pin.
so do you have a post anywhere with details on those mods and maybe links? If its all on this pinside site, thats a fine answer... Ill use search.
1. Tape on floor, this is something I wanted to do but didn't know dimensions... would you share your footprint dims?
2. Cliffy kit- I see the reply post with a link but looks like on website it is WIP and not "DONE" and available?
3. Pin Shoes? Nice - need these! What company is that from? Link?
4. Light Diffusers? Cool.. same question.. where are those and what do they change? Link?
5. More info on your LED strip light kit? How are you planning to utilize that? Mount location? Will they be "active" or always on?
6. What is that red and clear circle with the drumsticks on them? Where do they go? link?
7 Is the subwoofer the PINWOOFER kit I am reading about ? If not, what's your audio upgrade plan?
I have the acrylic bumper protectors already from Mezel Mods! check!
I also ordered the Tilt Graphics side blades .... I got the Golgotha Speakers but with Skulls, Guns and Roses piled up along the bottom! check!
Thanks! Your picture and post are such a help!
-V

1. I'm just using a conservative generic number based off of distributor sales dimensions Height: 74.25”, Width: 29.0”, Depth: 52.0”...so I used 35 inches wide and 65 inches deep for my planning.. It's more just to get a feel for the space layout and not a precise measurement but rather a committment to my OCD'ness lol

2. https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm, email Cliffy and he'll get one out to you...He does have a backup on production right now and mine took about a month from ordering

3. https://cointaker.com/products/pin-shoes

4/5. I'm mounting the strips under the cab and behind. Supernight are the best ones I've found on Amazon, with 12 V power supply. I utilize a wifi transmitter and use an app Magic Home to control using voice commands from Alexa. Plan on having a red display color for show (I've got a red/black) theme in the office (see below)although it does have an interactive music mode that you can customize through the app
https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-5-Meter-Waterproof-Flexible-Changing/dp/B00ASHQQKI/ref=sr_1_12 use this in my home theater on 8 strips and program them with Alexa Scenes and Magic home to set different atmospheres and pre/during movie configurations, works great and connects directly to home wifi

6. Thats the drum upgrade kit from The Mod Couple. Lior "The Art of Pinball" https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/ is also supposed to be making one. https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jersey-jack-guns-and-roses/products/jjp-guns-and-roses-3d-custom-rock-pop-bumper-drum-kit

7. I am not doing the Pinwoofer upgrade, although that is a good option for some who aren't adding an external sub. Since I have a spare Klipsch 12" R-112SW sub that has it's own 600W powered amplification that I repurposed from a Theater room upgrade, I am using it with a clean tap off the Cabinet sub using the Pinnovators signal tap feed to transmit an RCA signal. https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue

Plus one on the Mezel protectors, I put those on all my games. I was torn on the side blades, Love the skull ones too. Would love to see your in cab when installed.
20210413_093944 (resized).jpg20210413_093944 (resized).jpg20210413_094034 (resized).jpg20210413_094034 (resized).jpg20210413_094116 (resized).jpg20210413_094116 (resized).jpg

#7999 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

a committment to my OCD'ness lol

feel ya.

I am going to get the Pin shoes and GNR action button mod... thats awesome.. I may pass on the plunger skull.... for now It helps its out of stock.
Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions ... a bit surprised you didnt get the Pin blanket from Cointaker ... its tempting, no? I have it in my cart, lets see what happens.... Not sure I want to cover up the LE ever, but it makes sense and looks great... then again, I didnt get a cover for my pool table... hmm.. Tough call. (p.s. office looks awesome. Love the stone and ceiling!)

2021-04-13_11-02-00 (resized).jpg2021-04-13_11-02-00 (resized).jpg

#8000 3 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

feel ya.
I am going to get the Pin shoes and GNR action button mod... thats awesome.. I may pass on the plunger skull.... for now It helps its out of stock.
Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions ... a bit surprised you didnt get the Pin blanket from Cointaker ... its tempting, no? I have it in my cart, lets see what happens.... Not sure I want to cover up the LE ever, but it makes sense and looks great... then again, I didnt get a cover for my pool table... hmm.. Tough call. (p.s. office looks awesome. Love the stone and ceiling!)
[quoted image]

Thanks!

I don't cover my pins. Gotta always be looking at the playfield, on or off. I don't have pets (ie Cats yuck - sneeze sniff scratch) that can get up on them

Definitely cover your billiard table though, for protecting the felt, but also dust buildup ..years of that will pile up and change ball roll/play - I mean you still need to clean chalk dust but why add to it with household dust...just my $.02

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/160?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.