IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 569.
#7901 3 years ago

There is a patch you can collect that starts your dirty robot mode button power shot at 50%.

Quoted from Av8:

Hey pinheads. I got a GNR SE 3 days ago. My first jjp. 19th pin that have owned. Rock and pinball make the perfect combination and this is hands down the best pin I have owned. ACDC is close second.
The game build quality is very impressive. It's fast addictive and challenging. Perfect for home use. Light show, even on the SE, is incredible. 21 different songs each with their own multiball. Rules are deep but the album modes seem incomplete. Video graphics are awesome. 9 out of 10.
I adjusted the outlanes because they were brutal. Turned on attract mode in settings to play video and sound. Increase ball saver to 10 seconds from 6.
Dirty robot needed a timer. It was set to infinite. This mode should incorporate the mode button more. Like hit a shot then hit mode button.
Updated to 1.20 with USD stick.
Patches took me a while to figure out. [quoted image]

#7902 3 years ago

869 in the house ! Stopped for a break it’s going to be a late night .JJP and team Eric you fing rock !

36A0D106-47E1-4CAF-B537-2DBB6A72F6C7 (resized).jpeg36A0D106-47E1-4CAF-B537-2DBB6A72F6C7 (resized).jpeg6337DCBA-96BC-4AAD-BCF5-C0F481E64F54 (resized).jpeg6337DCBA-96BC-4AAD-BCF5-C0F481E64F54 (resized).jpeg
#7903 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got booed off stage twice in the same ball.

Oh chuck you can do better than that

44AB1F53-E9AF-4FD7-BAD3-FA42C38BCE19.gif44AB1F53-E9AF-4FD7-BAD3-FA42C38BCE19.gif
#7904 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got booed off stage twice in the same ball.

Pick an easier song. Or don’t suck.

#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh chuck you can do better than that [quoted image]

Not with these crappy flippers I can’t. Haha. Good lord.

#7906 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Pick an easier song. Or don’t suck.

Trying to maximize score, so I let the game choose for me.

#7907 3 years ago

What to do here, seems a bit odd to have two sides that have “Truck this Side Only”. Are others’ boxes like this?

5C55C11D-04EC-48E7-B4AB-4E672EA630F4 (resized).jpeg5C55C11D-04EC-48E7-B4AB-4E672EA630F4 (resized).jpeg

#7908 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What to do here, seems a bit odd to have two sides that have “Truck this Side Only”. Are others’ boxes like this?
[quoted image]

That's a pickle . If I had to guess , I'll go the left side , it looks like the original side .
Glad pinside is back , great to see everyone again .

#7909 3 years ago

a day after my birthday last sunday a package arrived. It was a package i won on facebook from Dayne Henry jr's fanpage. Dayne apparently heard i won the giveaway and knew i had the LE pinball machine for which he did the artwork on the playfield and the backglass. He added a little something i was told. Never expected it to be a sketch of Axl Rose which he made for the machine and he hand colored it. It wil be framed and get a place in the gameroom by the pinball machine for sure.

20210405_143947 (resized).jpg20210405_143947 (resized).jpg20210405_144045 (resized).jpg20210405_144045 (resized).jpg20210405_144309 (resized).jpg20210405_144309 (resized).jpg
#7910 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

a day after my birthday last sunday a package arrived. It was a package i won on facebook from Dayne Henry jr's fanpage. Dayne apparently heard i won the giveaway and knew i had the LE pinball machine for which he did the artwork on the playfield and the backglass. He added a little something i was told. Never expected it to be a sketch of Axl Rose which he made for the machine and he hand colored it. It wil be framed and get a place in the gameroom by the pinball machine for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sick , great if you could get that as a large print .
You're a lucky guy .

#7911 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

[quoted image]

Just trucked mine a few days ago on the right side for your photo. You can always peak inside to double check.

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just trucked mine a few days ago on the right side for your photo. You can always peak inside to double check.

But can it be trucked from either side? Why would JJP ship boxes like this otherwise?

#7913 3 years ago

I saw in instruction sheet to screw leg seats all the way in .The floor is level where it stands but is this the proper pitch for this game? Seems a bit slow but fun never the less.That was some serious fun last night .

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

[quoted image]

It’s the side with the blue tilt indicator .

#7915 3 years ago

That’s what I was told yesterday when the guy dropped it off .

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There is a patch you can collect that starts your dirty robot mode button power shot at 50%.

Okay, I'll bite. What patch is it???

#7917 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Okay, I'll bite. What patch is it???

it's the appetite for destruction album patch

#7918 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That looks sick , great if you could get that as a large print .
You're a lucky guy .

no kiddin. earlier on i also won a designer team signed upper playfield. GNR has been kind to my karma.

#7919 3 years ago

I just got my GnR LE this week and tried installing the black mirror blades today but I can’t get the hole for the back box hinge to properly align. It’s like a few centimeters off but enough that the bolt won’t go through, so I’m considering cutting them down a bit. Any one else had to deal with this? Bad idea or not?! Appreciate the help as always!

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s the side with the blue tilt indicator .

So what would happen if someone trucks from the other side?

#7921 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

As someone who accidentally tricked his game on the wrong side, I can tell you nothing bad happened to my game.

#7922 3 years ago

Does it matter which USB port is used for updates and Bluetooth? Last night I pulled Bluetooth to update but had a few beers in me and now I can't remember which I grabbed it from.

20210411_102455 (resized).jpg20210411_102455 (resized).jpg
#7923 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I saw in instruction sheet to screw leg seats all the way in .The floor is level where it stands but is this the proper pitch for this game? Seems a bit slow but fun never the less.That was some serious fun last night .

Bubble should be just touching 2nd line.

#7924 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:Does it matter which USB port is used for updates and Bluetooth? Last night I pulled Bluetooth to update but had a few beers in me and now I can't remember which I grabbed it from.
[quoted image]

It looks like your Bluetooth dongle is in the right spot. The one on the left can be used for updates as well as the gray or black cable to the left of the coin box.

#7925 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I just got my GnR LE this week and tried installing the black mirror blades today but I can’t get the hole for the back box hinge to properly align. It’s like a few centimeters off but enough that the bolt won’t go through, so I’m considering cutting them down a bit. Any one else had to deal with this? Bad idea or not?! Appreciate the help as always!

When I installed my set (from a different mfr) I did need to trim some material off the top rear edge so that I could get the blade to line up. Tin snips FTW.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

TLDR: I think the bug is somewhere in Chinese Democracy album time accumulating. Patience has something to do with it as well.
It’s happened twice to me. The first time was about a week ago and Patience absolutely was involved. I had completed everything in the game except Chinese Democracy. I played the song and last 2:56 seconds (doh! Just short to light the album). On my last ball i decided to play patience since it accumulates all albums. I completed and cashed out, but Chinese Democracy album was not lit.
On this most recent occurrence; i had lit and played tear down the wall first, demolition derby second, Tour, slash solo. Then i played better in Chinese democracy and completed the time limit and cashed out - however, the album did not light. I then played It’s so easy on Appetite and failed just shy of the 3 minute mark and decided to play patience to boost it above 3 mins.
However, i just looked back at my screenshot and it shows that Chinese Democracy album only has 52secs, but I did play Better and an encore (cashed out after).
So all in all i think the bug lies somewhere within Chinese Democracy and not accumulating time? Which therein bugged Appetite for Destruction album mode.

I think you need to send me cliff notes on how to play and score well on this machine!

#7927 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just very carefully cut a small hole in the side you suspect is the bottom of the machine. Verify that is indeed the bottom, and truck from that side.

#7928 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think you need to send me cliff notes on how to play and score well on this machine!

Cliff notes version:
Get multiball, don’t drain.

Not so much cliff notes version (i.e. the Long version):
The biggest thing is learning the objectives in the song modes and understanding how the inserts move. While each song is different from the next, the overall construct of rules are the same. The light show is HUGE so it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

I suggest starting with songs from use your illusion 2. They are the easiest to pick up and understand. ‘You could be mine’ and ‘civil war’ are really easy to pick up and run with but they are also the hardest to score in. I enjoy playing civil war because it’s all about the upper loop shot (+ 1 other shot is always lit to help).

Next learn band frenzy shots and how the inserts work on the revolver for them. If a band member insert on the revolver is flashing color, shoot that members shot to collect. Collected band members will be solid white on the insert revolver. Collect them all for band frenzy and the revolver will be going nuts with rainbow colors. Again, ‘you could be mine’ and ‘civil war’ are the best songs to learn this because the overall light show is easier to understand.

Once you got those concepts down, move onto other songs and start learning song mode objectives insert shots. It becomes easier and easier once you learn something less overwhelming like ‘you could be mine’ or ‘civil war’ as mentioned above.

All in all you have 4 objectives during a song:
1. Make song objective shots, light scoop green, shoot scoop and level up the song mode.
2. Collect band members and get band frenzy going.
3. Lock balls for power chord. Lock them all and get a power chord jackpot + add a ball.
4. Keep your crowd meter alive *cough* chuck *cough*. When a song is near the end you really want your crowd meter maxed so you can get an encore. Crowd meter increases by making any shots, lit shots boost it higher.

Next step, doing well:
The more balls and members you collect prior to starting a song, the more balls you start with and the longer your ball saver. So lock those balls!

Patches:
• Always always always get the fender patch, it helps collect members for band frenzy.
• Patches for scoring well: fender + band members
• Patches Wizard mode progression: sponsor patches, sunglasses (for tour multiball), album patches (mainly use your illusion 2 patch for its album mode - hardest album mode to complete).

Scoring vs. wizard mode:
• If you’re going for score and just want to have an absolute Adrenalin rushed risk/reward game, then never cash out of a song and go for encore/band frenzy.

• if you’re going for wizard mode progression, it’s all about those extra balls. when you have the option to cash out of a song, look at the mini LCD, it’ll tell you if you qualified the album mode. If so, cash out (this will light the extra ball). If it’s not complete, then keep playing the song.

Quick tip 1:
Use that power chord guitar lock to store balls and keep the playfield less cluttered to progress song objectives.

Quick tip 2:
If you’re down to one ball in a song mode near the end of the song, you can ‘cheat’ the applause jackpot by shooting scoop when it’s lit green and wait the full 10 seconds. If applause lights during the 10 seconds, it’ll give it to you.

Lastly: have a beer and rock on! Absolute Adrenalin risk/reward fun game.

#7929 3 years ago

Great tips @Eskaybee. Thanks for that write up!

My wifi update failed to install the update twice. Anyone have this happen? Any suggestions?

#7930 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Truck this side only is the bottom of the cabinet. Truck from the other sides and you are on either side of the head, or the front of the head and maybe lockdownbar.

Could be no damage. Could be a lot. Depends on the trucking.

LTG : )

#7931 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just very carefully cut a small hole in the side you suspect is the bottom of the machine. Verify that is indeed the bottom, and truck from that side.

Or small hole on the top. Only go in enough to pull up some cardboard for a look see. Don't poke a long sharp thing into the game.

LTG : )

#7932 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Trying to maximize score, so I let the game choose for me.

There is a dramatic difference in song difficulty level.

#7933 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is a dramatic difference in song difficulty level.

Good to know. The ramps were borderline impossible to make especially with 6 balls in play. Only was able to make it through 3-4 waves. Was trying for encore on each song.

#7934 3 years ago

today a new first...
Started a game. just finished ball one started playing ball 2. Friend comes over and asks , hey put me in . but i was on ball two. he presses button while i was playing (kind of snickered thinking it was going to drop my game and start game over) and it displayed a player two was added . i finished my ball and then he was on ball one , then he drained i was up for my last ball and played it , then he played the rest of his to finish the two player game..
never knew this possible and think it very cool option for a late comer to the party . Any other JJP do this ?

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

aujourd'hui une nouvelle première ... A
commencé une partie. Je viens de terminer le bal un a commencé à jouer au ballon 2. Un ami vient et demande, hey, mettez-moi dedans. mais j'étais sur la balle deux. il appuie sur le bouton pendant que je jouais et il a affiché un joueur deux a été ajouté. j'ai fini ma balle et c'est sûr qu'il était sur la première balle, puis il a drainé j'étais prêt pour ma dernière balle et l'a joué, puis il a joué le reste de la sienne pour terminer le jeu à deux joueurs ...
je n'ai jamais su cela possible et je le pense très option cool pour un retardataire à la fête. Un autre JJP fait-il cela?

I believe they all do, DI and POTC for sure.

#7936 3 years ago

Something to look out for; the ramp diverter to the upper playfield was rubbing the ramp. I caught it and re-shaped the guide before damage was started. The limit-of-movement in the guide-plate-assembly located under the playfield may allow this to happen if we're not careful.

GNRdiverter (resized).jpgGNRdiverter (resized).jpg
#7937 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Something to look out for; the ramp diverter to the upper playfield was rubbing the ramp. I caught it and re-shaped the guide before damage was started. The limit-of-movement in the guide-plate-assembly located under the playfield may allow this to happen if we're not careful.[quoted image]

Good catch .Any thoughts on the pitch for this pin I had all the adjustments screwed all the way in last night like it said in direction sheet .seemed a little slow but reguardless fun .floor is level just wondering what people were doing for pitch .

#7938 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

today a new first...
Started a game. just finished ball one started playing ball 2. Friend comes over and asks , hey put me in . but i was on ball two. he presses button while i was playing (kind of snickered thinking it was going to drop my game and start game over) and it displayed a player two was added . i finished my ball and then he was on ball one , then he drained i was up for my last ball and played it , then he played the rest of his to finish the two player game..
never knew this possible and think it very cool option for a late comer to the party . Any other JJP do this ?

had this happen to me this week as well. Cool feature i must say

#7939 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Good catch .Any thoughts on the pitch for this pin I had all the adjustments screwed all the way in last night like it said in direction sheet .seemed a little slow but reguardless fun .floor is level just wondering what people were doing for pitch .

See my previous post, but bubble touching 2nd line from bottom is a pretty good sweet spot for me.

#7940 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

See my previous post, but bubble touching 2nd line from bottom is a pretty good sweet spot for me.

Thanks bud

#7941 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I'm not settled in yet; still playing with the back feet. Lifting ever-so-little, looking for a point of issue then I'll dial it back. I'm preparing to adjust the transition plate from the skillshot-to-the-flippers. Far too often the launch provides a ball through the flippers.

#7942 3 years ago

Made a video tonight. My son got the patch and unlocked "Patience" then played COMA and Slashes solo on our GNR SE. His personal best.

This is an adrenaline fueled machine.

#7943 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cliff notes version:
The biggest thing is learning the objectives in the song modes and understanding how the inserts move. While each song is different from the next, the overall construct of rules are the same. The light show is HUGE so it can be a bit overwhelming at first.
I suggest starting with songs from use your illusion 2. They are the easiest to pick up and understand. ‘You could be mine’ and ‘civil war’ are really easy to pick up and run with but they are also the hardest to score in. I enjoy playing civil war because it’s all about the upper loop shot (+ 1 other shot is always lit to help).
Next learn band frenzy shots and how the inserts work on the revolver for them. If a band member insert on the revolver is flashing color, shoot that members shot to collect. Collected band members will be solid white on the insert revolver. Collect them all for band frenzy and the revolver will be going nuts with rainbow colors. Again, ‘you could be mine’ and ‘civil war’ are the best songs to learn this because the overall light show is easier to understand.
Once you got those concepts down, move onto other songs and start learning song mode objectives insert shots. It becomes easier and easier once you learn something less overwhelming like ‘you could be mine’ or ‘civil war’ as mentioned above.
1. Make song objective shots, light scoop green, shoot scoop and level up the song mode.
3. Lock balls for power chord. Lock them all and get a power chord jackpot + add a ball.
4. Keep your crowd meter alive *cough* chuck *cough*. When a song is near the end you really want your crowd meter maxed so you can get an encore. Crowd meter increases by making any shots, lit shots boost it higher.
Next step, doing well:
The more balls and members you collect prior to starting a song, the more balls you start with and the longer your ball saver. So lock those balls!
Patches:
• Always always always get the fender patch, it helps collect members for band frenzy.
• Patches Wizard mode progression: sponsor patches, sunglasses (for tour multiball), album patches (mainly use your illusion 2 patch for its album mode - hardest album mode to complete).
Scoring vs. wizard mode:
• If you’re going for score and just want to have an absolute Adrenalin rushed risk/reward game, then never cash out of a song and go for encore/band frenzy.
• if you’re going for wizard mode progression, it’s all about those extra balls. when you have the option to cash out of a song, look at the mini LCD, it’ll tell you if you qualified the album mode. If so, cash out (this will light the extra ball). If it’s not complete, then keep playing the song.
Quick tip 1:
Use that power chord guitar lock to store balls and keep the playfield less cluttered to progress song objectives.
Quick tip 2:
If you’re down to one ball in a song mode near the end of the song, you can ‘cheat’ the applause jackpot by shooting scoop when it’s lit green and wait the full 10 seconds. If applause lights during the 10 seconds, it’ll give it to you.

My son figured out that starting multiballs before starting your first song is the key to a good score. He goes for Throw the lights or Pyro mb then easily gets the band together and a patch, locking more balls along the way. I was focused on the band members and song initially. Now I switched to his strategy. MB then songs.

The Album modes ie "Dirty Robot" seems incomplete and the scoring unworthy of the accomplishment. Also got Tour MB tonight for first time. Again kept asking where is the shot/objective? Got almost nothing for it. Look forward to more updates to this great pin. Maybe a video mode?

#7944 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Good catch .Any thoughts on the pitch for this pin I had all the adjustments screwed all the way in last night like it said in direction sheet .seemed a little slow but regardless fun .floor is level just wondering what people were doing for pitch .

Pitch is critical in this game. The steeper i make it, the more ball control i have. Harder, fast pins play better steep imo. Definitely experiment with it. I also lean slightly left.

#7945 3 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Made a video tonight. My son got the patch and unlocked "Patience" then played COMA and Slashes solo on our GNR SE. His personal best.
This is an adrenaline fueled machine.

Congratulations for your SE, I had the privilege to play one in my distributor’s place and it is an amazing game (a truly badass game IMO).

Thanks for posting this video, your son it is indeed an Impressive player, my son is 16yy and he’s an amazing player as well... in my "Attack From Mars" the record has been his for the past 2 years

Cheers

#7946 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

today a new first...

All JJP's

#7947 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

in my "Attack From Mars" the record has been his for the past 2 years
Cheers

So he's a chip off the old Titan

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So he's a chip off the old Titan

#7949 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cliff notes version:
Next step, doing well:
Patches:
Scoring vs. wizard mode:
Quick tip 1:
Quick tip 2:

Do you hit the middle button often in the game? It’s just to change patches and collect others, right? I rarely hit that button

#7950 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Do you hit the middle button often in the game? It’s just to change patches and collect others, right? I rarely hit that button

It has several functions:

1. Patch selection
2. Pyro jackpot collection
3. Press and hold to defer (toggle) album mode
4. Press at the tank to allow song selection
5. Hadoken in the AFD album mode
6. Cannon shot in the Tear Down the Wall album mode

Any others?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/159?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.